CorelDRAW Ratings

Overall

About CorelDRAW

Design anywhere with CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2019. Experience the freedom to work the way you wanton Windows or Mac in an intuitive interface developed specifically for your platform of choice. Whether you're passionate about pixels, obsessed with flawless output, or in love with layout, you'll find all the professional graphic design tools you need to work faster, smarter, and in more places including on the go with CorelDRAW.app. Dare to design differently. Learn more about CorelDRAW

Tetty I.
Web and Graphic Designer
Furniture, 201-500 employees
July 24, 2019

“One of The Essential Software for Graphic Design ”

OverallI have been using CorelDraw since i started my vocational highschool back around 2009. Currently i am using CorelDraw X7 to help me finish my work as Web and Graphic Designer. It isn't the most updated version but i can still find features or tools that i needed the most. I took Multimedia as my major when i was in highschool. I work a lot in creating vector image, especially for logo making. I work as Graphic Desiner as my side job when i went to college to help me cover up my bills. I work a lot in logo making, banner and flyer design and also some website layout design. I also did some comission art work for souvenirs or gift. Now i am using CorelDraw for building the brand of my company where i work a lot in graphic and visual for website and social media. CorelDraw is a part of my life i would say, if that doesn't sounds too cheesy. But seriously, CorelDraw has helped me in many aspects such as hobby, career and even financial. It is user friendly and challenging your creativity.
Pros CorelDraw is one of the most essential software for graphic design. It helps you create many things such as vector illustration, logo, web graphics etc. It is easy to use and came with many advanced tools that you can use to build your professional project or art work. When you open the software to start a new project, it will first give you an option in which kind of graphic you would like to work. Start from the work area or page size, resolution and dimension. It is very important because it is related to the quality of your final project. Once you are in the work area or page, you can can always add a new page for each project but it will saved in one .cdr project file which i find it really convenient. Instead of having a lot of project file, you can have one project file which consist several works. Another thing, there is a hint tab which give you tips and tricks on designing.
ConsAs a graphic design software, CorelDraw have so many tools which is makes it a little difficult to use if you have never work with any of graphic design software before. But you can always read the manual, watching tutorials or read the hint tab. Even though it has many tools, CorelDraw still lack of photo editing tools or features but i can still use Corel Photo-Paint if ineed to do a photo editing
July 24, 2019
Nimanthi R.
Graphic design
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
April 26, 2019

“one of the finely used software throughout the world”

Overallthis tool is good for creating flyers, one page brouchers, images or medium level videos. Its features make it worth using software. When it comes to remove major errors from image, refining the image or video, or applying basic and advance effects, no other tool is better than corel draw. For rendering large size image, this tool slows down and takes time yet the result is always up to the standard. Hence, corel draw is highly recommended as the best graphic designing tool.
ProsCorel draw is one of the finely used software throughout the world. Its user friendly interface, easy to use features and reliability makes it exceptional for every graphic designer. However, what make it special are some major features of this software. While using corel draw the features which make it exceptional are its live-sketch tool, healing clone tool, curving, multi monitoring, blur feature, enhancement stylus, extremely easy to use GUI, interactive sliders, font search and filtering, custom shapes of nodes, font management, and vector previews. All the features make it easy to handle any complex graphic designing work. When one starts using this software and editing a picture or image, all the solutions, elements and features are one click away for him and this is the reason why it is given preference by experts over all other graphic editors. Moreover, the best aspect of this tool is the connected workshops which enable a naive user to master himself in graphic editing using corel draw.
ConsWhile using this software, one also has to come across some downsides of this tool such as less support to real life pictures and videos composition, less support to high volume data and powerful images, visibility of minor drawing issue due to enhanced images etc. Moreover, stuffs such as page accumulation, layout methods, automation of styling and proper written guides are missing when one start using corel draw for advance purpose.
Bryan M.
Product Director
Design, Unspecified
June 24, 2018

“Well above the competition for magazine layout and advertising design”

ProsI've been using CorelDraw since version 3 back in 1993. CorelDraw combines the features of apps like Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign in one intuitive and easy to use application. Need to design a vector ad that uses a few images? Edit the image and adjust resolution inside CorelDraw without having to first use another program like Photoshop. Need page layout for a multi-page project? Do it all in CorelDraw instead of having to build every page or ad separately and import into a separate application just for page layout. In addition to features that allowed us to use a single program rather than multiple, CorelDraw has an assortment of shortcuts that just make sense, and that Adobe hasn't bothered to include an easy way to accomplish in programs like Illustrator. Select the next object below or last below is a perfect example of this. With Illustrator a simple feature like this wasn't possible until CS5, while Corel had it for years before. All in all, CorelDraw's ease of use and flexibility saved me countless hours over the years.
ConsThe biggest problem CorelDraw faces is that it is not advancing as quickly as its competitors. I still believe it is the best tool for the specific projects I had in the past, but if I had a project that involved solely vector illustration, or photo editing, I'm not sure if CorelDraw would be the best choice for it. It really shines in projects that would normally require a mix of PS, AI and ID. I hope that it continues to advance in the future so that it remains relevant for other types of projects as well.
June 24, 2018
Rafael B.
Jefe del departamento de Oceanografia
March 15, 2018

“Simply a great and useful graphing program. ”

