Time Tracker Ratings

Overall

About Time Tracker

Time Tracker automates employee time and attendance tracking to improve efficiency and increase productivity. By tracking time accurately and analyzing projects you're able to save 30+ hours a month in admin and increase profitability by up to 20%. Connect your payroll and accounting software with Time Tracker and sync data in just one-click. Generate live reports and discover where time goes, identify your most productive employees and know who your most profitable clients are. Learn more about Time Tracker

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

“Time Tracker”

OverallI don't have to come up with my own method of tracking employee and contractor hours. Integration with Quickbooks now with the web client is seemless. Things pretty much work well now.
ProsMulti-platform with ease of use. Flexibility to allow you to record multiple days and hours in a single line-item or (like me) track each individual day separately so that I can report to my customers exactly what was done when I was there billing hourly. No save button the stuff is automatically saved when you tab past and entry in the web client. Mobile clients for Android and iPhone are very functional.
ConsScreen handling is sometimes buggy. Every once in a while you end up with two lines per entry which typically happens on a larger screen. I have a 4K display and sometimes when I make the screen size large enough to fit the entire width of the screen the second line pops in which makes no sense. I would also like more flexibility in enlarging sections of the screen, and the ability to eliminate fields that I don't use, but that's just cosmetic things. The program works great. Andriod and iPhone clients don't capitalize the first word in a sentence for some reason even though it does that in other applications. This causes editing issues later for me when I bill the customer. I get statements from my workers like "i moved sue's computer" and typically if I dictate in other applications it comes out like "I moved Sue's computer" -- I'm not sure why they don't use the typical text processors on the platform

By eBillity on November 16, 2018
Thank you very much for your business and your time with Time Tracker by Ebillity. We greatly appreciate the feedback, and the review you have taken the time to write here on Capterra. I would appear you encountered some technical difficulties when using Time Tracker. If you ever have any comments, questions, or concerns, please call us at 800-851-0992. Thank you again!
Arthur K.
Principal
Law Practice, Self-employed
October 15, 2018

“Good Product and concept WHEN it works but POOR Customer service when it doesnt!”

OverallIf I cant create invoices then it is useless to me. Fix your software and get appropriate support.
ProsThe software is good for time tracking and then it syncs with Xero so that I do not have to do any double entries. I am a single freelance user and it saves me time WHEN it works. When there are issues, and there will be, trying to fix them is time consuming. Customer service is practically non existent.
ConsPoor customer support - When there are issues, and there will be, trying to fix them is time-consuming. I am currently on hold to the telephone support and have been for 23 minutes now. I have been called one (yes 1) in the queue for all that time. Seems they have no one on the support desk to actually take the phone call. Also waiting for the online support person to answer my question for the last 20 minutes as well. Trying to create an invoice for a client. Have over $1,500 in work to bill out but the create invoice function seems to only be picking up the last two entries and wants to create an invoice for only $39. Can't figure out why. All the entries are approved and fall within the selected date range. Last time I tried to an create invoice I had the same issue and support couldn't figure out why and just created the invoice for me but never fixed the issue. Guess what, the very next invoice I tried to create I have the same issue. Now its been 30 minutes and still on hold. Also, the online chat function disconnected "because it was idle for too long" while I waited patiently for a representative to respond. The representatives are probably overworked and handling too many issues at once I suspect.

By eBillity on October 25, 2018
Hello Arthur. Thank you for leaving your feedback here on Capterra. I apologize for the lack of proper customer support. We are better than that and there is no excuse. We are available Monday through Friday, beginning at 10am. Feel free to contact me directly at 800-851-0992 Ext 108 .
October 15, 2018
Fritz W.
Architect
July 16, 2018

“I never needed any customer support and I don't know how much the software costs.”

OverallPaid.
ProsIt's the only computer software I have never needed help with. It keeps it simple.
ConsThat I have to fill out my timesheet on a computer -- period. I'm just pure old-school. I have no complaints, and want no gift or future surveys.
Martin D.
Administrative Clerk
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
September 30, 2019

“Expenses and Invoices are better tracked by Time Tracker. ”

OverallAll of our invoices, receivable payments and our expenses can easily manage without ant effort. It also allow me to create and make the best templates of expenses and recurrent invoices with also manage them properly. I can better track the time of billing and expenses and then receive the payments online. The invoices options and billing designs are so flexible by Time Tracker.
ProsWith the help of Time Tracker software, it is so easy for us to better manage all of our invoices by tracking the time billing and to create the customize invoices to get the payment transaction online in faster manner. It is a fully accounting and invoices software because it automatically manage our bank accounts and bank balance sheets assets. We are also able to send all of our invoices with payments to our customers. By Time Tracker, the scheduling of our payments with invoices and expenses are so great because we have a lot of controls about the information of our invoices. So, it is very easy to set up our operations, sales and inventory payments by this efficient software. The dashboards features really told me about my accounts conditions with excellent invoices and billing. If you receive your payment and send within a second, then you must need Time Tracker software.
ConsThe main drawback of Time Tracker software is that it does not have the ability to remind about the pending payments, sending invoices and receiving payments. It also does not provide the records of all the previous payments, contacts and store invoices but it has the ability to store the customer information for upcoming invoices, payments and accounts schedules.
September 30, 2019
Brett V.
IT Manager
Design, 11-50 employees
September 7, 2018

