Olark Ratings

Overall

About Olark

Olark Live Chat is the easiest way to start talking to the customers who are browsing your website. Add an Olark chat widget to your site and start helping more customers and closing more sales. Olark integrates with a number of CRM, eCommerce and Help Desk platforms to provide you with robust data and powerful customer insights. Learn more about Olark

Shayne H.
Director of Sales
Internet, 11-50 employees
April 8, 2019

“The Best Customer Service Add On!”

OverallOur company (which is a SaaS), started using Olark after we had major issues with another website chat client. Olark is way better and is definitely more reliable. Apart from work, I also use Olark for one of my e-commerce side businesses. Right now, it can easily be integrated with WordPress. Not sure about other platforms, though.
Pros1) User-Friendly: I've found Olark to have a very simple and user-friendly interface for both - the recipient and the sender. 2) Affordability: Olark gives you the opportunity to look much bigger and way more professional than you already are! All of this at a very nominal price, of course. As of April 2019, Olark has one pricing model that can either be billed monthly, annually or for two years straight. As you choose a longer commitment, the prices reduce accordingly. Also, if you're not sure about what chat client is best suited for your business, you can always try Olark for 2 weeks, absolutely free. What I like the most is that there are no "Starter", "Pro", "Enterprise" discriminations! 3) Intelligence: Olark allows you to pre-assign quick responses that keep your customers from having to wait for an answer. Our employees love this feature because they don't have to type the same response again and again. Another smart feature is the notifications that our employees get when they leave their workstations and forget to log out. Olark gives the customer a quick response, giving them an option to send the chat as an email instead. This is great for a future follow-up. 4) Reporting Feature: Olark gives the administrator the option to assess the quality of an employees' chatting capabilities as well as his/her productivity levels. An employee can also learn from any feedback that's left by their customer with regard to their chat experience.
Cons1) No Image Sharing: This may not be a necessity for all businesses, however, we occasionally require our customers to send us screenshots of the issue that they are facing. This can help us serve them better. We have makeshift walkarounds for this, but having an image sharing option would be great. 2) One User At A Time: Unfortunately, only one user can be logged on to the agent at any given time. This could be a deal breaker larger businesses that have more than one customer care representative.
April 8, 2019
Santiago A.
Co Editor Chief
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
April 13, 2019

“There is no better option today than Olark.”

OverallEvery time a potential client came in, we noticed that soon after we left our portal, we began to prove that it was what was needed, and we noticed that the accompaniment in the purchase is fundamental, especially when it comes to highly specialized articles. We looked for options similar to Olark but none offered that great ability to adapt to our needs, so we decided to install their live chat platform and the results changed completely, from having visits of a few minutes to a secure sale after each interaction. Apart from that, we achieved an integration with another platform such as Slack, which has led the work team not to lose any sales, and at the same time, has integrated us more as a team for common purposes.
ProsWhen working with businesses of all kinds, especially the one that is linked to sales and customer service, one of the aspects imposed by the criterion of a good or bad experience is customer service. That's why I like Olark a lot, because you can offer an exclusive experience, which translates into higher sales. Since we used Olark, we have attracted more people, because thanks to its platform, it allows you to respond in record time, all those doubts about your products or services. Another thing that I like, is the ability that offers you to customize the chat to the corporate image of your company. Also, when you start communicating with any visitor, it allows you to know valuable data for your work, information such as location and contact details. Live chat is so important to us, and the best option you can find is Olark.
ConsAll their years of experience offer you a shielded commercial option, which makes me not identify negative aspects of their platform or their services, quite the contrary, I have compared them with others and greater are the profits, a marvel.
April 13, 2019
Perry E.
Operations Manager
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
November 13, 2018

“Olark is a very reliable and easy to use platform with limitations”

Overall8 out of ten, with the two points really just all about limitations from an "AI" or Automated Response stand point of view and the inability to send graphics.
ProsOlark has been our chat platform for three plus years and has proven itself to be a time saver, a great sales tool, and it has been an easy resource for our existing clients and CS Agents to utilize. Their ";" shortcuts are the easiest tools to use on many platforms we have tried. Aside from a few short outages, they are extremely reliable and their support team is responsive and very helpful.
ConsThe limitations of Olark include the lack of ability to share graphics with our clients. We can receive images from them, but not being able to respond has been a severe limitation on our staff as we have to switch to email in order to send graphics. Their Screen Share option is nice, but with new contacts, this is a hard proposition to sell on letting a new company "take control" of your PC. If Olark allowed us to send graphics, screen caps, images, it would be the perfect platform as my team loves the ease of use and friendly tools.
November 13, 2018
Ifeoma O.
Developer
1001-5000 employees
July 10, 2018

“Easy to use support solution.”

