FileCenter Ratings

Overall

About FileCenter

FileCenter is the low-cost leader in Windows PC-based document management software for small offices. It combines easy scanning and file organization with powerful PDF creation and editing. It stores your files on the Windows file system and NOT in complex databases. It also includes OCR, search, and integration with cloud services. Feature-for-feature, it delivers at a price the competition can't touch. Come join our family of over 50,000 users. Start your free trial today! Call 801-722-7098. Learn more about FileCenter

Kevin P.

“Founder and Owner”

OverallI usually don't write these reviews, but after finding FileCenter I feel I need to help spread the word about this great software product. If you run a small office, you should at least give FileCenter a try. It will make dealing with the daily flows of computer and paper files much easier, and your office staff will love you for it. FileCenter has a lot to offer in the paperless context. We primarily use it to manage our computer files, but it also has very robust scanning, PDF editing, and search features. In the manage context, all you do is "map" a folder location already on your network or local drive to a FileCenter "Cabinet", and it very cleverly displays your files in a Cabinet/Drawer/Folder paradigm just like a paper filing cabinet. This makes it much more intuitive than the traditional Windows Explorer, but all your data is still on the file system. So even if you removed FileCenter from your computer, your data is still there and accessible like it was before. As such, I strongly recommend a file system based approach to document management for this very reason. I've made the mistake of going with a database drive system with my last software and had a hard time getting my data out of the system when I switched software. While the likelihood of my switching from FileCenter is rare, there are so many more benefits to a file system based approach when it comes to document management, especially for small offices like me. Also, the customer support for FileCenter was very positive. They actually get back to you in a timely manner and have a good grasp of how to run an effective paperless office. They were able to give me a lot of good tips and best practices in working with FileCenter. Lastly, you really need to check out FileCenter's video library. It has a number of how-to videos on most of the primary features of the program that makes getting up to speed with FileCenter easy. I have found this to be an invaluable resource. Like I said before, I usually don't feel compelled to write these reviews but given the increased productivity FileCenter has given my office, I felt it was the least I could do to repay my gratitude to the makers of FileCenter. It's definitely worth your taking a closer look if you want a solid document management program.
Marianne P.
Accounting, 1-10 employees
November 14, 2018

“Filecenter”

OverallI find that I need to password protect FileCenter and the pdf's that I am emailing. We are constantly reminded from IRS that we must protect our computers and our software. I am so happy that FileCenter has these features.
ProsThis software has a very quick learning curve. I had to teach it to an employee, and it takes no time at all. It's easy to set up cabinets, folders and files and access them. I like the feature that allows you to send an email with password protection. Very easy to do. I scan all our documents for our accounting firm which includes tax returns and financial statements for our bookkeeping and retainer clients.
ConsThere is nothing I don't like about this software.
November 14, 2018
Jim L.
Credit Repair Consultant
Financial Services, 1-10 employees

“Great software”

OverallI have been extremely happy with my purchase of FileCenter Document Management. I use the software for my credit repair business. It makes my life so much easier when going to look for my files or even to store them by scanning or printing. I have contacted their support department a couple of times and they had a great response time and were able to answer my questions.
ProsThe software is so easy to set up and start using. I love the fact that I can set up templates for my folder structures as well as my file names so that we can all be consistent in our office when naming files. The OCR module is included in the package of software, as well as the ability to edit files. These two features alone is worth the investment.
ConsNone that I have experience yet
Recommendations to other buyersThe staff at Lucion is great to work with. They have a great support team, and a great consulting team that really helped us move forward quickly with setting up the software so it would work best with our company model.

By Lucion Technologies on October 31, 2016
We are glad to have been able to help you out Jim. Thanks for being a customer and giving us the opportunity to serve you.
PETER S.
FINANCIAL PLANNER
Financial Services, 10,001+ employees
April 12, 2018

“Helped me manage and organize files, saves me space and paper, it's a delight!”