“TimeTracker by eBility review”

OverallOverall, we have been very happy with TimeTracker in our business, and would recommend to other companies seeking a time tracking solution.
ProsWe use Timetracker in our business to record employee work time. I like that we can create different jobs and allocations within the software to specify where employees record time and to what project or job. I also like the rich reporting features and the ability to access employee "time cards" from anywhere that has an internet connection.
ConsThe one thing I like the LEAST about this software is the web interface's tendency to become mixed up and VERY difficult to use after resizing on the screen. There are sizing "handles" top bottom and left right of the actual time entry form. This form can be dynamically stretched and adjusted to fit the screen of the monitor an end user is using. Unfortunately, on smaller monitors, the form itself gets mixed up and entry blanks shift all over the screen when adjusting form size. Fortunately, this issue can be fixed by a simple "reset" of the form back to standard. It's more of an inconvenience than issue.

By eBillity on October 4, 2018
Greetings. Thank you for the glowing review you left for using Time Tracker by Ebillity. We are always striving to make our product better and we are available to assist you in the future. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns you'd like to leave us, please feel free to give us a call at 800-851-0992. Thank you for your time and business.
September 7, 2018
Samantha O.
July 10, 2018

“We have had great success using this software. Easy to use, provides great, basic features.”

OverallAbility to work remotely
ProsThis software, while not as fast as working in QB, we have a lot of information at our disposal when not working from the office (where we use QB desktop). This has really been key in being able to have one person enter time, run reports, etc. when someone else is using the company file or if we are working remotely. The customer support team is FANTASTIC. We have an issue when we first set up our account and they were amazingly helpful. Informative, but not requiring us to do all the work to fix the problem. It took probably a couple of days, but really was a smooth experience. They are also responsive when we have quick, short questions. They make the overall experience nearly painless when dealing with technical issues.
ConsThe software is slightly slower than QB, which makes sense. One of the bigger frustrations is the inability to change items after they have been approved. We can change them in QB, but they'll never update in ebility. We have to do this a fair amount due to how we handle some of our prospective clients before they become a job. It makes the reporting feature less accurate. Other than that, there are a few features in QB that are not offered here, but that is not a major deal. Showing what items have been billed vs. not billed. The report window/feature could also be streamlined a bit more. It's a little clunky, but overall not bad. This is all of course based on our use.

“Reliable, easy-to-use”

ProsIt's easy to use; I just start the timer when I arrive at work, figure out what I'm working on, and go to work. When I switch tasks, I either start a new timer or make a note at where the timer is at. Then at the end of the day, I take a moment to review what I worked on and how much time was spent on each job. And at the end of each week or pay period, it's super easy to just submit the time to our controller and she pulls it into her payroll interface. Also, I really like the feature of copying tasks and times from the previous week into the current week. It saves some time in listing the multiple jobs that I work on from week to week.
ConsOccasionally, the software will "time-out" and I'll lose what tasks/time I had entered for the day up to that point in time. It's not a big deal to re-enter my time if I've only been working on 1 or 2 jobs. If I've been jumping around to multiple jobs, I just have to guestimate how much time I spent on each job and fill it in. This isn't the most accurate way to do it, but it only happens occasionally. Also, I wonder if there's a phone app that could be used in conjunction with the computer desktop application. If I'm on a site visit or traveling for business and not at my desk in the office, it'd be nice to be able to track my time on my phone app.
Teri L.
Bookkeeper/Office Manager
Design, Unspecified
July 10, 2018

“it's glitchy, but it's easy for my employees to use”

OverallI have less data entry work to do because my employees are responsible to enter their time sheets. We used to have hand-written time reports that I had to enter into Quickbooks daily. No more!
Prosmy staff often works on the same projects over the span of several weeks. the ability to copy their previous time sheet and then make amendments as needed is a real time saver for them and makes them more likely to get their time in by deadline with very little follow-up (prodding) from me.
ConsAny changes that I make to the timesheets do not sync back to the cloud; client jobs that are closed still show up on the app that my employees see and that confuses them

By eBillity on August 16, 2018
Hi Teri! Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity
Terri S.
Administrative Manager
July 10, 2018

“We have been with Ebillity since 2011 when Quick Books stop having Time Tracker. Many changes.”

OverallWhen we had no where to turn when Quick Books left us high and dry with no place to put our time and coordinate with billing Ebillity was there to help us. Ebillity worked with us to get its software to what we needed for our employees. They have come a long way in 7 years that we have been with them.
ProsNow, in 2018 from 2011 when we started using Ebillity there have been many changes for the good. It is much easier to use and faster. You are able to approve 1 day or 1 week at a time for your employees. Able to check off if the time is billable or non-billable. You have the choice of auto-save or not. Time is color coordinated Pending-Submitted-Approved, so you know the status at any given time. You can print out the time sheets by the week at any time. Print out reports by job or employee. Support team in the states have been very helpful, the outsourcing to another country was horrible----but have not had to use either for years now.
ConsThe printed out time sheet needs to be easier to read. There needs to be a space between each job so that it is not all run together.
Nathan L.
Geotechnical Lab/Field Manager
Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees
December 3, 2018

“Simple & Straighforward”

