When I Work Ratings

Overall

About When I Work

When I Work is now free forever and is the easiest way for businesses to schedule and communicate with their hourly employees. Put the schedule and time clock in everyone's pocket. Schedule on-the-go with free apps for iPhone and Android. Save yourself time and money with simple employee scheduling tools. When I Work is helping schedule over 500,000 people around the world. Thousands of businesses signup to use When I Work every week. Pricing starts at $1.50/user/month. Learn more about When I Work

Jonathan H.
Labor Coordinator
Events Services, 201-500 employees
August 6, 2019

“When I Work Keeps Us Working”

OverallWIW is extremely helpful to us at our company because we spend the majority of our day scheduling employees for various events that we run every week. Creating a schedule and assigning employees to it is super simple, as well as keeping a database and logging hours for our employees on site. It's all very user friendly and easy to use/look at. Their customer service team is always there to help and are super friendly. We have had many people who have been added to this platform, and have had no problem learning how to use it. It has been really great for us and helps us run smoothly. They have also been actively engaged with us to help us find solutions to the improvements we have requested.
ProsWhen I Work is a great product that our company loves to use. We love how easy it is to create a schedule and assign employees, and all of the features are very easy to work with and aesthetically pleasing. We also like the ability to keep a detailed database of employees in the system. Their customer service team has been very friendly and are always there to answer our questions in detail. It is also a great platform for time tracking and exporting time sheets every week to send to payroll. Overall, it's the best platform we could have found to help us do what we need to do every day.
ConsA couple features we wish they had: - The option to create a preferred list in our employee database (A-list, B-list, C-List, Do Not Call List, etc) - The option to be able to look at all events at once on the Time Tracker for the day (right now you can only look at one event at a time, which is hard when we have multiple events and sometimes forget which ones are happening in a day) - To have a log of attendance (who was late, who called out, who was a no show) that is linked to a person's profile so we know who the problem people are (maybe a color coding that's like "green" if they are good on attendance and then gets closer to "red" if they have had several call outs/tardies) - A way to add the zip code of an event to a schedule/job site that shows up on timesheet exports - A way to send a crew memo or mass notification ("this shift has been cancelled" or "this shift has had a time change, please confirm") to all or selected crew members via WIW.

By When I Work on August 8, 2019
Hi Jonathan - Thank you so much for such a wonderful and thorough review! We're so happy to hear that you're loving the features we currently offer! I love the suggestions you've shared as well. We are always interested in hearing about your experience with our product and how we could improve. Again, thank you for your kind word and fabulous review! Best, Adrianne
August 6, 2019
Allison M.
Automotive, 11-50 employees
October 25, 2018

“Scheduling Made Easy and Quick”

ProsThe site is very easy to understand especially for a software that is so robust. I can't tell you the value there, but it is so much appreciated. We have saved a lot of time and miscommunications while using When I work. The attendance notifications help me to keep track of where our team is hour-wise on an individual basis and as a whole. It's nice that I am alerted, one less thing I need to remember to check on. In conjunction with the Forcast reporting, I have a very clear view of the week ahead. The apps are handy, especially from the administration side. I am able to update time clocked hours on the fly, check everyone's schedule and separate out my own, I can even handle time off requests. I haven't ever attempted to schedule through the app, although knowing how intuitive everything is through their online site, I would venture to guess it would be a piece of cake. I know our team members enjoy having their schedules and hours readily available in their pocket as well.
ConsWe have had a couple issues with clock-ins through the apps. There have been times when it isn't recognizing the location or the punch doesn't make it all the way through. But that's it! I would love if this software could manage our PTO as well, but we haven't found a way to make it work with how our times are calculated.

By When I Work on January 23, 2019
Hello Allison, Jaime here from the Customer Care Team at When I Work. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm glad to hear that you find When I Work to be easy to understand and that it has helped your team save time, assist with communication, and help you keep track of when your employees are clocking in/out. I am sorry to hear that your team has been experiencing a few issues clocking in from time to time. Feel free to reach out to us support@wheniwork.com at any time and we can dig into this further as to why this is occurring. We'd also like to hear how PTO works for your company to see how we can assist. Thanks again for the review! Take care, Jaime
October 25, 2018
Miguel G.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
June 24, 2018

“Scheduling Resources Has Never Been Easier”

OverallWhen I Work is truly a great tool for scheduling. Use it for forecasting as well to determine where you can make the best use of your resources across one or more projects. This tool also helps you understand what your organization is capable of handling. It will definitely save you from scheduling headaches and the potential issues around delivering work when you are better able to have full visibility across all your teams and the projects they are working on. A great stand alone tool, as well as a great integrated tool.
ProsWhen I Work is a simple and truly effective time scheduler for resourcing projects in your organization. You can track across one or more projects, as needed, and identify time availability for the work that needs to get done. This is often one of the most challenging aspects of keeping projects on track and very few project management tools can help you like When I Work can. Unlike the "capacity" view of other applications, When I Work gets down to the most granular details. It allows you to identify when and where a team member will be used, including time-off, breaks, lunches, meetings, etc. You can use these categories to identify how best to allocate their time. The scheduler allows you to see teams based on shift or positions (roles). You can track un-paid breaks and time off, as well as customize schedules and create templates for reuse. You can even create specific shifts for one time or recurring use and maintain notes on each entry. It also provides high level visibility of total individual team member capacity as well as what is scheduled and what has already been used. View your teams across one or more projects or job sites and distribute resources across them all as needed. It offers program-like management of projects and does not restrict you to individual projects, which can become cumbersome when re-allocating time of one team member across two or more projects. When I Work is a great tool for planning, or simply use it in addition to your project management application. Its scheduling features make it a powerful tool that lets you forecast as well, by easily making changes in schedules as needed. You will spend less time manually calculating your resources and where to place them, saving you time and money. Changes to any schedules are easy to see and the responses are easy to manage. When I Work also offers features like task management, which allows you to manage projects of less complexity in the same application. And if you are looking for integration, yes, you can use their library of APIs for that. But, you need to click on the developer link at the footer for more details. Their integration features are not prominently displayed on their website.
ConsNo cons I could personally find for the application and its use. Integration via APIs are present, but this is more for organizations who have techs who can implement them. I have seen organizations with limited development capabilities due to their areas of expertise, where integrations might pose a small challenge... but this should not necessarily pose as a true con for you.
June 24, 2018
11-50 employees
March 7, 2018

“Great scheduling app with tons of features!”

OverallScheduling is EXTREMELY easy! Long gone are the days of paper postings and random email messages. It is VERY nice being able to reference your entire schedule from the moment it is posted, going all the way back to your initial employment. Even those with little to no computer experience can use it fairly easily.
ProsIt is EXTREMELY easy for the end-user to utilize this software. There are also some pretty good mobile applications that it offers which makes tracking your schedule very easy!
ConsThere are a lot of overly-helpful tips and suggestions that constantly spam the administrators' email accounts and scheduling interfaces. (Essentially the company does this to assist the administrators, but there is no way to stop it, which makes it very annoying after awhile). The mobile application can also be buggy at times, and the website schedule does not work properly on mobile phones that don't have a "desktop view", as the website does not have a mobile version designed for it. This forces you to use the mobile app on mobile devices unless your mobile phone can display it in a "desktop view". On a normal computer interface, this works just fine.

