Grants Network Ratings

Overall

About Grants Network

eCivis Grants Network is the most trusted and widely used grant management software by state and local governments and tribes. Our enterprise SaaS grant management system offers an innovative suite of applications addressing every stage of the grants life cycle. Visit our website to see why thousands of organizations choose us. Learn more about Grants Network

Sarah D.
Grants Management Specialist
March 28, 2018

“I am a grant writer and I love this program. ”

Overall1. Ability to research grants and access the necessary details. 2. Store all documents in one location and share access to those documents with only the appropriate people.
ProsI like the grant search functions but most importantly the grant tracking from beginning to end. I've been writing grants for 30 years, back before the internet, so I really understand and appreciate all this program does to help find and manage grants. The tutorials are short and to the point so when I need to learn about a function I have immediate access to learn how to do it. Having the ability to track and report with reminders of deadlines is one of the most valuable features in my mind especially in larger organizations that are juggling the management/compliance of many grants. For a large organization the cost of this software replaces a staff position that would cost as much but I'm convinced would be less efficient and likely more exposed to more errors. I would like to see eCivis come up with a smaller, affordable, simplified version (i.e. less bells & whistles) for small non-profits that just need to manage a handful of grants. Grant searching, writing and managing the grant really cut into programmatic responsibilities for these smaller organizations.
ConsI don't really dislike anything about this software. From time-to-time I have thoughts of little things I wish were done differently or they would add but they haven't been important enough to keep record of.
Greg T.
Grants Specialist
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
February 11, 2019

“No Missed Opportunities”

OverallMy department was barely treading water with about $200,000 in grant awards per year. In the past three years we have increased our awards and now manage about $1.3 million annually. eCivis delivers - it is that simple.
ProsPrior to subscribing to eCivis I was searching endless websites and grant giving foundations. It is daunting to search EVERYTHING. I compiled a long list of funders to search year after year in the hopes of being able to apply for a grant with enough time to complete the application. Most of the time I was already past the deadline or only had a few days to complete the application. eCivis changed all that - I no longer search the internet I get up to date grant openings that fit my requirements and this allows me the time to put together the appropriate team members and complete the application on time.
ConsI work for a relatively small school district with 15,000 students so I am the Grants Department. eCivis has huge capability for cities, universities, etc... managing dozens of huge grants all at the same time. The software is sophisticated for large grant management needs and is too much for my smaller needs. I rely on eCivis for finding grant opportunities that I would not find otherwise.
February 11, 2019
Tara P.
Museums and Institutions, 11-50 employees
March 28, 2018

“We use eCivis to search and apply for grants we normally could not find on our own.”

OverallAn easy way to research grant opportunities in one safe and secure location.
ProseCivis is an easy to use software that allows us the opportunity to research and apply for grants. Each grant is broken down to a concise summary that gives users the opportunity to review the grant to determine if they are eligible to apply. Users should review the grant's NOFO for more details, but users don't have to feel like they are wasting time by reviewing pages of a NOFO to find out they are not eligible to apply.
ConsThe search engine requires the user to be specific with its search requests. We work at a nonprofit museum and are looking for funding of restoration projects, museum collection assistance, and group tours, but sometimes when searching through eCivis it becomes difficult to find the required grants. We have been looking for restoration and preservation grants for buildings and items, but the search engine provides grants for paintings or other art related pieces.
Linda Burke D.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
April 18, 2019

“Grant Writers Resource”

OverallIn my opinion, eCIVIS , rather than solving business problems, presents our non-profit with opportunities to find additional funds to continue to provide high quality services which help individuals with Down syndrome become as independent as possible.
ProseCIVIS allows me to search for grants that are beyond the usual local foundations with which we partner. We actually have found a few new grantors, who share our commitment to persons living with Down syndrome and were willing to give us a grant. The format provides easy access to information about specific grant opportunities. Within just a few minutes, it is possible to determine if our organization is eligible to apply for a grant. The inclusion of grant guidelines tells me if this is an opportunity we should pursue. The selection of grants presented gives me a good idea of the trends among grantmakers. Using eCIVIS is always a positive experience.
ConsThe only negative is that eCIVIS lists just a few grant opportunities relevant to our organization. Just kidding, of course. What grant writer wouldn't like a huge list of grant possibilities specific to their cause?
April 18, 2019
Rebecca L.
Grant Development Specialist
June 27, 2018

“Cloud-based management lets me access my grant files from anywhere.”