ProsOlark is amongt the simplest helpdesk applications to try. It is intuitive and has a very short learning curve for new support staffs I have introduced to Olark. Olark has got an array of smart features , which helps the conversion rate on our website and also helps the sales team better improve the quality of customer service offered to customers and clients. I like the searchable transcript feature , which ensures every conversation between sales agents and web. visitors are saved in the cloud. Thereby allowing anyone on the sales team to search through the chat transcripts either for analysis purposes or to follow up on previous conversations. It has an efficient mobile approach ,which has ensures users who communicate with the website team via mobile phones, have a quality experience just as someone communicating via pc or tablet.
ConsOlark automatically closes open chat conversations if agents have not responded in over five minute. I wouldn't know why this was introduced ,however it does not do the sales team any good.
July 10, 2018
Crystal I.
Marketing Content Developer
Insurance, 11-50 employees
April 23, 2018

“Best Live Chat ”

ProsOlark is hands down the best chat software we have used based on functionality, ease of use, and price. We have used 2 other softwares and none compare to Olark. Olark is easy to customize to fit your website (color scheme, style, design, etc) and it is easy to use (for both back end and front end users). We found our users are more engaged when chatting to us through Olark.
ConsThe only complaint we have is that we can't share seats. This makes sense. Olark doesn't want you to only purchase one seat, yet have multiple users using it. I guess we were blessed in the last software we used which allowed us to have 2 people for one seat. The other software failed in other regards though, so we are fine paying for multiple seats with Olark. I guess we actually have one more complaint: people who chat with you can upload screenshots, but not the other way around. We cannot upload screen shots into the chat while chatting with people. This makes it difficult sometimes. We have to explain via words where to click on our website or where to sign a document. We would love if a feature was developed where both front end and back end users could attach screenshots.
April 23, 2018
Tessa A.
Customer Support Trainer
Retail, 51-200 employees
April 19, 2017

“Love Olark!”

OverallI really enjoy using Olark. I think it's fun. The bird with the its little birdhouse is so cute, and the way it turns to nighttime when you're not accepting chats--adorable! It's super easy to use. I am a huge fan of the notification systems. I like how you get both visual and auditory notifications, and well as follow-up notifications to remind you, "Hey! Don't forget about me over here! I'm still waiting!" I like how you can tag chats with whatever tag you desire; we've really had some fun with those! The co-browsing feature is pretty awesome, though I'll admit, some of our customers are rather paranoid, and the fact we can do something like that freaks them out quite a bit, so I avoid telling most people we have the ability to co-browse. Still, it's a really cool feature, and it can be SO helpful! One thing I wish they'd improve is the length of time you can block a user. When I last used Olark, the longest you could block someone was 24 hours. Some of the people who visit chat prove themselves worthy of a significantly longer blockage period.
ProsThe cute little touches
ConsYou can't block pervs longer than a mere 24 hours
Recommendations to other buyersIf you don't want to make it possible to initially block someone for more than 24 hours, perhaps after a particular IP address has been blocked X # of times, it is eligible to be blocked permanently? It;s not like a determined individual isn't going to find his/her way around the blockade anyway.
April 19, 2017
Natasha S.
1-10 employees

“Fantastic Service”

OverallI work for All Seasons Weddings and we decided to try Olark on our website so that we can better help our customers. It's turned out to be such an amazing and helpful tool! The features are super helpful too once you know how to use them. Like forwarding an ongoing conversation and pre-loading some of your basic responses. The customers also get to rate their conversation with you which helps you to improve where needed. The one thing that would be helpful for the users though would be an indicator so that we know if someone is already typing a response to an inquiry. Maybe a button that the operator can click on to indicate the chat is being taken care of so other operators aren't also typing a response just to get kicked out. Still a wonderful customer service tool that really comes in handy and is convenient for the customers! I haven't had to contact the customer support yet, but they are always eager to help in any way that they can, so I'm sure that when I do, I won't be disappointed.
Proseasy to use and always improving
Consmultiple operators can start a response to an inquiry and the first one to hit enter wins. Would be helpful if the operator who will deal with it can click on a button 'respond' so that other operators will know and won't

By Olark on January 13, 2017
Thanks Natasha! Not sure if you've tried Round Robin routing for chats yet, but that might fix the issue of not knowing when a chat has been answered by another operator. Chat with us on Olark.com if you want to know more about that. [-Karl]
Dallas K.
VP Marketing
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
January 24, 2017

“Great chat solution”

OverallWe've been using Olark for two years on our website and usually perform at least 3 chats every business day with it. The chat interface and its behavior are nicely customizable to match our site's appearance and business workflow. Favorite features include the integration (we use Sugar CRM) for passing records of chats back into our CRM and marketing automation system (inbox25) and what Olark calls its Targeted Chat capability, where we can have automatic behaviors initiated for certain types of visitors on certain pages of our site, e.g. automatically initiating discussions with website visitors from North America who spend longer than a minute looking at our case studies. We're fans of Olark and recommend it. Try it out on our site if you haven't already - it integrates quickly and is easy to test.
ProsSupport is very responsive. Company uses Olark chat service itself for support - so you always end up getting a real person in real time during (West Coast) business hours.
ConsOccasional service disruptions, but rarely longer than a few minutes.
January 24, 2017
Rich C.
I.T. Manager
51-200 employees
January 25, 2017

