ChurchTrac Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.7/5
4.9/5

About ChurchTrac

Our passion is equipping churches to do better ministry. ChurchTrac is a powerful tool that enables you to keep up with your membership, improve communication, and organize your team and ministry. We've included everything you need, including contribution tracking, online giving, child check-in, attendance tracking, budgeting and accounting, congregation access, and much more. Perhaps our most impressive feature is our price. Create a free account and discover why thousands of churches trust us. Learn more about ChurchTrac

Corrine S.
Administrative Assistant
September 12, 2019

“Great Church Management System Option”

OverallChurchTrac has and continues to be capable of everything we needed and most of what we want. ChurchTrac's navigation is fairly straightforward, which is great, and their support posts tend to be helpful for everything that's not straightforward. ChurchTrac is capable of more than what we are using it for - which equates to some good goals for us to move towards things we COULD be doing. Customer service has been efficient when it is needed as well.
Pros-Compared to what we were using, ChurchTrac is much easier to use! -The ease of getting new users familiar with the basics -Ability to personalize quite a few reports and exports for multiple uses -Overall ability to edit and find information -Customer support is rather efficient and helpful
Cons-Some things really need some digging to find, but they can be found -Some personalizing would/has require an outside coding expert, but that is to be expected with what ChurchTrac is (want to make it so your child check-in is fool proof? you might need a coding expert) -Wish it integrated MORE with services like MailChimp (more than exporting to MailChimp), but ChurchTrac is transparent in what it does. This isn't unexpected.
September 12, 2019
George S.
May 10, 2019

“Great Church Membership Software”

OverallI have been able to do keep up the information, set up records, print reports, communicate with members, print out yearly contribution reports, etc. I do not have a church secretary to take care of this information for me so I have to do it myself. I love having this software. To be totally frank, it offers much more than I am able to utilize. My goal is to learn even more of what it provides and enjoy additional benefits.
ProsI am a pastor of a small church and had never been able to afford the "big church software" products. When I discovered ChurchTrac I found a great treasure of opportunities at a very affordable price. First of all, the product is simple to use. As with all programs it takes time to set up the membership information but after that it is very easy to keep the information up to date. The home screen shows the names and dates of those who are having birthdays soon. The People Screen is easy to use, allowing you to see member information. It is very easy to edit the information as needed. From the People Screen you can click on the Tab for Messaging. For a very reasonable price, I am able to select a small group, active members, everyone listed, etc. and then send up to a one minute recorded message. This has been a huge blessing for our church. I record the message and it is immediately sent out to those selected. I can remind them of upcoming events, things they need to remember, etc. The Attendance Screen is great. I can print out dated roll sheets for Sunday School, missions groups, Worship Service, etc. You are even able to allow members to check in via a tablet or touch screen monitor. This incredible software even includes an accounting screen and payroll. I use ChurchTrac online and can access it easily from any computer, smart phone, or tablet! The cost depends on the size of the congregation. We could afford it even as a small church! Check it out!
ConsMy preference has always been to call for tech support when I have an issue. ChurchTrac does not offer tech support by phone initially. You must send and email with a description of the problem and wait until they respond. I have utilized this free service several times. I always get a response and the information I need.
May 10, 2019
Roy H.
Deacon
Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
February 26, 2019

“Easy to use and Economical Church Membership Software”

OverallIn my opinion, at this time, ChurchTrac is the best replacement program for my old computer based system. With the cloud based program I can let other Church leaders have access to the information and improve our ministry to our members. I'm a Deacon and this program really can help us with our Deacon Family Ministry Plan. The cost is really great also. We're not a large church and finances are always a concern. Another feature I think will be advantageous is having our data in the cloud. I won't have to worry about keeping the system backed-up. I searched and reviewed several other programs before deciding on ChurchTrac. In my opinion, this is the best program for the money.
ProsI liked most the ease of learning the software. I took time to enter all of our Church members into the trial version of the database because I wanted to learn the software. By the time I had entered all names (about 200) I was amazed just how much I had learned to navigate the database. I ran all types of reports, tried everything that I thought I would use and I was very happy with the results. I also communicated with customer support and their response was excellent. I won't be using all of the features in the beginning but it's nice to have those extras in case I need them in the future. I also liked the Archive feature. This allows me to place those members who haven't been to Church in many years or have joined another Church (and did not communicate that to us) in a separate area. This helps keep our membership roll clutter free. The capability of bringing these archived members back into the database is extremely important. Their data is still in the system and if we ever bring them back on the Church roll, it's just a matter of updating their information. One more like. The price is excellent. I'm purchasing this software for our Church from my own monies. I have kept the membership roll for many years on an old computer based program. The person that wrote that software is no longer updating the program so I'm sure it will fail to operate in the future as technology changes. Thank you ChurchTrac for an economical database to keep up with Church membership.
ConsThere were a few features that I got used to in the old computer based program that I was using, that was either not possible with ChurchTrac or difficult to make happen. One was a neat little directory of members (5" x 8 1/2" when printed and the paper cut in half). This was the perfect size to fit in your Bible or purse. All our members liked the size. However since playing with the reports on ChurchTrac and communicating with the support team, I have finally figured out how to print a report that is exactly that size. It's a little more work than my old program but, the result is the same. Another feature that is lacking (in my opinion) is the numbering of the pages of the reports. This is very handy when your print the reports that are multiple pages and are assembling them. I think each report should have page numbers. One more dislike. I think all reports should have the total number of members, on that report, at the end of the report. Say, on the last page at the bottom. This would help greatly when someone asks for a total.
February 26, 2019
David C.
March 20, 2018

“Great Product... will grow with your church - Used at a previous church and just got for new church”

