Fleetio Ratings

Overall

About Fleetio

Fleetio's suite of fleet management solutions helps fleets of all sizes automate fleet operations and manage asset lifecycle with the convenience of a smartphone and the Fleetio Go mobile app. Fleets can manage maintenance, fuel, vehicle inspections, parts, recalls + more. Fleetio offers fuel card automation plus integration with multiple telematics solutions for automated odometer updates, DTC handling and fuel location reporting. Learn more about Fleetio

Philip R.
Vice President
Industrial Automation, 11-50 employees
July 11, 2019

“Fleetio makes management of our 22 vehicles, most of which are white, easy and transparent.”

OverallWe have a 22 car fleet for technicians, the drivers keep them from cradle to grave. It's probably an hour a car to completely get it set up. Once all the info is in you can eliminate a few Excel sheets around the office since its all in Fleetio. I went back 6 months with repair data - it was worth doing. Fleetio sweeps in our Wex gas charge card charges every night, this gets vehicle odometers in for maint reminders and calculates fuel mileage. For a new vehicle I input total cost incl sales tax on a 4 year note so Fleetio shows this in cost per mile (45 cents) vs 22 cents on an 80 - 100k mile vehicle that we own so I think this will help in the keep/trade/junk the car decisions. I can see all repairs done to a car so when something happens I have a context to make decisions from. I looked up all owners manuals online and input the oil change, coolant, trans svc, engine and cabin air filter, spark plug & PCV valve and tire rotation intervals into Fleetio. It now e-mails me and the driver when service is due and I can quickly see - say its an oil change at 97K - lets do the 100K spark plug change too. A car w/ spark plugs changed at 60k during a repair can go to 160K, you can set all that. Also tire rotations - the reminder I made says how to rotate "Front Wheel Drive 4 Tire - LR to RF to RR to LF to LR" for each type of car. Five wheel rotation says lubricate spare tire carrier, etc. So now I can see what's coming due in on list. I feel so good about the cars now!
ProsI got everything into it that I need and I now really have a handle on what's going on with our vehicles. I think we can deliver a better experience to our drivers now, too. It's so nice to know that everything is being done that should be and that we're not doing things twice which we were sometimes before. Especially with so many white vehicles none of us really knew which was which never mind their histories.
ConsSome things I think could be improved to save labor on the admin end but they are continuously upgrading it and we have worse problems with our accounting and service dispatch software which costs a lot more. So Fleetio's not perfect but not perfect compared to what? I don't think any software programmers completely understand what users need since they don't really use the software - I think Fleetio does a better job than most and Fleetio does everything I need it to.

By RareStep on July 15, 2019
Hi Philip! Thanks so much for your positive review and your feedback. We are so glad to hear that Fleetio has streamlined your processes and increased efficiency for you and your fleet. It is so great to hear that you are able to leverage our fuel card integration. Please do not hesitate to let our support team know if you need anything. Thank you!
July 11, 2019
Mark M.
Construction, 5001-10,000 employees
July 27, 2017

“A++ customer service. Fleetio is built with a clean, modern structure & design. Training gets A+.”

OverallAllows me to structure the new corporate fleet policies, procedures, records. Encourages vehicle managers to protect, utilize and maintain company assets.
Pros- The GUI is very clean and airy, so that makes a good first impression. - The simple layout keeps "clutter-confusion" to a minimum. - Little blue "helping" text through-out provides clarification of functionality for starting users. Just hover over those & click, or hover over little question marks. - Their lack of strong vehicle & driver dispatching / routing / tracking / scoring is a plus for us (~1,000 vehicles & equipment). We only needed an asset management system with vehicle and equipment data capture capabilities. Preventive and scheduled vehicle maintenance. Also authorized driver assignments. - Internal dbs communications are handy with public vehicle comments and easy email prompts. Maybe they'll offer IM?? -Batch Export/Import process is VERY fast and intuitive. Just "Export Data", receive Excel spreadsheet, modify your data, "Save", "Import Data", drag/drop the file, "OK" the template and click "Submit". You don't even have to rename the original file. -Our corporate VPs are pleased with the automatic reminders and notifications. Driver's licenses, vehicle registrations, insurance renewals etc. can be dated to provide advance notice and even overdue alerts. Some other corporate departments were investigating this capability. Guess Fleet Management got it first. -Creating custom fields is very simple. Everybody needs those.
Cons-Canned reporting selection can be increased, OR, -The ability to generate and save Admin or User reporting would be nice. Probably a more efficient avenue than the first option. -NOT a CON: Automatic scheduled report generation would be a big plus for me. Come in to work Monday AM and find 3-5 brief reports already processed, covering vehicle Alerts, Problems, New Vehicles etc would be very nice. Maybe even auto distribution. Other databases do that. -Too little internal corporate or financial structure hierarchy. "Group" is about the only way to tag a vehicle except with a person's name (driver). Our internal IT will have that as integration priority #1 since user security restrictions (vendor recently enhanced that), financial charging to contracts, projects and overhead is required. -I discussed automatic vehicle retirement data routing to our G/L, Risk and Fixed Asset System depts with the vendor. They are providing a couple of workaround options and I think they should add this as a canned communication to other corporate depts. If only as vehicle data Excel file attachment to an email distribution group. Triggered upon vehicle status change to "Sold", "Scrapped", etc.
July 27, 2017
Kenny S.
Vice President of Operations
Environmental Services, Unspecified
March 19, 2018

“Fleetio is Advanced, Easy to Navigate and Extremely Useful for Our Fleet!”

