KidReports Ratings

Overall

About KidReports

First month FREE! KidReports is the leading communication software for child care providers. Provide peace of mind by sending real time notices, photos, videos and daily reports to parents throughout the day. Manage your historical data for compliance with ease. KidReports is easy to use and saves teachers time. Our system is customizable to YOUR reporting. Set your child care apart from the rest. Find out why parents are saying they "can't live without this service." Learn more about KidReports

Tami Z.
Owner/Director
March 15, 2018

“Ashley Repko has been amazing helping us get started she has been so patient with all our questions”

OverallTime saving for teachers which lowers payroll. Less use of paper products for forms that have to be filled out such as, accident/incident reports, medication authorizations, etc. Easier communication ability with parents and teachers. I can see immediately how many kiddos are in each room with the number of teachers as well. I can locate a child if he/she has been moved to a different room. Teachers will be able to perform conferences with much more ease with everything right at their fingertips.
ProsI love the options and the customization capabilities that KidReports provides for our center. We used a different program for parent communication prior to KR so parents and teachers had a tough time switching but now that we have used it for over a month everyone is loving it. I am so pleased that I am able to customize the activities so I have created our Medical Authorization form, Medication Log, Child Ill Form, Child Health, and so many others. The ease of use for the staff to be able to just select the Early Learning Standard they are working on and tie it to a picture or a video is the BEST! It makes documenting children's progress and accomplishments so much easier. The parents love getting the pictures/videos throughout the day along with the rest of the information they receive daily. I really get excited when I think of something new that I can add to the activities, and it has reduced the amount of paper that we use because we virtually have everything set up electronically.
ConsSometimes when I'm setting things up in the activities I start to type in a box and my cursor goes away and I don't realize that all of my typing is going nowhere. There were a few small things that we had to get used to and was a little difficult to use in the beginning but I think it was mainly because we had previously used a different electronic communication program. I don't like how when I create an activity (i.e. accident/incident report)I need to have things show up in a specific order such as, parents name first, equipment involved, was 911 called?, etc. However, I was informed that they would be fixing this so I am able to do this by April sometime. I really don't have too much negative to say about KR, I am loving it.
March 15, 2018
Teresa A.

“Possible Improvements ”

OverallOverall it is such a great application that I am looking forward to using throughout the years. As a parent and a Director i see how much of an impact having KidReports can do to in a parents day.
ProsI love that the parents have access to the children's day and how easy it can be.
ConsThere are a few glitches, and it is mostly on the administration side. When editing classroom activities, sometimes with time it reverts back to the old data. Which i have to go back and correct. Also the message that the parents send to the teacher do not go directly to the administrator account so it makes it a little hard for us to see unless we are physically looking at the ipads. When the teachers try to input their curriculum on the planners, it sometimes jumps from on of the day to the next so it is not consistent and makes it a little harder to upload.
Troy D.
Developer
Public Safety, 1001-5000 employees
March 26, 2019

“Easy”

ProsThe ease of use of the KidsReports software makes drop-off and pick-up of my kids to effortless. I am able to check them in and out of daycare quickly and remain stress free from the hustle that mornings often bring with getting kids to daycare. Thanks!
ConsOnly negative on this software is the finicky fingerprint reader. Winters are a dry time and the fingerprint scanner never works for me, although it worked flawlessly at the last daycare center we were at that used it, so it may be a setup issue or just my dry skin (certainly not the fault of the software by any means).
March 26, 2019
Barbara H.
Wing manager
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
October 15, 2019

“Go with kidreports”

OverallLearning to love it... there is just so much to do with it, butbthe support has been amazing!
ProsIt incorperates all our daily tasks/needs/mandates in one place! The programa le options forsending reports is a huge plus as well.
ConsIt has too many multiple steps for each entry. I want a point and click option! Show me the list of options and let me tap what I need and save- done.
October 15, 2019
Sidney H.
Marketing and Media Director
May 11, 2017

“KidReports has allowed our school to easily share daily information with our parents. ”

OverallGreat parent involvement since they are able to see exactly what their child(ren) does during the day. Our parents also love how they are able to directly contact our teachers through this app. KidReports allows our school to better improve our communication with our parents.
ProsOur school enjoys being able to share pictures with our parents just as much as being able to easily navigate through the simple app.
ConsThe only "issue" we seem to run into is a slower response time from the customer service team when our schools individually reach out, as opposed to the fast response our area Marketing and Media Director receives when contacting the customer service team directly.

