HiringThing Ratings

Overall
4.4/5
4.6/5

About HiringThing

HiringThing is online software that helps companies hire happier. Ideally suited for organizations for companies of any size. Posting jobs online, accepting resumes and sorting through applicants is easy to manage, saving you time and money. It takes just a few minutes to set up, and you'll be on your way to finding your next great hire. Our great online partnerships and social media integration allow you to post and advertise your job listings across the internet. Learn more about HiringThing

Cindy F.
Director of Operations/Senior Consutlanf
October 27, 2016

“Ease of learning, use and amazing customer service!”

OverallOur consulting company HR Annie Consulting began using HiringThing for one of our clients a few years ago. Ever since, even though we get exposed to other programs, Hiring Thing is our #1 recommendation. Even clients who we no longer consult, remain loyal users of this platform for recruiting, applicant tracking and retention of their candidate files. Another thing I love about Hiring Thing is that their team is always conscientious and open to their user's ideas for improving what is already great! When they make an upgrade or add on a service, I have never had significant downtime learning or acclimating to any changes. The customer service from their team is quick, responsive and proactive in helping our team find solutions to increase our applicant pool, which for hard to fill positions has been invaluable!
ProsThere are a lot of tools and they are easy to use. Whenever I've had a question about anything, their team has been really helpful.
ConsThe price and options keep changing so it's hard when we are a pass through agreement with our clients and suddenly have to charge them more...even worse, when we don't catch it and aren't passing the cost through. Maybe a different rate package for companies that are referring use for tithed clients or a referral bonus??

By HiringThing on November 29, 2016
Thank you for your review Cindy. I'll have someone from our team reach out because we do have a referral program that might be of interest. Also we apologize for any frustration that our pricing optimizations have caused you. We're constantly working to make sure that our plans and features meet the evolving needs of our customers. We think that joining the referral program will help eliminate any pricing issues you experience with your clients.
October 27, 2016
Kathleen D.
Executive HR Business Advisor
July 11, 2018

“Strong features, engaging interface, great customer service, improved results”

ProsI both recruit and use this ATS across multiple high tech clients. No other ATS had this feature. HiringThing provides easy of use for hiring managers, affordability and a solid platform of features for savvy recruiters. With more use is more enjoyment, I especially appreciate the larger resume view area. Other ATS are clunky in comparison. My first time ATS user clients/managers find it easy to use and I appreciate the extensive options. We've come to rely on the notes area which provides a snapshot of activity timeline and interview notes. The help/tutorial area is robust, engaging and effective for quick How Tos. I began using their background check provider- Crimcheck- easy to set-up, pricing is 40% lower than HireRight and easy to access internally with two clicks at the candidate profile. Our results- better social media presence & sourcing, ease of scheduling interviews and effective hiring manager and candidate communication produced better qualified candidates and faster overall hiring.
ConsThese are small and most could be solved if I ask questions or check their extensive Help Area- 1. preview outgoing messages. 2. Adding a ready to use and change employment application would help clients who have a solid payroll system but don't have or use an HRIS system. Woofoo does not seem to be sufficient.
James F.
Senior Manager Operations
July 17, 2018

“Overall a good low cost Applicant Tracking Software”

Pros* Very reasonable pricing options in comparison to comparable softwares * Customizable options to meet your business needs * Easy to setup job postings and to get them posted, also able to save profiles and recreate the posting as needed
Cons* Hard to track a candidate who has applied multiple times to different positions and the notes that are taken for the profile on one position is not readily available when candidate is screened by another recruiter for a different position; * Widget does not allow any form of sorting on your home webpage screen. The most recent position goes to the top of the list. No option to split postings between say front line positions vs. management positions; * Screening questions can be bypassed by indeed.com's "apply now" button, so screening question is not consistently adhered to; * The functions of rating a New Applicant candidate moves them immediately to a the Rated Applicant without allowing for the option to move them there or archive them; * Weak filtering of international applicants

By HiringThing on July 19, 2018
Thank you for your review. I've passed your feedback on to our development team.
Johnny C.
Founding Principal / Recruiter
Staffing and Recruiting, Self-employed
October 19, 2016

“Fast, Easy to Use, No Frills”