OverallSave time browsing files without having to open them, save space by storing files on my computer, save money by buying less paper, not to mention the environment.
ProsMy 2 favorite features, among so many, are the file preview, where you can browse any file without opening and the print to pdf, feature, where you can take any web page, word document or email and turn it into an accurate pdf file.
ConsThere are so many functionalities with this, that it is hard to say anything negative about it, I absolutely love it! You may think it's a little expensive, however, when you see the amount of time, space and paper that you save, it's more than worth it. You have to ask yourself, how much does a new filing cabinet cost for the added files that you have accumulated.
April 12, 2018
Kent A.
January 25, 2016

“Simple Cost Effective Replacement to My Old System”

OverallI had been using another product previous to FileCenter, but the cost became to great to stay with them. After taking some time to search for a suitable replacement, I found FileCenter. Initially, I started by using the FileCenter Standard product at home to become familiar with it. I had wanted a home version of my previous software, but they were $40 a month/user and FileCenter was $50 one time for their standard version and $200 per user, one time for my business. After using the software for a couple weeks I was convinced to use FileCenter for my business as well. The things I love about this product is the simplicity. It took me some time to learn my last software and they wanted to charge me a lot of money to implement it for me. I installed FileCenter within 5 minutes and had my data imported into the software within 10 minutes. FileCenter has thought of everything and have great videos available online for me to view at any time. There was one time that I needed some help getting my Plustek scanner working with their software and I received a quick response from them with detailed instructions on how to get my scanner working. The review given on this site by Capterra doesn't give you all the features that are available on the software as it seems like they only reviewed the standard version. You can print to PDF directly into the software, as well as Version Control. I can also assemble documents in my software, but I am not sure how Capterra defines this feature. I also love the fact that I can have a file cabinet set up to integrate with my Dropbox and OneDrive accounts. This is great because then I can have the same cabinet set up on my home computer or vice versa.

By Lucion Technologies on January 25, 2016
This is for the Professional edition of our FileCenter product.
January 25, 2016
James E.
IT Technician
Farming, 201-500 employees
July 28, 2017

“Does what other could not, awesome powerful application for user at all levels. ”

OverallThis was the only software solution that could be found that did not require another sql server instance to be installed. Our many reason for purchase was to have an easier solution to archive company records. Very easy user interface. We use this primarily to manipulate scanned documents to an archive server. This makes it very easy for a user to 'know" exactly where they are on the network.
ProsEasy manipulation of large network folder structure. No need to install sql server as competitor software required. Fast user learning curve. Customization for large user group or individuals.
ConsNo ability to integrate with a network copier. (4 stars for this) Updates can break connections with third party software.
July 28, 2017
Greg R.
Retail, 11-50 employees
August 27, 2019

“A great document manager and OCR engine”

OverallSaving documents and relying less on printouts. Searching PDFs that have been imported makes things easier to find.
ProsEasy to import documents by scanning or saving into the cabinets, thumbnails make identifying documents easy, PDF editor has so many features.
ConsThe PDF editor has lots of menus and many features, while present, are hard to find.
August 27, 2019
Massimo G.
Mr
Machinery, 11-50 employees
October 9, 2018

“PDF for all”

OverallWe use FileCenter to scan ad organize all the paper of our shop: orders, bills, drawings ... everything in one stable and well engineered software. Before we use Papermaster ... FileCenter is better.
ProsEase of use Stability Full of utility to use to organize and modify PDF
ConsAt the firsth touch you may have some difficults to reach all the functions.
October 9, 2018
Bonnie K.
November 9, 2017

“I love using FileCenter. It has helped organize our business and makes scanning documents a breeze!”

ProsI love the ease of the scan feature. Being able to append and prepend documents without any fuss. Also being able to edit a scanned document is another of my favorite features.
ConsThere have been some instances where the software freezes up while trying to communicate with windows explorer.
November 9, 2017
jorge m.
regional manager
Accounting, 11-50 employees
November 13, 2018

“File Center Review”

OverallWonderful.
ProsMy office uses this software everyday. We scan and archive everything with file center. Very easy to use and has given my employees no problems at all.
ConsNone at the moment. My workers have had no issues and seem to like this product.
November 13, 2018
Albert F.
Insurance, 1-10 employees
November 21, 2016

“Fantastic Program”

