ClearCare Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.4/5

About ClearCare

ClearCare offers non-medical home care agencies an easy-to-use, web-based software. It includes easy scheduling, integrated telephony, two-way communication with caregivers, and marketing tools for the on-the-go marketer. Hundreds of private pay home care customers report that it has enabled more efficient operations and business growth. Learn more about ClearCare

Tammy F.
Director/Co-Owner
November 30, 2017

“I recommend ClearCare because of the robust, comprehensive system. Is is also very user friendly.”

OverallCompared to our previous software....this software helps tremendously in time savings and in cost savings on the bottom line because errors are fairly easy to find when they are made. I can't imagine doing business with our previous software system anymore....it would not have been possible to grow our business like we have with ClearCare.
ProsIt is very user friendly. I've been able to train office staff very quickly. ClearCare has helped our business grow with the all inclusive attributes: scheduling, telephony (clock ins/outs), billing, payroll, family room, payment processing, workers compensation safety. The shift reminders and the clock in reminders allow us to be proactive versus reactive. This is so important for us so that we can stay on top of the care that our clients are receiving...nothing is worse than a client calling and saying that caregiver didn't show up. If we see that a caregiver didn't clock in within 10 minutes, we are calling to find out where the caregiver is at and then if needed, we call our client/client's family to let them know what is happening and already finding a replacement if needed. They know that we are looking out for them. I believe it sets us apart from our competitors. From the get go (onboarding) and any continued needs from customer service, has always been handled with a positive, friendly, and helpful attitude! In addition, I love that they are constantly looking at improving; implementing new and more efficient ways of doing business. A recent innovative change has helped decrease multiple steps in finding care (First Come, First Serve). There was little learning curve to it because it is almost too intuitive...but our care coordinators love using it now!
ConsAlthough the payroll is most efficient, there are some attributes that can be time consuming because some of our shifts in our business, are considered daily shifts. Unfortunately, this payroll system is unable to break some things down so I have to do it manually.
November 30, 2017
Jerod E.
December 27, 2016

“No other Home Care Platform Compares”

OverallA Place at Home chose ClearCare because it was the most comprehensive and user-friendly home care platform that we had seen. It also allowed us to manage our company from virtually anywhere. I knew that ClearCare was the right platform when we realized the ability to track all activity and access all of the data behind it. This has been the number one reason why we have been able to get 100% of our caregiver unemployment claims overturned. This literately pays for the system many times over. ClearCare's customer support has been fantastic. From the on-boarding process through ongoing support, they have been extremely timely, professional, and helpful. ClearCare has They make sure our issues get resolved and even have a ClearCare community area that you can post suggestions for updates. This community area is accessible to everyone and other members can vote on the suggestions that they want to be implemented. ClearCare invests in making their platform better more than any other provider I have seen. Thankfully, we started using ClearCare shortly after starting our agency. It has been a major contributor to our accelerated growth and success. Because of ClearCare, we have had the tools to compete with the industries biggest competitors. Our staff continually finds new ways to simplify their daily processes. It has helped A Place at Home run a LEAN operation. ClearCare continually puts out new tools and updates that help our staff better utilize their time. The more we use the platform, the better and more efficient our entire company operates. Because we continue to be "super users" of ClearCare and utilize all tools available, our time can be better allocated to caregivers and clients instead of trying to manage schedules, figure out payroll, and struggle with billing. I recommend ClearCare to all home care agencies. To those not using ClearCare I ask, "WHY?!" Pros: Forward thinking Ease of Use Cloud Based Ease of scheduling Ability to manage entire operation All contact management Treats you like family!! Fantastic company culture! Excellent customer support Family Room Portal Continuous updates and innovation Continually investing in being the best platform available I could go on... Cons: Have not had one that they have not been able to address and resolve. Advice to Others: It's a no-brainer. If you want to be competitive in your market, you don't have another option.
ProsForward thinking Ease of Use Cloud Based Ease of scheduling Ability to manage entire operation All contact management Treats you like family Fantastic company culture Excellent customer support Family Room Portal Continuous updates Innovatitve Continually investing in being the best platform available I could go on...
ConsHave not had one that they have not been able to address and resolve.
Recommendations to other buyersIt's a no-brainer. If you want to be competitive in your market, you don't have another option.

By ClearCare on December 27, 2016
Thank you Jerod! We love working with your team and seeing your growth trajectory as one of the fastest growing agencies in the land.
December 27, 2016
Gina T.
January 19, 2016

“Great Product With Very Little Improvement Needed!”

ProsWhen I started at my new company 8 months ago there was not a scheduling software in place. I tested several different software companies and options and found that Clear Care offered the most and was considerably easier to use than most. I love how easy it is to utilize the software; after using another scheduling software for almost 4 years I was very worried that my transition to Clear Care would be difficult but I was pleasantly surprised. The customer service team that helped me from the beginning till present is amazing, extremely helpful and patient. Scheduling at ease makes my life as an Office Manager and Care Coordinator run much smoother. I love the feature that allows me to message all of my Caregivers at once which saves me a ton of time that I could use doing other things in the office. I also like that I am able to utilize the software from my phone while on the go, because as we all know, this job keeps you on the go!
ConsI do not like how the schedule appears for an overnight shift once the shift is completed. If I have a 12 hour overnight shift it will break it down in to 2 shifts. I provide paper schedules for my caregiver's and client's at times upon request and I always have to convert the schedule to an Excel or Word document for it to be interpreted easily which is extremely time consuming. I also dislike adding/editing a schedule using the software from my phone (after hours) because the dialogue box jumps around on my screen which causes me to incorrectly click on the appropriate item and in turn makes the dialogue box close and I have to start all over again(can become very frustrating and time consuming.) Fortunately, all of these dislikes can be fixed in the future and the "pro's" outweigh the "con's" considerably.
Recommendations to other buyersSince I had the privilege to be the one that got to pick which software my office used so I was able to demo as many different companies as I wanted before a decision was made. I tested 6 different software options before making the decision to purchase Clear Care. Always look at everything the software includes. It does not make sense to use several different software programs to do the job that one program can do for you and your company. You will not be disappointed with Clear Care!
January 19, 2016
Rebecca G.
October 24, 2018

