@EASE Ratings

Overall

About @EASE

Installed or cloud-based, @EASE gives you clutter free windows with intuitive menu choices. @EASE's relationship building design helps to build a sustainable future. Retain valuable insights & knowledge about donors. Staff change is no longer a risk. Donate Now is our online giving tool which charities raise dollars with seamless integration. Need Peer to Peer? We have it! Tired of complex & hard to use software? Tired of wasting valuable hours? Call us for a DEMO & we will help your team! Learn more about @EASE

Laurel M.
November 9, 2016

“Information Captured in Smithers!”

OverallUsing the @Ease database has really improved the capturing of our information through features such as the receipt notes and qualities. I have access to all our Foundation's information at my finger tips that is so much more specific than what appears in deposit books or the memo line of cheques. Our bookkeeping practices are more sound and error-proof now than before. I also make great use of the mail merge features and report printing for presenting to my Board of Directors.
ProsMail Merge Various Reporting Features Receipting Information Saved
ConsI have the occasional frustration getting exactly the information I am looking for on reports - this is likley a training issue that could be solved by re-reading the manual.

By Batsch Group on November 9, 2016
Thank you Laurel. We do run seminars on reports and just ran one recently. When in doubt, please call we are always here to help! It does take time to learn all aspects of a program, but reports are important so please just call us or check the Tutorials as we have several reports listed with video instruction.
Jennifer P.
Director of Development
Fund-Raising, 51-200 employees
November 7, 2016

“Big system functionality for a fraction of the price”

OverallI've worked with a big database that everyone has heard of and can say that @ease is capable of everything that I ever used that big one for - and at a fraction of the price. Donors, memberships, volunteers - You couldn't ask for more responsive customer service. The tutorials are well worth the time. Also, I am very happy to support a Canadian-owned company. Not having to worry about fluctuating prices because of differences in exchange rates makes budgeting so much simpler.
ProsCanadian-owned and operated. Multi-constituent functionality. Price point.
ConsIt is sometimes hard to follow the path that tech support offers, I think because it's so intuitive for them. I need to be sure that I am asking questions very clearly and that I am asking them to slow down so I can actually learn from the tech support conversation.
Recommendations to other buyersI have struggled to keep skills sharp with this program after a couple of leaves from work and with everything else I have to do so I know I'm not using it to its full advantage.
September 18, 2018

“Donor database”

Prosit has a lot of information at hand. Once you know how to use it, it is very useful. The reports are very helpful. The support is GREAT!
Conswould like to be able to access more data/information from the reports - it would be nice to be able to drill down in some of them (similar to simply accounting). It takes awhile to understand and use.

By Batsch Group on September 24, 2018
Thank you for your review. Learning how software of any kind works does take time. I have lots of experience in this area having had to learn numerous languages and applications. Regarding the drill down, unfortunately our reports are just that print ready, so different applications do work differently. There are several ways to examine those who have donated to a campaign or to review a donor's gifts. Give us some feedback and we may be able to add a new report with more of the information you are looking for. Batsch Group Inc
September 18, 2018
Darren B.
Marketing & Fund Development Associate
June 5, 2015

“@Ease has been able to deliver a multitude of vital services to help us utilize donor management.”

OverallPros: We are able to easily capture and track: donor info, donation summaries, and donor trends to help us achieve our fundraising goals. We are able to pull and analyze practically any report that we desire, which is helpful with forecasting campaigns and evaluating our successes. It is also a great tool for scheduling grants, proposals, and Impact Reports, which is important with fundraising and donor stewardship. Cons: The updates to the software can be complicating and confusing, especially if you have @Ease on a multitude of computers. It can be highly open to human error with data entry, which means you need to remain at a high level of focus when entering donation information. There are times that you need multiple windows open when performing a task, however, you need to close windows that have vital information in order to open up another window that has other vital info that you need, resulting in having to write down information on paper or trying to remember key information.

