FIREHOUSE Software Ratings

Overall
2.5/5

About FIREHOUSE Software

Fire RMS tool that enables improvement of safety and health through integrated data usage. Learn more about FIREHOUSE Software

Wyatt W.
Shift Commander
Public Safety, 51-200 employees
September 5, 2017

“Does a lot of things pretty good”

ProsI'm currently using the 7.x version and not FHnet. I have only played with FHnet and cannot give guidance. I also use the client provided server model and have not used the hosted services offered. Admin side is fairly straight forward and easy to use. They used a proprietary software for reporting in the older version based on FireFox. Crystal knowledge will go a long way with this. They have conferences every year and they teach you everything you might need to know about reporting (the best reporting courses I have ever taken). The newest version is using SQL reporting which is free and has a lot of youtube videos. The conference again will help with this. User side is straight forward, but a little clunky. Easy to set custom rules and require fields when you want. Interfaces with many other software packages including: Kronos Workforce TeleStaff, OSSI CAD, Rescue One CE provider. If you have a little database knowledge, you can do just about anything. Lots of task that can be set up automatically. Automated reports. It is easy to import bulk data and export bulk data from the software directly. Also have a ipad version for inspections.
ConsTech support usually makes you leave a message, but generally calls back within a few hours. Started using other software for scheduling, truck and SBCA checks because they are easier. Did not like the EMS package offered. They could do very little customization. When I asked about a field that would be required by my region, they stated that not enough people wanted it so they would not do it. I would say the 9 county region around Houston, Texas as being a very large group of people.
September 5, 2017
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
April 15, 2018

“Work with this program every 3rd shift for charting purposes”

ProsPrior to other programs becoming more readily available FH had everything a user could want in charting because nothing really existed pre-hospital. Now with programs catching up and surpassing FH, FH has not continued to keep up with the times. There is not much to look at for Pros outside the fact it is still #1 for NFIRS reports only because it is FIREHOUSE, it should be good at that.
ConsJust about everything in this program, I apologize for being harsh but it has been bought and sold many times now and the development and upkeep of the software has fallen by the far wayside. Customer service can take up to months to respond and I believe only because you emailed them enough times. There is no way to truly modify the fields you want to modify even though that was a portion of their sales pitch. The program loses data as you are typing through your chart so we have learned to avoid certain "automation" buttons. This once great program has fallen quite far from its original design.
April 15, 2018
Austin M.
Systems Analyst
Government Administration, 501-1000 employees
August 15, 2017

“IT Administrator of Firehouse for Fire / EMS”

ProsIt integrates with our CAD. When it works, it works okay. It does what it says for the most part, and has been around for awhile.
ConsWhen you call in with a problem, the tech has 20 minutes to fix the problem, and then they make it into a ticket. It can takes many days to hear back about it. Sometimes I have had to call in multiple times about the same open ticket, and have to talk through the issue from scratch with each one. The software is definitely not intuitive in any way. It is 5 clicks to attach a document to an occupancy, and if it doesn't work, that's at least 4 days to get it fixed. Sometimes it seems like most of the repair tech's themselves don't understand the software. One time I was asked if I had Googled the error code myself to see if I could find anything. The FH Inspector app requires many things to work together for the program to work, which means it doesn't work as much as it does. The Fire Marshals still carry paper with them for when it is down.
August 15, 2017
John B.
Public Safety, Unspecified
January 6, 2017

“There are better products than Firehouse”

OverallFirehouse is way behind in regards to offering up-to-date technology. They have taken on the model of buying software and trying to integrate it with their existing platform rather than develop new software. Xerox acquired them years ago and users thought it would be a benefit but the company has only gone down hill since. Their customer service was never good and has also declined in the 8+ years I've worked with them. I was very relieved when our department finally gave up on Firehouse.
ConsNot intuitive. Runs on old software (FoxPro). Mobile products are horrible. Customer service is practically non-responsive for all but the most basic of issues.
Recommendations to other buyersLook elsewhere
January 6, 2017
Jenna S.
Communications Manager
May 23, 2017

“Horrible. They don't care about their customer, only their bottomline”

ConsIt's awful and I would NOT RECOMMEND. It is redundant, not easy to fill out, and there are no manuals to help users make it work better for their needs. I contacted Customer Service and it took them 2 weeks to get back to me for a simple database question. They were really nice, probably the nicest company reps I've dealt with, but not very helpful for an immediate need. It would have taken me less time to hand write the list that I was asking about. Don't even get me started on their sales team, THE WORST. If I didn't HAVE to use this system, I wouldn't. Trust me, there are better options out there.
May 23, 2017
Daniel A.
IT Coordinator
Government Administration, 201-500 employees
January 22, 2018

“Firehouse is meeting our needs.”