OverallIn general it has allowed me to represent with excellent quality, the various products for whose development I have used this software. I am currently testing the latest version 2017 and the LiveSketch tool is really sensational as it allows to draw freehand vector curves directly on the screen, being very promising the tests that I have and am doing.
ProsWhat I find most remarkable is its vectorial character, a quality that is very useful especially when the work done has to be enlarged or printed in large size, because if it were based on pixels, the sharpness of the image would be lost on which one worked. Another good feature is that it works based on objects that are independent of each other, and it is also multipage (which significantly differentiates it from similar programs such as Illustrator that is not). Also worth noting is the fact that it is one of the few commercial software that can be installed indiscriminately on a PC, or on a mac (apple) and even under Linux, allowing to save, import and export documents from a wide range of formats such as: Adobe Illustrator , PCT (Macintosh PICT), PSD (Adobe photoShop), etc
ConsThe basic disadvantage that I find is the same as it applies to any graphic software of vector character: you must have a computer equipped with a powerful and powerful processor that allows you to perform all the calculations necessary to design with this software, a task that becomes a lot slower to the extent that the number of data rises, as more elaborate designs are desired. In particular work with surfaces composed of a large number of points, because they must be characterized with enough detail, and in a number of occasions I had to "filter" the number of data that make up that surface to use the software and get results in a peremptory time On the other hand, it is not compatible with freeware programs such as the inskcape.
March 15, 2018
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
August 18, 2019

“Fantastic to use with a Wacom tablet or iPad”

OverallI was first introduced to this in grad school. I went to an art school and I got a free copy there. After a few years when that software was a bit outdated, I got the latest one. I used some other products and I'll be honest there's not a lot of variation in what this can do for me, but I find this one the easiest to use and for me that makes all the difference. I do a lot of pen and ink stuff, then I use Photoshop for revisions, edits and tweaks; and I'll use CorelDRAW for stylistic tweaks --you know, like vector something.
ProsA lot of great features and tools. One reason I tend to go back to this product a lot is because of the different pen tips. I tend to use this with other products like Photoshop, Illustrator and so on, but with that said, I don't use this to it's full capacity. I'm a pen and ink artist, but I do use CorelDRAW for some digital additions or to experiment and for touch ups. I purchased this a while back, but I was able to download this on all my devices and that was great so now I can use it on any device. Definitely my Mac and PC have the most use with this but I use it for light sketches on my iPad too. There's a lot of advanced features here, but I haven't used it extensively. I like that there's a subscription service and a one time purchase too.
ConsI don't think there's really any cons. This can be expensive for some. But this is very high quality stuff. I also use Adobe Illustrator and I'd put the two on par. I'd only maybe prefer Illustrator because it's a bit easier for me to work with both Illustrator and Photoshop, but it's very easy to move vector images around here. Inkscape is a free vector imaging program which works incredibly well. I'd honestly suggest tinkering with that if you are just dabbling, but if not, I think this is a decent purchase with no real cons. Of course, this is coming from a person who uses this product a lot but not to its full potential.
August 18, 2019
Bodo S.
Dir Eng
Automotive, 11-50 employees
September 30, 2019

“Good solution for Vector Drawings”

OverallI have used Corel Draw to make presentation ready drawings (for print and presentations), where simple Powerpoint Sketches wouldn't do. It allows us to generate technical drawings.
ProsI've been using Corel Draw for >15years and it has always been my go-to package for vector drawings. It offers a shorter learning curve than Adobe Illustrator and an overall lower cost. The ease of doing paths (including spline/bezier control) is unique and makes using it fast and efficient.
ConsCorel Draw has gone through a few iterations and development stalled for a few years, hence it's not up-to-date with the latest features (i.e. 3D, workflow integration).
September 30, 2019
Robert Z.
Desigh
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
September 8, 2018

“Once the best of the best”

OverallNow, 27 years of using Corel, I have ceased upgrading. The software still is the best for me, simply because I know how to use it well and do not like Adobe. Yet, I will no longer blindly upgrade as I had, every second reiteration. I used to have two legally purchased copies for my two side-by-side PC's. Both these registered on the Corel WEB site. But a few years past, 3 years after registering with them, I was told that the one copy is not legal. Now I have only one legal copy. So, the software would get an 85% mark but the people supporting it would only receive 25%, this averaging to be just over 50% to my thinking. With the officious way of dealing with their customers, disregarding loyalty, disregarding feedback, disregarding most, they add virus like advertising with the installation. To me this taste's of desperations, get the last possible cent out of the customer. No more, no thank you.
ProsFor me, CorelDraw has all that I need for creating my advertising designs, web graphics and the like. once you become used to the product, it is more than enough for most anything and everything.
ConsCorelDRAW was once the best of the best but then they sought to become Adobe. They started to change the way Corel operated, also made some aspect difficult to manage and handle. Consistency was the first item they threw out the window. Also, they have included a virus in their installation. You will receive POP-UP notifications at the most inopportune moments. These will inform you of the new products Corel is seeking to push onto you. Most annoying to have such on my own PC, code installed that is activated without my wanting it. That is what a virus is, is it not? Something that does something on your PC that you do not want!
September 8, 2018
Saidu A.
Graphic designer /Blogger
Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees
December 21, 2018

“CorelDraw, One Of The Best Graphic Design Software ”

OverallEver since i started using coreldraw i have helped so many companies advertise their products through graphic design, i have also help many organizations to spread information in a form of banner/flyers as well as wedding invitations and many other helpful things, i use the knowledge i have with coreldraw as a source of income for myself because i get paid pretty good when ever i create a banner or any graphic design content for a client. I also teach young people how to create good graphic design with coreldraw because i found this software to be an invaluable tool to make a living, it has really helped alot of businesses, companies and organizations to spread and advertise their products and generate more revenue for them selves in one way or another, to be frank with you, coreldraw is one of the best softwares i have ever seen in my life because of the wonders you can do with it, just try it out and see what i am talking about.
ProsI like the ability to bend and make it do whatever you want to achieve related to graphic design, when i first came across the software i thought it wasn't a great deal but when i started exploring it, i realized that there is nothing you can't do with CorelDraw,you can achieve almost anything and can bend it to do so many wonderful things in different ways.
ConsThe one thing i can say that i didn't pretty much like with coreldraw is that it is somehow hard to learn, it takes a long time before you get use to the user interface and also the shortcut keys are not common unlike the Microsoft shortcut keys that are straight forward, but once you get use to the system, then sky is your limit because it's fun working with coreldraw and so many wonderful things can be done on it.
Zohaib A.
Co-Founder
Computer Software, Self-employed
December 21, 2018