OverallI am an independent recruiter and value fast, easy to use, nice user experience over customization, features, and workflows. HiringThing has worked great for me. It probably does not meet the needs for a larger company due to its lack of a search interface (or a usable one I should say). But if you are simply looking for a resume repository and to provide candidates a great, simple experience when they apply to jobs, this is a great solution! Their customer service is on point as well. I have spoken with their support team and seen code changes implemented within 24 hours. Not that I expected that, but that is quite a customer focused team they have.
Prosease of use, responsiveness, fast, good candidate experience, easy to implement with career portal
Conslack of really any in depth features, search, workflow customization. But I'm not looking for that at this time anyways.
Recommendations to other buyersN/A

By HiringThing on November 29, 2016
Thank you for your review. We value your feedback! We offer enhanced search and workflow customization options select plan levels. If you ever have a need for these features in the future, please don't hesitate to contact our customer support team.
James G.
Director of Sales Ops
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
March 26, 2019

“Intuitive, Effective and GETS RESULTS! Seriously, HT Makes My Days Easier! ”

OverallI love HiringThing's CS, they are always open to ideas on improvement and will really talk to you about this with their clients. They are always seeking feedback. When they make an upgrade or add on a new service, I can usually pick it up, but If I do need help they have a lot of tools AND their Customer Service team is very responsive. They make sure "we" understand AND CAN USE their S/W!!
ProsHT makes the hiring process simple, intuitive, and effective, which results in happy new employees and hiring managers. HT took a lot of manual processes and streamlined / automated them! It's Intuitive and by that I mean that EVERYTHING is right there at your finger-tips! The ATS or Applicant Tracking System just cannot be beat, it really does tell you where everyone is IN the process! TO recap: Simple-to-use, automated past-manual tasks, price is fair and it MAKES MY JOB EASIER!
ConsThere a couple: First "Rating a New Applicant" can go down a rabbit-hole as you cannot move them once they are defined as "A Rated Applicant." Also it can be hard to track a candidate who has applied multiple times to different positions. I would like to see the ability to sort from my Homepage screen, as only the most-recent position goes to the top of the list.
March 26, 2019
Danielle S.
HR Generalist
Wholesale, 51-200 employees
September 16, 2019

“Highly Recommend”

OverallI'm able to focus on other aspects of building the foundation for our HR department, culture, and employee relations because of how much time this system saves me from an administrative standpoint, onboarding, hiring, etc. Additionally, my hiring teams are able to take a much more active role in the hire process and we have seen a higher rate of retention because we are able to find the right people, for the right roles.
ProsThis ATS is the most robust, user-friendly system I have used in my career. It has streamlined my recruiting process, and allows me to have everything I need at my fingertips. Additionally, with the communication occurring within the system, my hiring teams are able to work much more collaboratively together and truly find the right candidate for each of our roles. We have explored other ATS options as we moved from one PEO to the next, and we chose to keep HiringThing as a stand-alone because we have not found anything comparable. It is exactly what a hiring team needs to truly build the best candidate pools, pipelines, and future teams.
ConsHonestly, nothing, but it would be nice to have a text messaging option for communication.
September 16, 2019
Becky F.
HR Consultant
October 19, 2016

“Recommend HiringThing to our clients”

OverallI work in HR consulting and we do a lot of recruiting and/or train recruiting strategies. We recommend HiringThing to all of our clients. It is a great, user friendly platform and Bunnie our rep is quick and super helpful with questions and job board research. Great product.
ProsService and user friendly. Application management
ConsWish the cover letters and resumes looked like the originals without having to download them.
Recommendations to other buyersCould have a list of industry specific job boards and pricing as a resource.

By HiringThing on November 29, 2016
Thank you for your review Becky! We appreciate you being part of the HiringThing family. We appreciate your feedback on the display of resumes and cover letters and we're happy to let you know that we currently working on enhancements to the Applicant Viewer and the entire applicant review experience.
Carmela B.
July 11, 2018

“Great value for the money! ”

ProsIt's very user-friendly and intuitive. It was super easy to roll out and the managers were able to quickly learn how to navigate through the system. I love how you can do everything in one place from scheduling interviews to extending offers to running a background check and hiring someone.
ConsI wish there was a way they could refresh your job posting more often. If you don't post at the exact right time and don't get enough hits initially, you could end up with a lack of candidates to choose from.
Janhavi P.
Accounting Manager
Media Production, 1-10 employees
October 12, 2016

“Good Software. Great customer support”