OverallEffectively runs our fire department.
ProsLocally hosted and self managed. Light on server and workstation resources. Reliable and stable software. This application has lots of options and features. Support seems to be getting better and better.
ConsThis software has a bit of an older look and feel. Application is very hard to use on a mobile device. Lots of training required to effectively use the software.
January 22, 2018
John G.
Government Administration, 11-50 employees
September 11, 2016

“Reports-Ok everything else way to complicated FH Sketch etc”

OverallFH Sketch is WAY to complicated unless you are a CAD pro and know all of the functions and how to operate the program. I have spent hours reading and watching how to videos and I can get it done but it is NOT user friendly at all. Mobile inspections not a plus. FireHouse can do at lot of things - but it needs a major overhaul to make it user friendly
ProsOptions and what it can do
ConsIt's so complicated that you can't utilize all that it offers
Recommendations to other buyersSave your $$$
September 11, 2016
Danilo D.
Paramedic
Public Safety, 11-50 employees
April 19, 2019

“FIREHOUSE Software Review”

OverallThe benefits are we are able to do our charts and QA/QI in a timely manner and we are able to use the scheduling portion and setup times easily as well for scheduling.
ProsWe use the firehouse software for our scheduling and for our reporting and it is the best.
ConsNone needed the software meets all our expectations
April 19, 2019
Kelsey B.
Firefighter/IT Support
Public Safety, 11-50 employees
April 11, 2019

“Affordable & Feature Rich”

OverallOur experience with Firehouse has been rewarding, and we hope to continue using the it for years to come.
ProsWe have been using Firehouse for about 3 months, and we are really starting to realize the benefits of the software package as it pertains to the data we must compile for our property insurance rating by the state property insurance association. Firehouse turns collecting data and compiling that data into reports a very simple task. The features are so plentiful, and we've yet to use them all to fully get the benefit of the package.
ConsThe only thing that we've come to dislike about the software is again, like most packages I review, the ability to customize the software without limitation.
April 11, 2019
Kim F.
System Supervisor
Public Safety, 501-1000 employees
November 7, 2017

“Frustrated by Firehouse implementation that never happened, even though paid. Ripoff.”

OverallFirehouse cost us thousands and it is useless because it never worked. We've gone to Fire Records from Tritech.
ProsOur Fire Dept. chose Firehouse. We paid them thousands. As per contract we sent them the data from our current Fire Records system to convert. They loaded it for us to inspect. Many jumbled fields. Marked errors after extensive review and sent back. Came back with many errors, sent back. The salesman dodged our contact attempts for months. Still haven't worked out migrated database. Go-Live originally to be June 2016. It's now November 2017. We paid thousands. Only have a demo with bad data in it. We still use our original Fire Records system. What I like most is we aren't using Firehouse and we're not giving them anymore money. I also like the idea of filing a lawsuit for non-performance.
ConsThe service response is a swindle. The proprietary database doesn't import data very well. Never used it in production because of it's never been finished. The company has not honored the agreement. 1.5 years and still not implemented. They have the nerve to put us on their customer list. Run away.
November 7, 2017
Trent I.
Sgt.
Public Policy, 51-200 employees
December 4, 2018

“Too difficult to use”

ProsThe customizablity makes it easy to get all you need out of the system.
Cons1 change in the system can creat multiple issues.
December 4, 2018
Joshua J.
Firefighter/ Paramedic
Government Administration, 51-200 employees
July 29, 2016

“Worst software on the market”

OverallThe software has hundreds of problems. Its like we are writing the software for the company by sending non stop complaints. This software is a liability total waste.
ProsNone
ConsToo many to list
Recommendations to other buyersDO NOT BUY
July 29, 2016
Ann H.
Deputy Chief, EMC
October 26, 2015

“Horrible all around”

OverallI absolutely detest this software. I would seriously rather pull my fingernails out than use this ever again. It is slow and not responsive, it is not easy to use and although it may track everything under the sun and that sounds great, but is a huge consumer of time. It does way too much for what the average user needs it to do. We just went with what our stated provides for free and I couldn't be happier. The new system is fast, intuitive and someone actually answers the phone when I call. With the free software we are compliant with both the state and federal reporting so we still remain eligible for grants with way less hassle.
October 26, 2015
Jimmy G.
December 14, 2016

“Easy but not Fire Fighter easy... ”

OverallThis software is full featured and robust however it is not the most intuitive software out there no matter how few programs do what Firehouse does. It is time intensive and the 'automation' could be better.
December 14, 2016
Peter B.
January 13, 2016

“Excellent program for managing calls, training and manpower”

OverallCustomer service stinks, and is even worse if you are using the cloud version.
January 13, 2016
Kevin D.
Driver/Engineer
February 14, 2016

“Horrid”

OverallEvery time I have to complete a report using FH, I long for the old days of hand written PCRs. With all the innovations in technology, it's unbelievable that we would be using something so arcane that it hearkens back to DOS operating systems. I pray every shift that our system would crash so that we can upgrade to something worth using.
February 14, 2016
Richard F.
NJ Fire Inspedtor
May 5, 2015

“It's Crap”

OverallFire House Is the worst software I have ever used.
May 5, 2015