“Vector design with Corel got even better with the 2018 release”

OverallThe new release is incredibly time saving because of the Multi threading and it counts when you have a tight schedule doing projects for clients. Overall, great performance / feature improvements for Artists. This is the way to go!
ProsThis software particularly shines in areas like vector design while also maintaining its core strengths in Painting and drawing. But most of all, the true show stealers are corel's new features in the 2018 release (listed below, I highly recommend anyone give it a try if you're a designer). At first it may very well seem like a steep learning curve if you're new but once you get the hang of it, you get blown away by how much it can actually do and after a bit, you'll begin realize that the UI is in fact incredibly user friendly all the while being quite powerful for professionals who do design on a regular basis. Here are some of my favorite features from the 2018 release: 1. The new symmetry tool (Be sure to try and do Radial, horizontal and vertical of course) 2. It being Multi Threaded (The 2018 version) so it gives better performance than its competitors but it depends on how it's being used 3. Vector preview tools to better understand how it would look like on actual web pages/print 4. Bitmap tracing (it's about time!) 5. And last but certainly not the least, the Great photo editing tools like perspective correction and picture mosaic
ConsNothing bad to say, especially after this release!
Nipuna R.
Aircraft Maintenance Trainee B1.1
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees
November 27, 2018

“The Designers' Suite”

OverallCorelDraw, the one of best software for illustrations and graphic designing. Our family business, a publishing firm has moved from FreeHand to CorelDraw in 2005 with CorelDraw v11 and now currently using X8 because its ease of use and worldwide compatibility. We distribute and Stored thousands of documents via .cdr (CorelDraw Files)
ProsThe colour management feature is one of best thing in this application as a Publishing firm. Trace function which we can convert images to editable illustrations are very useful when designing many things. In new versions, we can attach the font files to cdr document which solved many problems in earlier versions when transferring documents. "Prepare for Service Bureau" which gather all files (CDR file, PDF, Font Files, Document info, font info) helps alot when moving or distributing documents.
ConsThe major issue with the CorelDraw is we cannot open new version's .cdr file with older versions. Hope CorelDraw team will make a way atleast in future versions which gives capability to open new files in older versions. Sometimes the Application going crash when working with complex designing. Hope the team will improve the stability of the app.
November 27, 2018
Rex S.
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
February 27, 2019

“Best Page Layout Software!”

OverallBeen using CorelDraw since version 4. Its come a long way! I highly recommend it for page layout and logo creation. Its more affordable than than other software in its class. I have created many catalogs and logos over the years with CorelDraw. Always get compliments on my work.
ProsThe latest Version 2019 has been a great inprovement in the overall performance with Window 10. Many of the issues resolved from older versions. Page layout is the number one thing I use the software for. Also graphics and logo creation. I create single page marketing materials and even catalogs with CorelDraw. Its by the the best software I have used for creating marketing materials. A real pro is the formatting for microsoft office and the web. One click and its ready. Also the save to PDF is a great feature and used all the time.
ConsI have no real cons with CorelDraw. The issues I see is in the learning curve as it takes time to learn. Trying to teach others how to use it is not easy. Would like to see more options in the customization of the user interface.
February 27, 2019
Zoyree Estefania L.
Coordinador(a) Industrial
Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees
August 27, 2018

“One of the best designing software I have ever used”

OverallCorel draw is just an amazing graphic designing software, considering the amazing content I am able to produce being an engineer and not a graphic designer I can truly tell that everybody can use it a its fullest, you just need to invest a lot of time to master it because it is not an easy software, but it is really rewarding.
ProsCorel draw is one of the best vectoring softwares, since I have used it in our company all of our documents have gotten significantly better. We redraw every graph that comes from excel, we recreate all of the tables created with word and edit all of the pictures that come from powerpoint. For me it has been an excellent complement to our office softwares.
ConsA big handicap that corel has is the fact that it is not easy to learn or streamlined at all, for you to even create basic designs you need not only to learn every command it has but also to learn how they all work, and in some cases just using one basic command requires more than 5 steps, It is an excellent software but you will need to invest a lot of time to master ir.
August 27, 2018
samuel t.
Chief Executive Officer
Graphic Design, Self-employed
August 4, 2018

“Best Graphic Design Software for Vector Drawing”

OverallCorelDraw is overall a great Graphic Design software to use. It's will be a bit complex to use, especially for first time user but for a widely adopted software, you can easy get a video tutorial for your advantage.
ProsAlthough I have been using Photoshop for years but I find CorelDraw very easy to use for Vector Drawing. CorelDraw proves to be a powerful, capable graphic design app, my favorite part of using CorelDraw is the fact that it's capable of rendering amazing effects without the help of plug-ins (unlike Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop). CorelDraw has professional-level and unique features, easy to understand. Perfect for Graphic Designs.
Cons1: Apparently I have to stick with Windows OS to make use of CorelDraw, MacOS isn't supported and that's a bummer. 2: Pricing seems a bit aggressive. 3: Although CorelDraw has some amazing features to help make project neat and ease, however there are an overwhelming number of tools and features to use; it definitely take quite a while to learn how to use them all.
August 4, 2018
Favour O.
Computer Aided Design Operator.
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees
February 28, 2019

“Corel draw, A wonder!”