OverallOverall, I have had a great experience with Time Tracker. It's simple, and easy to learn. Adding new project names and numbers is fast. Exporting useful and detailed reports is great. I have had a good experience overall with the software.
ProsI like the simplicity of it. Everything is organized neatly in rows. It is a very straightforward layout and it's easy to learn. I am able to quickly train new hires in the use of the system and there are rarely any follow-up questions on how to use the software. That makes my life easier as a manager. I also love the report generation feature. We do a lot of field reports, and those are sent to the client separately from the billing process. I love being able to export a comprehensive report of what has been billed and comparing it against the reports that have been distributed. That makes staying organized a lot easier for me.
ConsI took an overseas trip and only had access to the software through the app on my phone. I found it very tedious to make entries through the app. I have employees who work in the field and who could theoretically save themselves office time if they entered their billable time directly from the jobsite. However, they have struggled through the process of using the app while on the go also, and have resorted to recording their time in their field books and then doing a bulk download from a desktop setup. That process is working, but it is not idea.

By eBillity on December 5, 2018
Hello Nathan. Thank you for using Time Tracker by eBillity! We greatly appreciate your time and business in using our product. The feedback you have provided is greatly appreciated as we continuing to improve our product. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please give us a call at 800-851-0992 at your earliest convenience. Thanks again!
December 3, 2018
July 31, 2018

“Simple and intuitive interface; easily track time on computer or phone.”

ProsIts simple and intuitive interface are my favorite aspect. I find that the actual actions of setting a running timer or filling in the times after the fact are both easy to do because the interface is designed in a way that one would predict it should be. The ability to carry over hours on the same task into the next day is very helpful as well due to the fact that as an attorney, often my tasks go way past midnight. This leads to greater clarity for the customer as to what she is being charged for which task that was done when.
ConsWhat I like least about Ebillity is the fact that it is very difficult to reconfigure the size of the columns in the Timesheets view. there is often not enough room for me to see the entire task description at one glance. Further, there is no way to set up standard task descriptions that could be more speedily added from a dropdown menue. Furthermore, if non-administrators could have access to viewing current billing and invoices without actually being able to change any data that would be a tremendous plus. In small firms, the billing administrator is not always around when clients have questions regarding their bills.
July 31, 2018
Stephen C.
Director, National Board
11-50 employees
July 13, 2018

“Hours tracking made simple.”

OverallFast and easy to setup and be productive. Simpler than using some of the other products on the market. Reasonable value for the money.
ProsThe application works through a web browser or my iPhone making it easy to track my hours as I go along. The report engine is simple but does what I need including making reports I can easily send to my clients in a professional looking format. It is simple to set up new customers and new items so that I can track as much or as little detail as needed.
ConsGoing back to change approved entries can't be done from the main week view session where the hours were first entered. Edits mean going to a separate view of a single line. I can see the rationale for this - the line was approved and therefore the status has to be pushed backwards, but an easier way would be nicer. A few user defined fields on some of the sessions would be helpful, especially if there became report criteria. I don't use QuickBooks for my invoicing, so having a manual check box marked INVOICED would be helpful (as an example).
VAN P.
Principal
November 13, 2018

“Small Architecture Firm Time Keeping”

OverallWe started using this in 2011 as a way to streamline employee time entry and integrate with our QuickBooks for billing. It's been a great asset and time-saver from that perspective.
ProsThis software allows us to easily track time both in the office, and via the mobile app, in the field, allowing for a more refined/granular tracking of employee tasks. It's flexible and allows not just for entry of time, but also the setting of timers to track time while working. The tech support is excellent, waits are usually short, and resolutions are most often reached in the first call.
ConsFor us, at least, there's a relatively frequent need to re-link TimeTracker to our QUickBooks software. It's not difficult, but with the support of TT support we did figure it out and it's now part of the routine , but was frustrating in the extreme until that. We also ended up with a couple of "ghost" projects in TT only that were confusing to staff, but again TT support, once we identified the problem, was prompt in assisting.
Michele N.
Accountant
Medical Devices, 1-10 employees
July 10, 2018

“I am the accountant and find it does everything I need, we utilize it fully”

OverallI think the product is working very effectively for us. I would not change anything!
ProsI love how it integrates with QB so easliy, love how it brings over complex transactions such as customers and jobs, service items, payroll items, class tracking, etc. I also love the chat function and have had nothing but excellent service!
Consthat some of my employees find that the mobile app does not work that efficiently. in the past (not recently) have had syncing errors which caused delays.

By eBillity on August 14, 2018
Hi Michele! Thanks for the honest review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity
Daniel S.
Staff Accountant
Biotechnology, 11-50 employees
July 10, 2018

“A great solution for employers with employees all over the place! Great Customer Service!”

OverallAbility to have employees worldwide enter their time quickly and easily to keep A/R as current as possible.
ProsI like the fact that you can have employees scattered all over the country or even all over the world for that matter and they can simply login and enter their time and submit it easily using eBillity and their easy to use GUI.
ConsI would like it to have better software for smartphones. I feel the app needs to be developed further and needs a better GUI. I think that most of the employees would use the app but it's hard enough to get them to enter their time let alone learning a new GUI. They need a simple easy to use interface that is bug freee.

