HiveDesk Ratings

Overall

About HiveDesk

HiveDesk is an Automatic Time Tracking and Screenshot software. Small businesses that employ remote employees use HiveDesk to: 1) Track time of remote employees 2) Use screenshots to build trust with remote employees and clients 3) Monitor remote employee productivity 4) Generate accurate timesheets for paying employees and billing clients Sign up for 14-day Free Trial to test drive HiveDesk today! Learn more about HiveDesk

Jeff S.
Manager, Operational Controls
Printing, 201-500 employees
February 1, 2019

“Perfect for Our Business”

OverallOur experience with Hivedesk has been stellar and in fact we have recommended it to many of our clients as well. We have a large contracted services footprint and many clients have asked us how we manage it and we have told them of Hivedesk. We love the ease of use and simplicity of the client and interface.
ProsIt is extremely easy to use and very user friendly and intuitive. My work from home staff never have an issue with it, it has never affected our system or our operation and works quietly and reliably in the background. As the work from home manager, I find the reporting easy to generate. We don't need a complex system and Hivedesk gives us the information we need without a lot of clutter to effectively manage our remote staff.
ConsThere are only a few minor issues. One, when installing, the client itself is easy to install but you usually have to update your Java on almost every new install. Hivedesk does provide a link to update Java when needed which is nice, but it has to be done on most installs. Secondly, while there response through the intercom message system is fast and very effective, it would be nice if they had a live support or customer service number.
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
January 25, 2019

“Crucial to managing a team of hourly remote workers.”

ProsHivedesk allows us to manage remote workers in multiple time zones and locations. One of the challenges with having remote workers is you don't have the same ability to see they are actually working as you do with in office workers. We use a number of hourly freelance workers and Hivedesk gives us screenshots shots and activity rates to ensure they are working the hours they are billing us for. Its not something we monitor all the time, but rather use as a tool when we think there is a performance issue.
ConsWe have had the occasional setup issue, but this is usually resolved quickly.
Dave M.
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
February 22, 2019

“Keeps Honest People Honest”

OverallIn today's world, remote work is a given. We use this software to handle those challenges. We tried a lot of the competitors and for many reasons hivedesk won. Plus, team loves their support. Fast and attentive.
ProsWe love hivedesk. It allows us to track peoples use and find areas of weakness. Their price level is perfect for us and we love their reporting.
ConsThe one report I want they don't have. We have a request in, but we have not gotten it. Outside of that, very impressed with solution!
Andrew L.
Senior Management
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
February 8, 2019

“Excellent Program”

OverallI often work remotely and the program allows me to easily check my employees hours for the week and address any concerns. If employees active time is low I can determine why by the screenshot feature and address with the employees any concern I have about their work product.
ProsThis software is fantastic for tracking hours. It also does a great job of determining how active employees are with their work with the active time feature. It has other features that allows you to check in on your employees (in house or remote), if needed.
ConsNo negative feedback. The program provides everything promised and more and is easy to navigate!
February 8, 2019
Raul D.
Principal
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
March 5, 2019

“HiveDesk Review”

OverallGood.
ProsAble to track remote resources, view screenshots and create timesheets in one place.
ConsHad situations where sessions or session comments are not being logged. Although we receive support for this issue the resource still have the same issue occasionally. We wish logged hours would be against tasks as opposed as against projects. We wish there would be reports using tasks as opposed as projects.
March 5, 2019
Ryan L.
Design, 1-10 employees
January 25, 2019

“Reliable, accurate and effective solution for remote employees”

OverallIt's an effective and reliable solution for remote workers. I have not had to worry about anything since setting it up.
ProsAccuracy Ease of use Flexible with Useful Options Pricing
ConsI would say that it would be useful to have the full list of screenshots for a session open in lightbox right from the project page, rather than clicking into the session first.
Bryan S.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

“Useful aplication”

OverallIt works it is not my favorite but i have tried quite a few other products and hive desk works for me it is better than some of its competitors for sure
ProsI actually use it alot staff and i use it everyday and it gets the job done
ConsIt is resource heavy my computer seems to be slower when it is running. Also the website is so annoying it logs you out like every 5 minutes of inactivity so everytime i work on it generating reports i have to log back in between format my report in excel then generating another report on hivedesk
Karina L.
E-Learning, 1-10 employees

“Excelent experience”

