Dacast Ratings

Overall
4.4/5
4.3/5

About Dacast

Dacast is the first online video platform with a complete SaaS (Streaming as a Service) approach. It offers a suite of features through cloud computing that include high definition live broadcasting, on demand video hosting (including in China) as well as secure and video monetization tools. Its HTML5 white label video player allows you to add your own colors and logo. If you want to share your feedback, for a faster answer we recommend that you send us an email at claim@dacast.com Learn more about Dacast

Stu S.
Producer/Host
November 20, 2018

“Overall, a Very Good Organization with Excellent Customer Service”

OverallI am very happy with the streaming quality and the reliability now that they have most of the issues worked out. It is the best value for the money spent and I expect to remain with DaCast as long as my programming continues to stream on the Internet.
ProsThe pricing structure is probably the best thing about DaCast. It's affordable (unlike many of their competitors), and their customer service is top notch. My rep usually gets back to me within an hour after I e-mail him, and their tech support people are always available to chat regardless of the time...and they are very helpful. If they can't resolve a problem, they send it to their higher-ups and it gets taken care of pretty quickly.
ConsSome of the CDNs have buffering issues depending on where they are, but they seem to have repaired these over the past few months. The analytics reports have also been a problem in the past, but they too seem to have been remedied of late. The PPV on demand interface is a bit cumbersome and difficult for some non-tech-savvy customers of mine to navigate. That would be the only issue I wish DaCast could simplify...it's a really big deal to log in once an account has been created and they don't allow for users to change their passwords - if forgotten, DaCast issues them a randomly-generated new one and they are difficult to remember. I also don't like the fact that clients must wait until an accumulation of $100 or more via PPV sales is reached before they can transfer funds from DaCast...and the first transaction takes 35 days. That is ridiculous.

By DaCast on November 29, 2018
Hello Stu, thanks a lot for your review, and thank you even more for your comment, we are always eager to improve and will consider it! Happy streaming.
November 20, 2018
jason h.
June 21, 2019

“Great people. Great service.”

OverallWe needed the ability to allow our entire user base to be able to upload video game performance videos directly into the service. This means many thousands of different people from anywhere in the world, with incredibly large video uploads. We were able to accomplish this. There is nothing more to say.
ProsBottom line is that it works. It's consistent. It's straightforward. The support available is prompt, understanding and interested in supplying the best product and service they can.
ConsI have no complaints. The software and company have completely met my expectations. I am not exaggerating.

By DaCast on July 25, 2019
Hi Jason! Thanks a lot for your review. We are so pleased to keep on working with you and will definitely keep on serving you for many more adventures!
June 21, 2019
Kent G.
Online Media, 1-10 employees
October 4, 2018

“Best Service Available”

OverallI've checked out virtually all other services. They all have their pros and cons but I've found DaCast has far fewer cons. Pricing is the biggest difference. DaCast is actually affordable for any kind of broadcast and combining that with the solid reliability puts DaCast way ahead of the rest. We continue to check the other services, as the years go by, but we keep coming back to DaCast. There's just no reason to go anyplace else.
ProsWe don't broadcast often, but when we do, we need to know that our CDN is solid with little chance of dropping. DaCast has proven their reliability, to us. We started with them when they first came on-line. Back then, there were little hickups as would be expected. In my opinion, DaCast is superior in every way to all other similar services. We did a week long broadcast recently, and had zero drops! Those were 12 hour days and not one drop. That's amazing. Setup is easy and quick. I setup a new broadcast channel in about 10 minutes and was testing the broadcast. We use Wirecast and DaCast is simple to interface with it. Support is available via chat and is pretty quick to connect and help you. That's huge when you're in the middle of a broadcast and need help.
ConsThe only con is in setting up overage protection. You can select it, and it appears that you have it, but you might not actually have it and there's no way to know that you don't. Until you go over your allocated bandwidth.