OverallSo far Corel draw has made me fall in love with my computer,these days I find it hard to leave my computer screen because daily I get to explore and discover new and exciting features and designs,all it takes is for me to imagine a design in my mind and voila! It comes alive!!
ProsI love every feature on the app. The fact that I can easily access and understand how to use the tools and mix the colour palettes to get a desired shape and colour makes me excited!! The shape tool is my favorite tool so far,this particular tool in my opinion is the most interesting of all the tools,with this tool you get to shape and restructure different things into different shapes and ways,you can also use this tool to edit pictures without depending on photoshop! The colours are another beautiful aspect of this software, most of the colours like yellow,light ash,light green brings your shapes and designs to life. I Love Corel draw for life!!
ConsI would like just one feature to be worked on which is the bitmap function. Once converted that design cannot be edited again. It would be lovely to still easily make adjustments to designs even in bitmap form.
February 28, 2019
Noe Adonai S.
Productor de música
Music, 1-10 employees
October 22, 2018

“Corel draw have a good quality: Intuitive”

OverallI make music and I would like to say thanks to CorelDRAW for allow me to create my own branding, my logo an my cover arts. I think without CorelDRAW I couldn't arrive when I am. Thanks.
ProsThe most thing I like of corel draw is it easy to use, I've also tried a lot of other graphic design programs, but I feel uncomfortable with the tools the have. Corel draw have a good quality: Intuitive. There are a lot of people who say the like more your competence, I don't know why, but you can clean your name making a new and fancy app, and very important: Creating Ads Campaigns, inspiring a lot of people with your vision of creating art with corel draw. BTW: I have a lot of ideas, so I have another: Corel Draw is a program to design logos and another vectorized images... Create a new program to draw, corel draw can make a great images, but I would love to paint into corel draw. I hope this ideas help ;)
ConsYou can improve this things... Sometimes when I try to apply an advanced weathered fill, the program closes. Corel draw have a lot of tools and options, but I would love to use all of them in a simplified form. I'd be nice to all the users if you create a new corel draw more easy to use. Something like an app made for begginers in graphic design. The other day I thought you can make millions of dollars if you make an Android App, because all the people have cellphones and they want to create things but there isn't an app for graphic designers.
October 22, 2018
Gabriel Junqueira S.
Marketing and Sales Director
Construction, 1-10 employees
August 8, 2019

“The long standing industry standart”

OverallI use it mostly to prepare files for cnc laser cutting, fabric embroidery and similar applications. However, I eventually use it to create catalogues and other material that demand repeatability across several pages, with precise element placement and demand for vector illustrations. I find it more versatile then Adobe InDesign, and easier to use for that purpose than Adobe Illustrator. In that sense, is kind of a in between solution.
ProsCorel Draw is excellent for product design and technical layouts when you need precise placement of elements and repeatability over different pages. It is very intuitive to use, and in my opinion, much easier to learn than it's main competitor. The newer versions offer great customizability and the modular nature of the resources means you only pay for the functionalities you actually need. Corel supports (both for importing and exporting) a very large variety of file types, which is why it still is the industry standard when preparing files for CNC laser cutting, computerized embroidery, silk screen canvasses and other non ink printing media.
ConsWhen it comes to creative intuitive design, I find it a bit limiting for the same reasons it makes for a good technical design software. It is based on parametric constraints and measures, which makes it very good for technical layouts (such production guides or products datasheets) and helps a lot with standardized lay outs where repeatability is a must across several pages. However, when you want to design intuitively and loosely for mostly aesthetical effect, it can be a bit hindering to the creative flow, at least when compared to its main competitor.
August 8, 2019
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
March 6, 2019

“CorelDRAW synonymous with haute couture when performing graphic design, editing and professional pho”

OverallFor me CorelDRAW is a very technical tool that requires adjustments before use, such as point density, scale, color calibration (default is CMYK), keyboard shortcuts, units of measure, performance adjustments but after that without Doubt is the best design tool that is currently offered in the market.
ProsThe main advantage of CorelDRAW is its powerful and incredible program of photo retouching, this makes any image is susceptible to be perfected and in the case of the world of marketing that is an indispensable tool to achieve high quality work. the other thing known about this program is that its vector drawing is the most used in the world of fashion and graphic design, this makes a large number of design are under this graphic scheme and therefore is a tool of universal character.
ConsThe most usual limitation in this program is its command systems, which is at the beginning of the use of CorelDRAW, which is somewhat complex and those who do not master these commands tend to spend a long time dragging the mouse through the menus and end up hating the program in addition to the scale and dimensions of the program admit nothing more than a maximum page size of 50 meters what in the current market although it seems a lot, for some design projects is little.
March 6, 2019
Ray A.
Research and Cultural Consultant, Editor/writer, interpreter.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
August 29, 2018

“Professional vector graphics drawing program. Pricey, but excellent.”

OverallCorelDraw is a professional grade tool, is highly reliable and stable. The program did not slow or bog down when I created very large map drawings that included hundreds of component drawings with underlaid bitmap satellite images.
ProsCorelDraw has been under constant development for decades and is a professional grade vector graphics tool. I have used CorelDraw to make complex multi-layered maps for my social science research project. The "Trace Bitmap" feature uses Corel's PowerTrace to convert bitmap images to vector graphic images. I used this to convert hand-drawn images into vectorized graphics for my maps, website, brochures and posters. I particularly like the ability of CorelDraw to open bitmap images in Corel Photopaint, complete the edits and want to make, and have them automatically imported into CorelDraw. As I am very much against Adobe's "Creative Cloud" monthly rental system, I far prefer CorelDraw which I can purchase outright and use for years without worrying that I will lose access to the files that I have created.
ConsThis may not be a drawback, but owing to the huge number of features offered in CorelDraw, learning how to use these features will require a lot of time. CorelDraw is quite expensive to purchase outright. This makes it difficult for an independent user to justify such a large expenditure unless the software is used frequently. For most students, grad students or researchers who lack a big software budget, open-source applications may do the job just as well. But if you need a pro-grade tool that can handle any task, then you'll do well to purchase CorelDraw.
August 29, 2018
karima z.
designeur
March 30, 2019

“The best Graphic program”