“Sufficient, but could be better”

ProsI do like that I can access our information from wherever I am, whether at work, home, or out and about on call, since we serve clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The client assessment is mostly thorough and our employees in the field can access this and their schedule whenever they need to versus relying on a printed version. Overall, it was easy to learn and is very user friendly. Billing and payroll is straightforward and easy to customize. The new reports are also pretty robust.
ConsIf you have an issue, it will take MONTHS to resolve. You will get a canned automated response from tech support and then it might take 8 months to get closure, if ever. I'm talking basic functioning, like a cancelled shift still showing up on their new app for the employee or not getting alerts when you try to schedule someone when they are not going to be available to work. These were both resolved in time, but I had a lot of headaches in the meantime and had to come up with workarounds. Furthermore, they have a forum for new ideas, but I don't think they actually do much with that since popular ideas that should be easy to implement are often ignored in favor of other "improvements" which sometimes actually cause more problems.
October 24, 2018
Jim V.
February 2, 2017

“Best Home Care Agency Software System”

OverallI have been using ClearCare for about 1-1/2 years. I have used 2 other systems prior to ClearCare. It is by far the superior system. After seeing a demo of it capabilities I saw how much easier and intuitive it is compared to the other systems I have used. Not only has ClearCare continued to provide a great user experience but it has also proven to be much more stable. Probably my biggest complaint with the other systems was the lack of reliability. That has never been an issue with ClearCare. The other HUGE advantage is their customer service. It has been second to none and it started with my on-boarding experience. I had a dedicated on-boarding specialist assigned to my account. We had regular meetings to discuss our progress and to address any issues that came up. He was very knowledgeable and proactive. He usually had things done before I even knew it might be an issue. That high level of support has continued to this day. In addition, ClearCare is constantly developing new ways to make our experience better. The fact that the system is so user friendly and intuitive has allowed me to continue to add clients and caregivers while minimizing the impact on my office staff making us much more efficient. They also provide information about trends in our industry and access to organizations that might help me grow my business. They have truly become a partner in running my business. I would strongly encourage other agencies to give them a try. You won't be dissapointed.
ProsVery user friendly and intuitive.
ConsThe reporting function can be a little confusing at times.
Recommendations to other buyersStrongly encourage any home care agency to seriously consider using ClearCare. It will make your office run so much more efficiently.
February 2, 2017
Linda S.
November 15, 2015

“We have been using ClearCare for about 2.5 years”

ProsThe best part of using ClearCare is how user-friendly and intuitive it is. Also, I love that you set up the schedule once for a client and don't have to keep "building" schedules each week. I love the messaging feature where you can send a message to a caregiver via either text or email or both and that message and their reply gets automatically stored in their electronic file in ClearCare. It's also nice that you can blast all the caregivers, or a select bunch, at one time to broadcast that you have a shift open. The CareFinder tool is great for matching the service needs of the client with the skills of the caregiver. For example, it would never select a caregiver who is alergic to dogs for a client who has a dog. Clearcare also has a lot of standard reports as well as a good system to create reports based on whatever filter you choose. ClearCare's staff are all very friendly and helpful and will try their best to find a solution to your problem.
ConsThere are a few excellent reports that I would prefer you could change the date range for. For example, instead of just the the lifetime revenue of referral partners, it would be nice to look at the last month, or the last year. Also for the KPI board, it would be nice to see the numbers for a set period of time instead of weekly numbers. And it would be nice to have the option to count unconfirmed shifts as scheduled hours so I can see the total number of scheduled hours per week without having to manually add the unconfirmed shifts.
Recommendations to other buyersDo live demos of several systems before you choose. There are many different features to be considered.
November 15, 2015
Jeanette C.
February 12, 2015

“Love my ClearCare online management system!”

ProsAs a start-up, small business, the low cost per client allowed me the ability to utilize a "state-of-the-art", very well-designed software solution to manage my home care agency and compete with top franchised competitors. I knew what I was looking for to work "smarter, not harder" when I began my own home care agency, and ClearCare had everything I was looking for and more! I was looking for a management tool that would allow me the capability of accessing company records from any computer, tablet or smart phone for "on-the-go" field management. ClearCare has been instrumental in improving my lifestyle while increasing business. Not only has this software freed up my time for sales and marketing, it has also been an amazing sales tool! The innovative and creative addition of the "Family Room," where client's family members and the agency can hear voice messages left by the caregiver promotes transparency of care, and has helped me manage my clients on a daily basis without increasing staff, thereby reducing business expenses tremendously. All the basics such as scheduling, billing, daily task reporting, telephony capability, caregiver notes are all as "user friendly" as you could ask for. I also enjoy the fact that ClearCare is consistently making upgrades and looking for ways to improve the software at no additional cost to their customers. Their ideas are bright, innovative and always geared to supporting the client and making our jobs easier!
Cons1) As of now, there is no way to decipher between a husband and wife for assessments and care plans when they are being billed as one client in one household. 2) There is no way to schedule an "every other week" shift for co-caregivers. This must be entered manually.
Recommendations to other buyersI have researched and utilized many competitors software packages. Purchase ClearCare, you will not be sorry!
February 12, 2015
Susan V.
Executive Administrator
December 16, 2015

