The Applicant Manager Ratings

Overall
4.7/5
4.7/5
4.8/5

About The Applicant Manager

The Applicant Manager (TAM) helps professionals make the right hiring decisions by streamlining the posting, selection, and on-boarding processes for your team and new hires. We offer one of the most versatile features packages of any applicant tracking system available today--at a fraction of the cost--so that you focus on finding and hiring the best candidates. We'll take care of the leg work. Learn more about The Applicant Manager

Ryan W.
HR
Machinery, 201-500 employees
August 11, 2019

“Affordable”

OverallIt's saved me a lot of time and helped me be more accountable on follow-up with applications, which is huge. Having everything in one place, being able to search through previous applicants and their application history and now allowing applicants to get lost in the process are huge benefits.
ProsIt was the most affordable full feature ATS I demo'd. It does the basic features very well. Quick responses from customer support. It's very nice being able to post to multiple job boards at once. It's nice being able to search applications/resume by keyword or by tags that I've assigned. Helps keep me accountable with reminders to follow-up with applicants, even if it's just to send a rejection email.
ConsWhen I'm creating a new position and want to use the information from a previous post the history doesn't go back far enough sometimes, instead only showing the most recently closed positions. They say they check in with you regularly to make sure things are going ok but that hasn't been my experience. My original account manager checked in and was always available to answer questions but he has since left the company. I haven't heard from anyone there for quite awhile (don't let them tell you they are having trouble reaching me either, my email address and phone number haven't changed since I signed up for the service). Not a huge deal though, emailing customer support has always resolved my issues. There aren't a ton of outages but I have experienced more, albeit short term, outages than I'd like to. Sometimes the site is just inaccessible for 10-15 minutes. We've whitelisted the site and the rest of our internet services work fine so it's not likely an issue on our end. I usually discover this as I'm about to go into an interview and realize I can't access the applications or notes. I wish there were a better way for my placement agency to submit applications without having to create a user account for them (doubling my cost!). Again, minor complaint, but it would be a nice feature. I also wish they integrated with my personality assessment provider. They say they've never heard of my provider - so what? I've used them for 15+ years!
August 11, 2019
Stephanie T.
Hr Rep
August 16, 2018

“Great starter ATS”

OverallGreat starter ATS system. We did not have anything in place before this system and it has helped streamline our process.
ProsGreat starter ATS system. Easy to use. visually appealing Quick set up Collects all info in 1 place.
ConsPay per user Missing a bunch functions. They could, in theory, be available but because we have a limited budget we only pay for 1 user they are not. Not the best customer service. Does not work on all browswers

By The Applicant Manager on August 24, 2018
Thanks so much for taking the time to submit a review! We've had a hard time reaching you for your regular support check-ins, so we're bummed, but not too surprised to see some misunderstandings here. First, TAM is a full-featured ATS and every client (single users to multi-national organizations) has access to all of TAM's functions, regardless of the number of users. Can we meet up some time soon to review the features you're having trouble finding? The fact that you've found our customer service lacking is particularly surprising to us - in fact, it's what many users love most about TAM! We reach out proactively at least yearly and strive to resolve all customer issues promptly and completely. I don't see any open tickets for you or other recent issues; is there a particular incident where we fell short in assisting you? Finally, we're very proud that TAM works equally well in all major browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Internet Explorer), but we find that corporate network settings can sometimes hinder functionality in one browser or another. Have you talked to your IT team about whitelisting our domain? We're very glad that you find TAM easy to use and that it has helped you streamline your hiring process, but we're committed to showing you that TAM is a full-featured, fully functional ATS with a beyond-stellar support team. Let's set up some follow-up meetings to show you what we mean!
August 16, 2018
Russ D.
Corporate Recruiter
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
March 7, 2018

“TAM is great! Very intuitive ATS with a smooth implementation.”

OverallMy main objective was to find an ATS that was easy for my hiring managers and executives to use. I have had not one single complaint from any of my users about implementing this tool. To a user, they all love it. Having worked with some of the more complicated and expensive tools on the market, I was very pleased to see how TAM integrated with my hiring processes
ProsThe Forms feature that TAM uses is without a doubt the coolest features I have ever seen in an ATS. Managers and Executives normally roll their eyes when HR tells them that they have to learn a new tool in order to hire candidates. TAM solved this by putting the majority of Manager and Executive interaction in simple, interactive forms that are emailed to users. They don't even have to log into the tool to complete approvals and reviews. Let me repeat that: Users do NOT have to log into the ATS to approve a requisition, approve a hire, or submit interview feedback. They get a simple email with check boxes or drop-down items (you get to pick which). This feature has completely avoided the normal issues with integrating a new system; my managers love it. Developing my approval flows (for both requisitions and candidates) was easy to develop. My support representative had great suggestions and walked me through setting them up. They were also ready and willing to help me create workflows and approval flows for special cases. Nobody at TAM tried to get me to put any round pegs in any square holes. TAM allows me to create event triggers that simplify most activity in the ATS. When I click the 'thumbs up' button, an email is automatically generated forwarding the candidate profile to the hiring manager for review. The email automatically includes the position title and the applicant name. And just as importantly, the email comes from me, vice a 'no-reply' email address. Any 'event' in TAM can be tied to a trigger to send an email. These features can be created and maintained by MY team; I don't have to contact TAM support to change a workflow step. Service and Support. I can't say enough about the service that Caroline provided to us both during and after our implementation. TAM gave me a comprehensive checklist of information that they needed prior to all of our meetings. They also gave me access to explore the system on my own and discover some features. I very much appreciated the fact that they were flexible and let the training sessions develop organically. I receive exactly the same level of attention from Caroline now (a month after go-live) that I received before we paid for our bill, if not more attention. The support team has also very patient with me doing the bull-in-a-china-shop thing with the ATS and cleaned up all the messes that I made during training and implementation. Technical support: When one of my users made a suggestion that next workflow steps be revealed when a user hovered over a thumb-up icon, Caroline and tech team thought it was a great suggestion and implemented it within 24 hours. They've been fast and transparent with all of my requests. My 2nd favorite thing about TAM was the price. Compared to some of the other tools I have worked with in the past, TAM is a bargain. It's definitely not the tool for a staffing agency to use but from a Corporate Recruiting point of view, it's amazing.
ConsI wish that I could click on the Positions from my dashboard and link to the job instead of having to go to the Positions Table to accomplish that.
March 7, 2018
Jessica T.
July 31, 2017

