Tithe.ly Church Management Ratings

Overall
4.3/5
4.7/5

About Tithe.ly Church Management

Tithe.ly offers fair pricing to suit every ministry size - small or large. Elvanto is an all-in-one, 100% cloud-based church management system with no add-on costs. We provide a program thats really user-friendly & intuitive, as well as being jam packed with powerful features. All accounts are securely hosted on servers across the USA, Australia, & Canada to comply with local security and privacy laws, and can be accessed from virtually anywhere. Learn more about Tithe.ly Church Management

Clint B.
Director of Media & Communications
August 18, 2019

“Tithe.ly ChMS gives us the mechanism to track discipleship ”

OverallOverall, I'm excited to see how Tithe.ly ChMS transforms our daily work flow and impacts church growth. It's seems like a very cool company that has a great product and we're happy to be partnering with them!
ProsWhat's great about Tithe.ly ChMS is how discipleship-centric it is. The People manager is easy to use and easy to manage. The People Flow feature gives a very unique and useful way to place people - new guests, people on discipleship pathways, etc.. - in a specific flow so that they don't fall through the cracks. We'll now have the ability to get some true metrics beyond just attendance on Sunday. My other favorite feature is the Services feature, which gives us the same capability as Planning Center, but doesn't have the people limitations. We will soon drop our Planning Center subscription because Tithe.ly fills that need.
ConsThe part of the experience that was the least enjoyable was migrating data from our old system to Tithe.ly. First line support seemed to be out of order in where we were in the process. Once we got connected with our migration specialist at Tithe.ly, it got a lot better. He was very knowledgeable and was able to answer just about every question.
August 18, 2019
Brandon R.
Pastoral Resident
December 5, 2017

“Elvanto has been great to use, work with, and so helpful for our church!”

OverallOverall organizational unity and efficiency. Streamlined, standardized and unified volunteer coordination. Centralized mass communication, and a highly user-friendly worship service planning platform and the ability to store the church worship song inventory online for all to utilize as needed.
ProsI like how intuitive it is and how easy it is to figure out. I can teach functions to even the most tech-challenged people in our church and they are able to know what they need to do with ease. I also like the umbrella of functions it has under the one program for the price point offered. When you go from 100 to 200 active users the price doubling is a bit steep (this is why I gave value 4 stars), but it is comparable to similar programs, but easier to work with. Lastly, the customer service as well has been fantastic from day one and that was a major reason I chose Elvanto over other programs. Their speed of response is typically within 1 day, despite being in Australia, while I'm in the US.
ConsMore than anything it is their phone app, which is fairly useless at this time compared to just logging into the website on your phone (this is where 4 stars on Features comes in). The phone app has yet to be integrated with the majority of functions offered and the development has been too slow to get it going. Elvanto has a community Post board, which we love as a church, but to not have that on the phone app that can give you notifications of a new post seems like a huge oversight. The normal software I really have no issues with at all, if there is something hard to understand or more complicated, there is help available in the forms of tutorials or customer service is an email or chat away. The phone app, however, needs to be pushed through development and in big ways and then Elvanto will be a force to be reckoned with, and our church would have greater integration as people who don't get in front of a computer on a daily basis (i.e. young moms, blue-collar workers, etc.) would have it in their phones too.
December 5, 2017
Chris P.
Company Director
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
October 19, 2016

“Best Church Management Software I've used”

OverallI have used Elvanto for many years now and find it by far the easiest, feature rich ChMS around. Whilst functionality and UI are important, solid backup and support is critical. The Elvanto team are always on hand to answer questions quickly and the support team know their product (sounds obvious but not always the case!). There is a cost to using the software, but for those trying to weigh up the difference between a manual system vs Elvanto, it's a no-brainer. I wouldn't run my business off excel so why run a church using excel? Everybody I have ever recommended Elvanto has started using it, and within 6 months they say why wasn't I using this before? Is everything great? There are some areas that have been a frustration. The Check-In system has pro's and con's. Pro is it's web based and works from an iPad. The downside is the printing software is frustrating and doesn't always do what it's told. If you are a portable church this can be an impediment as you must have internet, and the print server can be a little hit and miss. Whilst it may seem retro-grade, I would like to see a rock solid, offline enabled application for child-check in, it's one of those areas that if it fails, goes sideways quickly. Would this prevent me from using the check-in system? Categorically NO. Unlike some ChMS systems the printers are cheap DYMO's so the overheads and supply options are cheap and easy. Elvanto have a strong record with feature updates that are well thought out and 'released when market ready'. Product development has been strong and the team are always willing to listen to new ideas or feature requests. Not everything get's implemented, but they do listen and good ideas (or necessities) get implemented quickly. Elvanto is agile. It's not a perfect system (none are), but compared to most other ChMS systems around Elvanto is one that must be in the top 1-2 on your evaluation list.
ProsEase of use. Feature Rich. Fantastic Support. Competitively Priced. Integrates with many 3rd party applications. Simply makes church management easier.
ConsCheck-In printing can be hit and miss (your average volunteer struggles if things go sideways). No "Offline" check-in mode, so mobile churches need to consider internet services (and speeds). BI is a little behind and could be improved. There are reports, but true "BI" and dashboards are missing.
Recommendations to other buyersCheck it out, you will kick yourself if you choose an alternative without thoroughly evaluating Elvanto. I've used a few systems and Elvanto needs to be a prime candidate on your list.
Gordon W.
October 19, 2016

“Easier for our staff, empowering for our congregation”