OverallCustomer support is SUPURB! As soon as I send them an email, they reply back within the next 10 minutes. And they are available on the phone without the "your call is important to us". Most of the money spent feels well spent because of their customer support. The software is fairly easy to use. There are certain functionalities that can be accessed through two routes such as messaging candidates and setting appointments. It took me a while to figure those out and discover that one route was better than other. I would have liked it if the status of the applicants had changed right after certain action was taken automatically. But I have to do it manually, not a big issue though, I can see why that might be counter productive as well. If you are hiring on an ongoing basis with a dedicated person managing the hiring, it is great value for money. For us it is a bit of an overkill. However, we got a lot of applicants for the few positions that we advertised through hiring thing. Mostly it served our purpose of having the screening questions into application form. Would have liked it if all the applicant info could be emailed automatically to the hiring manager as an optional feature, but had to do it manually. On the other hand, because there was a platform, an admin person could easily do the job of emailing. Overall I am pleased with the product and would recommend it to a first time user of applicant tracking system. Another great feature: It has never crashed on me!
October 12, 2016
Human Resources, Unspecified
July 13, 2018

“good product overall at a very good price”

ProsPretty easy to use and self-explanatory - don't need a lot of tutorials, etc. Visually very appealing (easy to read and understand, clean lay out).
Conswould like to be able to customize stages for each opening. While it offers a "schedule function" it does not seem to work very well (do what I would like it to do). Wish I could integrate our openings with Ladders.

By HiringThing on July 19, 2018
Thank you for your review. We are definitely open to adding additional integration that will enhance the efficiency of your hiring process. Please feel free to reach out to our support team to discuss further, support@hiringthing.com.
Joseph W.
HR Admin Coordinator
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees
July 10, 2018

“Solid simple user-friendly ATS with some advanced features not usually offered”

OverallFaster screening time--can find most viable applicants quickly.
ProsScreening applicants based on "knockout questions," using tags based on applicant answers, scanning resumes for keywords. The software interface is also very straightforward and easy to navigate. The last ATS I used was clunky and cumbersome for tasks that should not require so much work to figure out how to do. The "Help" page is also very instructional.
ConsWish company pages had more customization, and that customer service had a faster response rate to my phone calls/emails.
Agnes Z.
Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
July 10, 2018

“We've used this product since 2012 and are very happy.”

OverallQuick, easy, affordable way to post positions, sort candidates, store information.
ProsEasy to use and train new people to use; keeps all of the information in one place. Allows us to find candidates from previous jobs for new positions.
ConsWe didn't set up "tags" originally and now have over 100 job searches we've completed. These two things can make it hard to organize.
Greg L.
Sales Recruiting Manager
Construction, 201-500 employees
October 19, 2016

“Best bang for the buck”

OverallI searched long and hard for an ATS that would give me all of the functionality I needed, for all fo the departments within our company. Not only was the HiringThing the best solution, the pricing made it a no-brainer for me. What has been equally surprising is the awesome support and customer service.
ProsIt works, is easy to use and is very cost effective. Allows candidate sharing across the enterprise
Consnot really a complaint but its not a scalable as I'd like and some functionality is lacking. Overall it does 95% of what I'd like it to do

By HiringThing on November 29, 2016
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Our product road map for 2017 is focused on evolving our feature set and making enhancements that will continue to support both growing and large companies. We'd love your feedback as launch these new features.
Ricky C.

“Great product”

OverallEfficiency
ProsHaving all of the candidates in one place, messaging templates and HTML for widget to use on our website.
ConsA lot of services like InDeed have similar features now for free or much less. Also when posting through Hiring Thing, sites like InDeed don't recognize it's us and don't link to our company profile.
Jacki T.
Staffing and Recruiting, Unspecified
3.5/5
3.5/5
May 31, 2016

“A great product with excellent customer service and flexibility!”

ProsHiring Thing is very unique in that their customer service team is phenomenally good and very quick to get back to you. They are very flexible with taking into consideration your suggestions and turning them into real features of their product. Up until recently, they did not have an option to do video interviews from within the platform, but now they have implemented it and it's quite a good functionality. They are a small company competing in a saturated market, but they are doing a great job!
ConsThe main thing that we don't like with HiringThing compared to the best product we've seen on the market for Applicant Tracking, is the lack of an interactive pipeline view for the hiring stages.
Recommendations to other buyersGive them a chance! There is so much publicity from the "big players" in the market like Bullhorn, iCIMS and CATS, but you'd be really pleasantly surprised by this startup company and their big heart and creativity for the recruiting market.
May 31, 2016
Meg B.
Director of HR
July 13, 2018

“Was a beta user way back and have continued to use as a paying customer for many years. ”

Overallstreamlines the recruiting process
ProsSuper helpful to aggregate applicants and keep the process moving forward with various hiring managers in multiple locations.
ConsNot too sure there is something I really dislike. I know there are additional features that I haven't tapped into yet.

