Acuity Scheduling Ratings

Overall

About Acuity Scheduling

Meet the personal assistant for your schedule only better that works 24/7 behind the scenes to fill your calendar and take work off your plate. From the moment clients book with you, Acuitys there to automatically send branded & customized booking confirmations, deliver text reminders, let clients reschedule on their own, and process payments so your day-to-day runs smoother even as business get busier. All you need to do is show up at the right time. Learn more about Acuity Scheduling

Patrick M.
Founder/Teacher
August 29, 2019

“My new favorite”

OverallI have had this idea to create my company for years, now that I am pressing all the buttons and actually firing it up - Acuity has given me access to templates that make my ideas not only possible but also WAY more efficient. For instance, I knew there would be a way to create linked classes over consecutive weeks - but i did not know it would be so easy to set them up. Thanks, Acuity!
ProsI found Acuity through word of mouth - others were using it as an integration with MailChimp - I am very pleased with the robust help section as well as the step by step guides offered. Though still a newbie, the straightforward design and easy to follow directions make me feel like I made a good choice and that the folks who make Acuity seem to know that us small business owners have enough on our hands so making it easy for us to streamline as many workflows as possible while not skimping on design is a huge plus.
ConsThis is not a slam, but its a little like every time you open Safari and its like - DO YOU WANT THIS TO BE YOUR DEFAULT? - no, safari, i don't. but i am using SquareSpace, MailChimp, and Acuity - and i wish i could click a button and just not see all the competing options with what I am already using? I have committed to CRM elsewhere and wish i could hide it in Acuity - this is not really against Acuity though as literally every site does this....
August 29, 2019
Adam R.
Program Director
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
August 19, 2019

“Great for scheduling clients”

OverallOverall I have been very pleased with the software and with the fun attitudes of the designers and programmers. I like the quirky quotes and statements because they give me moments of fun during my workday. I love the value for the cost.
ProsI like the customizable functionality of Acuity the most. However I also very much appreciate the appointment reminder features which remind both the clients and the clinician of upcoming appointments. I love that multiple reminders is an option and that I can customize when the reminders are sent.
ConsI really dislike there is no pin or fingerprint option for opening the phone app. The "Magic Link" is not very convenient and has not always worked when I have tried using it. The app itself is very phone friendly however.
August 19, 2019
Jay W.
COO
Photography, 1-10 employees
August 13, 2019

“Easily solved our complex Photography Studio schedule.”

OverallWe love Acuity and cannot see ever moving away from it. Not only does it manage our booking and syncing with Google Calendar, but it also integrates with our CRM Pipedrive. We use it both on the computer and mobile application while out of the studio with clients which has made booking incredibly easy and no longer a frustration. On top of that, our no-shows have plummeted due to the automation reminder text messages and emails. Something we never had implemented prior to Acuity and now couldn't live without. With how busy everybody is anymore, reminders are so helpful and really make a huge difference so we don't get stuck waiting on a client who forgot to show up.
ProsWe love the ability for clients to schedule themselves, and once we got everything sorted out with how to logistically set up our schedule to account for how our business runs, it has solved so many issues and problems of knowing when to schedule a client. The ability to assign resources and set the availability for those resources is really the best part. For almost any client-heavy industry this is a key feature which allows you to maximize your client load in an orderly fashion. We wen't from thinking our schedule was maxed out, to realizing we had the ability to expand our schedule over 50% thus increasing our bottom line.
ConsIf you have no worked with a scheduling software before, there is a learning curve. We used Acuity for well over 9 months before figuring out how to really utilize this tool to maximize our studio schedule. Granted, the help and support Acuity offers is amazing, but I tend to DIY most things until I get stuck. By reaching out for help and support when you get stuck, the only minor frustration is easily mitigated and goes away quickly.
August 13, 2019
Julie C.
Coach/Owner
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
August 7, 2019

“Over the Top Customer Service”

OverallI literary replaced a $1000./month virtual assistant with this software without missing a beat. I now self-manage scheduling & billing with Acuity in about an hour a month.
ProsEase of use; excellent service and support. Whenever I have had questions, I get amazingly fast response and always an added idea, work-around or added feature to help make my experience even better. Staff seems to really, really like working for Acuity and with each other. Impressive!
ConsThat I can't separate my active clients from my inactive clients. C'mon Acuity, this seems like an easy sorting feature to add! ;)
August 7, 2019
Debbie F.
Owner-Teacher
Performing Arts, Self-employed

“Acuity Scheduling Review”

OverallExcellent! Customer Service is quick to respond, and they're way fun to interact with, besides. Tutorials are really helpful. And the product, itself, is indispensable in freeing up my time on the admin side of things as well as super helpful for my clients.
ProsSo many things to like, it's difficult to narrow it down to just one. How about a two-way tie: The email reminders and customizable, direct schedule links. First the email reminders. These customizable reminders are a sanity-saver for me, my clients, and my business. Especially for summer piano lessons where Lessons are scheduled in an "ala crate" fashion so each week, the lesson day and time changes. With a lesson reminder being emailed 24-hours in advance, I have nearly zero no-shows in my studio which is pretty remarkable with the ever-shifting summer piano lesson schedule. Then there's the customizable direct-schedule links. Acuity has made it so easy for my clients to be able to schedule, reschedule and cancel their own lessons, which saves me countless admin hours! As a solo operation, I'd much rather put time and energy into my students and my craft, rather than behind the computer screen trying to figure out rescheduling options for busy families. With Acuity, I just send them the link (or they click on the link provided in the reminder email), they can easily and quickly see what lesson spots are available, and then a couple of clicks later they're in! Love this feature!
ConsIt's a little baffling why this feature is not available, with all the other great things Acuity does. But when a client asks for a list of all their future appointments, I can only screenshot the list. There's no report I can run or pdf to print or anything simple like that. I can certainly pull up a list of all a particular client's appointments (past and future), but there's no easy (professional-looking) way to send that list to the client.
Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees
June 24, 2019

“Perfect for automations”

Overall1. Overall it is a perfect service. We love it because it has integration with Zapier. We have a Google spreadsheet where we keep all the appointment and see all the statistics. So integration with Zapier saves us so much time. 2. I am not sure yet (not fully tested), but looks like Acuity does not remove guests from Google Calendar events. So if I need to share an appointment through Google Calendar, a guest will not be removed with every sync. Not sure if it designed like that, but please, do not remove this feature. Or maybe even improve it (adding guests to Google Event through Acuity?) :)
ProsZapier and Squarespace integrations. Simplicity.
Cons1.Address field works, but a bit unusual. It does not show address in a regular format. For example: If you need :1229 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20007 You will get: 1229 Wisconsin Avenue Northwest, Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America Not sure if it is limited by Google. 2. Email design is very simple. It is not the most important part, but still. Looking forward to see shared design with Squarespace.
June 24, 2019
Monica D.
Founder/Owner
Publishing, Self-employed
June 11, 2019

“Easily Fits Into My Solo Biz”

OverallOnce I set up my questionnaire and determined my schedule and link name, it really was good to go. I've shared it with a variety of potential clients with no complaints so far as to issues using it. I look forward to getting to know the tool even better so I can hopefully streamline things even more. I believe it will integrate nicely with a WP site - according to my designer - so all the more reason to stick with this one.
ProsThe best thing about Acuity to me is how easy it is to incorporate into my business process. I can easily update my daily schedule before I share the scheduling link with a potential client. I was able to create a questionnaire used within Acuity, and I can just add the link to my site for people to use when they are ready to schedule a meeting. Plus I can customize the link with my business name. And that's just using the free version. I will upgrade when it's time and I anticipate it being even better when I do.
ConsBecause I am not yet using this daily, I don't have any complaints about this tool as of yet. There are all kinds of little things I'm not even using yet and the price is right even to just try out the other features. What's not to like?
June 11, 2019
Natasha W.
Consultant
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed
May 12, 2019

“Great Scheduling Service!”