By KidReports on July 20, 2017
Hi Sidney! Thank you for taking the time to review KidReports! Please let us know how we can be of further assistance!
Tifanee W.
Preschool Administrator
February 15, 2018

“KidReports is a great software used by our Child Care Center replacing paper daily reports!”

ProsI like that KidReports has a lot of features that can be utilized to personalize each classroom's activities. Thus, teachers are able to choose from a wide variety of activities that can be added to each child's electronic report. I also loved the feature that allowed parents to receive "real-time" updates on things happening with their child.
ConsThe ease of use of KidReports was the main con. I had a difficult time navigating through all of the features.
February 15, 2018
Megan H.

“Review”

OverallIt has been good for the most part, I am used to Tadpoles so it took some adjusting. The only thing I like better about Tadpoles is the teacher view 'dashboard' type thing that lists all kiddos and has reminders of what they'll need next. Things slip through the cracks less.
ProsThe customer service is FABULOUS. Also the "real time" feed on the app has been a huge perk for our families.
ConsMissing some features I am used to - setting reminders for bottles/diapers could be easier and more user friendly. A 'dashboard' view of all the kids in the room with their next bottle/diaper/nap would be super helpful in the infant rooms.

By KidReports on October 4, 2018
Thank you for the positive review! We're glad to hear you are enjoying the service and that the transition has been going well. KidReports offers a more flexible reminder system that can be easily used in the app. You have the opportunity to set reminders directly in the app for individual children, several children or all children in your room. Please let us know if we can further help with this feature request. Thanks, The KidReports Team
Tracy P.
September 24, 2019

“Keeping up with the times...”

OverallToday's communication is technology based and this system is a way to meet parents needs by allowing them to chose how they want to receive information.
ProsThis software has given us another avenue to support child learning by engaging parents and keeping them informed.
ConsThere is a lot to learn with this software and if you're not tech savvy it can be a challenge. The customer support is great though so they walk you through it.
September 24, 2019
Mary M.
May 11, 2017

“Parents really seem to enjoy the app and getting the daily updates. ”

OverallMost teachers and parents seem to like the app, but some still prefer a more traditional portfolio.
ProsThe software allows for quick and easy communication. It is especially great for alerting the whole school of important news or sending quick reminders.
ConsWe wish that the items in the portfolios could be kept from going out in the daily reports. Parents have already seen the pictures etc. when we release the portfolios during conferences.

By KidReports on July 20, 2017
Hi Mary! Thank you for taking the time to review KidReports! Please let us know how we can be of further assistance!
Tasha W.
May 16, 2017

“Kid Reports is an awesome app. There's been some great improvements.”

ProsI love that parents are able to get information anytime they please on their child's day and progress. We strive to go above and beyond for our parents and believe we have using this app. I also love that they can get pictures sent right to their phone.
ConsIt's very hard to use the app when there is an issue with the Wifi or the app itself. We have had problems when it comes to web based.

By KidReports on July 20, 2017
Hi Tasha! Thank you for taking the time to review KidReports! Please let us know how we can be of further assistance!
Kristina C.
Executive Director
July 26, 2019

“KidReports”

OverallKidReports has been a great resource for our teachers and parents. Parents are able to see what their chldren are doing in real time, they can send notes to teachers, teachers can share pictures and videos, safety is less of a concern with timed head counts, our accreditation likes the documentation of portfolios
ProsEase of use, portability of information from management software
ConsThere are really no cons to this program
July 26, 2019
Kristen C.
Optician
April 5, 2018

“It is a great software”

ProsThis software is used at my child's school. It is easy to see and navigate through his daily activities. I can see his lunch what he ate and how much if it he ate. The teacher can send me individual messages and let me know about his behavior. I love the app!
ConsIt is overall an awesome app it has frozen up once or twice when trying to navigate between tabs. But I feel that has been fixed.
April 5, 2018
Carl W.

“Kid Reports”

ProsIts complete. Many features. I works on many devices. Customer service was excellent. It makes up for software downfalls.
ConsHuman interface. Drag and drop would be so much better
Kimberly K.
April 30, 2018

“We just started with KidReports and love it!”