OverallEase of use, single source for grants from beginning (prospecting and application) to end (grant management and closure), online platform accessible from anywhere, ability for multiple users, and great customer service.
ProsThe thing I like most is that I can access my files even when not at my desk. Once I got the hang of using the system (the online video tutorials were really helpful), it has become a handy tool for keeping my grant management files organized. I also utilize the grant search functions on a weekly basis. I like that I can set up search alerts for specific words and topics. I've also had excellent experience with customer service. Each time I've had a question or concern, they have responded to my inquiry right away and resolved the issue quickly. Overall, it's been nice to have a single tool to search for grants, manage applications, and manage awarded grants all in one place.
ConsThe only thing I wish was a little better was the geographic filter on the grant search function. I still get a lot of grants pop up in my searches that are not available in my state or region.
June 27, 2018
Kai W.
Sr. Management Analyst
Government Administration, 10,001+ employees
April 5, 2018

“The eCivis System helps with locating potential grants that we would have discovered after the fact”

ProsThe software allow the search criteria to take in several fields to search for the grants. It can search for several grants categorically and by the entities providing grant opportunities. It allows the users to save their grant search criteria for several tropics so the users don't need to recreate the search criteria . The software is also being develop where the information can be retained for each grants that was applied for and awarded. It makes a great tracking system instead of maintaining several spreadsheet to track all of the grants.
ConsNavigating and trying to figure where everything is located. Even during training, I got lost of which tabulation that the trainer was in. It is easy once I figured out where everything is.
Bashar D.
Program Analyst
Government Administration, Unspecified
April 6, 2018

“Customer service is great--Anthony Torres is amazing. ”

OverallStay organized and on track with inter departmental tasks. Keeps documents in one place and easy to find.
ProsIt's ease of use--very straightforward. I like the tasks and workflow features--they are very useful internally and make eliminate all the paper between departments. Tracking it and the time it's in a department is great too.
ConsScheduling reports takes too long. I think "simple tasks" should actually be simple. The scheduled report feature should be easier and all report should be camped under one or two folders in the eCivis documents section. There's no point is seeing a thousand different folders for various reports, as long as dates of reports are maintained. For example, we only need 1 folder for Progress Reports and 1 folder for FFRs.
Cindy L.
Systems Grant Administrator
April 6, 2018

“I wish the process was a little more user-friendly as often, there is little time for data entry.”

ProsI completely LOVE the ability to search for grants and some of the resources attached. The research capability is the MAIN reason we have not totally stopped using eCivis. This is a wonderful tool and a much appreciated benefit.
Consfor me, it isn't as user friendly as I thought it would be, which in turn, led me to not be using it to the fullest capacity I could have been. With little time on our hands for data entering, etc... trying to wend my way through the process of the system became a little cumbersome. I also was not extremely comfortable with the fact that more often than not, the current grant opportunities that I was aware of in our part of the country were either 1) not updated from previous years or 2) not there at all. Further, when I sent information to eCivis for them to enter it into the system (they do a better job at that than I do on my own because of the not-so-user-friendly process) it took longer than was conducive to what I needed. I would be working on a grant opportunity, ask for it to be entered into eCivis, and weeks later, I would receive a notice that it was entered...most often way after the grant had been submitted, awarded, etc...
Greg T.
Grants Specialist
April 3, 2018

“eCivis has allowed me to focus more on writing grants, than searching for grants.”

OverallI have more time to do other than things than search for grants and read grants that are dead ends.
ProsI no longer have to scour the internet looking for grant opportunities; eCivis does that for me. There is nothing worse than finding a great grant opportunity, but then to learn that you have one week to complete the application. eCivis informs me of these same great opportunities the day they come along which allows me the time to complete them. Besides informing as they come along, they also find grants that I would never have found on my own.
ConsThe grant management side of the software is prepared to take on every contingency possible. Because of this ability, it is pretty complicated to navigate. If you are working for a city or university, then the management side of this software would be much more helpful than for a small school district like me. However, even for a small school district, this software is still well worth it.
April 3, 2018
Dorian G.
Special Project Assistant
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees
March 30, 2018

“Great management tool and easy to use. ”

OverallSave on time when creating reports.
ProsSearch engine and organization of eCivis is beneficial to me at the moment. Being able to create a report with a few clicks is great.
ConsNeed to have a better step by step guide for user (stages of each process to do). pre-award, receiving and post-award. Need more fields that can mirror City of Miami financial system Oracle. Need to be able to run a report for grant writers (check productivity) grants awarded/submitted. Some programs have goals already so it is double work inputting goals in eCivis and on program site.
Martha S.
Grant Specialist
April 5, 2018

“I have been using Grants Network for years and have found it a very reliable source for grants.”

