Verizon Connect Reveal Ratings

Overall
3.5/5
3.5/5

About Verizon Connect Reveal

Verizon Connect's fleet management software for small to medium-sized businesses can help you uncover hidden costs while revealing the potential for greater efficiency. Use our smart dashboards and reporting tools to analyze trends and accurately measure your fleet's performance. With around-the-clock monitoring, you can effectively manage unsafe behavior, unauthorized use or deviations from standard procedure. Youll soon know where you can save, and operate a more efficient fleet. Learn more about Verizon Connect Reveal

Shawn G.
Fleet Administration Manager
Paper & Forest Products, 1001-5000 employees
June 24, 2019

“We Cried out for Help a Long Time ”

OverallSince we switched to ELD, absolute kaaos and mayhem. Sold us a product that wouldn't work with 2019 Kenworth. Our tablets were outdated, salesman never checked. We had to purchase $$$ tablets. The HOS violations report didn't work for 8 months. Vehicles we asked to be removed stayed in since 2016 (3 years). Could not provide a cable for a 2019 Kenworth for over 6 months. We were literally forced to go to a competitor. Our account rep was absolutely horrible. The fellow we got at the end was nice, but it was too late by then.
ProsWe liked Fleetmatics. We liked that power units and trailers could go on one page. We liked the reports the program offered. The Irish were friendly, and easy to work with. They were always knowledgeable, and helpful.
ConsThe tablets lost connection with the truck in no cell service areas. Verizon never announced updates. When updates occurred, they would interfere (take presidence) over the logbook in use, blocking drivers from logging in/out from breaks, and creating excessive unassigned miles. The gps would say 195 miles when we travelled 12 miles, not accurate. A vehicle we did not own showed up in our fleet. Vin numbers and vehicle data came up missing. Very unpredictable and inaccurate data. Portions of the program were inop for long periods of time. Notifications for events occurring in the future, how does that happen? Techs support not all on the same page as far as procedure when we called in. Some fixed things, others said there was no fix. Clearly not all trained, and the gap is huge. Some were argumentative.
June 24, 2019
Robin M.
CEO/Director
January 3, 2019

“Verizon Connect Autorenewal sham”

OverallAwful.
ProsI'm too disturbed by the customer service to comment positively about the software
ConsWe had been with Fleetmatics/Verizon Connect for 12 years. We rec'd little support though a couple of years back, a sales rep called to have us sign a new contract with an annual autorenewal. This November we were researching Fleet tracking options and called F/VC to find out when our contract was up. We were told at the end of January so mid-December, we reached out to them to tell them that we weren't going to renew (we found another provider with more services and lower prices) and asked what we needed to do. The man who introduced himself as our "Customer Success Partner" told me that our contract requires 60 days notification so we were stuck through Jan 2020. I explained that we hadn't been informed that when we called. He sent me a copy of the contract and told me "too bad" that my company should understand who it is doing business with. He said in no uncertain terms we were locked in through Jan 2020. I asked to speak to his manager but was told she was out of the office but well aware so if I called her the next day, I wouldn't have any better success. I did a search on New York State law and learned that a contract w/ autorenewal needing notice of more than 30 days requires the vendor to notify the signee of their renewal timing by certified mail (or in person) betwn 15-30 days of the deadline or it's not enforceable. Within 24 hours I received confirmation that the contract will terminated this January and not the following!
January 3, 2019
Ashley W.
Executive Assistant
Wholesale, 51-200 employees
July 19, 2019

“Incompetent Customer Service”

OverallIf you can find another company that has good coverage, choose them. I never had these kinds of issues before Verizon took over.
ProsThe software is user friendly and once you have the hang of it, it's easy to navigate the site as well as manage different locations and their vehicles as well. The reporting comes in handy as well.
ConsThe customer service is terrible. Ever since Verizon Connect took over Fleetmatics, it's all gone down hill drastically. While everyone I have talked with is very polite, they never seem to be able to discern between two different cases, can never send out the necessary parts as requested, even after they have said it will all be taken care of and they will ship out in no time. Just today, I called about a specific case number and wanted to make sure the parts needed for an install had shipped and would make it for our appointment on Monday, as we had not received them. The woman I spoke with could not find anything regarding the parts having shipped or not. She then said she found where they had arrived but that was for an entirely different case number. This was a situation where I already had to reschedule the install due to not having parts shipped as they said they would. So here we are, third time around and hopefully third times the charm. Unfortunately, this is the same story on each separate occasion when we need installs completed. I fully intend on trying to reach someone at a higher level to find out the reason behind this level of incompetency.
July 19, 2019
Carlos F.
Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees
August 20, 2019

“Contract renewal”

OverallEverything was good till I try to get in contact with my account manager, I was placed on a phone call with a rep, because I was offered a better price on another company so I called to see if Verizon could have giving me a better price to increase my units. This was not possible because the only do this when the contract it about to expired, I remember that I had a contract, but my calculation it should had expired well it's not the case happen that I have sign up for 3 years renewable automatic 3 MORE YEARS if you don't provide then with a request on writing to be place on file till the end of your contract, but as per the rep I could buy my full contract, Well my advice to you is BE careful with this contract because it do not make sense to have a contract after you had comply with the first 3 YEARS 36 MONTH!
ProsSoftware is good it do a good job but read your contract.
ConsIt refresh over 90 seconds most of the time.
August 20, 2019
Norma S.
Fleet Manager
Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees
June 7, 2019