By Batsch Group on June 11, 2015
Trained people are the ones needed for accurate data entry. Unfortunately, the only one responsible for the data entered is the person at the keyboard. We strongly recommend training because guess work can be dangerous. Optionally we have added features to help with entry as in the case of bulk hours for volunteer work, where an entry person was unaware that New was required between entries otherwise the activity was viewed as an update. New prompts were added to help the data entry people identify what state they were in ... New or Update. Regarding windows, the profile windows that reside behind the master table windows do need to be closed before toggling between windows. The Donor Profile Report can be very useful when multiple fields are needed. Updates are getting easier with V 2.0 as no browsing is required to determine if Program Files or Program Files(x86) is being used to house the program. Where IT people are involved or staff, this is now just a double on the update patch
Deanne T.
Donations & Office Systems Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
October 19, 2018

“Working with Ease”

OverallThe longer I use @Ease, the more I like it - I'll need to run a new kind of report and find the parameters there already. The basic data entry is very easy to do and the accounting data is easy to set up - the System Maintenance options are sensible and easy to set up.
Pros@Ease is a very comprehensive software for charities, covering almost every eventuality from type of data that needs to captured, to reporting and data extraction.
ConsE-receipts are tricky when errors need to be corrected.
October 19, 2018
Bobbi O.
Admin Assistant
Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

“Great fundraising program”

OverallTime is always an issue for any organization especially if you have a smaller number of staff taking care of multiple tasks. I find the EASE program easy to learn and the emailing of receipts efficient & time saving. Our rep is wonderful - always responding quickly with solutions to questions that can be unique to our charity.
ProsI value the excellent customer service ... always a quick response to any questions or concerns I have. I also enjoy being able to email receipts vs printing & mailing - it saves time and money. We primarily use EASE for receipting and contacting donors, there is much more that an organization could access.
ConsThe software is great ... some of the reporting can be a bit confusing until you get the hang of it but it's often due to a lack of knowledge & experience on my part.
Amirtha S.
Accounting
October 18, 2018

“User Friendly & Great Support”

OverallI have been using this software since 2005. When doing mass mail outs Q Express works well with mail merge. Easy to get new donors into the system with Import utility. Customer support is always there to help us.
ProsThis software is very user friendly. Pledge management, Import, Q express & Reports features are excellent. Great support & training from support team.
ConsRaise Funds with Ease & Donate Now can be improved.
Terri M.
Development Assistant
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
November 7, 2016

“Working with @Ease is a breeze!”

OverallSharron and the crew at Batsch Group are on top of the fundraising world. Always just a phonecall or email away with guidance or advice, with a variety of tutorials and webinars for every situation. I highly recommend @Ease for all of your fundraising needs.
Conswould like it to be windows based

By Batsch Group on November 7, 2016
@EASE is windows based. I think they may have meant Cloud based. We do have a Cloud option using the MS AZURE cloud. Unfortunately, many hospital foundations cannot go cloud based in Canada due to privacy rules.
Janet T.
Fund-Raising, 1-10 employees

“Anyone can use @Ease”

OverallAs an Executive Director of a small foundation, I know it is important for me to have access to information as I need it. @Ease has been a great software to use that has been very friendly for someone like me who is not afraid to get their hands in!
ProsThe features I want are easy to use and it does not require being a computer programmer to create reports etc.
ConsI haven't discovered any real cons. The only advice I have is to use it often so your learning keeps on developing. Like anything... if you don't use it, you will lose it.
Recommendations to other buyersExperiment with the reports. There are lots of ways to analyze your data.
Sharon M.
Administrative Assistant
Museums and Institutions, 51-200 employees
November 7, 2016

“Donors & Members - managing our most valuable assets”

OverallWe manage a donor and member database of just over 2000 and growing. Sharron Batsch and the @ease software enables us do do just that. Manage, organize & take control of tracking, receipting, and most importantly acknowledgement of our donors & members. The database is shared among Administration and Professional Development. We have received excellent training from Sharron and absolutlely the very best support.
ProsIt is detailed. There are lots of options for reporting.
Guljamal T.
Fund Development Assistant
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
October 12, 2018

“Easy peasy donor management software!”