OverallI work day by day with graphic design, logos and website composition and I have costumers consistently simply requesting a design or something and I utilize this software to make an item concurring their necessities
Prosthe software is straightforward and instinctive; I can work with vector apparatus, import and alter pictures in like manner to my structure attributes. I can embed text styles and alter them just as clasp craftsmanship to supplement my plan. What I like most is every one of the highlights are on one suite, they're not isolated on a few applications.
ConsI like the software simply as is it, it have a few insights concerning how overwhelming can get the records to process for the PC once I've been taking a shot at, this detail can finish on an accident disappointment at times when the PC doesn't have the capacities for the measure of the document made.
March 30, 2019
Laurel R.
Self Employed/Contractor
July 19, 2017

“Very useful ”

OverallIt has allowed me to pursue projects I would not have been able to do.
ProsIt is very powerful. I have used it to trace and modify .jpg files for my hobby. I am able to take an image, trace over what I want and leave what I don't. The grid makes it really nice for making straight lines and being able to zoom in at such a close level is very helpful. It really makes a clean graphic. It also has a nice break apart feature which allows for adjustments of circles and lines. The help menu is good but detailed. There are a lot of features using terms I am unfamiliar with so I use it a lot. By following the help instructions carefully, you will get there, stray and you will be lost. It has a really nice rotate feature when you can set the center point. This had come in very handy in almost all of my projects.
ConsThere is a lot of features and that is not an understatement. As the result, it does take some time to learn about all of them. If I don't use it for a while, my learning curve goes up quite a bit but it also goes down just as fast. The one feature I do have trouble with is a perfect circle but the convert to curves and the grid function do solve that. One thing I find a little odd is if you break apart a line into two or more segments they are still considered part of each other. In other words, once it is broken apart, if you select one of the new segments, it will select all of them. I ended up deleting the others and making new separate one. It isn't a big deal, just a little weird when you first encounter it.
July 19, 2017
Robert T.
Innovation Center Facilitator
Education Management, 201-500 employees
October 15, 2019

“Digital Fabrication Makerspace Go To Design Software”

OverallI teach high school kids how to use digital fabrication tools and need a software that they can learn quickly and has the ability to generate files for use on multiple pieces of equipment. CorelDRAW does just that and is easy to get them hooked on what is possible... Especially the Art students!
ProsThis software is intuitive and easy to learn and get started with for someone who comes from a non-digital design software background.
ConsThe fact that it takes me so long to get acclimated to all of it's awesome features and functions which are plentiful.
October 15, 2019
Zullay E.
graphic designer
September 8, 2019

“best software ever”

OverallOf the applications to design is the one I prefer for graphic editing and vector illustration.
ProsIt is a faster, more fluid and accurate vector graphic design software. I can create designs and illustrations very easily. of the applications to design is the one I prefer for graphic editing and vector illustration.
ConsIt is frustrating that from one version to a higher one each file needs to be updated as new ones cannot be opened with the previous number. I guess it is what keeps them in the market that one needs to buy the new version
September 8, 2019
Marius U.
March 26, 2019

“User-friendly interface and the best choice for vector design”

OverallI've been using CorelDraw for +10 years now and it's my first choice when it comes to graphic design productivity, I can easily manipulate it to create logos, app icons, business cards for my clients in the shortest amount of time.
ProsI like the ease with which I can navigate when I'm designing vectors with commands such as zoom in, zoom out and pan, everything with a click and a scroll of my mouse. Another cool feature of this sofware is the layout, everything is well organised, so I manage to finish my work in no time.
ConsThe software is not compatible with Adobe Illustrator when it comes to export the .cdr format files to .ai format files. I have to manually adjust de file format size, the colors hex codes and it's time consuming. Other thing that I don't like, is that I can't open the newer corel files with the older version.
March 26, 2019
Brooke D.
Graphic Designer
Internet, 10,001+ employees
September 2, 2018

“Great ”

OverallCorelDRAW is actually valuable in developing styles for customers. It is a one-stop option for all type of graphic style requirements, that makes it an extremely effective and needs to have software application if you remain in the developing market.
ProsWhatever is really instinctive, and as soon as you understand the various tools, it enables you to have a really quick workflow. Specifically really effective to deal with vectors, where other programs are slower and more complicated.
ConsAmong the couple of problems I can state about this program remains in recommendation to the gradients, since when it is printed it does not work effectively, as if it had low levels. The filters for photos, since they do not deal with pictures with lots of information, they do not look extremely natural or lose the majority of the information when used.
September 2, 2018
Javier M.
Designer Graphic
September 6, 2019

“It's a very fast tool to vectorizing and prepare files to print”

OverallWith Corel I can work with preprint files and be sure the finally art will be fine.
ProsIt's really easy create and work with vectors with this software. A lot of offset printers work with this software, know how they work has helped me in my designs.
ConsMaybe isn't de best software for work with photography composition or photography filters. The degradee in big formats is bad. Work with layers is more difficult than Illustrator. And finally, doesn't have the stability of the competition.
September 6, 2019
Tyler B.
Communications Officer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
December 5, 2018

“My preferred choice for design”

OverallGreat experience designing everything from documents, to posters, logos, and more
ProsI know that everyone else in the world uses the Adobe suite of programs from graphic design, but I've been using CorelDraw for years and find it infinitely preferable. The layout of the program and the way various tools work I find to be much more straight forward and intuitive. What I can do in InDesign or Illustrator I can usually do in half the time, in Corel Draw.
ConsThe con with the software is it is not ubiquitous in the industry. If you're working with an organization or a design firm the standard is always Adobe. So unless you're just doing freelance work, and your clients don't have a program preference, you'll probably have to become proficient in additional software.
December 5, 2018
Tajammal H.
Web Admin
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
September 20, 2018

“Best Grahics Designing Software with Easy to Use Tools”

OverallI worked for many years on CorelDRAW to design newspapers and ad pages.
ProsCorelDRAW is mostly used software in world of graphics designing in computer and printing press industry. It is the largest world using software that support approximately all languages including unicode languages. It has a lot of tool sets built in the software to design beautiful graphics. It is also using in the newspapers, magazines and books publishing markets. In Pakistan everyone who want become a designer it should have great skills on CorelDRAW. Now these days there are many free and open source softwares available for designing but CorelDRAW is beating all of them.
ConsIts more costly according to third world countries, where the users prefer to spend less money on softwares.
September 20, 2018
Krishan K.
Programmer and designer
June 29, 2018

“I love to use Coreldraw. It is very useful software to create graphic design.”