OverallWe've been with Elvanto since 2012 . It now supports all the core activities of daily life in our congregation - in one program, with one subscription, and without any software compatibility hassles. This is easier for our staff who ride one learning curve then rise to draw on all Elvanto's capability. This is also empowering for the congregation, because we use Elvanto in a way that empowers the congregation. They plan, communicate, and take action though Elvanto. As a result... We follow up and support our people better through accurate attendance and directory information. We know more specifically what's been happening through the wide range of reports on hand. We plan our calendar more clearly and book facilities and resources with more confidence. We communicate more frequently and clearly with our congregation in our emails and SMS. We organise more effectively for our worship life through the rostering, service planning, and song selection capability in Elvanto. We equip people with resources through blog posts, sermon outlines, and documents whenever needed. We have learned to use the new functionality of a program that is in active development [in a good way], as they are responsive to user feedback. We relax over costs because we only pay for people who are actively involved in church life now - and can still keep in touch with others as Contacts. We have even more ways we COULD use Elvanto but choose not to so far - such as the online giving or the small group attendance. Why Elvanto compared to other church management software [CMS] solutions? It was flexible pricing, customisable functions and appearance, software-as-a- service convenience, and a complete set of functions across the board - pastoral, worship, communication, and calendar planning. Elvanto fulfils and exceeds our congregation's expectations and agendas. Criticisms? Frankly the larger challenge with CMS is the church culture. For some, church life is a sanctuary which they wish was free of passwords or pins. This shift is small pain for large gain, if they take it up. The usage curve is far from level - about a quarter of our people use E most days - and about a quarter log in maybe once every few months. I'm ok with that. In short, choosing to go with a CMS, and Elvanto specifically, has been the single most significant step forward in organising church life that we have made in the past ten years.
ProsA very comprehensive solution to church management, with flexible pricing, customisable appearance and functions, secure access control, and freedom from software compatibility issues.
ConsGetting the broader congregation to draw on its capabilities. Staff and key leaders have taken this up well. There can be cultural expectations that church life is 'low-tech' and simple - I can respect this is some ways. But passwords and online comms are as common as cars and phones in the 21st century. It's ok for people to have to learn.
Robbi S.
Religious Institutions, Unspecified
March 27, 2015

“Easy to use and everything you need for church management!”

ProsThe software within this web-based, in-the-cloud system is amazing! It does everything you'll need to run your church efficiently, and it's very easy to use.
ConsI love everything, but if I have to pick the least favorite thing, I'd change the looks of the website we work from. It's very nice, but there are a few things I'd do different (more colorful, square boxes for the photos of the congregation vs. round ones, and a cleaner looking layout). But, here's some good news. They're going to give Elvanto a new facelift very soon.
Recommendations to other buyersI've tried the downloadable and "in the cloud" church management software of many, many companies - even the popular ones - and, I'm here to say that Elvanto should be at the top of the list! To start with, the customer service is fast and friendly! There were times when I literally had to wait days or weeks to get a question answered with some of the other companies, and that has never been the case yet with Elvanto! Most times I get a response within minutes. My method of contacting them has been either email or live chat. I also have the option to call the sales rep any time. The software within this web-based, in-the-cloud system is amazing! It does everything! I won't even try to name everything. The list would be massive, but trust me; you won't need to use multiple programs to keep your church in order. Elvanto does not do income/expenses, but I didn't want this feature. I love using QuickBooks Online, which works amazing for our church! The fact that Elvanto is a web-based system (in the cloud) makes it a powerful system with that feature alone. I can manage my church from anywhere and on any device (computer, tablet, smartphone)!! The administrative side of Elvanto is so powerful and the most customizable I have seen yet! And let me mention here again that when I say I've tried many, many other systems, I really have. For a year and a half, I tried many free trials and even bought some programs, only to be let down by either the customer service or the lack of customizing, lack of features, or very limited Member Portals! Every little thing I've thought of while using Elvanto that would be nice to be able to change, I have found that I could customize! Amazing! And I've found customizing possibilities that way exceeded my expectations. With Elvanto, I can manage my entire church effectively, efficiently, and quickly, and I can be just as creative as I want to be! Elvanto will powerfully handle the management of all my people, groups, worship teams, community, volunteers, events, finances (including all our giving, batches, reports, year-end letters, labels, etc.), and so much more! Elvanto has a mass email and mass SMS system that is the best I've found anywhere! Using Reports within Elvanto is amazing! There are many reports already set up, but the ability to customize reports far exceeds anything I've seen! Another great feature is the ability to schedule each service in our church. I can assign the volunteers for that service and they will get notified by email, or I can choose to not have emails sent (they can choose, too), but instead allow them to view their schedules on their very own member portal (another awesome feature I'll mention in a minute). The services feature is wonderful and much more than I can talk about here. Now, the Member Portal was one of the big selling features for me! I wanted to make sure the folks in our church had a place they could come to, stay connected and be aware of announcements, events, a church directory (very customizable), their schedules, and pretty much anything else I want to add to this area! There's also a wonderful calendar I can do anything with! Phenomenal! Our folks are so excited, but probably not as excited as I am because the ease of use and the time this system will save me is a prayer answered! Although I haven't used it yet (I'm still setting things up), Elvanto has a great child check-in system. You can print customized labels for the kids, manage check-ins from any computer or device in your church, and more! Importing data from your old system is a breeze! There are multiple easy and fast ways to do it. And yes, you can export easily if you ever want to, as well. Elvanto also has integrations with other companies to make it an even bigger powerhouse for your church! To name a few, PushPay (online giving right on your website or smartphone that integrates with your giving within Elvanto), Song Select (awesome for the worship team), Mailchimp, Twilio, etc.! Love it! Elvanto is very customizable with colors, backgrounds, your logo, etc. They are even upgrading things to an even better look (which is already wonderful). Well, I could go on and on, but trust me, this is one church management, in-the-cloud system you will want to try! I believe you will love it! And I know it will make running your church easier, more organized, more efficient, and so on, whether you have 50 people or thousands! You'll have more time for the things that really matter: God and the folks at your church and in your community! I thank God for Elvanto! And I think you will too!
March 27, 2015
Adeola M.

