Onward Vet Ratings

Overall

About Onward Vet

*What's New: Built-in Electronic Treatment Flowsheets (no extra charge), Quickbooks Integration. Onward Vet is an elegant, very easy-to-use, and comprehensive Cloud-Based Practice Management Software with built-in client communication/portal features. Complete state-of-the-art paperless system with features such as Whiteboard, SOAP Templates, Electronic signatures, Inventory, Appointments, Rx, Lab/Device Integration, Referrals Tracking Easy migration from Avimark, Cornerstone, etc. Learn more about Onward Vet

Sandra B L.
July 5, 2019

“Has worked well for us, very responsive to changes and suggestions”

OverallThis has been very functional for us and the price is excellent.
ProsEase of customization, particularly for our holistic practice. We can easily add procedures such as acupuncture and chiropractic. The company also was great when we initially signed up for this software, adding wellness plans and doing other custom things to help streamline our processes. Also like that it's in the cloud so we don't have to do our own backups and can access anywhere.
ConsStill some things I'd like to see in terms of financial analysis that align with AAHA figures to make it easier to compare to other practices (reports). Also wish there was an easier way to schedule appointments when we're using cell phones out of the office.
July 5, 2019
Heather B.
Owner, Veterinary Ophthalmologist
July 10, 2018

“A functionally simple and elegant EMR system with constant upgrades!”

ProsWe have used this system for 3 years and have been very pleased with the functionality and simplicity of the software as well as the ability to train new staff members on its usage. This software is easily used by everyone from the complete computer novice to the IT savvy. Additionally, whenever we have had questions or suggestions to improve the functionality for our practice, The customer support team have been great! Definitely recommend this software!
ConsMy only minor complaint is that there is no way to know when someone else is making updates to the patient record which occasionally results in the second person into the record losing their modifications.

By Onward Systems on July 12, 2018
Thank you Dr. Brookshire and team, we really appreciate the great review! The new "Audit/History" feature tracks all changes and allows recovery of any notes in case multiple users are updating the exact same section of the SOAP for the same patient.
July 10, 2018
Brett T.
DVM Owner
Veterinary, 11-50 employees
August 7, 2017

“A key asset for a successful start up veterinary hospital!”

OverallSpeed Quality and Value are apparent with this system. OV thinks outside the box and brings process and efficiency to the veterinary hospital
ProsOV is simply elegant and highly intuitive for our fast paced doctors and staff. It can be tailored to our unique practice needs and optimized to drive efficiencies and processes that improve costs. Lik sour new hospital it has evolved over the last 2.5 years and is now better than ever.
ConsFor the value - Nothing! I would like to see in the future a Voice to Text solution that can keep up with our hospitals pace. The current voice to text solution exists but is about as fast as traditional keystrokes.

By Onward Systems on August 7, 2017
Thank you Dr. Cordes and team!
August 7, 2017
Joshua S.
Owner/ Veterinarian
August 27, 2014

“From Paper to Paperless”

OverallMy practice has been a sole paper practice for 44 years. I researched all of the other veterinary software options out there over a 2 year period of time. I needed a software program that would not slow down my high volume practice and make me more inefficient, as most of the time we cannot afford to slow down. I ran across this software at a conference and decided to make the switch as its ease of use, particularly on the medical records side made it possible for us to scan in our old records. This software provides everything that I required and then some. It is by far the best software that I have run across and fits my practice very well. It has streamlined the process and my bottom line has already increased 10% due to catching missed charges. On top of that the clients feel better with the security of not mishandling records, and my staff picked it up right away. The whiteboard option that this software carries is highly superior and unique to this software and has made my practice highly efficient. I highly recommend this software to every veterinary clinic out there; particularly if you are converting to a paperless practice. As it can be accessed from anywhere in the world; it is easier to remind myself of a patient's case on those late night phone calls. The support that I get is great; they know me when i call and I never get the run around. They fix my problems promptly and keep me informed of the status of my requests. I did have my reservations about it being internet based, but I can tell you that it runs exactly like and as fast as a closed circuit software based system. The staff like it, its easy to use, it gets the job done, I keep better records on it, my bottom line went up.... So I am very satisfied.

By Onward Systems on August 27, 2014
Hi Dr. Standridge, thank you very much for this nice review!
REBECCA E.
June 29, 2019

“Great Vet Software !”

OverallCSR has been very accommodating any time I've had questions! We are glad we chose Onward Vet!
ProsThis software is easy to navigate and keeps things organized in our very busy mobile vet vans . Very helpful customer service department.
ConsBeing cloud based remember to refresh the screens so everyone can see whats going on ! Small clitches on updates with different browsers but they figure out fast.

By Onward Systems on July 1, 2019
Thank you Rebecca and team, we really appreciate the great review!
June 29, 2019
Ravi R.
Veterinarian
April 8, 2018

“This was the key to carrying my practice to the next level. ”

OverallIt will add a level or organisation and continuity to your clinic life that will make you efficient and highly productive.
ProsVery simple and easy to use. Information is easily accessed and has good flow. The developers are always trying to improve on the software which makes your practice evolve daily. Customer service is second to none !
ConsSoftware is internet based, so when there is internet issues you are unable to use the system freely.