By DaCast on October 8, 2018
Hi Kent, we appreciate your review and it is always a pleasure to do business with you. Hopefully we can optimize the overage protection soon enough so your streaming experience becomes even better! Talk to you soon.
October 4, 2018
Joey P.
Volunteer
September 18, 2019

“Thanks”

OverallIt's been a solid A. Phone support great even though I was on a free trial. Website has embedded livestream and I'm broadcasting on Periscope and Facebook every Sunday
ProsThe honesty of the website, I was asked to broadcast a livestream of our church services on a budget to embed on our website and social media. After reviewing several different outlets that claimed one thing and did not come through or require a credit card and wouldn't disclose the price until you signed up for a free trial, I stumbled upon DaCast. The phone service was exceptional as I was stumped trying to find the right option the free trial didn't require a credit card and now I have an exact dollar amount needed to complete the task
ConsI wish there was an option with their own encoder. However they have worked with several other encoding software companies including OBS and the one I chose VMix to meet our needs

By DaCast on October 15, 2019
Thank you Joey, it is such a pleasure to read your review. Please note that we do have our own encoder which is a customized version of OBS which allows you to do low latency streaming; if you want to try, we would be happy to let you. Happy streaming and talk to you soon!
September 18, 2019
Lawrence F.
May 1, 2019

“A Great Streaming Solution”

OverallWe have had a great experience with DaCast streaming as a service. From our 24/7 streaming to our occasional LIVE event broadcasts, we find that DaCast helps to supply our needs for streaming to our audience. The customer support with DaCast has been excellent, with quick responses and very knowledgeable to help us troubleshoot and get things set up when we started the service. Overall, we are thankful and grateful for this service and support team.
ProsWe provide 24/7 streaming to a wide audience internationally as well as in the USA. We had a streaming provider that began to be too costly for what we did as a non-profit organization. So in our search for a better provider, we found DaCast to be the best solution for our needs at a great rate. With flexible plans based on bandwidth, and the ability to make unlimited events, for us, this works great! Now we can continue to make our 24/7 streaming available to our audience thanks to DaCast.
ConsThe only thing we did not like was that DaCast did not have their own broadcaster box to connect to our Sony Camera to stream directly from our camera to the live event. We had to use our computer to stream and eventually found a third party broadcasting box solution that integrates with DaCast streaming service.

By DaCast on May 2, 2019
Hello Lawrence! It is great to read your review, I really appreciate the fact that you have a full use of our 24/7 support. DaCast will keep on supporting you and provide you with a scalable solution at the best prices! Best streaming.
May 1, 2019
Gandhi B.
Webmaster
October 8, 2019

“A great alternative for broadcasting”

OverallAlmost a year broadcasting, working just fine on a daily basis.
ProsThe great variety of settings you have to get the image do you need. The price it's also great for my needs.
ConsIn my case, the learning curve. I was not familiar with this kind of broadcasting.

By DaCast on October 15, 2019
Hello Gandhi! Thanks a lot for your comment, glad to hear you use our services every day. We take the point on the learning curve: it is important for us to get people to live easily, but it can be sometimes harder than expected.
John C.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
October 8, 2019

“Reliable and easy to use”

OverallWe use it extensively to stream weekly tutorials, as well as live feed conferences and events. Overall, our experience has been very positive and you can quickly talk to a real persona if you get stuck or something´s not working.
ProsDacast is a solid streaming platform backed by an excellent support team which have helped me sort out configuration and integration into our e-learning platforms. I also like the fact that it´s highly customizable and integrates well into OBS studio and HTML pages, as well as Facebook. All in all, the quality/value for money ratio is well worth it.
ConsThe latency is annoying (can be up to 15 secondes) and the upgrade payment to eliminate it is really too expensive.