“TAM is one of the cheapest month to month plans, while still being able to customize and automate the hiring process. ”

OverallAll in all, TAM is a good application tracking system. It's a lot better than hiring by email, and using excel files. They do have quite a bit of con, BUT it is one of the most advanced application tracking systems for a user. If you're mostly interested in keeping all of your applicants in one place, and easily posting jobs, TAM is a great option
Pros-I like the Staff, has been amazing, she has helped me understand quite a bit about the software, and shes even offered several great suggestions, to make my workflow easier. I like that each user is assigned one designated go-to person. -I like the filtering features. You can view all candidates, and simply type what you want to see in each column. Other systems weren't as easy to filter out unwanted information. -I like the fact they have the desktop tab. Being able to see a graph of all your candidates, and where they stand is very helpful. -I like that it is very easy to copy jobs. No more retyping, or copying and pasting several jobs. You can create a new position and use an old job to edit. -If you have jobs that you are consistently looking for candidates for, the re-post feature is extremely helpful. TAM offers on every position an option to re-post the add every X amount of days (min, 30 days) So you don't have to remember to re-post every month! -I like that you can pick and chose the positions you would like to receive email notifications for. -I like that you can export any data that you have in the candidate table (the reporting maybe limited for certain needs, but any data you use by searching applicants or filtering applicants, you can easily export into excel. Therefore making tons more reports) -I like the fact they are integrated with several other software so you can gather more information on the candidate all while staying linked to their profile (ex. background checks, Drug tests, reference checks, skill assessments) -I like that you can easily add a candidate, or upload a resume
Cons-I don't like the implementation fee. I'm quite a self learner. Although I was showed a few things, and answered a few questions. I'm not sure if its price is worth that. I set up everything during my trial run. Support walked me through all of her phases of training, yet everything I had already completed. -I don't like that the color schemes on the graphs. Its all shades of blue, so when you have several workflow steps, its hard to decipher which step it is or what position it is. -I don't like how they have the feature to post a job to multi locations in the one job position, but some job boards will only pull the first location. So its not TAM's fault. It's a cool concept and descent feature, if only it worked. -During implementation they also said TAM is google calendar supported. BUT I have to share my google calendar to be public in order for it to sync. -The application is NOT completely customize able. They have pick and chose options. If you want to customize it and make changes, they have another fee. -For DOT information, drivers are required to enter 10 years of work history. but TAM only has a spot for 6 entries for work history (tech team is working on this)

By The Applicant Manager on August 9, 2017
Jessica, thank you so much for your thoughtful review. We particularly appreciate your feedback on our implementation fee. You are definitely a strong self-starter and did a ton of less-guided work, once we had your system set up, but our tech team¿s extensive work in getting your system customized and ready for that work is the same regardless of user skill, and dictates part of our implementation fee. More importantly, we are strongly committed to the idea that your subscription to TAM will be your only ongoing cost, so we structure our implementation fee to include not just system configuration, careers/jobs page creation, but also data import (if needed), software updates, 3-4 hours of initial training, regular support check-ins, and lifetime training for refreshers and new admins, as well as lifetime service and support to you and your users. Where others might have smaller or no implementation fees, they often charge extra fees for some or all of the above. Again, we greatly appreciate the time and effort you took to provide your thorough feedback, so above all else, thank you for your feedback and for being a TAM client! -Caroline
July 31, 2017
Tia W.
Training & Human Resources Specialist
July 19, 2017

“Best Applicant Tracking Software for Small Company ”

OverallAfter researching multiple ATS systems and sitting through many demos I once again (this is my second time implementing TAM with a company) selected TAM for our recruiting and applicant tracking needs.
ProsCustomized emails Great support team Constant upgrades Ongoing training Direct push to job boards
ConsThis product is only for recruiting and applicant tracking. No onboarding, training tracking, or HRIS capabilities - which I did not need at this time.