By Onward Systems on April 10, 2018
Thank you Dr. Ravi and team, we really appreciate it!
April 8, 2018
Vince S.
March 25, 2017

“Dr Stenson”

OverallWe started using Onward Vet as a new practice in 2012 and have grown with Onward Vet. They were fairly new at that time and have been very good about adding and improving features. They have been a real asset to a young practice and their being web based has been great. My staff commonly looks up and puts in histories on their smart phones.
ProsEase of access and being user friendly.

By Onward Systems on March 25, 2017
Thank you Dr Stenson and team!
March 25, 2017
Sudesh K.
Dr.
June 18, 2015

“THE BEST DECISION I MADE BY CONVERTING TO ONWARD VET ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS”

OverallI had been looking into options to convert my paper based practice to a paper-light or paper-less system. Most of the common systems that offer this feature require very expensive overhaul of the computers, in-house network and expensive server. After a careful review of the pros and cons of different systems we decided to switch to the simple cloud based Onward Vet program. The program is easy to learn, has pre-filled and easy to create templates, allows seamless integration to in house and outside reference laboratory and makes communication with the clients a breeze. There are numerous features of this program and everyday we discover new ones. Our paper and ink/toner use has been cut down by 90% since we converted to Onward Vet. There is no extra monthly fee for tech support and an email is enough to get the response. Since this program is still evolving, they are able to add the features you recommend to this program. We have quickly learned how NOT to use sticky pads and how quickly document client communications in the program itself. We have a great but cheap high speed scanner that allows us to convert paper records into electronic format into Onward Vet. The email feature is great. The learning curve is 1-2 weeks for a computer savvy person and 4 weeks for a normal person like me. If you want to avoid spending thousands of dollars in buying a new server based program, new computers, tech support, Onward Vet is the answer for you.

By Onward Systems on June 18, 2015
Hi Dr. Kumar, thanks for that nice review!
June 18, 2015
James T.
Veterinarian, Owner
March 14, 2017

“From no computers to almost all computerized. ”

OverallWe have been using Onward Vet for almost a year now. We had a small animal practice without any computers in the office, but were looking to computerize. After examining a number of programs we decided to go with Onward Vet. From the start, we received great support to help us get started and up and running. The program has a bit of a learning curve but with some time and experience, it becomes easy to use. Today we have six computers in the office and can also access the program from anywhere, on our phones, iPads and home computers. It is nice to be able to have the information available anyplace and any time. I can say this is a great program. It is as complete as I could want. There are parts of it that are still waiting to be investigated and learned if we need them. Our paper records are slowly being phased out as we are moving toward a "less paper" practice. I must say that the development team for Onward Vet has done a great job creating this program and they are continuing to make improvements. We have enjoyed working with the Onward Vet staff and the program. I would recommend this program to other veterinary practices.
ProsIt is a very comprehensive program. It is cloud based and available anywhere. I helps me and makes me be a better record keeper.
ConsAt the start it was a bit confusing and frustrating to learn the flow of the program.
Recommendations to other buyersBe patient with the program and it gradually unfolds as to why things are done the way they are in the program.

By Onward Systems on March 16, 2017
Thank you Dr. Teare and team!
March 14, 2017
Alice M.
owner/veterinarian
March 11, 2015

“I won't ever go back to a network-based practice management system again!”

OverallI had my reservations about using a cloud-based system. What if my internet goes down? With Onward Vet, we can use our cell phones until it is running again. But then, I realized that my internet has never failed. My network failed fairly often and seemed to happen when I was my busiest. The cost of having an IT person get my network running again was prohibitive. I watched the technician play video games on his phone and surf the net while waiting for programs to download all on the clock. After using this system, I truly believe that most veterinary practices are too small to have a internal network-based practice management system. While initially we had difficulties transitioning to the format of Onward Vet and while it doesn't give us all of the functionality of the big name practice management network-based software, it gives us the information that we really use. In retrospect, isn't that all we need? The best part of Onward Vet is the customer service. You actually get to communicate with someone who can get things done to solve your issues. Is Onward Vet perfect? No! But every few weeks we get an email updating us on a new addition or adjustment made to the program in response to the requests of the users. When did that happen for you with the big name providers?

By Onward Systems on March 12, 2015
Hi Dr Mills, thanks for that nice review!
March 11, 2015
John R.
August 4, 2017

“Product is solid, great service at a fair rate.”

OverallWe hold all clients charts and cloud based makes it easy!
ProsEase of use, depth of options and reports. I like the system layout and how everything is put together.

By Onward Systems on August 4, 2017
Thank you John, and team!
August 4, 2017
Matthew G.
Veterinarian/owner
June 30, 2015

“Excellent solution for our cat hospital.”