By DaCast on October 15, 2019
Hi John! Thanks a lot for your comments, we take the point on the pricing. We are always trying to find cheaper solutions to put on the market, we will announce it if we have anything new on this!
Dubravko A.
System IT Administrator
Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees
May 5, 2019

“Amazing platform”

OverallI'm using it for 3 years now and I'm fully happy with DaCast! Value for money is the best that I was able to find, setting up only took few minutes and I'm using it for streaming TV program for 3 years without any problems.
ProsEasy to use, affordable, stable and support is always ready to provide assistance
ConsI would suggest only few modification on user interface (website) in order to have the most useful options in a single page.

By DaCast on June 5, 2019
Hi Dubravko! Thanks a lot for your review, we all enjoy your support. Happy streaming!
May 5, 2019
KENFACK A.
Engeneer IT
November 16, 2018

“I am very satisfied with Dacast”

ProsThe service is very good, no issues, good qualities of video.
ConsThe service is only based on data consummed, it will be nice to also have a part of a service based on the numbers of users connected simultaneous. No promotion at the end of year like this.

By DaCast on November 20, 2018
Hi Kenfack, Many thanks for your review. Have you tried our real time analytics feature that gives you the number of simultaneous views on your video content? Feel free to contact us if you mean something else, we would be happy to take your advice into account. Talk to you soon!
Jason G.
Motor Sport Commentator
Sports, 11-50 employees

“The Pits TV”

OverallDaCast has allowed us to deliver content to people from al over the world in a very reliable way. I had used another provider but they were short of terrible. Big ups to the team from DaCast!!!!!
ProsWe started using DaCast just over a year ago and I cannot fault the product for reliability and ease of use. I find the prior comments are a true reflection on just how good this product is. Its stable, its fast and it works very very well. We streamed over 40 events over the last year with no glitches or issues from our outside broadcast vehicle. We strongly recommend to the people who have not posted favorable comments to take a very close look at their set ups before tagging the blame to DaCast. Although I have used the online support, I found that their level of expertise is not ideal, but have brilliant contact.
Consthe only concern I have is it really does require multiple currencies as dealing in U.S Dollars doesnt work to well where we are from. However, I understand that this is being worked on as we speak.

By DaCast on September 26, 2018
Thank you Jason for this review, we will let you know as soon as multiple currencies is available. Talk to you soon!
Drew C.
March 12, 2018

“Every streaming and hosting service should run as smoothly as Vzaar. ”

ProsEase of use. the software interface has a natural progression, instructions and samples in laymen's terms. In the years I have been using Vzaar, I can count on this software to deliver my needs to customers without fear of malfunctioning. Customer support is always knowledgable and reactive in a timely manner.
Consanalytics could be a little more user friendly, and a trending function should be added. Software support should be 24/7
Michael M.
May 3, 2019

“Happy Broadcaster!!!”

OverallOver all since signing up with Dacast my business has grown, I have more options and my personal wireless software works excellent
ProsThe software allows me option in monetizing my streaming or PPV
ConsNot much, but if there was an improvement I would say, "The Promo Code Process" Simplify

By DaCast on May 6, 2019
Hey Michael! Pleased to read your review. Thanks a lot, and be sure that we are taking your point about the promo-code! We will try to improve it in a recent future. Happy streaming!
May 3, 2019
Cory H.
March 8, 2018

“Best customer service, never downtime, easy UX. THE best service we've used of the 10 we've tried.”

ProsIt's actually better and cheaper than competitors. It works perfectly across ALL devices. And again - the customer service is unparalleled.
ConsAs they improve the service so often, there were two times it I had to change the BIT rate of our videos to play quickly when not on wifi. However, their service was excellent so it was always fixed quickly and easily. Not bad for four years of service!
Jostein L.
IT Coordinator
Sports, 51-200 employees
January 17, 2019

“The whole package”

OverallWe're streaming network cameras in a ski resort, live 24/7.
ProsIntuitive controlpanels and very easy to set up with support for practically everything that streams. Dacast has had no downtime we can remember either. Customer support 24/7 and extremely helpful. The customer support went above and beyond for us one day helping us with encoder software, which they don't have to do.
ConsThere is a big gap between their low data plan and medium data plans, specifically something targeted at people who stream alot but doesnt monetize their streams.

