ProgressBook Suite Ratings

Overall

About ProgressBook Suite

ProgressBook is a suite of applications that support student/classroom management and academic achievement for K-12 school districts. Single sign-on ProgressBook Suite serves the entire school community - administrators, teachers, students and parents - with six fully-integrated modules: StudentInformation, GradeBook, ParentAccess, SpecialServices, DataMap, and VirtualClassrooom. Learn more about ProgressBook Suite

Joel Thomas B.
Education Management, 51-200 employees
March 9, 2019

“Progressbook - Good, but not great”

OverallI have been using progressbook as a grading, parent/student contact, and record keeping log for three years in two different school environments.
ProsI love that progressbook allows you to set up grade access for multiple accounts, so I can share my classroom with other teachers or service providers and adjust their ability to input, change, or simply view grades. You can weight/change the value of specific items or even whole categories of grades very easily I also like that i can title and shift the classes around to be what I like to have.
ConsI can't "hide students" if they have withdrawn, someone else within my building has to do that for me. I have to manually click "save grades" every time, there is shortcut or "auto save" feature The import/export .xls function is extremely clunky and rarely inputs cleanly unless the names are the exact same (down to individual capitalized letters) If two people are working in the same gradebook at the sametime they will over-ride each others grades - should be saved in the cloud
March 9, 2019
Matthew H.
Director Of Business Development
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
April 21, 2019

“Wonderful Education Solution”

OverallMy overall experience has been incredibly positive. I think it is the best option out there for managing caseloads for school districts and for writing educational documents.
ProsI use ProgressBook daily. I think it is a wonderful software. For many districts, the public banks for information is awesome. We are able to share a lot of information and make our reports uniform between teachers, therapists, and school psychs. The personal banks are also a great feature. It is awesome that you can code for pronouns him/her to make writing documents more efficient. It is also very easy to pull information from past IEPs, ETRs, and progress reports into existing documents.
ConsThe text formatting features can be a little clunky at times. I wish it also had an autosave function. I try to make a habit to save frequently, but sometimes I forget and have lost my information.
April 21, 2019
Priya R.
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
March 11, 2019

“Very Slow”

OverallVery slow at grading calculating time. Every report card and progress report time. I work for Orange County Public Schools in Florida. It has never been like this. I used to be able to calculate grades with comments in 45 minutes, but this is so slow. Even late. It is 11:00 pm and I am struggling with this.
ProsIt is fairly easy to use the majority of the time.
ConsIt is extremely slow when it is time to calculate grades. It takes a full minute or two, I timed it, between calculations to move to the next student. That's why I have time to write this review. Our grades are not due until Friday, officially, but I like to be ahead. Today is Monday. Why is it slow ?? A 45-minute task now takes almost two hours while waiting and trying to multitask to use my time wisely.
March 11, 2019
Candace O.
Student
May 30, 2018

“ProgressBook is a wonderful tool for teachers, parents, and students alike.”

OverallI am able to see all my grades at a glance!
ProsProgressBook offers students like myself a sense of comfort and security, as I can easily see up-to-the-minute what my grades are. I also love how I can see the breakdown of my assignments and what grade I received for each assignment.
ConsI wish ProgressBook showed how many points earned out of how many points total for the grading period. Of course, it shows the percent and the letter grade in the course, but showcasing the point totals would make it easier for students to see what they need to get on the next assignment in order to raise or maintain their grade.
May 30, 2018
Kelsey E.
June 6, 2018

“This is a place to track and post student grades, data, schedules and etc.”

ProsIt is very easy to post grades for parents to access and for me to access student information like parent phone numbers.
ConsThere are some reports that can be run but the type of reports that I would like (list of students with below a C) are not part of them.
June 6, 2018
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
September 24, 2018

“Terrific tool for keeping parents informed”

OverallOverall I am very happy with the tool and the visibility it gives me into my student's progress.
ProsI am a parent user of the software and have found it to be invaluable when it comes to staying informed and up-to-date on my child's assignments and progress in class. Having the ability to monitor grades and progress allows us to be proactive in making sure that we can provide focus on areas that need it.
ConsAs a parent user, I really have no complaints because the data that I need is readily accessible and presented in a well-ordered format.
September 24, 2018
Jasmine A.
Coach
April 10, 2018

“My school uses this software to keep track of grades, attendance, etc...”

ProsI like that this software holds all of the information I need for my students like IEP information, grades, seating charts, and addresses.
ConsI do not like that this software is only used for final grades. I have to use a different app to submit all grades for my students. Then i have to transfer those final grades in progress book.
April 10, 2018
Bella W.
Columnist
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
February 19, 2019

“A great concept, but not very reliable”

OverallIt's a good idea, but the execution is poor. If the problems mentioned were fixed, I would definitely recommend this site to parents of students.
ProsProgressBook is a school-issued account for parents to check current grades at any time, which is an excellent idea, and when it works properly, can be a great time saver.
ConsThe program often glitches and the "Activities" function will freeze or start the student over. Problems with passwords and usernames happen often too, and the whole site will crash occasionally.
February 19, 2019