Digital Wrench Ratings

Overall

About Digital Wrench

Repair Order Software for your type of business, Auto, Diesel, Marine, Motorcycle, RV and more. As low as $34.95mo, or purchase $495.00. Track RO's, Inventory, labor hours, history, reminders, scheduling. EZ to train new personnel. Fleet maintenance, transaction tracking. Optional Point of Sale, Marketing modules. Built in Email and text messaging. Import CSV files into inventory. Many more features than we can list here, yet, at the same time, very easy to use. Great Tech support. Learn more about Digital Wrench

Justin M.
Professor
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
August 14, 2019

“Perfect for small shop”

OverallI like the ease of adding customers and creating work orders. I also like the inventory management system. Although I don't use that particular function as much as others might, it has been helpful in tracking inventory item prices from vendors over time. This has allowed me to search for different vendors and reduce costs in several different areas. I have also been able to reduce the parts and supply inventory that I have on hand and stock the most appropriate supplies for my shop. Overall, my experience with Digital Wrench has been wonderful, and despite efforts from others in my organization (individuals not associated with my shop, just in other areas in the organization) to have me switch to different products (and I tried those other products out), Digital Wrench is the best choice for a small, specialized, or new shop.
ProsI like that this software is easy to use and teach to new technicians. I like that it is a great value for the money. It is relatively inexpensive and works perfect for my small shop here at the University where I teach.
ConsThere are lots of invoice options to choose from, however, when setting up the company information, not everything that is set up there that should appear on the invoices does so correctly. Instead of having to choose an invoice layout that is already pre-designed, I think it would be better to have a list of options provided and then have the entire invoice customized through the company setup.

By VMT Software on August 16, 2019
Thanks for the kind words. As far as invoices go, the company setup has a few options for invoice#16 or some of our built-in invoices. We have around 50 custom invoices in our report writer that you can modify directly so you can create an invoice just for your company. You can modify them there, and test them as well. Call us if you'd like some help modifying your own invoice.
August 14, 2019
Jordan E.
Mechanic
Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

“My review!”

OverallI purchased the program for the University of Alabama Grounds Department. This program is geared towards an individual shop owner, which is not exactly what I needed, but this is the closest program I could find to what I needed. We don't actually have customers or charge for parts or labor, we just needed a program to track what repairs we did to equipment within our department and how much money we spent on parts for each unit. I purchased the program mainly for the inventory portion to track how much we use throughout the fiscal year. We got several quotes for other repair utilities suited for our needs, but most were upward of $10,000 or more. All in all, I am very pleased with your program and it has helped us tremendously in keeping repair records of our equipment.
ProsThe inventory tracking is my favorite part of the software. it is easy to use and easy to track quantities of parts used throughout the year.
ConsI have noticed that when I save and print repair orders that it cuts off some of the sentences or does not print everything I wrote. Everything is there when you view the repair order but not after you save it to pdf. I also save all my forms to pdf so I can put them into an equipment records folder to keep track of each piece of equipment for the year and print them off. I have not found a way to send it directly to the folder. I am having to save it and then transfer it from my wrench folder in the C:/ drive to individual folders. Like I stated before, we do not include taxes or labor rates in our repair orders. It would be nice to have the option to remove different fields from the repair order to clean it up.
Recommendations to other buyersI am very please with our program and our customer support we had while using the demo and setting up the account!

By VMT Software on August 11, 2016
Jordan, Thanks for the kind words. As far as the RO printout is concerned we can fix that in short order. If you have the newest version, the invoice printouts have been fixed to show all of the labor. Also, some invoices now won't show the tax fields if you don't have taxes. Either way, you can use and/or copy one of the custom invoices and modify it easily and we'll be happy to help. To automatically send the pdf's to a particular folder you can set that up in the company setup area.
Jim W.
Automotive/Diesel Shop Owner
August 26, 2019

“Repair Order layout for a small shop”

OverallNo problems. All is good.
ProsYou can get started using the software and constructing R.O's immediately. As soon as I got the program, I started entering customer and vehicle information to build a customer base. I then opened a repair order and entered parts and labor of where I was on the vehicle; at the time. It helped me catch up in the shop. I like the fact that I don't miss posting labor or parts. My bottom line showed an immediate increase in daily sales. I'm bringing in more money because I'm not missing items that were repaired or should have been added to the R.O.
ConsWhen the customer pays me in advance, the cash receivable doesn't immediately calculate correctly. I have to press the "R"/recalculate before it will add the money to my already growing parts and labor totals.