OverallI just listed them on the other page about pros and cons. Thanks
ProsDrivers input of issues transform to work orders so easily. We used to wait for the paper inspection to come in to schedule work to be done. By the time you received the inspection sheet that problem has been needing repair for over a week. Now that the truck operators input the issues directly to the system our shop sees the issue that day and schedules the work for that weekend. Efficiency is way better now that we have been running the Fleetio Software. Your Dashboard is an extremely useful landing page that will give you all the important information you need in an instant. I really like seeing what our monthly spend has been over time and whether we are trending up on spend or hopefully down. The integration with Geotab has made odometer updates a breeze and the DTC Alerts is great. I could go on and on about how great they are but to some it up, Fleetio is a company that gets it, they understand what companies need out of a fleet management software.
ConsFew minor issues with Purchase Orders like the ability to create a PO from a work order, but they continually add helpful features! They currently do not fully integrate with our fueling network which is CFN but the Flyers Energy side of things. Hopefully that will be coming soon as well. I feel like some of the reporting could be slightly better. From a management standpoint i would like to be able to filter total operating cost to specific service categories.
March 19, 2018
Steve C.
Fleet Quality Administrator
Consumer Services, 1001-5000 employees
July 29, 2019

“Fleetio helps me truly "see" our fleet.”

OverallI've been administrating the product for 5 years. Fleetio is very intuitive and the entire Fleetio staff is always super helpful and friendly. I'd recommend it to any company with a fleet of any size.
ProsFleetio gives me incredible visibility into our fleet. We use Fleetio to track about 1100 vehicles across the country. Before Fleetio, we had little to no idea whether maintenance was being performed on time. Now, a simple glance at the dashboard tells me or our managers where we stand. They also have easy to understand reports that help me drill down into the details.
ConsIt is not fully customizable by the user. That can be a pro for beginners but a slight drawback for advanced users. So, if there is a feature you would like to use that they do not provide, you can't tweak the system on your own. The Fleetio team is great about taking feedback though and they are always improving and expanding the system, often based on customer input.

By RareStep on August 8, 2019
Hi Steve, Thank you so much for your review. I speak for the entire Fleetio team when I say that we have always enjoyed working with you. We greatly appreciate your business and are so glad that our software has been beneficial in helping you increase efficiency and streamline fleet management for your fleet at Stanley Steemer. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any support you may need. Thank you!
July 29, 2019
Kieran D.
Fleet Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
March 26, 2019

“Review of the Fleetio program”

OverallMy experience with using Fleetio has been very easy. I was using the program right from the first day. It helps me track so many things with regards to our Fleet of vehicles. I no longer have to have spreadsheets galore in order to track when my vehicles are due for a service - the system reminds me when its coming up. Any program is as good as the info you put into it, but the customization of Fleetio is easy to use. I entered all the reminders for each of my vehicles, assigning the number of kilometers between each service and the system reminds me when to get each one done. Both of the shops we use for servicing our units also use this program which allows the service techs to see what is required for each service and if there are any issues in the system that need to be fixed while the unit is in their care. The two shops also submit their invoices to us through Fleetio which saves time and money for all. Also each shop sees what the other is charging for a particular service, elevating the competition that some shops have. Its a win/win for all involved! I couldn't do my job as well as I do without Fleetio!
ProsThe program is easy to use and easy to customize. It incorporates data all into one spot which makes it easy to track a history of service, repairs, damages and fuel usage. It also tracks how much money is spent on each vehicle in the fleet with regards to repairs, which helps to point out a unit that might have repeating issues.
ConsI don't have anything bad to say about this program - except it doesn't bring me coffee in the morning! :)
March 26, 2019
Chelsea H.
System Analyst
Medical Devices, 11-50 employees
December 13, 2018

“A virtual fleet manager for any fleet size! Why aren't you using this already?!?!?!”

OverallAs a small business, we were desperate for a system to track, monitor, and automate some of the fleet management tasks that we just aren't staffed to perform. Fleetio has essentially eliminated the need for a dedicated fleet manager, allowing our employees to focus on achieving primary business goals instead of worrying about the fleet. We find Fleetio an invaluable partner in our business and have been so pleased with the product, their team, and features. We can't wait to see what they do next!
ProsOur favorite aspect of Fleetio is its usability! From the driver's Fleetio Go app to the administrative Fleetio Manage portal, our users have quickly adopted the application and even are happy to try out new features as they are added. The focus that the product team has on the customer and user experience is amazing and very unusual in this space and price point.
ConsFleetio has a great customer support team and product feedback team; however, they could improve the user experience during the initial account configuration process. Don't get me wrong - Fleetio may be the most user-friendly system that our company uses, but it does take some time for initial setup (hint: if you have the time - do so during the generous 14 day free trial period.) I do wish there would have been a little bit more effort either as a step-by-step tutorial within the system or a quick call with an associate to make sure the system is set up properly and to function as optimally as designed. Once you're in, their knowledgebase is expansive and tips are made available on all new features - signs of a very well executed product plan!
December 13, 2018
Robert J.
Fleet Maintenance and Safety Manager
March 29, 2019

“Fleetio helps support asset and vehicle maintenance management.”