ProsCorel draw is very easy to use, a newbie can also use Coreldraw easily, this is it's main positive point. I am using Corel draw since last 6 six years . It's a fantastic software to create graphics , visiting cards, pamphlets and leaflets. Shape tool is my favourite tool in Corel draw. There are many other tools which saves my lots of time. Transformation, clipping, convert to curves etc etc. There are endless things to share about Corel draw beauty. In short it is best software to new beginner in the field of graphic designing.
ConsCorel draw is not suitable for imaging, this is the only thing which o don't like about Corel draw. Whenever I need to wait images I have to switch to Photoshop. This is what Corel draw is not suitable.
June 29, 2018
Brian R.
Environmental Scientist
Environmental Services, 11-50 employees
May 7, 2018

“CorelDRAW is excellent drafting software for novice users”

OverallSuper user-friendly drafting software!
ProsWhere CorelDRAW excels is in its ease of use. This is no frills drafting software that has a number of embedded features for use across many platforms. Pros include: -easy to use interface -save-able templates -great help desk -ability to import aerial photography -layering
ConsThe one area that CorelDRAW could use some help is in it's ability to create maps with real world measurements. For example: if I set the scale to 1" = 20', it would be nice if I could prompt a command to draw a line that is exactly 20' long. Instead, you have to manually draw the line and then measure to get it the correct length. Also, the layers feature in the Object Manager can be a bit troublesome but once you understand how it works it is okay.
May 7, 2018
Oscar G.
December 6, 2016

“Best vectors software”

OverallYes, in the market you can't find a lot of Design Software for vectors but CorelDraw is an excellent option with a nice price, a lot of features and a complete suite that actually run well on old PCs. Corel Draw offers you a lot of simple shortcuts that allow you work fast (like C, P, L, E) and the node editing options give you the chance to make perfect curves (something really complicated in Illustrator). If you actually work in Illustrator you must give a chance to this software, especially when you are doing branding or flat design, or vector design. I strongly recommend Corel draw only for vector design because (i have to admit this) adobe is a lot better in image, video and photography edition.
ProsThe ability of nodes editing, the simple user interface, the user experience, all the tutorials and online community make this software something amazing.
Consyou don't have tools like pathfinder, but you will find a way...
December 6, 2016
munavir m.
graphic design
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees
September 20, 2019

“Thanks Corel”

Overallamazing experience with Corel draw. I have no words to say about it. because it is perfect.
Prossuper creative software. smooth and powerful. easy to use. will update our creativity.
Conscreativity and smoothness. I have no words
September 20, 2019
Juan G.
jefe de diseño gráfico y fotografía
July 7, 2019

“Powerful tool for vector images”

OverallAs a graphic designer, I use it daily. To make from a logo to more complex graphic pieces.
ProsVery, very easy to use. The tools are intuitive. Easy handling of color and fonts. Perfect for pre - press. Allow to save in different types of files. Among its strengths, are the alignment and adjustment of objects. Sincerely, it is a versatile, useful and powerful tool.
ConsToo many effects. One of the main disadvantages of CorelDraw is that it is full of effects and presets that for many designers are a nuisance rather than a good resource. That is why the uninitiated can see in these characteristics a great advantage because without hardly knowing about design they see how they can change a design with very little effort.
July 7, 2019
Asdrúbal Javier A.
CREATIVE AGENCY
April 26, 2019

“ Corel is the king of vector programs !!!!!”

Overall Corel has helped a lot in my work, especially because it has made the flow of the designs easier, it is like cooking and having served the dish, I make my designs I take them to the printing press and if something is missing it is modifiable, that is the most incredible, besides that my designs to be vector do not have that pixelated problem.
Pros Corel is a very friendly program that I started using for design, one of its great advantages is in its main utility in vector design, this unlike other programs allows you to work with vectors that you can use in designs applied to the print, engravings or embroidery, which makes it much better than pixel-based programs. I like it also because it is in Spanish and any operating system reads it, I am impressed to be working in Linux with Corel it is very important that it can work for different operating systems this gives a great plus, you can perform incredible and professional actions as design; of logos, cards and is a program that uses much the printers so it makes the post easy
Cons Actually I am very happy with this program however I can point out things that are given by my experience, sometimes it can limit you, being a strictly design tool it may not work with photographs or graphics of images, also another of the things that I see is deficient the fact that it tends to be labeled when a design is very complex, so I think a twist is necessary.
Stephani Edith G.
Asistente I Ras
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
September 12, 2018

“A world of possibilities Corel Draw”

Overall My experience with Corel Draw has been pleasant, it has allowed me to create beautiful greeting cards for my family, as well as advertising designs, ID cards for a company, and logos for YouTube. It is a simple tool, and allows you to experiment with all types of design
Pros Corel Draw is a design tool that allows you to create a lot of content with a fast learning curve. Among the positive aspects of this application is the following: 1) It allows to create diversity of designs such as logos, cards, wallpapers, posters, among others. 2) It is easy to learn and intuitive. 3) It has diversity of effects for your designs, different types of letters, vectors, brushes, has shadow tools, 3D effects, among others 4) It can be used to create from simple designs to complex designs. 5) It can be used by professionals from many areas such as: industrial engineers, architects, civil engineers, graphic designers, fashion designers, among others. 6) Recognize and edit files of multiple formats such as jpg, pdf, png, among others. There are many advantages of this tool, for which I recommend it 100%
Cons I do not find negative characteristics of Corel Draw, when acquiring this product it is acquiring quality, and multiple editing tools to create an endless number of designs
September 12, 2018
Ayobami O.
Writer & Blogger
Online Media, Self-employed
April 12, 2019

“Corel draw is just simply good”

ProsAside from the robust set up and tools, Corel draw comes with in-line learning that helps you grab things easily. Another thing I love about the software is that despite its many great features, it does not take much space in the memory. If you give it time to look around, you will find out tha corel draw has eveything to make your graphic works beautiful. I have always been a fan of simple colour for my designs and you will great collection of colours there. RGB and CYMK are the ones I used most.
ConsThe software has a lot of tools so it may take a long time to master all. Despite my years of experience, there are still tools that I dont bother to use.
April 12, 2019
jayathi r.
Engineer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
September 14, 2018

“'CorelDraw' will helps you to convert your ideas into designs.”