“Great, easy to use service”

OverallThis is a very easy turn-key solution to customer website chat. Our agents find the software very easy to use. Our customer really love the chat and ask us anything about our products and services, and often even place orders with our agents. Olark has been an invaluable addition to our customer service philosophy. Some things I wish Olark had the ability to do: 1. Block a user from entering a credit card number (yes, it happens) or custom RegEx matches, 2. allow customers to chat with us via SMS on their phones (our agents would chat in the same chat window that they currently do), and 3. have an Olark Android app so our agents can chat with customers after hours if needed (yes, we would pay them :-). Over all the experience has been very positive. Olark's customer service is caring and responsive. I would recommend trying Olark (really it's easy to implement or turn off). You've got nothing to lose, really. You can customize almost everything about it from the user's point of view.
ProsVERY easy to implement and customize. Great use experience.
ConsCan't think of anything right now.
Recommendations to other buyersI really can't imagine why someone wouldn't try it. There's really nothing to lose. Turn it on and if you don't like it, turn it off.
Bo A.
Director of E-Commerce
Printing, 10,001+ employees
January 13, 2017

“Easy to use and get started with”

OverallOlark is a great chat tool. When you focus on one part of customer support like they did (chat), you end up with a good product. Pricing: I like their pricing policy. You can define the actual number of operators and get billed accordingly. You can go up and down on that number as you need. Functionality: Both the chat client and the operator view are easy to use. There is enough functionality to allow you to transfer chats between operators, ask for feedback, etc. Another great feature is sending some visitor information from your website where you use the client to the operator. For example, if your users log in, you can transfer the user information, email, etc for the operator to see. Stability: There have been some stability issues in the months before January 2017, but Olark seems to be on it and it improved recently. You can sign up for SMS and email alerts too. Reporting: Reporting is available, altho I would like to see some improvements. Most serious companies with a good customer support have operator schedules. I would love to be able to have the ability of defining schedules for each operator and have that included in the report. As much as you want to get reports from end users and about their satisfaction, you need to keep track of the operators and if they are sticking to the schedule.
ProsEease of use and integration.
ConsSome stability issues and outages.
Recommendations to other buyersImproved reporting would be welcomed.
Igor C.
Sales Manager
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
April 10, 2018

“Simple live chat software that gets the job done”

OverallOlark is a great first ever live chat software. It is super easy to set up and use. While it may lack features, everything critical is already there and working. So if you don't need any extra bells and whistles - Olark will work well for you.
ProsThe biggest advantage of Olark is how easy it is to install and have it running in no time. The dashboards features pretty extensive analytics and chat history. Customer support was also pretty quick when I had an issue. They also have a mobile app but I rarely used it.
ConsI think the biggest con is that very same simplicity that makes it easy to use. I have had hard time generating a really detailed CSV report about the chat history of our team with timestamps, client emails, names, etc. The customization of the whole Olark experience for both us and the client is also pretty lacking.
Nathan P.
Director of Client Training and Onboarding
October 31, 2018

“What Olark lacks in functionality, it makes up for in simplicity and clean UI”

OverallOverall, I've loved using Olark as a simple sales and support tool. However, any ticket creation or formal integrations are lacking. If you're looking for a tool that is more than a simple one-to-one, one time communication tool, then I would look elsewhere.
ProsThe UI is clean, easy to use, and is honestly just pleasant to log into every day. Beyond that though, the shortcuts are helpful, and the storage of past chats is really advanced for the price point, and easy to sort through and keep track of. Lastly, the reporting and metrics are helpful in making informed decisions.
ConsThere isn't a lot to Olark. It's a chat tool, pure and simple. The integrations are available, but they aren't easy to connect, and they don't provide a lot of output for the trouble.
October 31, 2018
Julie N.
Managing Director
Retail, 1-10 employees
January 15, 2017

“Squawking like a galah from outback Australia”

OverallWe installed Olark pigin live chat on our first website and found it invaluable in assisting customers to choose the correct size of footwear and clothing. The most frequent question asked has been how much for postage? Livechat is useful for getting lazy/unmotivated/ web illiterate online customers quick answers. Despite the increasing popularity of live chat now - Australian web customers are reluctant to chat when the conversation is instigated by the website.
ProsIt works and the vendor does not continuously pester us to upgrade.
ConsI would like greater flexibility to change its appearance. This Christmas the festive themes were non relevant to Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere
Recommendations to other buyersLive chat does make a difference and small online retailers should install it as it allows them to put a more personal touch to the service they can offer on their online store.
January 15, 2017
Alan O.
Growth marketing gun for hire
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
March 29, 2019

