Docsvault Ratings

Overall

About Docsvault

A complete Document Management Software that allows you to Capture, Centralize, Manage, and Secure all your paper documents, electronic files and emails. Learn more about Docsvault

David F.
VP
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
December 8, 2017

“Medical billing company with over 7 years experience using the product”

OverallCost savings, time savings, decreased frustration, increased efficiency. The product handles everything I need it to do and there are still functions that I can grow in to. I can't even say the price is a con since it is very competitive with all the other products at which I looked. I think it was even less expensive. We're a small-medium size company. This was definitely an expense. At one point I just had to drop the filing cabinets and bankers boxes, the whole paper chase, and go electronic. When you look at costs of supplies, storage space recovered and sprinkle in the time spent looking for paper documents an electronic solution makes sense. I would say the only additional cost to consider is that of a scanner. Either get a desktop one for each user or get a decent one for the office. Don't go paperless without a GOOD scanner, and don't depend on a multi-function copier. They can't handle documents of different sizes well.
ProsDocsVault (DV) is the perfect package. I am the type to research all available options. I settled on DV 7 years ago and it was definitely a good decision. The product is both simply intuitive while at the same time very customizable. Whether it is from specific user defined fields to the whole process that a document needs to take from start to finish DV can handle it. I started with the Small Business edition and that suited our needs for a few years. I moved up to the Enterprise edition about 2 years ago because I needed custom reporting. The upgrade was easy. I have also moved the whole install between computers with no issue. Install in general is simple. Install the SERVER portion on any computer, it does not need to be an actual Windows Server; then install the CLIENT program on the other computers that will access DV. PLEASE NOTE: I'm not a paid spokesperson, just a satisfied customer. It's not only the functionality of the product, it is also the support that I have received over the years. There is a genuine "want" to assist with the product. They are good people and this is a great product. If you're looking for a document management program DocsVault is a great choice.
December 8, 2017
Sandy M.
Physician
November 20, 2017

“Docsvault Small Business is easy to use, solidly reliable and extremely versatile.”

ProsI have been using DocsVault in two or three different versions as the product has evolved for many many years. From the beginning, I have been using DocsVault for the management of documents related to my medical practice and the personal, financial, legal affairs of my family. It is proven invaluable as a multipurpose tool to manage important documents. It is easy to use, reliable, and secure. It will handle documents in any format, and easily allows the user to import and export documents from DocsVault, manage email documents, and send emails with attachments with these directly from the application. Additionally, on I think the two occasions in the last probably 10 years that I have been using this program that I have required technical support, an agent has signed on remotely and fix my problem quickly and efficiently. I am most impressed with DocsVault tech-support.
ConsThe newest version of the scan module is a little more difficult to use that the previous one. It would also be useful to create zipped files from with in the program.
November 20, 2017
Frank P.
Insurance, 1-10 employees
February 6, 2018

“I have been a D/V user for about 4 years. It is a very stable and reliable platform for our business”

OverallIt is easy to use and reliable.
ProsI like the ease of use, unlike some applications the learning curve is easy and when changes are made to the system, they are not disruptive in nature. Even the best software is only as good as the support team. Docsvault's team has never let me down. One of the customer rep is extremely patient and doggedly works to fix a problem all the while takes the time to explain things, even though I am not a teckkie. I enjoy working with everyone there. When they have annual software renewal subscriptions, they do not gouge you with huge price adjustment increases. Their software is fairly price and does the job for which it was intended. Very satisfied with this choice and do not see me changing from them anytime in the future.
ConsWhen making a selection to say e-mail/print for instance sometimes the selection will change to another client and if you are not careful, you select the wrong option. I think it is a stray finger on my part, not sure exactly.
Steven C.
Managing Director
December 1, 2017

“Docsvault has made the transition and then use of a paperless office as easy as possible.”

ProsI have used Docsvault for over 7 years. The software utilises the familiar file structure format for document storage and then overlays this richly with many features for categorising and searching documents easily. The benefits of a paperless office are innumerable. My experience in dealing with the Docsvault support team is extremely positive. Queries and problems are attended to very quickly with either an email response, or if it is beyond my capabilities, a remote session.
ConsI find it hard to think of anything, but if pushed, I'd say that the documents are stored with names only recognised via the software. It would be helpful at rare times if the file names were retained to identify the files intuitively from Windows File Explorer
December 1, 2017
David K.
Systems Analyst
Chemicals, 51-200 employees
February 6, 2018

“Excellent DMS with a huge amount of features. Great customer service.”