“Best ChMS bar none”

OverallI have been a loyal customer with Elvanto since 2014. Before Elvanto I had tried a bunch of other softwares out there but they fell short of what we were trying to accomplish. Some of the more decent ones that we demo-ed like fellowship one and Church Community Builder had tiered pricing that were pretty expensive. When we looked into Elvanto the major things that attracted us were; 1. User friendly interface 2. Robust platform 3. Ridiculously low price The last ChMS we used was so inadequate that we add to subscribe to other services like Planning Center Online, MailChimp, Eventbrite, Trumpia (who by the way are crooks that were billing us without service and have refused to refund our money for two years now) etc, just to accomplish our goal. Since we signed on with Elvanto we no longer need all those other providers. Elvanto is not perfect yet like every other ChMS is not but they work tirelessly to keep bringing out new features. I even asked for a particular feature we wanted to allow members have access to the groups they belong and be able to interact with others within their group through their group page and Elvanto made it happen in a matter of weeks. I have been recommending them to churches in our network and they are loving it. Kudos to all the guys and girls at Elvanto. You keep doing what you are doing and I keep sticking with you guys. God bless you.
Pros1. User friendly interface 2. Robust platform 3. Ridiculously low price 4. Great customer service
ConsMember page still need more work but they have assured meet they are getting to that after rolling out their wonderful event registration feature they have been working on.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you need a software with great ease of use and that can handle all your ministry needs without breaking the bank, then you need Elvanto.
Kennon B.
Music & Tech Leader
October 20, 2016

“A Great, Well Rounded ChMS System!”

OverallThere are positives and negatives to any system. The same is true for Elvanto. I researched a huge number of Church Management Systems, but didn't find anything that fit exactly what we needed. However, I stumbled upon Elvanto. The design & pricing is what originally captured my interest. They have a nice, clean design that is easy to customize to fit your church's color scheme & logo. The pricing is also very competitive, nearly half of what many other systems cost. I signed up for their free trial (which was also paramount). Many ChMS's simply don't offer an easy way to find out how well it will work in your organization. You have to schedule a demo and use demo data in a test instance that doesn't reflect actual data from your organization. This wasn't true for Elvanto, which was refreshing. You get to start with an actual instance and import your real data. Then I had to contact support with a couple questions. I got a detailed reply within a few hours of asking. This is something that I had only gotten prior from Planning Center. Needless to say, I was impressed. That top notch support can make up for a myriad of faults. There are some areas that they still need to work on. They are actively developing a proper event management area with ticketing, etc... and they are constantly trying to improve on their mobile app and many other areas. In the end we decided to go with Elvanto. It works well for most everything that we need, and the things that we need additional help with, they've always been very quick to try and accommodate what we need.
ProsService Planning, People Management, Customizable Reports, Group Management, Check-in System, Top-notch Support, Responsive Design for easy access across all devices
ConsForm Builder can be limiting on available actions after a user submits a form, Reports are super customizable but many built-in reports cannot be saved in an easy to view location, Mobile app is a work in progress
Recommendations to other buyersVisit their Help site (help.elvanto.com). They have a super helpful forum, and support form. Use them. They will help you get the most out of the software as quickly as possible.
Robbie H.
Cultivating Pastor
October 20, 2016

“The best all-round database available - and still on the improve!”

OverallWe signed up for Elvanto early on in terms of their development. They weren't quite as good as CCB as a database, or PCO as a planning tool, but the fact it could do both in the same system made it worthwhile. Since making the decision to switch, we haven't looked back! Elvanto is user friendly, highly adaptable, looks good and is still continually improving. The mobile app still has a way to go to be fully functioning, and event payment still hasn't arrived yet, but I have no doubt that they will be worth the wait. While we as a church still aren't using it to its full capabilities, we are definitely doing things now, that are leading to growth, that wouldn't be possible without Elvanto.
ProsThe fact that it is able to do everything in one program. Rostering, service planning, attendance tracking, people flows, etc. That it's intuitive and looks good (with great a great ability to personalise) and that updates and improvements are coming thick and fast!
ConsThe service planning still lacks a little adaptability in terms of look and feel (compared to PCO) and images still can't be added to nametags. Can also seem like too many configuration options are possible when starting out (people categories, demographics, locations, groups, services) which can make starting a little confusing.
Recommendations to other buyersStart off small and then gradually get your people on board with one function at a time (making great use of the very adaptable access privileges) - communication is key!
Denice W.
Associate Pastor / Administrator
November 7, 2016

“Great Product”

OverallI really enjoy this App. It is web based so able to be accessed anywhere by anyone you chose. Pricing is reasonable and there are so many functions that it s a challenge to use them all efficiently! There is a bit of time involved in the initial set up but well worth it. It is also very user friendly and intuitive. The support guys are constantly improving and updating features and open to suggestions. It combines software like Pastoral Care, Planning Center and Pulse into one integrated platform. ie your database, songs, planning roster and pastoral care with notes and reminders all in one place. Your volunteers can have their own login, volunteer for rosters and communicate directly with their department heads within the app. The security level options allow various levels of access from volunteer to Senior Administrator. You can keep track of groups, training and services and customize for you own specific needs. You can send out emails and link to Mail Chimp and also send out SMS's linked to a provider of your choice from within the app. I love the new feature of being able to add and track Contacts, (as opposed to members), without including them in your payment subscription based on member entries. Contacts are people that you connect with through things like events and youth, that are not usual church goers, but you want to keep them informed of special occasions. It also has financial tracking functions which I think would be handy for very a small church or one in the USA and places where donations are tax deductible. You can also enter pledges and track them. I highly recommend this application and commend Ben and his team for the wonderful work that they are doing.
ProsThe various functionality options and that it is web based so your people can access it from any computer anywhere and reasonably priced.
ConsNothing
Recommendations to other buyersAll your data is stored off site and secure and not dependent on your local network and PC's to remain secure. No more losing everything because your PC dies.
November 7, 2016
Thomas A.
Religious Institutions, Unspecified
October 20, 2016

“Church management with lots of capabilities”