By The Applicant Manager on August 9, 2017
Tia, thank you so much for taking the time to provide this excellent feedback! It¿s one of our favorite things when we have users return to TAM when they¿ve found a new job. It¿s happening all the time now, and we love getting some of our favorite users back when they¿ve left a job at a client company. One thing I wanted to make sure to alert you to, is that we do indeed provide support for onboarding! We are integrated with an online signing platform that allows you to send documents and track signing progress from within TAM, and to receive completed copies back in your applicant¿s profiles. It¿s a finer point, but you could also use TAM to track training progress by adding those steps to your workflows. As you correctly noted, we¿re not an all-in-one solution, and we never intend to be. In those cases, inclusiveness tends to degrade the efficacy and/or utility of one or more pieces of a product. We believe it is better, we¿re glad you agree, that it is better to work hard to be the best at one thing, and in doing so to earn the trust and loyalty of our clients. Most of all, I want to thank you again for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback, and for being a TAM client (again)! Please give me a shout some time soon if you¿d like to see a demo of our onboarding integration. - Caroline
July 19, 2017
Carri A.
Director of Communications

“Great Implementation Team”

OverallThe salesperson I first talked to was very inexperienced but VERY pleasant and great with following up and getting my questions answered. I have loved working with my client rep Caroline. I have struggled with frustration over the time it takes to get simple things fixed (still waiting) with the tech team.
ProsI loved working with Caroline to implement the software. She was highly knowledgeable and is always willing to answer my questions. It is easy to get in touch with her when there are issues as well. I like that we are able to rate applicants and that the software is easy to use.
ConsI have had trouble with the development/tech team implementing necessary changes. We have an ongoing issue with our application and I have asked four times for the issue to be fixed and it is still not fixed. I also think that while the development team does a good job getting the program to work correctly, they don't always focus on the end-user experience or do enough testing on mobile or different devices to see how it looks and what the UI is actually like for users. The application works, but it could be easier to use and I don't see The Applicant Manager as being interested in making things the best they can be. Instead, if I want these basic changes to make things the way I believe they should have been designed in the first place we are either put off and they don't complete those tasks, or we are told they may cost us extra. That just doesn't seem right to me.
Michele F.
Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees
August 10, 2018

“TAM Fan!”

ProsWe're a small company and TAM checked all the boxes for us at a very reasonable rate. It is easy to use, the knowledge base is very helpful, and when we need something more, the customer service is instantaneous! There is no waiting for help. TAM has made our lives so much easier, especially as an Affirmative Action company with the tracking requirements we have. We've appreciated that when we have a suggestion, it is taken seriously and often times we see the system upgraded with those suggestions included. The system seems very nimble and the TAM staff highly responsive and a pleasure to work with. We don't use all the features, but those we do are easy and intuitive.
ConsNo complaints whatsoever, but looking forward to being able to text/track conversations with candidates in the future!

By The Applicant Manager on August 16, 2018
Michele - Thank you so much for your enthusiastic and thorough review! We've very much enjoyed having you as a client, and we look forward to a long partnership ahead! Cheers!
August 10, 2018
James L.
August 7, 2018

“TAM is a recruiting lifesaver! ”

ProsI love TAM's ability to track emails to and from candidates/recruiters within their application profile. It allows for anyone who's part of the hiring team to see where they left off which is extremely helpful if someone was out sick. The automatic job postings to 5-6 job boards is incredible helpful as well. Our account managers were extremely helpful and always quick to respond. I'm also in love with the onboarding packet you can add.
ConsThe UX design of the email thread could be more appealing, the onboarding feature where candidates fill out forms has been glitchy/hard to work with from time to time. I wished it could automatically populate certain things.

By The Applicant Manager on August 16, 2018
James - thanks so much for your thorough review - we appreciate your feedback! I'd love to hear more about what differences you'd like to see in TAM's email system. Your team has made great use of TAM's extra features, like onboarding. I know we've already made some improvements to those processes based on your feedback - are there other specific improvements you have in mind? The onboarding tool does have the ability to auto-populate a great number of fields prior to signing - which ones of these have been missing for you? Let's try to connect soon to review all of the above!
August 7, 2018
Melissa B.
Civil Engineering, 201-500 employees

“The Best of TAM”

OverallI have worked with a few different Applicant Tracking systems and none have been this easy to use. From the ease of application to friendly and prompt customer service, this is by far my favorite system to use.
ProsI appreciate the customization available to me if I need it. It is also rare these days to have a service provider take your input and suggestions and put it to fruition. Another one of my favorite pieces is the regular webinars. I like learning how other companies use this software as it's given us some great ideas.
ConsNow that we've used this software for a few years, our requisition list is getting rather long. When I am looking for a certain position to copy from, it'd be great to have more search features to pull the one I want.
Cara H.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
December 6, 2017

“Amazing team with full support”

OverallGreat team and excited to see how this ATS morphs as our needs do.
ProsFull service ATS Easy to configure Able to section out different companies - staffing agency need Looks great
ConsGreater analytics once candidate hits the ATS Greater analytics of exactly where candidates came from (vs. self identified)

By The Applicant Manager on December 19, 2017
Hi Cara, Thanks so much for taking the time to provide this review! It¿s been our pleasure helping get your system up-and-running, and we know the service will continue to impress you, as we take feedback like yours very seriously when determining what features will make it into our next release. (You can expect to see releases every few months, and they¿re always chock-full of items requested by clients like you.) For your question on applicant sources, we actually *just* released a new filter for source reporting, which will allow you to do exactly what you¿ve asked for, here. We¿d love to meet up with you some time soon to talk about what other analytics you¿d like to see, so watch for an email form us to set that up. Thank you again for your review! Happy Holidays!
Stephanie B.
Recruiting Coordinator
Insurance, 201-500 employees
March 14, 2017

“Recruiting software that feels like it was built by recruiters”

