CDK Global Ratings

Overall
3.5/5
3.5/5

About CDK Global

At CDK Global, we provide integrated technology solutions to over 26,500 Auto, Truck, Motorcycle, Marine, Recreational Vehicle and Heavy Equipment dealers throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and South America. With over 100 countries represented worldwide, CDK makes it easy for dealers like you to achieve measurable results and drive additional profit in every area of your operation. Learn more about CDK Global

John A. H.
General Manager
Maritime, 11-50 employees
May 6, 2019

“For the money they need to do much, much better”

OverallOver the years I have gotten to know a lot of the folks out in Utah, many are still there some are gone. They try, but they need to get out of the building and go out and see how a busy dealership really works. And, most of all they need to make fixes, updates and changes faster. It takes them years to fix simple things. And, they have become GREEDY as hell, they are way too expensive and getting worse. If I could find a more reasonably priced application I will be gone soon.
ProsBack what I was first looking for a complete Marine Dealership package they were the best I found, I have not looked since 2002. Right now I still like their Repair Order module, as well as their Parts handling. I don't personally work much with their Boat Sales module, but I don't get any complaints about it.
ConsThey have just missed to many little things, and cannot seem to make changes in any kind of decent time frame. They also do not have simple utilities for canceling or editing data. Everything you need to change has a time consuming "Back out" routine, their is no simple "Delete" They do not give the end user enough control over what fields display on the initial screens, and who ever designed the rental module has no clue regarding renting storage space, only things like boats or PWC's.
May 6, 2019
George K.
Project Manager/Business Development
Machinery, 51-200 employees
August 22, 2018

“Industry Fit”

OverallWe couldn't handle a dealership with daily activities this large without a program like CDK/PFW. When we last upgraded the software and added additional branches we compared to the industry competitor in our brand, and this was over less expensive over the coming 5 years.
ProsThe CDK/PFW software is rather good for the Agricultural/Turf dealer. We're using it SAS and uptime is usually pretty good. They have spent time integrating to our OEM manufacturer. That helps. There are many module/features that help monitor and run the dealership, and there are others that while they exist we are not taking advantage of.
ConsTheir support staff seldom have worked in a dealership and don't understand that day to day frustrations and time constraints we work with. While they are upgrading the software they have chosen to upgrade the user interface screens and our people in all locations don't like the new interface. The functionality is still there, but just not as easy to get to things we're used to, and that takes up more time.
August 22, 2018
Nathan H.
BDC Coordinator
June 13, 2018

“I utilized CDK global for both marketing and website services. ”

ProsFor websites, I enjoy that my dealership was able to join national OEM promotions with ease. For marketing I enjoyed being able to have one company know my specials for both print/digital as well as web so my offers didn't conflict with each other. Customers saw the same specials where they looked.
ConsCDK was formerly ADP so there was some changes in personnel along the way. I'm certain that wouldn't be an issue for those looking to use CDK now. Besides that, in some instances marking decline Services has changed causing training of staff. Again, this was mostly an issue for those who used previous versions of product. Overall, I still prefer CDK over many others.
June 13, 2018
Vicki D.
Machinery, 51-200 employees
January 17, 2018

“Had this software for @ 2 years, and they don't know rental. Support tries/development is terrible”

Overallwhen selling large equipment there is a margin worksheet feature that the team seems to like. They shouldn't have sold us the software, and we tried hard to get them to be straight. They promised and promised things. I have a spreadsheet of things they promised, and they have done 3 of them. They don't communicate regularly, except people who are just support smoozers. They are currently offering a "Rental Summit" of some kind in Canada, but they don't know rental. I have offered to talk to the developers about "how" something should flow - but they never discuss what we want the system to do. This was a terrible mistake. We have 190 employees - and a number of them have said they want to leave because of this software. They stay because they are good / loyal employees and want to help us through this - and they probably are hoping I will replace the system, which I am close to doing. The most recent problem we've had is they are double crediting customers with refunds because their system doesn't stop it - they are saying it is working properly..... if you do a lot of rentals don't buy this software. If you operate a large equipment dealership ONLY, i think it is a good system. \
Prosaccounts payable is the only person who likes it better than our last 2 systems - the parts system is workable, and will store non-stocked files that will pull in when added to an order - the part will include pricing so the guys don't have to look it up each time. They have a good check reconciliation system.
ConsThe rental system. There are NO aspects that work like any other system I've ever used. It cannot do math; there is no deposit feature, so if you want a deposit in addition the the rental you have to remember to "take it off" before you close a contract. Non serialized items are a mystery to them. They are only able to handle large equipment / equipment with individual stock numbers. Transferring is a nightmare. Reservations cannot be made for more than the number of items you own, so no multiple future reservations.
January 17, 2018
Automotive, 11-50 employees
December 18, 2018

“A Robust System”