“Truck Tracking made easy”

OverallLike i said before very useful tool to help keep your workers from driving to fast or reckless.
Prosits easy to use to locate a truck. I really like the feature where i can get directions to a truck it is such a useful tool.
Consi don't like that its so hard for me to pull a report from the data. I just want to be able to pull a spread sheet that will have the information in one place for each truck. like for it to read simple not have to look everywhere for it For Example DATE:, Trk #,Engine on:,Stop Time:,Idle Time:,Travel Time:,Distance(mile),Start/End Time,VIOLATIONS 6/1/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING 6/2/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING 6/3/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING 6/4/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING Because right now i have to read the whole report look minute by minute to get to the end of the report for that information. I think this way would be way easier for me to get & pull the data i need. Plus i have to go through the replay to see if there were any speeding or braking violations with what the speed is with how fast the where going. Looking forward to maybe seeing this happen.
Sandy E.
CFO
Wholesale, 51-200 employees

“Tacking vehicles”

OverallWe bought it for e-logs, and tracking vehicles. Difficult for users to easily use.
ProsI can fined all my vehicles when I need to.
ConsIntegration with other software isn't very easy. Also, administration is not as intuitive as it should be. Difficult to find what I am looking for, and can't always save something if I don't have complete info.
Steven C.
Automotive Technology Instructor/Fleet Manager
Education Management, 51-200 employees
June 19, 2018

“Basically, a very good product. I highly recommend that you consider it for your fleet management.”

ProsAllows me to spend less time on fleet management and more time on other duties. Allows for driver accountability. Before we used manual logs to write in mileage. There were many gaps. Vehicles would be driven 100s of miles with no documentation of where they had been. We were also able to identify dangerous driving habits (90+ mph with a vehicle load of students!). We use it to provide dynamic routing to pickup students that have had their off-site schedule change. Finally, I have a good handle on maintenance and vehicles are serviced on time, because I can plan ahead. We even use it to track car washings. Training is great, customer service has always help me out in that regard.
ConsThere is no way to easily display current mileage. You must go into the edit vehicle function to display current mileage. There is no way to display the mileage of the vehicle during a trip. It will display the mileage traveled during the trip but not the actual vehicle odometer reading. Not a huge deal, but there are times where it might be useful (forgot to write down mileage of service that I performed in-house). Calculated mileage will drift over time, sometimes by a few hundred miles, so you should be adjusting about once a month by comparing actual vehicle mileage with program calculated. Add a driver as user is challenging if driver is not defined as a user first. Customer service is usual great, but it took me almost a month to get additional fobs last time.
June 19, 2018
Joseph C.
Dispatcher

“Verizon Connect Review”

OverallRoute Optimization. Traffic is everywhere is constant here in Massachusetts. I can then determine the best route.
ProsI like how I can see all of the trucks on the map. I can hover over one of the icons and it will tell me where they are, how fast they going and who is driving. It also tells me how long they have idleing. I am constantly using the "Find Nearest" option as well, this gives the ability to tell customers exactly when the truck will be arriving on site. Overall We are happy with this platform.
ConsThe replay option. I dislike this feature. One reason being I have to watch the whole thing if I just need to see how long the last run took. On the timeline bar below I want to be able to slide that to whatever time frame I need to watch.
Mike W.
Operations Manager
June 6, 2018

“The technology and product work reasonably well. The information is an asset to managing the fleet”

ProsThe software is relatively intuitive....which is good because the customer support is the worst I have EVER experienced with any product! If you enjoy figuring things out on your own, you will really love this product. You can make it work for you with a little experimentation and some extra time invested.
ConsThe customer support is non existent. They have a lot of nice people answering the phone that are very sorry for your troubles...."someone" will get back to you within 24 hours. Unfortunately when they get back to you they are unable to assist you so they will elevate your issue to the tier 2 rep. The tier 2 rep will then get back with you in 24 hours. The tier 2 rep will likely be unable to help you...but they are also very nice, courteous folks who are sincerely sorry for your issue. The tier 2 rep will elevate it to a high priority and you will be contacted within 24 hours. The high priority rep will email you and ask if you have completed the proper documentation and send the forms to you....these will be the same forms you received and completed prior to this whole cycle beginning. Save the original forms so you can just resend it. It will save you time. I am sure by now you get the point...I have waited well over 6 weeks to get a device installed in a vehicle for fleet expansion. This has happened on more than one occasion. At present I am looking for another vendor who has equivalent technology with a matching suite of genuine customer service. My advice would be that you continue to look elsewhere and see what you can find before you are trapped in a 24 hour service cycle!
June 6, 2018
adam b.
Operations manager
Wholesale, 11-50 employees
June 19, 2019