ProsI can do both a very focused email, and I can do a broader brush email of grant opportunities. I read both and can then either click on the link to eCivis for a quick overview, or I can go directly to the grantor site for specific information regarding the opportunity. This saves me time and trouble looking through countless opportunities to find those of most interest to my organization.
ConsGrants Network makes my job almost too easy. Other than that, I really cannot find anything I do not like about this software.
Gary W.
Vice President
May 25, 2018

“A helpful software to help 501c3 non-profits!”

ProsI have been a part of a team that has used Ecivis off and on for the past several years. We have been assigned a (human) contact anytime we have questions, concerns, and etc. This is a great feature by itself. We also receive weekly and monthly grant updates, which makes it a more manageable experience to find grants. We have used other grant-seeking programs, and this trumps the others by far due to the variety of grant opportunities! Last but not least, because we are located in a county that has been given access to use Ecivis for free.
ConsOccasionally, when the information gets sent out via email, there is a lot of grant detail (in really small print) that tires the eyes. You can still get around this by logging in to your account, but it can still be difficult when viewing on a mobile device.
May 25, 2018
Felipe P.
March 27, 2018

“Using eCivis for grant research has been a fantastic no-hassle experience.”

ProsAbove all else, ease of usage is the most beneficial aspect of the eCivis system. The interface is simple, clean, and effective in communicating the most important aspects of grants to users, making the searching process one which is relatively painless and improving the efficiency of narrowing down eligible grants.
ConsThe overall visual look is rather plain, but this is a small nitpick, as the efficiency of the system overall negates the need for a flashy visual appeal.
Aelena S.
Grant Analyst
Government Administration, 5001-10,000 employees
April 5, 2018

“Being able to filter the grant search and receive a Summary of the RFPs makes work life much easier.”

OverallSurveyed on the purchased software, which is very beneficial.
ProsWhat I like about the eCivic software is having the RFP Summarized. This is very time and cost effective for our Department. It also, helps we see others interpretation of different components on the solicitation.
ConsThe time the summary is posted; however, it's very understandable because the RFPs consist of several pages.
Melissa D.
Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees
August 3, 2018

“Mediocre Product with a High Price Tag”

ProsIt did give easy access to government funding profiles without having to log into each government agency's sites. It could all be done in one place. I did also like that I could search across multiple agencies for one common concept.
ConsI couldn't always find what I was looking for, and it was incredibly, incredibly expensive. I am a small freelance grantwriter working for a variety of clients and I could not get a membership to access the site myself. I only had access through one of my non-profit clients. When that access ended, so did my experience with Grants Network. The non-profit was unwilling to pay the high price tag for a research site, and I couldn't pay for myself (Grants Network rule, not mine).
August 3, 2018
David G.
Environmental Manager
March 28, 2018

“The most thorough, timely, and comprehensive listing of available grants that I have seen. ”

OverallDaily updates on availability of potential grants.
Pros The software is very easy to use. It provides all the necessary information about potential grants. The synopsis presented in the listing makes it easy to review the list to find those grants that would pertain to my department's needs.
ConsI believe an improvement to the software would include partitioning the list of grants into categories, such as :legal, social services, libraries, environmental, etc.
Megan O.
Student Services Specialist
April 5, 2018

“Beneficial to my purposes, easy to understood and to use. Clear display of all information.”

OverallQuick and easy access to multiple grant opportunities relevant to the parameters I was searching within.
ProsEasy use of search parameters and quick results provided. I'm new to the system and it was easy to learn and utilize, and provided me a lot of options while I was looking for grants for that initial project I needed it for. I like the ease of use and how informative the postings are once you get to them and being able to refer to them later made life easier while trying to track which to apply for, and which I'd already ruled out.
ConsThe only real con I have is the number of emails I received by eCivis and even that wasn't really too intrusive, and sometimes I found the information to be helpful regarding using the tool in the future. Overall, I think it's a good product and I'm still new to using it so I haven't identified any serious flaws that have prevented me from using it.
Higher Education, Unspecified
April 5, 2018

“I use it everyday multiple times for different reasons.”