By DaCast on January 22, 2019
Hi Jostein, Thank you for your review. We have noted your comments about our different plans and we are going to make some changes this year on this. Happy streaming!
January 17, 2019
Marie J.
Media Specialist
Education Management, 51-200 employees

“Best Service Out There”

OverallThe service has been great for our school. We are able to broadcast seamlessly our morning announcements. Our teachers are happy and the students are enjoying the news in the morning.
ProsWhat I liked the most about this service was the ease to install and daily use. Program dashboard is clear and easy to understand.
ConsVery little that is bad. Sometimes maybe only 3-4 times in the 2years I've had the software or service has it not streamed successfully.

By DaCast on November 19, 2018
Thank you very much Marie for your review, we are very happy to contribute to the well-being of your teachers and students.
Barry K.
Media Production, 1-10 employees

“Great Product”

ProsDaCast is easy to use and provides a great, dependable and very stable stream for my online TV station.
ConsDoes not provide a schedulable 24/7 playout for setting up a traditional TV-style station
Ken H.
June 19, 2018

“Excellent customer support! Cost, features, and support are the reasons to consider them.”

OverallI migrated away from Wistia (a fine company) to VZAAR. Why? Because VZAAR doesn't charge per video. I host over 400 smaller-sized videos and growing. That's a big bill at 25 cents per video at Wistia. So that was a "good enough" reason to change. But here's what I found in VZAAR that was a pleasant surprise during their free trial: AMAZINGLY EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SUPPORT. The chat support was phenomenal. The response times were excellent. They were patient as I learned and navigated their admittedly more complex UI. There are some things that Wistia (or others) may do slightly better. For now. But for SUPPORT... VZAAR wins the day. I highly recommend VZAAR to anyone looking for rock-solid hosting, fast performance, fair pricing, mature hosting features, and excellent support. Try them out for free for 30 days. You won't be disappointed.
ProsCost and features. Also, some of the best support I've ever received. Amazingly powerful and versatile.
ConsThe back-end UI is in need of updating. But once I got used to it, it was not a deal-killer at all. Don't let the initial appearance of the back-end scare you off.
June 19, 2018
Raido S.
ceo

“DaCast Review”

Overallgood
Prosreliability of streaming out - usually no issues
Consnot understanding, whats the max bitrate that could be used from input streams. Using 3 input streams, playing out them in player, 5mbps 3 mbps and 1 mbps, stuttering begins. Dropping the middle, 3mbps stream, makes all working fine again - so there must be some limits. Which sucks.

By DaCast on October 15, 2019
Hey Raido! Thanks a lot for your comment. It is great that you say that there are no issues with our services, even greater that you point out the max bitrate situation. I suggest you take the time to ask our support, and if they are not sure about the answer, they will get a specialized engineer to answer you!
Education Management, 11-50 employees
February 5, 2019

“There Are Better Simpler Products Out There”

OverallToo much time/resources spent for the value. Would not recommend.
ProsI liked the fact that DaCast allows streamers to add a Paywall option.
ConsThe software is advanced and requires additional downloads. Not very user friendly. If you're testing the free trial, don't even try to add a PayWall option. There is no payout option. Payouts are only provided for subscription customers. Was too complicated for our teams budget. We would get the same desired effect using more Audience-Friendly platforms (Facebook Live, Livestream). Have tested other options, and this was by far the most complex with the least benefit.