“Helped up convert bigger customers and expand customer service”

OverallThe team had been using Olark for support before I joined and had it available for everyone looking at the website. When I joined I did some analysis to see if it was worth keeping Olark running on the front-end of the website where non-customers could use it. Or could we save money and resources and just make the support available to customers after they logged in. I was very nicely surprised to find that leaving it on the front of the website resulted in us converting customers x3 times the average size. I guess they liked to check us out and make sure there were real people there to talk to if any issues. The end numbers were that for every hour a support person was answering questions on the site we were earning a little over $100 in return. These numbers resulted in us actually expanding the customer success team to make sure all time zones were covered.
ProsEasy to set up and run with a distributed support team across the world.
ConsNo real downsides. The software worked exactly as advertised.
March 29, 2019
Brent Lionel M.
Virtual Assistant
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
December 10, 2018

“Olark is a great tool to respond to customer enquiries”

OverallOverall, it's okay but there's a lot of room for improvement.
ProsOlark allows you to create a pre-chat survey to get leads. The fallback message is cool too specially if you're not able to answer any chat within a span of time. You can also forward the message to the right department that must take care of any request from a possible customer or existing customers. The Pro version allows the chat support to access the scree of the customer with the customer's approval. You can also transfer the chat to another chat support member. Their cobrowsing is super duper useful.
ConsThe chat window templates doesn't really look good and their design are not that attractive. The design of the templates should be improve so they can be attention-grabbing and appealing.
December 10, 2018
Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees
July 9, 2018

“Use Olark on company website to live-chat with clients to answer questions, redirect them, etc.”

OverallAbility to chat directly with our website visitors in real-time, and help guide them through our site in order to hopefully complete a purchase. Helps make the site seem more user-friendly and transparent when users know there's a real human to chat with and answer their questions.
ProsVery user friendly and easily customizable website live-chat feature. You can easily add your own branding/styling to the look of the chat, as well as customize the automatic replies and opening line. Rules also give you lots of ways you can fit Olark to your specific website or needs- i.e. we've setup different rules for visitors who reach different pages on the site, so we can help direct them to what they might be looking for there.
ConsWanted to use Olark on multiple sites owned by the same company, but was difficult to manage multiple accounts at the same time- costs more to add to each new site, and can't share the same settings. Would like to organize the past chats a little more.
July 9, 2018
Abiola A.
Consumer Relations Analyst
Consumer Goods, Unspecified
Used the software for: I used a free trial
July 2, 2018

“Excellent helpdesk solution.”

ProsI have tried and administered a few helpdesk solutions over the years and I think Olark stands out for me at this time,it could be different in future though. I love Olark's simplistic approach ,everything from its user interface ,add-on services and features are simplified for teams and organizations to have a perfect understanding of how they work ,and how best to maximize their impact on an organizations sales(customer service) activity. With Olark ,I am able to measure the performance of all agents reporting to me , set a limit on the amount of chats an agent can respond to at one time ,access vital analytic which becomes very important to helping my organization better prioritize chats,score our leads and modify our sales strategy by leveraging on the insights in visitor data collected from social profiles and on our website by Olark.
ConsOlark needs to continuously innovate the Olark helpdesk solution. Over the last year ,Olark hasn't undergone any major change or upgrade in terms of features. An overly confident organization,yea?
July 2, 2018
Lydia S.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees

“Olark & Venntive”

OverallWe integrated Olark with Venntive and our customers as well as we find it incredibly valuable in managing customer questions and impressing new website visitors. Adding chat to your website really makes sense when it's integrated with your CRM and triggers a workflow for prompt follow-up. It's a great complement to our Tickets forms. We save our customers a ton of money over apps like Zendesk, UserVoice, and GetSatisfaction.
ProsIt's super easy to implement and customize in many ways. The folks at Olark are incredibly responsive to questions.
ConsHmmm, can't think of anything at the moment.
Recommendations to other buyersTry the free version but if you're really serious about creating an end-to-end marketing-sales solution, upgrade asap to a paid version and integrate it, ideally, with Venntive. ;-)
Nick S.
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

“Overall good product!”