“Poor customer support and follow through”

OverallCustomer support is awful. We started with fleetmatics in 2016 with 9 total trucks in our fleet. Once Verizon took over, i noticed the customer support took a nose dive and has never been the same. The sales reps take days or weeks to reply to voicemail and emails, or don't respond at all. We downsized to 8 trucks, and we are still being billed for 9 trucks, despite our sales rep guaranteeing me it has been rectified. I have reached out countless times to accounting, sales reps and nothing has been done. The rep instructed me to sign up for another contract and the 9th unit will fall off our plan. Yet, we are still invoiced for 8 total units. Each month we short pay by one unit, and its extremely frustrating to deal with this when Verizon is supposed to streamline our operations. Perhaps leaving negative feedback will prompt a manager to finally reach out to me and fix this once and for all. Not happy and would'nt recommend their service to any other motor carriers! Im on the verge of terminating our agreement and switching to Samsara! ab
ProsRunning reports on harsh events, speeding, cornering very easy.
ConsHours of service functions difficult to monitor. often times our drivers will see something on their tablet such as in their rest period, but on my end they still appear on duty. The ELD customer service hotline is always on point to help our drivers, and lead the way in support. If only the sales reps could do the same!
Rosemary A.
Human Resource

“Fleetmatics REVEAL Review”

OverallSince we put the tracking system, it has saved us money on payroll because the employees can't add time if the tracker shows a different time than what they are trying to input on their time card. It helps with liability issues with our auto insurance if we can see who is driving harsh and or speeding. We have an opportunity to speak to the employee and hopefully avoid an accident in the future.
ProsThe tracking is great because we know where our vehicles are at and the time they arrive and leave a job site. We had a lot of problems with employees not being truthful as to where they were. Since we had the tracking system installed it's been great . It tells us when they are just idling and wasting time, if they are using the vehicles for personal use and one of the features we really like is the report that tells us if they are harsh driving and/or speeding.
ConsOne of the problems is that I don't know where they are at the exact moment. The reports have a delay and so if I'm looking at the report to see if they are on their way back, it doesn't show me the exact time. Also, sometimes it will show me a street name or a freeway only without an address or something else that will identify where they stopped. It doesn't happen regularly, but it does occur.
Kurt F.
Vice President

“Never ending contract”

OverallMy overall experience with Verizon connect reveal And its previous named fleetmatics has been absolutely atrocious. we were sold this product with false hope about what it could and couldn't do And then we were charged a ton of money for services that we were not actually given. The customer service and the contracts are ridiculous so even if I wanted to switch to a different service I would have to pay over $10000 to buy my way out of my contract which I think is absolutely ridiculous. Long story short I'm stuck with this service forever and I'll never be able to get out of this contract.
ProsThis product helps me keep track of my vehicles And helps me to see who needs help where and when they will be at customers homes. It allows me to track speed driving behavior As well as keep track If the crews are where they are supposed to be.
ConsI do not like that the standard reveal software does not allow you to split Your routes between multiple vehicles. The other service that We purchased originally with reveal allow you to do that but in a very convoluted and not user friendly way and it was very expensive to do a very simple task. I have to use multiple software is now to do the same thing I should be able to do one that I pay an arm and a leg for.
Joshua M.
chief operating officer
Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees
July 3, 2019

“A great GPS Solution”

OverallTheir customer service, the products and features and the overall price are great. Honestly after reviewing 3 or 4 competitors this is the best option. I would highly reccomend if your tied in with other verizon partners. If not the system as a standalone gives you everything and more you could want, it just makes it potentially a double entry situation.
ProsIt is feature packed, however my one star i took away is because it only intergrates now with verizon Partners. We use none of those, so its completey stand alone for us. It works great for a fleet of any size. Installation of the units is quick and we have only had one issue with scheduling. The software is very reliable and we have no outages or missed data.
ConsThe cost, to be honest the cost isnt bad, however every new unit is under a extended contract. This greatly limits our ability to be fluid with our internal processes as were locked in for a new term with each new unit. It would be fantastic if this system/software could be easily intergrated with other programs. Our dispatching software doesnt allow us to intergrate with this software so were stuck using standalone systems.
July 3, 2019
Becky L.
June 18, 2019

“verizon is too big to care”

OverallTerrible. Verizon is about verizon customers are the dirt under their feet. They made so many mistakes that they could not and would not correct but then still charge as if they had done their job. This is by far my least favorite company. I look forward to the day a disruptor comes into their space and changes the way they must go to market to stay alive.
Prosthe ease of use, app was good.................
Consthe errors it had, it could never be corrected, the customer service was non existent, the software is good but the company sucks so bad I cancelled.
Jennifer G.
Safety & Compliance Coordinator
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

“ELD System”

OverallIt's beneficial to be able to see where each driver/truck is and not have to constantly bother drivers to find out ETAs. Customer service will troubleshoot a driver and provide them with help for their Logbook issues.
ProsThe software is user friendly and easy to train drivers on the system with the online training and quiz. There are many positive features such as reporting and tracking along with a simplified screen to show each driver's available hours for the day. Customer service is available 24/7 which is what an OTR Trucking company needs to provide their driver's with assistance for their Logbooks. Being able to see where your driver/truck is at all times is a saving grace and saves time from having to make a phone call to the driver asking for an ETA.
ConsThere were a lot of bugs in the initial roll out of the system, however as time has progressed it seems to have improved significantly. A lot of updates which drivers are not fond of as many drivers are not tech savvy and it would be better if they could limit their updates by testing the functionality of the updates prior to rolling out of the update.
Chuck E.
VP Operations
February 15, 2017

“Good product, HORRID customer service.”