OverallAcuity Scheduling continues to improve. It helps my business to run smoother because I do not worry about sending appointment reminders, sending payment requests, or following up with clients. The software does it for me. I am able to block out time slots when I'm busy and add in time when I need a buffer after each client. Acuity Scheduling is fantastic for consultants, entrepreneurs, teachers, life coaches, and freelancers.
Pros-I can embed my schedule on my website. -Acuity gives me a personal link per my schedule and/or per each service. I am able to send the direct link to clients. -It is easy to set-up, and Acuity allows for multiple calendars and multiple services. -I can group my services and offer add-ons for an additional cost. -Acuity sends reminders to my clients, confirmation emails, and a thank you note to my clients. -It syncs well with PayPal and Stripe to accept payment from external vendors. -It also allows me to make packages, gift certificates, and coupons to offer to clients. -Acuity is very customizable; I can input my logo and change the colors on my calendar to indicate certain services and times. -When clients book, I can include a form that I would like for them to complete before submitting the booking, which allows for me to ensure that they read my terms and conditions and to ensure that they are a great fit for my business. -The mobile app is just as great.
Cons-The free subscriber options are limited. You will have to pay to get the full service, but you cannot pay to add-on single aspects of a service.
May 12, 2019
Viktor N.
Marketing Strategist
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
April 18, 2019

“Best scheduling tool ever”

OverallBeen using Acuity for several years (3+) and continue using it for schedule consulting meetings, strategy sessions, meetings with customers, etc. It would be a lot more difficult to run my business without Acuity. Sure there are other tools, but none of them compare to Acuity in easy of use and feature set. I could've gotten a lifetime deal for $50 to one of their competitor recently and save hundreds/thousands of dollars over the next few years, but it had terrible UI and wasn't worth it. Continue paying Acuity monthly, it's worth it.
ProsIt has everything you need for scheduling. It integrates seamlessly with my Google Calendar, so it pulls my availability from calendar and updates calendar with appointments when they get scheduled. Makes my life extremely easy. Plus, it sends out reminders to people - email and SMS - to make sure they show up for the meeting. I have multiple calendars for multiple things, all work well together with my Google Calendar. The scheduling page the users see to book an appointment is by far the best one out there. It's easy to use and understand what's going on. I don't like scheduling meetings with other people that use other scheduling tools, so convoluted.
ConsOnly thing that I thought would be nice that I haven't seen done yet is being able to specify a number of appointments available per week. So I have time available from 10am - 5pm Mon - Fri, so anyone can book an appointment. But I would like to limit bookings to 10 appointments per week, regardless what day/time they get booked. So after 10th appointment is booked, the whole week becomes unavailable. Other than this, everything works great.
April 18, 2019
Zach C.
Financial Associate & Office Manager
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
April 8, 2019

“Great Calendaring Software for Teams”

OverallOverall, our experience has been great. The customer support has been top notch, there are integrations to most of the apps we use, and this seriously probably saves us 4-8 hours per week.
ProsWe have 6 different team members. Most of the time, 2 or more team members will be involved with a client at a time. Before we were trying to juggle times back and forth on Outlook using scheduling assistant, which doesn't work if the client is not within your outlook network, which they never are. Also, we used to send a long list of meeting times out when someone would request an appointment. We would wait until we had a handful of appointment requests before sending them out because it was so labor intensive to do so. Our reminders have never been more helpful to our clients nor more consistent.
ConsWe have run across some training hurdles, especially when using "blocked" times vs appointments. For one, blocked times do not actually transfer to our calendars on Outlook. Also, if someone has multiple calendars, for instance we usually have 2 team members in every meeting, and the team pairing is not always the same, then we have to remember to block off time on every calendar that team member is associated with. Also, I still do not know exactly how the locations function works. We have 3 different offices and lets just say we've manually changed our reminders to spell out the address and have different appointment types titled with the correct location. Lastly, our team has found the mobile app to be inconsistent at best. We have used both the Android and iOS version of the application and feel like we cannot rely on the information we see within the app. Appointments on the same calendar always work, but when you have an appointment on one calendar that also blocks off time on other calendars, the reliability has been spotty and multiple times we have had to go back to our clients and request a new meeting time.
Luca C.
CEO & Founder

“Love me some Acuity!”

OverallWhen I forged back out into the wild world of self-employment, managing my calendar was one of the more challenging tasks. My leads come from many places, including networking groups, social media, and referrals, and keeping track of prospective clients became a daunting bottleneck in growing my business. Potential customers rightfully have an expectation of getting in touch promptly before moving to contract, and the back-and-forth e-mail boogaloo was not a fun dance for anyone. I even hired an assistant for a short stint to manage my calendar but spent more time managing her then I did getting my calls scheduled and followed up on. Enter Acuity Scheduling (trumpet blast here)! Setting Acuity up was a snap for me, and because I know how to code, I was able to customize the look to mimic my website and serve as a branded landing page. Leads were able to schedule and reschedule themselves on discovery calls; New clients could gain access to my calendar to book time with me and complete needed paperwork. It has absolutely increased my revenue, fostered great communication with incoming and current clients, and saved me money on outsourcing the bulk of my administrative needs. The few snags I have run into were quickly addressed by their friendly team. I can't recommend them enough!
ProsEase of use, the ability for clients to schedule/reschedule without my help, ability to set up an e-mail automation after meeting has wrapped, custom confirmation and reminder e-mails, ability to adjust availability dependent on meeting type.
ConsI wish we could customize the look and feel of each different custom scheduling link. Whatever look you settle on for your main link (usernamehere.as.me) becomes the standard look across all direct links (usernamehere.as.me/direct/) unless you embed the code into your website. I actually set up a second Acuity account so I could keep my "landing page" look for the first account. The way I am using it is totally unorthodox, however, and when I spoke with Acuity's team, they were even surprised in how I adapted their tool for my uses. The mobile app is also a little lacking. It doesn't have as much functionality as working with your account through a browser.
James D.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
July 29, 2018

“Sometimes it's easier to let them schedule.”

OverallI absolutely love the ability to have my clients pick their own appointments. There's been more than once when I had a client who had such a busy schedule that we couldn't pinpoint a good day for their appointment over the phone. I just had them go in and pick a time and write themselves in! It saved me so much time so that I was able to focus on other clients. I was also able to share calendars with my co-workers so that everyone had the correct schedule. I just really wish that there was phone support just in case something did go wrong with us trying to figure out all of the features. Hopefully, that will change in the future.
ProsBy far, the best feature is the ability to have clients schedule their own appointments. As a busy person, I don't often have the time for the back and forth of scheduling a client. With Acuity, they can look at my schedule, see when I'm free, and then put themselves in wherever it's convenient for them. I also like that the calendars adjust for time zones. This is helpful if you have clients all over the country yet don't want to have to figure out the time differences. The tutorial for Acuity was very informative and made using the program a breeze. Having the calendars sync up for groups is also very handy rather than having everyone input the info individually.
ConsSometimes, there is such a thing as too much. Acuity has so many features that it's overwhelming. There is no way I could use every single feature, so it seems like overkill. It's also made even more difficult because there is no phone support. If I had a number I could call, perhaps they could explain to me what each of the features does that way I'm not so overwhelmed. Phone support would also be handy in case something breaks, most likely from trying to figure out the different features. With something as important as your schedule, you need to have almost instant solutions, and lack of phone support means you have to wait to get a response, which costs time and money lost.
July 29, 2018
Sarah W.
Office Administrator
June 12, 2018

“Amazing. Seriously. If I could give more than 5 stars for customer support I totally would. ”

OverallAbility to seamlessly manage multiple calendars, have ready access to calendar, client details and historical data, and access information remotely, but also securely!
ProsI was looking for software that A) Had the ability to seamlessly coordinate shared appointments across multiple calendars B) was REALLY easy to use and C) was HIPAA compliant. I couldn't easily find the dual calendar feature, and contacted customer support before I moved on, their executive was AWESOME. He understood my question (not easy!), pointed me in the right direction, set up the behind-the-scenes setting that I needed, was super helpful, and made me laugh. I've had a month to play with the software, and I'm really appreciating the features and ease of use. We don't use any of the customer-interfacing portion of the software, nor have we dabbled yet in the integrating of billing, but the core client/calendar management features have been SO great. I also really love the corporate culture of Acuity. Their on-screen prompts, quirky sense of humor, and human element (go read the bios of the employees), make me want to be part of their team. And their commitment to super-serve their clients made me feel like I was the most important client in the world, even though I was just one tiny little trial client checking them out. Finally, no matter how much I liked the product or the company, it would have been a dead-end if I couldn't ensure HIPAA compliance for our data protection and client confidentiality. Great features, robust security, and amazing support - all I need now are flowers and chocolate!
ConsWell, apart from the fact that the one required feature I need (HIPAA compliant security) is only available at the highest paid level (regardless of what other features you may need), there's only one software challenge I've encountered. The daily calendar - where I can see one or all of the individual or shared calendars, is very useful - I can easily see open appointments as white space, so "at a glance" I can see what is available in an individual's calendar. The WEEKLY view, however, condenses the days' calendars, so it only shows the currently filled appointments and removing white space, making it difficult to visualize open appointments across multiple providers' calendars at one time. I have partially overcome this by creating color coded appointments for each provider (even though it's the same service), so that i can at least see quickly the volume of appointments by color. But the weekly calendar really only works effectively for me when looking at one provider's calendar at a time. There may be a way to customize the weekly view that I have not yet discovered, or a way to color-code the calendars rather than the appointments, worth an email to Shane in customer support, but regardless, not a deal breaker for me!
June 12, 2018
Steve P.
April 20, 2018