By When I Work on March 12, 2018
Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to review our app. We are glad to hear that When I Work is making scheduling easier for you and your team. If you are having trouble unsubscribing to our emails, please reach out to us at support@wheniwork.com and we would be happy to help get you unsubscribed on our end. At this time When I Work is only supported on our web app via computer or or on mobile apps on Android and iOS devices. Our team is prioritizing consistency and parity between our web and mobile apps. I would make sure that you have the most updated version of the mobile app for the latest enhancements we have made. Thanks, Adrian When I Work Team
March 7, 2018
Pam S.
Store Manager
February 1, 2018

“When I Work made scheduling and communicating to all employees a breeze! ”

ProsThe ease of the program. It was very user-friendly. Scheduling used to take 2 hours, but it was cut down to 30 minutes with WhenIWork. I love that I could customize the shifts. I especially loved that employees had to acknowledge their shifts. There was no more miscommunication that an employee didn't see their schedule. It's also been a great tool to get staff on the same page. The ability to message everyone at once was awesome. Plus the program tells you which employees have viewed the messages. It also has the option for employees to clock in via the app and you can link it with payroll. Employees are able to submit requests for time-off or vacations. Everything you need is in one place. The customer support team is available immediately through their live chat. They have always been very helpful and friendly. Absolutely a wonderful program!
ConsThe only thing I would modify is to have the ability to block off certain dates for requests. That way an employee wouldn't be able to request off Black Friday for example.

By When I Work on February 3, 2018
Hi there Pam! Thanks for the great review! We are so happy to hear that you find so much value in When I Work! In addition, we do have a way to block off days that you don't want your users to request off. You can create a Schedule Annotation in 'Week View' by clicking the 'Chat Bubble' icon next to the date. You will just need to fill in the details of the annotation and select the box for 'Don't Allow Time Off'. Here is a guide that walks you through that: http://bit.ly/2nzroHJ Feel free to reach out to us at support@wheniwork.com with any questions :) Sincerely, Kara -When I Work Team
February 1, 2018
Deborah K.
December 21, 2017

“The software has made the impossible, possible for scheduling employees”

OverallI think scheduling would not be managed as well without this software.
ProsI love that employees can indicate when they are available and when they are not available. I love that they can put in requests for time off which helps me not rely on myself for remembering. I love that there are additional features for rate of wage. I like the attendance and I can see if employees are showing up late or getting into overtime. There is a budget feature which I have not used but think would be very helpful in the future.
Cons I wish that I could have the option of excluding some employees when sending a general email through WIW. I also wish that open shifts were always a different color especially when looking at the schedule by position. This would bring my attention to the open shift and alert me that someone is needed. I wish I could publish an employees schedule out for more than 1 week.

By When I Work on December 22, 2017
Hi Deborah, Thanks for taking the time to review When I Work. We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know When I Work is helping to make your teams¿ and your work lives easier! When sending custom email messages to your employee's you can select which employees you would like to send the email messages to, by clicking on the "To" field and selecting their names from the list. There is not a way to automatically change the colors of the OpenShifts. Instead managers would have to manually edit the OpenShifts and change the colors on the Scheduler page. When it comes to publishing the schedule, you can use the advanced publishing feature to publish the schedule for any desired date range: https://help.wheniwork.com/articles/publishing-the-schedule-computer/#advanced-publishing If you have any questions about When I Work, please check out our help center at https://help.wheniwork.com/ or email our Customer Care team at support@wheniwork.com! Thanks, Adrian
December 21, 2017
Nicola M.
Facilities Services, 11-50 employees
September 9, 2016

“Does what it is supposed to”

OverallI loved this product until a setting (that I didn't touch) mysteriously changed itself, causing my subscription to increase significantly. I didn't notice it for 14 months. When I addressed this with When I Work, I was told that their policy is to not provide credits or refunds - in this case even when it seems it was them that had overcharged. I have gone from a very satisfied long-term customer, to one who feels like When I Work is not there for its clients at all. And I am suspicious that others would have their background settings changed as well (I didn't even know what or where it was).
ProsIt's visual and simple. It schedules down to 15 minute increments. It makes a very dynamic schedule like ours, easy to manage and understand.
ConsIt would be good if a shift automatically started from the time you first click on the schedule. It would be good if they understood how tricking and overcharging their customers leads to a complete lack of loyalty. Buyer beware! Just keep on checking your subscription amounts each month. As if you don't have other things to be occupied with.

By When I Work on September 9, 2016
Thank you for the feedback and we are happy to hear the product is meeting your scheduling needs. We pride ourselves on our customer service, and it's a primary reasons so many business owners choose When I Work over other options. We understand your frustration in this situation where you enabled a feature which was underutilized. When I Work does not change billing settings without the explicit written consent by the Account Holder. We also email out an invoice to Account Holders for every transaction made to ensure clear transparency. When I Work's flexible and transparent billing allows businesses to only purchase what they need. For some of our customizations, such as international text support, there is a recurring monthly add-on fee. All pricing customizations are clearly listed on the Account & Billing Page and prior to consenting to the recurring payment- we require the Account Holder's consent to our Terms of Service, Refund Policy, and Privacy Policy.
September 9, 2016
Helen J.
Accounts Payable
Construction, 11-50 employees
October 8, 2019

“User Friendly, Easy to Use and Understand.”

ProsDASHBOARD : Upon logging in, the dashboard shows the exact total amount of time and money put it by all employees. That way, I can see if there is something out of the ordinary as long as I know the average expense we put on the payroll. AS AN ADMIN/PAYROLL/SUPERVISOR: I can customize who can view and edit the time of the members in the team. Typically, I give part of admin rights to the team leaders or supervisors. This way, it saves my time in editing login errors and focus more on the whole organization. If I want to do a roll call, I can do it at my desk in one glance. It helps me organize the schedule of the whole organization for next week's work operation and post it when it is finalized. No more excuses such as "I didn't know". At the end of payroll period, reporting is a breeze! AS A USER WITH LIMITED ACCESS : As a user, I have limited view of the data. I can only view my own hours. Which it is what I'm supposed to only see. I can watch my hours and limit myself to working more than 40 hours per week. I can send my Personal Time off and wait for the admin's approval. As a contractor employed by the organization, I can post my time availability. I don't have to go back and forth talking and negotiating to the supervisor. I can do this remotely with an app.
ConsSo far, I have nothing least to say about this software.

By When I Work on October 11, 2019
Hi Helen, Thank you for utilizing When I Work and for this awesome review! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know When I Work is helping to save some time and make your teams' and your work lives a little easier. Best, Vicki
October 8, 2019
Joey W.
Entertainment, 11-50 employees
May 7, 2019

“Makes my life SO much easier!”

OverallScheduling is a BREEZE!! You just have to try it yourself. There are way too many features that simplify my work load to list. All I know is that my business runs smooth as heck because of WhenIWork.
Prosthe software is great, but the customer service is OFF THE CHARTS! I wasn't a very tech savvy guy when I first started using WhenIWork, so I was constantly chatting with customer service and they were always extremely helpful, found answers if they didnt know the answers, and sent a handwritten personalized thank you card when I first joined. This is an example of a company that does things RIGHT! I love the scheduler, but also the hire feature, auto-assign, and the work chat allows me to email my entire team (as much as the employees change) without having to update a contact list email.
ConsMy business is strangely specific, so my needs are very specific. WhenIWork covers all the bases for me except being able to load saved shift templates from the mobile app. I can publish them from the mobile app, but I can't load them unless I'm on a computer. Which I am most of the time, so it's not that big of deal. I don't use a few of the features besides the scheduler, but having the options to use HIRE, TIME CLOCK, and other features are very helpful to other business mangers as well.