By DaCast on February 15, 2019
Hello anonymous reviewer! I am very concerned about your review, as I do not believe you have spent enough time on our platform (our free trial being only 30 days) to get a hold on it. For your information: unfortunately we do not have a payout option for our free trials, that is mainly to prevent frauds. As a free trial is by its essence, free, we cannot take the risk of people streaming and making pay for a fraudulent content without our approval! Hope you understand :) Also, not true, DaCast is a 100% SAAS software and you do not require any additional download. I would really enjoy understanding what you need the streaming for. As Facebook Live does not have a paywall feature, as Livestream is pricing more than we do (their paywall is costly and is an additional download), and as you look to have a tight budget, do not hesitate to give us your exact needs, so we can discuss it and see how we can help. Best streaming!
February 5, 2019
Erik S.
Manager, Broadcast Production & Operations
Media Production, 501-1000 employees
December 14, 2017

“Lowered video streaming costs and improved quality with DaCast”

OverallLow cost video streaming solution
ProsThe cost of DaCast is much lower than other video streaming CDNs. Instead of a high monthly rate, we buy streaming data usage each year, and haven't gone over our data rate. For organizations that need a private streaming solution, DaCast is a great option.
ConsThe delay is higher than with YouTube. We experience about a 45 second delay on the roundtrip from our encoder, up to the cloud, and back to the streaming player. For most things we do, this hasn't been a problem, just something to be aware of.

By DaCast on December 15, 2017
Hi Erik, Thank you for your review, we enjoy doing business with you! Please note that we have a low latency streaming solution available (10s latency in average) starting Pro plans and above. Feel free to reach out to your account executive to discuss it if you're interested (we have on-going promos so that could be a good timing). Have a great week end and talk to you soon. Elise Product & Marketing Manager
December 14, 2017
Internet, 51-200 employees
January 9, 2019

“A great partner to work with!”

OverallBest value for the money. Kudos to the great team.
ProsA dedicated team who is working hard on making life easier for the content owners. They offer a very simple and intuitive platform where you can easily start streaming your event or video across all platforms and devices. The integrated Paywall is another plus as you can start monetizing your content in no time. Last but not least their pricing structure is straight forward and flexible enough so that can be used by everyone, from very small publishers to big clients who have daily live streams with a big audience who expect nothing but the best in quality.
ConsCan't think of any since their support team is doing a great job in helping with any issues a client comes through.

By DaCast on January 10, 2019
Happy to read this review, our team is working hard to help our customers 24/7 :)
January 9, 2019
Internet, 1-10 employees

“We love DaCast”

OverallTheir service is amazing. Always available when we need it.
ProsDaCast has allowed our business to scale our live streaming needs to 100 schools across the state of Nebraska.
ConsNothing at the moment. Everything we've had issues with has been fixed immediately.

By DaCast on October 3, 2018
Thank you Taylor! Always a pleasure to work with you :)
Aldo F.
March 15, 2018

“This platform gave me the freedom to use my own creativity without using a name other people brand.”

ProsI like the very fast uploading, easy coding & how simple it was made for people to use. The other things I like is how fast I get a response when I need assistance & the different choices you have for posting your videos. Vzaar gives you decent plans to choose from and the prices are very competitive when you looking for an affordable video platform with many features included.
ConsI only wish the player itself had alternative button styles for the playback mode. The player could use a little improvement in its fashion. While it already gives you different colors to choose from, adding a little fun and flavor to the play button could be a great way to deliver our videos to our customers. I already have made the suggestion for this improvement but to this day I haven't received a favorable answer.
March 15, 2018
David S.
Broadcast Media, 501-1000 employees
September 26, 2018

“Good solution for any TV channel ”

OverallOverall I'm happy
ProsEasy and fast setup. And also affordable prices.
ConsSometimes difficult to login to watch, if system is on subscription based video.

By DaCast on September 28, 2018
Thank you for your review David! Regarding our subscription system, we are currently upgrading it so you should have a good surprise very soon :)
September 26, 2018
Ken W.
Audiovisual Technician
Government Administration, 201-500 employees
October 8, 2019

“A great service for the price.”

OverallDaCast has been reliable and easy to use.
ProsDaCast has a great price point for entry for an organization which needs reliable streaming, but doesn't anticipate using a huge amount of bandwidth.
ConsThe analytics are not very full featured.