By HiringThing on July 19, 2018
Thank you for your review!
Lucie L.
Principal
Education Management, Self-employed
July 10, 2018

“I use this software with clients and we all find it very user friendly”

OverallI'm able to run my search consulting business using this software
ProsThe ease of looking at the information and the ability to sort the information and find all applications by the same person.
ConsThe lack of flexibility in the app on my iPad and iPhone. That needs improvement although I do appreciate that there is an app.
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees
December 28, 2016

“Better than using nothing”

OverallWe have used this program, which is an improvement over nothing but have found some serious issues with using it. It will send emails out to subscribers about new jobs that haven't been published. Every one of your subscribers will know about a job if Tuesday rolls around and you are still working on the draft with managers. It really makes things messy when it happens to be a job that somebody is going to be terminated from but hasn't actually been informed yet. It also does not keep a record of the offer letter you send out. You will get it listed in the files ONLY if the applicant accepts and signs the letter. The letter is off in limbo if they don't sign it.
ProsIt's better than using nothing at all.
ConsIt has an all or nothing mentality when it comes to features. No way to block duplicate applicants based on email addresses. No way to track offer letter sent until it is signed and accepted. Will publish job postings automatically, even though the ad was not actually published by the user. Applicants skip qualifying questions when they apply through indeed.
Recommendations to other buyersIt's better than using nothing at all.

By HiringThing on January 3, 2017
We greatly appreciate your feedback and apologize for any issues that you have experienced. In order to remove jobs from the subscriber notification emails, there is a "Hide Listing" option under the Advanced Options on the job listing, that will do this for you. Someone from our Customer Success team will be reaching out very soon to address this and any other questions or concerns you may have. We value you as a customer and strive to do whatever it takes to make hiring better and easier for you.
December 28, 2016
Kalin D.
Senior Director of Operations
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
July 11, 2018

“HiringThing makes managing search processes and communications with candidates more efficient.”

OverallThis has really streamlined the organizations ability to manage multiple hiring processes without losing track of candidates. Ease of communications internally and with candidates has improved and the efficiency allows us to focus less on logistics and more on finding top talent.
ProsIt's easier to communicate with candidates, track where candidates are on the process, and share information with other hiring committee members. I appreciate a separate platform so this doesn't get lost in Email.
ConsI wish the EEOC information could be used to better track candidate demographics over time or by search. I wish there was a way to automate archiving incomplete applications.
Holli F.
Director, Recruiting
July 10, 2018

“HiringThing has been integral in changing our recruiting efforts for our entire organization. ”

ProsWe used a different ATS prior to HiringThing and did not find it to be nearly as user-friendly for both the applicant and the managers. We were losing potential candidates because it was too complicated. HiringThing has completely changed that.
ConsThe only feedback I have is to make the user interface a little more friendly for multiple positions.
Vickie J.
Translation and Localization, 201-500 employees
July 10, 2018

“Good overall experience using Hiring Thing”

OverallAble to recruit for companies across the country.
ProsEase of use. The dashboard is very user friendly and allows easy navigation. The search tool using applicant's names is a very helpful feature that I use often.
ConsAt this time, I don't have anything in particular that stands out as a con. I use this daily and have had a very good experience.
Nikki S.
Executive Recruiter
Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees
July 19, 2018

“Interviewing software consolidated and amplified!”

OverallOverall, a great product. I highly recommend it.
ProsEverything you need at your fingertips! This program completely consolidates the hiring process. It's a one-stop shop. many features such as Online job postings, Referral program, Background check, Pre-employment testing, Video interviewing, Enhanced search, Social media integration, Form builder, Messaging, Resume import, Offer letter, Applicant tagging, Calendar and scheduling, Onboarding document, Job requisition workflow, Analytic tools, Activity Feed
Cons3 separate packages which are reasonably priced however most people who hire go with the "pro package" which is the priciest. The other two less expensive packages only offer 5 and 10 job postings which most hiring managers will not use since there are almost always more than 10 jobs to post
Tim W.
Executive Director
July 10, 2018

“Hiring Streamlines our Hiring Process”

ProsHiringThing makes it easy to post, promote, and recruit candidates for our small nonprofit. Its intuitive, collaborative (I can seek input from the rest of our team), and effective. It's not the most fully featured recruitment platform out there, but what it does, it does well.
ConsI wished HiringThing had a few more tools to flag the most qualified applicants. It can search for keywords/tags in the cover letter or resumes of applicants, which is better than nothing, but its not a very robust feature.
Marc S.
Executive Recruiter and Coach
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
July 16, 2018

“Excellent tool for enhanicng my client services.”