By When I Work on May 9, 2019
Hi Joey, Thanks for such a fantastic review! Your reputation precedes you as a great customer to chat with, I have heard about the balloon pirate ship! We're so glad you're continuing to enjoy When I Work and that it has made running your business smooth! Best, Terra
May 7, 2019
Lindsay H.
Associate Director for Operations and Education
Education Management, 51-200 employees
November 14, 2017

“We started using When I Work to do scheduling and time clock for our 130 desk-less employees”

OverallIt saves us a lot of time. We have 130 college students that work for us and they are always swapping shifts or need a shift off for an exam or something like that. They can do all of that through When I Work and I don't have to be the middle man in any of that anymore. It also helps hold them accountable. It makes them acknowledge their shifts and tells them that they are still responsible for the shift until someone accepts it (and notifies if/when it is accepted). It is nice that they get that reminder every time they need to drop a shift and I don't have to find them and remind them all of the time.
ProsWe love the fact that our employees can access it on their phones. Our employees are college students, so being able to use it on a mobile device is crucial. Our old program didn't have that functionality. I also like that I can go in and move someone's shift to "open" for any other employee to accept. Since our employees are college students and anything required for a course is excused from work, so it is really nice to be able to go in and move a shift for an employee that has an exam or something like that. I also like that employees have to acknowledge their shifts.
ConsTwo things - I can't go in and schedule just one person. We are on a college campus that operate on quarters. I would like to be able to look at an individual schedule for a certain time period and edit it as necessary, but that functionality doesn't exist. My employees are frustrated with the notifications. It is great that someone can do a "drop shift request" that goes out to all of the other employees, but it is frustrating to get 10 emails about that. We (mainly our hourly employees) wish there was an option to get the notifications in a digest once a day instead an email for every single notification.

By When I Work on November 15, 2017
Hi Lindsay, Thank you for leaving a review! It is great to hear that When I Work has been able to improve your scheduling process and save you time. You have provided great feedback here. I can see how the ability to view/edit an individuals schedule could be a valuable feature. Our goal with the notifications is to keep everyone as informed as possible, but I understand it can be a lot if your schedule has many weekly changes. I will be sure to pass these ideas on to our product team! Thanks again! Matt
November 14, 2017
Lisa D.
General Manager
February 5, 2018

“Makes scheduling super easy!”

ProsThis product is super straight forward and very user-friendly. It is very easy to use the scheduler as well as keep up with employee hours on the Time Tracker. You can easily edit attendance if your employee forgets to clock out and sending messages to the whole group is super easy with the group message feature. The online based platform is great and the app is the perfect way to post the schedule without having to send out emails of spreadsheets etc. Notifications come straight to your phone regarding scheduling changes, shift swap requests, time off requests, and even when your employees forgot to clock in. Notification alerts are easy to change in settings. There's even a setting to get a reminder 2 hours prior to your shift so in case your schedule is constantly changing, its so easy to keep up with it!
ConsThe satellite/gps location isn't as good as it can be with regards to clocking in. Sometimes it will not let you clock in due to being "too far away" when you are standing right at your work. The app sometimes freezes up when clocking in/out or takes a while to process a clock in. So then when you press "clock in" again, it'll actually clock you out.

By When I Work on February 7, 2018
Hi there Lisa, Thank you for leaving us a review! We are so happy to hear that you and your team finds value in When I Work! If you continue to run into issues with clocking in and out, please feel free to email our Customer Care team at support@wheniwork.com. Our team will help get the issues you are experiencing resolved. Thanks again for the review! Hope you have a great day! Sincerely, Kara -When I Work Team
February 5, 2018
Maria Lenin L.
Sales/ Appointment Setter
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
April 29, 2019

“Manage staffing, scheduling, and attendance of your team for free”

ProsIt's a great application if you handle a large team and you need to keep track of your employees schedule, time clock , and shift staffing. It can handle up to 75 users. We used this application when i joined a part time job in sales. And it was easy to set up both in desktop and mobile. And when i logged in I can see all members of our department in the Team messaging feature. You can easily read and track all conversation within the team. Choosing your shift or schedule was easy. Just add the shift or schedule you chose for up to 2 weeks and the Manager can view your schedule for the day. Time clocking was easy, just press the IN button and break button if you are on break. Its an awesome application and whats good is that its free to sign up and use these features.
ConsWell since its free, the features and function are just limited to what the employees clicked on the app but no screenshots of their desktop or other feature that other time applications have that can testify that the logged hours are indeed productive. Unlike Some paid applications that would have integrations to payment system after approval of hours, When I Work does not have other app integrations that would be complete the staffing and accounting system of your business. But so far everything went fine for this application, and moving through features or tabs does not hang and does not have much errors.

By When I Work on May 9, 2019
Hi Maria, Thanks for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful and detailed review! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the free version of When I Work so much! If you are ever interested in any of the paid features, feel free to check them out at wheniwork.com/pricing Best, Terra
April 29, 2019
Liz E.
Youth Development Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
April 17, 2019

“Fantastic Tool!”

OverallI will never go back to the old way. When I Work has revolutionized my work day.
ProsI have numerous staff working different jobs at different locations. Previously I was using Excel to schedule them all. Keeping track of days off and their class schedules was next to impossible. Letting the staff request time off and set their availability streamlined the process drastically. Since switching to When I Work my time spent scheduling has been greatly reduced. The mobile app is very helpful for my employees. The ability to designate positions is also very valuable. A large portion of my staff work in a child care setting so there are rules about qualifications necessary for each shift. I can designate which staff have which qualifications so that only eligible staff can be scheduled for a specific shift.
ConsI don't believe I have any cons. Occasionally when they change or update something it will cause an issue. I contact their customer service and it is corrected immediately.

By When I Work on April 19, 2019
Hi Liz - Thank you for this amazing 5 star review! I'm so happy to hear that the features and options we offer meet many of your business needs and make your job easier! Availability is one of my favorite features we offer since it helps managers get more time back and empowers employees to manage their time! Thank you again for this great review! Kindly, Adrianne
April 17, 2019
Brad S.
Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees
February 21, 2019

“When I have to work, I use "When I Work" to make sure I get to work when I'm Supposed to!!”

OverallOverall, I really like this Software. It is very affordable for my small company! It has some features and functionality that it's competitor's just simply did not offer. So I actually use 2 different Time tracking softwares. But my employees use this one. If I was forced to make a choice on either "When I Work" or one of their competitors, I would probably have to choose "When I Work". They really do include everything my small business needs and more when it comes to scheduling and time tracking needs. The Geo fencing and Chat feature within the Software is just great. It really takes a lot of concern away from me. It allows the employees to be a bit more free and manage themselves and still be held accountable so I do not need to micro manage. It's hard to Explain, but just try the Software out and you won't be disappointed!!
ProsThe functionality and features offered are by far the best thing about this Software. Ease of use, and control of use. Fairly Intuitive, and addresses most all of my needs for my small business!! The Cost! This software is very affordable for a small company.
ConsI think that the Customer Support is not up to Par. The only way to get support is via Chat or to submit a Ticket. I have been ignored or neglected in the past, and just needed some help and no one was available and Did not respond either. This was when I first started using the Software and so it left a bit of a bad impression with me... I wish the Reports were not just limited to CSV files. I wish the reports were nice and clean and well presented like some of their competitors offer...

By When I Work on March 6, 2019
Hi Brad - Thank you for taking the time to provide a review and share you're feedback with us! I'm so happy to hear that When I Work has met a lot of your business needs for managing your team. I'm sorry to hear that your past experiences with our Care team haven't met your expectations. We currently offer support via live chat and email. These channels allow us to provide support effectively and efficiently for all of our customers at this time. If you are encountering any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to us so we can help out. We can be reached at support@wheniwork.com or via Live Chat as you referenced. Kindly, Adrianne
February 21, 2019
Stephanie H.
Assistant Director
Education Management, 11-50 employees
February 28, 2019

“Do you have around 30 employees? THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED!”

OverallWe love the ease of communication with this software. Work Chat is a HUGE benefit for us. Many of our employees check this feature better than checking their emails! We also love the "copy and paste" feature. We are able to copy the current week's schedule and then paste it to the next week. Then we make minor adjustments to the schedule, save and publish to all employees with a click of a button. Then scheduling is DONE!
ProsWe love this program for the ease of communication with all of our employees. Communication is always something we strive for and with ever-changing schedule needs, this program eliminated our extra steps to be sure everyone was communicated with. With the quick change of a schedule, those affected would receive a notification immediately and know what their new upcoming schedule would be.
ConsSo far anything that we have had concerns with, we were able to contact WIW employees and it was addressed and fixed or we were educated in how to make that process work best for our center!