By VMT Software on August 29, 2019
Jim, Thanks for the review. As far as the adding payments or adding payments in advance, highlight the Repair Order, then click on the Add Deposit Button. This will calculate everything normally.
August 26, 2019
David F.
August 11, 2016

“Outstanding business management software”

OverallI started my own auto repair shop a year and a half ago. Was looking for a software to keep track of all repairs and inventory. Was refered to Digital Wrench who was using software for an ATV shop. Looked into it and tried demo and fell in love with it. Ordered full version right away. Other than the ease of use, The price was the best part of this software.
ProsI like the ability to give my customers a detailed description of repairs performed and individual price of parts on one receipt.
ConsIt is rather difficult to find previous repairs for 1 customer.
Recommendations to other buyersIf your looking for software to manage just about every aspect of your business, It is well worth it to invest in Digital Wrench.

By VMT Software on July 10, 2019
David, Thank you for the comment. There are two ways to find customer history. Option 1 From the same screen where you would start a repair order follow the tabs to the right. You will see a tab called 1 Customer History. When you click on that tab you will be able to select your customer and see all the history. Option 2 To find all RO's for one customer click on the $ icon from the main screen, click on Find Customer, select the customer. Unclick balances only to see all past Ro's. You can then filter them by date, vehicle, or search by a keyword to see all Ro's that have that word. Call and we'll walk you through it.
Dawn K.
CFO

“Run... Get this!”

OverallI cannot day enough good things about Digital Wrench. Our experience for the past 4+ years has been nothing short of amazing!!
ProsWe stumbled for the first year we started our own business. We were working off of paper invoices for our customers and our inventory was a mess! Within 15 minutes of installing this software, we were up and running and have not looked back. I cannot stress enough the ease of use and the security in knowing if there should ever be a problem, support is always there! The cost is below what would be expected for a program than can be virtually customized for any need! Completely satisfied!
ConsAs hard as I try to think of a negative... I just cannot.

By VMT Software on August 8, 2019
Thanks Dawn. Glad to hear Digital Wrench is working well for you.
Dana L.
May 10, 2018

“For basic software for a smaller business, it's great for our needs.”

OverallEasily contain all customer information, easily access information of accounts, and invoicing.
ProsFor the most part, this software is very user friendly. We can easily access most information we need through search tools. Invoicing and keeping track of sales is very easy.
ConsA customer email function would be nice. We don't mass email often, but when we do, we have to copy/paste emails into our email account. Also, finding vehicle information is easy for every aspect of the vehicle except the VIN.

By VMT Software on May 16, 2018
Glad to hear it's working for you. As far as Email is concerned, you can use our Letter Editor (an optional program) to mass email your customers. This is nice because you can also do a 'Email Merge' so the letters are custom to each customer. You can also send a text or email to your customer to let them know the vehicle is finished. And of course you can email the customer the invoice or estimate as a PDF along with a custom message.
May 10, 2018
Jason L.
Service Manager
Retail, 1-10 employees
March 22, 2019

“Digital Wrench Review”

OverallEverything I need is at the touch of a button
ProsI've been using VMT Digital Wrench for 3 years now & the value you receive in this product is far beyond the price tag associated. In the Marine Industry the Work Order & POS Systems come at a premium rate but Digital Wrench does everything they do with the same ease of use they come with. For anyone looking for a professional product at a unbeatable value, VMT is by far the best option!!
ConsThere really is no Con w/ Digital Wrench in my opinion, the only thing it doesn't do the $10,000 systems do is integrate the parts vendors info via automatic web download
March 22, 2019
James C.
August 15, 2016