ProsIf you are a small church that needs a good online database that doesn't break the bank, this is it. There are numerous features that you can choose what fits your particular ministry and have everything in one area... instead of needing 4-5 different programs to do it all. One of the best things is that you can add more and more names and then simply pay to upgrade to the next level as your church grows, so you don't have to waste money for a database of 1,000 if you only have 70 in your church currently! But (hopefully) as your church grows, you will have the finances to have the program expand with you. I also enjoy ChurchTrac as a pastor, because I can log in on my phone or iPad from wherever I am making a visit to add notes about the visit. We have also added multiple volunteers users who want to help make visits, send cards, make phone calls, etc who can add notes when they do so; there are great restriction capabilities available, so I can allow volunteers access to these note areas without allowing them access to giving records or more confidential pastoral counseling notes. We have also integrated this into our children's ministry/nursery area and purchased a Dymo label printer to give each child a name badge upon check in with emergency phone numbers and allergy warnings. Finally, the congregation access is awesome, so everyone can update their own information or get their own giving records whenever they would like to check!
ConsA few of the reporting features are somewhat limited and not able to be as customized as I would like, but this is such a minor issue compared to all the Pros that it's hardly worth mentioning... but it was a required field so I had to come up with something. I did have an issue when I wanted to add more volunteer users, but it was fixed within an hour of opening the ticket due to their AMAZING customer service!
March 20, 2018
Jeremy P.
Worship Director
November 10, 2016

“ChurchTrac Online - good value for money, not perfect but does most of what you need to do”

OverallWe switched to this software from PowerChurch, which is old and outdated. The difference was huge. Compared to outdated software like that, this software is very easy and enjoyable to work with. However, I also tried out Breeze, which is significantly better than ChurchTrac from what I could see. Their pricing is a flat rate, however, so for a small church like ours ChurchTrac provided more value.
Pros1) Very easy to use 2) A good amount of functionality 3) Above all, the price is better than other online options I found 4) Mobile website works quite well - the online functionality is a big plus for any church who is not already using an online database
ConsI have not had the best experience with their support people. Getting our database integrated into ChurchTrac was a bit of a hassle, it took us a while to do as we are a smaller church without a ton of staff resources to dedicate to this. We were constantly losing access to the database because our free trial had ended and it was time to pay for a software that we weren't even sure we would use. They did always extend our trial but it was a hassle and I felt like we were under the gun for taking so long. The biggest thing was that at one point the support person made a significant mistake in what she communicated to me, and rather than apologizing for that mistake, she told me it would cost our church a fee to re-import the database. Eventually that charge was waived, but there was never any admission of that mistake or apology at all. The software is also not very customizable for some features. In order to print tax receipts that look official and properly formatted, our accountant is having to download csv files and merge them together in Word. Similarly the calendar isn't very usable, because you can't sync it with your mobile calendar app. To use the calendar on mobile you'd have to log in to the mobile website, which is a lot of extra steps for a common task. Instead we are using google calendars so that we can sync all of our calendars together and use our mobile calendar apps, and then we are syncing those calendars one way with the church trac calendar, and then printing it from Microsoft Outlook, cause that's the only software that seems capable of printing a readable calendar. This all took a lot of time to set up. But now it is working very nicely. There should be a mobile app. I'm not usually one to use apps for something that can be done in a browser, but it would be nice to not have to constantly log in on your phone. An app could just stay logged in so that access is much quicker. I'm not sure if other database software like Breeze offers this option though.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are a larger church (500+) I would go with Breeze. For smaller churches you will probably find that ChurchTrac is a much better value, but be prepared to spend a lot of time getting it set up if you are picky about how your tax receipts and calendars work.
November 10, 2016
Terri T.
Pastor's wife :) support person, computer etc
May 16, 2017

“affordable easy to use program with incredible features and great support! You won't be disappointed”

OverallThis software will make our church more excellent in serving God.
ProsWe have used this program for a year and love it. We use it to track our membership, attendance, finances and calendaring, but there is much more to it. They recently had an upgrade, we were concerned we would not like it, but wow! This is what you call an upgrade! It is even easier to learn and navigate. It has so many new features, I haven't even learned then all yet. I appreciate that members can access and update their own profile when you give them a code, and the church can control what parts of the membership list members can view. They can also see the calendar and their donation info. We haven't used it yet, but there is a child checkin system with access to info about childrens' allergies, special needs, etc. And all of our favorite features are still there. Easily accessed from anywhere online. I write this review to thank the support staff and creators of this program and with the hope that other churches will try it. We could never afford these features in our small but growing church. This will help us to do a better job in serving our congregation. And if you think, well I don't like that there is not a number to call for help, let me tell you that with just a tiny slice of patience to write them a message, you will receive excellent, courteous, and easily understood accurate information to dove ant issue or question you have. Folks, this is a truly Christian organization in my opinion.
May 16, 2017
Tommy S.
January 11, 2018

“Easy to use software that allows us to manage the resources entrusted to us as a Church.”

Overall360 accounting, member management, communication & growth tracking per member/guest, giving management, fund management, streamline budgeting and financial reports, member text to give, recurring giving, I can go on and on we are very pleased with this software and the company they stand behind their product and offer amazing support even if you make mistakes they are there to help you correct them. I tell all of my ministry friends about Chruchtrac. We are relatively a small church with a limited staff but having ChurchTrac in our corner empowers us to function wiser and be more effective.
Prosimple to use and everything we needed to accurately track expenses, giving, and payroll as well as budget and financial statements. The customer service and support is unsurpassed. Not only that but when you do reach out they treat you with respect every step of the way without making you feel inferior due to your lack of knowledge or understanding in accounting or technology. Volunteers have really enjoyed using the program which makes life easy all the way around and it is by far less expensive than a lot of the other "names" out there... you will not regret utilizing this software/program for your church or nonprofit's needs.
ConsThere is no application for mobile use; however, the site adjusts perfectly to every device I have logged in from. The text to give function works once your member goes to the member site on your website and gets it set up. It would be better if any person could text to a specific # to Text N Give but overall it is still amazing that you get all of this functionality for the cost and top notch support!
January 11, 2018
Donna W.
Secretary/Treasurer
January 19, 2017

“Excellent Company to deal with”

OverallI have been with Church Trac for years, using the desktop, I just went online version Monday, and with all the excellent help and replies so quick, I was able to get to work with it. The features I havent' learned the all, but I am trying each day to get on and work on something, and find things on there that is very helpful.. Love the front page with reminders and birthdays coming up, that will be a great help to me since I am in charge of sending out cards and all... I was hesitant of going online with this, but I took the jump, and glad I did. If you were to get this program from some one else, it would cost you a fortune, for the price I cannot believe it... I am sure God is into this company and people working there...
ProsI love the front page with dates, reminders and notes and all...I know I am really going to like when I use the message phone, I will love it will show who got it and didn't, having so many complaints, from people at church with the old one, not getting the message, so now I will know..
ConsI have to get use the giving page, typing in letters, and names popping, on old program names easier to get to, but I am sure I will get the hang of it..
Recommendations to other buyersI just have to say, it is a great program and the people are great to talk to, and help you out... God is in this program, and I am sure they are Godly people that work there.
January 19, 2017
Alex H.
June 3, 2018

“ChurchTrac is an EXCELLENT resource that is unequaled and unrivaled for the cost.”