By eBillity on August 16, 2018
Hi Daniel! Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity
Andy B.
Senior Engineer
Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees
April 12, 2019

“Great Add On Product for Quick Books Time Keeping”

OverallTime Tracker has been a Godsend for our company as we grow Nationwide. The ability to gather time from over 100 employees and have billing ready to go at the beginning of the month with a simply sync, has really helped our Company.
ProsThe ability to connect via download the time sheets from multiple employees at multiple locations throughout the Country has made this product very useful for us. As our business grew, it was impossible to just have each person enter their time directly into Quick Books, let alone expose the Quick Books data base to improper entries. To be able to keep an employees time sheet up to date from any device with an internet connection was vital. It has made our time keeping and billing much, much simpler.
ConsThe reporting feature is a little wonky. A little more polish on the front end to easily explain the options would be great. This is not a big stopper of the program however. Should not deter anyone from using the product.
April 12, 2019
Barbara F.
Attorney
Law Practice, 1-10 employees
November 12, 2018

“Great special purpose program”

OverallTime Tracker provides a good overall framework for billing clients. It syncs with Quickbooks which I am able to use to produce bills directly, bypassing a separate billing/accounting program. This has proven to be a good solution for my small law firm at a reasonable price.
ProsAs a lawyer it's very simple to keep it open and track time from anywhere
ConsQuickbooks integration used to be wonderful, but recently the syncing with Quickbooks has been spotty. It may be because Quickbooks recently introduced a new field and Time Tracker hasn't quite figured out where to sync the information from. However, when we contacted support about the syncing issue it took them days and days to even get back to us, much less fix the problem. Luckily they were able to eventually fix it, but when you rely on a software program to keep track of time for your livelihood this is incredibly frustrating. However there are not really any good standalone time billing programs out there.
Nathan M.
IT Coordinator
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
July 16, 2018

“It's very bare bones, but does the job. Wish the mobile app was better.”

ProsEasy to use, the webpage loads quickly. I like the scalable table that you can make larger/smaller. I like that when you can type to search and it does a wildcard search.
ConsSometimes the time doesn't get saved. The fields are small and can be hard to type a lot of text into. There aren't a lot of features and the mobile app isn't very good. It won't keep my signed in either, which is very annoying.

By eBillity on August 9, 2018
Hi Nathan! Thanks for the honest review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity
Asher G.
Production manager
July 11, 2018

“Online platform works well. Mobile platform is a hassle. ”

ProsThe online platform works just fine. The spreadsheet style view makes it easy to repeat tasks across a payweek and not need to enter job coding repeatedly.
ConsThe mobile platform needs significant improvement. Having to enter every piece of information for every item each day is a royal pain. We often have tasks that repeat throughout the week and many input errors come up when job coding has to be reselected.

By eBillity on August 9, 2018
Hi Asher! Thanks for the honest review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity
Kathryn O.
Pharmaceuticals, 1-10 employees
July 10, 2018

“It has been very positive!”

OverallBeing able to accurately track time for all customers, either while doing computer based work or on the go (by using the app on my phone). Peace of mind knowing that all employees are able to use the application and accurately track their time. This leads to happy and repeat customers
ProsUsing the app on my phone, able to access business functions when I'm on the go, that it has a pause and a stop feature on the tracking abilities-which I use quite a bit and feel that I can accurately and fairly charge my customers the exact time I do work for them. I like being able to sync it with Quickbooks and complete my invoicing in a time efficient manner.
ConsWe are a small company and regularly use 2 employees. On the very infrequent instance when we need to employ an outside consultant and create a user account for him too, we have to bump up our subscription to the next price level and cannot take ourselves down again when that job is over.
hugh k.
instructor
July 17, 2018

“once i figures out how to use the system i love it for inputting my time ”

Prosthe ease to enter my time and submit it for the classes I teach
Consnothing so far as a user is does everything I need
Caroline S.
Attorney
Law Practice, Self-employed
July 22, 2019

“Very to use time tracking and billing software”

ProsThe best thing I like about this software is that I can easily generate an invoice with my logo so it looks personal and professional. The user interface is intuitive and it's not difficult to find what you need in order to accomplish your task. I also like that there's an app so I can track my time when I am not in the office. This software is great and I highly recommend!
ConsI have only two criticisms and they are minor. One, there is a slight delay between pushing the start time button and the population of the drop down menu of my clients. Second, when a dialog box opens so that you can describe your activity, you have to scroll to the bottom in order to get to the bottom of this dialog box. Then, if you want to save your time, you have to either scroll to the very bottom or hit an arrow so that it minimizes. It seems to me that this dialog box could be constructed so that it appears on the screen without having to manually scroll to the bottom.
July 22, 2019
Maria G.
Construction, 1-10 employees
July 5, 2019

“Time Tracker is Great!”