OverallElvanto is really worth while! Our church has moved away from an operation based on numerous Excel sheets and document versions, and has been using Elvanto for the last two years. Just to know that you are looking at the correct version - be it contact information, group schedules or the detailed plan for the next service - has really helped us a lot! We use Elvanto for - LIFE group organization and management - Planning services and large events - Church member and attendees information and management - Managing workflows for New Contacts follow-up - Managing e-mail lists used with MailChimp - Planning and sending out SMS messages - Checking in children to Sunday school ...among other things. Elvanto has a nice REST based API (altough a bit limited) which lets you integrate with other applications and systems. It would seem like Elvanto has not managed to grow their development capability during the last two years. This, unfortunately, results in a reduced ability to develop new features in the pace that customers of online systems demands today. On the other hand, their customer support is fast and accurate. Elvanto responds to their customers and manages to solve reported bugs within hours!
ProsAll basic functionality for church and group management is there. The ability to lock down and manage who sees what of information. Integration with Google calendars.
ConsThe software has world-wide customers and some of the functionality does not make sense everywhere. I had hoped that Elvanto put more effort in making functionality that is flexible and an fully featured API. In this way every church has the ability to ajust the system to their needs.
Douglas T.
Young Adult Pastor
October 10, 2019

“Great tool to help churches be more organized”

OverallWe are solving the issue of ensuring no one falls through the cracks at our church. Being a church of almost 500 people, we could no longer just store information on excel spreadsheets and in our minds. This system helps us to better care for our people. No longer do we need to use multiple google spreadsheets to manage different areas of our church since we do only the managing within the system. In only a few months using the system, we are already seeing a great benefit.
ProsI like that I can both see at a high level how many people are coming to our church, how many people are attending small group, how people are getting engaged, etc. and also drill down into specific people to see how they individually are involved. Getting both a macro and a micro view help pastors to better care for the church as a whole and individual people.
ConsThere is a learning curve to understanding the product, especially since it has a LOT of features. I certainly could not "hit the ground running with it". This also impacts other users. I need to make sure I adequately train users so that they do not make errors while using the system.
October 10, 2019
Lee E.

“We love Elvanto”

OverallWe have been using Elvanto at Gateway Church Geelong now for well over 2 years. Our initial interaction with using Elvanto was during the trial period. The team were highly helpful in helping us transfer over from another PC based program that was locked to one machine. They were able to help with tweaking elements that would have hindered our transition within minutes of making them aware of our challenges. This made it an easy decision to go through the challenge of changing our processes and taking our database online. The final result is this. Elvanto has changed the way that the people in our church interact culturally, personally and as a community. Our teams, groups, database, rostering, has become part of our 'Community Hub'. It's the place where key correspondence is posted, either in blog format on the members home page or via pages that only certain groups, teams or leaders can see in the member area. Being able to filter categories and people groups has changed the way we communicate in a functional way. I could go on forever... the short of it is this. If you are using excel or a primitive software that is locked to one persons computer... just start the trial and email lots in trial period to see the benefits. Your people will end up being better contributors because they are in the loop and included as community.
ProsIts flexibility and the way it supports local church function at any size.
Cons-
Recommendations to other buyersThis software will revolutionise your practice and outcomes.
John T.
Deacon
October 20, 2016

“Very happy with Elvanto cloud based mobile friendly Church Management System”

OverallWe were looking for a church membership database software that was cloud based and mobile friendly so that all our pastoral staff could access it anytime, on the go, from anywhere, on any device, without installing any software. We also needed it to support Chinese characters, and Elvanto was one of the few that worked for us. After signing up for a trial, we found the system super easy to use and very intuitive. The price was very reasonable so we were very comfortable to give it a go and signed on. They are more than just a membership database and over the years we have have steadily used more and more of their features to manage many aspects of our church activities like scheduling volunteers, and planning services. We even managed to use their event management system to handle room and resource bookings. We successfully got our small group leaders to submit reports after every meeting thanks to the very handy email reminders. It is very helpful for our pastoral care staff to assign tasks to follow up. It is very easy to customize to our needs and they keep improving it on a regular basis. Their customer support is very friendly, helpful, and responsive to customer requests and suggestions.
Prosso easy to use that even our most tech averse pastoral staff are able to use it
ConsDifficult to track extended relationships (aunts / uncles / cousins / etc.) beyond the standard family unit
Josh E.
May 23, 2019

“Expansive Church Management System”

ProsTithe.ly purchased Elvanto. I've been an Elvanto client since 2016. I'm a huge fan of the types of reports you can run on this church management platform. It's very easy to create groups to manage people and there are so many integrations with other services.
ConsIt takes a WHILE to import contacts from a previous church management system. A great feature is you can create so many fields on this platform but that requires a lot of detailed work when importing contact cards from a previous platform.
May 23, 2019
Curt S.
August 31, 2019

“Super Easy to Use”

OverallTithely has been a great addition to our online giving mechanism. The forms presented to the user are super clean and easy to use. We have had no major issues at all. Any questions we have had have been answered by the Tithely support people quickly.
ProsTithely makes it easy to track online giving. Users are immediately issued a customizable giving receipt when donations are made. Reports can be run with just a few mouse clicks. There are options for recurring giving, which makes it easy for people to setup automated donations on a recurring basis.
ConsEmails to notify that donations have been received are sent only once per day. These emails contain no details whatsoever how much was given, how many donations were received, etc. Clicking a link in said email is required to view the actual donations. This isn't terrible, and I can see why they did this (for privacy reasons, as well as to keep the admin's inbox from getting cluttered with repetitive emails), but a tad more info, such as the total for the day, would be nice to have.
August 31, 2019
Janel N.
Staff Pastor
October 13, 2017

“Amazing System”

OverallWould love to really implement new integrations to help engage people in new ways and make it easier for volunteers and staff to use Elvanto on the run. An App would be AMAZING that has full function. As well as integrations to elevated reporting dashboards. We would love to build a follow-up app as well that links with Elvanto to make it easy for people to make calls, add notes, tag others while on the run.
ProsGreat customer service and high functionality! We as users have a lot of freedom to manipulate advanced searches and reports to cater to what we need. Top class in that department. Also the reporting functions for groups is amazing.
ConsDoesn't have a full functioning app. Not user friendly for volunteers that are on the run and not working from our church office (for follow-up purposes). Dashboards could be better to show key indicators digitally and graphically inspiring. We don't use Elvanto currently for our rostering, only for database and pastoral/follow-up. We also create all our reports manually based on exported reports on Elvanto. We find the display is just as important and the numbers.
October 13, 2017
Josh W.
Central Administrator
Non-Profit Organization Management, Unspecified
October 19, 2016

