GoDaddy Email Marketing Ratings

Overall
4.3/5
4.3/5
4.2/5

About GoDaddy Email Marketing

Lets you easily create beautiful, full-color emails with no technical or design skills. Learn more about GoDaddy Email Marketing

Paul H.
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
June 7, 2018

“Currently use to keep track of customers follow ups and general communications”

OverallThough pricing has gone up along with inflation in the economy, still the pricing by GoDaddy is very competitive, especially when you consider their level of customer support. You also have control over whether to manually pay, or to do auto-renew. Tried another carrier once that was charging our card days before the actual renewal date. Haven't had issues like these with GoDaddy.
ProsI think the biggest thing that sets GoDaddy apart is their support. If there is ever a technical issue they are always within reach, with tech staff ready and willing to help you. This is not that common in the tech world. The features and functionality are also, however, fairly easy to set up and use.
ConsSometimes email loading will freeze up, requiring a refresh of the screen. However, this could be a browser compatibility issue on my end. Have also noticed some emails will pop up if you do a search, but will not pop up on a list of contacts page. All these issues are minor, however, and seldom happen.
June 7, 2018
Chandan P.
Business Owner
Information Services, 1-10 employees
August 8, 2018

“Recommended for websites hosted under GoDaddy for established business houses but not for newbies”

OverallRecommended for websites hosted under GoDaddy for established business houses. Not for newbies as they may get a free, better option elsewhere.
ProsGreat for those websites already hosted on GoDaddy because of the integration that one avails under one GoDaddy account. For those under Deluxe Linux Hosting, they are offering a free Email Marketing Starter Plan with the following limited features: Number of contacts: 50, Number of emails: 50 per month, Image storage: Unlimited, Number of sign up forms: Unlimited. Other features include automated email campaigns, convert blog posts to email, custom HTML emails, automated welcome message, record signup IPs, auto-send event emails, store and manage contacts, and email composer. My suggestion is to make your foundation strong using this free Starter Plan and then updgrade to Beginner Plan with number of contacts: 500, number of emails 5000 per month.
ConsThey should have a free plan for all the websites hosted by them. At a time when there are so many competitors offering so much under free plan with no commitment, GoDaddy Email Marketing Plan appears pricey for beginners.
August 8, 2018
Katie W.
Account Manager
July 23, 2018

“Reliable, Available, Easily Understandable ”

OverallI have never had an issue sending or receiving emails.
ProsMy favorite part of the GoDaddy email Marketing is their customer service!! One of my technicians was having a difficult time getting their email set up and the godaddy rep stayed on the phone with me until we got the issue resolved. They also sent me links to graphics to help coach the tech. You are also able to assign how much storage each email account has- if you have a tech that rarely uses email they can be assigned to a smaller amount of storage where a main company email can have a higher storage rate.
ConsSetting up the email account was difficult on the phone but like I said above if you have questions call their customer service number- they want and are willing to help! Its a really refreshing sight to see from a huge company!
July 23, 2018
Coletta R.
February 3, 2018

“My experience with Go Daddy email marketing is overall pretty good.”

OverallA professional appearance for myself, customers, clients, and contractors. It shows that I am professional and have a professional business email. That makes a big difference.
ProsI appreciate being able to have a professional email, that my clients and contractors can contact me through. I also like that I am able to send emails to them and it will display a professional email address, that matches my website domain name, as I also have with Go daddy.
ConsThe thing that I like least about GO Daddy email is when there is an issue, it becomes a bigger problem that it needs to be. The service is great, but the techs will make it hard to get things back on track. They make it too technical. Sometimes, I find myself having to fix the issue, by playing around on the background of things.
February 3, 2018
Kris T.
May 18, 2018

“We have used Go Daddy for years for our web services”

OverallThis is great software and i would highly recommend to anyone that is in the web development industry.
ProsWe love that it is web based and that it is easy to use. Its great that you can log in and see everything your managing on one platform. Frees up a ton of time
ConsHonestly we don't know much about it that we dont like. I personally sometimes do not like a soliciting call about renewing service but that shows they are ontop of the market
May 18, 2018
Jenny K.
Executive Assistant/Office Manager/Board Secretary
Government Relations, 11-50 employees
March 9, 2018

“Emails were easy to set up, use, and had large capacity.”