ProsChurchTrac offers similar capabilities to the "bigger names" at a fraction of the cost. Having the ability to integrate with MailChimp, have accounting and budgetary functions, can limit access to selected modules (i.e., accounting and giving), provide congregational access, and automate functions reduces the time staff must spend on the computer while increasing our ability to be with people. The fact ChurchTrac can provide the same capabilities as others but at a much lower cost serves to reflect they truly have a heart for churches and ministry. It is not just talk with ChurchTrac. The support staff is wonderful and quick to provide help or answer questions. We have never once regretted our decision to trade a "big name" CMS for ChurchTrac! I only wish we found them at the time we planted out church and used them from the beginning. If we had, it would have saved a significant amount of money to which we could have applied to ministry.
ConsThis is certainly NOT a complaint, but a reflection of our reality. Integration with outside platforms is limited. We joined the ChurchTrac family with certain accounts already established and chose not to change those relationships. Maintaining these relationships caused us to sometimes do duplicative work. Having identified the limitations of limited integrations, I have found the ChurchTrac staff always willing to receive and entertain ideas for future additions.
June 3, 2018
Tommy S.
August 9, 2018

“A Church Management Software & Support that actually does what it says... simply.”

OverallThis software is very easy to learn. I pastor and work full time and was able to pick up on how to set it up and use it a lot quicker than a couple of the other bigger names we have tried including one that we paid over that was never used b/c it was just too complicated for someone other than a CPA. One of the other great things about ChurchTrac is that it is affordable for all size congregations and as you grow the software grows with you. Every interaction with ChruchTrac support has been amazing.
ProsEasy to learn. Easy to teach volunteers. Simple and accurate form of accounting. Budget creation. Various built in reports that allow you to monitor income and expenses quickly. Fund accounting. Member access portal to view events and their giving statement/pledge progress. The ability to archive inactive members or guests so that it does not count towardOnline help documentation and 24hour turn around on support tickets.
ConsThey do not have 24 hour support. When we have had a problem or I fail to understand something the online help and support ticket system has been flawless. The software exceeds our expectations and as of yet we have not experienced any real negatives.
August 9, 2018
Tim P.
May 13, 2016

“Game Changer”

OverallI would recommend ChurchTrac to any church...of any size. I have worked with Quicken, Quickbooks, Power Church, as well as ACS, and ChurchTrac is by far the most user friendly and easy to use. I now pastor a small church in Salt Lake City. When I first arrived, they were using Quicken. Quicken can be manipulated to work with a small church but is so limited in what it can do. We had somebody using Excel to keep track of attendance. The Financial Secretary created his own Excel spread sheet to keep track of giving, and the treasurer making her own to keep track of the different designated funds. We were referred to Power Church. We tried for 2 year to make it work (went through personal tutoring from Power Church, and even hired a CPA for a day to help us) but we had no confidence in the software. We continued to use Quicken the whole time and were so afraid we couldn't teach anybody new how to use the program when we didn't know how too. This is not to say that Power Church isn't good in the right setting, but we were clearly not that right setting. That is when I found ChurchTrac. It reminds me of that little car that is packed with all the technology of the big luxury car. It does everything. In one little program, if I wanted to, I can track attendance, giving, budget, payroll, accounting, spiritual shape of the people, birthdays, calendar events, blast out emails or texts, and so much more. I can do all this through my computer, tablet, or smart phone, and so can anybody else, depending on their permission level who has permission to do so because it is all on a secure cloud. Even church members can have access to the program from where they are to get contact info (Names, Numbers, Addresses) for other members, calendar events, update their profile, or see their giving history for the year. And the best part of this whole program...I set the whole thing up myself for the entire church with no help and have also helped other churches do the same. Their help tab within the program walks you step by step through the whole setup process with pictures and if I have ever needed anything from a personal touch, I always had my issue resolved within the hour. They have been quick and thorough. The extent of what I know about computers is "control alt delete" and "restart". I can honestly say 2 things: If I can do it, so can you, and If you get this program...you and your entire church will love it.
May 13, 2016
Joy R.
Office Administrator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
September 30, 2019

“Wonderful Program.”

OverallThis software is a pleasure to use. It is highly visual and intuitive. Switching from our more cumbersome program was a huge relief.
ProsChurchTrac is so much easier to use than our previous church management software. It is very intuitive, and the online user guide is very easy & quick to use. Extensive training is not needed to use this program. Being able to log in from any computer or phone is great. Statistics are at our fingertips, the pre-programmed reports are awesome, and entering attendance has never been easier. It is very easy to find numbers, trends, and statistics that are helpful in managing a business. The customer support is outstanding and they are very quick to respond.
ConsWe are spoiled to Outlook for our calendar functions, so it was a disappointment that ChurchTrac's calendar system is not as functional. We were also dissapointed that setting up a custom report is not as easy as it should be, but is still easier than the previous program. Also, suggestions are listened to and passed along to the development team, which is very encouraging.
September 30, 2019
Maggie D.
Bookkeeper
June 11, 2018

“Best bang for our buck!”