OverallI used to use Paperport but switched to FileCenter. This program is superior in every way to Paperport and has more features. I use it everyday and I am very satisfied with the results. I recommend this program.
ProsEase of use.
ConsNone
Recommendations to other buyersIf you need scanning software, look no further.
November 21, 2016
Eric M.
N/A
January 10, 2018

“Great software easy to use for businesses and families”

ProsIntegration with scanners, management of PDF files (modification, merge, delete pages, insert pages, tagging, metadata...), web portal
ConsThe cost of the core system plus the cost of the web portal make this system quite expensive for personal usage (which is how I'm using it)...
January 10, 2018
dawn j.
Accounting, 1-10 employees
December 3, 2016

“Good value for your money”

OverallWe love the software, especially for the price. It is easy to use, easy to set up , but packed full of features. We have used another electronic document management software, at a much higher price, but we have even more features with the more expensive software.
ProsEase of use; price, features
ConsTraining could be better
December 3, 2016
Ray B.
Fixed Operations Manager
Automotive, 51-200 employees
June 27, 2017

“Best PDF Software ”

ProsThis software is easy to use and increases your production rate. All the right tools integrated into product.
ConsCould use a better tool for creating and filling forms. The typewriter function is a little awkward to use.
June 27, 2017
Elliot T.
Orthodontist
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
November 22, 2016

“Finally found a program that is user friendly”

OverallThe program is very versatile as well as user friendly. There are more functions than I need, but reduces to simple for me. The Support that i received from Kevin Anderson, was exceptional. He was knowledgeable, and patient with me. My problem was immediately resolved. This is a winner.
ProsLots of options. Can take them or leave them depending on my needs
ConsNothing yet
Recommendations to other buyersIt is exactly what i wanted.
November 22, 2016
Jameson D.
Fleet Director
Automotive, 201-500 employees
January 24, 2018

“Terrible Customer Service”

ProsWhen it is functioning like it is supposed to it it great. We do a lot of scanning into and emailing out of this program and when it doesn't crash it works fine.
Cons5-6 months after we bought File Center 9, File Center 10 was released. After 10 was released we started having issues with crashing and scanning. I reached out to tech support and they let me know that will not be supporting File Center 9 any more and told me I need to purchse Filecenter 10 for all the PC's that we are running to "possibly" fix the issue. This company is terrible I can't get support for a product I purchased multiple copies of less than a year ago without spending 100's of dollars with them again. The worst thing is they can't even guarantee upgrading will fix my problems. Do not buy this companies product.
January 24, 2018
Carl A.
IT Manager
Warehousing, 51-200 employees
May 28, 2019

“Met Network Challenges”

OverallThe install was smooth and the licensing easy. Unfortunately, each license is for a separate user and not the whole company. so that I could register every license under the company and let each licensed user have the program.
ProsIs made to be used in a network environment with shared drives
ConsThe license is individual for each user instead of an organizational license to be installed on XX number of machines.
May 28, 2019
Dan D.
November 16, 2016

“Excellent Program”

OverallI've been using FileCenter for many years now. It just keeps improving. The program is fast and powerful. Makes working with documents extremely efficient. For anyone that works with a large number of files, regardless of the type, this program is a must! Support is also rock solid. They care about their product and work quickly to resolve.
ProsEase of use, clean interface, conversion ability and viewer. It's fast as well.
ConsNothing really, perhaps limited customization
November 16, 2016
Nancy K.
October 31, 2016

“This software is the best bang out there, I should know.”

OverallI've been paperless for over 12 years, I have used several different companies software and this is the ideal paperless solution. Besides the ability to start using immediately, it has all the functionality I've seen with other companies plus some! I had a technical issue that ended up being in house (on our end) but the support we received was tremendous.
ProsEase of use.
ConsI didn't start with this software and wish I had them originally.
Marcia B.
November 4, 2016

“Great Customer Service Support”

OverallI sent in a request to Filecentre Support asking how to create a transparent signature. I was very impressed at the step by step instructions I received which were so well explained and easy to follow. I now have a transparent signature. I had been using a white background signature for years.
November 4, 2016
Jim B.
October 31, 2016

“Functions well for electronic document management at a very reasonable price”

OverallGreat, reasonably priced alternative to some other electronic document management software solutions.