OverallHighly recommended for anyone..!
ProsActually i'm using it to draw prototypes.Because it can be used for UI designing as well. It's top prototyping tool for UI designers. CorelDraw full-suite comes with graphic design, page layout, photo editing and vector editing tools. Another plus point is the subscription plan is low compared to other products. We can simply run CorelDraw in low-budget devices. Because couple of years ago,i have used duel-core computer with only 1GB RAM. Also they provide good customer help and support to us. Really appreciate their service.
ConsIt's better if they can develop Mac version of 'CorelDraw'. Overall it's actually very good designing tool.
September 14, 2018
Dewey B.
Video Editor
Media Production, 201-500 employees
August 29, 2019

“Affordable Alternative to Adobe Illustrator ”

OverallWe found CorelDRAW to be easier to work with when utilizing it for small scale projects. We definitely recommend it for people just starting out with vector art.
ProsThe price alone makes CorelDRAW an awesome alternative to Adobe Illustrator, but it is also much easier to accomplish great results due to the tools being easier to use and great automatic digitization. While Illustrator can be daunting for a new user, CorelDraw's interface and helpful tools let beginners jump right in and create good looking vectors.
ConsSince Adobe Illustrator is the industry standard, file compatibility becomes an issue when trying to collaborate with other artists. I've also noticed that CorelDraw tends to slow down when working with large file sizes, making it cumbersome to edit projects that feature tons of layers. Ultimately, compatibility is what makes us choose Illustrator over this otherwise great software.
August 29, 2019
Adetayo Kolawole D.
May 16, 2019

“My Best Designing Tool ”

OverallYou can install CorelDraw on Windows OS and Mac OS. You also have the ability to use the online web version which is efficient and more durable. Purchase CorelDraw today and start drawing the future.
ProsCorelDraw is not just software. It's the best designing tools every designer must have at hand. CorelDraw is the perfect software you need to purchase if you're just starting or a beginner in graphic designer. It is easy to understand and comes with lots of extra plugins you might need.
ConsThey provide tutorials for beginners online and you can also partake in their yearly competition. Design with CorelDraw and increase your skills. You can convert to CMYK or RGB. It is easy and simple.
May 16, 2019
Larry I.
President/Owner
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
October 4, 2018

“Corel Outshines Adobe”

OverallHands down Corel products are an excellent deal for the investment. DRAW does everything I need without the exorbitant cost and monthly fees of some high-end products. Nothing I can't do that the big guys can do and for a lot less money.
ProsCorelDRAW is loaded with great features and is so SO easy to use. Out of the box you can get right to work without a lot of designer knowledge. The tips are always there to get you on track fast. There is a lot of YouTube support as well. Love Corel
ConsThere is a certain disadvantage of not being able to work in the cloud. I'm old school so I'm okay with local programs. Need a multiple license tough to put it on my desktop and laptop for travel.
October 4, 2018
April 12, 2018

“Great drawing software”

OverallI strongly recommend corel draw for engineers, is not a tool that should be used just by designers, since it can improve graphs and presentations created just with office, and add a more professional touch that always surprises clients.
ProsCorel draw is an excellent drawing software, it has so many great functionalities, Creating posters for example is just really easy (after you learn every command), and the fact that you can customize the graphs comming from excel make corel a great tool for engineering.
ConsFor you to work smoothly on corel you need to learn so many commands, so getting the hang of it can take a while. Also it requires lots of power for it to run without any issues.
April 12, 2018
Kelly R.
Retail, Self-employed
February 6, 2018

“It's a Really Nice Program”

OverallIt is really great for creating Vector software but it doesn't match up to Adobe Illustrator
ProsIt is no exaggeration to say that if you are or become a constant corel graphics user you can all but forget Photoshop for most uses, with no loss as to professional results. A Vector and a Bitmap application are its main components but you also get a Font Manager, tons of clip-arts and assorted useful components such as to import and export all formats and it runs any plug-in you would use in PhotoShop, plus customised color pallets and native support for cmyk for most any kind of publishing you may want to create in it, as well as x-1A PDF export, editable presets or custom PDF settings as well. Vector editing and bitmap-to-vector in CorelDraw and masking, cloning, fyll photo retouching capabilities and transparencies in CorelPhotoPaint are just some examples of the fast and exciting tools you get in one suite you can own without subscriptions. You can also save to any previous version of CorelDraw so that files remain compatible with older versions if needed. Needless to say that it imports .PSD files too.
ConsDisappointed to say but its a reality that it slows down after using it for some period expecting to get updates in newer version but still facing same issue from X3 till X8.
February 6, 2018
Jessica M.
Marketing & Communications Manager
Automotive, 51-200 employees
September 4, 2018

“Great for vectors”

OverallI started learning graphic design on Corel way back when... and then I switched to Adobe and learned the ins and outs of that. Then eventually got a job that was already using Corel so I went back to it. They are very similar... I like them both in terms of Draw vs Illustrator... but Photo Paint vs Photoshop, well, Photoshop will beat them there. With that said, I can still make Photo Paint do what I want so it works.
ProsPower Clip and Pen Tool are my ultimate favorites of this software.
ConsThe brush tool makes me struggle at times. Photo Paint isn't as strong as Photoshop. Sometimes the program glitches in the most bizarre ways but it's definitely become more reliable in newer versions of the software.
September 4, 2018
Bukola S.
Data scientist
51-200 employees
July 1, 2018

“Everyones favorite drawing tool.”