OverallWe started using Olark because of it's simplicity and ease of use. Olark has served us well in that it only took minutes to integrate into our website and be fully functional. The customization features are simple enough that anyone can set up the integration. The only need to tie up Developer Teams is to copy/paste the snippet into the website code and you're done! If you're looking for a chat product that is simple yet professional looking, Olark is exactly what you're looking for!
ProsThe ease of integration and simplicity of the setup and customization
ConsThe removal of the co-browsing feature. In my mind, that was one of the things that set Olark apart from the other chat vendors. The ability to be on the phone with a customer and be able to see their screen makes customer service much easier and allows us to add a personal touch to our customer interactions.
Recommendations to other buyersBring back the co-browsing feature. Even if you dont have the ability to control the users screen for them, the ability to simply see what the user is doing and be able to direct them was paramount!
Carly W.
Executive Assistant
Events Services, 11-50 employees
January 13, 2017

“Olark Makes Communicating with Prospective Clients Easy and FUN”

OverallThe reason I rated Olark so high is because I know they're working hard to provide their clients (those offering the customer support to THEIR clients) the best version possible of their product... Thus, offering our business clients an enjoyable interface and avenue of chatting to learn more information about our business. Every 6 mo or so we will receive an update or survey email from OLark, which says to me they ARE interested in their client's opinions and they do value us. Not to mention the interface is sleek and good looking and easy to use.
ProsInterface and ease
ConsYikes. I'm not sure. Maybe how often and loudly it pops up every time you open our page! That might be an option we can change though.

By Olark on January 13, 2017
Thanks Carly!! [-Karl]
James D.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
January 27, 2019

“Very easy to use, for both website visitors and employees alike.”

OverallOlark works very well for what it is. Besides the occasional outages, it works exactly as described. We love being able to chat with our customers, but sometimes it would be handy to be able to send a screenshot of what we're looking at on our end. Otherwise, it works great.
ProsOlark is very easy to use for all participants. We were concerned that it would be difficult for our website visitors to get the hang of, but we've not had any complaints so far! It's very easy for us to use as well. We especially like the chat log feature. It helped us create a database of commonly-asked questions, which helps us when we have a new employee answering the chats.
ConsWe've experienced a few outages, but they weren't very long. We were able to get back up and running within minutes, which is very important. The ability to share images with the visitors to our website would be handy. Other than that, we haven't had any issues.
January 27, 2019
ELDHOSE K.
March 27, 2019

“A best solution to chat with customers on live website”

OverallWith Olark we can manage all our customers and to have reduce our issues on the website in a higher manner. Olark is a great tool to manage all our needs.
ProsOlark is the best application to chat with customers and to engage with them so that we can generate more sales, Olark is also a great tool to manage the users who are currently visiting our website and to have their issues solved on real time. We are using the tool to solve issues which our customers raise when they visit the website. Olark seems to fulfill all our needs are we are happy with it.
ConsThe main issues is that the chat has a delay of more than 2 minutes, this makes the customers annoying. Please try to fix this issue asap.
March 27, 2019
Steve L.
IT Manager
Consumer Goods, Unspecified
June 21, 2018

“Olark has been our trusted customer chat software for years.”

ProsEasy to install. Both desktop clients as well as web clients available. Can set up default response templates. Nice back end reporting. Various configurations are available for the customer user interface depending on your preference.
ConsNeeds an auto responder. If it has one, I don't know where it is. I want it to auto-reply to the customer with a message such as, "Thank you for your message. Please give us a couple minutes to reply." We have customers who expect an immediate response and don't want to wait more than 15 seconds.
June 21, 2018
Aden A.
Director of Marketing
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
February 1, 2017

“Best Live Chat Option Out There!”

OverallI've looked at a number of live chat providers and Olark is my hands down favorite. It's incredibly easy to use and loaded with powerful features like targeted chat that you can't get from almost any other provider. Plus, the good folks over at Olark are incredibly helpful. I only gave Olark 4/5 stars for Features & Functionality because their Salesforce integration doesn't have many customization options and they don't have a Slack integration, but hopefully those will be rolling out soon. Otherwise, Olark is about as good as you can get!
ProsSuper easy to use, but loaded with powerful features.
ConsNo Slack integration and the Salesforce integration is a bit clunky.
Recommendations to other buyersJust get it!
February 1, 2017
Cheryl H.
Front Desk
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
May 23, 2019

“Great chat interface with an abundance of quality options”

ProsThis chat software makes bridging that gap between customers and your company easy! I love that I can be assisting guests on the phone, and assisting a guest via chat simultaneously providing better customer service as a whole. I like that it keeps a full history of conversations and contact information for long periods of time. This is great for marketing and follow up.
ConsI do wish there was a canned response that tells the customer "Agent" is away from her desk, please leave a message and a contact number and she will follow up shortly", as opposed to just saying there are no agents available and leaving customers in the dark.
May 23, 2019
Brandie A.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
December 21, 2018

“Olark = powerful tool for teams”

OverallVery easy to use. Great visibility to customer experience with your business.
ProsOlark was simple to install, integrates well with our Wordpress website, and it was easy for our service reps to use. The best part about Olark from a business standpoint is the chat log. You can audit all chats, which will allow you to train operators on best practices for chat. You can also see how many chats go unanswered and when, and try to figure out why.
ConsMy only complaint is that I wish it integrated better with HubSpot.
December 21, 2018
Jeff B.
Director of Support
Computer Software, 51-200 employees