OverallFleetio is our first fleet maintenance software program. Before that, everything was done manually. We now have the ability to efficiently record, track and report on vehicle maintenance and operating activities, parts inventory, and just about every other facet of our business. Our efficiency and time savings are just a couple of reasons why Fleetio has been worth every penny of the cost, which by the way is a very good value compared to other programs.
ProsThe various modules cover most of the needed business activities, and since the entire program is vehicle based, it is a perfect choice for fleet managers and operators. The reporting functionality is very robust, and covers most any data set that is required. It integrates with third party vendors such as contract maintenance shops and GPS systems for vehicle mileage uploads.
ConsFor long time Windows users, the Fleetio software takes a bit of getting used to on how to navigate around, but once a person gets the hang of it, it is fairly easy to work with. A user needs to be aware that Fleetio does not function well with previous versions of IE, and should be run on the platforms that are recommended by Fleetio.
March 29, 2019
LORI K.
Insulation Marketing & Executive Assistant
Construction, 11-50 employees
July 26, 2019

“Star Companies, Inc on our experience with Fleetio”

OverallThe overall experience has been very positive and I would recommend this software to others who are looking for a way to manage their vehicle fleet. Customer service is helpful and our questions are always answered effectively and in a timely manner. Thank you for making the management of our vehicles so easy!
ProsThis software is easy to navigate and makes it easy to keep track of vehicles ensuring that all are tracked and maintained efficiently.
ConsThere are other levels of the product we'd like to incorporate but everything we look at has a higher cost involved. The program does all we need it to do as we are set up, but we would most likely add a few more levels of service if it didn't cost more every time anything new is added.

By RareStep on July 29, 2019
Hi Lori! Thank you for leaving a review of our software and your overall experience so far! We are thrilled that you find Fleetio easy to use. Just to clarify, there are no a la carte features within Fleetio. You can access all of the features we offer through the advanced plan which is a set monthly price, only two dollars more than the pro plan. We would be happy to offer you a free trial of the advanced plan. I hope this helps! Please reach out to us at help@fleetio.com with any questions. Thanks again!
July 26, 2019
Todd H.
Administrator
December 13, 2016

“Fleetio is a good product”

Overall1. We have been using Fleetio for over a year now and the reminders component is our favorite. This internet based program sends emails to whoever needs to be reminded of driver and truck compliance issues. It saves our staff from having to review spreadsheets every week to verify expirations. And we can do it on the fly from anywhere, not just at the office. 2. The budgeting that we can do is great also. We can look at a glance and see how much a truck is costing us. Lemon? Hard driver? MPG? Service hog? You name it. 3. We group our labor to verify accountability and produce bonuses for payroll. 4. We labeled our departments like a truck. The shop is a truck, the facility is a truck, cash sales a truck, the cleaning staff a truck. Anything that has an expense. Now we can go see the cost for each dept. and create our budgets for any given time frame. Fleetio has become a very important part of our operational support.
ProsReminders
ConsMost of this is probably our lack of training so far, but you asked... lol 1. Service entries vs. work orders 2. Assignments and attaching equipment. A lot of running around to reassign or move a driver or swap a trailer etc... Data entry piles up. 3. Inventory is still a bit cumbersome.
Recommendations to other buyersIt is evolving nicely as the programmers are fine tuning the different components.
December 13, 2016
Lisa L.
Special Projects Manager
Utilities, 11-50 employees

“Superior Customer Service!”

OverallThe whole Fleetio team is awesome. From the sales process bringing the Magic! Shout out to the rep! To the training experience with our guy, to the customer service teams that promptly respond to your issues. We couldn't be happier. In fact, our Maintenance team looks for opportunities to share the Fleetio Go App with everyone they see. If you are thinking of changing talk to these folks, they will make sure your experience is epic.
ProsFleetio is a very user-friendly application that is completely mobile. Our maintenance team loves that they can go to a parts store and have everything they need at their fingertips to order parts. We love the fact that we can create issues as they happen instead of remembering to call or text the maintenance team and let them know there are issues. The many integration options keep all of our reporting in one easy to review place and allow us to see true dollar spend for each vehicle and our fleet as a whole.
ConsThere are great customization options, but I do believe that adding customization options to the Specs/Engine & Transmission/Wheels & Tires/Fluids, etc areas would be very beneficial. We would like to put the type of oils we use and more in the fluids section. We have been able to create custom fields for these items so we aren't missing the data, we just think the tabs are nice and would like to flesh them out.