“Does Many Things and Does Them All Well”

OverallI love how Elvanto keeps all the things we need in one place. It's easy to use. It's easy to train people on. And you get all the features for one price! Not only does it look beautiful, it actually functions how you want it to. It's easy to set up and run out of the box. Then the more you use it, the more you realize how powerful it is. In church world, you always feel understaffed understaffed. Think of Elvanto like hiring three or four different people to keep track of all the stuff you wish you could keep up with. The customer service is that good. You feel like they're just a part of your team. That's all the things I can think to say. Seriously can not recommend this enough.
ProsIt has all the different systems and one system, but it doesn't feel too big or overwhelming.
Cons The only con is that it's still new so sometimes there are minor bugs or glitches. But they are always really fast to fix them.
Recommendations to other buyers Trust the Elgato team to help you set it up. They really know what they're talking about and understand how churches operate. Since you get everything for the same price, you don't have to worry about them trying to upsell you. So you really can trust their suggestions on how to set it up.
Drew C.
Discipleship Pastor
October 20, 2016

“Elvanto has been a game-changer for our 300+ member church”

OverallWe use Elvanto for database, attendance, assigning contacts, running reports, email, and texting our people. However, the best part about Elvanto is the People Flow concept. Keeping track of people at multiple stages of development with centralized notes has been amazing for us.
ProsThe fact that contact info, group and service attendance, notes, and activity log on each person is available with a few clicks. Running reports, Communicating with people through email and text is great. You can even do an advanced search and get really granular, and then just contact those people with one click. Simple and easy to use. The best part about Elvanto is the People Flow concept. Keeping track of people at multiple stages of development with centralized notes has been amazing for us.
ConsThe user interface for services and volunteering is a bit off par.
Recommendations to other buyersAlways willing to listen and fix problems. Even though they are in Australia and we are in Texas, I've never been stranded by them.

By Tithe.ly on October 20, 2016
Thanks so much for the feedback Drew! I'd love to hear what we can do to improve our services and volunteering interface. If you had time, could you email in your thoughts to support [at] elvanto [dot] com?
Brian R.
Technical Director
October 26, 2016

“Best bang for your buck”

OverallWe chose Elvanto as our Church Management System after looking through dozens of systems and demoing several of them. We are a small church of under 100, so we were looking for something cost effective without sacrificing features. Elvanto had all the features we were looking for and was just within our budget. The key features that made Elvanto stand out and were our deciding factors were service scheduling, volunteer management, and calendar/event management. We also heavily use people management, people flows, and financial tracking, but these features were more common among the systems we tested. We've been using Elvanto for about two years now and we haven't looked back. I've talked with customer support several times and they've always been prompt, polite and eager to help. They're quick to fix any issues we run into and are happy to hear about ideas for adding new features or improving existing ones. I'm happy to recommend Elvanto any time someone asks.
ProsFeature-set, price, customer service
ConsSome features could be improved to be made useful (like calendar/event reporting, printing, and emailing)
October 26, 2016
Wes G.

“Good product”

OverallAs a church plant, we appreciated getting off the ground with this software. It helps you organize your church with service planning, scheduling, groups, and communication. There are a few functions we wish were added, but the team regularly adds greater functionality. It has been extremely reliable with almost zero downtime. We been pleased for the three years we've used it.
ProsFinancial management, scheduling, church directory, awesome introductory price for church plants
ConsIt doesn't currently integrate with our online giving platform (EasyTithe), limited on the groups side with members being able to see and communicate with each other, Some things are difficult to figure out how to customize.
Recommendations to other buyersIt's a good choice.

By Tithe.ly on October 20, 2016
Thanks Wes! We'll be sure to reach out to EasyTithe to see what we can do about integration! We are currently working on message boards for groups in the Member Area and will be adding more features like group search and more. What are the areas you found difficult to customize? I'd love to look to see what we can do. Cheers, Ben
David B.
Assistant Pastor
August 11, 2017

“Tons of features, great customer support, everything you would need in a ChMS at a great price!”

Pros1. Elvanto has a very intuitive admin interface (similar to Wordpress). It's very easy to navigate and full of features. 2. Elvanto features many integrations with other services, such as Songselect, Proclaim, Mailchimp and Tithely, all of which we use at our church. 3. Elvanto gives you the ability to add endless custom fields for each person. These become useful for generating just about any kind of report. 4. Elvanto's customer support is fantastic. They respond quickly and with detailed and clear information. 5. It's great for scheduling volunteers (like a worship team, or nursery workers). 6. It's great for keeping track of attendance, and following up with new people, 7. The Elvanto team is constantly making improvements and working on new features. 8. Elvanto lets you create event registration forms, that allow you to add registrants to your database. That is helpful for follow-up.
ConsThe mobile app could use some more of the admin functionality. Also, without 'conditional logic' (like Gravity Forms or Ninja forms) the Elvanto registration forms can be limiting for certain types of events.
August 11, 2017
Aaron E.
Lead Pastor
June 9, 2017

“We have loved this software. They are great about adding new features to make this great. ”

ProsWe love the ability to customize user log-in. We can add different users with different amount of accessibility into areas of the software. Also we focus a lot on being able to pastor people. We can add categorizes of notes. This helps us track and note where people are at. We can also add custom fields to in their profile to track spiritual growth. We switched to this program and have been thoroughly satisfied. This was also a great price software for church databases.
ConsIt is a little difficult with customer service cause they are an Australian company so at times the time difference for us in the US is hard to maneuver. The only other con we have found is the graphic appeal of customizing forms and mass email. This is something they are aware of. They have already made improvements since we have used their service.
June 9, 2017
Tim A.
Families Minister
October 24, 2016

“Great product, good support. ”