By When I Work on March 6, 2019
Hello Stephanie - Thank you for this amazing review and 5 stars across the board! We are SO happy to hear that you've found When I Work to meet your business needs, your staff find it easy to use, and the features we have are exceeding your expectations! In addition, we appreciate the feedback that our Care team was able to help resolve any issues you encountered! Thank you again, Adrianne
February 28, 2019
Timothy S.
General Manager
Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees
January 25, 2018

“Great tool for managers and employees!”

ProsThe ease of navigating the app. Being able to put the scheduling software directly on the phone of the employees is outstanding. We also really enjoy utilizing the messenger tool. Its a great way to speak to everyone in an efficient manner.
ConsWe dont like the add drop portion of shift scheduling and changes. As a management staff we would like to use this but it has been difficult to create a process do to implement this do to it not requiring a manager approval.

By When I Work on January 31, 2018
Hi there Timothy, Thanks for taking the time out of your day to review our app! I am happy to hear that When I Work has made communicating with your team a little easier. I will certainly pass along your feedback about the Swap and Drop feature to our team so we can look into improvements that would make the feature more user-friendly. In the meantime, we do have a way to turn on 'Manager Approval' for Swap and Drop requests. This means that when the Swap and Drop request is made, the request will first be sent to a Manager to approve before the request is sent to other users to pick up. The Account Holder or a Manager can turn on the Manager Approval setting for Swaps and Drops from their 'App Settings' section via the web. They will then need to navigate to the 'Scheduling' section of the App Settings to enable Manager Approval. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Customer Care Team at support@wheniwork.com. Sincerely, Kara -When I Work Team
January 25, 2018
Sam B.
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
May 8, 2019

“Scheduling Entertainment ”

OverallSchedule 30 to 40 shows a month across 12 performers is a lot to keep track of. WIW allows me to quickly assign performers to shows. The Notification to the Performers is great and the Reminder 2 hours or so before the Show is excellent... At one point we were doing shows every weekend and were using the OPEN opportunity. I would publish the date and time the opens would be published. Performers would be able to pick the show they wanted based on thier schedule. Being able too publish OPEN shifts in 1 push was very easy to do. I would fill an entire month of shows in about 15 minutes ... VERY efficient.
ProsThe monthly view give me the opportunity to see all scheduled shows and the assigned performer for each. So when customer calls with a specific data and time, I can easily confirm the opening and assign a performer to the show.
ConsThe ability to schedule repeating monthly/weekly events. While "every week" is ok, it does not allow for more complex calendaring such: as every 3rd Wednesday in every month, or every other Monday through out the year. This was a feature in the ORIGINAL WIW from 18+ months ago. There was a small ICON (an elliptical arrow icon) in the "TIME" dialogue box. When clicked it would allow for such complex scheduling ... PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!

By When I Work on May 9, 2019
Hi Sam, Thanks for such a fantastic review! It's great to hear that your scheduling has been made more efficient through the use of OpenShifts. Thanks also for your feedback in regards to repeating shifts, we're always looking for ways to make When I Work more useful for our users. Best, Terra
May 8, 2019
Rachel B.
Marketing & Brand Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
January 29, 2018

“Love When I Work. Easy to use, and the customer service is outstanding! ”

OverallBeing able to go paperless was the biggest benefit. Also, the ease of the software makes it easy for Supervisors to make schedules and track hours.
ProsLove the ease of the software, super user-friendly. Also, like that it is easy for all generations to use. Love that all requests can be made online, helping to eliminate paper.
ConsWould like to see more options for tracking employee hours as far as the reporting goes. Also, other features like tracking employees who work different positions, and being able to report on those hours. Also would like for it to track employee hours who no longer work with us anymore. Don't like that once the employee is removed from When I Work, all of their history is removed as well.

By When I Work on January 31, 2018
Hi Rachel, Thanks for leaving us a great review! We appreciate hearing from you! I can definitely see how more advanced reporting and export features could be of use to you and other users. I will be sure to pass this along as a suggestion to our development team. In addition, you can view the schedules and timesheets for past users by pulling up a 'Schedule Export' or a 'Custom Timesheet Export' and setting the filter to 'All Employees' so your deleted users populate on the report. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team at support@wheniwork.com and they will be happy to help with whatever you may need :) Thanks again! Sincerely, Kara -When I Work Team
January 29, 2018
Trish C.
Senior Receptionist and Lead Trainer
Veterinary, 1-10 employees
July 25, 2019

“Great software for teams of all sizes”

OverallI've been using this software for 5 years, first as an employee then as an employer. Ease of use for both parties is fantastic and it's well worth paying for to save the time. When I change places of business, if I have a choice, I will choose When I Work again and again.
Pros- Shift templates, makes scheduling a lot easier - The ability to copy and paste any shift, even faster than clicking and choosing - Simple to add and remove employees - App is fairly easy to use - Time clock is awesome, easy to use
Cons- Looking at the full staff schedule on a particular day can be tedious. - For those making schedules, it's so much easier to do on a computer - In order to have a printed schedule, it downloads the PDF which you then have to print. I wish this printed right off the website.

By When I Work on July 29, 2019
Hi Trish, Thank you for taking the time to review When I Work, and your feedback is appreciated! We are always looking for ways to make improvements and appreciate users like you that provide feedback so we can enhance and improve When I Work! Best, Amanda
July 25, 2019
Kelsey H.
Campus Experience Coordinator
Events Services, 5001-10,000 employees
November 2, 2018

“Makes scheduling a breeze!”

OverallI love it! Have I said that enough? Give this software a try if you're in charge of scheduling any number of employees. They can have it as an app on their phones, too, so it's super easy for everyone to use.
ProsI love this software! I manage 50 student employees, and until I discovered When I Work, scheduling them was the biggest headache! This makes it so easy. I have each of them input their weekly availability, and then when I go through each week to create our schedule, I can quickly see if someone is available for a certain shift. They can request time off, request to drop shifts and offer it to another student, and confirm shifts. I can't say enough good things about When I Work. It's easy to figure out and has made a world of difference in keeping our ambassadors accountable for their shifts.
ConsI don't have any complaints about this software. We've been able to manage just using the free version that allows me to schedule shifts 10 days out, and it's been great. In the future I would love for our office leadership to approve using the purchased monthly subscription, but I'm so grateful When I Work has the free version because we've been able to give it a try and have found that it's an amazing scheduling tool.

By When I Work on February 6, 2019
Hi Kelsey, Marie here with the Customer Care team. Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We love hearing that When I Work has made scheduling so much easier for you! I am glad you are using the availability feature and swap/drop feature to help schedule as well. If any questions come up please reach out to us at support@wheniwork.com. Cheers, Marie
Jeremy M.
Crewing and Technical Manager
Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees
April 18, 2018

“When I Work does a great job @ scheduling basic & repetitive schedules & an ok job when it's complex”

OverallScheduling of our complexity is more or less possible with this software. It would be a huge headache otherwise.
ProsIt simplifies communication with staff and freelancers, pushing updates to them en masse. It is an attractive UI and the app functions pretty well. Support is responsive and communicative.
ConsThe permission levels need a lot of work. They are limited and global so you really don't have much control over who sees what. You can't copy a shift from one week to the next, this seems kind of basic, especially if an event spans multiple weeks it's inconvenient to have to build the shift twice. It would also be nice to have the ability for someone to view a schedule at a location other than the one they are scheduled at...for example, someone in one office wants to see if someone in another office is scheduled to be available or not without showing up in that locations schedule. Currently this is not possible.