By RareStep on June 27, 2019
Lisa, Your review means so much to us! We are thrilled that your experience has been consistent from the sales process to implementation. We are constantly improving our software and adding new features, so thank you for your feedback! We will be sure to take it into consideration. Thanks again!
Scott R.
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
January 17, 2019

“A first rate fleet management experience”

OverallFleetio checks all the boxes. It's simple for the end user. It has great management tools included. I can tailor settings to our organization. And they are always rolling out new features. They have a proactive approach to support, offering webinars and tutorials.
ProsMy favorite thing about Fleetio is that they are always working on improving their product. There always seems to be a new tutorial, or newsletter, or feature for the product. Their pride in producing a quality software experience for the end user is evident in all they do.
ConsI don't have a "least". In my previous career I purchased many software platforms that failed to deliver, in both what the software should do and in the support of that product. Anyone who has been responsible for transitioning an organization to a new software platform knows how a product that fails to live up to what you have been promised can negatively effect your career. Fleetio delivers.
January 17, 2019
Ernest A.
Maintenance Supervisor
July 19, 2017

“My experience has been nothing but positive. ”

ProsI love the freedom that you get to mold the software to you needs. As we all know getting vendors to customize what they offer to your business needs is very time consuming and tough. It can be very expensive too! Fleetio has baseline options that are better than most other companies that offer maintenance software. We chose Fleetio because they have a platform that is easy for the users. I have been working with Fleetio for the last year. With their help and willingness to change and improve we have reached a level where we were comfortable moving most of our day to day maintenance operations to their system.
ConsI don't know if this is a con or me just wanting more!! I wish there were more integrations in the pipeline with our vendors. I wish we had more freedom. I would have more cons but every time I voice one of them to customer service they have been able to either fix it or put on the to do list!
Noah D.
Controller
August 8, 2018

“Only Fleet Managing Tool You Would Ever Need”

OverallVery Happy, will never look for any other solution.
Pros We have been working with Fleetio for past 2+ years and have been super happy with their work ethics and their continuous system improvements. As our company expands, it is great to have a system that makes improvements on the daily bases. Fleetio is very efficient, user-friendly, FAST, and modern system. We are primarily using it for trucking & intermodal, but it could be used for any type of fleet: taxi, limo, transit buses, service vehicles (plumbing, HVAC, etc) pretty much anything that has wheels.
ConsUser Iterface, Speed, 3rd party API Integration, constant improvments, too many to choose from
August 8, 2018
Louis M.
warehouse assistance
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
May 28, 2019

“I have been usuing fleetio & fleetio go.”

OverallWith fleetio we been able to keep track our vehicle maintenance with more efficient. track vehicle mileage and much more. fleetio save money to our company.
Proswhat I like the most is fleetio go the mobile app. I love because all my employees can do there vehicle inspections from their company phone. that way I can track all vehicle maintenance.
ConsIt is one thing I dont like from fleetio go. but I am pretty sure that they will update that in the future. I really wish that fleetio was like facebook and other apps where you recieve notifications on your phone app. for example on facebook if someone tag you or comment on your facebook it shows up on the app icon that you have 1 2 3 or more notifications on your facebook. it will be really nice if they create that on fleetio go for the vehicle inspections notifications instead sending emails .
May 28, 2019
Curt V.
Safety & Training Coordinator
July 20, 2018

“It works really well for us. We love the fuel integration and the customizable inspection forms!”

ProsBeing able to customize the DVIR for the different types of vehicles in our fleet (Crane trucks, tri-axles, box vans, pick-up trucks, Skytracks, Moffets and forklifts = currently 125+ ). We've also created custom inspection forms based on the type of delivery service we offer. They continue to evolve the analytic side (reporting) which is very important to us. They need to do this to keep our business and gain more customers. Fuel integration with WEX Fuel is awesome!
ConsThe dashboard can sometimes run slower than I'd like but it is processing a lot of data (we're running 33.7mbps down and 45.5 up). A lot of the features are designed for fleets with onsite maintenance. We outsource all repairs so we're not interested in Work Orders or Parts and Inventory.
July 20, 2018
Keith S.
Operations Manager
Construction, 11-50 employees
April 9, 2018

“Scalability and ease of use!”

OverallFleet Management power tools for the small company!
ProsI like that I can grow with this software or use just the basics for a small fleet or vehicle asset tracking. Reminders for services or scheduled maintenance is really easy to set up and the notifications sent to the driver or fleet manager are precise and descriptive. Repair history cost per mile, reports are all valuable to a small company without the support staff to record and monitor for this information. The mobile app is powerful and not removed down.
ConsNot much to complain about. The forecast service reminders can sometimes trigger premature service notifications.
April 9, 2018
Desalegn D.
May 30, 2017

“Fleetio is an excellent fleet management tool, to effectively monitor fuel spare parts and service f”

ProsWe are using fleetio for management of vehicle and generator for international humanitarian organization. The fuel management before we started using fleetio was difficult and misuse of fuel by drivers was very high. Fleetio helped us to effectively monitor the fuel management for vehicles and generators. The software enabled drivers to input their fuel data from their smart phone and the supervisor able to monitor the fuel consumption properly and take appropriate action in the case of abnormal consumption. The service reminder also helps to remind drivers and supervisors when the vehicle is due for service.
ConsThe service reminder is working based on the data imported for fuel and the accuracy in determining the service is not perfect. If the software is coupled with additional hardware that help for GPS vehicle tracker and all information is connected directly to the KM counter, that will make the system super.
May 30, 2017
Reza D.
Managing Director
March 14, 2019

“Better than sliced bread”