OverallWe've been using elvanto for the past 4 years, and found that overall it is a really well rounded and useful church database. Whilst its a fairly steep learning curve to setup (i.e. access permissions, departments, groups, locations, service types!), once its going it takes care of may of the people admin tasks that churches have. Tech Support are very fast to respond and always happy to help. Our main uses are: * Compliance (i.e. accurate record keeping and reporting for WWCC's etc * Giving leaders access to the info they need (access permission are quite powerful here) * Events & Registrations * Church member "intranet" so that the main website is outsider focussed * Service planning & rostering * Communications (email, sms) * Followup reporting and Pastoral care CMS It still lacks some desirable features (i.e. integrated event payment facilities [coming!], advanced reporting logic, advanced form logic, clunky files system), but update and new features are regularly rolled out, and often the result of user requests (we've had a few of our wishes granted... eventually!).
Melissa H.
SNR Pastor
October 19, 2016

“Fantastic Program - Changed the way we do church”

OverallWe switched to elvanto about 3 yrs ago, until then we had used several other programs which we ended up just using very basic functions of storing details of congregation members. Over the past few years we have grown from a 200+ church to 400 + members. I have to say that elvanto has grown with us. The ease of use and functionality has been great as a smaller church and also now as we grow. With elvanto we quickly realised this program is super easy to use and our members enjoy the features it offers (rostering, event rsvp's etc). We are now using elvanto across our church from runsheets, rosters and email to pastoral care notes, events, calendars and group management. Elvanto has always answered cries for help quickly and any issues we have is usually because we've pushed the wrong button and happen very occassionally It truly has changed the way we manage our church database runsheets and services. Thankyou!
Prosrostering, notes, calendar management, online event rsvps, ease of use
Consoccassional glitch but very rare
Jon G.
Senior Minister

“Elvanto leads the pack”

OverallElvanto doesn't have every feature I want, but it has more than most, and everything it does, it does well. From the parish directory to rostering to service planning, it has a solid Web 2.0 interface that minimizes the need for training. It integrates with key products like SongSelect and bulk SMS providers, and its API allows handy customizations. What won me over was the ability to just upload an existing contacts database to test it out. No other product at the time was that open and flexible - Elvanto was a no-brainer for future-proofing our church systems.
ProsWeb 2.0 interface. Billed for the number of members, not for community contacts. Handy integrations with other products. Core features of church life are handled well.
ConsConfusing variety of ways to attach files to songs and services. API is missing some key features for service planning.
Recommendations to other buyersThere are cheaper (and free) products, but this is best product in the space right now
Andrew Y.
Operations
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
October 19, 2016

“Church Management made easy! ”

OverallI reviewed quite a number of church management tools, and Elvanto was by and far the best tool that we came across. Since we've implemented Elvanto, rostering our volunteers, managing our events and services has been so much easier! Our church volunteers love using Elvanto too. Now they can't imagine doing ministry without it!
ProsExtremely flexible and very well thought out. From small groups, to rostering, even integration with CCLI. Elvanto covers all areas within a church.
ConsNot many cons, but if I need to add something here then in the reporting section, we require the information in some specific ways. We weren't able to get it to produce the reports that we would like, so we've had to use some work arounds.
Recommendations to other buyersGive it a try. It does take a little while to setup but it is worth it.
bruce m.
IT Service Delivery Manager
Utilities, 1001-5000 employees
October 19, 2016

“Elvanto offer a great product supported by very helpful and responsive service.”

OverallThe Elvanto product is very suited to medium and larger churches. It offers very flexible configurations and supports people, services, events, volunteers and music teams very well. In rare cases where additional functions are required, it can be extended if required through a very flexible API. The support staff are very responsive and willing to help resolve problems, or propose enhancements. The product continues to improve and many requests for features have been incorporated.
ProsIt is very easy to use and has all the features that a medium to large church needs. It is reliable and doesn't cost much for what it does.
ConsNone worth mentioning.
Recommendations to other buyersIf a church is using spreadsheets and a standalone product on an office PC to manage their church they should seriously consider switching to elvanto.
Kirsten K.
Children's Pastor
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1001-5000 employees
July 17, 2016

“Awkward and difficult”

OverallAfter a year of searching for an "all inclusive" church management software, we landed on Elvanto. Unfortunately, it's been difficult to implement, not user-friendly, and most of the features we look for ended up being such long processes it's never really stuck. Support is a timezone away and many of our issues come back with a "not our fault." 3 years in, and we've had so many bad experiences that half our staff team is unwilling to even try to make it work anymore. This may be a one-stop-shop, but without serious tech experience on your staff, and a high commitment level from the users, it's just not worth it.
Pros[Should be] everything in one: it was meant to get rid of the myriad of different systems we used for child checkin, accounting, communications, booking venues, and volunteer follow up... They recommend having a dedicated technician for the first 2 years full-time to help integrate. I can see why, but that's just not in our (or many church) budgets, and without it we just couldn't seem to get off the ground.
ConsChild checkin: only supports one printer (the most expensive & most glitchy), doesn't work well with Macs, couldn't get the iPad/tablet system to work at all, and tech support was pretty slim. After 3 years, parents still aren't used to the system (not intuitive). Bookings: allows users to double book spaces without flagging problems to an overseers - people assume since they "booked it" it's fine, but program just puts duplicate entries rather than denying access. Accounting: after a month of training, our accountants vetoed using the software, saying it was too complicated and didn't accomplish their needs. Volunteer management: allows for some management, if you have a consistent team. If your team changes weekly, then you might as well just email them yourself - there's no nice solution for this.
Recommendations to other buyersUnles you are a high-tech savvy church, with solid tech support and a firm commitment to push through the learning curve, don't bother. There are simpler systems out there that do the job as well or better.

By Tithe.ly on October 19, 2016
Sorry to hear about your bad experience Kirsten. It really sounds like our customer support was lacking in your case as some of the issues you have faced (like setting up multiple check-in printers and getting them to work) should be easy to sort out. At this stage we are stuck with DYMO label printers (those expensive ones you mentioned) simply because other label printers don't have good web support. We are keeping an eye on the other manufacturers and will integrate with them as soon as we can! Bookings I believe we did have a bug where it wasn't bringing up conflicts but this has been fixed since. We're constantly improving and fixing any bugs that appear. Accounting is not something we fully support. We focus on tracking giving and let proper accounting software to handle that side of things. We plan to create some integrations though. Lastly volunteer management. We've recently released scheduling preferences that should help make it easier to manage volunteers.
July 17, 2016
Kayla K.
Administrative Assistant
October 20, 2016

“A growing company with excellent customer service!”