“The most functional and feature-packed calendar software”

ProsThe developers seem to know what's happening in your world before any other calendar software seems to. I've tried a lot of them to find the perfect combo, and Acuity (even though I have a lifetime subscription to Book Like a Boss) has been my staple for 3+ years or maybe even more. The best thing about Acuity is its flexibility to adapt to your business, rather than forcing you to change your processes to suit it. If you want a subscription business that offers a certain amount of calls to your community each month, you can do that. If you wanted a storefront where people can buy and book as they please, you can do that. And all the little extra thoughts on the calendar, like blocking off time, and keeping only the right amount of appointments available, and adjusting your calendar availability quickly and easily. It's just so well thought out.
ConsI would like to see their designs brought into the future a bit more. I find the storefront a bit dated and as such have always avoided using it even though it would have saved me a lot of time. I also find some of their extra-fancy features have unwanted side effects at times. For example, there is a genius new feature where Acuity will only let people book appointments next to each other, so you don't have big gaps in the day. However, for someone like me that has to have different blocks available for timezones, it confuses Acuity and thinks that things I want available shouldn't be. So occasionally with features, it's not quite as smart as you want it to be.
April 20, 2018
Grace D.
Lab Manager
December 27, 2017

“Most flexibility/features, without compromising the simplicity of scheduling for clients. ”

ProsOn the hunt for a 'good' scheduling software I tried out many free trials, and among those Acuity stood out. Acuity seemed to be the only software I could find that allowed me to customize different appointment types to my needs, without compromising the ease of use for my clients (e.g., simplicity and ease of use). I was able customize my automated reminders/confirmation emails AND text messages for each appointment type which was not available with all softwares (text message reminders, personally, has greatly decreased 'no shows'). The confirmation emails and reminders also have a re-scheduling button, which helped the hassle of dealing with rescheduling emails. Another selling point was the ability to sync Acuity to google calendar. On the user side, this allowed me to set availability based on my google calendar availability, and also see my appointment in google calendar. For clients, there confirmation email allowed them to add their appointment to google calendar. In summer here are other reasons why I chose Acuity: client scheduling is ascetically pleasing and super simple, ability to create multiple different appointment types with different features (e.g., intake forms, availability, duration, reminders ect.). This review is based of the feature I needed from Acuity, although Acuity has other really great features I plan on someday taking advantage of such as Rooms and Resources---great aspect to the software.
ConsThe overall con of the software is I found there to be a slight learning curve. Personally, I would say I am pretty tech-savvy and have some programming experience, so scheduling software should be pretty straight forward. However, I did run in to some trouble when creating appointments. Here are some examples: there seems to be a couple ways to set a particular setting such as the start time of the appointment and the amount of clients who can schedule the same appointment--both can be set in the calendar availability and specific appointment type availability (wonder which setting overrides the other??), still have not figured out how to have different appointment types on the same calendar with the same availability that CAN BE be scheduled at the same time without being considered 'over-booking' (solved this by adding appointment types to different calendars in Acuity), customer support pages videos seemed to be based on a later version of the Acuity so are not very helpful. I also have a suggestion based on the intake forms--The forms are useful, and a good feature but it would be nice if the form included some display logic like other survey platforms. For example, I ask clients if they would like to receive cash or gift card compensation. If the participant chooses gift card I would like another question to display that asks if they would like a gift card for amazon or wawa.
December 27, 2017
Shawn O.
March 24, 2017

“Good for new... but quickly outgrow”

OverallFor the record, I really like Acuity Scheduler - and while the customer service is only during the week, for the cost/value makes it understandable of why that is, and honestly - its never been a problem to wait to hear from someone till Monday. I have been using it for our studio for the past year. Started from scratch with very little capital to open our doors, and Acuity made it possible to be in the 21st century and keeping our schedule clear, and concise.
ProsIf you're a small new business, you can not go wrong with Acuity Scheduler! It is easy to get started, book appointments, make gift certificates, add in discounts, connect it to apps such as Quickbooks, MailChimp, Constant Contact - and many others. If your a wellness worker, THIS IS the only low cost small business scheduler that offers HIPPA compliance! Our clients like the view of the site, intigration tools and SEO markers for web sites - its all there!
ConsThere are going to be problems with every program - but having a small studio that we share, it would be nice to see a wait list for clients when we are totally booked out. I needed a program that was HIPPA compliant - which is why I went with Acuity - but the forms are chunky and hard to manage. Clients don't like the way that they read - and I know that they are long - but acuity makes them seem even longer - which equates in people only doing half of the health intake forms. Also, they limit how much you can put into a section. It would be nice to expand a section, make it a little longer to read, but a simple yes or no question at the end to make the document seem less lengthy. It is hard to make a change to an instructor if they have a sub come in to teach the class - while it does not happen all that often, attaching the proper instructor to the class at the last minute would be a great benefit so that the participants know who is teaching without having to pretty much re-write the schedule and re-book clients into the changed class. Better integration with our book-keeping system - while it transfers over fairly well - differentiating tips, the use of passes (Acuity uses 'codes' for passes) showing the discounts as line items would be extremely helpful.
Recommendations to other buyersI really like Acuity, but my business has grown to a size where acuity is now becoming a little out-dated and I need something just a bit more robust, as well as I need something that has wait lists, and an app to allow others to see us in our local small community. The more visible we are, the more likely people will find us, visit, and possible stay. This being said, single owners, small business size with a limited budget for scheduler... YOU CAN NOT GO WRONG WITH THIS PRODUCT!
March 24, 2017
Eric H.
business owner
Automotive, 1-10 employees
February 5, 2017

“Fairly Priced and Very Good Service with well-developed software | Acuity Scheduling. ”

OverallHow they won me over? Good Program AND Fast Service. Quick email replies with well-written explanations supported by a picture, video or animated screen capture. What else can you expect from Technical Support Team? It is all there. If you value your time. you don't need to search online anymore. Trust me. Sign up for their service and test it yourself; 14-day test period is absolutely free and FULLY supported by Acuity Scheduling staff. I have switched from paper daily planners to software back in 2012. As of the time of this review, it's been over 4 years and I have changed software providers 3 times. Well, actually 4 times - because I'm moving again! This time though it looks that I have found what I was looking for Acuity Scheduling. First, I have adopted installable software . It had good doc's to assist the installation, but the backup had to be done manually, through Windows file structure. Once during the process, something got corrupted and I could not recover from it. The company programmer was able to get most files back but not all. It crushed one more time after that, with corruption in password file. Decided to change. I switched to online booking system based out of UK. Software was really looking good at first, but turn out it was written in very messy design, difficult to set up and configuration of it took over 6 weeks to make it work the way I wanted. Changes were partially due to the UK English with a lot of British way of describing things. The cost wasn't bad. Shortly after I've renewed it for the next year and made the payment they refused to service me because.... I have asked too many questions. Yes, I received email that they don't want me as a customer any longer. They refunded my payment for the second year and cancel my account with 3 days warning. Next I have decided to try another online serviceAppointy. Program isn't to bad, but the service meh, - so-so. I had to deal with a salesman who was making it difficult, but then his manager (who I guess was monitoring the email exchanges), at 2 different occasions, he got involved and make things happen. I wasn't emotionally attached to them and started to look for alternatives. Found few options, tested 4, and decided to go with Acuity Scheduler. Acuity Scheduling gives me almost all that I need, but what I REALLY like, is the Most Responsive Service that I have ever had.
ProsQuick support service - priceless! Unlimited customer intake form customization! Easy to use software. Clean design.
ConsCould expend a bit more in customization to implement descriptions of repetitive tasks/procedures, that businesses perform for their customers. i.e. If gas station employee has to write about what he has done for every customer during his shift it would be beneficial for him to have a field that he can select saying; fill up gas tank or wash windshield or pomp all 4 tires.
Recommendations to other buyerssee above
February 5, 2017
Andy A.
IT Project Manager
Libraries, 11-50 employees
January 28, 2017