OverallAllowed a small foundation to stay organized with its communications to the multiple lists, committees, and board.
ProsI like the fact that you can have unlimited emails and unlimited distribution lists. The lists and are easy to edit. The messages are easy to send.
ConsI like to use tables and different fonts. It was little cumbersome in formatting text and adding the tables. Once I got it done, I was happy with the result.
Gail N.
January 16, 2018

“Easy enough to use, but not the best email marketing software”

OverallIt does work for me - I am able to send a marketing email out to tell people what events I have going on month to month, what new products, anything else newsworthy.
ProsI started using this email marketing software because I use their website builder and email for my business. It is easy enough to use - simple and intuitive and gets the job done. It keeps a list of contacts, it gives some templates for the normal communications, sales, newsletters, etc. It also allows you to create the whole thing from scratch, or to start with a previous campaign. You can preview your campaign before you send it, you can send it to yourself and see what it will really look like, and you can schedule it for another date and time. It automatically puts the legal "unsubscribe" capability on your email, and you can build a "subscribe form" too to use on your website.
ConsIf I didn't already use their website software, I wouldn't use this. The email contacts you build and the email marketing contacts you build are entirely separate, and the import/export feature is not the best. I have lost literally hundreds of contacts because it doesn't take into consideration that you might have a paper sign-up book or paper slips that people requested that you send them emails. After importing my whole list and having it remove most of them, I contacted support, and they tried to help me import them again, but the same thing happened. Their support people are fabulous, but they can't override the system which apparently considers anyone who signs up outside their software not to be "legal" requests. The templates they provide are pretty few - there are only a couple I would ever use based on the look of them. I typically just create my own from scratch even though it's more work, because then it looks like I want it to look. Other than those annoying things, it works fine for me.
January 16, 2018
Muhammad S.
Lead Talent Sourcer for Account / Project Management & Business Development
Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees
January 2, 2019

“GoDaddy Email Marketing”

OverallGoDaddy Email Marketing Platform is perfect for those who are in marketing or sales field. I got 70% more sales this year due to this perfect solution by GoDaddy.
Pros* Easy to use * 100% email delivery * Perfect reports * Perfect database of peeps * Simply loving application by godaddy * Love godaddy
ConsI am using this for professional email marketing from more than 2 years without any issues.
January 2, 2019
Stacy L.
Guest Satisfaction
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
October 3, 2018

“Could be more user friendly”

OverallWe are able to reply to guestsand associates easily and without delays. Attachments are easily uploaded which we use frequently.
ProsWe can set templates for messages we send frequently. The formatting options are easy to apply.
ConsThe layout is complicated and could be more streamlined and easier on the eyes. Its cluttered. Attachment previews would be a nice addition.
October 3, 2018
rebecca n.
sales
June 20, 2018

“Great”

ProsWhat I like most about this software is the ease of the use. Everything is understandable and easy to set up within the software.
ConsI haven't found much that I don't like about this software. It has a new updated view that you have the option to use but I like the original myself. But def not a Con, just a preference.
June 20, 2018
March 5, 2018

“I have used this for the last few years to manage my personal and business email.”

ProsIt is user friendly and has the ability to integrate with Word in order to conduct your tasks in the same environment as your email.
ConsIn order to delete junk mail you must access your account through a PC rather than on your mobile app. That is a feature that needs to be reconsidered so that any deletion can be synced.
March 5, 2018
Chandris S.
Creator
December 12, 2018

“I Go Daddy!”

OverallGo Daddy is great for businesses to stay connected to followers and members. Highly recommended this software.
ProsWith Go daddy I was able to contact members about specials and events. Let's you stay connected with each member.
ConsSoftware is pretty straight forward let's you email large amount of people at one time.
December 12, 2018
Gabriel A.
Researcher
Research, 10,001+ employees
August 30, 2019

“We really like GoDaddy”

ProsIt's very, very simple to use. The platform is very intuitive and facilitates your work. The customer service is excellent, with almost immediate responses.
ConsI don't really like working on GoDaddy on my cellphone. I suggest you create a more dynamic version
August 30, 2019
Ray D.
VP of Sales
July 10, 2018

“Excellent email program.”

ProsGodaddy email is very user friendly. One big plus is the ability to easily create template emails. This speeds things up a great deal.
ConsThe only thing is that it is not easy to build and store email lists. This feature should be made more user friendly.
July 10, 2018
June 29, 2018

“Great tool to send professional look newsletters to our subscribers.”