“Excellent experience great value for the money, innovative service”

OverallMy experiences using Clear Care have been fantastic. The reasons that we chose ClearCare above the other competitors was that ClearCare gave us a better value for our money. Rather than paying for services we wont be using we are just charged per the clients that we have. That way we can add and delete clients when needed. We also liked the initial presentation and how easy and informative the onboard agent that trained us. She took as long as needed until we felt completely comfortable using the system on our own. The customer service were always available any time we ran into a problem or needed an answer. I was never put on hold. They were there to answer anytime I needed them and they still are. I can call anytime and they are so friendly and right there to help me. The customer support and onboard agents did most of the work for me so it was very easy to convert from manual files. We have so much time now to concentrate on getting new clients because we now use ClearCare to do all the work for us. We don't have to be concerned that the caregiver is at the clients home on time because ClearCare reminders let us know if the caregiver is late. It helps with total hours and I love the Carefinder feature where if we have an open shift I just go to the carefinder and put in the hours I need and it shows me what caregivers are available. I was so surprised when we got all our files incorporated that the whole system was so user friendly and so fast. Wow, I cant believe we didn't go with ClearCare sooner. All those wasted hours manually entering information. Now we have a few hours in the day to just relax and catch up on filing or relaxing because ClearCare does all the work for us. They are always coming up with new ways to make things easier for us. We now love to use the tutorials whenever we need refreshing on a subject. The worksafe link is so helpful so that the caregivers will know what procedures to follow. Every month they send our emails so you can enroll in seminars that they have with the latest in the industry so we can always stay on top of the newest innovations. ClearCare has the greatest employees that really are about getting you an answer to your questions. The people that are in leadership are really trying to keep this company on the cutting edge of technology. We are so happy we found ClearCare
December 16, 2015
Phil N.
Owner-Administrator
March 21, 2017

“One of the Best things that has happened to my agency!”

OverallAfter using two different systems we switched to ClearCare in the Spring of 2014. The difference in ease of use, total functionality, and intuitiveness was what sold us and what has continued to "sell" us on why we use ClearCare. The Wow moment came when we lost two internal staff members within the first year if using ClearCare and ultimately could sustain the loss without replacing those positions because ClearCare is so functional and portable. From the initial setup process to few times we have had to call for help our experience has been supportive and pleasant. It's obvious the support staff are knowledgeable in the use of ClearCare and the back-end processes. The other amazing things are that ClearCare is not static. The new innovations and additions have been many and the ones that we choose to use for our business have worked well. It's nice to work with a thoughtful and intuitive company that continues with new ideas and applications that make this a software that grows with us and the different demands and regulations of our industry.
ProsEase of use and functionality
Consn/a
Recommendations to other buyersn/a
March 21, 2017
Caleb R.

“Best In The Business”

OverallClearcare does a fantastic job with the core Homecare needs of managing prospects, Scheduling, billing, payroll, client matching, managing caregiver and client profiles, and managing the hiring process for caregivers. They do a fantastic job of integrating additional services that help streamline and reduce the cost of processing electronic payments as well as workers comp through their WorkSafe program. The Clearcare WorkSafe program has reduced our agencies workers comp payment by 30%!
ProsI like the fact that they developed a WorkSafe program that is designed to reduce the overall cost of workers comp for our agency. Because of that we have been able to save 30% on workers comp.
ConsThe reports section of Clearcare is excellent but definitely, can use improvements. It is not always easy to get the information that you are looking for, and some reports provide numbers that contradict other reports.
Recommendations to other buyersUse them, they are the best. I have used 2 other companies and in my opinion, Clearcare is leading the charge.
Sonya M.
June 5, 2014

“Office Manager's Review of ClearCare”

ProsClearCare is easy to use and very intuitive. CC meets most of my daily business needs. What I like best is that it's an all-in-one system. I don't have to navigate to multiple places to find client, referral, employee, or applicant info. I just need CC. I always have CC open, as it is an integral part of daily operations. The vendor is quick to respond to emailed questions, and all but once, they have been able to provided me with a solution. I would estimate I've emailed questions 10 times or so in the last 15 years. The caregivers seems to be able to use the system without issue. However, the family members sometimes say they lose their password. When that happens, I don't know how I can help.
ConsThe back system continues to be an issue. Unless we delete an applicant's email and phone (which is silly because we may want to reactive their app), that person can not reapply using the same contact info. So if someone applies in December, and I deem that we do not need a new hire at that point, I will deactivate their application. If that same person reapplies in May with the same contact information, the app will not go through, so the person will not reapply or will supply us with incorrect contact info. Also, if I hire someone new that worked with one of our competitors that also uses CC, I can't set up the new hire's account because CC says that personnel already has an account. When I asked for assistance on the matter, I was told nothing could be done.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure you are familiar with the company's needs and that the people that will use CC the most are computer savvy.
Marcella K.
case Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
April 17, 2018

“Fantastic, User Friendly ”

OverallI love the clock in method, I love that it is user friendly. Family members that are not good with technology can still use this product without trouble. This is exactly what we were looking for.
Prosi love the tracking aspect of the software. I am more confident knowing where my aides are. I love that clear care is growing with technologically than staying behind. I love the clock in application of the caregivers phones.
ConsReports. I wish it did more standard reports or able to add more fields on the back side of it. For example, Some reports run without the clients name which is difficult to use so then we had to come up with a different way and now it is causing us to run two separate reports.
April 17, 2018
Beth C.
April 7, 2017

“Can't say enough good things about this product...”

