Fundly CRM Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About Fundly CRM

Fundly CRM takes nonprofit relationship management to an entirely new level - and without breaking the budget. With innovation and flexible subscription levels, Fundly CRM is unlike any other software for nonprofits. Fundly Connect simplifies the process of connecting people with volunteer opportunities and helping nonprofits manage those vital relationships. Learn more about Fundly CRM

Christine O.
Administrator
May 25, 2017

“Overall, we have had a great experience with Fundly. Lots of great features and amazing support.”

OverallMore automation of recurring donations. Great for managing our events. Peace of mind knowing that support is available and responsive.
ProsThe best thing about Fundly is their customer support. A great system is nothing without support to get you up and running and help you when you have a question. Their webinars are great, especially the Friday drop-in webinar. I also like how it helped us get our recurring donations mostly automated. All I have to do is go in and click to send the acknowledgment emails. They also have great ways to recieve donations and event registrations online. The donation widget we have on our website definitely increased our online donations.
ConsThe reporting feature can be hard to learn. It's very powerful and can do a lot when you get up to speed but the learning curve is steep. Luckily, they have the Reporting Huddles. I have gotten a lot of help from going to those.
May 25, 2017
Jeffery R.
Development
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
March 24, 2017

“STAY AWAY!”

OverallThis was a great company and product when it was nonprofiteasy, but ever since becoming Fundly CRM is has gone to the birds. Used to be a simple, user friendly experience. Now it is cluncky, not user friendly and some of the features are impossible to use unless you are a computer programmer. Customer service does not exist with this company - be prepared to be thrown into the wolf's den. At best they will give you a list of instructions a day later, but that's all. Or they will tell you to watch a webinar. If you have nothing else to do but mess with a computer all day this might work for you, but most of us fundraisers do not (or probably don't know how because that is not our job!). Then the support personnel talk to you like your stupid because you can't figure out what they are talking about from their written instructions and they then want to charge you just for the privilege of talking to them on the phone. The reporting feature is absolutely useless unless you are a computer engineer. Seriously! They farm out the reporting to a company called Exago that is for market research. I'm totally not kidding - check it out http://www.exagoinc.com/. This is what you have to look forward to. Nothing but headaches and anxiety. Please do not fall for these people; especially the sales guy Dan. They do not care about you. They're only objective is to add more clients and definitely not to help you or your organization.
ProsNONE
ConsTHAT IT EXISTS
Recommendations to other buyersSTAY AWAY! Don't believe a word they say

By Fundly on April 20, 2017
At Fundly. we understand that any new technology creates a learning opportunity that can sometimes feel daunting. We make every reasonable effort to ensure that our customers have a multitude of free training and tools to learn the features of the Fundly CRM platform. Unfortunately, in this case, the customer did not have the time to complete the training as offered and there was an unreasonable expectation that the Fundly team would do additional work for free. Although we made several attempts to engage in a solution, we regret that we were unable to sufficiently satisfy this organization's request.
March 24, 2017
Laura W.
March 15, 2018

“Easy enough to capture data; reporting on it later is another story”

ProsYou can record a lot of information about donations including where the money is coming from, where it is going, details about who it came from, etc. The acknowledgement feature for sending receipts helps track communications with donors.
ConsI've found it extremely difficult to report on data after it's entered in the system. The reporting tool is not intuitive. There are several "tricks" that you wouldn't know unless told specifically. I run into many errors and can't seem to get the reports to pull the information I want, especially in fairly straightforward scenarios. I also found the system to be quite slow as compared to other cloud/internet-based softwares. It takes a long time to enter one small task or piece of information and search for contacts or navigate through the site.
March 15, 2018
Dan R.
Director of Communications
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2018

“AGREED: Stay Away!”