“AS - Great free scheduling/appointment website with a bit extra, especially if you're willing to pay”

OverallI was hired on to provide free technology tutoring/help to the public through my public libraries. I needed something where I could schedule myself and others between multiple locations easily and in a way that I could see who I've got when. Traditionally they used paper signup sheets and or calendars and maybe a personal digital calendar or something but nothing fancy and totally manual. As a techy, I hated this idea and decided to look for a website that could help me automate the signup process. I originally tried Google Forms to gather bulk answers like "what's your name" and "what do you want tech help with" and "when do you want to book your time" and it was ok, but Google doesn't have scheduling built in and I needed to use third party add-ons which then had full access to my google drive and even then it didn't work very well at all, it was a pain for me, the customer, and the library staff who needed to be able to confirm appointments. So I went searching for websites that would do a better job and I found quite a few, picked some that looked good (many were obviously not going to work for what I wanted/needed) and signed up for 4 or 5 sites. I thought I found one that was great, I was using it for a short while but then kept running into issues and the support wasn't great. I decided to start testing out my second pick, AS, and at first it seemed a little to easy, but then I found some of the extra options and realized how they have the site setup and from there it's been good. I'm quite picky and demanding at times, even when I know there's something a system can't or won't do, I'll still ask the support team if we can do it and ask for work-arounds etc. to do something similar, partly so they know it's something people want. The support here is great (unless you work weekends, that's the only reason I removed a star) even though they're e-mail only (again, as a techy I don't mind) they do respond quite quickly. It's a small team but over 50% of staff is customer service based on their website. I've been told that the top 2 paid accounts get live chat support as well, but again only on the weekend. I have no need to accept payment but again I did need multiple "calendars " for each location, however, there is another way around that if you don't mind a couple of things being shared, which in my case is not an issue at all, so I was able to do everything for free. I can see it being VERY useful at a business level with a paid account. Thanks.
ProsThat I can do almost everything for free. It's also easy to use. And the staff are really nice and helpful. And they have decent promos on now and then it seems (like for writing a honest review).
ConsNo weekend support. Also, to get multiple calendars, I need to pay :( That won't be a con for most people but in my situation it was.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you run into issues, e-mail their support team, honestly.
January 28, 2017
E W.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
August 6, 2016

“It's All Handle with Acuity!”

OverallI use Acuity for all of my scheduling needs with clients. From what I have researched, Acuity is the best all-inclusive appointment management program and has extensive features and integrations included that other appointment software does not have. You can have a very basic, bare bones setup or you can really dig into the backend and customize it endlessly. I love that I can create custom confirmation emails, separate products, group classes, take payments through Stripe or PayPal and that my clients get a reminder email before their session. The benefits are amazing!
ProsMy favorite feature about Acuity is the overall ease of use. It is not complicated to manage for someone who isn't too tech savvy. It has easy to understand instructions, modern and clean user-interface and even a little wit and personality thrown into the design, which makes this software completely unique. I know that anyone looking to manage their client appointments will be more than satisfied with the benefits and features that Acuity offers as I have referred several people including real estate agents, personal stylists, web designers, interior designers, pet sitters and business coaches. The platform is so flexible and so customizable that there really isn't anyone who can't use it for their business needs. There are even intake forms that can be individually assigned to an appointment type, which helps streamline my process of taking on new clients. I love the fact that I can create "Add-on" for specific appointment types if I want to offer an additional service, and the fact that I can hold a customer's credit card with or without charging. Like I said, there are numerous options! The last and most important benefit is that Acuity enables an easy embedding for your website so you can maintain a professional look while keeping your customers on your website.
ConsThe only thing I can think of that I would like is to have intake forms that provide IFTTT, meaning that I could create questions that only show up if a user selects a specific response. The intake forms are great for the information that they do provide, but they could use a little upgrade in my opinion.
Recommendations to other buyersHands down it's the best out there. I have tried several other scheduling systems out there and NONE compare to Acuity. Besides that, the price is ridiculously affordable.
August 6, 2016
Daniel M.
Co-owner
September 3, 2015

“Great software but lacking”

OverallOverall, it's perfect for us. It's everything we need in our scheduling software and it helps tremendously to have an embedded feature to embed on our site without having to redirect customers. If you need to modify the scheduling page in any way, you must do it through CSS (no HTML available). So, if you aren't a computer scientist, you may have trouble customizing some of the page (colors and wording is customizable with a click of a button). A couple of issues I have is 1) no re-direct feature. For example, if I wanted my customers to open the scheduling page in a new window instead of on my website, they see example.acuityscheduling.com but they should see is example.mydomain.com. I think it's called domain mapping? It would be a great feature to have our page with a custom url (not one with Acuity Scheduling in it). Another issue.. 2) payment methods are EXTREMELY limited (just PayPal, Stripe and Authorize.net). There NEEDS to be more payment processors.. seriously.. Also, 3) If you have Stripe connected, you may have PayPal connected also. If you have PayPal connected, you may have Stripe connected also. But, if you have Authorize.net connected, you may not offer PayPal.. it makes no sense why this is and will be very frustrating for Authorize.net merchants using Acuity Scheduling. Another problem? No customization of the checkout. If you need to change the wording of the payment page, you can't. Why? I don't know but I am upset about this. BIGGEST PROBLEM AMONG THEM ALL -- there is no way for your client to schedule more than one service at a time. Yep.. you read that right. They can schedule the same service as a repeat but there is no way for them to book multiple service in one appointment (on same nor different days/times). It's bad.. so, my clients have to book multiple appointments for multiple services and times and it's just a huge mess. A real inconvenience. Is Acuity Scheduling worth the price? I suppose (there is a free version available but you are very very very very very limited). There is some work to be done, some upgrades and features that need to be placed before this is considered "Great" or "Awesome". There is a lot of things that this company can do to make this better and I am not convinced yet that they are even considering upgrading. Step up to the plate and upgrade your software and you have a homerun. Seriously.. maybe a grand slam. So far though, it's a single (or a walk) =(

By Acuity Scheduling on September 3, 2015
Hi Daniel -- thanks for writing this review, and glad to hear that Acuity is perfect for you! Just a couple things to clarify... * Quite a bit can be changed with your colors, logo, and adding extra formatting all without CSS. That's just an extra bonus for especially techy people to totally revamp the look of their rescheduler. * You can also embed the scheduler directly into your website. That way people can stay on your domain and completely book their appointment from within your site instead of going off to Acuity. If you need a hand with that, our developers will even embed the scheduler into your website if you ask. * Scheduling more than one service: you can offer that with add-on services. Under Appointment Types head over to Add-Ons then you can set up which services can be booked with which other ones. For example, that can be used so if someone is booking a Haircut they can also add on Coloring and book both services at once.
September 3, 2015
Kip W.
Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees
May 12, 2015

“Love It - Great Customization - Solid Functionality ”