OverallWe looked at many products prior to deciding on ClearCare. To be honest the price was a little daunting, but once we understood everything it could do for us, we realized we were already paying money to our office staff that were manually do many of the things ClearCare would do automatically. Once we made the switch, which ClearCare personnel helped us do in a seamless, painless way, we realized how much unnecessary work we were actually doing on a daily basis. We used to cringe when our old product was being updated because the next day there was always a glitch somewhere. Every ClearCare update brings new features and streamlined processes. All I can say is that my office, clients and caregivers love this product. It is worth every penny.
ProsStreamlined documentation, payment processing, credit checking, workplace safety and more!
ConsIt is more expensive than other products.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are on the fence, I recommend going for it!
April 7, 2017
Jeff W.
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
January 31, 2017

“ClearCare is the Clear Leader!”

OverallClearcare is the leader of tech within the home care space due to their consistent investment into both their software and also the industry in general. They are consistently striving for better ways to meet the evolving needs of the industry. Our organization is coming up to two years using them . We have five locations and over 400 employees so we know it can handle a good size agency. The only reason I would not give them a perfect score is because there is still evolution happening, but I am frankly aware that they are still leaps and bounds ahead of their competition which I have spent a great deal of time vetting. We anticipate a long lasting relationship with ClearCare. Their customer service and response time has been very good. They also seem genuinely interested in our thoughts and enhancement requests.
ProsEase of use and informatics
ConsSomewhat rigid in some of the functions - which is counterbalanced by reliability.
January 31, 2017
Tim C.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
October 7, 2016

“One of the best choices out there right now - Far from perfect, but better than most”

OverallModerately reliable, with only some downtime. Feature set limited but meets bare minimum requirements in terms of home care scheduling and timekeeping functionality. Very inadequate plan of care module. Works very well on small screens with responsive design, making it the best choice if you have after-hours and weekend on-call support staff. I owned a private duty care company in California for 13 years until I sold it in December 2015. Before July 2014 we used the old client-server version of a competing product called HomeTrak and were pretty satisfied with that, but we wanted to move to a cloud-based solution for many reasons. We used ClearCare from July 2014 through December 2015 and it was satisfactory for us. Not amazingly great, but adequate and better than the other choices we looked at. I'm a CPA and a software engineer and I have pretty high standards. ClearCare minimally satisfied those standards, but did so better than any other solution that we considered.
October 7, 2016
Cameron A.
VP of Operations
Public Safety, 51-200 employees
November 16, 2017

“With continually added functionality and tons of integrated solutions, this is an excellent solution for homecare staffing”

OverallI've wholeheartedly recommended this solution to others in the industry, and have seen others who make the switch be glad they did.
ProsIn the 4 years since we switched to Clearcare, we've seen them continuously add easy to use functionality and integration to the platform. The fact that caregivers can easily see (and apply to) shifts we've assigned them creates clarity and accountability. Having an easy way to communicate with staff through both email and text AND have it all stored is such a plus. We're huge fans of the platform, and glad we switched over 4 years ago.
November 16, 2017
Tena G.
February 9, 2015

“We Put Away the Giant Eraser”

ProsBefore ClearCare, my office scheduled with paper and a giant eraser. We needed the eraser because the schedule changed by the minute! ClearCare brought us into the 21st century. Suddenly, we became more productive, and our efficiency increased immeasurably. No more scheduling mistakes, unfilled shifts, or caregivers showing up at the wrong time or place. Before ClearCare, it was necessary to call each caregiver with their schedules, information about the clients, and directions to each client's home. Huge room for error! The website for each caregiver is amazing! Talk about a timesaver! I also love the family portal. We have acquired so many clients due to this feature alone! Communication is so important when family is far apart. It's a wonderful feeling to be able to provide that comfort. As for the vendor, they don't come any better than the folks at ClearCare! Helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, and respectful. I'm sure I could say more, but you get the picture!
ConsSometimes, the system does go down. Not a lot, but we are so dependent on it to run the business that when it does happen, we try not to panic!
Recommendations to other buyersThere are a lot of companies that can provide adequate scheduling software. However, the level of support and guidance provided by the people at ClearCare can't be found in other companies in my opinion. I would tell anyone trying to decide on which scheduling software to use to look at the people that will be guiding you and supporting you along the way. ClearCare is the obvious choice.
February 9, 2015
Jonathan T.
May 29, 2018

“Great software for client tracking!”

ProsWe use ClearCare as the homebase for our operations. We are able to track clients, employees, billing, payroll, etc. from one piece of software. It has increased the efficiency of our office greatly.
ConsSome of the reporting features could use some tweaking , but the ClearCare team is already working on new ways to report and build custom reports. There are times when autofill data doesn't populate correctly, but it is probably a limitation of the way the data is sourced so it is not a huge deal.
Melanie U.
Recruitment Coordinator
May 25, 2018

“Love this system and it's always updating and getting better.”

ProsThere are too many features that I like about it. It's easy to use, easy to navigate through, easy to correct your mistakes. Positive changes are always being presented. I love the way it can keep track of time accruals to prevent overtime and the feature that helps find the perfect CAREGiver for open shifts.
ConsIf you have a new user or someone does not pay close attention when changing a shift, they may change every shift that was scheduled at the same time instead of just that specific shift.
May 25, 2018
James B.