OverallWe continue to have problems that have lost us thousands of dollars. The response we get from company reps is more about protecting Fundly than solving problems. The previous staff at our nonprofit must have selected Fundly based on expected costs, but the reality is that the opportunity cost and real costs are literally threatening the survival of our organization.
ProsA few things are easy, but a lot is lacking, and for end users, the system is very frustrating.
ConsWe do events nearly every week and have to field dozens of calls and emails each week from people who are not able to register due to confusing user experience, timeouts, and technical issues. When people want to reset their password, they often don't get the reset message. Monthly members/donors keep getting kicked out by the system, so we often get people who think they're still members, but the system won't recognize them. When we try to fix this on the back end, it doesn't "stick." Reporting is frustrating and often inaccurate, especially around events and membership. The customer service is defensive and usually insists that there isn't a problem.
September 12, 2018
Isis C.
Executive Director
Individual & Family Services, Self-employed
June 20, 2017

“AWESOME!”

OverallThe software is extremely easy to access, and utilize.
ProsThe software is so easy to use, even for people like myself who are not so "technology literate"! Anytime I need assistance the staff avails themselves immediately. I can keep track of every single item regarding our organization in ONE place, this is most helpful for me especially since in the position of ED I wear many hats.
ConsOccasionally the system will freeze up on me, but this is generally the only issue that I've encountered. I do not have any other cons to report at this time. The system has been for the most part AWESOME.

By Fundly on June 21, 2017
Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoy using Fundly CRM. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.
June 20, 2017
Catherine O.
Director of Development
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
June 28, 2017

“Service is excellent, the program is robust and an excellent value.”

OverallEfficiency, support, ease of use for myself and other internal customers.
ProsThe support is fantastic, the software is easy to understand graphics; ease of use of the various input and access systems, detailed reporting, and price.
June 28, 2017
Amanda P.
Fund raiser initiater
Fund-Raising, Self-employed
December 2, 2018

“Fundly is NOT fun”

OverallI will NOT use this company nor suggest using this company or fundraising again.
ProsThe ease of starting the fund, it was easy to start up and upload pictures
ConsThey use a financial system called STRIPE. It is a secondary business. To start a fundraiser for a friend i used FUNDLY, not knowing the money i was raising was going to be held hostage by STRIPE. They treated the fundraiser as a business. I had no EID because it is not a business and there is NO profit to be made. The customer support was anything but helpful. I could not stop the fundraiser without loosing the current funds. So the family in NEED is still in need while Stripe holds the funds.

By Fundly on October 4, 2019
Fundly Pro - our crowding funding platform - is different than Fundly CRM. Fundly Pro allows you to fundraise for you cause, personalize your campaign, share with your network and a lot more. We have partnered with Stripe as the payment gateway processor. EIN number is optional and can be skipped. For security reasons, until the account is verified, they do not release the funds.
December 2, 2018
Anna C.
April 19, 2017

“Systems & Startup”

OverallAs a young startup team, we at Old Sol Music Hall were looking for a customer relationship management tool that would grow with us and our nonprofit organization. With the dedicated support of the Fundly team, we were able to develop an awesome website; manage the abundance of information about our volunteers, donors, and concertgoers; and finish our first fiscal year feeling organized and ready for years to come.

By Fundly on April 20, 2017
Thanks for leaving us a review! We would be interested in any additional feedback you can provide on how we can improve our overall quality and especially our ease of use! If there is a time that is convenient in the upcoming weeks, I would love to schedule a call.
April 19, 2017
Joan M.
April 6, 2016

“Glitchy online convenience, Poor customer service”

OverallI started using this when it was NonProfitEasy. It seemed to be 5 guys running out of a garage. I ran into a number of bugs, that they fixed quickly, but I had a hard time matching their report numbers to outside sources. However, my real issue arose when first one, then a second employee promised something on pricing, but didn't follow through. Our company got a surprise charge. My emails went unanswered. Turned out first employee left the company, the other was out on leave - no one was checking their email. The company was very slow in resolving the issue, and communicated poorly during the resolution. I cannot recommend this company, there are others with same functionality and better service.
April 6, 2016
Andrea T.
Digital Campaign Executive
Broadcast Media, 1001-5000 employees
July 25, 2019

“Great online tool for fundraising”

ProsEasy to use for crowdfunding, able to share links on whatever platform.
ConsIt does what it needs to do, so doesn't have any cons for me.