OverallAddresses specific church needs not needed in regular bookkeeping (donations, pledges, membership etc.) at an affordable price.
ProsChurchTrac is geared to the specific needs of churches where something like QuickBooks would not suffice for us. They have a ton of features we don't even use as our church is mid-size and we just haven't gotten around to implementing certain things but it's nice to know that we can use them all when we get around to setting things up. Their customer service is FANTASTIC. I shoot them an email with a question and I usually have a very quick response in my inbox. The last time I emailed not only did they tell me why something was happening, they went ahead and pointed out the 2 deposits causing the discrepancy! They continue to impress me with the help they provide.
ConsComing from a bookkeeping background I sometimes think that something is not functioning the way "it should" but it's always been resolved to my satisfaction.
June 11, 2018
Jeff S.
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
August 22, 2017

“Great church database software for any price, plus the price is quite affordable!”

OverallMy church is better organized and has saved money in the process.
ProsChurchTrac Online is a quality church database solution. It offers good solutions for varied needs-- not only membership and attendance tracking but also giving statements and even basic accounting and calendar. We have come to use nearly all of its features. Customer service is also very fast, responsive, and helpful. Plus, the yearly price is fantastic-- far lower than competing software packages that do only barely more.
ConsAs good as ChurchTrac Online is, I wouldn't quite call it a fully mature piece of software yet. It still lacks basic features such as robust attendance analysis or even having a way to view a member's attendance history for that matter. (It's worth noting that you can download most data as a spreadsheet to do your own analysis elsewhere.) The payroll feature is also very, very minimal. That said, I'm not complaining... it is remarkable what they are doing for the price point!
August 22, 2017
Tina P.
church treasurer
June 21, 2019

“Thank you”

OverallChurchTrac is very easy to use. We are a small church and just need a software to keep tract of our income and expenses and run the end of year giving to church members. This software is a big helper for bookkeeper and treasurer and I heard that it was a big help for pastors as well.
ProsChurchTrac is very easy to use and it may my job easier.
ConsI like how easy it is to use and good teach support.
June 21, 2019
Daniel L.
Lead Pastor
August 2, 2017

“Accounting, giving, people tracking, kids church tracking, & much more that all churches can afford.”

OverallThe platform to handle our church finances with confidence and integrity.
ProsIncludes online giving, giving in general and it offers expense tracking. Many softwares will require you to upgrade to get more features. Churchtrac gives it all to you for a price that every ministry can afford. If your a small church, the software and price grows with you. And it's cloud based which means you can work on the platform from anywhere.
ConsDoes not offer text to give. And it does not automatically link to your online bank account. You have to download from your account and upload into the software.

By ChurchTrac Software on August 2, 2017
Daniel, Thanks for your amazing review. We really do appreciate the kind words. I just wanted to let you know that we do offer text giving already, as part of our Online Giving feature. As you already are aware, this is offered to you as part of the program whereas other companies charge around $60/month for it. We offer it included, and you just pay the processing fees through the company that charges the card. Here is a link to our article about it: https://churchtraconline.com/articles/do-you-know-we-offer-text-giving/ Glad to be serving alongside you in ministry!
August 2, 2017
Carol C.
Office Secretary
April 2, 2019

“ChurchTrac Software Perfect for Us”

OverallChurchTrac helps us get our reporting and accounting done easily and quickly. We have used ChurchTrac software for several years but switched to the online version the beginning of last year and are very pleased with it. I highly recommend it.
ProsWhat I like most about ChurchTrac is that it is user-friendly and has fast and easy-to-understand product support. The few times I've had to use support, they have given speedy, clear help. I also like that I can archive (and thus not pay for their listing) members who have not been active, but still need to be on the records so that we can issue end-of-year receipts for tax purposes.
ConsThe only drawback is that ChurchTrac doesn't offer immediate telephone support. It's all accomplished via e-mail messaging, but it is very quick. I suppose this helps cut down on the costs so that the program is exceptionally reasonable for all that it offers.
April 2, 2019
Joe H.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
August 19, 2016

“Best Church Management Software Ever”

OverallOur church is small (about 30 members), but growing. Churchtrac has grown along with us, and has become part of our culture. It has integrated into our daily operations regarding visitors, outreach, member attendance, giving, etc. I especially LOVE the messaging system that allows me to print letters, send emails/texts, and even call groups with a recorded message. This system has it all, function, ease of use, and great value. I love churchtrac.
ProsIt's easy to use, is great to keep track of attendance, visitors, outreach efforts, giving, etc. Plus, the messaging system is awesome. Also, the software grows along with the church. Pricing is modeled to be affordable regardless of church size or budget.
ConsIt's hard to think of any. I guess not having a native mobile app would be a con. It would be nice to have an app. It can be a little confusing to get the app on the device using the current method, but I figured it out, and I like having access to all features on my phone.
Recommendations to other buyersKeep up the good work :) Love this software. Our church relies on it for a lot of record keeping and reporting, and it is perfect for our needs.
August 19, 2016
Tim V.
Accounting, 201-500 employees
April 3, 2018

“This product is well worth the value. After reviewing several products this one stood out.”

OverallThis product saved the church family money. It is easier to use than the prior software.
ProsWhile we do not use the Payroll option, OnLine Giving, or OnLine Congregation access; the software has been found to be user friendly, intuitive, and easy to reconcile finances to the bank. The giving and accounting areas of this product are easy to use and manage. The "help" tools have come in handy as we learned how to structure and get the software up and running. While we don't currently use some of the features (member access to their own accounts) we are considering this feature. The features that we are using are easily understood and easy to implement. Member Attendance in groups provides the ability to track attendance by classroom and focus on those who are not attending regularly. The support group at ChurchTrac has been awesome. Each time I have a question or problem (usually my lack of understanding) the support team has been very timely in directing me. For the money this product replaced two software products (one that was cumbersome and one that was necessary to keep financial records). ChurchTrac seems to continually be trying to improve and expand its product offerings
ConsMobile version is a little awkward to get around but does work. More reporting options would be nice. Currently the Custom design reports do not permit anything very sophisticated. The option to design more complex reports on your own would be a major improvement. As it is the software limits you to the canned reports and making sure that the custom reports extract very basic information. This is understandable in that a novice user may not know how to design reports and the report integrity may get lost in customer designed reports
April 3, 2018
Nate C.
Minister
February 15, 2017