“Absolutely awesome!”

OverallI have been using ClearCare for over a year now and the single greatest quality of the product is the staff behind it. I often call to have them walk me through processes and they are knowledgeable and expeditious. They "get it"!! I would recommend this product to anyone who is in the Home Care Business. Aside from the staff behind the product, the product itself can handle anything I throw at it. It is intuitive and does not have issues that I can say hinder its performance. I love it!!
Pros - The staff behind it - It is intuitive - It can handle anything I need in running my business - User Friendly
ConsNone
Recommendations to other buyersIt is constantly evolving to meet the needs of users like me. They will not stand still and rest on the products attributes. They keep building in better features.
James B.
May 14, 2018

“Love this software”

OverallIt makes it easy to manage all ends of my business...clients...customers...finaces etc.
ProsEasy to use...manages employees, referral sources, and clients. Really solid software that I truly use to the fullest.
ConsI rack my brain and find it hard to uncover anything negative about the software. If anything...when you are changing caregivers for a shift it automatically reverts back to the default payment price to Caregivers. This creates issues at times if you do not catch it.
May 14, 2018
Justin P.
Public Safety, 501-1000 employees
October 11, 2016

“ClearCare - The Best Software for Non-Medical Homecare”

OverallClearCare was a no-brainer for us, with all of the options available on the marketplace today to agency owners, by far the best software on the market. ClearCare gives you the ability to grow your agency rather than be focused on fixing all the headaches that come with archaic software systems or the big named systems that take weeks to implement, train and understand functionality. We needed something that was scalable, front and back end focused and also easy to navigate, train and implement and get world-class support from. With ClearCare, they have mastered the software needed for Non-Medical Homecare agencies to focus on client care. ClearCare was able to support our new division, offer us world class customer service and support, which was actually something that another Homecare owner mentioned they (ClearCare) struggled with. We were happy with our decision to use ClearCare and cannot thank them enough for allowing us to expand our Homecare offerings to the marketplace.
ProsCustomer Support Easy to Train New Staff on Features/Ease-of-Use Beautiful looking user interface/front facing Product Enhancements and Constant Feedback
ConsAccounting and Back end Financial functionality can be improved (reporting, payroll, accounting, finance).
Recommendations to other buyersGo with ClearCare if you are looking for the best Non-Medical software on the market place
October 11, 2016
Alysha P.
Recruitment
November 27, 2018

“ClearCare Review”

ProsClearCare is very easy to learn. I use this all day, every day. I like the calendar view, being able to use the activity tags and having all of their expiring documents and certifications in one place.
ConsI think they could add to their reports system. It would be nice to be able to find out the CAREGiver's average weekly hours worked without needing to add up the hours by week for the entire year.
November 27, 2018
Gina T.
July 20, 2018

“Easy To Use!”

OverallLove this program!
ProsEasy to Use - This software is so easy to learn in no time Quick to Learn - I was able to learn the use of this software very quickly and became confident in my use easily
ConsI only have 2 Cons: When you are using this program on a mobile device the dialogue boxes tend to jump around your screen When you are unassigning a shift I wish you could do it directly for the dialogue box on the shift calendar
July 20, 2018
Mary M.
Public Safety, 10,001+ employees
March 9, 2017

“Large California Agency - WE DO NOT recommend ClearCare - Terrible Reporting/No Valuable Revenue Tracking for Multiple Reps”

OverallWe left Generations to Clearcare, because the staffing and payroll side of Clearcare was appealing. In retrospect, we regret the move. We own multiple businesses, and we use CRMs like Clearcare for all of them, and Clearcare fails in reporting and functionality. If you care about tracking your Sales Reps and their sales successfully and getting real numbers, DON'T USE CLEARCARE! Reasons: 1) if a referral source (person) moves from one organization to another, IF YOU MOVE THEM IN CLEARCARE TO A NEW COMPANY, ALL PAST REVENUE MOVES WITH THEM TO THEIR NEW COMPANY. This is a simple solution, and is crippling for revenue tracking. As everyone knows, referral source (persons) move ALL the time to different hospitals, ALFS, etc, and even work at more than one at a time. You have no options to inactivate a referral source (person) and then add a new one 2) You can not track Revenue by marketer, it is all linked back to the REFFERING ORG/PERSON, which can ONLY HAVE ONE OWNER. SO sales repA gets a referral from sales repB's source, ONLY SALES REP B gets the revenue credit. 3) Reporting for marekting is terrible - this is NO CRM, it is a glorified scheduling program. You can't use reporting elelments from different parts (for example, a field for Clients can't be reported with certain items related to the Referral source...the list goes on and on). 4) search capabilities have major bugs, which leads to MULTIPLE DUPLICATION of clients, caregivers, applicants, referral sources, etc, and causes a nightmare for larger agencies 5) Onboarding - ANDRIA IS AWESOME. Support if so-so, I give it a 2 out of 5, most are quite lacking in knowledge and know nothing about home care industry processes, databases, and offering solutions to the software downfalls. The support has obviously had little training and does not go through onboarding to understand the issues that new users will have, and which would give them a more robust view of Clearcare. Most of the time we just have to hangup because the support is so frustrating, and the emails...they just don't comprehend.
ProsThe staffing/scheduling module is awesome, but most are.
ConsTERRIBLE reporting (especially marketing), restrictive customization (practically none), and just terrible customer service (outside of one gentleman and a lady, who was our onboarder).
March 9, 2017
Robin S.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
January 26, 2017