OverallI've had this product for just over 2 years now tracking 17 trucks. Overall, I like the software, the mobile app, the fuel integration, mileage tracking, and service notifications. We've had a few issues with the installed units, but the installation team (which is subcontracted out) is very prompt and responsive to getting the issues resolved. My account rep and sales team, however, are a different matter altogether. First off, most of the time I call customer service, I will inevitably be transferred at LEAST 2 times to a different department, and will have to explain the issue in full each and every time. I had a billing dispute (where they charged me for an add-on e-log that was never received nor installed in my trucks) and they refused to issue me a credit or even really address the issue. Their entire attitude is basically "well, we shipped them out (to the wrong address) and it's not our fault you didn't install them". I've spoken with my account rep, his boss, and even the Customer service manager. Not only will they NOT respond to calls or messages (they never answer the phone), but emails go unanswered as well. I'm currently fighting them to buy out my contract so I can find a company that will actually provide service to their customers. Do your homework folks... Good product, TERRIBLE customer service!
Prosease of use, easy to install
ConsCustomer service is HORRID!
February 15, 2017
John C.
Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

“Our eyes in the sky”

OverallOverall, Verizon has helped us keep track of our vehicles and employees. The software helps us track employee times and efficiency as well as reduced theft on all levels.
ProsVerizon Connect lets us see exactly where our vehicles are and notifies us when a vehicle is started after hours. We recovered 2 stolen vehicles which resulted in the capture of an entire auto theft ring with multiple other previously stolen vehicles in Dallas and stopped 1 vehicle that was in the process of being stolen by directing Police to where the thief was headed. Operationally, this software is instrumental to our daily routing and dispatching of our technicians.
ConsVerizon Connect is regularly sending me email and direct mail solicitations for lower pricing, but when I call to get that pricing, they say it's only for new customers or new units. Then when I renew, they only want to renew at existing pricing. Why send better offers to me if we can't receive the lower pricing? And why can't we get a discount for renewal business? Their pricing is higher than most other GPS providers.
Buz P.
June 25, 2019

“Verizon Connect is a good product”

OverallIn the construction business we are able to see where our trucks are located at all times. We are able to monitor any type of speeding and also unauthorized use of vehicles. Also we are able to see where our vehicles are and not waste a phone call.
ProsVerizon installed the trackers and helped us set them up. Verizon was very professional throughout this whole process and stuck to their commitments and appointments. When we have issues cutomer service is always a phone call away.
ConsEven though the trackers were installed for free ... I feel that the monthly service is too expensive. It seems maybe you could get incentives or price breaks.
Benji G.
Operations manager

“Best Tracking Software”

OverallSo far we have recovered thousands of dollars in what could have been stolen equipment. Also we have cut down on refunds where customers said they didn't use the equipment and we can see how many hours they have put on it.
ProsI like the ease of use. We use it to track our rental equipment from location to hours of use. We can tell where it is and if a customer has been running it.
ConsThe desk top version is much more easier to use than the mobile.
Frank P.
Senior Operations Manager

“Fleetmatics Review”

OverallRunning reports and actually navigating the website is easy. Unfortunately this product doesn't give us exactly what we are looking for when it comes to the Replay function. Which is very important to us.
ProsI have tried other products and this one seems to be easy on the eyes. There are other products out there where their pages are too busy. Verixon Connect Reveal seems a little user friendly when navigating the website.
ConsIt does not do a good job following our drivers when it comes to the Replay function. You can set it between the "driver" or the "vehicle". With our business, many different drivers are in and out of our trucks in a single day. We can have 5 different drivers in just 1 truck. The Replay function doesn't do a good job following when our drivers are scanning in and driving the trucks. I wish I could see the Replay of a driver where it shows at 7am he scanned into Truck X and then scanned in to Truck Y at 9am. Then switched to Truck Z at 11am.
Lawrence C.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees
June 18, 2019

“used this tracking system for my vehicles since 2007”

OverallSee above
ProsIn the beginning it was very useful and saved me time and money , very eazy to use and train ours how to use the system
ConsSince the new company brought out the original company, the system has gone down hill, make changes all the time , remove options that where useful to my operation and not nearly as dependable, can not rely on the systems accuracy like I use to, quite often given bad reports and have to reboot the system to check and make sure it is accurate. Also the customer service in not very good any more, when you call with a problem all they want to do is up sell, that is when you can get in touch with someone, They also make me feel like they are not interested in the smaller companies now -what to put there efferts into the big trucking companie.
Davie P.
GM
Farming, 201-500 employees