By DaCast on October 15, 2019
Hi Ken, Thank you very much for your review. We're happy that our platform answers your streaming needs. Regarding the analytics, please let us know what you would like to see and we can see if it is possible to implement it.
Ashley B.
Operations Coordinator
Think Tanks, 1-10 employees
September 5, 2019

“Excellent entry-level introduction to Live Streaming behind a paywall”

OverallWe were able to offer live videos of our event to out of town guests at a cost where our in person guests wouldn't have been offended and try our a new service that we could benefit from a good ROI.
ProsThis was my organizations first time trying to profit off of a live-stream and the paywall feature DaCast offers was the perfect fit. They have the ability to social share to Facebook and Twitter as well as embed the videos into our own website! Customer service is always available and promptly responds when I was setting up the account.
ConsThe videos were sometimes slow to load. Setting up the channel to save or download the videos after were also not very clear and ultimately resulted in us losing one video.

By DaCast on September 6, 2019
Thank you Ashley for your review. Happy to read it. We are taking your feedback into consideration for our upcoming upgraded video platform. Have a nice weekend!
September 5, 2019
Anant A.
Sr software engineer
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
December 29, 2018

“Best video streaming experience”

OverallThe overall experience is amazing and I will refer others..one of the best thing it is very reasonable and value for money
ProsBackend has various facilities and easy to use as per admin prospective whereas streaming is very fast and happy with the performance
ConsI don't find anything,we need to think again

By DaCast on January 3, 2019
Hi Anant, Thank you for your review, happy to read it and to keep working with you on the growth of your business. Happy streaming !
December 29, 2018
Phill K.
Deacon
November 16, 2018

“DaCast Web Conferencing Review”

OverallOverall it's positive and worth the small amount we're paying - We like the ability to embed, customize, and analyze that a "free" service wouldn't provide.
ProsIt is easy to use and setup. The real-time data feedback is helpful during streaming as well. Customization players and making it easy to embed on our website has given a good end user experience.
ConsClients sometimes randomly drop connection on Sunday AM services, but some still stay connected. Possibly not enough storage space with our plan so may have to store recorded services elsewhere or delete old ones.

By DaCast on November 20, 2018
Hi Phill, We are grateful to hear you're happy with our services. If you have any additional suggestions that would improve your experience, please share them with our support team and we will take them into account. Happy streaming!
Giuseppe L.
Amministratore unico
Publishing, 1-10 employees
September 20, 2018

“A great service at a competitive price”

ProsDaCast is definitely the ideal solution for those who want to do serious streaming, has an infinite number of solutions, assistance is excellent, and I've never had a problem, uploading videos is very simple, create a live channel too. Recommended
ConsSometimes I notice that loading the control panel is slow

By DaCast on September 25, 2018
Thank you Giuseppe, it is always a pleasure to work with you.
Alan C.
Congregational IT Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1000 employees
March 12, 2018

“We have used Vzaar for several years and the service has performed extremely well. ”

OverallEasy way to provide feedback to vendors
ProsThe system is solid and works without issue. Vzaar automatically handles distribution and plan on multiple platforms without any additional user intervention. It is flexible in distributing to various viewing groups with minimal effort.
ConsUpload and encoding speeds are good but I would like it to be faster. The speeds have increased dramatically over the years that I have been using Vzaar.
Pierre-Henri t.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
September 24, 2018

“Good techno and support”

Pros Dacast is a robust and scalable solution, which in our case allows us to ensure high quality webinars. The most important point for our team is the technical support, because we made custom developments, so we often asked questions to the Dacast team.
Conswe are using an encoder to run Dacast. this encoder proves to be relatively complicated to manipulate.

