Rydoo Ratings

Overall
4.4/5

About Rydoo

Rydoo is a leading business travel and expense solution that automates and streamlines processes for high-growth companies and enterprises. At Rydoo we save you a lifetime. We free companies and their employees from travel and expense friction. From searching flights and hotels, booking a seat on a train or expensing a cab from the airport. Our end-to-end solution covers your whole journey. Period. Learn more about Rydoo

Spela P.
Operations and Communications Manager
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
August 6, 2016

“Completely indispensable app for expenses”

Overallits a lovely and great tool for organising expenses. I cant imagine going back to whatever i was doing before.
ProsIt is a great tool for expenses. Its easy to use and nice design. All features work perfectly - the receipt reader, all the possibilities offered to tailor it to your wishes and demands.
ConsThis is not a "Cons" message, but perhaps a message for Xpenditure: I would like to be able to manage more things with my admin account - like changing receipts, cropping, and also be able to choose among QuickBooks clients and Classes what is shown and what not - we do not use all Projects or Clients for expenses and they just make a mess. Otherwise, I would change only the functionality of trips - we have people travel from all over the world on the same trip and its impossible to track it if all of them have to create their own, although the same trip. What I did to solve this problem is, I used Custom fields and there is a great option of linking a value to a Project. Value is a trip and it is linked to a Project. When you choose a project while entering a receipt, the trips filter immediately to show only the ones, linked to this project. It's almost perfect. So now all employees that travel choose that and I can filter the totals. I don't understand why can't you just take this option and put on trips. The unfortunate thing is that we now (for this reason) don't use "Trips" option at all, although it has all these great fields.
Recommendations to other buyersI would strongly and warmly recommend this application. It would make your life much easier. Their support team is incomparable to any others, because they really show you they care and want to help you. And they don't stop until your problem is solved.

By Rydoo on August 22, 2016
Hi Spela, Thank you for your valuable feedback. We're aware of the issues you correctly pointed out and wanted to let you know that we are constantly improving our product and eliminating these small handicaps. And in the meantime our customer support team is happy to guide you through the 'trip feature' ;)
Phillip I.
1-10 employees
July 29, 2016

“Great expense software, I'd recommend in a heartbeat!”

OverallI was looking for an expense manager to replace one that I was previously. The one I was using before didn't have great customer support and a few times the site was down, which was not good. When I first looked at Xpenditure It took me a while to set it up the way I was used to but the customer support during this process was excellent. Any questions I had, while I was checking them out and hadn't paid a dime, they treated me as if I was already a client of theirs. They held my hand through the process and it's worked out great. After everything was setup, I've had minor issues which again, the customer support helped me through.
ProsCustomer support is excellent. I like how it integrates with your banking account, if you choose to link them, which helps in not having to type in different expenses. I REALLY LIKE, if you have recurring expenses every month, there's a check box (recurring expense) that you can check, and on the day of the month that expense is due, everything is already setup for you in a todo list and you can just add your receipt. I also travel overseas for business and I love that if I purchase something overseas from any country, you don't have to worry about the conversion rates, etc. All you do is put in the price of your purchase in the currency box, there's a dropdown menu for countries around the world. Let's say you're in Europe, you pull up their currency and it will automatically change the currency into American Dollars for your expense reports. (Great feature). If you're like me I like to take a few minutes a day to take care of my expenses, so that they don't pile up, so with the mobile app when you're out and about you can add your expenses, or take a few minutes when you're in front of your computer. You can add your receipts from your computer, webcam, or send receipts via email and your information will be in it's proper places. You can also track mileage, track time and create a trip and have an expense report for a specific trip as well. All great features.
ConsSometimes the mobile app doesn't get all of the information and then I'll go on the computer to adjust the information.
Recommendations to other buyersI'd definitely recommend Xpenditure, It fits my world and my busy schedule and at the end of the year I'll be able to have my expense reports ready for the accountant with no issues.
July 29, 2016
Tony B.
Executive recruiter
Construction, 501-1000 employees
March 8, 2018

“The solution that will allow you to keep track of expenses!!! ”

OverallXpenditure is a very convenient solution, especially their mobile app. I find their desktop version to be slightly more difficult to manage, but still fairly easy. This helps people keep a better track of their expenses and makes it easier to validate and verify with the instant picture option.
ProsOur organization was looking to go paperless as much as possible. We were suffering from a lot of paperwork in this department while handling all business travel related documents/receipts. We had been researching many solutions that are available on the market but the most flexible one was Xpenditure. One of the best things was implementing this product. We had a great experience to work closely together with the Xpenditure team in order to align the product with our business needs. We were very impressed and highly appreciated that they always listen to what the needs are of the customer. If they can not come up with a solution immediately they will take the point with them and come back.
March 8, 2018
Phillip I.
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
March 8, 2016

