SAFE Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.7/5
4.9/5

About SAFE

Many evidence tracking systems are not much more than a glorified inventory control system. It's important to find a system that solves all the critical needs of property and evidence management. Our evidence tracking software SAFE is more than just barcodes and inventory control, it's an end-to-end chain of custody software for physical and digital evidence, resolving each of the critical issues facing evidence management. Learn more about SAFE

Heather H.
Evidence Management Analyst
Legal Services, 5001-10,000 employees
May 21, 2019

“Great system to keep Evidence in check”

OverallI love having SAFE in our office. This system has allowed me to keep track of all the matters and the items that are associated to the matter. It helps me to keep people accountable for what they take and I have a lot more confidence in the system and our evidence room. I have been able to develop a media handling system wrapped around Safe and it's amazing. I have also been able to locate different items because with the migration, fields are showing now that were not showing in our previous system and it's allowing the me to see all fields and locate multiple items.
ProsThis system is easy to use. The barcode system is great and assist with media handling 100% better than it used to be if you are diligent in where you are placing your evidence. Uploading documents is great, fast and efficient. I take a lot of pride in my evidence room and this system and this system allows me to track the evidence better. It has a sign in sign out feature so you can hold people accountable for taking items and not returning them. Running a search on items is great and has allowed me to identify multiple items that I thought were MIA when they are just associated with another project. Adding custom fields is also amazing and having the option to take those fields out is just as great, as my company has merged amillion times and that means I have to migrate more and more systems into Safe while still keeping all information from their system in Safe. Once it's all migrated, I can take that field out and we no longer see that field.
ConsMoving from Item back to matter is a huge pain. Once you click on the item you need to view you have at the very least 3 clicks to go back and view the matter and get back to the other items in the case. Adding people to a matter is not easy. If you try to add a person who has been added previously instead of asking if you'd like to add that person (It does this once) it tells you that email already exists and now you have to go to search and run a search for that person then add them to the case. This is not very efficient when adding. You also can add a document to an item without entering the item and again getting back to the other items is a pain. I just name ti document and drag and drop. If it's labeled as Item 1 then I know where it belongs instead of attaching to the item specifically.
Larry T.
Support Services Commander
May 21, 2019

“Awesome Product and Equally Awesome Company!!!!”

OverallOur experience with Tracker from day one has been awesome. We went from paper records in our evidence room to Tracker's evidence solution and ultimately SAFE. Their staff was with us every step of the way as we made each of our transitions. Whenever I had an issue or needed help, Tracker's customer service was always their taking care of us. In addition, Tracker listens to its customers. When we had an idea to make the system better, they actually listened and made the change. Not very many companies do that nowadays. I couldn't speak more highly of a product or company.
ProsThis product is so easy to setup and use. You literally can be setup, trained, and entering evidence into the SAFE within a couple of hours. I took a couple of our officers, gave them logins and asked them to enter a fictitious case with several items of evidence into SAFE, without showing them how to use the system. Each officer was able to navigate the software and enter the case and its corresponding evidence without any issues or help. The system is very intuitive and easy to use.
ConsThe downside of any shared system is the lack of configurability in some areas of the system. With that said, the staff at Tracker have made every accommodation that we've asked, within reason.
Madison K.
Detective
May 23, 2019

“SAFE Evidence Tracker”

Overall-Less paper used -Saving money due to not having to print evidence logs on evidence envelopes -Saves time on checking items in and out -Organizes evidence neatly -Auto generated stats on what types of evidence are being collected and stored
ProsBeing able to quickly and easily search and view evidence pertaining to certain cases. Quickly and efficiently being able to label and store evidence, as well as check it out. Replaced hand written control forms and evidence labels for a neat organized look.
ConsPrefers there was an option to observe the completed label and information added to a case, person, or item and give users the opportunity to make any necessary changes without an administrator. At this point, when adding new information, once you've moved on to a new page, you can not go back and make any changes. Being able to observe the information and make changes prior to official publishing would reduce the changes admin has to make upon officer request.