OverallOur church has used Elvanto as our primary church management system for nearly three years at this point, and we love it! They have a great customer service team. They are always working to improve and expand their services and functionality. They truly listen to the needs of their customers and do their best to meet them. There is of course a learning curve to find the best ways that it fits into your church's needs, but they really do a great job offering solutions for everything from volunteer schedules and check in (for kids and volunteers) to small group managment and tracking church members through classes.
ProsAlways growing, flexible, well designed, reliable
ConsCustomer service is offered based on Australian time zones (but this really isn't a problem for me 98% of the time)
Spencer S.
June 7, 2017

“It has been so easy to use, provides the functions that we need and customer support is excellent.”

OverallWe were able to pastor our people better by knowing who they were and what they needed. the notes option is extensive and very helpful. It is a great benefit to our organization.
ProsCustomization! We can make just about anything look the way we want it to. We can add different things to profiles, link them with Social Media, and if we had issues customer service was always on top of getting us what we needed in a very timely manner.
ConsIt is difficult at times to find what you're looking for based on the titles within heading/main page names (specifically groups and who falls into that or departments).
Caleb B.
Student Pastor
June 7, 2017

“Elvanto is a great software that emphasizes the importance of real people.”

ProsThe relational aspect of Elvanto has been extremely helpful. I'm a pastor that uses this software with the church and keeping up with people is the most important thing for our team. We want to keep track of people, but we also want to know what's going on in their lives. Elvanto gives our team the opportunity to share with each other notes about people we've connected with during the week. This is extremely helpful for us to keep each other up to date with what's going on in people's lives in our community.
ConsThis software doesnt have many downsides, but an issue would be the service programming. It just takes a few extra steps to do certain things like add notes for a specific department within that service. Sometimes just the organization of creating a service with different elements seems like it could be simpler.
Angela D.
Church Administrator
October 25, 2016

“Great product for building & managing church contacts!”

OverallI've been using Elvanto since early 2015 and have been the primary person responsible for building/maintaining our church's database. While there are a few features that seem counterintuitive, I've found the customer service to be excellent and highly responsive. The team works hard to meet customer's needs and they offer training to make sure you know how to use all the available features. They're continually updating and improving, and I'm regularly finding new ways that Elvanto can streamline my job as a church administrator and ministry director!
ProsFriendly and knowledgable customer service; very powerful software once you learn how to use it!
ConsCertain minor features don't work as expected; there is a learning curve.
Recommendations to other buyersTry the free account - it allows a small number of contacts and you can go through the tutorials to set up your account and see if it's right for you!
October 25, 2016
Joel V.
Worship Pastor
Music, 1-10 employees
October 20, 2016

“Flexible, Scalable and Affordable”

OverallElvanto has solved a ton of IT problems we had within our organization. It has centralized many areas that needed to be centralized. We still have many opportunities to maximize the resources and features Elvanto offers. It's grown with us from being a small church plant to now a medium sized church. It's awesome to know that it is ahead of us from an innovation perspective rather than behind us.
ProsEase of use and ability to scale.
ConsThe time it took to have a solid mobile platform.
Recommendations to other buyersKeep innovating and helping our churches grow for the kingdom. .
Patrick B.
IT Support
October 20, 2016

“Took our local church to the next level.”

OverallRecommended by staff from another local church, we took the trial on and were given excellent customer support from Elvanto both online and on the phone. Our music team took to the rostering and song management right away. Church member record management is now a breeze, freeing up admin staff and the Pastors for other tasks. Great price points are providing excellent value as our church grows. SMS and Emails to groups and/or the whole church take seconds. Automatic reporting i.e. who's having a birthday in the next few weeks emailed the elders was easy to setup. As was the addition custom fields. Highly recommended.
ProsOnline/Cloud Based
ConsTakes a bit to train church members in the use of the rostering system
September 25, 2019

“Great way to take payments from our church website”

OverallWe were able to add a seamless donor experience to our site and allow people to give from phones, helping to grow out giving by removing barriers.
ProsI liked that I could integrate payment options seamlessly into our website, without sending the donor to a separate site. I was able to adjust colors to match our colors to ensure a seamless experience.
ConsWhen using the app the user is directed outside the app for payment; seems like it would be simple (maybe not?) to build the ability to keep it in the app.
September 25, 2019
Dan K.

“Fantastic resource!”

OverallAs a church, we've benefitted greatly from using Elvanto. It has definitely helped streamline and centralise a lot of our administration and management. The system itself has heaps going for it, but we're also really glad to choose something based in Australia. Elvanto is really easy to use and has heaps of helpful support articles for any questions that might come up. The team are also very quick to respond to help requests or suggestions. The recent UI update has been much appreciated too. As far as features go, Elvanto offers a broad variety and only sometimes does that come at the cost of depth. For example, the Worship Service management doesn't fully measure up to some of the other options out there, but it certainly does everything it needs to. I always find that what might be lacking in advanced customisation is made up for in usability and consistency. I left a star off value for money, not so much because it is bad value, but because it would be nice to have the option to choose less features and save some money (as some of the others systems offer). Overall, you get a great tool for the cost, but when there's a number of features you don't use, it would be nice to just opt out of them. Some features I'd love to see one day: a social space for church members to connect; a fuller-featured app that incorporates this community connection; and a resource for church meetings (agendas, minutes, attachments, etc.) Ultimately, I have and would recommend Elvanto to any church looking to start using a church management system. Great job, guys!
Richard M.
Religious Institutions, 501-1000 employees
November 21, 2018

“Best Church Software”

OverallAfter trying other softwares like Fellowship One and others that were super complicated we tried Elvanto and we are amazed at the way Elvanto has helped us manage our church. This software is super complete and easy, the best of it is that is very customizable.
ProsElvanto is one of the best Church Software there is. Our whole team love what Elvanto does and how we can keep track of our members growth and progress on our church process and vision.
ConsI wish their app interface was more complete and had more functionalities,
November 21, 2018
Education Management, 11-50 employees
October 9, 2018

“Gets all our team on one page”

OverallOur team and Pastors love the workflows and day to day use after it's setup
ProsWe love that it's fully online, in the cloud Easy to make custom fields Smartphone apps SMS text support for Australia Automatic notifications to fill out attendance reports
ConsA little "clunky" in some features Permissions a little confusing at times
October 9, 2018
David O.