“The ALL-IN-ALL PACKAGE”

OverallI'll be honest, this past week was a nightmare! In the past 7 days I had access to 7 demos on church management software. All I wanted was to find the one to meet the needs of the church. After walking away from the computer for a literal 24 hours with 20 more gray hairs, I returned to the computer screen the next day. Within a simple search of the web I landed on the help page of ChurchTrac and within 2 minutes I knew this software would be the right fit! I was able to see a dashboard that is user-friendly enough my 9 year old could help! I spent that day navigating around the software playing with the reports, groups, attendance and accounting section. Like all software, it's a learning curve. But don't fret, the customer support changed my perspective in their resources they provided with my questions. I'm glad I had a hands on demo to play with before making a purchase. Save yourself the time and headache on trying the other demos, ChurchTrac is the All-in-All package!
ProsUser-friendly interface and accessibility. From providing SMS, to accounting, online-giving, etc!
ConsNot sure the best way to explain this con but sometimes a button or feature is available in one area but not in another area. EX: Adding people either to family or individual from the admin side, no way to add them to a group until they are saved as a person. The groups tab is available above the person's details. However, when adding a person through check-in mode groups is an option to select when adding a person. It would be nice to have groups option like the check-in mode available for the admin side too.
February 15, 2017
Richard S.
Chairman
January 4, 2017

“One of the best software programs of any kind.”

OverallExceptional is the one word I think of to describe ChurchTrac. It is very easy to use and anyone with simple beginner computer skills can use it. It gives us all the information we need in very clear and accurate reports. It reduced the time we spent on information gathering by more than 50%. It is amazing what this program can do at such a low cost. I would suggest the cloud version for the most updated version and the ability to pull up information wherever there is an internet connection.
ProsEase of use yet gives us all the info we need and then some.
ConsThere are no cons that I can see and we have been using it for about three years.
Recommendations to other buyersReview the website, talk to them and I don't think you will find a better program for the money. In fact, you may not find a better program at any cost period. As you can tell we love the program as we don't need any technical support to help get it to work.
January 4, 2017
Jon H.
Senior Minister
December 18, 2018

“Great Church Management system”

OverallIt's incredibly helpful in organization. All the info is in one place, and everyone who needs to have that info can access it. I regularly check attendance so I can check in with people who have missed a few weeks
ProsPretty much everything. ChurchTrac is all online, so I can log in anywhere, including my phone (which comes in handy when looking for someone's address or phone number when I don't have my computer handy). It's incredibly easy to use, as well. We can take and track attendance, create groups, add notes concerning individuals and families. It's also very affordable, and one of the new features that I appreciate, makes it even more affordable. Now you can archive names. You pay by how many names you keep in the database, but with archiving, you can keep the person's records in tact without having them on your active rolls (great when someone moves away, etc).
ConsIf I could say anything...it would be cool if they had an app (to my knowledge they do not), but I can ChurchTrac from my browser, so even that isn't a huge deal.
December 18, 2018
Joy R.
Office Administrator
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
June 27, 2017

“ChurchTrac is so much easier to use than our previous church management program!”

OverallSaved time, effort, and duplication of effort. Improved communications. Ease of use.
ProsThis program has saved a lot of administrative time when compared to our previous software because it is so fast and easy to use and has built in reporting functions. . Another huge benefit has been the ability to allow access to the multiple layers of church staff and congregation. This has helped communications tremendously without needing to prepare and send out reports, and has eliminated the need for duplicate efforts in some areas. We have not implemented all of ChurchTrac's functions yet, but look forward to continuing benefits from using this program.
ConsThe calendar system is okay, but doesn't have full functionality like Microsoft Outlook's calendar system. That can be an issue with churches like ours that rely heavily upon a calendar system. However, ChurchTrac has been delightfully receptive about suggestions for future improvements which will greatly improve user experience.
June 27, 2017
Ed T.
Finance Dir.
January 10, 2017

“Finance Dir.”

OverallNever used Church fin. software before. All my questions were answered very quickly. Lorri did a wonderful job. The saw worked fine for our Church. We have not reached the 100 mark but they still treated us like we were paying customers. Would highly recommend trying them first. Customer support is very important so keep in mind they do a great job in support. Hope this helps you make the choice to use them. I should mention before closing even when I messed up they took the time to help me see where I had gone wrong. I will recommend ChurchTrac to small Churches in my area. I think it is great they try to help small Churches by providing the software free (and it is free) to use until they get big enough and have the finances to be able to pay for it. Ed Tilley
ProsThe main one is Customer Support - very quick response.
ConsWow - Nothing that I have found
Recommendations to other buyersTry it you will like it.
January 10, 2017
Robert S.
Church clerk
March 7, 2018

“We couldn't be more pleased than we are with ChurchTrac. Easy to use. Best customer service EVER.”

OverallA reliable record of everything from attendance to giving, to membership, to budget - it does all we need! It is easy to use and VERY well supported with knowledgeable staff members.
ProsEasy to use for even our newest administrator. Customer service gets answers back quickly. Cost effective - inexpensive, but very high quality. Our people love the Congregation Access feature. Being able to quickly and efficiently record attendance and giving is a godsend!
ConsI wish the photos were larger on the reports; in fact, I wish it were easier to build reports tailored to our specific needs. The existing ones are fine but creating new ones is difficult for those of us without computer backgrounds.
March 7, 2018
Barbara C.
Secretary/Treasurer
January 13, 2018

“Great Asset for our small church.”