OverallI was so excited about getting a scheduling system for my private practice. My excitement soon turned to disgust and amazement when I trialed service after service and most were vitally flawed. They either didn't have customization options (which was VERY important to me) or they simply didn't work. Either way, they reflected poorly on my business and I was truly amazed at how difficult it was to find one that did what I wanted it to. I found it with Acuity though. I am so happy and relieved to have the confidence that it's working properly and to have the customization options to make it integrate and flow with the rest of my business
ProsBesides the obvious, most important piece: it actually works (others did not), here are some other key pros. So much customization. I'm astounded at how much you can modify the client's scheduling page. There's the root code and table(s) to actually get the job done but, on top of that, you can customize everything around it: the wording, the look, the buttons, the colors, the options, etc. The wording was especially important to me. I prefer that the scheduling system gives off a feel that is congruent with the rest of the business. Clients have the option of creating an account/password if they want to manage all of their appointments. Everything syncs immediately with my personal google calendar. You create your blanket availability but then you can also manually block out times. You can 'pad' before and after appointments to make sure you're doing all you need to. You don't have to, but you can create different appointment types with different settings. You can also create a 'class' / 'group' and allow clients to reserve spots. The other crucial part for me was the client-emails. Some of the systems provided little to no customization. They were basically going to talk to your clients however they felt like. You can customize all of it with Acuity. You can word the emails the way you want to. Clients get confirmations when you schedule something, cancel something, etc. You can choose to get a copy of the emails that are sent to clients so that you know exactly how it looks. You can even add a custom note (in addition to the original custom email) so that it's two-fold customized to that particular client for that particular situation. In case I haven't been clear: it's the customization that is so crucial to me. :) All this in mind, it's actually cheaper than many of the other systems. And I want to emphasize one more time: not only is the customization crucial, but other systems flat out didn't work. The actual coding seems so solid here.
ConsThis isn't a con - it's just an unknown. It's a new practice and I'm the only staff. Once there are other service providers, I don't know how well Acuity will flow with that. Considering the solid coding that they seem to have, I'm guessing it will work very well (with a lot of customization! haha) but I thought it's fair to mention that I'm not aware of how well the system works with multiple staff members. One other tiny piece of con: how the actual system looks from the inside (on our end). It's not aesthetically joyous but I didn't buy Acuity as a piece of art that I can gaze into with a glass of wine. So I don't care that much. It works. And it lets me customize it so it integrates with my business and provide consistency and function for my clients. I love it and am relieved to have it.
May 12, 2015
Tammi O.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
August 28, 2019

“Functionality revamped - blows the others out of the water ”

OverallI had previously been using Calendly when someone recommended Acuity for one of my clients. It allowed me to set up customized scheduling pages not just for 1 client but several of his managers as well. Then I created an In Take form for each appointment type that would sync with each manager's calendar so they would have all the information they needed during the call. I also customized the emails (including Confirmation, Cancellation, Reschedule and Reminder). Add a text reminder 1 hour prior to the scheduled appointment and it is just a great tool! I would also run weekly reports in Acuity to send to managers. I am sure I only used a fraction of the services offered in Acuity even though I paid for the very reasonably priced service, but it fulfilled the needs.
ProsI love that I can set up a very detailed landing page and with a paid subscription have both email and text reminders automatically go out to clients (and have the option to have a reminder be sent to the owner of the calendar as well). Completely sync's with your calendar.
ConsThere is a little learning curve with this BUT it is absolutely worth it because of all the "bells and whistle's"
August 28, 2019
Reena D.
Health Coach & Yoga Teacher
May 14, 2019

“Acuity is the best!”

OverallMy experience over the years has been excellent. Whenever I have questions about how to use various tools I get very friendly and very quick replies.
ProsI love the flexibility it offers. I can schedule both classes and individual appointments, have separate calendars for each type if I want and have automatic reminders and more. The price is fantastic, especially when I compare it to the usual fitness/yoga studio software.
ConsI think the only thing I don't like is that there's no customer app.
May 14, 2019
Bhavesh J.
Chief Consultant
Management Consulting, Self-employed
April 6, 2019

“Acuity has Helped my Business Grow and is a vital part of our Business Process”

OverallWe are a small consulting practice, and have been working with Acuity for quite a few years now, before that we had experimented with Supersaas etc .., but nothing came close to this solution. It has literally transformed our business - before there was a lot of back and forth with phone calls and SMS etc, and pen and paper based scheduling and cancelling had a cascade of problems. We are so thankful to Acuity - it has taken out the Pain of Scheduling - and akin to having a secretary 24*7, we have been able to focus on our business, nationally and internationally. The Free Plan is Great (Please don't ever take it out !!! ) - the Clients are very appreciative with the features and ease of booking. Please keep up the good work.
ProsHighly Customizable, and we are also able to have better control on the Time Slots allocated, blocking off days and times, intake forms help a lot, lot of flexibility built in, constant updates on new features, and also constantly evolving and getting better. Lots of tools to integrate with our website and options for different calendars, Buffer time slots, ability to give more comps to customers, Decent Customer Management. Time Zone Ca lenders etc
Cons(For India) - Price Barrier (Converting to our Currency), Not being able to integrate payments for Indian Businesses. Could have better Customer Management - such as dash boards, assigning customers to groups, business or time spent per customer or based on type of appointments etc. (Some thing like Toggl). Multi Lingual Support for few Basic Indian Languages would help us out more.
keshauna b.
owner/operator
Cosmetics, 1-10 employees
December 27, 2018

“On The Edge”

Overalloverall, i'm about 75% happy with acuity so far and i will continue to look for better ways to advance my business! (by the way)i am still trying to find text alerts for new appointments. so i can be notified when someone books.
Proswhat brought me to acuity was the flexibility in the client view. being able to categorize and organize services was extremely important to me! also the simplicity of the client view makes it very easy for my clients to quickly pick what they want and get scheduled in faster.
Constwo things i really really did not like about acuity. #1: no customer service: i emailed customer service when i first began about how confusing the admin (set-up) screens are. (i guess you are trying to update the interface, it still is horrendous either view i use) the rep emailed me back and simple stated (in a nutshell) acuity isn't for every business so you can cancel before your trial. like this is my business and my clients! and i can not afford to switch back and forth between sites. if i have a problem or a question i would hope to have a customer advisor who will go the endless mile to make sure my business needs are met (one big reason i will miss squareup PHONE customer service) you feel so much more comfortable when your talking to a live agent! now i read where it stated you were trying to keep cost down and blah blah but come on these are NOT personal schedules these are BUSINESSES! and we sincerely need that level of communication to be successful. (chat, call me back.. ANYTHING!) i also thought having the paid advisors (all of which start out at 100/hr for a phone call) was just an insult to the face especially when most issues stem from your site. (i am still learning acuity and i will keep trying to navigate it best myself but i'm not sure i would advise businesses similar to myself to use your interface unless they are tech savvy, independent, and established. #2: the look of the interface (admin view)
December 27, 2018
Scott S.
Consultant
October 11, 2019

“How to book clients without loosing time, energy or money.”

OverallIf you are looking for a quality scheduling SAAS that won't let you down and works just as hard as you. And has all the features/integrations you could possibly need. You can't go wrong with Acuity Scheduling.
ProsFor 2+ years I was a coach for one of the fastest growing, non vc backed, internet marketing SAAS companies in the world. I used Acuity Scheduling on a daily basis. It made my job that much easier. It saved me time, effort and overall made me more money. When I was booked with clients I was working. And when I was working I was making money. Acuity allowed me to easily have my clients schedule themselves into my availability and schedule a zoom meeting with them all in a simple to use platform for both myself and my client. Overall Acuity has been there through over 200+ 5-8 week coaching programs and we never had any major issues. I have now left my "9-5" and started my own journey in the entrepreneurial world. And of course I will be using Acuity Scheduling for my scheduling needs.
ConsThe one thing that I can think of that could be potentially problematic and could be improved upon is that I am currently not aware of a way to block a client from rescheduling. It would be nice to be able to block them after X reschedules. Or something to that extent. But this would not stop me from using Acuity. It is just to valuable of a tool.
October 11, 2019
Erica B.
Wholistic Transformation Coach
August 30, 2019

“The Most Bang For Your Buck”

OverallReally, this is the absolute best scheduling software out there. I have tried several of them and I always come back to Acuity Scheduling. It has everything that you need in order to schedule, update, take payment, meet virtually, etc. Really, there is nothing bad to say about this software and I would recommend it to anyone over all of the others.
Pros-Multiple integrations -Multi Calendar Sync -Can block off time across the board without having to go into each different scheduling option -Can show specific booking types to specific groups (i.e. from Facebook only so you know where they came from vs your website) -I work with clients on health and wellness issues and I can have them complete their intake form before I ever meet with them -You can set up multiple online meeting spaces within the software instead of having to post a link in the description of the appointment -You can see your entire calendar of appointments on the home screen as apposed to another software that you have to look out your linked calendar for the information or go into each appointment type
Cons-The navigation takes a bit of getting used to, but once you figure it out, it's easy to maneuver
August 30, 2019
Alexander M.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
July 15, 2016

“Acuity Scheduling is ALMOST good; so it sucks”