By Tracker Products on June 27, 2019
Thank you so much for this great review. We really appreciate you being a loyal customer and helping to share the word about us. We're here for you anytime. Your system could easily be changed to give you permission to edit your items while still in a temporary location. Have your Admin contact one of our support specialist to show you how to make this change.
May 23, 2019
Mike G.
Evidence Specialist
Medical Devices, 10,001+ employees
May 28, 2019

“More Productivity Than I Expected”

OverallWhat we have to gain by using SAFE is the future growth of our program by utilizing a secure, cloud-based solution. SAFE allows us to spread evidence-entry over multiple business partners instead of relying on the current process, which creates a massive bottleneck.
ProsProductivity and navigation are a breeze in SAFE since many times there are multiple ways to view and securely modify item data. Where normally we would find ourselves saying, "It sure would be nice to be able to click this and have it do that", in SAFE the comment we make most is, "Wow, I'm glad I can click this and have it do that!". SAFE seamlessly flows.
ConsSince SAFE is the best in the business and so carefully thought out and efficient, the expectation is set very high. Because of this, when there are faults, they are more pronounced. I've experienced some concerns at the user-interface level that, if unnoticed, could have led to serious business issues.

By Tracker Products on June 27, 2019
We are incredibly grateful that you took the time to leave us your praise and valued feedback. SAFE was designed to be an enterprise solution encompassing the latest standards and industry best practices. Although we try very hard, it is difficult to consider every possible use case. We put customer satisfaction as top priority, and we are committed to continuous improvement to meet the evolving needs of our customers.
Jason M.
Sr. Property and Evidence Technician
Public Safety, 51-200 employees
May 24, 2019

“Easy to use - SAFE Management System”

OverallFantastic company to work with. Their customer service is above any others by a long shot. As soon as a help ticket is generated they are responding via email with in a few minutes then by phone to go over the questions that I have showing me how to accomplish my adjective.
ProsThis product is very easy to use. It is nice to know that I can spend less than fifteen minutes training a new officer and they can impound property into the system with little effort allowing them to get back out on the road. As an administrator using it daily I find it very useful in being able to see what is coming in verse what is going out. The audits and extracting data are a breeze.
ConsThere are a lot of functions with this product (not that that is a bad thing) but it can be overwhelming. If you do not use some of those functions one tends to forget how to set it up such as custom forms or pulling data into a simpler form.
Michael D.
Sergeant
Law Enforcement, 201-500 employees
June 7, 2019

“Happy Customer”

OverallWorking with SAFE has been great. When we first started executive called every week checking to make sure we were not having any issues and to answer any question we might have.
ProsWe were using a RMS system with evidence built in but lacked any useful features. I was worried a separate stand alone system would be met with resistance. Since this system is so easy to use, we had zero resistance. The auto disposition feature has been the biggest advantage over the old system. We are now sending weekly destruction orders to the prosecutor's office. We are getting close for every item coming in, we have an item going into the destruction bin.
ConsWe have no major cons about the this software. I
June 7, 2019
Sarahanne S.

“Couldn't Be Happier”

OverallOur overall experience with SAFE has been awesome. We are able to track enter, track, move, remove, etc our evidence much easier and quicker than using other software programs. Anytime we have had questions or needed anything changed we have been met with fast amazing customer service.
ProsThe thing I like the most about this software is the ease of use. I have heard no complaints from our officers either.
ConsThe thing I like the least about this software is that you have to hit entered after every barcode that is scanned and when completing the audit this is a daunting task.

By Tracker Products on June 27, 2019
Thank you for leaving such a nice review. We are glad that your experience with SAFE has been awesome! We are sorry that you need to hit enter when scanning. This is a scanner issue, most likely the scanner is not programmed correctly, a simple reset to factory settings and programming a carriage return will fix this issue. Our support team can fix this quickly if the scanner came from us.
Dana K.
Supervisor of Records and Agency Accreditation
June 7, 2017

“We utilize Tracker Products to manage all our Department's physical evidence.”

OverallAbility to manage inventory of our property room.
ProsEase of use, customization, advance search capability. Ability to set up automatic disposition reminders to officers which alerts them to review their items to determine if they are still needed. After the implementation of this we have drastically reduced the number of items in our evidence/ property rooms.
ConsA new version has been implemented. We have not switched yet because it was launched prior to all features being completed.
June 7, 2017
Rich B.
Investigator

“Investigator”

OverallWe have a computer dispatch system that says it does everything. My experience was it may do everything, but nothing great. I needed a stand alone evidence system and found Tracker. I love the system and all that it does. Nothing more, nothing less and all that it does it does perfect.
ProsEasy of use and function ability. The team is only a call away. Great response to questions
ConsNot sure I have a con. There are some functions that I don't use, but I would rather that than not at all.
Ron G.