ProsThe different features of grants management. I like having that in the same place as I do my grant searches. Also, I like the ability to email solicitations directly to staff and mail groups.
ConsNone at this time. I have never had an issue with it and use it every day. None of the other users in the district have mentioned any issues with it either.
Sylvia O.
Grant Manager
March 28, 2018

“eCivis has made searching for grant opportunities significantly more efficient.”

ProsI like how each grant page summarizes the most important details of each grant opportunity. It is very helpful when there is a previously awarded application.
ConsThe post-award side of the software have not been as user friendly as the pre-award, but that may be because our organization is still learning how to best use post-award capabilities.
Jean M.
Senior Planner
September 16, 2015

“Grant Research ”

OverallThe Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation Department has utilized eCivis over the past several years to research grant opportunities. Our Department applies for over $2 million in capital grant funding annually, and this service has allowed us to expand our search beyond our standard development grants to programming grants as well as funding opportunities that are available only non-profits. The Department has successfully established 'Friends of' groups at our three nature centers, and we are looking to partner with these groups as well as other outside non-profits to expand our ability to apply for additional capital and programming grants. eCivis offers several excellent features. The ability to research a grantor's past funding history allows our staff to determine whether a grantor's mission aligns with your proposed project. eCivis also sends a daily email which lists new grant opportunities as well as updates. The updates have been extremely beneficial, as often a second round of funding is advertized mid-cycle and our staff might not be aware of the new cycle if it weren't for the notification. When available, eCivis also includes past grant applications in their entirety, which is helpful in reviewing applications which have previously received funding. I would highly recommend eCivis to organizations interested in pursuing grant funding.
September 16, 2015
Lois H.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
March 29, 2018

“Great site to do Grant Research and find grants”

ProsI like the fact it is easy to use and when I have a specific grant I need to research the software makes it easy to do.
ConsI really have no issue with the software.
March 29, 2018
Tina P.
Director of Business Development
Education Management, 51-200 employees
April 5, 2018

“I have been using ECivis for years. I am able to research and find potential funding easily. ”

OverallI have found funding to support our Early Childhood programs. I have suggested it to others, and even send links to others for potential funding sources.
ProsEase of use. I can easily switch from searching for a grant, to learning more about potential funders. I love how I can connect to their websites through ECivis.
ConsGrants that are past the submit deadlines are still shown in searches. I would prefer to only see current available funding sources.
Kailee W.
Grants & Records Management Administrator
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees
April 2, 2018

“I have had all positive experiences with eCivis. ”

OverallAble to find grants all in one location, which is very helpful.
ProsI like that I am able to pinpoint the types of grants I am looking for. I like that I can email through the system to users that do not have eCivis. I like the reminder task notification emails.
ConsI don't really have any cons. Our city only uses the pre-award portion, which I have found to be very easy to use.
Daisy B.
Development Executive
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

“User friendly!”

ProsWith most grant software I was unable to have other people work on them. There was always an issue about who would do what and when the project would be completed. With this program I am able to have multiple users registered in one grant project. There I can assign a specific task to someone and can go back and see the progress that has been made to it. This has helped greatly because we have a team of three that usually works on the same grant.
ConsOne of the issues that I have been experiencing is getting the search agent that I hae emailed to me to give me the appropriate grants that I am looking for. I have made specific change sin the filter area but I still get grant notifications that are not relevant to what the organization and does. Therefore, I cannot apply and it just gives me more work to do because I have to filter through the grants that should have already been filtered by the program. If there were more options when creating the search engine agent I think it would give more accurate results and create a better search.
11-50 employees
April 5, 2018

“Comprehensive, user-friendly government and national agency grant-seeking software.”

ProsVery comprehensive for government and national-level grant opportunities. Very easy to use and quick to learn. Great resource for continued learning, with webinars, manuals, documents, and more!
ConsStrong focus on government and national opportunities, without many local/regional options. Layout/platform can feel a bit institutional/mundane. More colors would be nice!
Mark K.
Information Services Director
Government Administration, 501-1000 employees
March 28, 2018

“The software is very easy to use and has an intuitive interface.”

