SafeNet ProtectDB software delivers powerful protection for the sensitive corporate and customer information stored in databases. With ProtectDB, organizations have the flexibility to encrypt data at multiple levels and during multiple processes. Centralized key management provided with the integrated SafeNet DataSecure solution helps tighten security and simplifies the encryption of data in virtually any number of databases across heterogeneous environments often found in data centers.
Part of Safenet Virtual key secure v4.8 for Database Development / Support Team
Sep 21, 2017
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
Used the software for: 6-12 months
Ease of Use
Features & Functionality
Value for Money
Likelihood to Recommend:Not LikelyExtremely Likely
Pros: Safenet Encryption Key Management (EKM) helped us centrally, efficiently, and securely manage and store cryptographic keys/policies across our enterprise.
It enabled security teams to uniformly view, control, and administer cryptographic policies and keys for all their sensitive data
Below are the key benefits -
* Easy to implement SafeNet Virtual key Secure v4.8 for database with the help of Safenet (Gemalto) professional service team
* Easy setup of multiple environments (Prod/QA/Dev) which helps complete testing before production roll out
* Able to store, manage and backup keys in central, hardened repository and gain the visibility and control to consistently/effectively enforce security controls
* Helped Database team to ensure keys are always available - so data is always available
* Database Administrators can centrally manage keys and policies with more speed, ease, and efficiency.
* Helped to ensure and demonstrate compliance with stringent data security policies and compliance mandates
* Intuitive Administration console helped Admin Team easily manage all the administrative activity with minimal hand holding
Cons: Below are below sticky points which Safenet product team can look for adding as part of out of the box offering -
* Out of the box product does not support all encryption required based on Database Type
* Considerable efforts needs to be put to develop & maintain different database Key
* More resource to maintain Key Servers if Organizations wants the Key to be synced on real time with the database.
Overall: Understood the concept of Encryption Key Management & why it is essential for every enterprise company.
Different methods to protect, store, backing up and organize encryption keys for Enterprise wide database
Critical benefits to Enterprise companies on regulatory compliance & high profile data loss makes professionals expert in Safenet as key resources.