OverallThey have a free trial that gives a lot of great insight if you're considering the product. We didn't transfer over any of our previous ATS data so I can't speak to that part of the process. I love the event triggers that you can set up!
ProsThe software is very intuitive and user-friendly. You can customize almost everything to fit your company needs. The customer support team is quick to respond and very helpful. TAM has the ability to create a spreadsheet of data from almost any applicant page you're viewing. The set-up/implementation was fast and we were working with a committed representative through the whole process who still checks in on us to see how things are going. The contract is truly month-to-month so you don't have to worry about over committing and being stuck with a product that doesn't work for you. Overall, great value for the money we spend!
ConsThe reporting features on the actual reporting tab are limited, we often pull reports from applicant searches instead to look at the data we are most interested in. There were a couple of hiccups in the implementation that I thought would have been smoother considering the upfront work on both the Client and TAM's part. The color scheme for the workflow is a set gradient so that if you have a lot of steps in your workflow it's hard to discern between stages in the desktop tab graphic. Tracking can be a bit of a challenge when hiring multiple candidates for one role.
March 14, 2017
Donna H.
Sr. Human Resource Representative
Insurance, 201-500 employees
August 13, 2019

“Satisfied”

OverallThe recruiting process is more consistent and streamlined. I also have access to what my co-worker is working on and vice versa. We are able to work as more of a team with the software.
ProsEase of use of the tool. It did not take long to be trained on the system, and we were able to pick up some things as we went along. Also there are often trainings available when things change on the site.
ConsI can't really think of anything I like least about the software. It really does seem to help us with all of our current needs.
August 13, 2019
Glen D.
HR Director
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
September 13, 2017

“TAM - Software delivers what it promised!”

OverallWould recommend this software for any company that needs a simple, easy to use software. Great for smaller to mid size employers.
Pros* Overall Value * Great customer service (email and phone) * Ease of Use * Regular software updates * Not too complicated * Delivered the capabilities it promised
Cons* Wished they had HRIS software too. Some off the workflows are not intuitive to set up (but that happens with all software).

By The Applicant Manager on December 19, 2017
Hi Glen, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your thoughts on TAM. As a best-of-breed service, we won¿t be developing our own HRIS, but we do have partnerships with a couple of excellent HRIS systems (Bamboo and Namely) that can integrate seamlessly with your TAM system. If you haven¿t already, we¿ll be more than happy to get this set up for you. Thanks again, and Happy New year, Glenn!
September 13, 2017
Michele F.
Logistics and Supply Chain, Unspecified
September 1, 2016

“Easy to Implement, Efficient to Use, Effective!”

ProsTAM was not just the best value for the price (it is truly an affordable solution that should not be overlooked) it was easy to implement and made our recruitment process much more efficient and entire HR Team more effective as a result. The TAM team has amazing customer service, with immediate response to questions. The organization is so nimble that they can modify on the go to meet customer concerns or requests. The periodic "TAM Talks" outlining improvements directly from that client feedback are very helpful and all new version roll-outs are totally seamless without any additional cost.
ConsNothing - the product is easy to use and the support is matchless. They've gone above and beyond for us as we converted from an entirely manual process and were flexible enough to allow us to maintain certain manual controls.
Recommendations to other buyersThis isn't an talent management program with a lot of colorful optics and pretty dashboards that comes at a premium price and complicated IT process. This is a tool that meets all the applicant management requirements at a great price with no down time to implement or train on, is easy to use, plus customer support is always available, responsive, and adaptive.
September 1, 2016
Patrick F.
September 17, 2012

OverallSure there are many options out there but if you are looking for one that flexible to your needs, then stop searching. I've found that when ever I've needed something from The Applicant Manager I was able to get it done. The entire program can be customized to how you want it and makes your processes almost effortless. The designers are quick to respond to any requests you may have and a delight to work with. The Setai is a luxury hotel located in Miami Beach and we quite often have the need to attract the best talent to fill our positions. We recently underwent a change in management and began putting new processes in place. One of the things we had to do was get our recruiting efforts organized immediately. We were using a rigid and non-flexible system in the past and were introduced to The Applicant Manager by one of our consultants. We were allowed a demonstration and took it for a test drive before quickly reaching a decision. Implementation was seamless and linked to our website and social media sites in no time to put us in business. Learning the new system could not have been any easier. After the implementation, tutorials were provided but it did not take long before were were comfortable using The Applicant Manager and well on our way to filling our vacant positions. Now quite honestly, I would rather use my time doing other things than screening and tracking my applicants. With The Applicant Manager, I am able to set my thresholds and ask the questions to get exactly what I am looking for. Getting status updates or inquiries on which stage of the recruiting process for an applicant is child's play and rejections are effortless. Best of all the applicants are presented with a highly professional image of your organization and love that you take the time to reach out to them, they don't realize how easy The Applicant Manager makes it. The Applicant Manager makes me look good at what I do!
September 17, 2012
Shannon P.
HR Generealist
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

“I would recommend TAM”

OverallLove the electronic Req feature.
ProsThis ATS system is very user friendly, and has almost everything we need.
ConsThat candidates cannot have a log on to check their status.
Jasmine G.
Retail, 501-1000 employees
December 6, 2017

“Easy to use for first time user”

ProsGreat customer service, our product specialist Jerry Su is very good about responding to inquiries and processing requests.
Consthe confines on user abilities such as a recruiter not being able to close a job and has to have the administrator close it.