“DIGITAL WRENCH REVIEW”

OverallI used shop controller in the past . They just got way to expensive. I priced other programs and decided on digital wrench. They are easy on the wallet and have very good customer support. Digital wrench might not have everything shop controller has but they have everything a small shop needs and they are adding to it all the time. it
ProsEase of use once you lean the curve ,which is no to hard.
ConsNot being able to pull up a single car past history or maybe i do not know how.
Recommendations to other buyersNo. I AM VERY GLAD I FOUND THIS PROGRAM. I highly recommend this product

By VMT Software on August 15, 2016
James, In order to see a complete history for a customers car, click on the $ icon on the main screen, click on the find customer button. Then, click OFF the balances only checkmark and you will see all RO's, estimates, WIP's and Completed RO's (Invoices). To see just one vehicle, Click on the Vehicle Icon, select the vehicle, then click on the checkbox to the left of the vehicle. Not hard once you do it once.
August 15, 2016
Mike S.
Sports, 1-10 employees
August 7, 2019

“Motorcycle parts and service”

ProsNot a whole lot of options out there we going DW on line works great. I'm sure we are even using the full program so many things it can do. I'm a customer satisfaction person and the team has always been there for me. Can't enough great things about them. Thanks guys
ConsNone that I can think of at the moment. Would be nice to be able to text the customer there eat and invoice
RICARDO S.
June 5, 2018

“GREAT, LOVE THE SOFTWARE , RAY AND DON ARE THE BEST”

OverallMAKES THE COMPANY LOOK GOOD, WHEN WE CAN PULL UP A CUSTOMER IN SECONDS.
ProsHOW EASY CAN THIS GET? THE LEARNING CURVE IS JUST TO EASY. I HAVE TRIED OTHERS AND THIS IS BY FAR THE EASIEST. THE INVENTORY MODULE IS GREAT. YOU CAN SEARCH ANYWAY YOU WANT. THE PURCHASE ORDER MODULE IS AS EASY AS DRAG AND DROP AND THE EMAIL OPTION MAKES IT SUPERB. THE END OF DAY CASH DRAWER OPTIONS ARE SUPER. ADDING NEW CUSTOMERS IS A BREEZE. AND OF COURSE THE FLEXIBILITY OF THE SOFTWARE AS A WHOLE IS JUST AWESOME. THE GUYS, DON AND RAY, AT DIGITAL WRENCH ARE ALWAYS LISTENING TO THEIR CUSTOMERS AND IMPROVING THEIR PRODUCT. GREAT VALUE, YOU GET A LOT FOR YOU MONEY.
ConsWELL WHAT CAN I SAY I LIKE THE SOFTWARE. I WOULD LIKE MORE COLOR DOTS AND NEW AND IMPROVED TRAINING VIDEOS .
June 5, 2018
Marcelino D.
master technitian and owner
Automotive, 10,001+ employees
August 11, 2016

“EXTRAORDINARY TOOL FOR THE REAL AUTOMOTIVE BUISNESS”

OverallTHIS PROGRAM GIVE US A CONSTANT PERFORMANCE TO OUR SHOP, GREAT FOR OURS CLIENTS, SOME SAID NEVER SEE BEFORE A ENVOICE SO CLEAR AND FRENDLY.
ProsTHE MARK UP PRICE/ THE PACKAGE FOR OURS MOST IMPORTANT JOBS/THE MULTIPLE CATEGORIES FOR ALL WE NEED.
ConsTHE TAG # AND THE MILLAGE THAT WE ENTER IN THE VEHICLE PRIMARY PAGE DOES NOT PASS TO THE INVOICE PAGE. WE NEED TO PUT AGAIN.
Recommendations to other buyersTALK A LITLE SPANISH, THATS HELPS MORE SOME TIME FOR US ( SUPPORT)