OverallTime Tracker has worked well for us especially being able to have the field guys to log in their time onsite from their phone, when they need to.
ProsI like that you can customize the time and or expense reports in order to see the total values of either one.
ConsI haven't run into any problems, so I don't have any "cons" at this time.
July 5, 2019
Alexander J.
Director of Operations
Hospitality, 201-500 employees
March 19, 2019

“Time Tracker: One of Many Options Out There”

OverallOverall decent tool, but there are likely better options more specifically tailored to your industry.
ProsTime Tracker helps facilitate time tracking and payroll services. It is relatively easy to use and provides decent functionality to help with payroll and reporting needs. The tool is robust and easy to learn across the user base. The demo is a great way to try out the product before you decide to make any purchase for your organization.
ConsTime Tracker is priced relatively affordably, but there may be better options out there for your specific needs. Certain industries require specific regulatory integrations, which are difficult to integrate into the software and are not as seamless as I would have hoped. This means that there is still a lot of manual data entry required, reducing the functionality and seamless nature of the app.
March 19, 2019
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
August 21, 2018

“Plays Great with Quickbooks”

OverallWe have used eBillity for over six years and it has helped us bill our time every month. We enter thousands of hours each month. We have looked for alternatives in the past, but we always come back because it works so well. Whether you connect with QB or another accounting software, or just use it to track time and generate invoices, eBillity is a great choice for any company of any size.
ProsI like most the eBillity syncs with Quickbooks. eBillity allows our team to enter time as they are working. It also stores the entries and allows users or the admins to go back and adjust them if necessary. Pricing is a huge plus, too.
ConsIt's not very pretty and the setup process can be confusing if you're connecting it to QB.

By eBillity on August 23, 2018
Greetings! This is Support Agent Roberto from Ebillity. Thank you for the positive feedback and for your business. Please feel free to give us a call Monday Through Friday if you ever have any questions. (800) 851-0992 Thank you for your time!
August 21, 2018
William C.
Carpenter
Construction, 11-50 employees
July 17, 2018

“Very helpful desktop version, mobile app could use some ease of use features.”

OverallI'm not sure I benefit personally?
ProsI like that I can easily input my data with time-coded categories that can then be easily interpreted by my office administrator. Also, I appreciate being able to go back and edit errors, especially after I submitted my weekly information.
ConsThe mobile app always takes me a long time to input my data, especially after the day of. I feel like the ease of use in the mobile app could be improved. For reference, I have an iphone.

By eBillity on July 19, 2018
Hi William! Thanks for the review! We really appreciate your feedback. We would love t make your mobile time tracking experience easier, so would you mine elaborating on what features you would like t see on the mobile app in the features. Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. -Alex from eBillity
Camille S.
Owner/President
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11-50 employees
July 10, 2018

“We have used eBillity over the years for our business and it's usually been a very stable platform.”

OverallIt allows my agents to log their time on each client accurately and in real-time.
ProsIt's easy for my agents to log their time for our clients and add notes. Adding new projects is also really easy.
ConsThe downtime, although not frequent, is frustrating for our team. We operate 24/7, so we always have someone logged in. I know that downtime is inevitable, but it's still frustrating. Running reports seems really slow over the past month or two. The data does finally come up, but it seems to take a long time and I usually don't get any indication that it's retrieving the data. I've seen that trend in other software also and I don't like it there either. I also really dislike the new log-in to use my Intuit log-in (which I don't have) screen if I don't log-in quickly enough on the regular one. Why can't these both be on the same page? Why the redirect?
Maru K.
Project Manager / Project Architect
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
December 17, 2018

“Decent Time Tracking app for small businesses”

OverallOverall, it is a very simple time tracking tool with no other real function. It is great for small businesses to keep track of hours, but not the tool to use if you are more corporate or a larger company.
ProsIt's a simple time tracking app that is web-based so I can enter my time wherever I am located as long as I have internet access.
ConsTrying to enter your time entires using the mobile browser is excruciating. The page jumps around too much especially when you need to change the "Project". The pull down keeps automatically tries to fill in the project and the page jumps too much. If you are using Time Tracker, make sure to just use the computer web browser.

By eBillity on December 18, 2018
Hello Maru. Thank you for your buisness and your time using Time Tracker by eBillity. We appreciate the support and feedback you have provided. It appears you have been experiencing grievances with the mobile application. I would like to assist you in researching and resolving any problems you are encountering with the mobile application. We have a mobile developer in our support office Monday Through Friday. Please give us a call at 800-851-0992 at your earliest convenience and we will investigate what is causing the mobile appl on your phone to be inefficient. Thank you for your business and your time.
December 17, 2018
Zara G.
Human Resources Advisor
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 51-200 employees
November 14, 2018

“User friendly and affordable Time Tracking SW”

Overallvery happy, never experienced any major issues, always accessible, fast customer service, easy to administer, good reporting system, meets our company needs and expectation for a very reasonable price
Prosaccessible from anywhere simple to use even without any training affordable no contract necessary
ConsI so far have not yet come across any missing functionalities or obstacles We are a small enterprise and it may be less user-friendly for large corporations where the system needs to connect and talk to the payroll system or have more functionalities with more detail

By eBillity on November 16, 2018
Hello Zara Thank you very much for your business and your time with Time Tracker by Ebillity. We greatly appreciate the feedback, and the glowing review you have left for everyone here on Capterra! If you ever have any comments, questions, or concerns, please call us at 800-851-0992. Thank you for your business and your time.
November 14, 2018
Jonathan R.
Environmental Graphic Designer
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
November 6, 2018

“Time Tracker - Easy to use, all the time”