OverallIt has helped us become better at evaluating our projects and thinking outside of the box when it comes to looking for funding options.
ProsEase of use, consistency of placement of the critical elements needed to make decisions. The weekly updates are also great for keeping me in the mindset of looking for grant opportunities.
ConsThere really haven't ran across anything negative in using the software. I left a mid pack response on the value question within the survey simply because I'm not involved with the financial decision to use eCivis. Operationally, it's great!
Jenae M.
Administrative Assistant
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
April 5, 2018

“Easy to find what I am looking for. ”

ProsI am able to break down exactly what I am looking for to find funding opportunities for the department in which I work. I am able to easily determine if the grants found will work within the mission of the institution I serve to best aid in the success of our students and campus.
ConsThe timeframe in which some of the grants must be submitted once finally posted to the site, even though this is at no fault of the site, but something determined by the grant committee submitting the grant to the site.
Cassandra M.
Grants and Accounting Coordinator
March 28, 2018

“Massive functionality and robust data mining”

ProsMassive functionality. The end-user does well to complete periodic refresher courses to keep abreast of all the features offered by the software.
ConsPricing may be a challenge for smaller organizations. Not sure if the price point could be commensurate to the number of users, organization asset size, or type of organization.
Athena B.
Grant Writer
March 27, 2018

“eCivis has been a great tool to have and the support staff has been just as wonderful.”

ProsI love how user friendly the software is and how available the staff is to help us. Even if staff is not available, they always make the time to reach out to us and make an appointment.
ConsIt would be helpful if we could get grants targeted specifically for our state as opposed to getting several that we are not eligible for.
Eric C.
Grant Analyst
November 13, 2014

“Grants Network”

OverallOverall a good deal of customization would be required to add significant value to the process wherein grants are currently being centrally tracked. Still, eCivis adds a friendly windows format and a means for different departments to access their grants. The "Grant" and "Project" concepts theoretically mirror the County's, but there seem to be a number of mis-matches, i.e., fields that might belong in Projects are in Grants, and vice-versa. Certain fields that exist, such as defining the total amount available, do not seem to be as relevant, as other potentially useful fields which are not captured at all (e.g. Commissioners Court dates, FTEs, ability to track award budgets at the object level, among others) The grant library does not seem to be updated with many of the grants that the County applies for, and the process of adding them to the Library is time-consuming and eCivis seems to rely on the County to document this. Search fields are not matched well to the County's specific needs: for example, there are two fields for Health -- Prevention, and Research. The County's need is mostly Public Health, and there is no field for that. Further, it would be helpful to have sub-fields within broad categories such as Public Health (Epidemiology, Family Planning, HIV-AIDS, WIC, etc). eCivis features a tool to send emails periodically on new grant opportunities, not unlike tools already in use such as grants.gov. The tool allows for some customization, but many of the hits that come back are extraneous. Still, this has been the most popular feature of eCivis to date. I've kept this fairly short, but where many of the features could be critiqued, the overall comment is that eCivis is not a bad system, and could be a good system for less complicated jurisdictions. Short of that, a good deal of customization would need to be added, or the grant tracking module significantly revamped to address more than basic needs.
November 13, 2014
Robin S.
Grant Writer
Government Administration, 5001-10,000 employees

“AWESOME!! ”

OverallFinding grants I never knew existed!
ProsI love that I can easily look up grants and find different types. This is a GREAT service!! I love that it gives you options for foundations, federal and state.
ConsI do not like the feature of looking at a grant and having to go back in and out to see certain tabs. Instead of saving a grant, I would like to tag it for interest for later review and if I close out of the grant, it takes me back to the top and I cannot remember what I looked at and didn't in a long list.
Marta R.
Grants Researcher
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1001-5000 employees
March 27, 2018

“As a Grants Researcher, it gives me great leads to new grant request for proposals!”

OverallThis software helps me when searching for grants for our faculty on campus. Also, I put together a bi monthly report with upcoming deadlines for grants that might be of interest of anybody on our campus, and the Daily New and Updated reports that I get from eCivis is an invaluable tool for that purpose.
ProsDaily New and Updated Grants Notification. Easy to navigate website. Great tool for researching specific Primary Investigators needs; from programmatic needed funds, to specific disease or research needs.
ConsSome are not relevant to my needs. Since I am solely interested in looking for open calls for proposals for grants health related, I do not utilize the website for all of its capacity, so my input is limited to what I used, which is the daily new grant and updated notifications.
Stan N.
Director, Planning and Research
November 20, 2014