ProsVery intuitive user interface and the first drawing design tool I learned to use. Provides me every feature I need to create impressive ,quality drawings. It has particularly been useful when I need to create logos or any other vector based drawings. I leverage on Corels SHAPE TOOL to correct any errors and shortcomings in my drawings using nodes. I also like Corels text tool for their typographic quality , allowing me play around with texts..
ConsHas a long learning curve ,it takes continuous practice and updating of ones repertoire to become an advanced user of this tool.
July 1, 2018
Julieta R.
Lider de Diseño Gráfico
June 30, 2018

“Corel Draw was my start in the design world, and I highly recommend it.”

OverallCorel Draw was part of my design beginnings, it is a very functional software and with the constant use it is easy to use, in a few words, it is the design high school and I highly recommend it
ProsOne of the most interesting factors that Corel Draw has is its quick editing. You can make complex designs with a couple of clicks, saving a lot of work time. It is quite light and popular, therefore, you can use it in computers with standart requirements, transforming this software into massive. Your files are compatible with other design software, therefore, you can export data from Corel Draw to software such as Adobe Illustrator.
ConsSome of its opaque, static and mechanized tools limit the flexibility of the design, as well as the creative capacity. Another feature that I find negative is that, when you have many objects in transparency, the software starts to demand more resources from the video card and Ram memory, slowing down the software and making it impossible to design.
June 30, 2018
Construction, 11-50 employees
December 14, 2018

“Like your first love, you never forget your first photo/graphics program...”

OverallIn 1997, when I was using a x486 PC, I did SO much with this program! I did dozens of flyers for my business, for more than 5 years. I designed and sent to press a video tape sleeve for a show we produced. I made all the chyrons for the TV show! We made PoP signs for the retail shop, we made files for banners and sent them to a sign maker.!
ProsOh my, I have been using this program since 1997! Wow, I'm old! But the program has aged far better than I have, certainly. What's really remarkable is that despite all the years, the GUI is still intuitive and well laid out. It's also easier to 'ramp up from zero' (at least I think so, I'm sure I'm biased somehow having used it for so long) and get busy on real work.
ConsWell, when I was a 'power user', back from '97 to about 2004, it was a bit clunky on the input/output front. Not an issue anywhere these days. I don't use photo/graphics software as much as I used to, but CorelDraw was still something I could sit down at, watvh a few tutorials, and get right to work with.
December 14, 2018
Yulia P.
freelancer
April 4, 2018

“The graphic design on easy steps”

OverallI work daily with graphic design, logos and web design and I have costumers every day just asking for a design or something and I use this software to make a product according their needs
ProsThe software is very simple and intuitive; I can work with vector tool, import and edit images accordingly to my design characteristics. I can insert fonts and edit them as well as clip art to complement my design. What I like most is all the features are on one suite, they're not separated on several apps.
ConsI like the software just like it is, it have some details about how heavy can get the files to process for the computer once I've been working on, this detail can end on a crash failure sometimes when the computer doesn't have the capabilities for the size of the file created.
April 4, 2018
Kenneth S.
Author
November 10, 2017

“A solid product with good cover of use.”

OverallI use this product for designing documents, covers and headers almost daily. I enjoy using it and steadily learn to use more features and to use it better.
ProsI like the variability of the product with its range of features and the reliability. I have used this on Windows 7 Home and Pro 64 bit as well as Windows 10 Home and Pro 64 bit with no issues or stability or compatibility.
ConsThe thing I found I liked least was the steep learning curve to using the product for me as a complete newbie on first use. I found I needed to use the tutorials, yet the tutorials were too basic and didn't cover what I wanted to do with Corel.
November 10, 2017
Ejikam G.
Graphic designer
September 22, 2019

“Neat”

OverallCorel draw has been a wonderful application to make graphic design easy and neat after exporting,the display is so clean that you wonder how you started.
ProsThe ability to do a lot on just one page, with directions when you click on any tools you hope to use.perfect for logo,poster and flyer designs, its display is good enough to preview high resolution images.A must use for all designers
ConsYou need to understand corel draw to be able to use it,if you save a work on corel 11 ,you need to curve it to be able to use it well ok another version of corel draw so it does not distort when imported
September 22, 2019
Douglas C.
Internet, Self-employed
September 19, 2019

“Very Powerful Graphic Design Program!”

OverallThis program provides you the tools to design, create and bring to life virtually anything your mind can conceive and see. There really is no limit to what you can accomplish from a creativity perspective. The learning curve to fully comprehend the capabilities of this program is pretty steep, but if you don't know how to do something, like with many computer programs, just ask it how to what you wish to accomplish. The help feature of the program will walk you through what to do. You really are limited only by your own vision. If you can conceive it, this program will help you design and create it.
ProsI like best the many features and functions of the program that provide virtually a limitless ability to design and create whatever your mind's eye can see.
ConsIt's not really a drawback, but the learning curve to get the highest and best use out of this program is pretty steep. If it wasn't though, you'd be limited in what you can do.
September 19, 2019
Amanda W.
Owner/Designer
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
May 4, 2019

“Have been using for years and will continue to do so”

OverallI have been using CorelDraw for years. I use it along with a machine of mine to create items, and although I am no expert CorelDraw allows me to make the most amazing things. I'm still pretty much a beginner, maybe almost an armature, but while using this software I have been creating since day 1 because of how easy it was to learn! I have tried two other software before this, and they both were way too complicated for me to understand.
ProsEasy to use, simple to learn and affordable. Great for beginners and experts.
ConsThe latest update wasn't the greatest, but after watching a few YouTube videos I was able to use the software quickly within a few days.
May 4, 2019