By When I Work on April 19, 2018
Hi Jeremy, Thanks for taking the time to review When I Work! We are happy to hear that When I Work helps simply scheduling and communication for you and your team. I will let my team know that you are interested in seeing more control over the When I Work permission levels, schedule views, and the copy shifts feature. Thanks so much for your feedback on this! Adrian When I Work Team
April 18, 2018
Sarah B.
Guest Relations Manager
April 19, 2018

“When I Work was a game changer for our scheduling needs”

ProsThis is a very user friendly software. We are able to quickly create, edit, and distribute schedules to our large staff. We love that the staff can quickly submit time off requests, send us messages about their schedules, and even drop/swap shifts if necessary, within moments of the schedule being published.
ConsWhen I Work is a very proactive company, and they make software updates often. The only bad thing about this is that it can some time for us to adjust to changes that are made, and occasionally there are small glitches. But overall, I would say I am more satisfied that they are proactive in expanding what the software can do, than I am disappointed in these occasional issues.

By When I Work on April 25, 2018
Hello Sarah, Thanks for the review! That is awesome to hear When I Work was a game changer for your team and that you are enjoying the ease of creating shifts and the time off and communication features too. I appreciate your honesty about the software updates. We want to make sure we are meeting your needs so if you have any suggestions about how we can make the update process better for you and your team or if are any issues you would like us to look into, please contact us at support@wheniwork.com. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to help! Sincerely, Cara - When I Work Team
April 19, 2018
Ken T.
Retail, 51-200 employees
August 2, 2018

“When I Works works for me!”

OverallI do not have many employees on my schedule - only 10, but Incan whip up a schedule from scratch in 5-10 minutes.
ProsIt makes scheduling a simple task AND adds features like schedule templates open shift offering that are icing on the cake! Customer support is responsive and very helpful.
ConsI would really like a link to view an employee's full availability directly from the weekly schedule. I have made a request, which was acknowledged in a very positive way. It hasn't happened yet, though.

By When I Work on August 6, 2018
Hi Ken! Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to review When I Work. That is amazing you are able to whip up a schedule in 5-10 minutes using When I Work. I agree that the OpenShift and Shift Template features make things easier too. I can definitely understand wanting to see availability while scheduling and I wanted to make sure you know that availability for employees does show on the weekly schedule page in the triangles you see in the corners of the app. If nothing is there, it is assumed the employee is available. Here's a link to our guide that explains more about seeing availability when scheduling: https://help.wheniwork.com/articles/interpreting-availability-on-the-schedule-computer/ Thanks again for your kind words. If you have any questions don't hesitate to email us at support@wheniwork.com Sincerely, Cara - When I Work Team
August 2, 2018
Corey A.
Barista
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
October 8, 2018

“Simple and Dynamic Scheduling”

OverallOverall a great and functional software, yet could certainly be cheaper to be more competitive.
ProsEasily the most attractive thing about this software is the approachability and ease at which one can create a dynamic employee schedule as well as an open line of communication between employees. Everything about When I Work is very intuitive and malleable, and thus is a good solution for those operating a business.
ConsThe least attractive thing about this software is the cost of it compared to other similar products, and the lack of flexibility inherent in the availability of employee function.

By When I Work on October 16, 2018
Hey Corey! Julia here, with When I Work Customer Care. I wanted to thank you for your thoughtful review! We greatly appreciate both your valuable feedback and the time it takes to let us know your thoughts. In your comments, you mention the cost of the application. We do strive to provide the very best value through continued product enhancements and outstanding service. While we do offer premium features at a cost based on the size of your account, we do offer a free version of When I Work with limited features that allows you to schedule up to 75 employees. More information on our free plan can be found here: https://help.wheniwork.com/articles/how-does-the-free-plan-work/ Please let us know if you have any questions by sending us a note to support@wheniwork.com. Thank you again for the review. Take care, Julia -When I Work Team
October 8, 2018
Helen W.
Aquatic Co-ordinator
May 4, 2018

“I love this product, have looked at others that are similar but I still think this is best in class.”

Overallit is not THE answer to scheduling numerous part time staff around their shifts, but it is definitely than paper or excel spreadsheets. staff can access everything remotely and easily. Drop shift and pick up shift function is great. I have just started tracking hours and I really like that feature.
Prosease, functionality, rollover capability , copy and paste function, excellent customer support. Staff really like the app function of the software. I prefer to do things on desktop, I enjoy that. I can easily add/remove/assign staff as is necessary. I can block days easily. requests arrive immediately.
Consit is more expensive than other similar products. I cannot limit each employee's availability (I called and tried, found a solution, not best, but still a solution)

By When I Work on May 8, 2018
Hi Helen! Thank you for taking the time to provide your helpful feedback. I'm happy to hear that the ease and functionality of the app has made scheduling your team more efficient. We appreciate your feedback on limiting employee's availability and will pass it on to the appropriate team. If there's anything that we can help with, please don't hesitate to send us a note at support@wheniwork.com. Thank you again for your feedback! All the best, Megan When I Work Team
May 4, 2018
Bob B.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees
October 13, 2017

“Could not preform my job with out When I Work”

OverallI work on small and large project. When I work helps to project how long man power will be tied up on large project, which helps forecasting, cost of labor, project schedule, when we can schedule the next project. On small projects is makes a clear line of communication between the project manager and the field personal, so that everyone is on the same page when it comes to scheduling.
ProsCreate's a standard line of communication between management and field personnel. Also helps the field personal to be prepared for their next task.
ConsI work on the road a lot. The program is much easier to schedule personal from the desktop than it is from using the app on a device. Although it does not affect me all the time, it would be nice to see an interface on the device that was more similar to the one on the desk top. At least just for scheduling.

By When I Work on October 16, 2017
Hey Bob! Thanks for writing us a review! I am so glad to hear that When I Work makes communicating with your team easier and helps you be prepared for things that come up throughout the day! Thank you for the feedback as well in regards to the interface on our app. I would agree - working on a desktop is much easier when building the schedule. Hopefully we can make improvements to our app to aid in making the schedule build easier. Have a wonderful day. :)
October 13, 2017
Broadcast Media, 1001-5000 employees
September 10, 2018

“I Love This App”

OverallThis app has been great to us. It saved me hours of work i was previously doing in Excel. Also it expedites coverage by alerting the staff of open shifts.
ProsThis app takes all the hassle of building schedules and covering shifts completely our of the operation. It's versatile working across iphones and droids, has a web interface, and can even send direct text messages to your employees. I'm a big fan of the approval process for managers regarding time off and shift swap. I also like the employee export features that show time off used and (a different kind of export) a quick contact sheet when needed.
ConsThe option to print a schedule always prints in alphabetical employee order. I'd like an option to print in employee POSITION order.

By When I Work on September 13, 2018
Hi there- Thanks for leaving us a review! We are so glad to hear that you find value in the app! As for printing the schedule by position, I can certainly pass this along as a suggestion for our development team to look into implementing this in the future! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us here on the Customer Care team at support@wheniwork.com. We are always happy to help! All the best, Kara
September 10, 2018
Brice A.
Practice Administrator
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
May 9, 2018

“Managing time tracking and schedules for roughly 50 people”

OverallEasy Staff Scheduling
ProsIt is really easy to use and employees really like being able to see their schedule and coworker's schedules/time off and that they can be notified when something changes. Setup was really easy too, and so is the maintenance of positions and shifts - so much better than paper calendars and pencil.
ConsThe time tracking doesn't meet par - there are gaps in what you should be able to track - like someone on a 4-10 schedule needs to have different OT parameters than others ( not possible to do).. things like that.