Overall@ease is a big part of helping our agency to achieve our fundraising goals
ProsWhat I liked most about @ease that I could quickly learn how to use this software in no time because of its easy and quick functionality of capturing donors/donations and tracking them.
ConsSo far I like this software very much and have no comments on cons.
Nancy S.
Resource Development Officer

“Ease with @EASE”

OverallEverything is in one place. I can run amazing reports. It far out performs DonorPerfect or Raisers Edge and it is Canadian.
ProsIt is straightforward, easy to learn, amazing support, reasonable price, costs are not dependent on fluctuations of the Canadian dollar.
ConsThere is nothing I dislike about this software.
Nancy S.
Fund Development & Administrative Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
April 16, 2019

“Easy Fundraising with @EASE”

OverallAll my development information is consolidated in one spot. No more using Access, Excel or QuickBooks to record information. All available at the click of a button!
ProsStraightforward. Simple to get amazing reports. Easy to train new users. Customer support is exceptional.
ConsCan't think of anything. If I had a complaint it would be with non-profits opting for US software not Canadian.

By Batsch Group on April 17, 2019
Thank you Nancy! It is a pleasure to work with someone who really understands fund development!
April 16, 2019
Kelly L.
Donor Relations Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
November 7, 2016

“Really appreciate how accessible Sharron is to her clients!”

Overall@ Ease is the only fundraising tool I am familiar with. I find it very easy to use and maintain and like the reports I can generate from it. I really appreciate how available Sharron is when it comes to needing any type of help or information. I enjoy the tutorials and classes that are provided.
ProsHow easy it is to use.
Debbie B.
Admin .assistant
November 15, 2016

“@Ease makes my job easy!”

OverallI have been using @ease for 8 years. Sharron and her team offer excellent support! @Ease is user friendly and I am able to provide reports, mail lists, etc in minutes.
ProsThe ease of pulling reports that are needed.
ConsI really don't have any
Recommendations to other buyersThe support from Sharon is excellent
November 15, 2016
Laura H.
Hospital & Health Care, Self-employed
November 10, 2016

“Valuable software program for Hospital Foundations”

OverallAlways great support from Sharron and team whenever needed. Just a phone call away. Easy fundraising database to work with. Great program for generating reports especially when working with auditors and year end.
ProsGood reliable software, takes care of all of our needs.
November 10, 2016
Laura H.
Foundation Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, Self-employed
October 31, 2018

“Excellent Database”

OverallCreating reports for finances and CRA. Tracking our donations and campaigns..
ProsVery easy to use and exceptional support.
ConsI actually can't think of anything that I don't like about the software.
October 31, 2018
Sharon R.
Finance Technician
Education Management, 51-200 employees
September 19, 2018

“Review for @EASE ”

Overall@EASE has made tracking specific groups very easy. It has also given us a easy and well informed list of all of our contacts, contributions, and helped immensely with charitable receipting and with our fundraising project.
ProsWhat I like the most about the software is that it is easy to use and provides you with all of the options that you would ever be looking for when running reports of looking up specific information.
ConsThere is nothing I could state at this time about what I like the least about this software.
September 19, 2018
Diana M.
Administration
Fund-Raising, 1-10 employees

“SHF Review”

OverallUsing @Ease is very easy and quick. Not at all cumbersome like some databases. The Q-Xpress feature makes pulling information quick and easy.
ProsIt is quick and easy
Ethel A.
Administrative Coordinator

“Administrator Coordinator”

OverallMy experience with @Ease is been excellent. Pleasant to talk to the customer service and the tech support. I have all good praises with @ease people and the software.
Sean F.

“Brenda Strafford Centre”

OverallLike many a fundraiser, when I was hired I got very little orientation/training. I saw the tutorials etc but had little time to go through them and less time to attend training in Edmonton. There were some internal IT issues as well, so ease of use score is certainly partly on our side to blame. The phone support I receive is outstanding and provided very quickly so that's the best part of my user experience.
Prosthe support
Conswhen i make a mistake i find it difficult to correct
Recommendations to other buyersI'm learning!

