Nevron Vision for .NET Ratings

Overall

About Nevron Vision for .NET

.NET Vision is a professional suite for creating state-of-art data presentation applications with spectacular visualization capabilities. It delivers powerful Charting and Diagramming components for Windows Forms and ASP.NET.The rich functionality and exceptional features bring significant technological advantages to your applications. This is backed up by its award-winning component suite, the carefully designed object model and unmatched quality. Learn more about Nevron Vision for .NET

Christian K.
Freelance Consultant / Developer / Trainer
Computer Software, Self-employed
September 13, 2018

“Absolutely Satisfied”

OverallMy main reason for buying was that I wanted documentation and debugging facilities for .NET Code behind the Nevron Vision for SSRS components I develop for my customer. I did not use it for commercial application development yet, but plan future use in some tools for the financial industry, independent of SSRS. So I am especially experienced in charts and their customization via C# code behind, but not that much experienced yet in other parts of the framework.
ProsNevron Vision and its (so to say) derivatives, the charting and graphics components for SQL Server Reporting Services and Sharepoint offer a complete and easy to learn way of data visualization. I learned about the product by developing charts in reports for a customer; I got excellent support (even including code development) in my first attempts to implement data visualization as designed by a PR agency. The product and the excellent after sales support helped me to provide a solution to my customer's highest satisfaction - and so am I highly satisfied.
ConsWhen searching for particular solutions and code fragments I find it sometimes difficult to use the forums, because the search function is not very sophisticated. As a suggestion: it should not provide multiple results from a single conversation/thread. It would provide a much faster overview of various threads' relevance to a particular problem, if I could gather a quick overview of threads with a certain question rather than seeing all posts which hit my search.
September 13, 2018
Mark M.
Computer Software, Self-employed
September 30, 2019

“Powerful and Beautiful”

OverallThe biggest benefits (as stated above) are the sheer power of the 3D plotting engine along with the creation of graphics that are visually pleasing. My overall experience is very, very positive.
ProsI needed a surface plotting package with a ton of horsepower, but also provided graphics that looked stunningly beautiful. Nevron meets (and exceeds) both requirements. The guys at Nevron are super helpful and my products are better because of Nevron.
ConsThe challenge I face is often one of "how do I....?" regarding accomplishing some task. There is a great deal of documentation, however it is often "self descriptive" rather than task focused.
September 30, 2019
Joern K.
electrical engineer / software developer
Semiconductors, 1-10 employees
April 8, 2019

“Fast data visualisationwith many different Chart types”

OverallWe have been using Nevron Chart for several years now for (high volume) process data visualisation and for online data visualisation with various chart types (point, line, bar ...). Even large data sets are hadled in a fast and reliable way.
ProsWe were looking for a fast charting component which was able to handle large data sets and also offers several chart types for display. With Nevron chart, we found a solution which can handle all data visualization scenarios needed and furthermore offers many interactivity features (zooming, markers, data point highlighting ...). Especially the support by the Nevron team is outstanding - even for rather specific requests for data visualisation from our side a solution was found in a short time.
ConsSince Nevron chart offers a lot of functionality and features, the programming model is rather complex and needs some getting used to. But since it comes with an excelent Demo Solution, usually the basic principles for the desired type of chart can be found quite swiftly.
Don H.
Professor
Civil Engineering, 1001-5000 employees
September 15, 2018

“New Visual Basic NEVRON user”

OverallAlthough I have been programming for 40+ years, I still consider myself a "novice" programmer. I am an engineer and researcher and primarily use programming for computations and charting for helping users visualize results. My programming activity varies widely; I will go a year or more with absolutely no programming, then end up working on a small project or two. That is where I am now. My immediate need was to generate a 3D surface image, primarily to check some geometric computations that I was doing. I downloaded NEVRON Chart after trying a competitor (.netChart). .netChart offered some attractive licensing options for me as an academic. But, I was not able to successfully implement their product, probably because of my lack of programming knowledge. So, I gave up after a few hours of trying. In contrast, I was able to generate my triangulated surface chart within an hour (probably closer to 20 minutes, but I wasn't keeping time) with NEVRON Charts. I found a step-by-step example and just followed it. It solved my immediate need quickly and efficiently.
Pros I would have to say that it was the examples that I liked most. I have done a lot of programming, but it has been a while and I am certainly not a "professional programmer." Instead, I am a "professional" who utilizes programming. Compared to other charting options, the examples provided where more clear and easy to follow.
ConsI have not run into any major issues yet. There was some confusion in the purchasing process, but that was quickly clarified.
September 15, 2018
Joe D.
R&D Engineer
Industrial Automation, 10,001+ employees

“Nevron Vision Review”

ProsI liked the aesthetic aspects of your library and the fact that I could try it out as open source first. Also, when I contacted customer service I received excellent support.
ConsI really have no complaints. The software was as advertised. Maybe you could create some content about creating widgets in PowerBI? I guess that would be useful for me.
Dipen C.
Student
Telecommunications, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
August 13, 2019

“Honest Review ”

OverallMy overall experience with nevron vision for .Net is easy to use and help to make custom ux easily and save much much much time. i used trail version so i uninstalled but still i miss this software.
ProsI Like UI's which are great Simple Toolbox Simple Use just drug and make a code
ConsOut of memory if high end code is written (32-Bit and @2GB RAM) UX Loading time was increase if bulky code is present
August 13, 2019
Jeremy D.
Software Developer
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
April 8, 2019

“Excellent .Net Charting Framework”

OverallSeveral business problems solved using this software. Has saved months of work if we didn't have it.
ProsSuperb customer support. Intuitive way of constructing charts. Wide range of different chart types available which are highly configurable
ConsInstalling into Visual Studio 2017 was not straightforward as it needs manually adding to the WPF Toolbox
Andrew B.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
August 20, 2019

“Progressive software ”

ProsSoftware applications should always push the developer to explore. This software helps open up the creativity and innovation within us
ConsDocumentation keeping up with releases I understand the challenges.
August 20, 2019
Mark L.
Software engineer
Industrial Automation, Self-employed
May 9, 2019

“Easy to use charting, great customer support”

OverallI needed a highly performant, multi series, multi-axis chart. THis ticked all the boxed (particularly the performance).
ProsVery easy to use, fairly intuitive once you get used to the API
Consthe documentation is very much "dissect this example". It could be better.