By When I Work on May 14, 2018
Hey there, Brice! My name is Julia. I'm with the When I Work Customer Care Team. We wanted to personally thank you for leaving such an awesome review! It makes our day to see that the app has helped with a more efficient workflow. I do understand how having the option to set individual overtime thresholds for employees would benefit you and your team. I've forwarded your inquiry on to our product team. They love receiving customer feedback and will surely appreciate this. Thanks again for taking the time out of your busy day to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate you and are grateful to have you as a member of our When I Work Community. Sincerely, Julia -When I Work Team
May 9, 2018
Tiffany P.
Training and Operations Coordinator
51-200 employees
November 30, 2017

“Where functionality meets community”

OverallIncreased communication with employees, beneficial blog posts to pass along to our management team, and a system where we have experienced no down time
ProsWhen I Work seems to be the culmination of every scheduling manager's "But I wish I could......" statements. It is intuitive, flexible, and easy both during set up and for the end users. It also helps that the customer support and company culture are inviting and informative.
ConsWhat I like the least is the fact that my company is currently stuck using a different Time Clock system so we don't use that specific functionality that When I Work offers.

By When I Work on December 1, 2017
Hi Tiffany! Thank you so much for your kind words. At When I Work we do strive to make the software intuitive and the set up as easy as possible! I will pass your compliments to the team! We aim to be as informative and friendly as possible. I also love our blog posts :) I am sorry to hear you feel stuck with your current Time Clock System. If you ever do want to look into other options please give our Attendance & Time Clock software a try. We offer a 30 day FREE trial. Feel free to reach out to us at support@wheniwork.com if you have more questions about those features. Thanks again for your time. Have a wonderful day! - Cara When I Work Team
Sue M.
Director of Staff Enhancement
Retail, 51-200 employees
May 20, 2019

“Best option for our unique scheduling”

OverallWe were using an Excel spreadsheet for scheduling for years; it was becoming unwieldy. We also had employees frequently misreading their schedules and arriving at the wrong time or to the wrong place. WiW is much easier to manage than the Excel schedule, and by using text alerts our employees make far fewer errors in viewing their schedules.
ProsFlexible to adapt to our scheduling needs, easy to learn, easy to train staff, responsive to questions or when needing assistance
ConsSometimes new features aren't explained before they're rolled out

By When I Work on May 23, 2019
Hi Sue - Adrianne here! Thanks for taking the time to write us such a great review! I'm really happy to hear that the app is easy to train and learn on! If you ever have questions about our new features, please don't hesitate to reach out to us! We're happy to assist! You can submit a ticket here: https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ Again, thanks for the review! Take care, Adrianne
Stephanie M.
Math Tutor
Individual & Family Services, 501-1000 employees
January 14, 2019

“When I work Impresses”

ProsI like the way this software sends you an email before your shift everyday to remind you about your schedule. This is a good feature for people that don't have a regular work schedule. You can also change the time you get the alert. Originally, I would get a reminder two hours before every shift, I was able to change the reminder to four hours before every shift which worked much better for me.
ConsMy least favorite activity with this software was entering my availability for the coming month. I had no trouble entering in days that I was unavailable or times that I preferred to work. The trouble I had was when I had to enter in time limits on my availability. If I could work on a Tuesday from 3-7 and we were open into 9, I would have to enter 3-7 as my preferred time to work and 7-9 had to be entered as unavailable time. Whenever I had differences in availability on the same day the software was difficult to manage. Eventually, it got easier but I was not popular with the IT people for the first two months.

By When I Work on March 5, 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and provide a review. We are always striving to make changes that will help managing hourly employees become easier and your details on what you like or don't like are helpful for us to understand what changes we can make moving forward. If you have any questions or additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at support@wheniwork.com so we can assist.
January 14, 2019
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
April 6, 2019

“Super Easy Scheduling Software!!”

OverallOverall, When I Work is a great tool that allows multiple people all with different availabilities to be easily scheduled. Love that there is an app for both iPhone and Android users so none of our staff have any issues with trying to use it. Super easy to navigate and haven't had any issues in the years we've been using When I Work.
ProsThis is one of the most user friendly and simple to navigate scheduling software. A lot of our maintenance technicians aren't the most tech-savvy people and they all were able to quickly figure out how to use When I Work, both the app and the web version. I also like that I am able to set reminder notifications before my shift. That feature is really helpful for my coworkers, since not everyone works the same schedule every week.
ConsAs a user, I honestly don't have any complaints. One of our managers is the one who makes the schedules, but I haven't heard him say anything negative about the product.

By When I Work on April 9, 2019
Hi there! Thanks for such a glowing and thorough review! It's great to know that you are having such a good experience with When I Work for years now! Best, Terra
April 6, 2019
Michaeal M.
Practice Manager
February 12, 2019

“This has saved me SO MUCH time in scheduling”

OverallOverall I am so thankful for this software. It has saved me so much time and effort in scheduling. We have a staff of almost 50 and used to hand write out schedules. Since discovering When I Work a few years back, I have been able to cut my time spent working on schedule down to a 1/4 of the time it used to take and i can write out a month of schedules at one time!
ProsEasy to use. No need for paper schedules and paper requests. Easy to communicate with my team all at once. Easy to keep track of time off requests to make sure they do not get lost or forgotten. No one can claim they lost their schedule! Easy to enroll new employees and make schedule adjustments! I love that i can also print out hard copies to post in the office for everyone to see. The copy previous week feature is by far my favorite part. Not having to recreate a schedule each week is so nice!
ConsI wish it was more mobile friendly for when i need to make changes on the go.

By When I Work on March 6, 2019
Hi Michael - Thank you so much for providing such a great review! We're so happy to hear that using When I Work has saved you time and you've found it easy to use! Kindly, Adrianne
February 12, 2019
Amy M.
Library Director
Libraries, 11-50 employees
January 2, 2019

“Wonderful for small business needs”

OverallWhen I work has saved me an enormous amount of time especially in the category of scheduling. Being able to create templates for each of my employees, quickly change their schedule with just a click, it's truly a godsend for someone like me who doesn't have the availability of a dedicated HR/Scheduling person. I do it all myself and When I Work makes doing it easier!
ProsWhen I Work is exactly what we needed for the needs of our small library. Being a stand alone, meaning no branches, many other softwares were just too complicated and costly for what we needed. This platform had the perfect fit for our group of 13 and the first level even allows for growth.
ConsI can sincerely say that I have had only good experiences with When I Work. Simple to use, fast response with questions. Easy to set up billing and to find documentation when needed.

By When I Work on March 5, 2019
Hello Amy, Jaime here from the Customer Care Team at When I Work. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! I am happy to hear that you are enjoying When I Work and that it has helped you save time Scheduling! We are proud to offer different pricing options to meet the needs of our smaller customers as well as our larger customers. Thanks again for taking the time to leave us a review and for being a customer. We are happy to have you on board! Have a great day, Jaime
January 2, 2019
Thomas C.
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
February 26, 2019

“I work smarter with When I Work”

OverallScheduling, time management, attrition.
ProsI'm a small business owner. I started a company that puts food service in office buildings. I have some family and friends that volunteer their time to help me get up and running and 4-5 part time employees that work occasional hours. I originally emailed out a schedule but I was bombarded with emails back asking when people worked. Unfortunately, I'm not able to respond to emails during the workday very frequently and as the result I'd be stuck. Enter my most reliable helper...When I Work. I tried a bunch of scheduling and collaboration programs and When I Work outshined them all. The biggest benefit is time. I save about 5-7 hours per week NOT dealing with scheduling issues. The less time I spend on HR stuff, the more time I have to perfect my product and provide customer service the right way. Employees get automatic updates on when they work so no more forgetting. I don't have to send reminders or additional emails that aren't going to be looked at. Employees can check their app anytime to review their schedule and make changes. They can even swap shifts on the spot if something comes up. I can review changes in real time, adjust the schedule and reminders and changes are sent out immediately. I highly recommend you give When I Work a shot. You'll be glad you did.
ConsNothing. When I Work is my most vital asset in my small business.