By VMT Software on August 11, 2016
Thanks Marcelino. You can turn on syncing for the mileage and tag# in the company setup area. Let us know if you still have a problem after that.
DAVID P.
August 17, 2019

“Best work order and inventory software ”

OverallThe guys are quick to fix issues and make improvements, great company to work with
ProsEasy to get started using, no crashes, great customer service, does everything I need, best price
ConsWould like to be able to change the print layout

By VMT Software on August 19, 2019
David, Glad Digital Wrench is working well for you. You can change the print layout of the invoices by using the report manager. Call us and we'll show you how that can be done. You can also use the report manager to create your own inventory, customer, cash, and many more reports.
August 17, 2019
Gary O.
Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees
August 7, 2019

“Best Value & Easy to Use”

OverallI have been in business for one year and I have been using this program from day one. It has made thing very simplified. I would definitely recommend this product.
ProsIt was very easy to set up and start using. I like the amount of data this program stores and the reports your able to run. At this price point your getting a good value.
ConsI would like to see more fields have the ability to edit in the customers vehicle area.

By VMT Software on August 8, 2019
Gary, Thanks for your feedback. Call us and lets talk about what you need for the vehicle fields. We want to make it as versatile as possible.
EUGENE M.

“GENE'S HONEST REVIEW”

OverallHAVE BEEN USING PROGRAM FOR A LITTLE OVER 3YRS,HAD A FEW PROBLEMS IN THE BEGINNING BUT TECH SUPPORT WAS ONLY A PHONE CALL AWAY AND ALWAYS VERY HELPFUL.PROBLEMS WERE ALWAYS RESOLVED QUICKLY.
ProsYOU CAN CUSTOMIZE TO YOUR NEEDS. PRICE IS FAR BETTER THAN ANY OTHER PROGRAMS I'VE LOOKED INTO. LIKE SNAP ON,NAPA,MITCHELL.
ConsDON'T REALLY HAVE ANY. WOULD LIKE TO CUSTOMIZE A LITTLE MORE TO MY LIKING & PROBALY COULD IF I WAS MORE OF A COMPUTER WIZ. I KNOW JUST ENOUGH TO GET MYSELF INTO A JAM & THEN HAVE TO ASK MY SON FOR HELP.
Amanda B.
Owner/Office Manager

“Look no further!”

OverallStarting our new business and trying to find the right software for our repair orders was overwhelming. Until I came across Digital Wrench. I watched a youtube video, read reviews, and gave it a try. Best decision ever!
ProsThe price, by far the best out there, very affordable! The customer service is awesome!!! You can call Ray or Don anytime and they are quick to answer, really listen to your concerns (even recommendations!), and they are extremely helpful. Very nice guys too!
ConsI can not think of one complaint!
Recommendations to other buyersWatch the videos they have uploaded, they are helpful. Keep up with the system updates.
CATHRYN B.
VP/Owner
Automotive, 11-50 employees

“Excellent Value”

OverallI have been more than happy with this product from day one - we have been using it for over 4 years now and have no plans to change.
ProsEfficient, fast, good value. Support is awesome!
ConsThat would be a questions for the users but they seem to be happy with the system.
Bill M.

“Love this program!”

OverallI'm a small, (two man) busy Auto repair shop owner who is not particularly computer savvy. This program is perfect for someone like me due to it's simplicity, and ease of use. The customer support is second to none. For my business, I don't use many of the functions available to me, but it's nice to know that they're there when I need them.
ProsThe simplicity and the customer support.
ConsHonestly, there are a couple of very minor things that I need to understand, but are probably easily cleared up with a call to customer support. Otherwise, I'm completely satisfied with this program.
Brad N.
Mechanic
Automotive, 11-50 employees

“Dig wrench review”

OverallLove it highly recommended
ProsThe daily jobs r listed nicely and love how it keeps track of mechanic times
ConsNeeds auto backup, need to have a better search bar