OverallWe're able to offer another service to our clients we have not in the past allowing us to come full circle with our offerings.
ProsThe software is easy to use as is placing ads. The support team is fantastic and always available should you need to contact them for anything.
ConsAfter rating someone, it automatically puts them into the rating file and you have to go fishing for them to do notes or anything else with them.

By HiringThing on July 19, 2018
Thank you for your review.
Kevin D.
Director of Information Technology
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
April 12, 2017

“Great Product!”

OverallSuper easy to use and makes recruiting a snap! The additional features such as offer letters continue to enhance the product and make it more valuable.
April 12, 2017
Rachel J.
HR / Office Administrator
Media Production, 11-50 employees
December 5, 2016

“Intuitive and Effective”

OverallI was pleasantly surprised by the ease of use of Hiring Thing. Introducing a more hands on recruiting approach to previously un-involved Hiring Managers could not have been smoother due to Hiring Things intuitive, easy to use system. It's pipeline that streamlines the application, pre-vetting, interviews and all the way through to making an offer significantly cuts down time on an already long and often tedious recruitment process. In addition to fabulous functionality across the board, it also offers insight into where your applicants are applying to open roles to help key in on talent pools. Highly recommend!
Pros-Easy to search candidates -Easy to group candidates together using tags -Great action items -Fantastic offer process -Fabulous insight on where candidates are applying from -Great application question options (love the auto-archive if answered XX option)
ConsNONE that I can think of!
December 5, 2016
Melissa S.
Director of Human Resources Development
Wholesale, 51-200 employees
October 25, 2016

“Great Software for HR ease!”

OverallI'm not sure what we would do without HiringThing! To be able to view, organize, and respond to applicants could not be easier!

By HiringThing on November 29, 2016
Thank you for your review Melissa!
October 25, 2016
Kyla B.
July 16, 2018

“Have always had a great exp. until recently response is bad and no one addresses issues to tickets. ”

OverallOrganization of candidates and easy to communicate and syndicate.
ProsEasy to use. That' s all I want to say here.
ConsThey need to have the city, state where the applicant is - in the header so you don't have to open the file to know. That would save a lot of time. CrimCheck has a serious communication problem. Did Bunnie leave? She was always responsive to tickets and none were ever outstanding. It's been terrible lately.

By HiringThing on July 19, 2018
Thank you for your review. Your recommendation regarding applicant city, state is great and I will pass it along to our development team. We greatly apologize for any issues you've had with getting support lately. Our team is now aware of your concerns and if there is anything we can do to help support you please don't hesitate to reach out for a immediate response.
Iris S.
February 15, 2013

“The Applicant Tracking System Made for Us!”

OverallWould I recommend HiringThing? In a heartbeat!
ProsWe are a small organization. But, not so small that we don't need the benefits of tracking our applicants. Fast forward to HiringThing. This is such a comfortable system! It alerts me to new candidates. It gives me lots of choices, as well as the option of writing notes regarding each applicant -- which has saved me several times! At any time, I know exactly what is going on with each applicant. Once we have made a decision to decline the applicant, I simply select the letter from a pull-down menu and press "send". Then, I simply press "Archive". Done. Applicants are always at our fingertips, should we need to revisit any. We can schedule applicants within the program for interviews and invite other team members. PLUS, we have analytics. Pretty awesome!
ConsOn the main page is a series of tabs: New Applicants Rated Applicants, etc. I would love to see a tab for "Live Applicants".
February 15, 2013
Janell E.
Office and HR Coordinator
Environmental Services, 11-50 employees
July 17, 2018

“Easy to use, affordable product with awesome customer service”

OverallApplicant tracking, applicant scoring & notes, applicant communication - all in one place
ProsEasy to use Awesome, responsive customer service - they always email a reply quickly Option to post to other job boards (free and paid) Easy to link to our website Great value
ConsThe only missing features that I've wished for are the ability to move or copy an applicant to another job and an easy way to import resumes that are emailed to me.