“Lee County Sheriff's Office review of eCivis Service”

OverallECivis is a valuable tool for the Lee County Sheriff's Office. I use it regularly to search for supplemental funding for a wide range of projects. I also review the email blast of new grants available on a daily basis. Perhaps the most valuable feature is the function that updates users on any changes to saved grant announcements. We apply for multiple recurring grants that never seem to have the same release date. This feature alerts our agency whenever there is a change for saved grants. It's a time saver and a safety net to help ensure that we don't miss an important grant that we depend upon for continued operations. Other positives include secondary information listed with some of the announcements, including prior funded agencies, grant and recipient contacts and a brief assessment to help determine whether the grant should be investigated in further detail. eCivis staff regularly offer assistance and training, which newer members of my division have used to their satisfaction. I appreciate the service and think it is a benefit to the Lee County Sheriff's Office and Lee County as a whole.
November 20, 2014
Erin K.
Director, OMB
Government Administration, 501-1000 employees
April 6, 2018

“eCivis is easy to use and staff is extremely helpful. ”

ProsEase of use and various layers of grants management. Provides for all levels of grants management for an organization.
ConsSome times hard to send grant opportunities to non-users within organization. Takes a few extra steps then simply forwarding an email with opportunity provided for review.
Sarah B.
Administrative Assistant
April 5, 2018

“E-civis for Alachua County nonprofits is a huge benefit.”

ProsInformation is easy to access and to assess. It's very complete, and generally really clear as to what the funding organization is looking for.
ConsLots and lots of things, so sometimes hard to sort down to our specific needs. There are many opportunities, but only some of them are good fits.
Nathan D.
Grants Coordinator
March 27, 2018

“I use eCivis to research grant opportunities for the City of Tulsa.”

ProsI like the variety of grant opportunities that eCivis lists on a weekly basis. These are opportunities that I may not have known about were it not for eCivis.
ConsSometimes, the time period between when the grant opportunity is posted on eCivis and when the application is actually due may be too short.
Claudia S.
Grants Coordinator
November 14, 2014

“eCivis - The One Place to Get Everything for Grants”

OverallThe system allows me to search by topic and to subscribe so that I get e-mails when my Key Words are mentioned in a Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA). My primary goal is to search for federal funds. The eCivis system has a tab for the pertaining documents where they have the Federal Register for the NOFA, the applications, and all published information. I don't have to go and search the agency for the information, if it has been published, I can find it on eCivis. There are many private opportunities available. Make sure you have a network in your organization so that your grant person can funnel this information to the appropriate department. Grants are listed by deadline of application submittal, that is very helpful so you can prioritize. The only con that I see on this system is that it lists on-going applications first, I was annoyed by this, but I have learned a lot about those programs too. The system is a great asset if the people using it are willing to read through all of the information, eCivis has it available you just need to go through it, is all there in ONE place.
Gordon R.
Development Manager
Arts and Crafts, 1001-5000 employees
April 6, 2018

“The eCivis software is an excellent place to look for funding opportunities and it's user-friendly. ”

OverallThe software is a great way to find grant opportunities, and to narrow our search for relevant funding opportunities.
ProsWith so many grant opportunities, it can be a challenge to find every relevant grant to apply for. This software is not only easy to use, it's a streamlined approach to narrowing our search for grants that make sense for our organization.
ConsThe software can take some time to learn how to use. That said, eCivis offers training, and I found that after only a few hours of playing around with it that I got used to the search process and have appreciated the funding opportunities we've found so far.
Jayne M.
April 5, 2018

“good. garners us money every year”

OveralleCivis helps us find grants to support our 501c3 nonprofit shelter.
ProsThe weekly reminder emails are helpful to keep us in the know. We use it at least four times yearly.
ConsWe sometimes wish there were more info on average grant awarded were more readily available. Other than that, not too many cons.
Laura D.

“Wonderful grants software!”