By The Applicant Manager on December 19, 2017
Hi Jasmine, Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your TAM experience. When we first saw your review, we reached out to your Admin to make sure you had the necessary permissions enabled to be able to open and close jobs. That had been disabled at their request when we set your system up. Our Admin users have very granular control over which user types have what permissions, and as you¿ve now seen, it is very easy to change those up, as needed. Thank you so much for being a client and for providing your review ¿ Happy New Year from us to you!
Corinne S.
Retail, Unspecified
August 26, 2015

“We love using TAM”

ProsFrom the moment we first connected with the TAM team, I knew that this was the ATS for us! It has been easy to use, and has been a total lifesaver! We've been able to completely change the way we source applicants, and our rep's attention to detail and ability to anticipate our needs as a client were what initially struck us. She just gets it! We're a medium sized business that is growing, and this was the perfect solution for modernizing our systems. The entire TAM team's extreme customer service and quick response time are what we love about TAM. Applicants are easy to find, and information is right at my fingertips. No more misplaced resumes, or partial information! I've learned so much in working with this ATS.
ConsNothing I dislike- per se, though I would love to improve the reporting capabilities, and other smaller items that are specific to how we use TAM within my organization.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't wait! If you're at all interested in improving the quality of your recruiting capabilities, I wouldn't hesitate in working with TAM. They have helped us streamline and organize our recruiting systems, and we're so grateful.
August 26, 2015
Quentin I.
Hospitality, Unspecified
March 31, 2014

“Great Applicant Tracking System!”

ProsThe team behind The Applicant Manager is very flexible and adaptable to making changes to the program, which benefits their end user, the client, me. There is no need to send in a request and then wait a year for the next update, as they are continually making the program better with new and creative updates. I love the fact that all resumes from applicants who apply for a job or that candidates simply submit are automatically loaded into my system. TAM has saved me countless hours compared to our previous manual program when it comes to applicant tracking, job posting, and candidate searching. They are price-conscious with respect to the monthly fee, and as a boutique firm, we appreciate that.
ConsNothing really, though I wish you could delete candidates (not archive) out of the system for good so the database was not cluttered. That being said, as a Recruiter (one of the services we offer at our consulting company), I wish the system did certain things that would make recruiting easier (it's already very easy with this system). This program is best when used by your standard HR Manager/Recruiting Manager, which the system is designed for.
Recommendations to other buyersCompare the ease of use, presentation of their interface for job postings, and the price point of TAM to others you consider. Many others I reviewed before TAM were much more costly and much more complicated than they needed to be.
March 31, 2014
Morgan B.
Human Resource Manager
August 1, 2018

“Easy ”

ProsOur account manager is very accessible and always assists us when we have questions or want to implement a new process.
ConsThe ease of use could be a little easier. You have to click around a lot to get where you want to go.

By The Applicant Manager on August 16, 2018
We are so glad you thought enough of us to take the time to post a review - thank you! Thanks also for your feedback on our ease-of-use. As you know, we're very responsive to client feedback, so I'd love to hear more about the specific areas you're thinking of in TAM that might need some improvement. Would you be open to meeting up some time soon? Thank you again for your wonderful review!
August 1, 2018
Sandra V.
Gambling & Casinos, 51-200 employees
August 9, 2019

“Pros and Cons for on line applications”

OverallIt has been a useful tool to glean the information I need to make an informed choice of applicants.
ProsConnectivity to my email for new applicants.
ConsSometimes the applicants have difficulty navigating the resume and application. The resume will not download, therefore, I cannot view it.
Chelsie K.
Human Resources Generalist
Construction, 51-200 employees

“TAM is the BEST!”

OverallTAM has been the perfect way to track candidates and add notes, etc. I love that I can pull up applicants and filter them in an excel spreadsheet.
ProsTAM is so easy to use; it is incredibly user friendly and easy to figure out if you have never used a tracking system.
ConsHonestly, nothing. Sometimes the "notes" section in the candidate window doesn't work, but that is the only complaint I have.
Julie T.
Senior Recruiter
Airlines/Aviation, 501-1000 employees
June 18, 2019

“Great Product, Great Service”

OverallOur holding company was disbanded, and all of the member companies (20 of them!) were asked to find our own systems. I was able to find TAM and have it fully up and running very quickly. Most of the other companies are struggling to customize their new systems, and I am just sailing along, my systems is so easy to use and was customized to my needs speedy quick. Could not be happier!
ProsI find this software very intuitive and easy to use. I can completely customize it, so I am never in the spot of having to trick the system to get it to do what I want it to do. It is so easily customized to me that it is an excellent tool and it makes my job easier!
ConsI wish that it was a little move colorful and visually appealing
June 18, 2019
Anita W.
HR Coordinator
Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees
April 18, 2017

“Straight-forward, easy to use, terrific customer service”

OverallAgain, I've had a great experience with TAM. Give them 5 stars for their customer service and webinars.
ProsI've found TAM to be straight-forward and easy-to-use. We use it for position posting and applicant tracking, so I can't speak to the reporting or data features. The customizable tables make sorting easy. Prescreening question options are thoughtful. It's very easy to train our managers on. A huge plus for us is TAM's customer service. As a newbie to HR and applicant tracking systems, I call them a lot and they are always nice, knowledgeable, very helpful.
ConsYou need to always preview job postings -- the formatting doesn't always translate from the position page to the career page.
Steve H.
Management Consulting, Unspecified
3.5/5
August 19, 2016

“Approximately 1 year using TAM for input of resumes”

ProsAffordable price for the quality of the applicant tracking system. Provides more than I need, which is input of candidates and notation of conversations and submittal process. Vendor is very attentive to questions regarding the use of the product and updates to the product to continually improve user experience.
ConsHave had an issue posting job opening to the home page of LinkedIn. Was told it may have to do with contact information I provided in the posting. But that is not the issue. Might still be my execution of the posting and not the limitation of the product. Yet to be determined.
Recommendations to other buyersTest drive other products out there to see which one works best for you. You can get a month or so free trial on competing products.