OverallWeb developer recommended this software as good and as one that integrates with QuickBooks Online and Authorize.net credit cards. To the best of his ability he was correct. Boy, was he sorry that he believed these integrations to be implemented. The time he has spent trying to make this work has certainly made my project a money loser for him. So lets get started with the problems. The credit card for on-line booking sends out a transaction. Fine. There is an option for the customer to leave a tip. If they do, the fun starts. The entire charge goes out to Authorize.net; Acuity reports that the transaction was for more than the massage cost and that the overage is a tip. BUT Acuity sends Quickbooks a transaction for just the cost of the massage! So they misreport the transaction to my accounting software and, therefore, cook my books. I then have to go back to the Acuity record, create an invoice in Quickbooks and receive the the money. So the entire automation procedure is essentially worthless. I just want the entire transaction to come over to Quickbooks; I will gladly call the overage a tip in a split transaction. Their support has no intention of fixing this. (2) The email notification to the therapist about a scheduled massage gives the therapist the email and phone of the client; I do not want to broadcast this info and want to control what information from the client goes to the therapist. Privacy issues abound. Their support has no intention of fixing this. (3) The intake form sucks. Massage intake forms need drawing areas to highlight "avoid" and "focus". All clients expect this and are comfortable with this. Some clients can't even describe the area where they do or don't want work. Acuity support has no intention of fixing this. (4) The menu of services cannot be customized. The look is clinical, blah, and confusing. Acuity support has no intention of fixing this. (5) Acuity is a double booking nightmare! Hard to describe but here goes. Therapist A does single massages and also Therapist A is part of a team for couples massage. Her team can block off time in Therapist B's presence in the team. But Therapist A & B are considered different therapists as individuals. So there is no way to have Therapist A be booked for a couples massage and show on the schedule as to unavailable for an individual massage! Acuity support has no intention of fixing this.
ProsGood interface; available on a variety of platforms. Almost does everything well.
ConsSmiley face options for support mood! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Brain dead support vision and zero "we'll get right on it" attitude.
Recommendations to other buyersMy frustration over the precision of follow through far exceeds my happiness. Don't hope this will automate your business. Don't look to Acuity to work on obvious flaws. Since you cannot know what questions to ask until you are knee-deep in problems, start your business with paper-and-pencil scheduling.
July 15, 2016
Erica B.
Coach | Trainer
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed
January 25, 2017

“A Fantastic Productivity Tool Especially for Solopreneurs”

OverallI was having a challenge I think many of you experience - the ping-pong scheduling game. It goes something like this: I need to schedule a day/time with a business partner or client so we send emails back-and-forth giving our projected availability which inevitably changes between the time I sent my email and when they reply. This ends up going on for several cycles until a mutually agreed upon date/time is found, more than likely weeks after the initial ask. What a waste of time! I was informed about Acuity Scheduling while I was presenting at the California Placement Association's southern regional workshop, and I decided to look into it. As a Solopreneur, I have to choose my investments wisely, so I was happy to engage in the 14-day free trial. It ended up being a much more robust scheduling "service" than I could've wished for. The aspects I found most helpful were: the ability to sync with my iPhone calendar (which becomes my "master" calendar by default because it's on my phone), the ability of email reminders being sent to me and the person who scheduled a meeting time with me, and the ability to create different "groups." The groups feature is helpful when you want to distinguish between a client, a colleague, or a friend. I did have to enter my availability in a couple of times while I was going through a learning curve, and I think as a general usage "limitation" (it would be great if you could "copy" an existing calendar for one new group, and then add or delete availability blocks accordingly). There are 2 different calendar types - one where hours are set, and one where they fluctuate, so it's the latter that I've been engaging with, and for that reason, creating your availability for multiple groups may be a bit more "clunky." Despite that, I've created four (4) different groups with 2 different hour structures, and it was working fabulously! I did think I could live with the free version of the software, but the loss of the calendar sync feature is the biggest reason I've now decided to make the $/month investment. When trying Acuity Scheduling out under their free trial, really get into as many of the features as applicable for your business so you can make an informed decision about a future investment. In doing so, you can be certain of your choice to invest in this very useful scheduling tool.
ProsMostly User Friendly, Syncing Feature for Multiple Calendars, Creating Multiple "Groups," & Email Reminders
ConsGroups: when you're schedule varies, you need to add in your availability all over again; no option for a 'cut-and-paste' from an existing group's calendar and then add/subtract time as needed.
Recommendations to other buyersReally engage in all of the features during the free trial to know you can make an informed decision to invest for future use above-and-beyond the basic service.
January 25, 2017
Shannon T.
Events Services, 1-10 employees
September 16, 2019

“A MUST HAVE for any business!”

OverallFantastic. I even refer Acuity to my consulting clients to use. They are always apprehensive to try but once they use the free for a bit, they get really into the idea of the upgrades and all the features. It works REALLY well for companies with multiple salespeople and can event round-robin the leads based upon priorities. WAY more advanced that some of the other options out there.
ProsMy clients are on the go all the time. They don't have the time for multiple back and forth emails or text messages to find common times for scheduling. I offer them two times and link to see my entire calendar and they LOVE this capability. It makes me look super cutting edge and saves SO MUCH TIME!!!
ConsI didn't realize when I started using Acuity that I could accept payments through the bookings which would have been helpful as a revenue stream and a skipped step. But that was mostly my fault on the set-up side.
September 16, 2019
Sharisse D.
Braiding Specialist
Cosmetics, Self-employed
September 1, 2019

“Very conducive to my kind of business”

OverallOverall, Everything is easy to use and since I have more than 10 services that I offer I thought that it would be an issue of trying to organize all of my services, but the category feature takes care of all of that! So I was happy to find that feature on here. I also like that the site refers you to other apps that help you even more when it comes to creating a rewards system and gives you so many other ideas and tips on how to grow your business even more. Which helps a lot and is appreciated for individuals like myself who are just starting out and learning as we go!
ProsBeing able to post photographs of services offered is a plus for me because I do so many different things and the photos give clients a good idea of what they are booking for. Creating add-ons for services. The ability to customize your deposit amount for services. Terms & Conditions feature! Favorite feature. It shows clients that you are serious about your business and professional.
ConsThe only thing I didn't like was trying to edit the appearance of my booking site. I had difficulty making certain things "Bold" or in "Italics" because it wasn't showing me a preview of whether or not the words were doing what I wanted them to do before completing the edit.
September 1, 2019
Eliana K.
Owner/Manager
October 15, 2019

“Easy Solution!”

OverallI am really enjoying using Acuity and I doubt if I could ever go back to not using it.
ProsThis is the first time I use any scheduling software and I am finding it extremely useful. It allows me and my organisation to have a professional presence and it is so easy and versatile to use. I only used the free trial so far however I am very luck looking forward to my 4 month free upgrade and am sure once I got the edge I need to have a real presence in the market, I know I will never look back and have Acuity a major part of my day to day business solution. Thank you in advance I would like to have an option to specify my industry however as I am in the Personal Development Business and could not find that so had to use 'Health, Wellness & Fitness' and would have preferred 'Personal Development and Human Growth'
ConsI haven't come across anything I didn't like but there seems to have a little glitch on the free trial as one of my clients booked a session that appeared in the booking as another client instead.
October 15, 2019
Van G.
Automotive, 1-10 employees
October 8, 2019

“Flexible and easy once it's implemented ”

OverallThe problem that I have had is scheduling appointments and managing the schedule. This consolidates everything, and even sends reminder texts and emails to minimize no shows. There is also a No-Show fee that I really like which helps with the same problem.
ProsAcuity excels in the little things. I really like the small features like the "text" button in the app that lets you send a text without having to copy, and paste the phone number.
ConsI need scheduling links for several different locations and I have to re-create event types for each location and I have a list of nearly 100 event types so it gets confusing.
October 8, 2019
Sam S.
Nail technician
July 24, 2019

“Amazing online booking software, highly recommend ”

OverallI absolutely love it. I've tried many different softwares over the years to try to accommodate my needs as well as my clients but this is one I am very fond of. It's so easy to use for myself and for clients. It's also very reasonably priced!
Pros I find this software the easiest one I to use for myself and for clients. I can. Literally do anything to make it work for me. If I'm unsure of anything there is a really helpful group on Facebook who always reply in seconds. My favourite part is being able to offer service categories and then within the peseta categories different services and then customisable add ons so that each I'd my clients get the service they want. I also love that my online diary is customisable to suit me. Booking fees are so easy to take from clients so no excuses of no shows anymore.
ConsThe only thing I can fault is not being able to select more than one service when booking in, this is only doable by adding the add on feature to each service.
July 24, 2019
hannah a.
Virtual Assistant

“I Love Acuity”