OverallVastly improved our document management and storage capabilities. Workflows have automated many of our processes.
ProsWe have been able to manage and automate so many of our processes using DocsVault. There are so many tools and features that we discover new things every week that streamline or eliminate parts of our current paper-based processes. Very powerful software that gives our end-users instant access to the files they need and perform the work they need to do on them.
ConsWith all the features comes complexity. It can have a bit of a learning curve both for the admin and the end user. The interface can feel a little cluttered at times because there is so much information available. But with each new version I'm seen improvements and a real attempt to streamline the experience and increase usability.
Michael D.
IT Admin
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
February 13, 2018

“DocsVault is the answer to all of your document management needs, saved our office! Very Easy!! A+++”

OverallDocument Management and control while be simplistic and compliant. So far there is nothing I or our company dislikes about DocsVault. The software has changed our whole aspect towards document management.
ProsContinually updated with new features, the administration of the database is simple but feature rich, very reliable software(client and server), support is tremendous(tickets answered within a few hours)
February 13, 2018
Eric P.
System Administrator
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees
April 17, 2018

“The tech support team is excellent, resolve all my issue same day.”

ProsEasy to use, Complete Document Management Software. Scan, Search OCR and PDF edit, All-in-one package.
ConsDocsvualt meet PCI and HIPAA Compliance, all documents will log for access to edit, delete and export, also user and group level access control.
April 17, 2018
Jace N.
Independent Consultant
Accounting, 51-200 employees
August 1, 2016

“Great Features, Even Better Pricing”

OverallFrom the time we downloaded the trial version of the software and received the first communication, to the time of a free demonstration, hassle free installation and excellent support, it has been a wonderful experience of making our office go paperless at a surprisingly low and
ProsThe multitude of features at a seemingly unbeatable price.
Recommendations to other buyersThey offer a free trial too so you can get a feel before you spend and acquire it.
August 1, 2016
Peter O.
Controller
Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees
March 15, 2018

“DocsVault is a great program!!”

ProsCustomization to fit our company needs. Very responsive customer service. Program runs smoothly with little to no errors. Overall, very satisfied with the program.
ConsNeeds more compatibility with Apple computers. However the web version can be accessed on an Apple computer.
March 15, 2018
Kristopher C.
n/a
January 19, 2018

“The software is well designed and implemented and very easy to use.”

OverallThere are many features to choose from. Automatic backup is probably one of the most useful as it includes both a full and incremental backups as well as auto-export (which includes the entire folder hierarchy) and it can be scheduled. The web access is also a big plus so you can access your files at any time. Then the most important aspect is the customer service. They are second to none. They always reply to your inquires and go out of the way to satisfy.
ProsThe user interface is very familiar as it is similar to Windows Explorer. It is easy to use and find features you want to use.
ConsThere are some little nitpicky things that I don't care for - like dialogs not remembering their previous size and/or location (especially on multi-monitor systems). The lack of customizations like applying custom shortcuts.
January 19, 2018
sean c.
president
Construction, 1-10 employees
December 29, 2016

“Disappointed”

OverallIt's a pretty big decision as to which program to go with and I'm afraid I made the wrong one with these guys. They say all the right things going into it but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. At least once a day, the program freezes up on you and you must shut it down and reopen it. Very annoying because it never happens at a good time. If you put a document in a file, there is no way of knowing there is a document in the file unless you open it up. We have thousands of files with tens of thousands of sub files. Instead of opening up a file and knowing exactly where to look, you have to look everywhere because you don't know where it is until you find it. a lot of quirks. not ready for the big leagues.
Prospaperless
Consno automatic indication that there is a document in any file or sub-file.
Recommendations to other buyersWhatever you ask their support, they can't do it.
December 29, 2016
Steve T.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
August 23, 2016

“Great Document Management Software!”

OverallAmazing experience working with this software. Have been using this software from more than a year.
August 23, 2016