“GM”

OverallMy employees are beginning to rely on the reporting for time cards, report on mileage, and reminders for maintenance. This is why the miner issues with not recording time, not being able to reset mileage, and reliability on when maintenance needs to be done is important to us and why I reduce my approval rating to average. I'm hoping this review will spark someone to contact us with some ability to fix their system.
ProsI like that it can be set to send to multiple people for timecards, maintenance and location.
ConsIt doesn't keep a log of time when out of view of antennas like I was told it would. When we do maintenance it doesn't let us reset the mileage to correct incorrect mileage and start over. Thus the mileage error is compounded with each maintenance. Units not reporting and the difficulty in getting service to correct problems. Not to do with software, but part of why I find Verizon overall lacking is the disconnect between sales, service and reporting.
Cindy B.
Closeout Specialist & HR Administrator
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
May 21, 2018

“It's one of the best purchases our company ever made. ”

OverallWe love this software, and we have cut down on employees unapproved use of company vehicles and improved employee driving safety by using it.
ProsWe've been using Fleetmatics, now Verizon Reveal, for years. We initially signed up with them because we wanted to keep track of what employees were doing in our company vehicles, but this software is capable of so much more. From tracking our oil changes to sending us alerts when employees are speeding, we use this every day. The customer service is amazing also, and there's a pretty nice referral program.
ConsIt recently went through a revamp, and we did a training for the new system about a year before it was actually released. It was a little bit of a messy transition, but once we downloaded the new apps to our phones and got over the hump of getting everyone back on the same page, it's been amazing. The upgraded graphical user interface and new features are great.
May 21, 2018
Meredith H.
Asst Controller / Exec Asst
Construction, 201-500 employees
September 7, 2019

“GPS Services”

OverallThe program is fine except above. However the Customer Service side from your agents SUCK!!! as long as you don't need anything after the initial set up you are good. Trying to order and add devices, nightmare trying to get service and install of additional devices nightmare.
ProsThe website works well for the most part and is pretty user friendly for most information needed.
Conssearching not friendly, you must know the device exact name to find what you are looking for. if you forget to notate changes trying to locate in the website and time costly and annoying.
September 7, 2019
Jane L.
Route Manager
July 5, 2019

“Love Fleetmatics!”

OverallVerizon Connect Reveal makes it so that I don't have to constantly be on the phone with my drivers to find out their location or eta of different stops, with 15 routes out on the roads at any given time, that would be constant phone use! Now with just a click of the button, I can track every driver and know their exact location to the minute and how they are driving as well!
ProsWe use this software every day to keep track of our drivers and their location. We are currently looking into expanding our use of the system. We aren't even using the system to it's full capability as of yet, but, I can tell you that it suits our needs and its the best system that we have tried as of yet. It's user friendly and the customer support team is the best.
ConsI wasn't in on the start of acquiring the software, so I haven't been able to get the time to learn how to do a few things, but that's my fault for not having the time!
July 5, 2019
Karen P.
July 1, 2019

“Service- Supply and Demand”

OverallTalked with customer service several times., Finally had a tech out to repair units, wrong parts sent. Two units were not working correctly for months.
ProsThe desk top software, the ease of using. All the office staff could use it easily
ConsService- Customer service -Repairs- A understanding of our business
July 1, 2019
CONNIE E.
Controller
Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

“GPS”

OverallI feel the customer service was much better before Verizon purchased the program. Getting units transferred to different vehicles can be a chore. We now get charged for this service that was once part of our contract. I don't like having to deal with several people to get something done. There is no tracking on service calls and the "call center" can only direct to the local "service company" - between all the moving parts, it isn't easy getting things done.
Prosthe software does show where vehicles are - where they have been. It was very helpful when one of our trucks were stolen, the police were able to find it quickly. We use the tracking part of the software everyday to confirm time cards.
ConsThe software is a bit "non-user" friendly. Setting up and maintaining was difficult when we first started using the software. There have been several improvements. Some of the reports are difficult to tweek to what we need.
Jason B.
Sales & Marketing Manager
Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

“Tracking Our Team”

ProsThe basics of the software are sound. Using the software is fairly easy and the mobile app is solid.
ConsLots of glitches and the web interface is constantly down. We see lots of lags in reporting as well.
Dan C.
National Asset Manager
August 20, 2018

“Fleet Management”

OverallSatisfied, but not WOW'ed
ProsLocation tracking for assets as valuable as vehicles and trailers is essential for businesses our size, and has proven helpful almost immediately in tracking vehicle history and managing logistics in day to day tasks. The driving habits they track as well are very informative and beautifully compiled with this software.
ConsCustomer Service has always been spotty and seems to still have issues after being bought by Verizon. Hopefully, these are just complications due to the transition in ownership.he The Driver ID functionality is not as secure as it sounds, and the driver ID keyfobs are a hassle for companies with many drivers and constant new hires. Tracking with trailers could also be improved, the struggle I understand as a trailer doesn't have a battery to connect to when not being towed... but we have trailers that are still reporting after 3 years or more and some that have stopped or needed repairs after only a few months. The companies that install the tracking units is outsourced, so this could be why we have noticed so many discrepancies between regions, which also adds unnecessary complications when scheduling installs/repairs.
August 20, 2018
Glen G.
September 24, 2019