OverallIt allows me to appear professional and organized to my clients, by giving them a sneak peak at my schedule and choosing a meeting/call at a time that best works for both of us, without a million messages back and forth. It has saved me so much time, and energy.
ProsI absolutely love being able to send a link to my clients, that they can schedule a call with me in just a few steps. I also love that it syncs up with my calendar so that i never miss a meeting
Consi honestly don't have any complaints. i love acuity
Eric P.
Self-Employed
E-Learning, Self-employed
October 12, 2019

“Acuity Scheduling Helps Automate and Organize My Business”

OverallAcuity Scheduling allows my business to run as if I had a larger team even though it's just me. It gives me a lot of time back so I can focus more on the lead or customer's needs versus the logistics of my business and how will I get the next step done.
ProsI used to be a Calendly user but switched over to Acuity Scheduling for the features and integrations. I'm a big fan of Zapier but when I can connect tools directly without creating a Zap, then I will always choose that option. Since I also use ConvertKit for email marketing and Zoom for video conferencing, it's great that Acuity Scheduling integrates with both of them directly so I can add leads to funnels and automatically schedule meetings. As a backup, I can always link Acuity to tools via Zapier such as how I connect Acuity Scheduling to Trello so all my form requests come to a Trello board as a card with the information displayed as exactly as I need it so my Zoom meetings can be that much easier.
ConsThe UX/UI can be a bit much at times as the menu options are as straightforward and there is quite a bit of toggling back in forth if you want to update questions versus updating a form itself.
October 12, 2019
Craig T.
Regional Account Manager
Building Materials, 5001-10,000 employees
September 2, 2019

“Impressive”

OverallI think it adds a level of professionalism into offering clients dates for a meeting/chat, rather than firing out some dates to them on email & even when on the phone, easy to share quickly & discuss on the phone.
ProsMain point that swayed me to try Acuity over some others I checked out was the general ease of use, clean feel to the layouts & most importantly the setting up your calendar availability in a calendar format. Some extra bits I found that liked was the finer detail of your availability, such as being able to make the system remove a % of appointments to help make your calendar look busy (where it's not already) -- which in my mind is a great tool because it may be daunting for clients to see so many free times. Also like how you can add some tick box questions to the detail capture section when someones booking an appointment and that you can also create different links for different booking types (for me it's a good feature because for prospects I'd use slightly different wording). There's also the feature to only let people see a certain amount of days into the future (i.e: I've put mine to around 60 days, so they can see options in the next couple months). Thats great so you can restrict how far ahead people can book you.
ConsBe great if you could change the booking template design a little more (for instance I have a large list of tick box choice options for clients to tick the range of equipment interested in & it'd be better to be able to have two or three columns of these, over one long coloumn). When you use the feature that hids a % of slots to make you look busy, it'd be good as the admin/user to be able to book a slot yourself thats hidden (rather than have to play with the days times) because I've had a few instances where's I've agreed a booking with a client or internal meeting & can't find the timeslot on my schedualer. I'd love if you could figure how can embed the schedualer into an email body on outlook - it's was I was really looking for as feel people more likely to try it when functional within an email, than have to follow a link.
September 2, 2019
Kayli H.
Cosmetologist
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
January 18, 2017

“Clientele Building with Acuity Scheduling! ”

OverallHello, I'm Kayli Howard, I appreciate this opportunity! I love the system that has been set up through acuity scheduling. I am a millennial cosmetologist so I am looking to start a clientele base online. This website has provided an awesome, easy going system to help me get there. Especially with the features geared towards appointment confirmations and direct deposits! I am able to eliminate the stress for my clients because they can easily access my schedule, pricing and set an appointment within a few short minutes! I am in love! Acuity Scheduling has provided features I would not have thought of on my own or think I needed. Such as intake form questions, this way I am able to align with my clients needs before they sit in my chair and that is great customer service! I am able to connect with my clientele base through your system without having to complicate our daily schedules. Because I know what a hassle it can be too get a hold of your busy hair dresser. Thank you Acuity Scheduling, I will share your company with my fellow cosmetologist!
ProsWhat I love most about this software is the direct deposit feature. As a cosmetologist, it is well known in our industry for clients to book an appointment but never make it to their appointment. There may be a few exceptions of clients who will contact their hair dresser to cancel or re-book but 80% do not bother. As a cosmetologist, we would wish for a better way to take control of securing our appointments and not allowing clients to fill up a slot they do not wish to show up for. With the direct deposit feature our clients are 90% more likely to show up for his/her appointment because they have already placed money down. Now that is how to build a clientele!
ConsWhat I like less, and I may be wrong, the inability to post our best work on the scheduling. Maybe this is an available feature I have yet to spot (because you have so much too offer!).
Recommendations to other buyersI would love to see a feature where we (consumer) can have a product portfolio.
January 18, 2017
Arleta B.
Health Coach and Theta Healer
September 5, 2019

“Good system for anyone starting with clients appointments”

OverallI like the system, I went for it after someone from my entrepreneur network recommended. I also used Calendly for a while and still going back and forth to see how it works. Although I prefer Acuity because I was able to start with the free version to actually see how that works, without being forced into trial which can be confusing after you are finish with it and part of the set up gets blocked. I find it mostly easy to use, with some things being a bit fiddly.
ProsDefinitely favourite part is when I get email that there is appointment scheduled and I can click 'add to google calendar' and while doing that make it a Zoom appointment (while doing it on laptop). I am on the free version as so far not having enough clients and the first paid option still feels quite expensive for someone staring up.
Consre: free version, I am unsure how if varies in paid ones. I did struggled with creating a series of appointments (for a 12 weeks programme I offer to clients) when needed to add repeating appointments and then some off schedule dates. I would like it when I choose to add some of my regular schedule dates, that I could automatically then make that time slot available. As so far created set of appointments, then some shown in red as not available in my schedule, then I had to go off the scheduling to create availability to be able to go again and start with creating another appointment. Hope that somehow makes sense as hard to explain exactly.
September 5, 2019
Merrick A.
Billing Manager
Alternative Medicine, 11-50 employees
August 8, 2019

“Acuity is the best stand alone scheduling software in terms of value”

OverallMostly good, it really is the best software for the cost on the market.
ProsAcuity is a software I frequently recommend to individual wellness practitioners and small clinics that want efficiency of scheduling with ease of implementation. Acuity is also amongst the more economic scheduling softwares on the market. It's most customizable features lie in the creation of appointment types, and the types of alerts or basic marketing emails you can access.
ConsThe app. The calendar views in the app are misleading. I can't tell you how many times an associate has confused their schedule because of the appointment layouts in the app. It also lacks complex scheduling parameters. If you need intricate overlapping or for different appointment types to play well together, look elsewhere.
August 8, 2019
Kamila G.
Founder & CEO ¿ Business Coach | Marketing Strategist | Online Training for Coaches & Experts
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
March 26, 2019

“Inexpensive but highly effective!”

OverallOverall, this is a great beginner tool but not without its drawbacks.
ProsThere are a few reasons why Acuity is a great calendar tool. 1. There's a free option! This is wonderful for the newer or beginner entrepreneurs (I mostly work with coaches who need to get people on their calendar to do sessions or calls - and a free tool is a great way to start) 2. Inexpensive - even once you upgrade, the pricing is very affordable. 3. It allows for you to add forms to the booking. So, I particularly like this. I used this tool for booking people on my podcast and couldn't use other tools because I couldnt customize the forms as much. I can add a requirement for people to read terms and conditions, check mark to agree to my terms, answer short questions AND long-ended questions and even upload files. It's a great way to get everything I needed to get my guests booked on the podcast. 4. You can also get a direct link to each specific calendar or event, which makes life way easier. 5. You can easily have clients see how many sessions they have or have booked. This makes it easy for them to navigate and keep up to date with when their next call should happen.
Cons1. It does not allow me to automatically redirect to another page. I'd like to have people who booked a call to go directly to a Typeform or a page on my website, but right now it can only go to their own AS page and then from there, a user can click a link to continue and move to that next page. This makes it tricky if I want to run ads and tracking conversions. 2. I can't move the calendar events in my Google Calendar. If I do, it doesn't update the actual event in AS and it does not notify the person who booked it which is annoying. I often move appts manually and I want my invitee to be notified. 3. Doesn't seem to have a very good integration with 3rd party tools. I didnt see one for Infusionsoft.
Lee G.
Co-founder
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
May 11, 2017

“Mr”