OverallMy overall experience has been positive. I was taught to use this over 2 years ago and of the several software I have used to input my working hours, Time Tracker is both the simplest and best at receiving and displaying a lot of info at once.
ProsWhat I appreciate most about Time Tracker is the ease of use. I've worked on 20+ different projects in a week, and I am able to list and categorize them all very easily and describe exactly what I had done with them. This benefits my managers as well, as they can see how time accumulates and where budget is going.
ConsI have ran into a few bugs, such as double clicking into some input fields will either delete my text / entry altogether or keep me from typing something else in until I've clicked out or refreshed the page. Minor blemishes on a good software, but present nonetheless.
November 6, 2018
Tim S.
Land Surveyor
July 14, 2018

“It is very simple and easy to use. Great for logging hours on multiple jobs each day”

ProsIt is set up straight forward so anyone can use it. I can keep the same job throughout the week and put hours o it for multiple days. This makes the billing so much easier for our office.
ConsThe app on the phone is complicated and not set up like the online version where you have to put actual times in instead of just hours

By eBillity on August 16, 2018
Hi Tim! Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity
Jena H.
July 13, 2018

“Good for tracking time, but that's it”

ProsIt's easy and straightforward to use. It does what it is supposed to do. You are able to create billable service items and see all of your time spend on each item.
ConsThere is a column in the "weekly" report that allows you to create classes for service items. I went through and made a bunch of classes because I track my time for licensing purposes that have different categories than our billable services. I thought I would be able to create a report that showed my time in each class. Alas, this column is completely useless. It doesn't show up on any report, and it is impossible see how much time was spent in each class. Tech Support was unable to help and wasn't able to describe the purpose of class column. I was disappointed to see that I could not further customize my time tracking.
Adam C.
IT Consultant
July 10, 2018

“Good base system, mobile app is getting better. Would like to see an Apple Watch app!”

ProsWeekly time sheets make it easy to rapidly input information. Also the Expense entry is very easy to enter information.
ConsMobile app has been very buggy, has slowly been getting better. Attempted to contact support about it, but was never given much information on a solution to app crashing. Finally fixed it after years

By eBillity on August 16, 2018
Hi Adam! Thanks for the honest review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity
Shelley C.
Designer
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
July 10, 2018

“I use this to put my time in for my job. It is clear and easy to use”

ProsI like that everything easy to use and easy to find. All of the jobs show up in a timely manner and it is clear how many hours I have submitted for the day.
ConsI don't like having to submit my time before I can get more slots to show up. Some days I do a lot of different jobs and after I submit my time, the time get's spread out so I can't see what I've already submitted very easily.

By eBillity on July 17, 2018
Hello Shelley, We greatly appreciate your review and feedback as this does help us on improving our product. However, when entering time from the weekly time sheets if you need more slots you can drag the arrow at the bottom of the sheet to get more rows without submitting your time. Please feel free to contact our support line to 1-800-851-0992 if this continues to be an issue and we will be more then glad to assist you with this concern. Thank you for your business and we look forward to speaking with you.
July 14, 2018

“The app works great. Its easy to keep track of everyone in the company. It only takes a few minutes”

OverallIt's an on the go way for me to keep up with hours and clients
ProsI like how there is an app that we can use and don't have to log online each time. It's nice to be able to keep clients on there from years back.
ConsThe app and the computer don't always sync and there are times that it takes forever to sync both of them. I don't like how it doesn't allow you to submit the same client over mulydays. Or to repeat a weekly client.

By eBillity on July 16, 2018
Thanks for the great review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy that Time Tracker has been a good fit for your company! We are excited to hear that you have been using our newly updated mobile apps! Regarding your syncing issue and the problem you are having with submitting for the same Client over multiple, I believe that these are problems that can both be solved very easily! To do get started on fixing these issues, please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support on this issue or anything else that you have questions about. -Alex from eBillity
Jeff W.
Painter
July 10, 2018

“Like going back in history to see previous job times. ”

ProsThe app is great easy to use. Like being able to go back and see previous times per job. Being able to pull up a job for a customer on a certain job description is great. Really helps with our estimates.
ConsWish the app had more options to choose from like the laptop version. Seems as if the app freezes up quite a bit where as the laptop version could be missing completely a customer that we have been soy with for a while. To remedy the problem you have to synchronize the program.

By eBillity on July 12, 2018
Hi Jeff! Thanks for the review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy that Time Tracker has been a good fit for your company! We are always striving to improve our product. Would you be able to elaborate on some of the issues relating to the app so we can make your time tracking experience even better? -Alex from eBillity
Devan G.
Design, 1-10 employees
July 10, 2018

“Easy to use for our small team!”

OverallThis has saved our office tons of time with entering billable hours! It also helps reduce errors and makes employee tracking a simple weekly function for us! We have been able to bill more frequently, thus improving our cash flow.
ProsI like that it integrates with Quickbooks, and will sync not only the time entered into our billing system, but that the time tracker sees our customers and service types as we add or edit them.
ConsI wish that we could use this product for entering reimbursable expenses with markup. We have looked into many options for this and they just don't work quite right with markup.