OverallI love the automatic upload from our Procare software. Make my life much easier.
ProsParents find it easy to use. The email to new parents is so easy and I love that parents can tailor it to their own wants and needs. I like that as a director I have a dashboard that gives me real time numbers. I also like the alerts when children are moved.
ConsI wish there was a way for the teachers to see all of their class at one time with pictures. I also wish there was a diaper alert that we could set for every 2 hours.
April 30, 2018
Michelle B.
Student
Law Practice, Self-employed
September 12, 2019

“Review for Brianna Butler's Report”

OverallI'm not getting emails from you all like I should.
ProsI like to know what my daughter is doing in daycare.
ConsYou all are not emailing me the daily reports like you should.
September 12, 2019
Amy B.
Educator
May 16, 2017

“KidReports is very user friendly and our parents love it.”

ProsThe software is very easy to use and is very user friendliness.The program is also easy to customize to fit our program.
ConsWhen you refresh the program all in progress things get erased. Sometimes it gets hit accidentally and things are suddenly gone.

By KidReports on July 20, 2017
Hi Amy! Thank you for taking the time to review KidReports! Please let us know how we can be of further assistance!
Timmy F.
teacher
June 23, 2019

“Reports that Count”

OverallThis software provides me with a way to document that I have sent messages and report to parents. I love this software.
ProsThis software allows teachers with a fast and easy way to communicate with parents about their child. It allows us to record attendance, behavior, and even communicate concerns. I like how I am able to send my reports directly to parents' phones and computers.
ConsParents need to have access to internet or phone to receive reports.
June 23, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
September 13, 2018

“As a parent who has a child in daycare using this software”

ProsI liked the picture quality of the photos. It was nice to get the report every day.
ConsI have tried and tried to get the pictures of my child downloaded. We asked before and have been asking since we left the daycare, but there is no recourse. The kidsreport folks send us to the daycare, the daycare sends us back to kidsreport. I have been at it since last April. Hoping to get them before she graduates college..
Larisarae S.
Preschool Owner
Education Management, Self-employed
March 6, 2019

“Great Program ”

OverallAbsolutely amazing and would recommend to anyone!
ProsThis program offers a HUGE variety of resources for administrators and teachers. The customer service is amazing, I've always received responses via email within 20-30 minutes, even when I send something in the middle of the night on occasion! My preschool families are very happy with how easy the app is for them to use.
ConsThe initial setup and time it takes to learn the program is kind of lengthy, but there is so much on there that I was fully expecting it to take a while to set up.
March 6, 2019
Kayley D.
April 26, 2018

“We have had issues with KidReports from the day we began using the software.”

ProsWe really enjoy the teacher-teacher messaging feature, as well as the teacher-parent messaging feature.
ConsThe format of the administrator website is nowhere near as functional as others, and we have had multiple issues with information not transferring from Procare to KidReports. The layout of the daily reports is awful - instead of having a giant list of meals, diapering, and toileting throughout the day, why not have a a meals section, a toileting section, and a diapering section so they are easier for parents to navigate and read instead of scrolling down a long list of their whole day? Customer service is terrible. Each time we have attempted to call, we have been placed on hold for an hour or more. The only way were able to reach someone was directly through KidReports (strictly messaging, which isn't helpful), and anyone we have spoken with hasn't been helpful - they suggested we buy our teachers new iPads JUST to have them strictly for KidReports because it doesn't run as well with other apps and photos on the iPad. What's the point of the app and software if it can't be on the iPad with anything else?
April 26, 2018
Amanda C.
December 11, 2017

“Professional staff!!! Great service!!!!”

OverallThe best thing about this software is having the ability to communicate with the parent throughout the day. No more documenting a child's day on paper!!!! When I needed to change my email address I was unable to find where to change it at in the system. I was able to call customer support and they were great!!!
ProsI like how easy it is to communicate with parents. I also like how parents receive real time updates throughout the day.
December 11, 2017
Bobbi R.
April 25, 2018

“This product does not fulfill our center needs.”

ProsThe teacher to teacher and teacher to parent messaging. This is a nice feature because the parents can go straight to the teachers instead of always needing to call.
ConsIt is not an easy app to use. Pictures are not very easy to upload. You can not go into as much detail as we would like. Things do not upload to the reports so parents aren't seeing things when they should. Parent contacts are not put in automatically from ProCare. The App defaults straight to room 1 after anything you do so you constantly have to change the classroom.