OverallIt helped me a lot in my small business because it helped me see when they were working and the screenshots of their computer helped me a lot to show my supervisor what they have been working on etc.
ProsIt is very easy to use, I don't have to explain much to my workers about how to use it and when I add tasks my works get a notification right away.
ConsI wish I could get a notification whenever they are connect or check in or when they check out. Maybe a chat online between workers would be good
Keileigh N.
COO
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

“Hive Desk”

ProsAffordability and user friendly. A great option for thr cost
ConsSupport takes a while to respond if needed
Mike M.
Owner/Consultant
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
February 23, 2019

“Consulting Management Use”

ProsEasy to use. I can use it to bring in client feedback so the team can use it. I like that I can put the project links into our dashboard on Google Sheets
ConsTheir is no overall dashboard that makes it easy to see at a glance the health of projects. There is no tracking of progress on tasks. Ideally would want it to be a hybrid of project management with the task details that Basecamp already has.
February 23, 2019
Steven S.
Legal Services, 11-50 employees

“Great Software!”

ProsThe ease of signing up and implementing the software.
ConsHaving to set up "groups" to put people in - it would be easier if you could just add staff members to the software without having to set up an entire group.
Brook B.
Executive Office, 1-10 employees
December 8, 2016

“Great tool for outsourced staff!”

OverallHivedesk is an amazing tool for business owners that are using outsourced staff. It gives you the ability to see the screen shots of what your staff is doing as they are logged in, report hours, keep them accountable, organize your time by projects and print off payroll reports. For the hands on business owner that pays by the hour this tool is a lifesaver.
ProsThe reporting capabilities.
ConsNo real integration with other systems.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are outsourcing and paying by the hour this solves a lot of problems.
December 8, 2016
Jessica T.
Ontario Business Manager
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
March 8, 2019

“Makes Tracking Remote Hours Easy”

OverallThis had made scaling easy because my talent pool isn't limited to where our office is for work that can realistically be done from anywhere.
ProsThis keeps remote workers accountable, where the other option is I trust that they actually did the work. It also makes payroll easy when I can just pull up a report.
ConsI'm not 100% sure how relevant the "Activity" feature is because I use the service for calling agents. I'd like to be able to pull up a video of exactly what they were doing so I can assess the speed of their work.
March 8, 2019
Shelby M.
VP
Insurance, 11-50 employees
January 30, 2019

“Functioning Review ”

OverallVery well, great customer service.
ProsScreenshots are a great feature. Also, the timekeeping is very beneficial as well.
ConsWe have used it in the past with all of our staff across the board and it was wonderful. My only complaint would be that we could not fit our whole team in a project it required me to create multiple projects.
January 30, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
February 3, 2019

“Hivedesk”

ProsIt is easy to use and it has functionality that we need. Customer support is great.
ConsInability for the admin to move hours from project to another. It is difficult to zoom in and out the snapshots. When a user runs a report to verify his time, it is not possible to sort by time. WE had a lot of problems with the client app.
February 3, 2019
Annette D.
Online Media, 1-10 employees
January 25, 2019

“Finally found something I like”

OverallMy subcontractors love it, I love it It's a win/win for all of us.
ProsIt is very intuitive and easy to navigate
ConsI would appreciate a 1099 feature so that all I have to do is hit a button and it would calculate the form and have it filled out with my subcontractor's information and total paid for the year.
Ann-marie H.
Construction, 11-50 employees
February 10, 2019

“HiveDesk hit”

OverallGreat experience great system to use. Saved us heaps $$$
ProsGreat in an age of outsourcing, keeps people honest
ConsThe software is great, nothing to note here
February 10, 2019
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
April 6, 2016

“Easy to use and Value for money team management software”

OverallWe use HiveDesk for task management and time tracking of our remote workers. So far, we are very happy with it. It is updated regularly and their support is good.
April 6, 2016
Michael W.
Retail, 1-10 employees

“Not bad”

OverallOverall is good
ProsAbility to track time and screenshots . Employee can login right from screen
ConsSome things are hard to set such as the time zone the employee is in for tracking time
HANINE K.
cto
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
February 5, 2019

“best way to monitor remote employees ”

OverallI still love hive desk, i would love it if instead of having to log in, it immediately begins capturing photos rather than employees having to log in. This makes it slightly hard for us however, it does exactly what i need it to do, and i love the fact that it auto saves these screenshots
Prosthe consistency and accuracy, also, love the saving of the captures
Consneed to add additional options to pricing plan or change the pricing model
Jim L.