By DaCast on October 3, 2018
Thank you Pierre-Henri for your review. Please let us know which encoder you use so we can see if we have any additional material that could help you. Talk to you soon!
September 24, 2018
Oscar M.
Chief Technology Officer
11-50 employees
April 23, 2018

“Excellent technology”

OverallSecurity in my videos.
ProsIts multiple adaptation for the html5 player, the blocking of the player through the url, the personalization of its interface among many other things.
ConsThe cost is very high compared to its competitors. They charge you for things that are not clear, the bandwidth traffic for example is very expensive.
April 23, 2018
Lance M.
Associate Pastor of Community Engagement
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
October 17, 2019

“Dacast Works Great”

OverallWe do not have to worry if our livestream will work each week. Dacast always comes through.
ProsDacast makes it easy for us to stream our worship services live. When we have a problem (which is very rare), the technical support staff are extremely helpful.
ConsI have no complaints. Dacast works great for us.
October 17, 2019
Julia I.
Event/Conference Organizer
Events Services, 1-10 employees
April 4, 2018

“Successfully been using the platform for several years now as value-add service to my clients ”

OverallIncreased client satisfaction
ProsAs someone new to live streaming events nearly 3 years ago, I found Dacast to be the right tool to help me on my learning curve. It's easy to implement and their customer service (chat only for our plan, but responsive and helpful) has been indispensable. I now work with clients to get their events and content broadcast live and it been a win-win for my small business.
ConsAs a small business with no streaming experience, the initial set-up required a bit of homework on my part to understand different components of the process. Though not available when I was getting started, their blog posts from recent years help fill in those gaps that others might have.
April 4, 2018
Online Media, 11-50 employees
April 25, 2019

“Solid live streaming solution which could be easier to use”

ProsCould be a great solution for many organizations looking for an HTML 5 device agnostic solutions that offers low-latency streaming . The ability to add a paywall is very cool, but not something I tested in the trial or would use in my industry. But can see it being an amazing option for webinar creators.
ConsBeing a live streaming profession this wasn't much of an issue for me, but the software is not something I suggest for a newer streamer. Or at least it will take some time to get used to it. I tested it when evaluating other streaming platforms and there are certainly more convenient and easier to use solutions.

By DaCast on April 26, 2019
Hello dear user! Thank you your very professional point! It is great to hear that. We also are taking your "Cons" point in consideration as we are currently working on a future and better User Experience for our platform! Thanks a lot.
April 25, 2019
Michael Y.
March 16, 2018

“Great customer service and flexible!”

OverallI have used other companies in the past and they would not work with my specific needs - VZAAR did! They helped customize my account for what I needed when it did not fit into a specific plan.
ProsThere are many things I like about Vzaar. A few of them are flexible accounts, price, service, easy dashboard navigation, and many technical options.
March 16, 2018
William F.
Special Projects Coordinator
Industrial Automation, 201-500 employees
March 8, 2018

“Have used this service for years without a problem whatsoever”

OverallEasy uploads, set it and forget it. This is so much better than something like you tube.
ProsGreat for video streams to websites, great for confidential steams to business. Easy to use many options to apply various codes. Easy uploads; takes many types of formats; Highly recommended!
David J.
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
March 8, 2018

“Been using them since near their beginning - excellent”

Overallcustomers can watch the video seamlessly on the website
ProsSuper easy to use and the ability to seamlessly add videos to my website has been very successful for us. Customer support when I've needed help has always been there over the years
Aare J.
Producer
Insurance, 501-1000 employees
October 15, 2019

“Dacast is reliable”

OverallOverall experience is very good.
ProsDacast is reliable an easy to use. Customer support is excellent.
ConsSometimes real-time analytics do not work. Lack of integrated chat was one of the reasons i chose Vimeo at first.
October 15, 2019
Andrew T.
AV Director

“DaCast”

ProsIt's a great value for smaller venues on a tight budget.
ConsEverything works as I need it to. Haven't found anything I would consider a con.

By DaCast on October 15, 2019
Thank you Andrew for your review, we're very happy to read it.
Gatlin B.
Administrative Assistant
April 26, 2018

“Great pricing plans, features, and support.”