OverallI have a fleet of over 200 bikes. Since 2014 I have been using the software with no issues. I was part of the Fleetio Drive beta team and it was really great that my company was trusted to contribute to developing the addon. Unfortunately, due to my geolocation (Dubai), the feature was not really fitting in with the market conditions here. My favorite is fuel & history management.
ProsThe best feature is the driver history and fuel management, not mention service history parts and etc...
ConsThe mobile app is a bit sluggish. Nonetheless, it is always improving and drivers are really happy with the fact that they can scan their fuel bills and claim them instantly.
March 14, 2019
WILLIAM F.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees
August 7, 2019

“Pretty damn impressed”

OverallI started with the free trial a few years ago and only used it to record maintenance on one truck and one trailer. After expanding I decided to purchase the upgraded product and so far it seems to be very reliable, easy to use and an all in one program that has many more features than I will ever use. (Probably) I love the fact that it integrates with the GPS tracking system I use. Would love to see Fleetio develop their own GPS tracking and ELD capabilities someday.
ProsAll in one product that is easy to use...
ConsHaving a difficult time figuring out how to print maintenance history on each unit. I am sure it is just me not looking in the right spot. Will figure it out.

By RareStep on August 8, 2019
Hey William, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software! It is great to hear that you find Fleetio so user-friendly and that you decided to continue with our product following your trial period. If there is anything we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us at help@fleetio.com. Thank you!
August 7, 2019
Thompson C.
Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees
April 5, 2018

“This is an amazing product, just what we needed at a price point we could justify”

OverallA far better managed fleet, proactive rather then reactive.
ProsThis product has improved our inspection and safety reporting more than 100%. When the fleet is scattered across the largest and most remote state in the union it is much more important to get good quality reports to track maintenance and safety issues. With customizable inspection reports we can support a widely diverse fleet. Getting field drivers/ operators to do a report when resources are limited is next to impossible. Printer, copier and web access are not a given. When we set up a large spread in a remote location we provide the master mechanic with a smart phone that has the app pre-loaded, he/ she can produce the reports offline and up load when cell or web access is available. The addition of photos is invaluable and improves the quality of the reports. With the new visibility that this reporting has provided we can now track and determine the usable life of an asset as well as keep the equipment in good safe operational condition. This improves our productivity and will more than pay for itself.
ConsThis is a new product but to date we have not had any issues, set up was a breeze given our 700+ fleet size.
January 16, 2019

“Can't be easier!”

ProsThe main goals for employing this software with our fleet was to make our day to day functions easier and more productive. Fleetio with its user interface and its customization functions have helped us achieve those goals.
ConsI think that while they have functions that are certainly great there is still work to be done in the reporting and utilization areas. I have confidence that in the future they will work it out. I say this because they have taken a lot of complaints from me through the years and have acted on them.
January 16, 2019
Dan D.
director of operations
Utilities, 51-200 employees
February 14, 2018

“innovative and forward thinking company”

Overalli have everything pertaining to my fleet in one place. the software keeps us on track for maintenance too.I find nothing wrong or lacking from the software as it is today. I always find it interesting when i log in (or get notified via email) and find a new feature or additional value added function.
ProsI like that we can put gas in our vehicles and update our fleet via a mobile app. I enjoy the service reminder functions and I get a lot of use from the software knowing that i can look at past invoices and see how many miles we were able to drive on a particular tire replacement
February 14, 2018
Ian P.
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
July 25, 2019

“Cost Savings”

OverallThe reason for using Fleetio was to allow is to bring our fleet management in house and under control rather than paying a third party.
ProsThe software was so easy to set up with the on boarding templates, within 3 hours i had imported all of our vehicles and users. No training has been needed so far.
ConsTo date we have not found and items we do not like about the software

By RareStep on July 29, 2019
Hi Ian! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review on our software. We are glad to hear that it has been a great experience for you thus far and that you have had no trouble getting started! If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at help@fleetio.com. Thanks again!
July 25, 2019
Richard K.
Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees
March 19, 2019

“Great Program”

OverallGreat service, great team of people. We always receive quick responses. The program has gone through a lot of upgrades and additions in the 3-4 years we have used and they have made it truly a simple easy to use software.
ProsFleetio is a simple and user friendly. The consistent improvements to the program have turned it into a very robust software. FleetioGo app is also great for operators.
ConsNot much, it would be nice if we could sort a little more in the issue board. Ideally by labels.
March 19, 2019
Gary M.
EMS Director
Public Safety, 1-10 employees
June 19, 2017

“Overall, this product is outstanding. My staff have taken to it very naturally. Very intuitive.”