By KidReports on May 8, 2018
Bobbi - Thank you for your review and comments. We are sorry to hear that your transition to KidReports has encountered some issues. We want to help ensure KidReports is fulfilling and exceeding your center's needs. Many of the items you have listed can be easily addressed and resolved with a consultation. In addition, we want to ensure you have taken advantage of our ongoing training schedules available to both school directors and teachers to better understand how to use the features we provide. A team member will also be following up directly to schedule a consultation. Best regards, The KidReports Team
April 25, 2018
Diane W.

“Prince of Peace CELC”

OverallToo soon to say...just beginning. We have used brightwheel, and at this point are currently using brightwheel. So expect at least the same benefits.
ProsAll that it offers... the communication with parents and Admin features.
ConsThe struggle to get through knowing how to use it.
Kristen B.
Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees
May 1, 2018

“kid reports- easy app to learn- quick access to all area for the children”

Overallbenefits from this app- learning a new way to communicate with all parents thru via email instead of the old way paper
Prosindividualized to each child, parents receive reports by via email with pictures. teachers are extremely satisfied on how quickly the app moves from one thing to another
Conscons for kid reports- teachers have errors to sign into the app- several attempts and steps t fix the problem
May 1, 2018
Jacque H.
Mom
Real Estate, 11-50 employees

“New Parent”

ProsI am new to this product, my daycare switched from lifecubby. It seems pretty easy to use, i like that messages are separate from the daily activities.
ConsI am not sure if this is because its a new product for the teachers but it doesn't show how much my child eats whether be none or seconds the teachers have to add a note at the end.
Holly F.
manager
Education Management, 1-10 employees

“JellyBean”

Proslinking the procare accounts to kid reports and them being emailed at the end of the day
Consnot being able to save and customize for future use
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
October 4, 2019

“Follow daily activity”

OverallGreat experience with KidReports - I look forward to using it weekly!
ProsKidReports allows you to post daily activities, photos, alerts/reminders and also allows you to send out messages.
ConsIt is somewhat clunky to navigate but it is easy to get the hang of it. Not much to complain about here!
October 4, 2019
Andrea P.
November 21, 2018

“OK ”

Overallna
ProsI guess the only thing I really like was the messaging system to parents
ConsSoftware is always glitchy and never works appropriately
November 21, 2018
Sonya R.
Partner/CFO
April 16, 2019

“LARGE CENTERS SHOULD NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

OverallLoads of frustration, wasted time and money. We had to discontinue use, as the lack-luster child tracking required we still maintain paper records for classroom attendance.
ProsFew pros, I would be careful with this product, Procare has not fully figured out the bugs and the product is unreliable.
ConsThis product crashes during peak hours - morning/evening. If considering this product for use to track children (larger center(s)), buyer beware. We invested $20K purchasing tablets for 3 locations (23 classrooms), improving our wifi throughout our schools to ensure proper connectivity and hired a consultant to smoothly deploy KidReports only to find out THIS PRODUCT CONSISTENTLY CRASHES AND DOES NOT TRACK PROPERLY TRACK CHILDREN.
April 16, 2019
Michelle M.
March 7, 2019

“Director feedback”

ProsEasy to use and parents love it! It is nice to be able to send emails to all the families at once!
ConsIt took us a little while to get it going on our end but that wasn't your problem; otherwise, no problems!
March 7, 2019
Maggie R.
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
September 18, 2018

“Feedback”

OverallVery good.
ProsI am still learning it but, the ease of use and the many various options to make it user friendly for our center.
ConsIt is hard to remember the steps in the process of things at first.
September 18, 2018
Missy H.
Owner/ Director
October 5, 2018

“What a great add on!”

ProsI love the fact that my families love love love the daily update and pictures.
ConsI wish children were moved back to their primary room when they are clocked out.
October 5, 2018
Tara W.
Dental hygienist
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
December 26, 2018

“Great app”

OverallGreat!
ProsEasy to use, great pictures! Easy to message the director
ConsNothing , great app. Have nothing to say but great
December 26, 2018
Morgane N.
Program Coordinator
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees
April 2, 2019

“Not as user friendly as Daily Connect”

ProsIt was free...as opposed to Daily Connect
ConsWe recently moved and had to put our kids to a different daycare. We used to have Daily Connect which we absolutely adored. Daily Connect is so much more user friendly. It truly looks like a cheap wannabe
April 2, 2019
Laura M.
Teacher

“Lacking, but efficient”

ProsAs a parent, there's nothing I need to do but sign up.
ConsI hate that it has minimal features and doesn't give updates until the end of the day.