“Robin's review of Clear Care”

OverallWhen our franchise "Preferred Care at Home" was formed, it was suggested we use clear care as our tracking software. So I really didn't shop around. After just a short time I realized how easy it was to navigate and how easy it was to train others. Their on line tutorials are good, but just as easy to show an employee and they can use the tutorials when a problem occurs. The customer service has always been spot on. Always solved our problem quickly.
ProsIt's ease of use and customer support.
ConsSometimes slow.
Recommendations to other buyersVery pleasant to use, colorful and easy.
January 26, 2017
Emily C.
Staffing and Placement Manager
April 7, 2016

“ClearCare Review”

ProsI love how user friendly ClearCare is. I have used several other client management systems and by far ClearCare is my favorite! The scheduling function is excellent as well as all the reporting features. I am able to generate reports on caregiver activity and hours worked. Great software! The ability to track notes and activities with clients and caregivers is a very beneficial component of the software. Being able to generate reports is another great function and allows me to stay up to date on a reporting and compliance basis.
ConsI really have no complaints! We have been using this software for over 2 years and are extremely pleased with the functionality of it and with the customer support. I highly recommend this software!
Recommendations to other buyersI highly recommend this software! The scheduling function is excellent and easy to use as are all of the functions within the software. I love how you can put notes in the client and caregiver files. This software keeps us very organized and able to refer to notes and scheduling questions in a quick time frame.
April 7, 2016
Carrie B.
Operations Director
Public Safety, 11-50 employees
February 13, 2017

“Amazing Software”

OverallI have been a user for almost 4 years. After researching other software's available my choice was definitely Clear Care. I can honestly say I have not been disappointed. I don't know how our company could have managed everything without it. Clear Care continues to add new features and expand. If you are looking for a way to manage your home care organization nothing out there trumps Clear Care.
ProsThe simplicity and being user freindly
Consneeds more features for marketing side of home care
February 13, 2017
Whitney S.
August 26, 2015

“We highly recommend Clear Care! ”

ProsI love how user-friendly Clear Care is! We looked at a couple different products for online scheduling and the others fell short. From the home screen to the live view, Clear Care is the best! The telephony really sold us on Clear Care because we love the way it tracks our caregivers and their hours. Also, the scheduling function saves us so much time and we are able to contact the caregivers directly from the program. There are always great updates and the customer support always has the right answers for us!
ConsThere isn't really anything I don't like about Clear Care. If there is something that you need the product to do, the customer service team is always open to hearing your ideas and making changes.
Recommendations to other buyersI would highly recommend Clear Care! From a schedulers perspective, it saves so much time and is so helpful!
August 26, 2015
Susana F.
April 28, 2015

“Clear Care the clear choice”

ProsClear Care is sleek, intuitive, and easy to use. But don't let the simple design fool you, this product is loaded with amazing features and complex performance and reporting tools. We couldn't be happier with the software, and know that it is going to be a key component in bringing our growing business to the next level.
ConsI have no complaints about Clear Care. The customer service is so helpful, and there are online forums to help Clear Care decide what features should be added by popular demand of the private duty industry. Extremely responsive.
Recommendations to other buyersWhen you vet software, definitely look at reviews. Schedule and attend the demo, for sure, to make sure that you like the feel of the product. Then, finally, speak with folks on the ground who are using the product. There is no better recommendation than from someone who uses the software for their own business on a day to day basis.
April 28, 2015
Aurora L.
June 5, 2014

“It's been a great assest for our company!”

ProsI love that ClearCare is so user-friendly! It also is very functional and customizable to your needs. It covers just about every aspect of the Home Health Care Field we need. Any time we have a question, the support team gets back to us promptly and are very friendly. They also welcome and implement changes you may need or questions you might have that cater to your company's individual needs. Also, I love the automated messages to the staff about shift reminders and expiration dates for important documents. I love the fact that I can also send mass messages or individual messages directly from ClearCare to the staff's emails or phones. I might add that scheduling and being able to view who is available for coverage has never been easier! You can also organize how you see your client and staff information, whether it be by name, caregiver, email, location etc. ClearCare also allows you to make shift notes, and activity notes, as well as upload important files. It has just about everything we need!
ConsThere isn't much I don't like about this product. However, the caregiver login via phone or PC could include the ability to view their payroll breakdown.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are looking for software to simply what you do and that is reasonably priced, this is this product!
May 24, 2018

“Easy to use and navigate!”

ProsI like the client and caregiver side details that are available the caregiver portal which has given our staffing department a lot of relief.
ConsIt is impossible to build in separate information for two clients who live in the same home. We are unable to have our caregivers electronically document on the care provided with each individual and must use paper notes.
May 24, 2018
Bob B.
VP of Operations
July 26, 2017

“Our experience has been phenomenal since the very beginning. ClearCare is "Clear"ly the best.”