By eBillity on July 17, 2018
We greatly appreciate your review and feedback as this does help us on improving our product. Please feel free to contact us to 1-800-851-0992 if you have any questions or concerns and we will be more then glad to assist you. Thank you and we appreciate your business.
Theresa E.
Paralegal
Legal Services, 1-10 employees
May 7, 2019

“Might be good for a Litigation practice but for Intellectual Property practice choose something else”

OverallI am not happy with it. I've expressed my frustration with mgmt.
ProsIt has a website interface. There are options to download reports in pdf, csv and excel
ConsI find it clunky and less than ideal. Poor web interface. I have to use Google Chrome to view the interface; if I use any other browser, it becomes a multiple line entry and because it only shows a week at a time, the entering field gets confusing. We are an IP practice firm and I touch as many as 200-400+ matters each month. Entering time for the day is not smooth. Some days may have as many as 40 +entries. But the only view interface is for the week? I only want to view day record - not week. Sometimes I only want to view one client, but the way our interface was set up, we have to input both the client matter as one stream. Sometimes I need to go back and search past narrative text and that is not easy to do unless I generate reports. While there are hotkeys for short term auto inserted information, I would really like a macro that would auto insert the entire "canned" narrative. I would like to have multiple timers open to capture the various cases I'm working on, instead I only am able to open one timer at a time. I have created a spreadsheet for me to keep track of my time and would like to upload the spreadsheet into the software program to assist our Accounting group with capturing my time, but this option is not available either.
May 7, 2019
Financial Services, 10,001+ employees
September 11, 2018

“Perfect for Time and Expense Tracking”

ProsOur team uses Time Tracker on a daily basis and its been great so far, no major complaints. Expenses requests can be submitted for approval of higher-ups while on the road, which makes tracking so much easier and less time consuming. The layout and user interface are very basic, in a good way. All features are within reach and there is no significant learning curve as I am not the most technical person, and it did not take me long to learn the ins and outs of this tool.
ConsNo major complaints really. Perhaps more feature tutorials?

By eBillity on September 24, 2018
Greetings! Thank you for the great 9/10 review you left for us! We are glad Time Tracker is the right fit for you. If you ever have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to call us at 800-851-0992! Thanks again!
September 11, 2018
Emily C.
Computer Networking, 1-10 employees
July 13, 2018

“The web based portion is great! The app is hard to work with and does not purge prior pay periods.”

OverallMore consistency with time entries which makes for easier client billing.
ProsThe "time sheet" is easy to use. Seems to have plenty of lines for entering different task descriptions throughout the week. If the user has "approved" his/her time, the Entries at the Dashboard make final approval easy.
ConsThe app seems crowded after a few weeks of use with all entries still in the screen. It is difficult to be sure you have completely entered hours and to be sure they are in the correct days if you are entering them a day or two later. As an administrator I must look through all of the possible entry names to make sure all hours for the time period are "approved" - I do not think the users realize they need to approve them for the entries page to populate so that I can bring the hours into QuickBooks to do payroll with all of the hours that need to be there. There does not appear to be a way for the user to indicate that the hours are overtime or sick time other than making a note -- which if the note is at the end of the description can easily be missed.
Michael B.
July 10, 2018

“It's reliable and works well with my construction business”

OverallIt keeps all of my hourly employees time in one central place
ProsIts simple and intuitive. For tracking hours for my 1099 subcontractors it's easy and I can make very useful reports quickly.
ConsI would like a minimal set of additional features that are only available in a package that doubles my monthly payment. I tried this package for 2 months and still couldn't get it to work right.

By eBillity on July 12, 2018
Hi Michael! Thanks for the great review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy that Time Tracker has been a good fit for your business! We would like to know more about the additional features that you desire, to see if we can help you out. Feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support on this issue or anything else that you have questions about. -Alex from eBillity
Joey P.
Staff Engineer
Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees
July 10, 2018

“Easy to use, intuitive, and useful tool for time tracking. ”

OverallAccess from multiple devices.
ProsEase of access, with support on mobile devices. I can access timesheets with phone or tablet. The ability to quickly and easily generate reports is very helpful in project and budget management.
ConsWhen manually adjusting the column widths on the time entries page, the table format gets messed up when moving the window to a different resolution screen. Whenever this happens, I have to reset to default table dimensions and resize manually. NBD, but it's something that can be improved.

By eBillity on August 23, 2018
Hello Joey, We are glad to hear that you like our product. Regarding the format of the table being messed up when adjusted please contact us to 800-851-0992 and we will be more then glad to assist you with that issue. We appreciate your business and thank you for your feedback.
Elizabeth L.
paralegal
July 10, 2018

“Works well but no technical support”

ProsThis software is very user friendly and easy to learn. It keeps track of errors and the shortcut key features you can implement are a time saver.
ConsWhen you have a problem it is hard to get help when something malfunctions. I had one bad experience and needed help but was unable to find the resource to help me which ended in me having to involve our outside tech team.