OverallMy work involves both the grant development and grant management aspects. eCivis has been a valuable resource in finding grants that fit the college's needs and priorities, as well as maintaining the records, keeping track of reporting deadlines, and generating complex reports. All of these functions could definitely not be possible in a spreadsheet or database and the fact that you can access it from anywhere, even to refer to something in an important meeting, is very useful. It is easy to navigate through and rather self-explanatory. For more complex duties, there are many trainings available and other written resources. What I found most useful are the Previously Funded Applications. Having a real example of an awarded application makes the writing process so much simpler, as you understand exactly what the funding agency wants. Lastly, their customer services is outstanding - extremely fast and of high quality. Even using the emails, I would always get an answer within 2 hours, sometimes within minutes. I am satisfied with the software overall.
kevin g.
grants/contracts specialist
Government Administration, 51-200 employees
April 5, 2018

“Easy way to save keywords and find relevant grants in my email”

OverallSetting up keywords for grants I am interested in and receiving email notifications when relevant grants are released. I also like the links to grant management articles and such.
ProsMy favorite thing about this software is the grant search functionality. I especially like that I can set up key words and when relevant grants are released ecivis will send an email showing me grants matching my saved searches.
ConsI don't seem to use all the features that ecivis offers. Specifically I prefer using my own proposal and grant management process than the features offered by ecivis.
Margaret F.
Senior Director of Development
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 5001-10,000 employees
October 3, 2018

“eCivis provides information on funding opportunities that we have not seen elsewhere”

ProsDaily emails on topics of my interest, with intro to opportunities not discovered by other vehicles.
ConsOpportunities tend to be for lower funding levels than desired.
October 3, 2018
Angelia J.
Grant Coordinator
April 2, 2018

“This is a quick and easy way to search for grants and provide my boss a summary of the requirements.”

ProsSnapshot of the available funding opportunities (grants) - eliminates the need to read through every funding opportunity that is at least 60-70 pages and then spending time trying to understand the terminology used. eCivis speaks in words that make sense.
ConsI have struggled with using this system to track, update, set deadlines for the grants I have researched but in all fairness to eCivis, that is because I have not taken advantage of the resources available within eCivis.
Megan B.
Manager, Grant Programs Oversight
April 6, 2018

“My organization uses eCivis to seek new grant funding.”

ProsA wealth of information is standardized and the funding search function can be precisely streamlined. The training corner is also useful for onboarding new hires.
ConsIt is difficult to create and edit reports. The project management section is not intuitive. A contact log is not included in the toolset.
Government Administration, Unspecified
April 5, 2018

“I get lost in the layers of information available!”

OverallTailored and timely reviews of Federal funding opportunities.
ProsRich synopses, access to curated resources in one repository that otherwise would require multiple requests for information.
Cons"Drilling in" sometimes takes more steps than I would like...usually worth it, but not as speedy as I impatiently wish for.
Ericka P.
April 6, 2018

“Practical, Efficient and Transparent ”

ProsI particularly like the reminders and the Grant Announcements. I also appreciate that it serves as a repository for multiple departments who typically operate using different networks/servers.
ConsInitially it took me quite some time to navigate. I thought training would help, and although I learned more about the features of the system, it still takes me a while to navigate. However, I eventually find accomplish the task.
Lenetta W.
Budget Analyst
April 5, 2018

“The central location of documents for me is essential for organization providing great efficiency.”

OverallThe efficiency of organizing the documents in one place.
ProsI am able to review documents on-line, send notes, and notices on webinars. The additional support through out the year is a benefit.
ConsThe product was introduced on the particular need for the service. This did not allow for a thorough understanding of what the product can do.
Adam D.
System Services Director
April 6, 2018

“Easy to explore grant opportunities that I never knew existed.”

ProsThe information about each opportunity is concise, and therefore easy for me to quickly review for relevancy to my work.
ConsSometimes there's so much information and not enough ability to filter the results (or at least I don't know how to filter the results).
Lara S.
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
April 5, 2018

“eCivis is a great tool for identifying and vetting grant opportunities. I highly recommend it.”

OverallIt is the BEST way to identify funding opportunities or proactively research cyclical opportunities.
ProseCivis is easy to use and provides all the relevant information in a clear manner. When colleagues ask me to help them find funding opportunities I give them a quick overview of eCivis so they can find opportunities on their own too.
ConsI really cannot think of anything that I would change about the system. It has continued to evolve and improve over the years.
Lora A.
Acct III
March 30, 2018

“it's a great data base for keeping everything together. ”

ProsThis software allows for easy access to multiple documents. It is easy to change information for task reports.
ConsI don't like that once a grant has been closed, no new reports can be added. Sometimes revised reports have to be submitted, but once closed, the information has to be uploaded as a regular document. Also, for running reports, there should be date ranges instead of just selecting 30,60,90 etc.