By VMT Software on August 8, 2019
Brad, Thanks for your review. I'm not sure if you have it turned on, but the program will ask you to backup (using our built-in backup program) whenever you exit the program. We don't do auto backups because database files need to be closed for a backup to function well. Call us on the search. We'll show you how to use the locator which is built in to almost every browse screen.
Ralf V.
July 10, 2017

“Technician of 34 Years”

OverallIt is flawless in keeping record of my cashflow.
ProsI find it hard to use. And there is really nothing for me to coment on. The Program works great but is not what I was expecting.
ConsAs many of the other Software's out there this is aiming for the "Selling" and "Money" side of things. It is certainly not catering to the Customer. When I purchased this I was hoping to get a Software that can easily show me repairs that I did for my customers but that is not the Case here. I am disappointed that the Customer gets left out in the cold. So if you are looking to serve your Customers you may want to look elsewhere. If you worried about the Money side of things this Software is more than capable to do that for you.

By VMT Software on July 11, 2017
Ralf, Sorry to hear you're having trouble finding the customer history. All RO's relate to a customer, so you can easily see all work done, all parts sold to any particular customer by clicking on the $ icon on the very first screen. Then, click on the Find Customer button, select the customer and all RO's with balances will immediately display. To see all RO's, just uncheck the Balances Only button. You can also filter the repairs by one of the customer's vehicles, a date range, or even search parts or labor with a keyword like 'Oil' or 'Brakes' or whatever you choose, all from the same screen. If you every have any difficulties, please let us know. We are happy to help. Plus, it is comments from our customers that enable us to keep enhancing and improving our software. Thank you, Ray Rippey Programmer
July 10, 2017
Scott S.
September 6, 2016

“Perfect for small repair shops”

OverallI will start out with the bad first. As a small independent repair shop this software is nearly perfect. The only flaw it has for us is the fact that we cant track cores or do core tax that Oklahoma charges but we don't get back. however it is great for tracking inventory, techs time on jobs and is excellent for customer and unit number tracking for previous repairs. Overall I would buy this software over and over and over if needed. P.S. Jim was excellent at writing a specific repair order format just for our company.
Proscustomer and unit number tracking and parts inventory and reorder ability.
Conscores and core tax issues.
Recommendations to other buyersit truly is great for independent repair shops.

By VMT Software on September 6, 2016
Thanks for your review Scott. I will make sure the core charge issue is put on our ToDo List.
September 6, 2016
Nic C.
August 11, 2016

“Simplicity with a great backbone. ”

OverallI was looking for a program that was easy to use with a lot of features. I found digital wrench to be just that. There are a lot of features that I still dont take advantage of.
ProsEase of use, customer tracking, and parts list.
ConsNot completely necessary, but would be nice to have a sales tax report integrated(maybe it does and I havent found it).

By VMT Software on July 10, 2019
The sales tax reports are under the End of Day area. There are two columns in the option, the left column is the report for the daily transactions. You should run the summary or detail report once a day then click on the purge and copy button. This transfers the information to the history file where you can get reports for whatever time period you set it for. This will give you income and taxes in those reports.
Jeff R.

“Outstanding Product ”

OverallIt's been great and I plan on using for a long time.
ProsI like how user friendly it is. The support is great. The cost is excellent.
ConsI honestly can't think of any negatives.
Jesus C.

“Best software ”

OverallI have used this software every day for several years and its always worked great. Have never had any issues with it. If I had any questions on any feature tech support was always ready to help and answer any question that I may have
ProsTech support is the best. Always a fast response.
ConsNone
marcel n.
General manager

“Digital Wrench review”

Overallinventory control quarterly reports easy to use
ProsEasy simple to use very affordable great team to work with
Consnothing everything about it is great. and if not they update so its great
Donna R.
August 10, 2016

“Digital Wrench Review A+”

OverallGreat software and the customer service is awesome. These guys are very professional and helpful. Glad I found this product. Better than all the others out there by far!
ProsAll of it!
ConsNone of it.
Recommendations to other buyersIt's awesome. If it can't do it, just call them and they will try to accommodate.
louis l.