ProsGodaddy's email marketing tool is wonderful. We can choose the plans as per our needs. In this tool we can choose the template of ojr choice and can create a professional look newsletters. The price is also cheap.
ConsEverything is good while using this software. I am not having any issues. I want them to provide a free trail for the new customers.
11-50 employees
April 30, 2018

“I use this daily to interact with professional contacts for work”

ProsI like the ease at which I am able to have a unique email strictly for work that is supervised by someone internal who can help resolve issues.
ConsWe had issues trying to switch over to use Office 365 (I believe that's what it was). Eventually we had to go back to just using the regular server.
April 30, 2018
Marsha R.
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
April 10, 2018

“GoDaddy email is efficient for what we need for our medical office staff.”

OverallWe are able to communicate with each other efficiently. The program is easy to set up.
ProsI do like it is easy to access and reset passwords. To change emails if there are employees that have left and you have new employee starting. Administrator a capabilities are easy.
ConsThere is long wait times when you're trying to get a hold of a representative. Although the software is very user-friendly if you have any issues expect to be on hold for a while.
Daniela C.
Nutritionist
July 15, 2019

“Go Daddy's Marketing for Nutritionists”

ProsCustomer service, technicians are ready to help you in whichever problem you have.
ConsCosts vary daily and you don't have any advantage by being a user of their domains.
July 15, 2019
Marsha R.
December 13, 2018

“Go Daddy email”

ProsThey are very friendly, easy to get ahold and is user friendly. They are cost effective for a smaller business.
ConsTheir hold times can be excessive at times.
December 13, 2018
Insurance, 51-200 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
July 21, 2019

“Email marketing campaign made easy”

OverallOverall its a great app for managing your email campaigns and a must for those who want to reach different businesses.
ProsThe tool handles all your email marketing campaigns, It manages all your email lists with ease. It provides all the required tools to create attractive looking emails. The support provided is prompt and always available.
ConsIts free plan has very limited features, The analytics are very limited and should show more details once we make our campaign live.
July 21, 2019
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
November 25, 2018

“Great Email Solution”

ProsGoDaddy has come a long way from a web hosting service to a total business solution. We use GoDaddy for domains, hosting, emails, email marketing etc. Their solutions are great, competitive and very easy to use. Will certainly recommend.
ConsNo complaints. It's a great company with great product offering.
November 25, 2018
Kerry H.
Retail, 1-10 employees
August 29, 2019

“GoDaddy Email Marketing”

OverallThis has helped us drive sales to our online store through easy click to buy options
ProsI like how we can dump our customer base of emails into the system to send them emails, then use that same system to process payment and fulfill orders.
ConsI wish there was some more customization options to how we design the emails that wlll be sent out to our customers.
August 29, 2019
Rhonda L.
AuPair Coordinator
March 23, 2018

“Email marketing done right”

ProsIt's easy to use and makes marketing simple. The customer service is outstanding 24 hours a day. You cannot go wrong.
ConsNothing. It works really well for the money. I love everything about it. I have no complaints about Go Daddy as a whole. I love everything about them.
March 23, 2018
Victoria D.
HR manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees
August 21, 2018

“Super fast access to emails”

ProsHow easy it is to use and that i can fluctuate between three of my email accounts at the click of a button!!!
ConsThe fact that you cant actually have all three email accounts live at any one time... it logs you out of one to access another.
August 21, 2018
Juan Cesar G.
Freelance Programmer
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
August 6, 2018

“GoDaddy Email Marketing helps us maintain a personal contact with all our subscribers”

Overallwith GoDaddy I have increased my Email Marketing list and every day I increase the number of conversions
ProsGoDaddy offers us a great choice to start in the world of Email Marketing, I create campaigns in a few minutes, thanks to their personalized templates and easy-to-use tools. What I love most about this program is the automation function that makes emails personal and also their responsive web design.
ConsWhen I was integrating the program with my website and social networks, it was a little complicated, but the support helped me in a short time.
August 6, 2018
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
May 21, 2019

“Godaddy Review”

OverallHonestly no complaints. I love it.
ProsIt is a really good email platform. Even let's me schedule events.
ConsIt is hard to use on my phone. I really wish they had an app for the email.
May 21, 2019
bette d.
broker
Real Estate, Self-employed
September 14, 2019

“Need app for email account”

OverallMust have daily access to email with enough storage to hold and transfer large files.
ProsGodaddy offers multiple products to help steamline your business options on line and on other devices.
ConsNeed a separate email app for a business with multiple email addresses. Having issues with email settings and extracting emails.
September 14, 2019
OLASINA O.
Branding Analyst
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
December 16, 2018