OverallThe solution offered by Onward Vet is a little different than some of the others we looked at, being "cloud based." We are a solo practice limited to cats. Most of the other practice management packages we looked at required extensive new computers and a server. Without a dedicated IT company or staff, this is a daunting if not expensive challenge. With Onward vet we could use the computer and network of our choice as long as we can connect to the net. There are challenges, though they relate more to our ISP and our in-house network than to Onward Vet. You need a back-up plan when the net is down-ours has been a personal hotspot and our tablet. Not ideal, but workable when the internet is down. Onward takes care of back up of data, and we can access the records from any computer with internet access is more helpful than I would have thought. (Yah I can check my schedule at home the night before going to the office, and I can review patients records at home as well). All in all, we are very happy with our choice.
June 30, 2015
Venkateshwarlu K.
Owner/Veterinarian
November 9, 2015

“Onward Vet is a great software!”

OverallI have been using Onward Vet for about 1.5 years for my mobile practice. I find the software extremely easy to use and the support is always available. It has all the features that I am looking for my practice and then some. Even on the road, I am able to connect to Onward Vet using my hotspot cellular modem. The system is fast, intuitive and the medical notes are organized very well. Onward Vet is completely paperless, I do not have to worry about printing invoices and estimates. Integration with Antech and IDEXX labs makes it seamless for me to place and receive lab results. I highly recommend the Onward Vet software for anyone looking to get higher efficiency in their practice, and to help grow the business by leaps and bounds, like it did for me!
November 9, 2015
Henry B.
Practice Manager
July 1, 2015

“Onward Vet is a comprehensive and convenient practice management software.”

OverallOnward Vet is very innovative and they are frequently making improvements for ease of use or as user needs change. The program also allows a practice to create and use forms within the program as needed. Since we are a mobile service, the ability to access the software from any location is also a great feature. The ease of use makes data entry quick and client / patient information can also be quickly accessed from several areas throughout the program. The ability to send invoices and documents directly to our clients upon completion of the visit has saved us time and additional expenses.
July 1, 2015
Rafael S.
April 6, 2017

“Less paper and more organized”

OverallWe have gotten rid of the file cabinets...in a small clinic, space is valuable. I have the ability to review cases, complete write ups and communicate with clients anywhere, anytime as long as I have internet. The software is so easy to use. And they constantly improve it, making things even easier. No scary upfront fee. It has been 3 years and I can't find anything negative to say. Recommend it.

By Onward Systems on April 14, 2017
Thank you Dr. Salvador and team!
April 6, 2017
Annette S.
September 23, 2014

“Onward Vet Software”

OverallAfter reviewing many "web based" software programs for our equine clinic, Onward Vet was the most appealing and our choice for our new program. I have not been disappointed and am continually impressed with how "user friendly" it is. The support I receive from Rajat is the best! I'm positive I would not have the support like this from any other company....very refreshing in this day of technology! I recommend Onward Vet to anyone in the veterinary field.

By Onward Systems on September 23, 2014
Hi Annette, thank you very much for the nice review!
September 23, 2014
Susan P.
Associate Veterinarian
August 28, 2014

“Onward vet”

OverallI have been a vet since 2000 and have used a number of software programs. Onward Vet was easy to learn to use, from doing physical exam findings to putting in charges and printing out invoices. Whenever we have had a problem or concern Rajad has been available or has gotten back to us in a very timely fashion and has steadily made improvements to the software so that I Onward has become my top choice in veterinary clinic software.

By Onward Systems on August 28, 2014
Hi Dr. Pudwill, thank you very much for the nice review!
August 28, 2014
Jovan H.
Owner/veterinarian
January 12, 2015

“Great program”

OverallOnward Vet is very easy to use, even easier to learn. Being a cloud based program, allows me to access the program (tablet or even on my phone) while on house visit or on the road. I have had no problems using Onward Vet or their customer service, even though my practice is on a small Caribbean Island. All in all, great program and great customer service at a great price.

By Onward Systems on January 17, 2015
Hello Dr Halley, thank you very much for the nice review!
January 12, 2015
John R.

“excellent software”

OverallThis software is a hidden gem. It is easy to use and fully functional. Our very busy practice in Houston could not function without it. The price has to be one of the most affordable out there. The best feature is the customer service which has to be second to none. Highly recommend.

By Onward Systems on August 27, 2014
Hi Dr. Revere, thank you very much for that nice review!
Tag T.
August 27, 2014

“Best cloud based software available”

OverallBoth the product itself and the support are FAR better than any other product I have tried. Words to describe it: intuitive, efficient, simple, integrative, and it just plain works well. It's the only software I have found that has fulfilled all of the promises in its marketing.

By Onward Systems on August 27, 2014
Thank you Tag, we really appreciate your nice feedback!
Leslie L.
Assistant
January 13, 2015

“User friendly!”

OverallOur hospital recently decided to switch over to electronic records and so far we have found Onward vet to be very user friendly. Customer service has also been excellent whenever we have had to email them with questions!

By Onward Systems on January 17, 2015
Hello Dr Lee and Leslie, thank you very much for the nice review!
January 13, 2015