By The Applicant Manager on August 22, 2016
Thank you Steve for your review of TAM! I just wanted you to know that a member of our support team will be contacting you to see how we can help resolve the issue with your LinkedIn posting. If you need any help in the future, please feel free to give a shout to our support team.
August 19, 2016
Jennifer R.
Senior Development Officer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
September 18, 2017

“I use TAM for hiring of 6-8 temporary full time employees each year. ”

ProsI like TAM to have everything in one place and evaluate each candidate as we receive the resumes and cover letters.
ConsI find it difficult when evaluating candidates and moving them to next step to make sure they are in the step that I want them to be in. Would prefer a better system.

By The Applicant Manager on September 19, 2017
Thank you so much for the brilliant feedback! We'd love to hear more about the difficulty you're experiencing with moving candidates. We may need to further customize your workflow to better-suit your actual processes. We work hard to make sure all aspects of our system are simple, intuitive, and tailored to your needs, so it is our hope that a quick consultation with us will eliminate this issue. We'll reach out to you shortly, but please don't hesitate to give us a call. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback - we so appreciate it!
September 18, 2017
Jen J.
HR & Administrative Manager
Facilities Services, 51-200 employees
August 9, 2019

“TAM makes recruiting easier”

OverallKeeping track of applicants
ProsTAM is very user-friendly. It enables me to keep track of applicants, communicate with consistent messages as well as customize those messages.
ConsSpeed can be slow at times. I need to refresh the page periodically to get it to load.
Jill L.
Senior Recruiter
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

“ATS Review”

OverallOverall, great experience with TAM, good support whenever there is an issue. Great quality for the cost.
ProsThe ease of use - it is a very intuitive system
ConsWe have had some technical issues with emails being sent properly. Also would like more robust reporting features.
Samia K.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
August 9, 2019

“User friendly & Lot of features!”

OverallBetter communication internally and externally. Keeping track of recruitment and being able to pull detailed reports.
ProsTAM is very user friendly. We have gotten great feedback from hiring managers saying how easy it is to navigate!
ConsIt's not really a con, but since we wanted so many things customized, it took a little longer for us to create the perfect platform. (This was an internal process, not really TAM)
Cathy W.
Sr. VP
June 30, 2017

“Brookhaven”

ProsEasy to use and software is updated regularly. Customer support is great and easily accessed. Webinars are offered.
ConsNone, but there are features we haven't used yet so maybe more info on those via email blasts. I often don't have time for the webinars.
June 30, 2017
Eric E.
HR Director
Philanthropy, Unspecified
September 26, 2016

“Great product + great price!”

ProsI'm really glad I picked The Applicant Manager over all the other systems I looked at. It's a great value. The interface just makes sense - I was able to get things up and running in minutes. The best part though is the customer service The Applicant Manager offers. Knowledgeable, helpful advice is what I always get. If they are having a technical problem like server or connectivity issues, they contact me and explain to me what's going on. Transparency is very important to me, and they live up to that. Finally, they are always adding features that help us out.
ConsThey haven't let me down at all during my experience.
Recommendations to other buyersLook at the demos that companies offer and then compare prices. Price was a big consideration for us as a non-profit. Also looking at the customer satisfaction rating on this site and then decide which way to go.
September 26, 2016
Jeanne M.
Recruiting Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Unspecified
3.5/5
August 11, 2016

“Job Changer ”

ProsThe best feature(s) is automation. If I can spend my entire day inside of TAM, I would. It's a true database and I love that everything you put into the system, you can pull out with a report. The days of receiving a resume via e-mail and saving it on your computer are over. That process was so time consuming. Getting back to automation, the template e-mails that you can send out with the click of one button is amazing and you can create your own. No more typing e-mails. It has cut more than half my time in a day. I would welcome someone to call me on the phone so I can explain in further detail.
ConsNo really anything and if I did have a few things they probably could be fixed or already exist as TAM has so many features that I have not even had time to explore yet.
Recommendations to other buyersChange is difficult however once you overcome the hump, it is sooo worth it. Have one person learn the software and become the administrator and then train people how to use the system to its fullest. They too, will love it.
August 11, 2016
Denns T.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Unspecified
April 20, 2016

“Great Product for small to mid-size company recruiting”

ProsVery service oriented. User friendly and intuitive to use. Not so many bells and whistles that one doesn't use anyway, so the software allows one to recruit how one wants to recruit.
ConsI'm not sure how "Scalable" the software is. Primarily because everywhere I've used it, I've had a recruiting function of just a few people, and typically it was a part of a generalist role.
Recommendations to other buyersLook at what you need to get the job done, not at all of the capabilities of the software and analytics that other vendors will try to sell you to trade up to their product. This software does exactly what it tells you it will do with the analytics that makes sense for smaller organizations. A great value for smaller organizations with limited budgets.
April 20, 2016
Sharon T.
Marketing Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
August 9, 2019

“TAM has been a life saver!”