OverallThe ability to successfully adapt to the function of Church Treasurer with no accounting experience.
ProsI have served as Church Secretary for about 8 years, but this is my first year as Secretary/Treasurer. I am not usually an accounting person, so I was very anxious re: getting it right. I did some research as I was not comfortable using our previous system through Quickbooks. I have found this program to be invaluable and very intuitive. We use the entire system. Just finished Annual Reports and Contribution Statements with good success. I have just begun to use the Voice Message system and it has been so helpful. Questions are easy to either find a ready answer or the Support Ticket system is generally answered in a couple hours. I have not utilized the method through Twitter. There are still many features I have not yet taken advantage of, but I likely will as I become more accustomed to the system.
ConsInability to easily format reports and/or add clarifying information. I do use a PDF Editor with some success. I would like to be able to use my own spacing/fonts as reports are fairly plain. I wish there was a feature where more of the "Secretary" function was included. It would be wonderful to be able to do both positions on this software-ie the ability to create/edit 'Word' documents.
January 13, 2018
Tina C.
Church Accountant
March 20, 2019

“ChurchTrac amazing software”

OverallChurchTrac gives individual people access to different areas. So not everyone needs to be in all the areas. Representative and the team in customer service are very helpful and never make us feel silly for asking for help. Their response time is impeccable!
ProsThe customer service is like no other. The ease of using the program is very simple. It has most features we need for our small church. Payroll processing is the easiest I have ever personally used.
ConsThe reports in the financial section are limited when we are trying to run them but they work constantly to update new products and alert us when they are available. Some of this has to do with the way our system was set up.
March 20, 2019
Cecelia F.
Church Secretary
November 5, 2018

“Excellent Service”

OverallWe have been able to place a number to our membership/Visitors etc, list those who are contributing, who have problems and need prayer, contact information, communicate via email and text, encourage, deduce which persons need training, provide reports when we need them and how we need them. It is exceptionally good.
ProsThis software enables me to make contact with key persons any time of the day. I receive instant feed back in the form of a receipt and then solutions to my questions/ problems.
ConsI guess when I had to go back to the Help Screen to read about what I did not know. I am thinking that maybe it would have been lovely to get either an instant zoom to the section that deals with the problem rather than have to scroll down the Help Screen to find what you are looking for. Of Course I did that a long time ago. It would be lovely to just click on the response to receive instructions immediately you come upon a situation in which you need to read for the answer- for instance how to populate the 'People Screen' or 'Catagorizing'.
November 5, 2018
John M.
Trustee and Membership Secretary
Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees
October 5, 2017

“Trustee and Membership Secretary”

OverallThanks to ChurchTrac's ease of use, church-specific integrated environment, and their sincere and timely customer support, Epworth has been able to enhance the vitality of our congregation and increase their financial awareness.
ProsEPWORTH United Methodist Church is a small congregation with a big heart. Our mission is to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the world as commissioned by our Lord. As God's stewards, we are called to: Promote spiritual growth, strengthen families, nurture and love God, the church, self, and others. Thanks to ChurchTrac's ease of use, church-specific integrated environment, and their sincere and timely customer support, Epworth has been able to enhance the vitality of our congregation and increase their financial awareness.
ConsThe United Methodist Church (UMC) has a series of membership and financial reporting requirements. We would like to see more pre-defined "Quarterly/Annual Reports" focused reports and data-points that are in synchronization with UMC reporting.
October 5, 2017
Ann C.
Corporate Banking - retired
Banking, 10,001+ employees
January 17, 2017

“The ChurchTrac System is Wonderful!”

OverallOur little church has been using ChurchTrac for the past four years. The system is super-easy to use and provides great bookkeeping controls and reporting capability needed. Contribution statements are a breeze! I highly recommend Churchtrac and would be happy to share my use of the system with anyone wanting further confirmation.
ProsIt's ease of use and functionality. Also, I applaud the excellent service provided by the support staff!
ConsTruthfully, I can't think of any dislikes. Not to sound boastful but several years ago I was a computer systems person myself.... writing and supporting banking systems. I give high marks to the ChurchTrac system and those who are on the support staff.
Recommendations to other buyersIt's a great buy and a wonderful help!
January 17, 2017
Rebecca S.
March 27, 2018

“We have used ChurchTrac for four years and continue to explore its functionality. We love it!”

ProsIt is "full service and one stop shopping", meeting the many needs of a congregation. The users guide is very helpful and I like that new features are continually being added. Whenever I have needed questions answered, they have been answered quickly and professionally. I doubt that there is another productive that is as comprehensive and priced so that all size congregations can afford the features that meet their needs.
ConsI don't dislike anything, although there are features that we do not use. Some treasurers might want greater functionality, but it is fine for me.
Leroy P.
database administrator
February 14, 2018

“I've used ChurchTrac for several years. I love it's flexiblity and ease of use.”

OverallEasy data entry, data manipulation, and report generation
ProsChurchTrac's design is well thought out. It covers most of our needs, is reliable and very easy to use. It's a database that offer's standard and customized reports which is important to our church. Their support team is first rate. They are very customer focused. Their team has been there for me from start up to today. ChruchTrac offers great value for it's cost.
ConsI think most databases have some limitations. You can't have everything. My issues are small and there are work aroundsfor them.
February 14, 2018
Henry ".
treasurers husband
Military, Unspecified
September 18, 2017

“I found Church Trac 9 in an online search for an accounting software that the layman could use.”

OverallToo many to list.
ProsI inherited a set of large books that tried to explain how to use the software my predecessor was issued. I struggled with them for six months or so, barely kept track of our income and expenses. I needed a system I could understand and put to use. Church Trac filled the bill; VERY reasonable and thorough in a direct method. I didn't know about categories and taxable etc.; contributors annual report; pastor's salary, expenses, and gas mileage; member, visitor, child; attendance in each and every category. We have about fifty categories and can readily determine where our budget needs adjusting. In as much as I make mistakes and/or can't figure out the obvious, the support group has been a tremendous help in a friendly, timely manner.
ConsThis software requires that you read about each of its attributes. Not mandatory, but I strongly suggest that you do.
September 18, 2017
Heidi R.
March 14, 2019

“Good for Giving Records”

OverallThe customer service is great!! I was a bit hesitant with not having the option to call in for support, but the ChurchTrac team is incredibly quick with responding to the online/email support requests. I've never gone longer than 30 minutes without a response, and typically they've been able to solve my problem within their first response.
ProsAs treasurer, I mostly use ChurchTrac's giving feature, so the following comments all in regards to that feature: -Easy to use, data entry is simple and intuitive -It's easy to keep track of weekly giving and then at the end of the year it is SO simple to create statements. Just click the reports button and (as long as you've kept clear and accurate records throughout the year) your statements are ready to go. -There are the essential notes for each gift (method of giving, account designated to, memo section) but not so many options that entry is bogged down. Very streamlined.
ConsVery happy with the giving screen. This isn't a full accounting software (that I'm aware of), but it is very good for keeping track of all the donations that come.
March 14, 2019
Philip L.
Executive Director
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
February 7, 2018

“Powerful. Easy. Intuitive. Supportive for the small church.”