OverallI use CDK Global on a weekly basis to support my customers, and I have found that it is the most user friendly tool out of its competition.
ProsI specifically like case management section in DealerSuite, I can quickly search all of my open cases by a specific date range, or just all of my cases since I started using the software. Additionally, once you click on a case to review it, CDK does a great job of neatly organizing the case notes in a manner that creates a simple environment that is easy to read. Their support is extremely helpful and everyone I have worked with their truly seems to want to help resolve your issue, and also recommend more efficient ways at tackling tasks in the system.
ConsThe only difficulty I have with this software is that it is only accessible via Internet Explorer. As an employee of a company that uses Mac products exclusively, this presents a large problem as Internet Explorer is not available to Mac users, so I have to use a 3rd party application that runs through Chrome and immitates IE. I would have no complaints whatsoever if CDK was able to make their software usable on Chrome!
December 18, 2018
July 17, 2018

“Good luck if you need support”

ProsThe ability to send out an email campaign is great. I have used other CRM programs and they don't come close. From an email marketing standpoint CDK is great.
ConsSupport is horrible. They shouldn't even bother having support for the CRM. Ex. there is something wrong with our internet reps sending emails through the CRM. It is saying the email address is invalid. It isn't because we have emailed back and forth with the customer using the same email address. Supports response was just ask for a different email address. Nothing like inconveniencing the customer when they are looking to purchase a vehicle...
July 17, 2018
Steve D.
Controller
Retail, 11-50 employees
September 14, 2019

“Solid option, not perfect”

OverallWe've used CDK global for 15 years. It gives our dealership a solid option with inventory, accounting, payroll, etc. I've found it to be somewhat flexible, but has it's limitations within all segments of the software. I love that it can feed to most online directories. I love the CRM option as well, but you have to pay for it.
ProsThis program/company is obviously a long time, solid option for dealerships. Great support, easy to call and get help.
ConsI want all programs to work like Windows and the developers didn't do that. It does have good functionality, but still has a long way to go. I get a LOT of error messages.
September 14, 2019
Nicole V.
Service BDC Manager
Automotive, 1001-5000 employees
October 17, 2019

“CDK is very efficient!”

OverallThe benefits we've seen is being able to access a customer's information at the click of a button.
ProsCDK makes it easy to schedule and monitor all incoming appointments for our service centers. It also keeps track of all customers information and records. It's such a great program to use and it's so versatile.
ConsWe have issues with CDK crashing, a lot. It's quite frustrating, especially when we are trying to schedule an appointment for a customer. I'm not sure why it does this, but it's a huge downfall.
October 17, 2019
Justin F.
December 4, 2018

“Good company but better out there”

OverallGood overall company. If you have to use them, you'll be ok but in today's age, I think there are better options.
ProsWe used CDK for our Chevy and Nissan websites. Support was really good but the products lacked some options and since they came up with the next Gen sites, it takes longer to update them imo.
ConsLacking some easy software for faster editing. Also I think they use to price much higher for some of there products than others. I think they now try and get more inline.
December 4, 2018
Susan H.
BDC Manager
December 19, 2018

“Website Review”

ProsThis product runs smooth when you have the reps behind you to help suggest and offer ideas. I have had great pro care advocates and some so so advocates. It is easy to use and they have been creating you tube videos to help you create and manage it better on your own.
ConsI only dislike it when I have a case out there for multiple days without any help to get it resolved.
December 19, 2018
Halston S.
July 14, 2018

“Have most everything but limited in innovation”

Overallit does the job just not as well as I'd always like
ProsCan be a one stop shop when it comes to everything you might need for dealer software and hardware.
ConsThey seem to have grown to a size due to their partnership with GM that innovation and quality service is no longer the number one priority. It can be difficult to customize programs and seamlessly move through each step of your processes.
July 14, 2018
Doug D.
Inventory MGR
March 11, 2018

“Software support is slow”

ProsNot really fond of CDK Global. The system works well when it works. Stocking in new vehicles is straight forward, writing repair orders is easy but with any system you need to understand you repair codes.
ConsBiggest complaint about CDK is they require you to send in a support request by email. No phone number for an individual to call. Its like the are afraid to talk on the phone.
March 11, 2018
Guy W.
IT Director
Automotive, 501-1000 employees
August 22, 2017

“Best of breed in Delaer Solutions”

Overallit does a very good job of running our system, and in the works of my old boss " alll the DMS providers are cooks, but CDK is still the best of them"
ProsEase of operation and administration. people pick up on how to use the system very quickly. could not function without my CAMS
Conssometimes service leaves a lot to be desired. they have fewer field service technicians than ever before and have no plans to fix it.
August 22, 2017
June 18, 2018

“CDK is the heartbeat of our dealership through a lot of products.”

