ShootQ Ratings

Overall

About ShootQ

Cloud-based business management software with bill collection, customizable surveys, and customer service management functionality. Learn more about ShootQ

David J.
Photography, Self-employed
May 31, 2019

“Your Virtual Assistant for photographers”

OverallI have been using it since 2005 and it is the most valued helper for my solopreneur photography business
ProsI love that it reminds my clients the payments, it sends automatic emails depending on the time frame and type of job, it keeps notes from my client's emails and calls, and also it prevents me for double booking dates
Consthe mobile app is not at his best but I asked and they're working on a new version made from scratch.
May 31, 2019
51-200 employees
July 31, 2018

“A very good studio management option if you don't need too much customization”

OverallGood tool overall! But I know there are some that can do the job in a more robust and versatile way.
ProsI love the design and general online interphase of ShootQ. It is very intuitive, and I didn't have to go through too much hassle in order to learn how to use it. It didn't need a lot of setup upfront too: most of the pre-generated workflows and proposals worked just fine for my brand, and after tweaking the logo and colors it was ready to go! I also enjoyed the way the client proposal page is presented and how I can present my services as a sort of "menu" with images and buttons for clients to get add-ons within my packages.
ConsI was on the monthly plan, which was a bit higher than I had hoped for. But most of all, it lacked versatility after a point. With the studio management tool that I ended up going with, I was able to customize the packages and proposals with no limit, and even my dashboard! I could set it up to report the financial data that I needed to see, right from the start. This is not an option for ShootQ.
July 31, 2018
Scot B.
Photographer/Owner
May 15, 2018

“Totally redesigned from the ground up. Automated workflows keep my studio running smoothly.”

ProsRedesigned taking into account all the suggestions from photographers. Workflows with auto emails and questioners are fantastic. Daily tasks keeps clients from falling between the cracks.
ConsSo far, the few things that bugged me have been taken care of in the redesign. Especially the fact that I can now add a item to the calendar without assigning an event to it.
May 15, 2018
Amy P.
August 1, 2019

“DON'T USE THIS SOFTWARE! IT HAS WASTED SO MUCH OF MY TIME!”

OverallThe CEO doesn't care, I've reached out several times with how disappointed I am, and I haven't had a response. I've spent SOOOOO much time with thing just not working correctly. As I type this review, I'm still waiting for a customer support person to get back with me...time waiting so far 25 minutes. I currently can't add a lead and send them a contract....
ProsI liked the old version. I was told I had to switch the new version, and its terrible, and the customer service is TERRIBLE! takes 20 minutes to get a response. I couldn't add a lead or book a job one because the software just stops working sometimes - that is a whole other issue! The customer support couldn't even tell me what was happening or why it was doing it - never got a response from their "tech supporters"
ConsEVERYTHING. I have so many videos of the software just NOT WORKING. Times where I change the time on a timeline and it just won't save. I add notes to a shoot and they just disappear.
August 1, 2019
Ashley P.
photographer
February 15, 2018

“I have used this software for years and love it.”

ProsI love the ease of use and how it keeps myself and my clients oragnized. It keeps track of everything I need, from accounting to contracts.
February 15, 2018
Jonathan C.
Photographer
April 10, 2019

“ShootQ has been lying to their customers!”

OverallI purchased a lifetime account with ShootQ after they told me I should have my account updated in a few months to the new platform. $1500 later and it has been over 2 years and they have been lying to us. Each time we ask they say next month and nothing happens. At this point it feels like something should be done but again no one is willing to step in and help us out. We are working with a flash based non mobile friendly system that is a pain. Its hurting our business from growing. I wish the leadership would do something about it. Taking matters into my own hands now!
ProsI like that I can book contracts, collect payments and send emails.
ConsFlash based and not mobile friendly. Customer service for existing members isn't good.
April 10, 2019
Tomasz C.
Professional Photographer
April 24, 2018

“Fresh breeze in the approach to studio management software.”

ProsShootQ with new version of the service joins a trendy approach to amazing interface cleanness. This is also leads to beautiful UX. Selling points and some lifesavers for studio owner: - leads management - jobs overview - schedule - tasks
ConsAs I used beta version and now is graduated as "new version" I fully understand that some of following "cons" will be resolved (hope). For a daily user, system sometimes slows down. Still waiting to see working Reports. -
April 24, 2018
Higher Education, Unspecified
March 13, 2018

“Great for staying organized”

ProsI like that it brings all of the tools for running a business into one software, which is great because I dont have to subscribe to other products that only do one or two things.
ConsAlthough it does what I need it to do the pricing of the software could be better. I wish there was a price point between in a range.
March 13, 2018
August 1, 2018

“It's invaluable to keeping my business organized.”

ProsI love how easy it is to set everything up and customize everything from your contracts to your workflows.
ConsI don't like that there's a limit on the number of jobs you can have with the free account, but I understand why. I wish other features were limited instead of job number.
August 1, 2018
Chris H.
April 16, 2015

“Changed My Business”

Overall I've been using ShootQ since it first became available and it has changed my business. Paper billing and paper contracts used to be the bane of my business and now ShootQ has taken all of that pain away. If it manages all of my weddings - all of the communication I have with my clients, all of my billing, all of my contracts and all of my tasks. I will say that the app needs a lot of work and I know that they are working on it as I write this but other than that, I could not be more pleased.
April 16, 2015
Amit G.
Used the software for: I used a free trial
February 5, 2019

“Feature Packed”

ProsI really like the Proposal builder and the mobile app is good as I am often away/ out of the office and having all your info to hand is great.
ConsIt is a little expensive, but there are a lot of great features, all of which I am not using as I already have things like contracts etc in Shootproof.
February 5, 2019
Robin W.
Professional Photographer
Photography, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
April 25, 2019

“Seems great at first”

OverallI only did a trial and initially was planning to move forward and use it for my business, but the more time I spent getting things set up, the more bugs/issues I kept running into. I know they will work to fix things, but in the meantime, it was just too many to make me want to move forward.
ProsLots of features and functions and ways to customize. The customer support is very attentive and helpful.
ConsThe number of bugs I kept running into (automated emails that went out when they shouldn't have, items in a timeline not appearing in the right order, etc).
April 25, 2019