OverallBetter structure and accountability for our routine maintenance. In the past, vehicles had gone far too long between routine service, and in at least one case, the service was done twice in a very short period of time because our old paper-and-pen system failed us.
ProsEasy to use, good mobile interface and app. Setup was much simpler than many others I have looked at or tried. This will really help my organization to track and maintain our ambulances and ensure that our equipment is inspected and ready for service. No longer will we wonder if the "Next service due" sticker that the mechanic put in the windshield is based on his schedule or ours. I am notified whenever a truck is due for service based on the schedule that I established. In the past, we had missed oil changes or more-frequent-than-necessary oil changes. That won't happen with Fleetio.
ConsThe one thing I've had difficulty with is modifying a service schedule for a group of vehicles. This does not appear to be very straighforward, but I'm certain that when I contact Fleetio's customer service, they will be able to help me. They've been very helpful in explaining issues to me in the past.
June 19, 2017
Matt S.
October 28, 2015

“Raises the bar”

OverallTo anyone tired of clunky, old software for fleets that does not work the way other applications work, that is not intuitive at all, that is poorly documented and hard to learn, Fleetio is like a breath of fresh air. Why does our industry settle for software that looks like software from two decades ago? I found and played around with Fleetio while preparing a request for proposals for replacement fleet-management software in 2014. While the product was not developed enough at the time to win our RFP, this is what I wanted to purchase: a modern, online interface that was flexible enough for the Fleetio team to add features (at an impressive pace that continues today). One example: We asked for a simple VIN decoder to help save some keystrokes (year/make/model), and Fleetio instead supplied a fully capable VIN decoder that imports a whole wealth of information into the vehicle record. I continue to use a free Fleetio account for my personally owned vehicles. While that means I am not making use of the advanced features (AVL integration, repair orders, inventory management), I have been watching their progress closely. The Fleetio team takes user input very seriously and actually implements requested features in a workable, consistent manner. A year ago, they had a lot of gaps in features compared to traditional fleet software; those gaps continue to shrink, and Fleetio is now comprehensive enough for most midsize fleet operations (and more than enough for a lot of fleets). The next time I procure a fleet-management-information system, Fleetio will have raised the bar substantially above the traditional leaders in this market, and it would be hard to choose anything from that older generation.
October 28, 2015
Ross M.
Environmental, H&S and Training Admin
Government Administration, 11-50 employees
July 19, 2017

“Intuitive, easy to use. Equipment, operator, mechanic all working together.”

OverallEconomics
ProsThe service support. Ease of use. Adaptability. Intuitive. Covers the bases. Reports are of great value. Maintenance cost and fuel use are down. Better communications over-all.
ConsSome repetitive items, like fuel cost, needs to be entered each time a fuel entry is made. We buy in bulk and have our own dispensing pumps. Two locations for diesel, but different vendors with some variation in cost between locations.
Robbie F.
Head of Fleet
Automotive, 51-200 employees
July 28, 2017

“Great cloud based fleet management software!”

OverallThe ability to self manage our fleet via a cloud based, easy to use and integratable platform.
ProsEasy to use and navigate, up-time is exceptional and support is prompt and helpful. Overall a well rounded internal / self management platform. Great integration options for telematics and other management tools.
ConsReporting is a little limited and in-flexible, un-able to schedule selected reports, API documentation is a little behind the releases, upload of documents by API not possible, some times updates / releases are released before documentation is available relating to the changes.
July 28, 2017
Roberto C.
June 29, 2018

“The best software for manage a car fleet”

OverallYou can control your fleet and your drivers more easily
Pros- Complete management of the car fleet - App to be installed on your smartphone well connected to the information system on the web - Excellent system for inspecting vehicles through the app, by drivers or technicians, with the possibility of attaching photographs - Fully configurable with different access policies and authorizations, for owners, drivers, technicians, administrators - Excellent deadline system based on mileage and / or time - Integration with Fleetio Drive, a good system for monitoring drivers' driving style
ConsMissing a simple system to track the damage status of the vehicle. This way the the drivers on a roster could check if there is a new damage when starting the shift There are no other languages then English. My need is to have Italian but I think other European companies will have the same need. Drivers do not always know English and this means they will have a little more difficulty learning how to use the app
June 29, 2018
Jason S.
Travel Officer
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
January 24, 2018

“Finding Fleetio was the best thing we could have done for our fleet management!”

OverallEasy to use and converted us from spreadsheets of data into one easy to use system.
ProsIt's so easy to use and set up. Ticks every box for a very competitive price! We use it to make fleet decisions and the data is so easy to interpret.
ConsUsing for EV fleets isn't ideal but can be worked around by creating new fields. Could do with an average miles per Kw conversion.
January 24, 2018
Pete P.
December 8, 2016

“Keeps track of what you need.”

OverallMobile compatible, and easy to use. Works well with multi-user. It's like having a tinder account for your fleet!
ProsMultiplayer . Mobile. Keeps reminders. Webinars.
ConsWe haven't set up where the manager is tracking what was done daily. Could use some advance help.
Recommendations to other buyersAlerts if it haven't been logged into Software sent to the manager. Would be nice to report man hours spent on equipment daily. Very good product!
December 8, 2016
Steve R.
Director of Transportation
Education Management, 201-500 employees
February 27, 2019

“Fleetion is the Best”

OverallMy overall experience with the company and the software has been great!!!
ProsI love the ease of use and the availability that Fleetio offers. Both the Mobile App and the website have been a great tool for our fleet of buses.
ConsI am struggling to think of anything that I would perceive as a Con of this company and its software.
February 27, 2019
Dennus P.
Captain
July 21, 2017

“It has been very user friendly, support has been excellent, I feel like my feedback gets used”

ProsIt is very user friendly. I was able to set it up from scratch with relative ease. Inspections have made reporting and tracking issues much easier. As well as tracking scheduled maintenance
Consmy biggest issue with my use case is that I have drivers / managers who rely too heavily on the app and don't use the full functionality of the desktop. Other than that I've had issues with drivers inputting the wrong mileage, then the next driver is forced to input another wrong odometer reading. I've also had people leave off an hour meter reading on a service entry that has an hour based service reminder. This causes some weird issues with reminders
July 21, 2017
Clark G.
Chief Operating Officer
August 15, 2019

“Great Product”

ProsVery robust platform - covers all of our needs - at a fair price.
ConsNothing comes to mind.