“Godaddy Email marketing”

ProsGodaddy email marketing has been my online tool for marketing, they provide a quality email marketing interface. I really recommend to buyers.
ConsGodaddy email marketing should work better on their customer service. They need to create interface that speedy good customer-seller relationship.
December 16, 2018
Teresa W.
manager
Sports, 51-200 employees
August 27, 2018

“Godaddy good for business”

OverallWe can have folders to store our individual emails.
ProsCan store many emails and have multiple accounts.
ConsIt cuts out on us sometimes and we have to log back in.
Seema M.
Analyst
Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees
November 28, 2018

“Very Powerful Marketing Help”

OverallIt is a seamless easy process. I can send easily so many unlimited emails to a large number of people. The distribution lists are also unlimited. The graphical user interface is so easy so friendly to navigate. It saves a lots and lots of our valuable time. One word -AWESOME
ProsQuickly Create & Send Powerful Emails to potential customers
ConsThe customer service is great and very technical to resolve the issues. The turn around time to reach them can be improved which is I believe possible
November 28, 2018
Ariane W.
event manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
July 29, 2019

“Not user-friendly and outdated templates”

ProsIt was inexpensive. I fell for a cold sales call where I was offered a good rate, as the company website was through GoDaddy. You get what you pay for though!
Cons1. It did not link up the email contacts easily with my software. I had to use a 3rd party to connect my contacts, and it frequently didn't sync correctly. 2. Templates are outdated, and I wound up designing my own most of the time. This was time-consuming and a waste of my time. 3. Templates are not user-friendly and it was difficult to move graphics around on the page. The way it's set up is that you basically can only put your text/graphics/etc in rows. You can't move parts around easily and can't overlap.
July 29, 2019
Krish M.
Ambassador
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
January 24, 2019

“Perfect Email solution! ”

OverallPretty good overall, can improve the basic stuff, however gets the work done very smoothly
ProsVery easy to get onboard and categorize the emails. Unique and very useful tools to format the emails, look at the stats and keep track of accounts all at once,
ConsWas expecting a larger library of templates and possibly and if the functions could improve a bit on larger campiagns which are very common
January 24, 2019
Hospitality, 501-1000 employees
September 11, 2019

“Need more options and easier to use”

Overalljust trying to communicate and send documents to others
ProsThe fact that it is my only choice for the company I work for. If I had other options, I would pick something else touse
ConsThe lack of functions, options There should be more options . Example read receipt. Preview, doesn't save drafts
September 11, 2019
Raymond A.
Editor
Publishing, 1-10 employees
June 11, 2019

“GoDaddy Provides Hosted Domains Convenient Email Marketing Options”

ProsThe unrivaled technical support provided by GoDaddy to its email marketing customers counterbalances the greater thematic & function versatility advantages enjoyed by its competitors. Nonetheless, the 3 email marketing packages are well-suited to the practical marketing needs of new & maturing small businesses.
ConsAnnual costs for engaging mailing lists with GoDaddy's email marketing plans are not well matched to the budget & time sensitivities of small businesses after readily available & steep promotional discounts are exhausted.
June 11, 2019
evelynna m.
Freelance Programmer
June 29, 2018

“GoDaddy Email excellent program to start in the world of online marketing”

Overalladministrar tus campañas de correo directo es muy sencillo gracias a GoDaddy Email Marketing
ProsI believe that there is a perfect balance between the quality of the product and its price, designed so that any new person in direct marketing obtains good results.
Consthe control panel freezes for a few seconds (about 1 minute) and the support support takes a few hours to help us
51-200 employees
April 25, 2018

“We use godaddy as our smtp server for test purposes”

ProsGodaddy is a good smtp server that we currently use for test purposes only because we use mailchimp as our main provider. Although GoDaddy is cheap and good for all the test that we need for the majority of our tests.
ConsSometimes is hard to configure what we need for our tests. The user experience is not the best on the administration page.
April 25, 2018
Anshul C.
Trainee
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1000 employees
December 8, 2018

“Full of features”

ProsGoDaddy services have been a great. GoDaddy email marketing has got some pretty good tempelates, illustrations, tools and objects to use. Super easy User interface and also the domain doesn't get into trash folder in email. Quick customer support response.
ConsSome times campaigns get hang. other wise its great.
December 8, 2018
May 10, 2018

“Too basic”

ProsGood for basic email needs. Gets the job done for newsletters and such. Easy to setup and get started.
ConsLike with most of their products you are limited and they just get by on their brand. Lacks a lot for what you pay.
May 10, 2018
July 30, 2018

“Now we can send customized messages to our email subsribers with its help.”