ProsWhen we were looking for a video host, I looked all over for something that would do the job and wouldn't be, at the same time, priced in the clouds based on storage space. At the time, Vzaar was the only video host I could find whose pricing scaled affordably with our needs. In other words, I am not so confident we would have been able to host our videos anywhere if not for Vzaar. It was always easy to use, and I never had any problems.
ConsThey eventually changed their pricing model; but while it changed, they let us keep the plan that worked for us.
April 26, 2018
Bonnie G.
Marketing & Communication
11-50 employees
March 12, 2018

“Vzaar is a top quality organization. Excellent service and expertise. ”

ProsVzaar provides us with a private setting for longer than one hour videos. We value having control over our account and being able to upload what we want without any criticizing us.
Jason K.
Production Manager
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees
October 21, 2019

“Reliable and Effective”

OverallI am very impressed with Dacast. Having used youtube live in the past, we were frustrated with operation and reliability. Using OBS software requires the Dacast version of OBS, we didn't realize that right away. Once we did, we were up and running quickly.
ProsSimplicity and ease of use, great analytics!
ConsOperator error but, we didn't realize we needed the Dacast version of OBS.
October 21, 2019
DIMITRIOS I.
OWNER

“DaCast”

OverallVery good
Prosvery stable
ConsThe streaming video is not stored for playback in the future
David C.
COO
Media Production, 1-10 employees
October 16, 2018

“Good Product”

OverallWe offer streaming now even though there's not as much call for it as we had hoped.
ProsWhat I enjoy most about DaCast is simply that ti works as promised. We had not glitches the first time we used it, even though we purchased it and used it less than 24 hours after the purchase.
ConsI had to use 3rd party software to make it work. An all in one type of system would have been nice.

By DaCast on November 29, 2018
Hi David. Many thanks for your review! We always appreciate it. Happy streaming to you!
October 16, 2018
Bill S.
Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees
March 13, 2018

“Excellent. It just works and the interface is great.”

ProsIt works very well. The interface is great. It's easy to upload videos. It's easy to manage videos.
March 13, 2018
Jeremy W.
Pastor
Non-Profit Organization Management, Self-employed

“Church stream”

OverallPretty good!
ProsFairly easy to install and operate the system.
ConsSeems stream is not always reliable for watchers.

By DaCast on November 29, 2018
Hello Jeremy. Thanks a lot for your review. We will be happy to offer you support any time your viewers are struggling! Best streaming to you.
Alejandro L.
Webmaster
July 23, 2018

“We work with Dacast for over a Year sadly the streaming is poor now”

OverallFew months ago it was really great but lately the streaming service has been decreasing in quality.
ProsExcelent Support, nice platform and easy to understand, great features that can be a really good tool.
ConsEven with all of the features the streaming experience has been so poor lately, for that price you expect stability and quality transmission but none of that happens. If you are looking for stability reliability and quality, sadly this is not the option for you right now. There are another options for less price that covers all of those needs.

By DaCast on July 27, 2018
Hi Alejandro, It is unfortunate that you did not contact your account executive or our 24/7 support team to report your issue as we have no record of it. We would have been very happy to help and solve your issue. It is too bad that you will not get a chance to try out our new features coming up but if you change your mind, let us know and we will make sure you can try all of them. Good luck with your future streaming events!
July 23, 2018
José Javier D.
Digital Marketing Manager
March 12, 2018

“Very easy to configure video hosting for any operation no matter size.”

OverallEasy implementation, great price, easy to configure and ad team members to manage videos.
ProsPricing, accesible support and easy interface makes the service a good choice. If you are new to video hosting, this is the place to start.
ConsThe players look and feel is farely basic. For some high end design websites, the video player style might be too simple or require additional customizations with support from experienced coders or designers.
Steve S.

“Excellent software”

OverallReally great experience all in all. Never had an issue with reliability.
ProsIt's easy to use, user-friendly. But most importantly, reliable. Software like this has to be reliable with a 100% up-time.
ConsCan be expensive to purchase data. Data expires after one year.

By DaCast on October 15, 2019
Hey Steve! Thanks for your comment. With our new platform that will be coming in the next months, we will have a all-new type of pricing! Stay tuned.