By HiringThing on July 19, 2018
Great news, you can definitely move or copy applicants between jobs. Here is a link that will show you how: http://support.hiringthing.com/support/solutions/articles/3000034398-how-to-move-or-copy-applicants-to-other-positions You can also import resumes via email (at select plan levels). Here is a link to show you how: http://support.hiringthing.com/support/solutions/articles/3000034122-resume-import-tool
Julian P.
COO
July 17, 2018

“Easy to use software product at a good price point ”

ProsThe ability to post directly to dozens of job boards is extremely useful and time saving. I use it for every posting.
ConsThe user interface is outdated and in need of a refresh. There's a lost opportunity for an even better user experience.

By HiringThing on July 19, 2018
Thank you for your review. User interface enhancements are on our road map this year and look out for some changes coming very soon.
Jeannette Y.
June 7, 2013

OverallI work for a small "not for profit" company so we are unable to afford nor do we have a need for big and fancy ATS's. We started looking for an applicate tracking system because the resumes and applications began to be overwhelming, and I was unable to look back and know who I had spoken to or not. Before HiringThing, we really didn't have a formal system of tracking applicants. We recently began using HiringThing and it has made looking for a new employee much more enjoyable. I like that I have the option not to print all the resumes, and have them stored electronically. It is very easy to post jobs on the Internet and really allows us to get that information out to more people. It was super easy to set up and is also very easy to use. I use it by myself, but there is the option to take it even further and get a hiring manager involved in the process. The one thing that really made the difference for me was the customer service. All I need to do is e-mail my support rep with any issues I may have and he gets back to me really quick ,and answers any of my questions. Now the amount of resumes that we receive has increased and the amount for time used to go through those resumes has decreased.
June 7, 2013
Adam K.
Collections Manager
November 29, 2012

“The product sells itself, but here is my humble opinion.”

OverallI am truly satisfied with the hiring thing product and service, I would recommend it to anyone, who does not employ a fulltime hiring manager, has a high turnover, or is rapidly growing.
ProsI work in an industry that has a high turnover and is experiencing a tremendous growth rate at the same time. this product saves me so much time in assisting in the hiring process, I no longer have to receive emails of resume' in my in box. I also don't need to create separate folders, for no interest, maybe, yes for potential applicants. My supervisors can also access the applicants from one central location, again saving my inbox. Also the fact that I can post to several job boards at one time, and provide a URL for an applicant to go to to send me their resume'. Honestly the Pros are too Numerous to list, the trial sells it's self. The customer service and tech support is Unparalleled.
Consany cons i have seen are so minuscule it's not worth mentioning.
November 29, 2012
Amanda G.
Ops Manager
Real Estate, 11-50 employees

“Great System”

OverallThey have everything you can think of so that your recruiting funnel is systematic and orderly. Customer service is very helpful and are often quick to respond to any questions that you have.
ProsIt literally does have everything I want for keeping my recruiting funnel organized.
ConsI don't like the craigslist posting turn over time, I also don't like how the seven days later reposting is more like 9 days later.
Recommendations to other buyersfix the CL time lapse

By HiringThing on November 29, 2016
Thank you for your review Amanda. I also wanted to let you know that all Craigslist posts are posted within 24 hours. The delay that you are experiences is related to our posting confirmation emails which at this time are manual. We are working on automating these confirmations. Please be assured that all posting are live within 24 hours.
Melissa M.
July 8, 2013

OverallWe couldn't be more pleased with Hiringthing as our new ATS. We researched many SAAS ATS solutions through a market survey before selecting HiringThing. The software is intuitive, requiring no training at all for us to use. We have altered our workflow to fit with HiringThing, and its made our process leaner and easier. Actions which would have taken 30 minutes or more are now completed in minutes. No more juggling spreadsheets, figuring out who has spoken to whom, or cutting and pasting from emails. Everything is centralized in the the applicant's notes and messages, and we can set up interviews and calls, and rack them as well. Help screens are well written, the support center has a good knowledge base, and its easy to enter a ticket for support. Customer support is phenomenal. We get fast responses and fixes. Suggestions for future releases are taken. I would recommend HiringThing without reservations. We are a small company without a full time recruiting staff - we have our own jobs to do, and now with HiringThing, we can effectively manageg recruiting without taking up too much of our regular work schedule.
July 8, 2013
Anna C.
VP, Employee Experience
July 10, 2018

“Hiring Thing is Hard to Beat”