“Customer Service SUCKS”

OverallProduct is ok, service SUCKS, it is divided into several departments and none of them know what the other is doing
ProsThe product itself is fairly good, but it does not provide all of the feedback, the sale person promised.
Cons My previous service provided engine information such as RPM, Turbo Pressure, Oil Pressure, and etc. salesperson said this product did the same but it does not. 2nd and most important, Verizon does not hire qualified techs to install the product, installation is sloppy at best, they came out 6 different times and never had the correct material. What was installed never worked as advertised, I have been trying to get out of the contract for the last 2 years.
September 24, 2019
Tyler F.
Fleet Supervisor
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees
June 19, 2019

“Great GPS Mediocre Everything Else ”

OverallSee cons section above
ProsCustomer Support is usually relatively quick to answer a call. GPS is wonderful
Cons-TABLETS CONTINUALLY DISCONNECT FROM VEHICLES CAUSING UNIDENTIFIED MILES. -Unidentified miles are duplicated many times to an overwhelming degree. -Some unidentified miles that drivers receive will not go away even after "Rejecting them" -Verizon Connect installers messed up the original installs and we wound up having issues with trucks due to the poor way they were wired in and actually lead to breakdowns on some units. -Even after original repairs some units still wouldn't work correctly. -I have a 2019 Kenworth and a 2020 Peterbilt that Verizon connect cant figure out how to install a ELD in and we are 6 months into the year. -No one at Verizon connect can solve the tablet disconnect issue. We bought new, better tablets that were recommended and we still have the same issues as before.
William B.
Logistics and Safety Manager
Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

“Fleetmatics Review”

OverallI hope we are putting safe drivers on the road as we now get speeding alerts.
ProsIt's compliant for the FMCSA ELD rule...
ConsI have no issues with the software, it's pretty easy to use.
Dawn J.
April 4, 2019

“Verizon Connect Reveal also known as FleetMatics”

OverallOverall we have solved problems in business with knowing where are technicians are even when they say they are somewhere else. It gives us proof of their locations in real time. While the technician is driving the unit on your computer screen will move as well. Great stuff!
ProsI work at a Fleet business where we have diesel technicians on the road performing emergency road service for diesel vehicles 24/7. This system helps us not only track our technicians locations, but so much more. We can guide them in their travel where there is less traffic to get to breakdowns faster, we can find parts stores faster for them and it keeps track of small things as in their oil changes and lets you know when the next one is due for each work vehicle.
ConsThere is nothing I do not like about this software. So far so good.
April 4, 2019
Kelly S.
Dairy, 1-10 employees
June 26, 2019

“Great Concept, a Little Off on Function”

OverallIt's been pretty touch and go with this service but overall, the basic functions give us more insight to our fleet needs, schedule, etc.
ProsBeing able to track and see live status of our fleet really changed our ability to provide accurate customer service and logistics solutions.
ConsThe software doesn't quite function to it's full potential. Often times routes will be uploaded but will disappear by the next day when our fleet needs it. No real solutions have been given so it's just not quite reliable. We also needed to invest a lot more in other tools (like upgraded garmin unitys) that weren't stated as required add-ons when the service began. The optimization tools are pretty useless and do not optimize the routes for our fleet.
ADILSON P.
ceo
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

“Price”

Overallthe customer service is not good at all
ProsThe product is overpriced, there is a lot of other similar products with better price
Consit made my company have a more professional feel
Garrett S.
Vice President

“Fleetmatics REVEAL Review”

Overallcustomers questioning if the tech came to there property to service. also manage my techs throughout the day has been very helpful.
ProsI like the fact that it gives so different break downs. speeding, hard breaking, etc. Also the fact that I can look back and see what a tech did in the past if a customer is questioning certain services. its fairly easy to move through the software on a desktop.
Consthe mobile app on my phone is very difficult to go through history. at times the GPS isn't quite accurate in regards to the alerts. (personal experience, when I feel when I've been driving and had to slam on my breaks nothing came up) other times I would get an alert when I definitely feel there shouldn't have been one.
Linda T.
office mgr
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

“A Valuable Tool”

OverallI have had no problems with Verizon Connect, it has been very reliable and accurate.
ProsI like being able to check to see where my trucks are in real time. It also helps to verify true times on time sheets, as far as when a tech arrived or left a customer's house. I also like that it alerts me whenever their speed is an issue, or when they start and stop. The reports are handy to pull up over any period of time and can be printed up. It is easy to add trucks or any information.
ConsI can't really think of any. It meets all of our needs.
Will Z.
COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR
Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

“NO CUSTOMER SERVICE”