By RareStep on August 16, 2019
Hi Clark! We very much appreciate your review and are so glad that Fleetio is working as a solution for the needs of you and your team. Please feel free to reach out to our support team if you have any questions or need assistance. Thank you!
August 15, 2019
Jenny H.
Executive assistant
Consumer Services, 201-500 employees
January 23, 2019

“Great for managing your Fleet”

OverallOverall, this is the best program by far in helping manage our fleet and keep track of maintenance and repairs.
ProsBest option for managing vehicle issues within our fleet along with tracking vehicles maintenance. Using Fleetio to enter in the issues and requests has helped with resolving them quicker and provides a record on vehicles in one place. Able to print off information entered easily and track spending making us more efficient!
ConsIt does take some time getting the info entered you need to get started if you have a lot of vehicles. Team members can also turn off the app. It does drain the battery.
January 23, 2019
Steven D.
Senior Driver
Newspapers, 51-200 employees
July 26, 2017

“Great software to keep track of all the information I need for my fleet in one easy to use location.”

OverallUp to date information on my fleet.
ProsEverything is easy to find and easy to use. The value of everything I can manage is more than worth the cost.
ConsI can't use my fleet fuel cards or the gps I have installed in my vehicles. I would love if Fleetio would be able to get access to link Voyager fuel cards and US Fleet Tracking devices.
Jerry M.
January 30, 2017

“Why Fleetio has made our equipment maintenance worry free!”

OverallFor years the City of Troy had a great maintenance staff but we were behind the times with documentation and timely services being performed. Since switching to Fleetio we have noticed an incredible difference with equipment being serviced on schedule. The reason is simple, I get an email from Fleetio when a piece of equipment is nearing or overdue for service. This software takes all of the worries out of fleet maintenance. I can also easily transition through the Fleetio website to find any information on any vehicle anytime without digging through piles of paperwork in a file cabinet. I can pull up a vehicle's record and see any invoice with repairs and cost with one click of the mouse. I am not a computer Guru by any means, but I find the Fleetio website very user-friendly. I only had to fumble through the site a few times before I found myself easily searching and finding the information I was looking for. I'm always skeptical when I see 5-star reviews about anything, and I am not someone who sugar coats reality. If I found this software to be useless, cumbersome, or not worth the money, my review would reflect that. This program takes the worry out of managing a fleet of vehicles. I cannot rate customer support because I have not had to call or use them for any reason. The program and site have always been accurate and working correctly. To summarize I would highly recommend this program to anyone who has a fleet of vehicles they are responsible for maintaining.
January 30, 2017
Bert B.
Partner
Construction, 201-500 employees
January 28, 2017

“Best of the Best”

OverallWe have been using Fleetio for almost 3 years now. I'm not sure what we would do without it at this point. Fleetio has allowed us to streamline our maintenance issues and decrease our cost across the board. Their customer service representatives are the best that I have ever dealt with.
Pros#1 in customer service and adapting their great software to your needs.
January 28, 2017
Jared L.
Asset Management Specialist
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1001-5000 employees
July 22, 2019

“Great Product”

ProsMy organization leverages the inspection feature most of all. We have a large number of vehicles in our fleet and the inspections can really help us keep an eye on all of them.
ConsSometimes the software or mobile application can be slow to load. Although this is probably to be expected when there are multiple concurrent users and a few hundred vehicles.

By RareStep on July 23, 2019
Hi Jared! Thanks so much for your feedback on our software. We are so glad to hear that you are able to leverage Fleetio for inspections on your fleet. Please feel free to reach out to our support team if ever you need assistance with anything! Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review!
July 22, 2019
Rod S.
Fleet Maintenance Manager
March 20, 2018

“Easy to use. Great reporting functions.”

ProsEase of use. Great customer support. We only use a utilise a small aspect of this software's capabilities but what we do use is great. The GPS functionality is something we would like to introduce at some stage. (Working on it)
rebecca n.
sales
March 20, 2018

“BEST TRUCK TRACKING SITE ONLINE AND MOBILE SYSTEM”

ProsThe accuracy of time and date. Everything stays on it, nothing expires; so when you go to look for something it will always be there.
ConsNothing is really bad about the site except the amount of steps to complete the set up but other than that nothing.
Colleen P.
Construction, 51-200 employees
January 26, 2017

“Excellent Product”

OverallFleetio has exponentially helped to streamline our company driver & vehicle tracking. The interface is very user friendly, & their team continually beta tests & adds new & improved features to meet everyone's needs. Definitely worth the seemingly minimal investment.
ProsVery user friendly & customizable.
ConsNeeds ad hoc reporting.
January 26, 2017
Vincent M.
Operations Manager
June 11, 2019

“Great product and easy to use”

OverallThe tracking of fuel value and vehicle efficiency is cumbersome to perform manually, this product allows the driver to enter the data directly allowing management to run reports in real time which is great for forecasting and bidding delivery contracts.
ProsThis product is easy to set up and use. It has a great mobile user interface, its desktop version is also easy to use and customize to each driver. It provides a great number of reports that can be accessed at a glance.
ConsAt this time there are non that come to mind.