OverallThe ability to grow the church plant and keep track of all the people we reach is phenomenal. The pricing helps us get the job done.
ProsThe connection of the giving, accounting, people, activities all woven together make it perform like a full featured software. Easy to teach others to work with us. Priced by people needing to track.
ConsSuggest a rework of the normalization field for the base database. You cannot enter more than one person with the same name. This conflicts regularly as we reach many people and come against that limitation too often.
February 7, 2018
Theresa J.
Volunteer
May 13, 2017

“Really Great Customer Service has made my experience extremely positive. ”

OverallA great place to share church information and adapt it for multiple purposes.
ProsThe software is fairly straightforward and there is a nice section of help data that is easy to follow. I am new to the software and have been adding information to our church database that was not standard. In trying to figure out how to do what I wanted to do I reached out to the customer support folks. This is where I really found this product to be outstanding. They responded to my e-mail within 24 hours, not only with text but with actual examples of files in my program and then screen shots explaining information to me. The information provided me what I needed to know and a model to follow.
ConsThe only con I have found is that I think it would be nice if one of the standard information lists included not only phone numbers, but if those phones were cell/txt, home, or mobile and also listed email data. I am creating that for our church and they have walked me through the process, but in this day and age when we communicate so much by those means, an automatic list of that information would be nice to have. But, as I said they walked me through the process of creating that list so it is possible to create.
May 13, 2017
David B.
March 1, 2019

“This is an all around great product”

OverallI've only had one issue, which once I generated a work ticket, I got quick and informative responses and the ticket stayed out there until I clicked resolved.
ProsThe software is very user friendly. During my years of working in the private industry and holding positions with City and State government, I have worked with many different software products, and the implementation of new software products. Remembering how difficult it could be to learn to work within certain screens and navigating through these screens, and then trying to generate reports needed, I was concerned how difficult it might be to learn ChurchTrac. I soon learned that the reviews I had read were true, ChurchTrac is very user friendly. It didn't take much time at all to learn to work within the different screens but to navigate through them and then run reports. Also I really appreciate how reasonably priced this product is. We are a young, independent, but growing Church. However we are going through the growing pains of a smaller Church. With that said ChurchTrac's low cost for smaller Churches is what made it possible for us to get. Without the low cost I'd still be trying to use Excel for recording, income and expenses and generating a report for the Church. Finally I'd like to say how much I appreciate the speed of technical support you get. They are very friendly and thorough with their help.
ConsAt this time we are still fairly new users but so far it is a very good and easy to use product.
March 1, 2019
Robert S.
Membership Secretary
November 1, 2018

“Excellent Product”

OverallChurchtrac has allowed us the make easy contact with Church members by e-mail and to produce helpful reports.
ProsDespite starting off with the free version, Churchtac were willing to make changes to the programme to allow it to work in the United Kingdom. We now use the online version, we find it easy to use and is constantly being updated with new features. The Support is first class, friendly and quick. I have told others, Churchtrac is a ministry not a business.
ConsNothing Negative about this product. Great Software
November 1, 2018
Raymond G.
June 16, 2018

“Truly amazing software for an affordable price. It meets the needs of a church in every role. ”

OverallA staright forward way to communicate with congregants and to keep the finances of the church.
Prosbeing the church Treasurer, I focus on the accounting module. The software is very intuitive. However, when a question comes up, the online user guide answers most questions. For those more complicated questions, the support ticket process is excellent. The support team answers question very quickly.
ConsWhile churches are generally on a cash basis accounting method, there are often situations where the payment of a invoice is not the same as the month of the expenditure. For example, a utility invoice representing the month of May is received in June. Since the check is dated in June, The Income Statement report reflects the charge in June and not May. The solution may be to include a "Business Month" field beside the date field.
June 16, 2018
Veronica K.
Admin Assistant
May 10, 2018

“ChurchTrac is an excellent tool for congregation needs as well as accounting.”

OverallIt allows us to keep the members, giving, monetary accounts, and payroll in one spot.
ProsChurchTrac is very user-friendly. The set-up is extremely easy and straight forward. The "smart list" feature is one that we will be using to help verify those in the congregation or community that would benefit from an outreach call. We are excited about the possibility of growing the church in such as easy manner. The messaging system will also be an asset. We set up users for our children's and youth ministry teams. With the messaging feature, they are able to contact those families with any important updates or information.
ConsThe event feature is not what we had hoped. We can create an event and make it "public", but it's not truly public. It requires anyone wanting to register for the event to be first entered into the system. For current members, that's not a big deal. However, for someone outside the church, it's off-putting and we feel it will drive more people away, rather than make it an outreach possibility. We have other ways to reach them and have them register for an event, we were just hoping we could keep it under one umbrella with ChurchTrac.
May 10, 2018
Nancy J.
Executive Assistant
November 30, 2017

“Finally, a program all in one place to keep members and accounting info.”