By When I Work on March 6, 2019
Hello Thomas - Thank you SO much for such an outstanding review and 5 stars! I'm so happy to hear that you're saving time by using When I Work and that our features have been so helpful for you and your team! Take care, Adrianne
February 26, 2019
Terry B.
Tech services, Online PR
Libraries, 11-50 employees
September 23, 2018

“Easy to use with multiple functions”

OverallVery easy to use with lots of handy features.
ProsI can view my schedule as well as the full staff schedule. It's easy to request time off, even months in advance. When signing in and out you can add a note and I can access it anywhere! Also easy to go back and tally your hours.
ConsI just wish you could program it to accrue your time off and sick time automatically.

By When I Work on October 15, 2018
Hey there, Terry! My name is Julia, with When I Work Customer Care. We wanted to thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review! We greatly appreciate it and your feedback is extremely valuable. In your comments, you mention wanting to be able to view your accrued Time Off and Sick time. I wanted to circle back with you on this to let you know that you can view your taken time off information from a computer! To get here, log in to your profile and click on the Requests icon in the upper right corner (to the left of the gear wheel). Then click on one of your previous requests to view your year-to-date paid requests that have been approved! I hope that helps! Feel free to reach out to us at support@wheniwork.com if you have any questions. Thanks, Julia -When I Work Team
September 23, 2018
Retail, 11-50 employees
September 19, 2018

“Makes Scheduling Simple”

OverallOverall When I Work has been a great tool for me and I would definitely recommend it to anyone in charge of creating a schedule each week. It will make your job so much easier!
ProsWhen I Work makes schedule making so simple. I love the fact that I can just copy over the previous week to the following week rather than starting from scratch each week. It has made scheduling a painless task now. The ability to drag and drop each shift to the appropriate employee is also another great thing about this app.
ConsI wish there was a way that you can pay to add 1 or 2 employees rather than having to move between tiers. Especially when you need just one more employee but the price increase is very steep.

By When I Work on September 26, 2018
Hello! Marie here with the Customer Care team. Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We love that you are using the scheduling shortcuts of copying a previous week and the drag and drop function. This saves so much time! I have passed your feedback on to my team regarding the pricing tiers. If you have any more questions or feedback, please reach out to us at support@wheniwork.com. Cheers, Marie
September 19, 2018
CIARA C.
OWNER
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
September 5, 2019

“AMAZING TIME SYSTEM FOR SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS”

OverallI AM THOROUGHLY PLEASED WITH THIS SOFTWARE! I WAS LOOKING FOR A SOLUTION TO HAVING TO HIRE A SHIFT/GENERAL MANAGER AS I AM A VERY SMALL BUSINESS AND THIS SOFTWARE MADE THAT VERY EASY! I AM ABLE TO CHAT WITH MY EMPLOYEES WHEN LATE, HAVE THEM SWITCH THEIR OWN SHIFTS AMONGST EACH OTHER WITHOUT FORMAL APPROVAL, AND ALSO APPROVE/DENY TIME OFF ALL IN THE SAME AREA/PLATFORM! I KNOW THERE ARE MANY OTHER PLATFORMS LIKE THIS ONE (I'VE TRIED SEVERAL) BUT THIS ONE TAKES THE CAKE!
ProsTIME CLOCK VERY EASY TO USE SENDS TEXT ALERTS TO EMPLOYEES TIMEOFF/ATTENDANCE/MEETING ADD-ONS ARE LIFESAVERS!
ConsI WISH THERE WAS A WAY TO BE ABLE TO DO YOUR BOOKS/ACCOUNTING FROM THIS PRODUCT. NONE OTHER THAN THAT!

By When I Work on September 14, 2019
Hi Ciara - Thank you so much for sharing all these kind words with us! I'm so happy to hear that you found our software easy to use and helpful for your business! It's great to hear that features we offer are making it easier for you and your team! We do integrate with some payroll providers. Feel free to submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ so we can review those options with you! Again, thank you for sharing this review with us! Kindly, Adrianne
September 5, 2019
April B.
February 15, 2019

“A service that has grown with our team”

OverallThis has made managing our small business employees very easy! Our staff loves clocking in and out on their phones and the work chat features help us stay communicating.
ProsThis software keeps changing and updating. They offer so many useful features from time cards, schedule management, and even hiring help. The support is SUPER FAST when you need to ask a question just open up a quick chat and someone is right there to help. We LOVE this software!
ConsSometimes when new updates happen we find that we really liked the previous version because it was a better fit for our needs - I wish there was a way to opt in or opt out of certain feature changes.

By When I Work on March 6, 2019
Hi April - Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and provide us with 5 stars! We're so happy to hear that you've enjoyed our features and our support has been helpful! Our goal with the changes is to help make your job easier. If you have some specific questions about some of the changes we've made or new features we've launched, please reach out to us at support@wheniwork.com so we can work with you. Kindly, Adrianne
February 15, 2019
51-200 employees
November 30, 2017

“When I Work is flexible and easy to use!”

OverallFlexibility in scheduling and the ability to access different schedules for multiple locations all in one screen.
ProsBoth teenage employees and retirees are able to use the program with limited difficulties. It also allows flexibility in programs and cost which is ideal for a season company like ours. We have over 100 employees in-season, and less than 10 in the off-season and we make adjustments all year long.
ConsThe availability feature is not as user friendly as it could be, and has some limitations regarding users and changing availability after schedules have been posted.

By When I Work on December 1, 2017
Hello, Thanks for taking the time to send us a review! Your feedback is appreciated and we are glad to hear that When I Work is working well for your seasonal business! :) When I Work released a new day by day availability feature to make it easier to enter a specific date¿s availability. If you have more questions about setting your availability up under the new design, please check out our Help Center center at help.wheniwork.com/ or email us at support@wheniwork.com. We are happy to help! Thanks, Adrian When I Work Team
Melina A.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
October 3, 2018

“Great.”

ProsIt makes scheduling so much easier with the "copy previous week" feature. Also, the fact that employees are able to edit their own availability helps the scheduling process go smoother.
ConsYou can't delete/erase chats! It's literally the most infuriating thing to just have them pile up. Especially when you have various employees plus group chats. I wish I was able to delete the threads as soon as I'm done with them.

By When I Work on October 28, 2018
Hi Melina, Marie here with the Customer Care team. Thanks for taking the time to review our app! We are glad to hear you are utilizing scheduling shortcuts to save you time when scheduling your employees. I understand that it is frustrating to not be able to delete single conversations/threads in WorkChat. You do have the option to Leave a Conversation so it does not appear in your list anymore. I have passed your feedback on to our product team. They appreciate customer feedback and will take the time to review it. If you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@wheniwork.com. Cheers, Marie
October 3, 2018
Scarlett B.
April 22, 2018

“Amazing and easy to use. Also the customer service you receive is 5 star service. ”

ProsI love how easy this software is to use for all of my employees and myself. It has taken scheduling to the next level and I can't imagine using anything else now!
ConsHonestly, I have not found anything that I would really complain about. The only thing that would make it easier for my personal use is the preferred work time could be a little easier to see with all my employees. I would like a generalized option for them instead of a daily change.

By When I Work on April 24, 2018
Hi there, Scarlett! My name is Julia, I'm from the When I Work Customer Care team. We wanted to thank you so much for the awesome review! It's great to hear that our program has made your scheduling a breeze and we truly appreciate your feedback. I've forwarded your feedback on the Preferred Hours feature on to our product team to review for further updates. We are always trying to enhance performance and I can absolutely understand how this would make scheduling a bit more efficient. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to provide your feedback. We are so grateful to have awesome customers like you and we love serving you and your scheduling needs! Please don't hesitate to reach out at support@wheniwork.com if there's anything we can help with. Sincerely, Julia -When I Work Team
April 22, 2018
Noah L.
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
October 27, 2017

“Support staff is phenomenal! Very professional program.”