OverallOur Sales team immediately improved their productivity and we improved the rate at which we successfully engaged with customers who visited our website. Can't ask for more than that. I'm pretty impressed at how flexibly this scales to additional sales reps on my team, while seamlessly integrating with third party services like GoToMeeting.
ProsThe depth of clever and little niche features for the price you pay is excellent value, and the tight integration with a wide variety of the different services we use (G Suite, GoToMeeting, Google Analytics etc) is pretty amazing. Acuity seem to listen hard when you request features, as I've been notified on multiple occasions when features requested in the past have been rolled out at no extra charge. The customer support team are deeply skilled with their product, and always have substantive recommendations to solve for my specific goals when I reach out. As someone with a background in Business Analysis, I can appreciate the deep skills of the Acuity staffer(s) that write the online help article, as they are consistently and surprisingly comprehensive.
May 11, 2017
Desiree M.
Entrepreneur
Cosmetics, Self-employed
October 3, 2019

“It's Worth It”

OverallWith acuity scheduling I have more time to live my life enjoy my family while ensuring that I don't neglect my business acuity makes sure that I'm aware of all appointments & all appointment cancellations and that is very helpful to me.I am able to set my hours of operations request my days off and change them at any moment which is very useful as an entrepreneur
ProsIt's easy to use and it helps to keep me organized. It helps me run my business without having to put so much thought into the scheduling aspect of it . I love that I'm able to set my price list on there so I don't have to memorize my prices as well. It also allows you to make edits to all your business aspects with ease.
ConsI really cannot think of a con besides I wish they made it easier/ had mod options/ versatility to edit the view/design/layout of the business page. I wish it allowed you to add more spunk because people are visual people nowadays so little details like that I think would help entice My clients more. Which would make me the owner more money, and make Acuity that much more worth it.
October 3, 2019
Carolina L.
Coach, Professional Tarologist, Reiki Master/Teacher
July 19, 2019

“I love this simple and easy to use software ”

OverallI love the easy with which I can add the Book button to my site and other platforms.
ProsWhat I love most about this software is how up front it is. It's so easy to find what you need of create it. If you make a mistake it's easy to fix. Whatever I create is easy to set up and offer almost immediately. Overall I love that I can use this software without feeling stressed out about having do a zillion steps to accomplish one goal. Thank Acuity Team for making work fun and stress free again.
ConsWhat's not to like. I can even change the color of my side bar so it's more like me when I use this system.
July 19, 2019
Adán A.
Instructor de español freelance
Education Management, 11-50 employees
October 22, 2018

“Good features and good customization options. ”

OverallWe are a large Spanish School with 6 locations in the Chicago Area. We offer a complex series of services like private classes, group classes, on-site classes, corporate classes, private online, group online, private groups, semi-private classes, Spanish for educators, Spanish for Medical workers etc. And we have a 30 people staff who work in flexible schedules. I was trying to configure the first calendar with the services offered only by me but I didn't know if there wa simpler way to do it. For example. This is the process with only 1 instructor The instructor has a schedule MonMon-Satom 9am to 9pm. He has 20 Upcoming Online Group Classes for this week and only for INTRO 1 LEVEL. We need students to see and be able to register for the day, time, location* (for in person classes) and instructor that works best for them and also with the instructor that they prefer. The upcoming classes page should display all their options well organized with an option to search by day, time*, instructor, location (for in person classes) *Students online have different time zones in many cases Group Classes Online are for 4 people max When they register for a class they have to buy all 4 sessions. When no one registers for a Group the starting date moves to the next week. If someone registers. What it normally happens is that they want to register for the next level at the same time with the same people. So the Class should be posted right after the 4th class of the first level ends fo
ProsThis product was almost perfect for us, a lot of features and integrations, friendly interface and great customer support.
ConsUnfortunately, we couldn´t customize it enough to fit all our needs, since we have very complex registration system, I will describe our situation more in the overall experience section.
October 22, 2018
Barbara I.
Business & confidence coach
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
September 10, 2019

“My business would not be what it is without Acuity! ”

OverallLove them. My favorite tool. Such a basic necessity for any business owner that has constant appointments with clients, colleagues, and more.
ProsA better question would be, what don't I love about Acuity? Acuity Scheduling was one of my first business investment and I seriously wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for this software. As a business & confidence coach that works fully online and with international clients, I could not function without Acuity Scheduling. I love all of their features, time conversions, intake forms, being able to embed a scheduling calendar onto my site, its seamless connection with PayPal, the capacity to create custom coupon codes and discounts, and so much more. I recommend Acuity to ALL of my clients because they are the best scheduling system I've found out there.
ConsHmmm... Honestly, I like pretty much everything. One thing is that it was a little complicated to connect it to ConvetKit for email marketing but once I figured it out, it was easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Tracey A.
Lead Photographer
Photography, Self-employed
August 6, 2019

“It might not be pretty”

OverallIt took me a little while to figure out how to do things like "block" time out so people couldn't book, but I'm a wiz now. I found the user interface to be easier to navigate with the other scheduling apps I tried.
ProsI officially launched my business this past month, I sent out an email campaign to my list that included a booking link so clients could pick their preferred time and date, even if it was a face-to-face or zoom call. I blocked off times and days I was unavailable and it off we went. All of my clients have begun booking their appointments and I've had zero complaints about usability. It made everything seamless and easy. I love that I have the iPhone app and the website to work from.
ConsIt's not really aesthetically pleasing. It would be better if the client's details were included in the header/subject line of the booking. I can't add a Zoom meeting link directly into that type of booking option, and that would save time and emails.
Christie B.
July 23, 2019

“Best thing I ever did for my business”

OverallThis saves soooo much time and hassles for me when it comes to scheduling. I've built the link into my email signature so even when I am not necessarily talking to someone about scheduling, they have the option to jump in and get some time booked with me. In that scenario, this becomes a marketing item for me as well!
ProsThis software became the best decision I made for my business. I am able to streamline the scheduling process by empowering clients and prospects to schedule a meeting or consultation time on their own. As a small business owner, I was easily overwhelmed by the amount of going back and forth through email or messaging apps trying to get things scheduled. It was time-consuming and difficult to manage. Now, I can simply offer the link and there is no more going back and forth!
ConsMy only "con" for this software is that I would prefer to have more options for blocking time other than just straight blocking time - maybe offer more color options and possibly make those blocks available for others to see when I want it to be seen.
July 23, 2019
Michelle L.
visionary | dreamer
April 8, 2019

“Best application for managing your appointments”

OverallI love the interface, the customer support, and above all this seamless tool. I am so grateful this group came about and made this thing to make my life easier for booking appointments - even if it's just a 30-minute call with my mother (and yes, I even book those so I can honor my time and boundaries).
ProsSeamless integration with iCloud. I manage a lot of calendars: my work, my volunteering, my kid's events, and more. I exclusively use Apple products, so I manage these events in a way conducive with Apple's interface. Acuity allows me to bring in all of those complications so I can present a relatively clean picture to clients when they try to find time on my schedule. It allows us to remove the schedule back and forth - they just find a time that works for them, so we can then focus our energy where it matters most: doing our good work.
ConsThere are some options that could be easier to find. For example, "Direct Scheduling Links" are found in two places. However, whenever I have been confused or didn't understand how to do something, their support team responds usually within a few hours. So I am never long without knowing and usually have a quick solution in a short amount of time.
Rebecca D.
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

“Very versitle”

OverallPositive. I have had NO STRESS from using this system. That's priceless.
ProsFirst off price. I am an ex Mind Body user, and I have a small business. Running a business in New Zealand is not an easy thing to do in my industry. I wanted something more affordable, but Acuity Scheduling has all the features of Mind-Body, and more, that suits my business except Retail Sales and that did not bother me. I have a few elements of my business, and AS has so many well thought out features that I have always been able to do everything I wanted to do. As they continue to make on going improvements, it's great. I especially like the payment options, for my business, people can prepay. Thats really useful for a mobile and clinic in Massage. They are contactable and always respond (unlike MindBody), there vidos are easier to understand. I think I have only ever contacted them for 1 or 2 things. Its modern, has a fun vibe, and has a good list of prices for the staff levels. Its really easy to update your account, I have had a period with more staff and gone to unlimited then now back to the next plan down, super easy. No hassles.
ConsThe only thing I would like is a shop to sell products. I did like that feature in Mind Body. Asides from that its not got any cons.