ProsEasy to use, very cost-effective. The scalable price per number of job posting is great. Customer service team is very responsive.
ConsI'm not sure that push-posting is an option. There is no requisition approval process - or a field to put salary range information in.
Barbara A.
Recruiter
Airlines/Aviation, 201-500 employees
November 29, 2016

“Excellent service”

OverallExcellent service. When I have questions they help really quick. I am glad we are using you guys for our hiring process
ProsIts easy and friendly
ConsNothing bad to comment
Recommendations to other buyersMake it as a regular application like other sites for airli es

By HiringThing on November 29, 2016
Thank you for your review and we appreciate you being part of the HiringThing family.
November 29, 2016
Jacki T.
Senior Technical Recruiter
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
March 26, 2015

“They have such wonderful customer service! ”

OverallLet me start by saying... I have tried MANY platforms. And the ones I didn't try, I watched the videos for and checked the demos. HiringThing may not be as well known as others, but it is SO good! I am so glad I stumbled upon it. In the past I have used CATS, TargetRecruit, and several others, and I have never found better customer service and a more friendly product than HiringThing. I highly recommend it! Sometimes I have even laughed at how fast they answer support emails... to the tune of less than 30 seconds after me sending it! So impressed!
Pros-Awesome free trial with no credit card -Rating feature with stars -Simple to use, but robust enough to have all features -Beautifully designed interface -The best customer service I've ever seen -Super, highly customizable -Open API
Cons-Right now there's no activity feed besides the sent messages, but they are developing it for me within 2-3 weeks and then will roll it out to all users!
March 26, 2015
Kimberly V.
Operations Manager
July 11, 2018

“Could be a great fit for some companies, but wasn't the right software for us. ”

OverallMulti users for a flatrate.
ProsI like that HiringThing allows me to add a bunch of users without the the additional cost. The UI is clean and most functionality is pretty straight forward. The reports and dashboards are basic but nice, could work for some companies but didn't give us the insights that we needed.
ConsI think the biggest drawback of the system is that an applicant doesn't have a profile in which multiple applications can live, and where they can view the status of his/her applications. This poses reporting, and UX, challenges for internal personnel should applicants apply to more than one job .
Carmela B.
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
October 19, 2016

“Perfect for a Small Business”

OverallAs a company with under 100 employees and entirely paper driven HR process, HiringThing has been a life (and sanity) saver! It's helped us streamline our recruiting process and keep managers engaged and involved as well as keeping all the candidates organized. The price point also hits that perfect sweet spot for CFO's who don't want to spend too much. Absent any other HR technology, this stand-alone ATS has made my life immeasurably better and helped us reach a wider audience of the talent pool. The only feature I wish was available was the ability to boost or refresh a job posting without having to completely take it down and re-post it as new.
ProsEase of use
ConsInability to boost or refresh job postings
Stephanie W.
January 3, 2013

OverallWe are a small, start-up non-profit with a lot of recent new growth. We were looking for a more efficient way to manage the hiring process, but we also wanted the flexibility and affordability of a web based system. HiringThing was the perfect solution. HiringThing allowed us to direct all potential candidates to one place to apply for our open positions. As the operations coordinator, HiringThing has made my job of ranking applications and responding to candidates a lot easier. I am able to review all applications in one, easy to manage dashboard. I can then respond directly to the applicant, rate the application and move candidates along in the recruitment process all from one dashboard. And because HiringThing is web based, I can review and manage applications from anywhere. Customer support has been excellent, including quick responses to my questions and helpful tips on how to utilize HiringThing better. If you are looking for a robust, but affordable hiring system, I strongly recommend giving HiringThing a try.
January 3, 2013
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
January 9, 2019

“HR tool”

ProsThe thing I liked most about this software was that it was easy to use and that it wasn't hard to really start up and use at our company. The background check included in this was very easy and we could access it fast! I really liked how easy it was to set up interviews!
ConsThe thing I didn't like about this software was that the cost of the background check I could get somewhere else a little cheaper. Hard to track candidates that have applied to other positions. I do not think it can meet the needs of a big company .
January 9, 2019
11-50 employees
July 12, 2018

“For a small, growing business, HT has been a one of the best talent acquisition tools we have”

ProsEasy to use, easy to share with teammates Great customer support Excellent ROI Continuous improvements
ConsSometimes toggling between messaging and candidate info is cumbersome. For example, if I begin to write a message, but need to confirm some profile info, the message isn't saved and I have to begin again.