OverallWhen we first started using TAM, I believe we had 7 full time positions to fill which I was having little to no success in finding applicants, let alone qualified applicants. With TAM I have been able to not only fill those positions with quality employees, but I am also able to keep any potential qualified applicants on file. The convenience and benefits that TAM has brought to our company have been invaluable!
ProsI love how you can customize pretty much everything in the program to vet out the applicants we are looking for. With setting up each position and their pre-screening forms, it has saved a tremendous amount of time during the whole hiring process. I also love how the careers page setup through TAM mimics our brand on our website. The workflow is also extremely beneficial in making sure I am going through the proper steps in the correct order of the hiring process.
ConsI have not found anything negative about the software.
Sasha S.
Retail, 11-50 employees
April 25, 2018

“I love TAM”

ProsOne stop shop for posting ads to multiple sources A careers page that we did not have to build Automated rejection emails to failed candidates Easy to set up and understand AWESOME customer service
ConsYou have to pay the monthly fees on months where you do not post the ads. Its a continuous subscription.

By The Applicant Manager on August 16, 2018
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your thoughtful review! We are so glad you enjoy our great features and second-to-none customer service! Thanks also for your feedback about the subscription - yes, TAM is a continuous subscription, but it is always month-to-month and we do not require any extended contracts. Your continuous subscription allows us to keep your system top of the line and to have our support staff available for you when needed. We so appreciate having you as a client, and thank you again for the review!
April 25, 2018
Jessica T.
February 15, 2018

“Great Organization Tool”

ProsI love it! It has improved our hiring system tremendously! It's one of the most easiest and functional Applicant Tracking Systems I have used. Very user friendly, and the staff is responsive should you have any questions.
ConsNot much, I have been using TAM for a few months now, and at first there was some getting used to, but overall, I thoroughly enjoy logging in everyday!
February 15, 2018
Dori N.
Staffing and Recruiting, Unspecified
February 2, 2016

“The Applicant Manager is a great Applicant Tracking System”

ProsI launched a new company two months ago and I was looking for an Applicant Tracking System that would meet everything I was looking for. Having worked with many Applicant Tracking Systems in the past, I found that many of them could not or would not support a small to medium sized company. It was during my search for an ATS that one of my former co-workers referred me to The Applicant Manager. From the time I made my first call, the overview of the product and the final implementation of the system, I knew this was one of the best Applicant Tracking Systems I have ever worked with. The Applicant Manager is truly intuitive and user friendly and easy to navigate. And, the people who work there are also great.. There is a saying... No one cares what you know, until you know that they care....This truly describes the entire team at The Applicant Manager..
ConsThis is a great product and there is nothing about it not to like.
Recommendations to other buyersI recommend this product to anyone looking for an Applicant Tracking System that is easy to use, not only from the company side, but from the candidate side as well. From a product development side, the system is easy to update, add information to it and manage how you want the system to look internally and externally. The system also makes it easy to post jobs to different job boards and is mobile friendly!
February 2, 2016
Mary S.
Recruiting Director
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
August 9, 2019

“its a good applicant tracking system”

Prosease of use and customer services is very responsive
Consdoesnt aloo the candidate to intergrate with LinkedIn profiles. Would be great if it allowed you to text candidates as well
Diane S.
Real Estate, Unspecified
June 6, 2014

“Functionality and Customer Service Rolled into One”

ProsIt's cloud-based and allows easy access to all candidate information from anywhere. I also like the simplicity and ease of use for managers; it's very intuitive. It provides a central storage for all documents/emails linked to job opening and candidates. The ROI has been great; the monthly fee more than offsets our previous annual cost of individual postings on multiple job boards. The vendor is extremely responsive to customer needs. We are able to customize recruiting documents such as regrets letters, pre-screening forms, applications, and emails to candidates. It links excellently with social networking sites.
ConsThat we didn't discover TAM before posting for multiple positions. The cost of TAM was less than the cost spent on multiple job postings during a peak hiring period.
Recommendations to other buyersConsider your business needs, including the number of openings per month, how many managers need access to resumes, whether managers will add notes and follow a workflow, and the ROI on TAM's monthly fee vs paying for each job ad posted to multiple job boards. TAM is very easy to use, even for non-computer savvy users.
June 6, 2014
Erin Z.
Recruiting Manager
Philanthropy, 501-1000 employees
May 19, 2017

“Great solution for non-profit on a budget”

ProsHelped us organize our applicants for dozens of positions and allowed us to track metrics we previously weren't able to capture.
ConsThe source tracking doesn't really capture true data. The report indicates most of our applicants came to us from our website, because that is where they have to go to apply.

By The Applicant Manager on May 24, 2017
Erin, Thank you so much for your review. TAM traces the web site an applicant comes from when they apply for a position. If they come from a job board, a social media site, your company careers page, or an email link, TAM tracks this and enters it as the source. After reading your review, we ran the Source Statistics Report and can see that about 1/3 of your applicants are coming from your website, 1/3 are coming from employee referrals and 1/3 are coming from Indeed. This is different than the source statistics that we usually see from other clients. From what we can see, it looks like Emmaus Homes has a great brand presence in the community. Congratulations!
May 19, 2017
Joyce K.
Director of HR
Construction, 201-500 employees
May 12, 2017

“Fans of TAM”

ProsLogical flow. User friendly. Support is fabulous. The training webinars are great. Customer Service is quick to answer questions and solve problems!
May 12, 2017
Mark L.
Director of Marketing
Banking, Unspecified
December 3, 2015

“Terrific recruiting and collaboration tool”

ProsGreat value that enables any company to immediately and simply implement a professional recruiting presence on their own website, collect all relevant information automatically, including cover letters, resumes, and questionnaires, and then collaborate among all stakeholders during the interviewing process.
ConsNothing I can think of. The pricing is a bargain, their service has been excellent, and the product is a snap to use.
Recommendations to other buyersBe sure to look at ease of use for applicants, for HR, and especially for those involved in the recruiting/interviewing process. If it's not easy, it won't be used.
December 3, 2015
Mimi F.
Management Consulting, Unspecified
June 23, 2016

“TAM helped us move to the next level.”