“Really like Olark”

OverallOlark has been great for us. It's been terrific to communicate with customers this way, however there have been some issues. 1) There have been a few times where Olark goes down. We don't rely entirely upon Olark, but that still causes problems 2) Cobrowsing is going away and that was the big differentiator between Olark and everyone else I evaluated 3) You can't include things like gifs and images in chat. Overall, pretty good product but lacks a competitive moat.
ProsWorks well. Easy to use. Easy to set up new operators, chat with customers, etc. Integrates with Help Scout, Zendesk, etc
ConsIt goes down at least twice a month for a few minutes to longer. Can't share gifs/images Doesn't have a lot of features or functionality to separate themselves from the pack
Recommendations to other buyersExplore it and try it out!
Deborah B.
Customer Service, Live Chat Specialist
Publishing, 1-10 employees
January 13, 2017

“Love the New Button Customization, and simplicity”

OverallWe have been with Olark for just over 1 year, after using 2 other software options in the industry. For the price, Olark I believe has been the easiest to use with a clean design, customization options for your chat button, and with excellent customer service. We are very happy with Olark!
ProsClean design, ease of use as the administrator, and quick response from the customer service team.
ConsSome of the initial information about the customer was hard to read...but with the new colors and look that showed up today, I think it has much improved.
Recommendations to other buyersI have a few operators who use glasses and have "older eyes". They have a hard time reading some of the initial customer text because it is so small. It would be great if there was customization options for how large the text is in the back of our chat settings.
James P.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
July 24, 2018

“One of the best live chat options out there”

OverallThe biggest benefit is giving my prospects and customers another way to contact me without emailing or picking up the phone. Plus, it's been proven that live chat helps to boost your conversions, so it has had a positive impact on sales.
ProsI like that this was simple to install, plus it integrates with Google Analytics, which allows you to build data on where you chats are being initiated. I love the fact that it's unobtrusive on my website - some of the other chat services out there were too big and cluttered up my site. Olark doesn't.
ConsI wish that there was a way to put chats on hold, or at least give the person chatting the option to leave information for a follow-up email later. I also wish that it allowed you to customize just a little bit more. It's important from a design standpoint to have the chat box match your website.
July 24, 2018
Shirine M.
Founder and managing director
January 23, 2017

“Easy to use, looks good!”

OverallThe software is very easy to use and setup, does the promised job and we particularly love the fact that it allows you to see where the customers are located, what they're looking at and what they're adding to cart. Wish it had a feature to add product pages into a chat (rather than sending links). Also, really like the new hummingbird! Highly recommended.
ProsThat you can see where the customer is located, which pages they're on and what they're adding to cart.
ConsCan't think of anything I don't like about it.
Recommendations to other buyersMaybe create an app for businesses to run live chat on the go rather than on mobile?
January 23, 2017
December 9, 2018

“Easy to use”

ProsIt's ease of use. Setting shortcuts, updating what the end-user sees, changing the overall look, these are all really easy to do with Olark. Having used Zendesk as well, I really believe that Olark is a better all around experience for live chat.
ConsIt's not the greatest for reporting, so it's a solution that can be outgrown. Which is too bad. I've also experienced a bit of outages with it, though they don't last long generally.
December 9, 2018
Todd B.
Happiness Lead
Internet, 51-200 employees
July 18, 2017

“Easiest way to bring real-time support to your customers”

OverallIt's a quick and easy setup tool that gets you chatting with your customers in real-time. It's very reliable and integrates nicely into the workflow we have for our other help desk software.
ProsSimple, easy and reliable chat tool that integrates well with CRM and other Help Desk software. Olark has been a game changer for us, we now can offer support right in the moment as customers need it to keep them running smooth with our product. The Olark team also provides stellar support over live chat to their own customers.
ConsThere much more designed for smaller chat teams, and lack a few features. They've just now implemented file sharing with in chats, this has been a huge help, and is something we've needed. They also don't quite have a note feature yet which would be very handy for our internal communication.
July 18, 2017
Jake V.
IT dev
Insurance, 11-50 employees

“Olark rocks”

OverallWe're able to conduct business over our website that never would've been possible before. Now people who don't like to talk on the phone can communicate with us effectively enough to receive the same level of service as those who call in.
ProsThe white label option is key. No business wants advertising for another business on their website.
ConsWhite label pricing seems a bit ridiculous.
Recommendations to other buyersSeriously, give us a discount on the white label pricing. It's an unreasonable premium, and can be reduced without impact. Don't eliminate the premium altogether, just be less grabby.
Kevin L.
Wholesale, 1-10 employees
January 13, 2017

“Olark Makes Support Easy”