By RareStep on June 27, 2019
Hi Vincent, Thank you for your thoughtful review of our software. We are so glad that you enjoy Fleetio and find it easy to use. Our ultimate goal is to help maximize efficiency for you and your fleet, so we are so glad to hear that Fleetio is able to assist with that.
Joy B.
Chief Engineer
1-10 employees
July 26, 2017

“I'm pretty sure that Fleetio is the best maintenance solution out there. Awesome product & support!”

OverallI use this software as a Geotab reseller to demonstrate how much additional functionality can be added to a MyGeotab soution with Fleetio's maintenance integration. This is a great asset from a sales perspective, and it is my preferred recommendation for a maintenance solution. The quality is fantastic, and the business model is easy to explain to a prospective customer.
ProsFleetio clearly has a forward-facing view towards software and technology. Their user-friendly interface is no exception to this. I really appreciate that the UI is intuitive, and the relevant information that I need is right at my fingertips for quick retrieval. This paired with the Geotab integration is everything that I need to keep an eye on my fleet from the general to the particular.
ConsI'm not particularly fond of all the little notification toasts that pop up when I log into my account. They're alright and easy enough to clear, but the fact that I can have three of them come up at once is a tad distracting.
Krista S.
Administrative Specialist
Retail, 51-200 employees
September 21, 2016

“Great fleet program and even better customer service. ”

OverallCustomer service has been absolutely wonderful! They have always responded very quickly, professionally, and if program was not able to do something I asked, they were very happy to submit my needs to programming for maybe future updates.
ProsI like the fuel integration feature the most. I also like the reminders. I really like the dash board and being able to see at a glance what is going on.
ConsIt is very mouse friendly and I would like to see more ways to use the keyboard to navigate through the system.
Recommendations to other buyersI would like to see more conformity on the way to do use this. For example, I would like to be able to hover or click on any area that shows there is comment and be able to see those comments. I would like the Driver name on the Fuel Card to automatically show in the reference vs me putting it in there. We need a way to search by driver what fuel fill ups they have complete if there are any questions. I would like to see more options on reporting for the inspections.
September 21, 2016
Aaron K.
January 9, 2018

“Easily organize and manage a fleet with this software. All info is in one place!”

ProsIntegration options for automatic updating of odometers and hour meters. Makes keeping track of maintenance a breeze
ConsThe work order formatting needs a lot of work. It should be easier to read and should have many more options for customers, like myself, who do in-house maintenance and repair.
January 9, 2018
Fredrick C.
Transit Operations Manager
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
July 11, 2018

“Great!”

OverallWhere to start? A ton of things such as fuel cost integration, inspections, ease of use, web based, inventory, reporting and etc...
ProsThe ease of use is by for the best part. Our previous fleet management software felt like too much. Plus when our previous software had updates with more features those features cost more money. Fleetio keeps the updates coming with no additional cost.
ConsFuel card integration is not dependable thus far. It has been the biggest headache with the software. I can easily transfer the data manually with the given template for the time being though. This by no means is a deal breaker for us though. We totally use the system for two reason; 1. Fleet maintenance 2. Inventory. Between the two we want to know what we are spending.
July 11, 2018
Accounting, 11-50 employees
April 3, 2019

“Helped us with what we needed”

ProsI loved that we now had information for all company vehicles in one place and we could customize reminders to our field employees.
ConsThere was nothing I can think of that I did not like.
April 3, 2019
Amer A.
General Manager
Utilities, 11-50 employees
December 24, 2018

“Efficient and effective.”

OverallFleetio is instrumental to us; moving away from a tangible documentation cycle process has been difficult, but the extensive API allows us to integrate our current system with fleetio as to ease the later planned transition. The wealth features provided by fleetio forces us to be better at our jobs. There is no longer an excuse to postpone an inspection or delay a work order. Everything is at our fingertips. The regular updates and new features in Fleetio only reflect their aim at truly being a Click-Solution for your fleet. Highly recommended.
Pros* Extensive API * Regular Updates * Extremely Fast Customer Support * Intuitive UX
Cons* Additional Language Support * Do to the wealth of features, it could be difficult at first to get things done correctly. However, once acquainted with the system, it's a breeze.
December 24, 2018
Riley G.
Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees
April 5, 2018

“Easy to use and information at the tips of my fingers.”

Overallup to the minute information
ProsThe inspection section, as a small fleet i found it hard getting all the paperwork handed in with employees being all over the country side. Fleetio puts inspections from employees in my hands as soon as they are completed. Issues are a great help as well, it not only keeps me up to date with what is going on with the equipment, my employees see what others have found wrong with the equipment.
Consnot being able too provide a printed inspection from the App. Us as a commercial carrier have to provide inspections if requested at inspection stations and as it site right now i have not found an fast way to print inspections of units.