OverallI came on board in December with one of my main jobs being Admin for the Reveal Fleetmatics program. I was excited and made several attempts to contact a Rep with your company to get me up and running on how the system worked... Videos, Tutorials, etc... ANYTHING. I received ZERO response or assistance. It was so bad that our General Manager directed me to go elsewhere. I did and we found SAMSARA. We notified Fleetmatics that we were cancelling and STILL failed to get a call from ANYONE in sales or "Customer Success" other than to explain that we had missed the notification window by about 2 weeks and we were automatically renewed for another year. The service was non-existent. ALL I WAS NEEDING was a basic work through on how the system worked and we would STILL be with you. Your people really dropped the ball and that (obviously) still bothers me as I think you have a serviceable product. Again, NO ONE called... NO ONE asked why we were leaving, NO ONE, EVER other than to explain how much we owed.
ProsIFTA works well... easy to build a list of applicable vehicles and states needed to look at
Consyour service, or lack thereof. Actually, that isn't fair... I can't possibly rate something I've never experienced.
Nathan K.
Operations/Sales
June 6, 2017

“We Love This Software and Rely On It More Than Expected”

OverallWe have been completely satisfied with the performance and functionality of Verizon REVEAL.
ProsThe stability has been flawless and the ease of use has made Verizon REVEAL a "go-to" for everything from quick reference location checks to detailed driver safety and vehicle performance monitoring. The fuel card integration has enabled us to monitor fuel purchases to ensure everyone continues to abide by our fleet fuel guidelines. The driving behavior reporting has dramatically improved our fleet's driving.
ConsWe really don't have many objections to the software. Possibly the developers could provide a screen saver function to protect large TV's like we use to display content from the application.
June 6, 2017
Jordan R.
Fleet Compliance
Wholesale, 501-1000 employees

“Disappointing...Plain and Simple”

OverallOur overall experience has been extremely disappointing. For the Verizon brand to put their name on a product and then leave their customers out in the cold as they have with this product is very disheartening. They have not only dropped the ball with customer support, they regularly inform customers of firmware or software upgrades that only get half done (If you are lucky) that cause reporting issues and result in FMCSA/DOT violations for running an incomplete ELD system. We frequently have to deal with mileage discrepancies (of 50-10,000 miles per month) between the vehicle odometer and the reports generated by the Verizon system. We were told this was due to tire ware of our vehicles. We have trucks that will show mileage in Ohio, Indiana and Florida, no other states and no explanation of how, just that the truck must have "moved" to a state and region of the country that we do not ever service. We have trucks that daily "teleport" across states. Trucks will start driving at one point in a state and 3 minutes later will appear on the other side of the state or in the next state over, with no record of what route they drove, what speed they traveled at or anything. In summary, this was a decision that in hindsight should have been researched better. We are currently locked into a 36 month contract with 18 months left, and we are counting down each and every single day waiting for it to be over because that day will not come soon enough.
ProsOriginally, we believed that the Verizon name taking over Fleetmatics would be fantastic for this product, however we were greatly disappointed and I struggle to find a "Pro" to highlight. The best thing I can come up with is our account rep. We had to weather quite a storm to get to him, he is our 6th P.O.C. representative in the 18 months we have been under contract but now that we have been paired with him it is nice to have someone who at least listens and attempts to help our fleet of 350 trucks and 450 drivers.
ConsWell I will apologize from the start regarding the length of my statement, however, there are quite a few MAJOR issues that all perspective buyers should be aware of with this system. Accuracy of reporting - We use this system to submit IFTA mileage to the government, however there is no dedicated IFTA reporting (as we were promised in the trial process) and the reports they do offer often resemble being blindfolded and tossing some thumb tacks at a map. We regularly show one truck with miles traveled in Ohio, Indiana and Florida...no other states, so I have clue how Verizon claims this truck (that runs a route to a from Ohio and Indiana daily with no other activity) makes it from Ohio and Indiana all the way to Florida, without registering travel mileage in any other state?! We also run into reports of trucks speeding on roads that show speed limits of 33mph, 37mph, 42 mph and 67mph. While I have not been able to travel to all 50 states in the US, I have yet to be able to find one of these speed limit signs posted, even with the help of all drivers in our company. Firmware/Software/Mobile App - There is a new update to the trucks or the mobile app every other day, and some of the worst customer support to administer these updates, often doing only half the job hanging you out to dry and to defend yourself against the FMCSA/DOT violations you receive for running an incomplete ELD. BUYER BEWARE! There is SO MUCH MORE to explain but I am running out of characte
Toni L.
GM
Retail, 11-50 employees
June 9, 2019

“a little much for our small business but it generally works.”

OverallWe do not use VCR to its full extent. Much of the software is suited to a different business model than ours since we don't do "routes" or long distance trucking. We've used the tracking software to make sure our drivers are where they are supposed to be in general. It keeps the owner of the business informed.
Proswe can (sort of) find our drivers. We have used this software to deny unemployment benefits.
Cons~the addresses are not exact, even our business has the wrong address... ~there is no way to assign a driver to different vehicles multiple times of day. i really need this. ~30 seconds is too much time to refresh when a driver is in a city and the office is trying to help our driver navigate.
Tara C.