OverallCost savings in a variety of ways. Scheduling efficiency is the number one cost savings.
ProsThe intuitiveness of the user interface is wonderful. Navigation is super easy as you move around the site. The ability to integrate home care and care management in one system is so valuable.
ConsIt would be nice if the custom report function was able to provide reports in a format other than Excel.
July 26, 2017
Melissa L.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees
December 5, 2018

“Growing Quickly”

OverallThe real-time live view makes managing shifts easier. THe alerts for missed certifications and missed clockins also help us keep things from going wrong. Overall, it has improved the effectiveness of the business.
ProsIt is user friendly. Web access makes it easy to manage anywhere.
ConsGrowing rapidly and customer service suffering a little for it.
December 5, 2018
November 19, 2018

“Main Dashboard ”

OverallThey have gotten better with Help desk access and I truly appreciate it.
ProsI like the user friendly atmosphere and find it very easy to use. I like how everything provides an explanation via tutorial.
ConsI don't like the frequent glitches that take place and the easy mistakes that can take place.
November 19, 2018
Stephanie D.
June 1, 2018

“Organized our processes”

OverallOrganization of our notes and processes, easy calendar management
ProsProfiles for clients and caregivers, ability to keep notes with tags for easy reporting, custom reporting options
ConsCan be slow at times, hard to track old client/caregivers, reporting used to be limited but they just released a new version
June 1, 2018
Rebecca G.
3.5/5
May 27, 2016

“Really Improved Our Efficiency”

ProsIt's so convenient to have our software online. A member of our staff is always on call after our office closes; having full access to our system wherever we are is a huge benefit. Further, I like that our CAREGivers have digital access to their schedules and client info. Between this feature, automated daily shift reminders, and a built in telephony system, I'm more confident today than before this product that we won't have schedule confusion or possible missed shifts.
ConsChange/improvements can be slow and seemingly random, but they do take suggestions on a forum.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you aren't already using online software and you do any work away from the office, you need to make this switch. It has made a world of difference in our organization.
May 27, 2016
Hilary S.
January 21, 2016

“Great product with great customer service that is always working on new innovative features”

OverallClearcare has excellent customer service that resolves problems or answers questions right away. In an industry that moves at the speed of lighting Clearcare is always there to fix any issues we may be having our to educate us on new features that will help us to work faster and more efficiently. We choose Clearcare because we were having issues with the customer service we were receiving from our previous provider and we have been so pleased with the hands on experience we have had. The on boarding was a breeze and they are always willing to have private webinars for our employees to show us the new features that are always coming out. The telephony clock in systems is so easy to use. Having it work through the clients phone makes it much easier to instruct the caregivers. I am don't have to worry about getting calls that the caregiver is not there or that the caregiver forgot their pin number. We know right away when someone hasn't clock in/out or if the have clocked in/out late. The functionality on my IPhone has improved drastically and now I can pull up the dashboard and specific client or caregiver information anywhere within seconds. This is such a technologically advanced company, I am sure half of the things they offer I don't even know how to use yet but even using just the small portion we are currently using has allowed us to streamline our business and make ourselves more available to clients and marketing rather than being stuck in the back office organizing shifts, etc.
January 21, 2016
Keith Z.
March 22, 2015

“Very Nice and Efficient Scheduling Features but Many Issues Overall”

OverallClearCare has a lot of nice features and capabilities. Those that work reliably can make scheduler's jobs pleasant and easy compared to other software alternatives. ClearCare has set a high mark for making things work easily . Unfortunately, having used it for nearly a year and being required to use it by a set date by our franchiser, we've seen a lot of problems. In my opinion, ClearCare has been rushed into deployment and much more testing should have been done before it is ready for actual use. Perhaps some of our issues are due to the rush; rushed, minimal training; and ClearCare needing to try to keep-up with significant growth in their product's use? But bottom line is that we've had to invest much more time to operate with ClearCare than with our prior product with the extra time mostly due to functional issues where things often don't work quite right, and dealing with irate customers over silly little things that should have been better thought-through or that should work right before the software is considered ready for deployment. Simple little things that experienced home care software companies know such as for example to not call adult briefs "diapers" as ClearCare does (it is degrading and we often receive requests from our clients to not use that term) in their inflexible care plans can turn into significant nightmares in dealing with clients. Or the lack of place to enter telephone extension numbers for most contacts. The little things add and add and add until you realize you're spending much more time overall than with our prior product. When significantly higher cost of monthly software lease is combined with increased time spent, it is clear that our total cost to operate with ClearCare is much higher. I very-much wish that our franchiser would switch back to our prior software platform. I'm sure our customers would be happier and our bottom line would look better. Note: I believe that ClearCare may eventually be a fantastic software. ClearCare seems to be trying to add support personnel so as to be able to keep up. We just received notification that we have a new support person assigned and we're hopeful that our requests for assistance will be answered in a timely way, and that problems and issues will start to get addressed with priority ahead of developing more new capabilities that can't be trusted to work right anyway. Maybe in another 6 months or so of testing, ClearCare will be ready for initial deployment.
March 22, 2015
Marie R.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
February 1, 2019

“Super user friendly”

ProsEasy to schedule, Great layout, we also use their ACH services. We do payroll on the side with ADP. It works out great for the size of our agency. Good resource.
ConsFew glitches every once in a while, but they're really urgent and fix it. Good customer service.
February 1, 2019
May 29, 2018

“Clearecare is very useful software. ”

ProsThe scheduling system is great. It certainly helps a business maintain organization. I appreciate all the tracking capabilities
ConsThe customer service is poor. Anytime you message them you generally get a pre written response that is not helpful and nothing changes.
David P.
President- Owner
February 22, 2017

“ClearCare Home Health Agency Software”

OverallI evaluated several software vendors before selecting and deploying ClearCare in our agency. The software allows us to more efficiently schedule and communicate with our caregivers. The software does a very nice job integrating the telephony time tracking and documentation system. The Company continues to innovate and consistently requests the input of users to offer new features and benefits. The Company culture is very helpful and responsive. The onboarding process went smoothly without any setbacks. With this system in place, we are now in a position to manage and track our growth.
ProsScheduling and online application
Consa caregiver app but this is in the development process and should be released soon
Recommendations to other buyersVery comprehensive cloud-based package
February 22, 2017
Racquel R.
February 24, 2015

“How ClearCare has improved our business.”