“DCDTF”

OverallThe experience with the Safe program has some improvements over the Fluid product, but it also has some very serious deficiencies that have yet to be addressed that can cause some serious problems.
ProsThe address field populates addresses as you type and the ability to customize the reports..
ConsThe most important aspect of tracking evidence is to maintain an accurate chain of custody. The Safe program lacks the ability to properly maintain a correct chain of custody. In a perfect world the Safe program would be fine, but not all transactions occur exactly when or how we want them to and with Safe, there is no ability to change a transaction. The transaction may change in different ways, to include the person who is assigned to pick up the item to the actual date the items is picked up or transferred. This could ultimately cause an important case or cases to be thrown out of court. There is also a lack of ability to customize the various forms that are used. The currency form was designed very poorly.
Mike G.
Sergeant
May 24, 2019

“This evidence software is 2nd to none. Hands down ”

OverallWe went from a paper system to SAFE. All the redundancy is gone. The forms that tracker products custom made for us work flawlessly. That's a huge deal in law enforcement. I have never experienced the level of customer service with any other company than I have with tracker products.
ProsThe ease of use along with user friendly software and training.
ConsCons? Yeah there aren't any. I literally thought about this and really cannot find any cons.
Brian A.
Crime Scene Specialist
May 21, 2019

“Great application to track evidence”

OverallWe are now able to accurately track evidence life cycles based on the types of crimes associated to them. This allows us to dispose of evidence up to 6 years before we would normally dispose of it. The software has also given the officers more options in viewing evidence associated to the case. Most importantly, we are learning to manage our evidence much more efficiently and accurately.
ProsEase of use. The ability to customize most of the fields is great. Customer service and helping us get started has been top notch. Especially the help from the executives.
ConsI don't like that we cannot use military time for time entries. Our department uses military time for everything else and it would be nice to be able to toggle military time for use.
Brad D.
Police Lieutenant
May 28, 2019

“Great System, Incredible Support”

OverallSAFE has greatly improved the efficiency and ease of maintaining evidence. SAFE greatly reduced my workload, increased my productivity, and helped eliminate unnecessary items taking up space!
ProsThe system is easy to use, accessible anywhere and is backed by outstanding customer support.
ConsSome of the customization features utilized in prior versions (Fluid) were removed.
Thomas I.
Corporal/Property Supervisor
May 31, 2019

“SAFE”

OverallSAFE made tracking evidence/chain of custody a lot easier and more proficient. Easier work for property officers
ProsEase of use and product support. The staff at Tracker Products are tremendous. The staff has always been there quickly and efficiently even for the simplest of questions. You feel like you become part of the Tracker Family.
ConsNothing I can find. Everything works as promised
May 31, 2019
Linda C.
May 21, 2019

“Great product***Great customer service”

OverallThe team at Tracker has been tremendous from my first contact with them. The product is top-notch and the customer service is fantastic.
ProsThis software is easy to learn and easy to use.
ConsI can't think of anything about this product that I don't like.
Tonya I.
Support Services Supervisor
June 6, 2019

“The new SAFE program is great and offers so many different reports needed for our staff.”

ProsThe software is easy to follow and manage. What I like best is that we can make some minor changes ourselves.
ConsI haven't found anything yet that I dislike, especially now that we have been using the program for a while and are now comfortable with the system.
June 6, 2019
Jeffrey G.
Public Safety, 1-10 employees

“Tracker Implementation”

OverallGreat experience. Customer service is great. Responsiveness to any issues is great. The interface implemented works as advertised.
ProsThe staff at Tracker were very responsive during implementation while working through the various businesses processes necessary to implement the system. Tracker staff spent considerable amount of time building a VPN for the agency that is part of a very complex network. It After go-live, the Tracker staff continued to support the product and tweak the system based upon changes desired.
ConsWe were the first agency using a new VPN and server platform. We had to work through the issues with Tracker, but the end result of having a compliant system was worth the effort. The Tracker staff put forward full effort to ensure we were able to be successful with the implementation of the VPN.