By Batsch Group on September 1, 2017
Thank you for your review. Sorry you gave us such a low ease of use score, where in most cases @EASE receives 4 of 5 out of 5. Training is important when managing such an important asset. Thank you for your comments on our service. We love our work and the ability we have to help our clients. Hopefully your management will provide you with time and funds to attend some courses. We offer on-line one-on-one training as an option to travel. Chat soon?
Roxanne C.
Resource Development Manager
June 9, 2015

“@ease has been valuable mostly in tracking our donations and contacts. ”

Overall@ease has been effective for tracking all donations for our agency and providing reports on donors, contacts and information for our board. It takes time to use and learn but if offers so much more than what we utilize. The purpose of purchasing @ease was that our agency could "grow" into using more features and have it as an agency used database for tracking all external contacts, especially for succession planning. We are planning to used the DONATE feature and incorporating it in to our special events. When there is something that we need to get from the software and it does not provide it, there is the opportunity to have that feature added for all users purpose. Being on it and using it is the key to success for any user and they must be trained to have the knowledge and expertise for consistent data input.
Kate K.
Executive Assistant
11-50 employees
January 25, 2017

“Thank you for making my job easier”

OverallEven though I still struggle on occasion I don't know what I'd do without the support contract. We have been with @Ease for over 7 years and its truly a program worth learning. I'm sure if we used it to full capacity the benefits would be even greater!
ProsIt is the backup for everything we do; fund development, events, volunteers, etc.
ConsIf I've made a mistake and have already printed the receipt it is difficult to fix the error.
Recommendations to other buyersStudy, practise, study, practise!
Amirtha S.
Accounting Assistant
June 11, 2015

“Easy to learn and user friendly.”

OverallProcessing donations and printing receipts are fast and easy. Can track proposals and correspondences relating to a donor, volunteers etc. Generating various reports is simple. Import utility is the best. Bringing in new data and updating existing data is very simple with this. Excellent support from Sharron and her staff. Easy to do updates & upgrades. I learnt a lot by just clicking on the tutorials. I always enjoy the training classes done by Sharrron. I have been using this software for 10 years and I never had any complaints. Now we have started using Donate Now and it is working well for us.
June 11, 2015
L S.
February 14, 2017

“Review 2016”

Overallthe @Ease program is continually being upgraded and new features added to ensure top performance. Customer service has prompt reaction time with on line assistance to solve any problems.

By Batsch Group on February 14, 2017
Training is important for any organization wanting to use the full range of features @EASE offers. Tutorials are provided through the software well as on-line webinars to support learning. Clients can request special one on one sessions for specific areas. We look forward to continuing to build ease of use and functionality for this charity.
February 14, 2017
Bobbi O.
November 8, 2016

“Highly Recommended ”

OverallCamp Health, Hope & Happiness is a registered charity and we have used @EASE for many years with different staff members easily learning & working in the program over that time. It is user friendly and when utilized to full capacity provides endless possibilities. I have learned basic elements of the program and am currently exploring new and interesting aspects - with much more yet to learn as my responsibilities increase. I absolutely recommend @EASE for all of your fundraising needs - you will not be disappointed.
November 8, 2016
Marla F.
Administrative Assistant
June 15, 2015

“Easy effective donor software program”

OverallMy experience with the software has been fairly minimal at this point. This is a new position for me and I have been using it for about two months. The basic entries are straight forward and make it easy to keep track of donations and donor information. I took a 'new user' course with Sharron and found her to be extremely helpful and informative. The course opened my eyes to the the wide variety of functions and information that can be monitored with the program. I look forward to implementing many of the options that we are not currently using.
June 15, 2015
Grace B.
Donor Relations

“@Ease/Batsch Group”