OverallWe chose Clearcare because we needed an integrated scheduling, billing and payroll software then found that it also enables us to track talent management and compliance for state and federal licensing regulations with our employees as well. We then discovered that Clearcare doubles as CRM software as well and allows us to track potential clients, WOW! While onboarding is always difficult and overwhelming when switching providers, the customer service representative was immensely helpful (and patient with our learning curve) through multiple tutorials and implementation with all of our employees. While we experienced some bumps in the road, as any company does, the customer service team has always been prompt to answer questions, research any issues or special requests that we might have and overall helpful to ensure that we have a smooth experience, which is so important when you provide services to an entire state! By enabling our business to integrate the plan of care for clients with their scheduling and all necessary documentation, as well as track all potential leads, our business has grown 300%. This saves our office staff countless hours and saves us the cost of separate CRM software. Clearcare is like having a full time employee to manage documentation and compliance, only we don't have to provide an office for them! Thanks Clearcare, now we can spend more time focusing on business growth and quality care and less time searching for lost paperwork!
February 24, 2015
Nealy M.
Owner/President
August 27, 2019

“ClearCare Review”

Overallthe CC support team has been amazing at answering any questions promptly. They also provide a follow up call to ensure all needs were met.
ProsLove the clock in/out functionality to know if a team member has successfully arrived on shift. Love the reports
ConsThe recent downtime with the software, occurring on Friday afternoons, end of month and year end. The follow up explanation were sufficient, created challenges during those times.
August 27, 2019
Robyn N.
HR
December 4, 2018

“Great System”

ProsOur office has been using ClearCare for several years. The software is very easy to use and has many functions. This software is a must for every business.
ConsSometime ClearCare can run slowly, as this software is internet based.
December 4, 2018
Dustin D.
Co-Founder
November 10, 2014

“Review ”

OverallClear Care is a very good system. It makes it very easy to keep track of payroll, billing, and creating reports for your companies growth over the course of time. The scheduling aspect is the best I have seen. I would make a suggestion of an automated phone call as opposed to text messages for reminders of shifts. Text are good, but that is an extra step that if the caregiver states i did not receive a text they received a phone call or message. My one big complaint is the ease of use in regards to syncing clear care and Quickbooks online. I continue to have problems exporting invoices and payments. They have on the other hand provided valuable customer service and have been fast to react when this problem occurs. I just wish the problem would be solved for good. Another addition they could make is a generation of time cards for my staffing business. When I get contracts for nursing homes they need time card records. We use the telephony system, but that is usually a mess because you can not filter clock in and outs for each person. So I have to go through and highlight a clock in time for Sarah and find her clock out time as well. When you have multiple staff members in at once it gets messy. Also, they get a lunch break so if you had an option to auto generate a lunch break that would be great!! In closing, they are a very good company to work with and the service they provide is great. Their response to issues is very fast and professional.
November 10, 2014
John M.
Public Safety, 11-50 employees
April 26, 2017

“Clear Care has some very nice features for home care agencies”

ProsAdvanced billing feature helps our agency with cash flow. ACH, credit card and autopay are also very useful features
ConsIntegrated calendar feature would be helpful. Mobile friendly app would also be a great feature.
April 26, 2017
Kendra B.
April 12, 2017

“Clearcare is so easy to ise”

OverallSo user friendly
ProsUser friendly, support is always there. It is nice that the family can keep in touch as well. Billing is easy.
ConsIt is a hassle when a caregiver calls in and have change the caregiver you have remove the prior one.
April 12, 2017
Andrea H.
COO
March 12, 2015

“Simplicity at its best!”

ProsThe best part about ClearCare is accessibility. The ability to log in from any device, anywhere makes running our business much more effective. In addition to the product accessibility, we also appreciate the accessibility of ClearCare reps. If you reach out today, most of the time you get a response today. Something I love in particular!
ConsI really wish this was a full management product and that way I could replace my need for QuickBooks and Square services. Since that may not be possible, I would love much better integration with my payroll service.
Recommendations to other buyersWhile the system is easy to use, it is important that your staff is comfortable with computers and the Internet.
March 12, 2015
Tom D.
March 10, 2015

“ClearCare Review ”

ProsWhat I enjoy most about ClearCare is how easy it was to transition from our previous software. The way that the product was designed has made it very easy to use. They also provided a training modular ahead of time to prepare us for the changes. Using ClearCare has also allowed us to triage last minute call outs and scheduling more efficiently. Before, we had paper schedules and it was time consuming. Now, we are able to send out multiple messages in minutes and pull a list of accessible caregivers to ease through scheduling. Overall, it has allowed for our company to be more efficient and in return more reputable.
ConsSome of the features are not compatible with what we need, but I'm sure every software company runs into the same issues. Each company runs differently and some features won't be necessary. They also do a lot of changes frequently to the system and sometimes it's hard to adjust without warning to the changes. They do follow up with a newsletter via email to discuss the changes. I am understanding that changes will be necessary to provide the best product possible.
Recommendations to other buyersGo over the training modular and ask a lot of questions regarding what you are specifically looking for when using a product to help run your home care needs. Overall, I would recommend using ClearCare, as it has been an asset to our business.
March 10, 2015