OverallOrganized streamlined assistance to running your dealership
ProsI like how they supply us with tools for every aspect of the dealership; from accounting, to reporting, to stocking in vehicles, to websites, to inventory and so on.
ConsThe wait time on hold is frustrating, however when I call for cobalt issues the wait time is much more reasonable!
June 18, 2018
Shane W.
Service Manager
Automotive, Unspecified
May 16, 2018

“Easy to use”

OverallEast to multi task and has great report generator.
ProsI love that you can switch easily from task to task. When constantly multitasking it makes it easy to move from one item to another.
ConsThe only concern is you have to pay for any kind of changes that you have to make to forms. It just seems like every little thing is an extra charge.
May 16, 2018
Halston S.
June 27, 2017

“We use CDK for both CRM and website hosting”

OverallIt helps provide both CRM and website hosting and building for our business
ProsIt is a very simple and relatively easy to use tool. From a website standpoint the backend tool gives great flexibility and real time ability to make changes
ConsThe CRM is extremely basic with its capabilities which limits what you can do compared to all its competitors.
June 27, 2017
Jason B.
Internet Director
June 7, 2017

“Great OEM site”

ProsThey have top notch customer service. If we need anything done they're on top of it and have the task completed normally with in 24 to 48 hours
ConsWe used to have a lot more control of what we could add to our website. I dont know if the OEM made some changes but it a lot harder to use now but thats why they have an awesome tech support line.
June 7, 2017
Sandra P.
Corp. Systems Trainer
February 6, 2018

“Using CDK daily has made my life much easier.”

ProsWhat I really like about CDK is the functionality of the system and all the many things you can do within CDK.
ConsWhat I like least about CDK is that occasionally the system goes down or is very slow but typically, this type of thing is resolved rather quickly and we are back up and running again.
February 6, 2018
BONNY M.
Accounts Receivables
October 4, 2018

“CDK GLOBAL REVIEW”

OverallSO FAR THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SOFTWARES TO USE. GREAT FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY.
ProsEASE OF USE, I LIKE HOW THE SCREENS ARE DISPLAYED. ABLE TO E-MAIL INVOICES FROM THE SOFTWARE WITHOUT PRINTING THEM FIRST.
ConsSOMETIMES THE DIFFERENT SCREENS FREEZE ON YOU AND YOU HAVE TO SHUT DOWN AND REOPEN.
October 4, 2018
Hillary T.
December 6, 2016

“We have to use it, but if we had better options, we would leave them”

OverallCDK offers a lot of customization, but not an ease of use. There are also SEVERAL restrictions on the site that make it difficult for us to build up our website the way we want to.
ProsIt does what it is supposed to do and it's pretty customize-able.
ConsSeveral restrictions, poor customer service.
Recommendations to other buyersN/A
December 6, 2016
Automotive, 501-1000 employees
November 2, 2018

“Best of the Automated DMS solutions”

OverallOverall experience is good. Support at times can be skeptical depending on what support center you reach. Best of the Automated DMS solutions, even though choices are slim.
Pros-Plenty of features -Integration struggles aren't too hefty -DMS able to integrate across multiple CRM platforms -Company keeps up with technology -Ability to archive Historical data
Cons-Inability or limited ability to navigate backside platforms -Price point is a bit high; Automated DMS tends to be with all companies -lack of certain certifications for various programs -Inability to house video and photos URLs for Vehicle Inventory
November 2, 2018
October 15, 2018

“Would not use if there was a choice”

ProsCDK is mandated by a parent company so there is not much choice when it comes to alternatives.
ConsBloated, cumbersome, limited these are the words that come to mind for CDK. Every element has room for improvement.
October 15, 2018
Allison F.
Marketing/IT Director
March 6, 2019

“Horrible Support & Behind The Time”

OverallOverall, all of CDK's products are lacking innovation and ease of use. Support is also an extremely huge issue for this company and they will lose clients if they do not start changing they way they do things.
ProsHonestly, there is not much I like about this software. The analytics dashboard is probably the only item I do not have complaints about.
ConsThe websites are glitchy and slow. The are not very compatible with a mobile layout, the dashboard is not easy to navigate or use to make changes, the support department is terribly slow and unhelpful and he marketing is a joke. We have been paying for display ads that lead to a broken 404 page!! When I brought it to their attention everyone I spoke with had no idea about it. This software is so behind the times and is no where near competitive with the other options, that I cannot wait until GM gives dealers more options so that I can switch.
March 6, 2019
MELISSA W.
Service Cashier
March 26, 2019

“Excellent program”

ProsI like that CDK is very easy to use and pretty self explanatory when using the software
ConsThere is nothing that I dislike about this software
March 26, 2019
Debra F.
Internet Manager
January 10, 2019

“Best company by far for many products!”