By Fundly on October 4, 2019
Thank you for your feedback and being a valuable client Andrea!
July 25, 2019
Jen L.
Filmmaker
Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees
May 17, 2019

“Run from Fundly”

OverallI reached out twice to customer service before I found out about their beta product that they are passing off as "ready." I've been delayed 5 days now with my campaign and lost several donors.
ProsGood press releases. Misleading but convincing.
ConsIt has no ability to collect online payments through your phone. Last I checked, 95% of the world accesses the internet via their phone. With Fundly, you must find a desktop computer in order to donate. Kiss any Fundraising ventures goodbye. This Beta product should not be for public consumption until it's ready. Perhaps they should run their ads on phone booths? That is as up-to-date as this software. Find someone operating in this century.

By Fundly on October 4, 2019
Fundly Pro - our crowdfunding platform - is fully mobile compatible. Majority of the day-to-day donations raised on the platform are via mobile devices and has been in the market for over a decade. Sounds like there may have been an issue with how the campaign was set-up which could have been resolved with one call to support.
May 17, 2019
Rebecca J.
Ceo
Accounting, 1-10 employees
May 14, 2019

“Horrible-stay away ”

OverallHorrible!!!!
ProsNo pros stay away and use another campaign platform
ConsI started a campaign in January hoping to cash our funds in March for an emergency trip. It is now May and they aren't able to get me the money because "something went wrong in the system"

By Fundly on October 4, 2019
Fundly Pro - our crowdfunding platform -is different from Fundly CRM. In either case, all funds are released via our payment gateway partner - Fundly doesn't touch the money - if they were unable to release the money its because the campaign was flagged their risk team.
May 14, 2019
John J.
Religious Institutions, Unspecified
February 27, 2015

“I love it- it worked great for me!”

ProsIt was easy and nice to work with. The process was simple and everyone there responded quickly. It was very simple to raise money for a good cause.
ConsThere was really nothing that I didn't like. It was great the whole way around. There are no complaints at all.
Recommendations to other buyersI would certainly recommend it. It's great and easy to work with.
Vanessa S.
Civic & Social Organization, Unspecified
March 4, 2015

“Annual Fundraising”

ProsI like the ease of use, accessibility, and that it's from a well known and trusted source.
ConsThe lack of statistical reporting. It could benefit larger organizations to see where donations come from.
Recommendations to other buyersFundly is great for quick, last minute fundraising in smaller increments. Large fundraising might be better suited to a more agile site.
March 4, 2015
Bill G.
Civic & Social Organization, Unspecified
March 1, 2015

“Fundly overview”

ProsI trust that donations are delivered to intended recipients.
ConsThe website is a little cumbersome. The offers could be streamlined and categorized a bit better.
Recommendations to other buyersSeparate the donation offers more thoroughly - sending a band to California is nice, but it's not as critical as donating for a heart transplant.
March 1, 2015
Steven C.
April 20, 2017

“Fundraising Awesomeness ”

OverallThere is nothing like Fundly. Everything is all in one package for any of your fundraising needs. Our nonprofit, Race for Kids, solely uses Fundly for everything. We love it!

By Fundly on April 20, 2017
Thanks! We appreciate the great feedback! We are proud to be a provider for the Race for Kids!
April 20, 2017
Frances N.
Fine Art, Unspecified
3.5/5
2.5/5
February 27, 2015

“Happiness is the key to knowledge: My journey using Fundly”

ProsHow versatile the product is; you can apply it to essentially any situation.
ConsIt is not as secure as I would like; there are some problems with the security.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure you are reviewing the correct software, and evaluate the software.
Marcus D.
July 9, 2018

“No customer support feature. No way to withdraw funds. Unable to send response when they email. ”

ProsNothing so far. I stopped donations because there seems to be to too many unsure features.
ConsNo way to communicate. no way to email or call or withdraw funds. I stopped donations.
July 9, 2018