“Eurosport auto care”

Overallcould use easier simple reports and easier flat rate hour tracking. iCONS COULD BE MORE SIMPLE AND MENUS AS WELL.
Prosusability
Consfunctionality
Recommendations to other buyersIntegration with parts and labor guides for estimation purposes
Ron S.
February 15, 2019

“My review of Digital Wrench”

OverallDigital wrench allows me to easily make work orders and invoices. The customer support is beyond good.
ProsIt took me a little while to get used to using the software but CSR were there to get me on my way.
ConsThere really isn't anything I can say negative about Digital Wrench.
February 15, 2019
Mike N.
Office Cleark

“Awesome Software”

OverallI love this software, it does everything we need and more. As a fairly young shop we are still finding new features and learning how to use them. Any time we have a question, the never hesitate to help us out and walk us through any new feature or problem we may be having.
ProsLots of features and really simple to use, great customer service.
Robert M.

“Easy and Functional.”

OverallI run a one man one bay shop. I needed something affordable and useful. I say useful because some of the more expensive management packages have way more features/options than I need.
ProsSuper easy to run. No learning curve, installed and started using.
ConsCannot use with my Realtime Labor guide online subscription.

By VMT Software on August 11, 2016
Robert, We have talked with Real Time Labor guide last month. They have a CD version that we are compatible with. They do not have an interface for their on line system yet.
Joseph P.
Maritime, 1-10 employees

“Great Product”

ProsNot computer savvy at all and its very easy to set up and use.
ConsThere are a lot of options to choose from and not being computer smart it can be someone hard to figure out but its no big deal.
JONATHAN B.
SERVICE MANAGERMASTER CERTIFIED MARINE TECHNICIA
August 10, 2016

“BEST VALUE SERVICE SOFTWARE HANDS DOWN!”

OverallI WAS DOING PARTS AND SERVICE ORDERS BY HAND FOR YEARS. AFTER GETTING DIGITAL WRENCH, I AM ABLE TO SHAVE HOURS OFF OF MY DAY AND KEEP RECORDS AT A BUTTONS REACH. THE TECH SUPPORT IS SECOND TO NONE!
ProsEASE OF USE, VERY AFFORDABLE.
ConsNONE!
Recommendations to other buyersPERFECT FOR SMALL BUSINESS AND DEALERS ALIKE!
Michael J.
Automotive Instructor
Education Management, 201-500 employees
August 10, 2016

“Career and Technical School”

OverallDigital wrench has been been a great tool for our automotive program. We are able to show students how to write repair orders on a computer and maintain a customer database at the same time.
ProsWe have enjoyed being able to store customer information. It is a time saver once a customer's information has been imputed.
ConsThere are a lot of steps to remember, so you need to use the program frequently to get familiar with it.
Moose E.
office ,shop manager

“our digital wrench ”

Overallvery great company to deal with ,tech support was great at first start up .after getting the hang of it ,it meets all the needs we have. love it
Prosevrything ive found so far
Consreally dont dislike anything
Recommendations to other buyersnone
Al R.

“Digital wrench”

OverallUsed about a year still learning Parts inventory works good packages some times hard to setup Would be nice to pull up cust. From closed work orders
ProsSupport
ConsNot linked to parts store

By VMT Software on August 10, 2016
Al, If you view a closed RO you can click on the customer edit icon at the top and edit the customer and it will copy the customer info into the closed RO. Call if you need help with that or it is something else.
David H.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees
August 11, 2016

“Best Software For a Truck Repair Shop”

OverallI have had this software for over a year now and have had no complaints at all. It has made my job a lot easier. Plan to keep from now on.
ProsBookkeeping.
ConsNone
john a.