OverallChat support is key to providing the best customer service possible. We find the ROI is well worth it as customers are happy they get answers in seconds with out having to send an email. The tracking and other customizations that olark exposes makes it easy to see what all of your customers are looking at and ensure they are seeing the correct pages.
ProsBeing able to get live analytics is key. You can see how many people are on your site and what they are looking at.
ConsWe have seen the software go down more than we like with no real explanation of why. While its up 99% of the time any down time during business hours is not good.
Recommendations to other buyersI highly recommend looking into the additional hooks and integration Olark supports.
Emmanuel A.
Software Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
April 3, 2019

“Great Live Chat I have Used”

OverallUsing Olark, really skyrockets our sales and we saw great ROI, we converted 80 percents of the visitor that comes to our site because we provide live support and answer to their questions real time.
ProsOlark is a great and easy live chat software I have ever used. you can easily integrate olark if other CRM software Google analytics salesforce, MailChimp, etc.. for a customer to make the final decision on our product olark has been a great tool for us to chat with customer real time. The most amazing part that I love most is been able to track what people doing at the website, the page they currently visiting and this has been a great tool for us
Consexcepts for downtime that we experienced in two or three occasions, everything is great
April 3, 2019
December 20, 2018

“Great customer support chat solution”

OverallOlark helps us to achieve better communication with our customers and to resolve smaller problems are users are experiencing almost instantly.
ProsIt is easy to use and it works like a charm. Instant notifications and email summaries are really helpful for improving communication with customers.
ConsAll is great except the issues we are getting from website performance tools which always mark Olark resources as a potential issue to page load experience.
December 20, 2018
October 15, 2018

“A customization chat function for e-commerce”

OverallA simple way to add live chat and messaging to any e-commerce website
Pros A lightweight async chat client that does not slow down your website load times, the UI can be customized to match your brand. Many plans and features including team management, transcripts, visitor page and cart tracking.
ConsFor our free legacy installation the visitor page and geolocation tracking is no longer working, not sure the reason.
October 15, 2018
Sean L.
Social Media Manager/Marketing & End-User Support
Internet, Unspecified
April 10, 2018

“Easy to use and very open-ended ”

OverallCustomers have full access to get help right away. Huge bonus for our product. Aside from social media, this is an immediate way for people to get assistance.
ProsUX is easy to follow. Love that we can use extensions such as Upscope. Integrates right into our website and customers love it too. Definitely, recommend this one to anyone looking for a great chat service for direct contact with your users.
ConsCan't think of anything. It's been down one time since I started using it and it was a very short down period. There was a small popup to explain. If I had to recommend one thing, I wish the alert was a bit larger. At first glance, it looks just like something not important so you skip over it but they do attempt to tell you. So I give them points for that.
Tom G.
November 2, 2018

“A quick and easy chat program to add to your website.”

OverallFor an easy to use, easy to set up chat program Olark cannot be beat. It can help you understand whether chat will work for your business and what effort it will take to manage and maintain.
ProsEasy to install and integrate with an ability to set times and behavior with the chat dialogue.
ConsAt the time it required using a third-party chat program on your local computer (e.g. Trillian). They now have a number of chat clients available.
November 2, 2018
Brent W.
Call Center Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
January 25, 2017

“Great for small businesses”

OverallOlark live chat is great for a small business who wants to interact with their customers through a Live Chat feature. For the money, you will not find a better service provider. The set-up is easy and you can be up and running in less than a day. We used a third-party app to work live chats on a mobile device so you can answer live chats on the go! My only major gripe is on their customer support. The reps typically force out web links for you to read about your problem. We had trouble using Chrome and never found a resolution other than using on IE. Overall a great product for a small business.
ProsThe ability to customize your live chat pop up box to match your website. Shortcuts saved many key strokes.
ConsTagging could be improved by forcing tags on each chat. Tagging shouldn't be free from text - you should select from a drop down or check box list.
Scott H.
Director of Sales
Construction, Unspecified
January 25, 2017

“Great for supporting customers”

OverallOlark offers an additional level of support for our customers, many of whom would rather text/chat then pick up the phone, or craft an email. It amounts to instant support for our customers, and another benefit that keeps them loyal. Compare getting your question answered instantly versus filling out a form, submitting a "ticket" and waiting for who know's how long before your question gets answered. Instant chat is the future, and Olark is paving the way.
ProsEase of setup, user interface, reporting, and shortcuts (saves us typing typical responses)
ConsWould prefer to see a smaller interface/screen, but not critical. Would love to see color coding, showing which IP addresses are repeat customers. Dream would be to allow user to tag IP's so instead of seeing IP address: xxx only, it would have in brackets (customer name).
Alex C.
Sustainability Program Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1-10 employees
January 13, 2017

“Olark a good deal for the features”