By HiringThing on July 19, 2018
Thank you for your review! We are currently working on messaging enhancements that will address your concerns.
July 12, 2018
Facilities Services, 51-200 employees
July 10, 2018

“Overall positive, but still working through hiccups”

OverallWe're able to contain everything in regards to a candidate in one place- their application, interview notes, ratings, offer letter- everything. That way, multiple people on our team can access that information rather than just the recruiter. This is helpful in the moment but also for having completed profiles to look back on when we're recruiting for new assignments that an older candidate may be suitable for.
ProsThe user interface is clean, intuitive, and the functionality is headed in the right direction. It offers quite a bit of bang for your buck.
ConsThey're still working on developing this software. This means, that the functions that you would expect to be automatic are sometimes still being built. It also means that things are changing everyday and the customer support team doesn't always seem to be on top of these changes so when you call with questions, you can get different answers from different people. However, they're a small company who cares about your experience. If you're willing to make them aware of the issue and walk them through it, they seem to be willing to work through it on their end- it might just take a bit of time.
Chrissy L.
VP, CTO
Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees
April 11, 2017

“Enhancements I'd like to see ”

OverallI think the product is good. I think the enhancements I've listed would make it better.
ConsEnhancements I would like to see - when I am reviewing candidates I'm usually blocking off time to review as many candidates as I can in that period. Therefore, it would be nice if the Applicant Viewer window had a button to View Next Applicant. So after I rate the one I'm on, I can do directly to the next candidate without having to close the window and click View for the next applicant. Also, when I resize the Applicant Viewer window to maximize the screen to better see the resume - it goes back to the default size each time. I'd like the option to have the window be larger by default - or keep the size I have when I click View Next Applicant. There should also be an easier way to get applicants into the system. A manual add button that gives me the option to email the applicant but by default is disabled. On the Rated Applicants tab I'd like to be able to sort by Applicant Name. I get an email from an applicant and I go into hiring thing to update their status - but it takes forever to find the person's name in the list.
April 11, 2017
Jessica t.
HR Recruiter
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees
August 15, 2017

“Hiring Thing”

ProsLove the fact that they offer unlimited users. It really helps out when others can easily login and view the information. Plenty of useful features
ConsI really liked the system, didn't find much cons. The only reason we decided not to continue with Hiring Thing is that we found another software that allowed unlimited job postings for a cheaper price but charged by each user.
August 15, 2017
Alisha B.
HR Generalist
Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees
July 13, 2018

“Very user-friendly site. Makes recruiting so much easier. ”

OverallIt makes the hiring process run a lot smoother, especially when there are multiple hands in the pot.
ProsI like the ability to have all correspondence and records stored on this site. It makes it easy when working with different hiring managers. I love the ability to customize each hiring/scouting experience based on the different roles. The ability to post on different sites all at once is heaven sent as well.
ConsI feel the search option could be improved when trying to search candidates by name. While the customization help to ease the experience for prospective hires and hiring managers. The initial set up can be a little tedious, especially if you are crunched for time.

By HiringThing on July 19, 2018
Thank you for your review!
Ashley D.
Office Administrator
Philanthropy, 1-10 employees
July 19, 2018

“Great when looking to hire!”

ProsThis is a great program and was so helpful when we were looking to hire. It allowed us to post our job online and when applicants would apply we could rate the applicants with ease! Made hiring a breeze
ConsWish we would have found this sooner! Was worth the price and was so easy to set up and post our job listing!
Erin H.
Philanthropy, Unspecified
October 28, 2014

“HiringThing is the unicorn of HR software.”

ProsHiringThing turned a stack of applications and overwhelming amounts of paper into a collaborative, useful online system that our HR staff and hiring managers love. Being able to share candidate information with relevant parties, communicating securely and efficiently, and ranking candidates has sped up our hiring process by 75%.
ConsI can't think of a criticism that would be significant.
Recommendations to other buyersThis is a great hiring tool. We use a separate online tool for our HRIS, and I prefer to keep the two systems separate since the needs are distinct. HiringThing does exactly what it should do with amazing efficiency.
October 28, 2014
RICK P.
Construction, 11-50 employees
March 8, 2019

“HiringThing is our HiringThing!”

OverallHiringThing has helped our company request and hold all documents under one roof. No more piece-milling for us!
ProsHiringThing is perfect for our company with the ease of use, flexibility in software, and awesome tech support!
ConsThere is nothing to say here. We like everything about the software!
March 8, 2019