“Great Product”

OverallOverall it has been great. Rocky at first, like any new product startup, but much better now and I have tried 4 other ELD options and this one is hands down the best for us.
ProsEasy to use Great web training classes Helpful and responsive customer service Easy to understand, set up and install Easy to make corrections
ConsI would like it if the unidentified miles were more real time again. They used to be but then changed to a 48 hour delay so drivers can claim them. In my experience the drivers never go back and look or accept them. When it was real time, it made identifying ELD malfunction issues much faster for the administrators as driver do not look at the program unless they are changing status. I found more ELD issues and notified the drivers which helped eliminated possibility of violations.
SHANNON D.
EQUIPMENT ADMIN
Oil & Energy, 501-1000 employees

“REVEAL REVIEW”

OverallOVERALL, THE SOFTWARE HAS BEEN SUFFICIENT IN THE NEEDS FOR OUR COMPANY AND HAS BEEN USEFUL IN MANY WAYS.
ProsTHE COST AND THE FACT THAT INSTALLATION WAS INCLUDED.
ConsSOMETIMES THE REPORTS ARE DIFFICULT TO PULL CORRECT INFORMATION
Mitchell C.
System Administator
Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

“Frustrated ”

OverallYou guys have been milking us on pricing and tech for a while. Not that we are interested in other company you are willing to reduce to try and keep us. We even have to ask about features we do not have. If we could drop our service without penalty we probably would but your contract does nothing for the customer. If you had superior service and equipment at a great price, you would not have to worry about contracts.
ProsCan't think of any right now but you require 40 characters on this section.
ConsI cannot color code the icons on the map so that when we look at it we recognize specific groups. The names do not stay up on the icon on the map so you know what specific unit and or driver it is. We are always dealing with units that are not reporting.
Phil J.
Dispatcher
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

“Verizon Connect Feedback”

ProsI've found the software incredibly easy to use and navigate. The load time on pulling previous routes is very quick and had very little lag time. It doesn't take long to train other users on the basic functionality of the software.
ConsThe software is very limited in its abilities in terms of tracing the exact path of the trucks (it leaves a breadcrumb but not an exact path). We also have had a horrendous dealing with customer service and tech. support when issues arise and ultimately had to move our fleet to another service provider that offers more features and fits our company needs better.
Bryan M.
Director of Field Operations
June 19, 2019

“Verizon Connect We cannot survive without this”

OverallLocating our crews and keeping them on schedule has saves us thousands of dollars annually. The ability to track miles for standard vehicle maintenance has also allowed us to manage an aging fleet of vehicles and keep them on the road longer.
ProsWe love the ability to know where our crews are at all times. How long it took for them to get there and how long they stayed on each job. Our crews also have the ability to locate there co workers when they need assistance. Maintenance tracking and milage is also key for our fleet and VC does it all.
ConsSometimes loading is a touch slow and some reports are not how I need them to be.
Karen B.
Dispatch/Safety

“ok for tracking”

OverallI do not like that when your system has an update, that the previous version does not work correctly. The laws did not change, so I am not sure why the system does not work!
ProsI like to be able to see where everyone is in the morning or if a customer is looking for that shipment.
ConsThe customer service only knows what they are taught in Verizon's classroom no real experience. The customer service personnel think they know the law and they do not.
Josh C.
Support Staff
June 17, 2019

“Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking System”

OverallIt's been great. Plain and simple system that operates well. Great support staff team, from the installers to the engineers that troubleshoot.
ProsThe system is just easy and works. From the mobile app to the desktop, everything has worked seamlessly. In the 3+ years we have been using the software, we have only been been down a couple of times, and the support staff had the issues resolved within a couple of hours each time.
ConsWe are a fairly small business in the "grand scheme" of things, and there are honestly too many options and features for a company our size. We simply cant fully utilize what the system offers.
Emily P.
Secretary
November 2, 2018

“New ELD's with Verizon Connect formerly Fleetmatics”

OverallI think it would be a lovely service once all the bugs are worked out of either the tablet or the connectivity. There are an amazing amount of features available that are really cool and can come in handy. Although, I do hope they will get better so that our drivers can operate with them like they are intended.
ProsI'm not quite sure if the issues that our company has had with the new ELD's is a software matter or rather with our hardware. The main issues our drivers have had are with status changing by itself. A good example, when a driver has changed status to off duty for 30 min, break, suddenly the status changes on its own back to driving or something. We've had several occasions where the drivers havent been able to use the ELD's due to either not being able to log in and get to the dashboard or the app just not refresing .
ConsSometimes it doesnt work properly and therefore drivers have had to run paper logs in the meantime while we try and get it, our drivers have to
November 2, 2018
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
September 17, 2018

“Verizon Connect Reveal for Small Business”

ProsWe utilize this software for GPS tracking on our company vehicles. Since our employees are all over the place, it is crucial that we are able to see where they were and how long they were there. It helps with time clocks as well as ensuring productivity. Lots of different report options. You can learn a lot about your fleet's daily activities with this product.
ConsEditing geofence areas can sometimes be finnicky. Also, the search function can be finnicky as well. You can't just type in one word of the entire name of the place, it has to be the exact words in the correct order or it won't find it.
September 17, 2018