ProsEasy to use, not cumbersome, and with the excellent training and support we got up and running very quickly.
ConsIt's pretty bare bones, but it's cost effective. I think the navigation could have fewer steps.
Recommendations to other buyersThis is a good place to start if like us you're a small business buying its first talent management system.

By The Applicant Manager on June 27, 2016
Dear Mimi, Thank you so much for the wonderful review. The recognition that you gave us is very much appreciated by our team! I saw that you described TAM as being ¿bare bones¿. Are there any particular features that you are looking for that would show you the full capabilities of TAM? Our goal is to provide a very ¿simple/clean¿ interface so that our users and their applicants have an effortless experience. However, TAM itself does offer a very wide feature set. Because each setup is custom to meet specific client needs, please let me or our support team know if there is anything that we can do to show you how TAM can further improve your recruiting experience. Edna
June 23, 2016
Jessica D.
Construction, Unspecified
January 20, 2015

“The Applicant Manager”

ProsIt's very easy to use on the applicant side. Their customer service has been great, they are always there to answer questions I have, and they give monthly webinars that help explain different parts of the software.
ConsThey are still a developing software, which has both pros and cons, but for the most part, I have experienced the con side of it. I don't think they have fully reached their potential, and there are items that I wish it had. For example, they still haven't integrated with Monster job posting, and they said that was going to be done months ago. The integration would be great but not having it is not really the issue; it's just the fact they keep saying they are going to do it "soon."
Recommendations to other buyersI recommend really analyzing each software product for its applicant side of things and for the hiring manager/supervisor's side of things. Is it easy to understand? Can it be taught easily? If not, they are less likely to want to use the product, and time and money has been wasted. Find the top five you really like and list out pros and cons of each, and then narrow your list from there.
January 20, 2015
Karen N.
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
January 26, 2018

“Great ATS!”

ProsTAM is extremely easy to use and intuitive. I was able to easily create what I needed without having to consult the user's manual all the time. Great workflow and organization of the product. Everything you need is on one page. Very easy to import resumes, open jobs and move people through the workflow process. Also you can totally customize what is most important to you.
January 26, 2018
Ryan C.
Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1000 employees
July 20, 2017

“Great Tech Support!”

ProsGreat customer service and tech support. Will help solve any issues within hours. Jerry and the TAM staff are great!
ConsThere are limitations to certain customize-able features. The layout of the general application isn't customize-able at all.
July 20, 2017
Alexandra M.
Recruitment Coordinator
Civil Engineering, 1001-5000 employees
August 9, 2019

“Easy to Use and Supportive System”

OverallOverall, TAM has been very easy to use and efficient. Hiring managers enjoy the system, and the customer support team is always accessible and quick to response to our requests. I would recommend to others! I would like to see more automatized process to help our recruitment team enhance the candidate experience. Job description formatting is limited.
ProsEase of use. We've launched this to our hiring managers and its been very effective. Customer support is always available, with quick turn around time.
ConsFormatting can be an issue, specifically with Job Posting text boxes. There isnt a lot of flexibility. Would like to see blind resume screening process for increased equity and diversity practices.
Shawn G.
Director of IT
April 18, 2017

“Our first product so it was hard to change our internal culture, but TAM has trained and retrained and supported my users and helped them adopt it.”

OverallWe have already added the onboarding upgrade for those offices that have successfully learned to make use of TAM.
ProsHas to be customer support and the way they will deal directly with my end users. We don't have a lot of real savvy users, and TAM has helped them adopt and understand.
ConsNothing struck me as bad about the product. The job boards themselves are hard to make an impact on.
Barbara M.
Computer Software, Unspecified
March 24, 2014

“Happy with my ATS!”

ProsEveryone on TAM's staff is very easy to work with and has excellent listening skills. They are able to resolve issues quickly and easily, and they remember queries when sending out updates. I'm able to configure the recruiting workflow in any fashion and have multiple workflows. The system is very easy to learn and utilize, and the candidate application process can be configured to be as short and simple (or long and laborious) as the employer wants.
ConsI really don't have any major complaints. They've added an optional approval process which is something I'd mentioned to them previously.
Recommendations to other buyersDefine your recruiting process prior to selecting and implementing an ATS; do not let technology determine your process. Understand the end user: are they a sophisticated end user who has utilized multiple ATSs and understands the importance of maintaining accurate and updated data or are they a first-time user with limited software experience? Understand the candidate: is a short or long online application process necessary?
March 24, 2014
Mike D.
Director of Interactive Services
Media Production, 11-50 employees
September 10, 2018

“TAM makes managing numerous applicants easy”

OverallThere are many software providers out there that work. But few that have the commitment and backing from their people that make you feel like you have an actual partner in HR. Not just a piece of technology.
ProsThe ability to easily see all associated documents per candidate is very helpful. You can easily switch between applicants and document any notes along the entire application process. With permission levels you can collaborate with numerous members of your organization and ensure that everyone has just the visibility they need.
ConsLittle bit of a learning curve but their support is second to none and had my inquiries answered in less than 12 hours.
September 10, 2018