OverallI compared Olark against five other live chat companies and although it's not the cheapest option, it appeared to be the best price of the options which included the features I was interested in. I'm also glad that it works with Zapier so that I can link data to a Google Sheet.
ProsEase of use to setup on website and easy to customize the look and function of the chat window.
ConsIt was a little confusing when I first tried to log into the chat with a desktop application and the web client seemed to be buggy at times.
Recommendations to other buyersIt would be nice if Olark created a desktop client because my coworkers were confused when they had to install a third party chat client.
Education Management, 1-10 employees
August 22, 2019

“Amazingly easy although this latest version is a slight regression”

ProsOlark is so easy to use and customize. You can have multiple teams and adding new operators is a breeze. Everything else you need in a chatbox can be added on with customizable subscriptions.
ConsIn the previous version they seemed less profit obsessed and you used to be able to screen share easily in the base package. Now it feels like every little extra bit
August 22, 2019
Jesse M.
Support Representative
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
May 27, 2019

“Decent value but performance somewhat lacking”

OverallWhen Olark is functioning correctly, it's a decent tool. The service is affordable, and this has been the largest draw. Our organization uses it as an integrated chat support option and it has helped take our support to a higher level. Some issues arise however when our users contact our other support channels and report "not getting a response" which we determined to result from our rep's not receiving the text, simply open chats with no content. We have no way to determine when this is happening or why but it comes and goes sporadically. When the transcripts are later sent to our email inbox (another of their useful features) we see the conversation, but by then it's too late and our customers are already frustrated. We've kept it for over 2 years because we've built a lot of our other functionality around it, however the problems (such as not having accurate visibility of when other reps are online as another example) have continued and we will likely be seeking an alternative option.
ProsEasy to use Through metrics and reporting Easily integrated with other ticketing and metrics tracking programs
ConsUnable to post images (from the chat rep side) Performance/ functionality somewhat inconsistent Limited ability to create personalized macros Agent visibility (knowing when teammates are online) often unreliable/ not functional
May 27, 2019
Automotive, Unspecified
July 19, 2018

“Great easy to use chat software”

OverallIt helps improve conversion rate for customers as we can help them in real time
ProsUI is really easy to use and customers like it. The implementation was easy to do and customizing it to match the color scheme for our site.
ConsThink the short codes could be easier to lookup. I only know of a few ones off the top of my head where would be nice to be able to click from options to execute
July 19, 2018
Jason B.
General Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
July 12, 2018

“Our Online Chat Platform”

OverallChat feature for our site and sales team.
ProsWe have installed Olark on our site and it is a great tool for our salesteam. It allows us to see who is on our site live and multiple users can engage with site visitors.
ConsIt slows down our website a bit, and I'm trying to optimize page speed for the SEO benefits. I wish it wasn't as "heavy" an application.
July 12, 2018
Chuck B.
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed

“Perfect Fit!”

OverallI have tried out several options for LiveChat type options. Self hosted, a service, etc. but when it comes back to it each time Olark fits. I am a solo operation and for me cost is key usually, however its worth the money with the feature set it offers, having the ability to use Jabber to tie-in on the desktop? Simple. Easy. No more missing a website notification or some clunky "offical" app that some others offer, I can use Messages on Mac and it just works. So for me it's a perfect fit for the budget, for my technology hook-in, and let's be honest - it just works great!
ProsCost, Connectivity, Functionality
ConsCan't honestly think of anything.
Recommendations to other buyersSign-up already.
Joe K.
Marketing Analyst
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
January 20, 2017

“Great tool for customer service and sales”

OverallWe relaunched our website in 2014 and included Olark. Ever since then, it has been tremendously helpful for both customer service inquiries and sales requests. The ability for our clients to access our representatives within two separate departments within a single chat box really brings the whole story together.
ProsEase of use, ability to transfer conversations
ConsTransferring a conversation should give the next operator visibility into the original question.
Alisdair T.
MD
Retail, 11-50 employees

“The Best Choice”

OverallOlark is a solid platform that allows us to serve our customers in an immediate way that many prefer to email or phone. Feature-rich and easy to use and configure, Olark allows us to respond quickly and simply to technical, marketing or customer service change requests.
ProsSimple, Easy, Robust and customers love it
ConsCost, occasional availability issues, needs stronger reporting (perhaps with internal SLA's) and more integrations.
Caleb G.
Marketing Coordinator
Publishing, 11-50 employees
January 13, 2017

“Olark has increased our sales!”

OverallThanks to the ease of use for both the customers and us as operators, our sales have increased significantly in the last 6 to 12 months. The new pricing plan was also a wonderful change and allowed us to add another operator. For us, Olark has been an amazing way to connect with our customers on a more personal level and make sales. Thank you Olark!
ProsThe customization features are not only nice, they are easy to implement and change at will.
ConsWhile I think the keyboard shortcuts are great (and use them), I can see how some users may find it not so easy. So it's good this feature is optional.