“Solid and simple”

OverallA solid and simple church database with some really good features. It has helped us tremendously in getting people organised and in the flow of church life. There always seems to be a way of extracting the information you need, even if it isn't always obvious. Overall, we are really pleased our church is on Elvanto.
ProsEase of use. Practical features for organising church life.
ConsNot always intuitive, but solutions are usually workable.
Jon A.
Business Administrator / Campus Pastor
11-50 employees

“Love this software!”

OverallElvanto continues to provide more and more functionality. Bang for buck compared to the other two major players in the ChMS market, they have the best product for us.
Proscompetes with most other ChMS with great functionality.
ConsLack of mobile app / Inability to filter giving statements to people with "home address" or "mailing address" - and also the lack of ability to print statements based on total household giving threshhold. Inability to take multiple actions on forms instead of just one action per form.
K E.
PA/Admin

“Elvanto 100%”

OverallWe use Elvanto to manage the background of our church - small groups, rosters, calendar, events, registrations, member database, etc. It is excellent. Powerful, easy to use and loads of features. We have been using it for over a year and I don't even feel we've cracked all of it's potential. Customer service is fantastic. I always get a reply either instantly to within a couple of hours. I compared for months to other software and this one came out on top.
ProsLook, features, ease of use
Recommendations to other buyersHave two super users because there is lot to train if one leaves.
Michaels A.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

“Elvanto Proud”

OverallWhen we first started using Elvanto, we were generously given 1year to test the software as a new church. This helped us to evaluate our options and harness the opportunity Elvanto provided. Since we started using Elvanto we have not considered a different product given that the platform meets our needs. Nevertheless it would more valuable to see a few more features included as part of the package, like SMS inclusion, chat/Call app integration, project management app integration and a fully functional mobile interface. With such inclusions Elvanto is sure to set a standard other similar software look up to. Besides, I believe Elvanto is a brilliant software and the team are doing an amazing job.
ProsDesigned with the church at heart
ConsNo sms inclusions, cost is less competitive
Recommendations to other buyersSee previous comments on page 1
Nelson A.
Administrator
November 4, 2016

“Useful online church membership database ”

OverallWe've found consolidating our service, contacts and calendar management into one database has been very beneficial. Members use the site and the calendar flows into our website, we're also able to modify and create our own fields to manage volunteer training. The only frustration is the lack of functionality for printing a nice contact list with photos.
November 4, 2016
Simon P.

“A great all-rounder”

OverallFor a small church like us, Elvanto provides an excellent all-round database with many functions that are not usually found within the same software (e.g. people AND songs AND children).
ProsWise range of features.
ConsReports and outputs are not always very easy to make user-friendly and human-readable.
Rohan W.
Technical Director
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
October 19, 2016

“Great system, great support”

OverallWe have been using Elvanto for a number of years now and have been very happy with it. The team are very helpful and have always looked after us. Highly recommend Elvanto.
ProsGreat feature set, Easy to use
ConsCould use more API functionality to expand the platform for larger churches with specific requirements.
Kristy S.
Lead Pastor
Religious Institutions, 501-1000 employees
April 19, 2017

“A Quality Product”

OverallI have been administering Elvanto across 5 locations now for close to 4 years. All locations have differing needs and we have found a great deal of flexibility within this program. During this time we have seen Elvanto grow rapidly but in all this time never has their been any compromise in the level of customer service or the quality of a program they provide. I have found the team extremely approachable and always willing to help. I am confident that they are continually reviewing the product and enhancing it for the benefit of their customers. Would happily recommend this product to other churches.
ProsEnd user usability.
ConsLimitations with Access Permissions
Recommendations to other buyersLove that the team is local and support is fast and friendly.
April 19, 2017
Andy B.
Assistant Minister
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
October 23, 2016

“Excellent church management software”

OverallGreat software that really enhances our ministry with church membership, service preparation and church communication. Behind the software is a great team who respond very timely to questions, and suggestions. I've used one of the other big church management systems and much prefer Elvanto! Thanks Elvanto.
October 23, 2016
Salena B.
Administrative Assistant
October 20, 2016

“Excellent Product & Service”

OverallWe are a new church plant and having been using Elvanto for over a year now. It does everything we need it to do from keeping peoples information to scheduling volunteers to financial tracking to kids check in. If we ever have a question, the support team is there and responds with a thorough explanation. One of the best church management programs I have used!
ProsAll the modules are amazing!
ConsOur team doesn't like the service programming aspect so they use planning center
Danielle C.
Administrator

“Work in progress”

OverallElvanto has been a good tool for our church and our ministries. We do find many items, Elvanto is a few steps behind in implementation. Our first hand examples, are 1. use of forms and linking children, youth parents in demographic settings and groups. 2. Check-in printing of labels parents v children, 3. payment for events and registration through either events in the calendar and forms. 4. pulling reports All of our topics we have submitted to customer support and we do get responses quickly. Not all topics are fixable immediately and we are often told the team is working on it.
ProsIt has practical usage for tracking attendees and volunteers as well as service planning.
ConsOther functionality needs work. AS stated in my previous comments on the first page.
Recommendations to other buyersWhen implementing upgrades, consider 100 steps ahead. Ex: Forms and events are excellent in theory but you cannot accept payment. Reports are ok, but cannot be compared side by side and not all data inputted is accessible in reports. Check-in printing of labels is all or nothing. Cannot check in a whole family and only print child labels with 1 parent security label.
Pete H.
Assistant minister

“Great, simply great”

OverallI have used this in a small church and now a large church. Works well in both. Great product. One thing that would make things better is a project management module.
ProsEase of use
ConsReports are a bit clumsy and need some work
Recommendations to other buyersA project management tool like Trello would help.