OverallThe @Ease program has been a proven asset to our donor management needs! The program has a plethora of options for data segmenting, data mining, and reporting. If I ever have trouble with the program, or I cannot figure out how to do something, the Batsch Group team is ALWAYS there to help. Sharron Batsch was once in Spain on holidays and was willing to log in with me to fix a big problem we were having. She is dedicated and truly knowledgeable, and wonderful to work with. I HIGHLY recommend @Ease and the Batsch Group team!
Angie B.
Fund Development Coordinator
November 14, 2016

“The best decision we have made in our fund development department”

OverallWe used to use a complicated, archaic database with poor customer service. We dreaded doing data pulls. Not only is @Ease intuitive, the customer service is superb.
Prosthe customer service support
Consnothing
November 14, 2016
Shauna M.

“Great customer service!”

OverallI have used @Ease software for the past 10 years. They are a good company to work with and have always helped us out when we've had any questions. They are willing to work with their customers, the end users, to make sure the program is helpful and does what they need it to do. There have specifically designed the program based on how we wanted to use it for our fundraising and this is excellent for our organization.
Phil L.
June 4, 2015

“Overall the product is quite good for the small to mid size charitable organizations.”

OverallThe software is relatively easy to use and navigate. Data entry is straight forward. It provides the essentials that most non profit organizations need. Often non profits will spend huge amounts on competitive fundraising software that is more sophisticated but they don't need it. @Ease provides good value for your total investment. The software could add more standard reports that fundraisers need.
Grace R.
Donor Relations
January 9, 2014

“Always there for you”

OverallThe Batsch Group is committed to top-quality customer service and provides a fantastic, user-friendly software program for non-profit organizations. @Ease meets the tracking and fundraising needs of non-profit groups. The tutorials on the website, webinars, and in-house courses, as well as the helpful advice/teaching of the friendly, knowledgeable staff keeps you positive and confident that your data is safe and reliable.
January 9, 2014
Donna G.
December 5, 2013

“@Ease Database - The Batsch Group”

OverallThis is a great Canadian product that our smaller hospital foundation purchased aproximately 6 years ago. We have been extremely happy with the ease of its use and the support that the Batsch Group gives is exceptional. I have been to Edmonton for two separate customize training session and with out a word of a doubt that ability for us to better target our donors is amazing. I highly recommend the product and the company.
December 5, 2013
Dianne C.
Community Relations
June 9, 2015

“Still in learning phase. We are finding the product very useful.”

OverallI have been using the software for approximately 4 months and there is much still to learn. Once a process is learned, the software is very easy to use. The support has been excellent with immediate response to any questions. Currently I do not have any negatives regarding this software.
Susan K.
Admin Assistant
June 8, 2015

“I took over from someone with only a week to learn it.”

OverallThe software was easy to follow and I found that doing it for a bit and then taking the training worked very well. The training was good and certainly gave me a better idea of all what the program can do. Customer service is #1 and any and everytime I called I got the answer. Couldn't ask for better.
June 8, 2015
Dawn S.
Manager, Community Relations
June 4, 2015

“I find this software super easy to use! It makes my job easy!”

OverallOur organization does not use @Ease to its full advantage, but what we use it for is very beneficial. I wouldn't even consider switching to another database! The staff at @Ease have always been approachable, friendly and willing to assist whenever we've needed them.
Diane L.
June 23, 2015

“Review of @EASE”

OverallIt's a great fundraising database program and the professional service from the @EASE staff is excellent!!! Sharron goes above and beyond to assist us with any of our needs.
June 23, 2015
Jim G.
E.D.
June 4, 2015

“We use the software for fundraising and member management.”

OverallWe use the software for management of almost every activity we engage in for fundraising. Very easy to use, intuitive learning and very economical. Easily the best return on investment.
Hanif H.
Manager, Information Technology

“Great Customer Support”

OverallBased on client feedback, @EASE is frequently updated with useful features. It is easy to install and maintain. Sharron is very quick to respond to all support enquiries.