ProsGodaddy Email Marketing tool is a great platform to send customized messages to our sebscribers. It has also provided us the built in templates to save our time and efforts. Its very easy now to send beautifull and customized newsletters.
ConsThey sbould have provided this tool for free of cost to all of its hosting customers. As new publishers sometime don't want to spend too much of their money. Godaddy can afford this thing I guess.
July 30, 2018
Sean D.
marketer

“It's a ok program”

Overallconvienience
ProsIt comes together with godaddy, so if you are buying the domain and hosting from them , you could get the email service as well
ConsIt's not as complete as aweber which is what I use now. It was decent, but the support service lacks a bit compare to others as well.
Juan M.
Supervisor
Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees
September 16, 2019

“Beginning Stages”

ProsWhile the effectiveness of the marketing is to be determined as we are just starting to use the service the GoDaddy team has been nothing but helpful and very responsive to our communications. The GoDaddy email marketing is also cheaper than other competitors.
ConsNothing to dislike at the moment as we are just starting to use the service, any cons are to be determined but at the moment GoDaddy seems to have been the right choice.
September 16, 2019
Warren T.
Tech
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees
March 22, 2019

“Up and running quickly, great drag and drop designer ”

ProsReally easy to use, very quick minimal fuss set up, great for simple and straightforward email marketing. Good prices too. Good integration with Google Analytics to give us reports that we need.
ConsWordpress plugin has limited customisation options.
March 22, 2019
Cameron C.
Assistant Technical Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
December 5, 2018

“Email marketing for your viewers”

ProsI really enjoy the emails that can be sent to viewers of the website to keep them engaged
ConsThe cost per email can start to add up depending on your client base
December 5, 2018
Rebecca K.
Executive Assistant
Legal Services, 51-200 employees
March 29, 2018

“I love using godaddy email marketing!”

ProsI've tried several email marketing services over the years, and godaddy email marketing is one of the best values for your money. It's also extremely easy to use.
ConsI haven't experienced any issues with go daddy email marketing as of yet. I have been using it for a little over 6 months now.
March 29, 2018
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
May 8, 2018

“Basic Email Marketing ”

OverallThis software is good for a small company that is looking to just get started with email marketing. Once you grow - you need to grow out of GoDaddy and into a larger platform.
ProsThe plan is economic for a small business starting out at prices that will not break the bank. It is also nice to have many web services under one roof.
ConsYou get what you pay for. There is a max amount of contacts, which we are approaching and will probably need to be leaving soon for this reason. The customer service team is sometimes helpful, and other times...not so much. (1 star)
May 8, 2018
David F.
President | Marketing Advisor
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
April 5, 2019

“Getting The Word Out Is Easy”

OverallHappy with the software and its ability to manage an entire email campaign without a lot of work.
ProsVery easy to set up and start using immediately.
ConsNot all the campaign templates worked but there were a lot of choices so we easily found other options.
April 5, 2019
Nikos D.
Customer Experience Specialist
Telecommunications, 1001-5000 employees
January 9, 2019

“Easy to create email campaigns”

ProsGoDaddy email marketing is an easy email campaign creator and very intuitive. Even if you are a novice user, you can easily create and manage your campaigns. I recommended it.
ConsNo cons to mention, I am very excited using it.
January 9, 2019
Education Management, 11-50 employees

“Good marketing helper”

ProsEasy to send marketing emails out which will be received by your entire client base.
ConsIt's sometimes tricky to customize emails to send them in your corporate design.
Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees
March 9, 2018

“Godaddy is a simple platform that can help automate email success.”

OverallThis product is great for small companies to get there foot in the door with email marketing. The objectives that one may have in email marketing can be met with godaddy's software.
ProsI like the ability to send to a mass amount of people very simply. It makes for a very successful email campaign.
ConsI do not like the limited amount of creativity one can add in an email. There are no dynamic features making this software stand out amongst other email marketing softwares.
Eric M.
manager
Management Consulting, Self-employed
October 10, 2019

“Does the thinking for you”

OverallReaching out to new customers as well as introducing new products/services to current
Prosfor a non-"techie" type person it is a relatively simple set up which is key to any small business that doesn't have much time or manpower
ConsIt is hard for me to tap into all of its features. that is probably the only reason for not giving a full 5 stars across the board.
October 10, 2019