By eBillity on July 17, 2018
We greatly appreciate your review and feedback as this does help us on improving our product. We do apologize that you have had a bad experience with our support team as we try our very best to make sure we assist our customer the best way we can. Please feel free to contact our support line to 1-800-851-0992 in the future if you come across any issues and we will be more then glad to assist you. Thank you for your business and we look forward to speaking with you.
Computer Software, 5001-10,000 employees
November 9, 2018

“Just some notes”

ProsMobile access. I hate having minimum limits to fill in blocks of text in order to get to the next step in this process.
ConsRepetitive questions each time a new week is created. I go through the same exact sequence. "Copy without filling in hours...". Be nice if there was some persistence that remembers my default selections. Why do you have a "Remember Me" check box on the login screen? Doesn't seem to be any difference if selected or not. As a contractor, I have to fill in two separate timesheets. Annoyingly, these tools add to my workload. With that in mind, If I work overtime on weekends, the other timesheet has a different start-end week. When the timesheets don't match, I get nasty e-mails from HR. Yes, I realize you have no control over this. unless you can make a column that applies to the next timesheet that doesn't get totalled?! It would be nice if you could import/export from other products. With some kind of transform, the transfer could create/modify future/current/past timesheets. So, Import/export, or, better, a link?
November 9, 2018
BJ N.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
October 3, 2018

“Simple tool for tracking and billing hours work”

OverallWe use this to track our time down to the minute. Although there are other alternatives, none are as simple to use as this one!
ProsIt's quick and easy to jump in and track some time against a work item that you're billing to the client.
ConsI wish there were more categories for the "work items". Also, I don't like that the client name is prepended to each work item. If your client or project name is long, it'll push the content out of view in the dropdown (select element), forcing you to expand it so you can confirm you've clicked on the correct work item.

By eBillity on October 4, 2018
Hello BJ . Thank you for leaving a positive review of Time Tracker by Ebillity. I am a customer support agent with Time Tracker. We are always striving to make our product the best that it can be. We have new features, like Geolocation, available now, with new features coming soon. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please give us a call at 800-851-0992. Thank you for your business and your time.
October 3, 2018
Angela L.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2018

“Nicely Designed Time Tracking & Billing Software”

ProsOptions for assigning a project to a customer and choosing time as both billable and unbillable. Phone app makes tracking meetings a breeze. Connects with Quickbooks Online which creates a time tracking and accounting system partnership that works really well for my business. Invoice format is designed well, it is clean, modern and professional looking.
ConsIt is possible to hit some dead ends while navigating the online program. When pre-billing hours it is not possible to view the pre-bill invoice it only shows the deposit amount that can be applied. It allows a user to accidentally pick a date in the future, it would be nice to have a way to have an alert show up. Price is higher than similar programs to start but when you have to add additional users it start to balance out.

By eBillity on October 3, 2018
Greetings Angela. Thank you for the 8/10 review you left us. We value your feedback as we continue to make improvements in our product. Please feel free to call us at 800-851-0992 if you wish to voice any comments, questions, or concerns. Thank you for your business.
September 25, 2018
Jayson J.
July 11, 2018

“Overall, timesheet is easy to use and efficient.”

ProsThe auto-save functionality is great; this feature is surprisingly missing on many timesheet systems. Copy last timesheet is also very helpful and time saving.
ConsThe timesheet system is unable to offer a semi-monthly timesheet. Other systems I've used have offered this functionality. For employees who have to balance their hours out over a pay period (not week to week), it is far easier for them, and their approving supervisor, to validate that their pay period hours are on target/not over when the full pay period (semi-monthly for example) is displayed. the customer representative has offered this for over a decade and a half at least; there's really no excuse that this function is not available.
Business Supplies and Equipment, 501-1000 employees
November 12, 2018

“A great Timekeeping tool”

OverallPleased with our usage of TimeTracker!
ProsThe tracking of both payroll times and expenses of any sort works very well, and I've had no problems with incomplete punches or missed time It integrates perfectly with lots of other popular apps out there, such as Quickbooks or Xero There's also a good amount of mobile accessibility on any device Creating new cards and jobs works well
ConsThe customer service takes a while to ever get back to you, and any pressing concerns you have will take a while to get answered which is a big hassle The software, while fast, has slight hiccups at times and can be slow to load certain, heavier loads of info

By eBillity on November 13, 2018
Hello. Thank you very much for leaving a review of time Tracker by Ebillity. We greatly appreciate your feedback and support. If you ever have any comments, questions, or concerns, please give us a call at 800-851-0992. Thank you!
July 13, 2018

“Great value and ease of use”

OverallEfficient and convenient entry of time for services rendered.
ProsEase of entry in all platforms: PC/iPad/Android Phone. Integration with QuickBooks is very good, and now allows the creation of clients and service items within TimeTracker.
ConsAs a lawyer who provides services to clients on various matters based on time, the use of "Customers" and "Service Items" is not intuitive. Issue is more related to QuickBooks than TimeTracker, as TimeTracker needs to conform to the accounting program that has online limitations for service providers. So long as I use QuickBooks, this will likely remain an issue, but TimeTracker still integrates very well and I am unaware of anything better for me with this value.
Ross K.
Vice President
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
July 10, 2018

“Great Online Time Tracking Solution, But Not Perfect ”

OverallIt's great to have an online solution because it enables us to track and manage billable time, in real-time. The mobile app is nice too.
ProsWe chose to use eBillity because Intuit quit supporting the QuickBooks Timer, which we had used for years. We wanted something that would sync seamlessly with QuickBooks desktop for billing purposes, and support multiple congruent users. Once we got everything setup, everything is very easy to use, with multiple ways of recording time depending on your preference. When we have had to contact support, they promptly respond and are great to work with.
ConsIt's not easy to setup correctly, and easy to mess up the setup once complete. We've had to contact support multiple times due to sync issues. The software does not support separate areas for billable time tracking and employee time clock tracking, which would be handy.