“digital222 ”

Overallwe have used this software for about two years and they keep improving software all the time but we wish you had a vehicle identafacaton number decoder
Reggie P.
Business owner of a motorcycle shop

“Digital Wrench”

OverallThis program is so easy to use and it saves me time. Customer service is the best. Do your self and your business a favor and get this program! Well worth the $$$!
ProsKeeps track of my most common sales and repairs.
ConsReports took me a while to understand but once I did it a few times the better I liked it.
Keith B.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1-10 employees
August 22, 2019

“We love Digital Wrench”

OverallWe are creating all of our work orders and part sales on this program. The invoice looks neat and it is even personalized with our business name and logo. We love the fact that all our records are saved in one spot. We also have transferred our parts list onto this program for fast look up of parts. Anytime we need help,the reps have been there and help us get through it. They both have been very helpful to our needs of this program.
ProsThe ease of the software is the best. My husband can even use this program and he is not very computer savvy.
ConsIt took awhile to get to know all the program offers. We are still finding helpful hints within.
August 22, 2019
Matthew C.
December 16, 2016

“Would highly recommend!!”

OverallI purchased this work order software January 2016 after shopping around at others for months. I own a small marine repair business and what I needed the most was keeping track of my inventory, sales tax, and a professional work order. I have to say that this software is so much more and very easy to use!!! I used to have to go through every handwritten work order scattered all over my desk and it literally took me hours just to figure out how much taxes I owed and what parts I needed to reorder. Now with just one click and a matter of seconds its figured for me. The inventory feature works great and lets me know when I need to reorder and how much. It is a very detailed program and surpassed my expectations! Customer care representatives have been extremely helpful to me, especially through the online remote support! The monthly subscription is WELL WORTH the time it saves me. If you are a small business like I am, give it a try. I am a well-pleased customer!! Thanks
December 16, 2016
Chung T.
Member
August 10, 2016

“Its a great shop siftware!”

OverallThis software is great & Don is very helpful and knowledgable. Tried other softwares in the past. Either it's too expensive or it doesn't work as it should.
ProsIt's easy to use & keeps track of everything I need so far. So far so good.
ConsNot at this moment.
Recommendations to other buyersNot at this moment.
WILLIAM C.
August 12, 2016

“Digital Wrench, ANOTHER TOOL FOR SHOP SUCCESS!”

OverallI HAVE A SMALL SHOP. HAVE HAD THE BIG NAME COMPANIES SOFTWARE. BUT THE BIG MONTHY FEES WERE A BIG BURDEN. DIGITAL WRENCH HAS A SMALL MONTHLY FEE WITH NO CONTRACT. START WHEN YOU WANT, END WHEN YOU WANT. IT HAS ALOT OF FEATURES AND DOES MORE THAN ENOUGH. IT HAS WORKED WELL FOR MY SHOP. THIS PROGRAM ACTUALLY ALLOWS ME TO BE MORE PROFITABLE. I JUST PUT THE PARTS AND LABOR IN, IT DOES ALL THE FIGURING. WHAT THE BOTTOM LINE IS, THAT'S THE REPAIR COST.
ProsNO CONTRACT. EASY TO USE. HAS ALOT OF FEATURES IN THE PROGRAM. LOOKS PROFESSIONAL.
ConsDON'T REALLY HAVE ANY.
Recommendations to other buyersIT'S GOT A FREE TRIAL. I USED IT FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS BEFORE I HAD TO DECIDE ON WHETHER TO PURCHASE OR NOT. TRY IT OUT!
Ikanyeone N.
Mechanical Engineer
August 11, 2016

“Forier Transform Botswana Pty Ltd use Digital Wrench Auto Workshop management software daily.”