OverallIt's organized in a way that seems intuitive. It's specifically for churches - not for-profit companies. It keeps track of information that I keep track of like giving, pledges, members, bills paid, account balances, special funds, categories for accounting purposes - and sub-categories, etc. It's easy to correct most mistakes I make without throwing the whole program into a tizzy. AND, the price is reasonable. It's fairly priced based on the number of members the church has.
ProsI love that I can keep track of members and their contact info, and if I want, I can keep track of baptisms, marriages, confirmation all in the contact info. I love the ease of keeping track of actual giving, while at the same time keeping track of next year's pledges. The accounting part of the program is a little extra, but well worth it. The help pages are incredibly helpful, but when I don't understand their explanation, I can fill out a "support ticket" which is an email to their support team. I get my answer the same day-usually in a couple hours. And this program makes sense to me - a non-accountant. Quickbooks is too complicated for my right brain.
ConsRight now I'm struggling with setting up payroll. I just haven't had the time to get a hold of support yet.
November 30, 2017
Dori J.
Administrative Assistant/Acting Treasurer
November 8, 2017

“Being new to ChurchTrac It has been pretty easy to figure out. I love the ease of using the software”

ProsEase of use and the support is great. I also like that there is YouTube videos on how to use the software! We used Quick Books but ChurchTrac is much easier to use for accounting purposes. Keep track of people is much easier than Roll Call. Data Entry is easy and it even has a payroll set up. You can do budgets and other things too. This software is great for any size church and anyone can use it. Great tutorials too.
ConsI haven't really found anything I didn't like. Sometimes the reports are hard for me to understand like which ones to use for meetings and such but that's because I am an administrative assistant and not usually the treasurer!
November 8, 2017
Tina M.
Administrative Assistant
January 26, 2017

“EXCELLENT Customer Service”

OverallEXCELLENT Customer service. They are super nice and always willing to help me make the software work for what I need. The reporting is great for keeping track of spending, accounting, contributions, event financials, etc. It's also great for communicating with certain groups within our congregation. We are able to group members by their interests and then communicate with each group as needed. The customer service is epic. They definitely work for the user. Thanks to the support team for taking such good care of us.
ProsThe ability to keep track of members, organization spending, accounting, etc. Customer Service is excellent
January 26, 2017
Pastor Rich C.
Associate Pastor
Non-Profit Organization Management, Self-employed
January 18, 2017

“Simply the Best cloud based Church software there is!”

OverallOur church tried a couple other cloud based programs but by far ChurchTracOnline is the easiest cloud based program to use and has so many great features included that it the hands down best choice for any Church. Not to mention what an outstanding value the program is too with so many excellent features from Member access to a check-in attendance Kiosk feature, it can text notifications to members, does follow-up, birthdays, accounting and so much more! They also have super fast tech support and lots of easy to follow "how to's" for getting everything setup. So Blessed to have found ChurchTracOnline!
Prosloaded with features - cloud based - easy to use and setup & awesome tech support
ConsWe have found no issues using ChurchTracOnline now for almost 18 months!
Recommendations to other buyersPick this software to run your Church - it is SO Inexpensive & Awesome!
January 18, 2017
James K.
Financial Secretary
September 28, 2019

“A Complete Package”

OverallAt this point we utilize the program strictly for recording each parishioner's giving and our treasurer uses the system for issuing checks for church expenses, etc. We have no other person using the system.
ProsFirst let me say, this program is certainly complete in that there are programs that I don't use such as attendance, picture attachment with names just to name a few. My involvement is setting up record keeping of the financial giving, mailing out complete records of that giving annually and assigning any additional users of the program. Complete instructions online and if you can't find answers online, a response from HELP desk is nearly immediate, and they will walk you through the issue.
ConsI honestly have no issues with this program.
September 28, 2019
Michelle G.
Communication Director
March 27, 2018

“ChurchTrac is easy to use and has great customer support. ”

ProsChurchTrac helps me organize data in an easy to use format. I can quickly add church member information to the directory, make a list of birthdays, create mailing labels. I like the fact that if I have a question I can easily reach out to the team at ChurchTrac and they will walk me through until the problem is resolved.
ConsThe team at ChurchTrac is open to suggestions, if I see a need in the program I can reach out to ChurchTrac and they will listen to me.
Gayle T.
Clerk/Secretary
March 21, 2018

“I only use the software for Contributions, but it is well worth it.”

OverallI just use Contributions, it does the contributions and the yearly report exactly the way I want them done. So, thank you.
ProsI can send out my Giving Receipts the first Sunday of the new year. It is set up where I can send the report with the exact information I want, in the way that I want.
ConsHad a little trouble entering businesses, but believe this has been fixed now. I had to enter a business as Church, Freedom, which was a little weird, but I did make it work and that is what counts.
March 21, 2018
Betty S.
Financial Secretary
April 18, 2019

“So happy!”

OverallOverall-I love it!! I enter new member data as well as weekly giving. I've produced quarterly giving statements, but am just rolling out the member access for that information.
ProsThe thing that made me select ChurchTrac was the cost. We are small with limited funds. However, I don't think I could have picked a better product for us. I love the web-based functionality so I can work on it at home. I love that users can see their giving statements on-line--eliminating the need to print and mail quarterly statements. And I am thrilled with the customer support! Always a quick response, include "off-hours". I often work on this at night or weekends. I have submitted questions during that time, not expecting a response until the next business day, but several times I've received a response within 30 minutes.
ConsI wasn't able to convert all the data from our old system. Therefore, some is not in the computer; other data needed to be entered manually.
April 18, 2019
Ron L.
Media
Religious Institutions, Self-employed
November 19, 2018

“Seasoned user”

OverallI like that it is accessible from anywhere and the member access can be helpful. I also appreciate the built-in newsletter interface.
ProsI have been using ChurchTrac for about 5 years and I have only recently swapped to the online version. I know that Microsoft was making it difficult if not impossible to continue supporting the desktop version. Now that I have started using the online version I'm glad I did because it's actually is easier and has a better user interface than the desktop version.
ConsIn my opinion, the pricing structure is a little off. I know that it has been explained that some folks say why is it so low while others complain, like me. I just think that as you progress to the more costly levels that you should get a bit more instead of less. But anyway, I've made the decision to go with it.
November 19, 2018
James T.
Elder
April 12, 2018

“Convenient, easy to use software for churches at a low cost.”

ProsChurchTrac is a bargain for the features you get. The accounting part of the software is simpler and more intuitive to use than traditional accounting software. It's easy to find the information you need about people and families. We use the check-in label printing feature and were able to implement for a lesser price of the equipment using thermal labels that are fractions of a penny a piece (as opposed to other check-in options that required much more expensive setup). New features are added regularly and support is quick to respond to problems via email.
ConsThe interface/design of the software isn't as slick or shiny as other options, but this may be preferable for some users. There's not a phone number to call for support (not a problem for us, but could be an issue for some).
April 12, 2018