ProsThey have so many things that we utilize in the Auto Industry, and they are by far one of the best!
ConsThere is nothing not to like about CDK Global
January 10, 2019
February 8, 2018

“Good Product”

ProsOnce the system Is learned it was easy to navigate. There was a lot of features and different options.
ConsThe software Is very difficult to learn. It takes a lot of time and practice to be able to navigate because there are so many different screens and options.
February 8, 2018
Tabitha W.
General Manager
July 13, 2018

“CDK is a very in depth all inclusive software.”

OverallIf you really need to be able to look at everything in depth, this is right for you. But, as a small independent it was just too involved.
ProsThere is nothing that can't be done inside this software. You can run every report necessary and use any F&I process needed.
ConsIt takes a while to get used to finding your way around. We no longer use this product because it just did way more than what we needed. But it worked well for us when we were operating at max capacity.
July 13, 2018
Alicia B.
Business Development Manager

“A good service CRM”

OverallWe use CDK in our service dept and it is very efficient. It provides follow up functions and very easy to book appointments through.
ProsEase of use, customer service and functionality .
ConsPerhaps just a tad outdated.
Recommendations to other buyersNo
Bradley K.
Business Owner
Retail, 1-10 employees
January 14, 2019

“Support”

OverallReported problems or errors can take you an hour to 7 days to report. After CDK admits and recognizes software error it will take 4 months to eternity to have it corrected
ProsThe picture they painted when selling it to me
ConsExtremely poor slow support, continued to change and make it harder and harder to contact and the level of support when downhill Did not meet promises made when software was purchased, such as price books for canadian suppliers. That drug on for 5 years until they finally said they were not doing it. If I did not have so much already spent on this software I would switch in a heart beat
January 14, 2019
Justin P.
Security Officer
11-50 employees
February 22, 2018

“I use this software for car sales and customer tracking. Seems to work well.”

OverallEfficient management of sales leads.
ProsI enjoy being able to keep track of my customers and also have alerts on our inventory sent via email and text when a customer requests a specific vehicle.
ConsThe system seems to have random errors when it comes to saving customer information. For example, I was trying to save a customer who was already in our system. When I selected the customer, a random error prevented me from saving it due to an incorrect entry I couldn't overwrite. Also if a customer is entered as a lost sale, then the system will not allow us to select any records on that customer and we have to create a new lead.
February 22, 2018
Jack B.
Internet Sales Director
July 9, 2018

“CDK is one of two options for successful dealerships”

OverallCDK helps us manage our dealership.
ProsCDK is robust in features, and can integrate with most any other automotive software. CDK provides many functions that dealerships must have to operate successfully.
ConsCDK charges for everything. Even talking to their support requires a fee. Nothing is included in the high monthly fee. CDK is also extremely dated looking, antiquated to the point of 1990's software.
July 9, 2018
Josh R.
Rental Specialist
Automotive, 201-500 employees
January 10, 2017

“CDK is fantastic!”

OverallI use this software daily and it's so easy to use! The only time I've had to contact customer support they were very polite and fixed my issue quickly!
ProsEase of use.
ConsNone that I can think of.
January 10, 2017
Jessica F.
BDM
July 2, 2019

“CDK-No Thank You”

ProsUploading videos to the website is easy once I figured out the steps.
ConsThe website looks horrible compared to others. Using it for service is a nightmare. A lot of random codes needed and just overall not user friendly what so ever.
July 2, 2019
Jessica S.
Receptionist/Social Media
November 21, 2018

“CDK is a wonderful platform! ”

OverallGreat program, our advocate seems to know what she is doing, she is always pleasant and helpful. It features our products in a attractive way and I think it is a great asset to the business.
ProsRelatively easy to understand and use, sleek design.
ConsI can't really think of anything negative about the software. I find with the changes, unless I have taken the time to do the tutorials I am unsure how to do some stuff that I used to be able to do, but that is more my issue with finding time to do that.
November 21, 2018
Daniel H.
E-Commerce Manager
January 18, 2019

“Its CDK. ”

ProsI can't say I have anything that I like most about CDK.
ConsUnfortunately, CDK is still lacking in cutting edge technology. Their websites are just re-skinned cobalt websites. They are very glitchy and don't play well with other companies.
January 18, 2019
Jesse M.
November 4, 2016

“A powerful website platform”

OverallCDK Global has been a powerful website platform for our Buick GMC store experience. It provides great backend tool for customization of the site.
November 4, 2016
Melissa D.
November 3, 2016

“Not all the way SOLD on it..”

OverallLately it has had difficulty with getting the pricing right on the website. Every month we have to call and ask them to look at the website and fix things.
Kim P.

“Awesome Websites”

OverallThis company has one of the easiest websites to manager. You can make changes on the fly and also have an amazing support staff
Casey B.

“Great company”

OverallThis is a wonderful company, with amazing support! Overall a great experience for myself. Thank you!