OverallThe software is affordable and easy to use. The software organized our daily operations in amazing way, we are now able to keep track of our spares inventory and track work in progress. Overall it made us look more professional on services we offer.
ProsEasy navigation with well placed dashboard and comprehensive report formats.
ConsDifficulty to link it with electronic catalogues.
Recommendations to other buyersThe software should come with basic common spares and work procedures pre loaded, just like the demo version, it will save us great time to system categories and spares.
Trevor M.
August 11, 2016

“My review of Digital Wrench”

OverallWhen I was looking for an invoicing software this was not the first to come up on google search. After trying a few unsuccessful other soft wares I came across Digital Wrench. Right from the start it appeared to do what I needed it to. Customer service was on the ball. The other ones I tried did not even respond. Have been using now several months and no issues.
ProsEasy to use. Tracks my invoices and sales data.
ConsIt is overkill for what I do need but I guess it is not really a con.
Recommendations to other buyersExcellent all around software.
January 28, 2019

“Don't see the positive Reviews”

OverallCould not make them understand my Overall Customer focus.
ProsIf you like to know where the money is ?
ConsEverything is about Money and not the customer!

By VMT Software on July 10, 2019
The person that did this review has never ran our software! Our software does track your income and taxes. Our main focus is keeping a great customer history which is easy to find from the same screen that we start repair orders on or a special comprehensive history available from the main menu by pressing the yellow dollar sign screen. Digital Wrench also tracks inventory, has purchase order, allows multiple vehicles per customer and so much more.
January 28, 2019
Andy M.

“Digital Wrench Review”

OverallOverall the software is sufficient for my needs, however the report part is not complete and should be improved.
ProsIt is simple enough and somewhat comprehensive.
ConsYou can not open invoices in a lot of reports(example ; Brows invoices). The inventory report does not give the total amount for each vender. The history on inventory items needs improvement.
Recommendations to other buyersImprove the Report section . Package creator needs improvement as well

By VMT Software on August 10, 2016
Andy, Give us a call and we'll go over your idea's and see if we can get them resolved.
Tim Z.
Headmech
November 17, 2014

“Fits any shop.”

Overall We have used VMT's Didital Wrench for more then 12 years. I work at a Golf and Country Club. We have 208 golf carts and alot of turf equipment. This program lets track it all. I have about $250,000 in parts and it is nice to go to one place to find it. It is a ez program to set up and use. One new thing they came out with is the daily reminder to back up everything. We do about 5 invoices daily. When I have had a problem Don always helps me fix it. So great coustomer service. The only con is that when one of the members leaves we can not del. there costumer number. Great program!

By VMT Software on August 10, 2016
Tim, In the new version you can transfer all Ro's along with the vehicle to a new customer, then delete the old customer.
November 17, 2014
Jesus C.
November 5, 2014

“Customer use.”

OverallPros: We have been using this for about 3 year now and we love it. I recommend it to anyone who has a repair shop. All of the updates are free and the customer service is the best. Any time I call Don for tech support he always has time for us. Getting updates, how to access certain features on the software and any questions we may have. Thank you Don. Cons: When you first get the software I didn't have any instruction on how to use, but calling tech support was really helpful.

By VMT Software on November 5, 2014
Thank you Jesus. Just so you know, we have the help files that can also be printed if you need a hard copy. Also, there are several videos online that can be a great help for beginners.
November 5, 2014
Luis M.
Account executive
Automotive, 51-200 employees
December 11, 2018

“Good software to manage and organize a small business”

ProsI really like that is really easy to keep track of our inventory on the inventory module.Really easy to use.
ConsI would like them to add more trainning videos. The ones there help make the most out of the software.
December 11, 2018
Edward S.

“Digital Wrench review”

OverallLooked long and hard to replace our old system and found Digital wrench and it has been working great we have 3 work stations and they all work great together, way more efficient now that we changed up to Digital Wrench. Ray and Don have always been there when needing a question asked support is great.
Paul B.
September 30, 2016

“Considerably better than Quick books.”

OverallI spent $500 on Quickbooks Premier and was completely dissatisfied with it. It was only capable of holding 14,500 lines of inventory as well as being very difficult to use. I have been using Digital Wrench for almost a year now with no problems. Customer Service has been outstanding with helping me use the software. I currently have over 300,000 line items of inventory and the program has not slowed downed at all.
ProsInventory quantity and ease of use.
September 30, 2016