OverallWhen we first opened our business 2 years ago we were doing the schedule on a spreadsheet. It took hours. Now I can schedule 40 people in 5 locations in about an hour! Additionally it allows us to be more professional and accurate. I also love the new app update that when I open my app it brings me right to todays schedule as opposed to before when it brought me automatically to the start of my week.
ProsThe new update that allows me to open up my app and see todays shifts right away. Makes looking at my daily schedule so easy. I also like the ability to create holiday schedules and save them as templates.
ConsMaybe Im just not sure how to do it but I would like to be able to click on a shift and change the persons name who the shift is assigned to. Currently it only allows me to change the location, hours, job title (I think).

By When I Work on October 30, 2017
Hi Noah! Thank you for leaving such a great review! I am happy to hear that you are enjoying the updates that we have recently made to our app. That's so awesome that using When I Work has drastically cut down the time it takes you to build your schedule. Currently you would have to drag a shift to an employee's cell if you wanted to change who was working that shift. There is not a way within the shift details to do that. I hope you have a fantastic day!
October 27, 2017
Adolf R.
Software Developer
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
August 30, 2019

“When I Work the assistant that every company requires.”

OverallWIW has been a great help to me in the work I do as a supervisor in the company, especially when we carry out a group project, since this platform allows me to track and identify the availability of time for work that is and also I can establish when it is necessary to incorporate a member into the team and when not, even register their free time. The system is great when we want to hire staff outside the payroll, especially the freelancers system.
ProsWhen I Work is a very simple system to use and configure and it is also useful as it ends with the old work format that was too complicated in the administration of personnel carried out by companies.This administrator offers the function of being able to order in a way Personalized to employees by name, you can also configure the programming system directly to the telephone of the employees, simplifying the process of communication between the parties.
ConsI consider that WIW is an excellent system which is very functional, it may have small failures but it worked wonders for me.

By When I Work on September 14, 2019
Hi Adolf - Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful 5 star review with us! I'm so happy to hear that you've found our software easy to use and manage your team. It's so wonderful to hear that our features like availability have been helpful as well! Again, thanks for sharing such a wonderful review! Kindly, Adrianne
August 30, 2019
Tyler B.
Senior Manager
Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

“When I Work Review”

ProsGreat product for the money. Very easy to use. Mobile app functionality is great. Messaging is very easy to use on both ends.
ConsThe lack of management approval for availability requests is a big con. They allow for time-off requests to be approved, but for a staff member to set their availability without approval is a big downfall. Staff learns that and will take advantage of it. For example, staff member all set themselves as "Not Available" on a major holiday where we are busy and there was nothing I could do about that. Hot Schedules and others have that feature, while When I Work does not. This is a big enough issue that I am considering a switch.

By When I Work on February 9, 2019
Hi Tyler, Megan here from the Customer Care Team. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We're happy to hear that you like the mobile app, messaging, and ease of use of the app. I'm passing your feedback on our availability feature and how it would greatly benefit your team to have the ability to approve availability. Our team looks over all user suggestions when making decisions on future app enhancements. If any questions come up please reach out to us at support@wheniwork.com Cheers, Megan
Richard P.
Owner & Founder
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
March 5, 2018

“Excellent product and service. I couldn't run my business without it.”

Overallcontrol of employees working at multiple customer sites
ProsEasy to set up and use. No upfront costs. Good support, although nothing ever goes wrong. Easy for employees to use. It's also great there is a mobile app, as our employees work at our customers' sites, and not from an office.
ConsOn repeat shifts, it would be useful o not have to set an end date. My shifts run on for years, and the maximum time you can set one for is 1 year. So every year I have to rebuild the shifts, which is time-consuming.

By When I Work on March 6, 2018
Hi Richard, Thanks for taking the time to review our app! We are happy to hear that When I Work is working well for your team and that you are enjoying our mobile app! :) I can see how it would be helpful to be able to set shifts to repeat for more than one year, so I will pass it along as a suggestion to my team for you. In the meantime, you can go to the last occurrence of the repeating shift and extend the date to repeat for another year instead of recreating the whole schedule. Thanks, Adrian When I Work
March 5, 2018
Kevin C.
Special Events Coordinator
November 3, 2017

“Really easy, streamlined and intuitive”

ProsEasy of scheduling. I really like the intuitiveness of the product. The support is very responsive as well.
ConsLack of integration with google calendar. This would be an even better way to streamline use. Sometimes, there are bugs too.

By When I Work on November 7, 2017
Hi Kevin, Thank you for taking time to review the When I Work app! We are thrilled that you are finding everything to be easy to use and intuitive for the staff. Our Customer Care team is also happy that you find their help to be useful! We do offer a one-way integration to Google Calendar via the "Dashboard" on the web and through your mobile app. Here's more info: https://help.wheniwork.com/articles/syncing-your-schedule-to-a-calendar-app-computer/ Please reach out to us at support@wheniwork.com if you have any questions on the Google cal integration, and any other questions/feedback. If there are any bugs you notice we also would like to have you alert us as soon as you can so the product can be in top shape for your day-to-day use. We are always here to advise to make sure you can leverage the app to the fullest. Best, Sasha DeMarre
November 3, 2017
Justin S.
Clinic Administrator
October 25, 2017

“Have been using WIW for several years now and have enjoyed being apart of WIW program”

OverallMade a very difficult task of scheduling multi locations and multiple staff members much simpler. What used to take several days of labor can now be done in a few hours, and we are 4 times as large as we were when we started. WIW has helped with that growth because of the efficiency in scheduling and budgeting our staff hours to fit our need.
ProsContinual improvement to meet the needs of clients. The changes that have occurred over the last 3 years have improved our workflow and continually allows us to do more with scheduling and payroll. Reports that export to Excel/google sheets, budgeting, etc. WIW has allowed our staff the continuity it needs to be successful.

By When I Work on October 26, 2017
Hey Justin! Thanks for leaving such a great review! We have enjoyed having you be a part of our When I Work community. :) It's great to hear that you've appreciated all of the updates that we've made the past 3 years. We hope that you can continue to grow with us as our journey continues! Thanks so much for being a great customer - have a great day!
October 25, 2017
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees
August 3, 2019

“Makes scheduling for business effortless”

ProsEven with small businesses with just a dozen employees, it can be a pain to coordinate and schedule shifts for each person. When I Work makes all of that easy. There's both computer and mobile support, and employees can mark when they're available, which is all displayed in one place so making sure shifts are covered is easy--what's even better is that when someone calls in sick you can see who's "on call" or available and get another person to cover ASAP. Saves so much time and energy that would otherwise go into scheduling.
ConsThis service is not free, however I would say it is 100% worth paying for.

By When I Work on August 6, 2019
Hello! Thank you so very much for taking the time to provide such a thorough and delightful review! I'm so happy to hear that our software has provided time savings, convenience and ease of use! Thank you very much for this wonderful 5 star review! Kindly, Adrianne
August 3, 2019
Sherry O.
Entertainment, 11-50 employees

“Great Scheduling Software”

OverallLove this app and would recommend it to any small or larger business with multiple departments. I do feel it can work well for smaller businesses as well since the pricing is based by the number of users.
ProsMy staff find it easy to use and it has saved me time and money. Scheduling is quick and easy. I can get messages out to everyone like snow closings and changes to codes. Easy to set up departments and staff in multiple areas.
ConsI would like to have the wage budgeting more available by department. So multiple uses can see their individual departments.

By When I Work on May 23, 2019
Hi Sherry - Adrianne here! Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your feedback! I'm so happy to hear that you're finding it saving you time and money! It's also great to hear that our features help meet your business needs! If you'd like to look into our different roles for your employees, feel free to submit a ticket here: https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ Take care, Adrianne