“Making Expense Reports A Breeze”

OverallI'm in the entertainment industry as well as I have a business that I run from home. I need to differentiate the different parts of my life and make the reporting of my expenses easy for my accountant. I travel around the world performing and so there's various expenses, or write-offs, that I need to keep track of. I was using another company for a few years and they're going out of business. I searched for a company that could handle my expenses the way that I was already used to. In my search, I found Xpenditure. They have literally made 'expense reporting a breeze'. Even in my trial period, I needed some help in setting up my different expense reports and the customer service is GREAT!. I was a POTENTIAL customer, and the customer service treated me as if I was already a customer. Once I was helped with my setup, I haven't looked back. I've already recommended Xpenditure to some of my colleagues and will continue to do so. They have a customer for life.
ProsAs I mentioned in the review section, the customer support is phenomenal. In my trial period, I was treated like a customer that had already been with the company for a while. That's very attractive to potential customers. Also the ease of use, the mobile apps they have, so you can report your expenses on the go. If you need different types of expense reports, such as I do, they can accommodate that with no problems. Also, in traveling around the world they have a dropdown box for the different types of currency that you're using in a particular company. The pricing is very reasonable and you get a lot of bang for your bucks. Whether you're a big company or a self-employed person, it doesn't matter, they can accommodate your needs. I would say that they're a company that definitely over delivers but is very unassuming. I'd never heard of them until I did a search. I read a little bit about them, while I was checking out other companies, and Xpenditure won! Xpenditure treats people the way they want to be treated!
ConsAt this point, I'm in my third month and I currently don't have any complaints. If I need any help, I contact customer support and they help me. No cons!
March 8, 2016
Marsha P.
Finance - Controller
Automotive, 201-500 employees
March 19, 2019

“Next Steps with Rydoo”

OverallIt has taken 2 years to fully integrate Rydoo at our Organization due to Smart Phone challenged users. Now that all employees are using the platform, it runs very well. Those who utilize Apps especially love the platform.
ProsThe App is extremely easy to use. If you can use an App, you can easily migrate to using this software. The travel features are a great upgrade. Because the receipts are in the cloud, you can quickly run reports for tax/audit purposes providing ample evidence for auditors.
ConsFile maintenance is cumbersome for users with accounting and controller privileges. You can contact Support but you really should be able to do on your own.
March 19, 2019
Rich L.
Aplication Specialist
Farming, 201-500 employees

“faster the better”

OverallThis system works very well. Helps me keep my receipts in order and I can work through them when I back at my computer later in the week or later in an evening. I have only noticed one problem with taking pictures of receipts with my phone. Seems to now have a green screen jumping in and out of the receipt in different areas and it makes taking the picture of the receipt take longer than it should. And sometimes have to retake the pic. This use to not happen when I first started using the app. So I don't know what has changed. But it can be frustrating. And it could also be something with the latest update from Apple as well. Have not had time to look into it from the phone side of this.
ProsThe ease of taking pictures of receipts and not having to worry about hanging on to them.
ConsJust the green screen that jumps around on the receipt when trying to take the picture. Makes it take longer than before.
Jeff S.
Accounting, 1-10 employees
February 13, 2017

“Best expense management software/app EVER !!!!!”

OverallI have a small firm and have had a lot of time and opportunities to check out many North American and European software and apps and compare them. Xpenditure has passed all the certainty and accuracy tests and I am confident that when I upload the receipts at night time, and I'm talking about a lot of receipts!!!, the next morning fields are accurately extracted and lined up for me for approval. The app is smart so it recognizes your previous entries and habits and will adjust itself to your needs. Support is amazing, I would say better than all those big shot companies. Love it! and recommend it to everyone for both personal and business use.
Alex T.
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed

“Excellent Expense Tracker”

OverallOne of the best features of Xpenditure is the ability to convert photos of receipts into actual data that you can categorize, assign expense accounts to, and track as part of projects. I used to perform this task manually, entering the data from receipts into a custom system, then taking a photo of the receipt for safe-keeping. It was a weekly chore, that took up at least an hour per week. Now, it takes me seconds to take a picture of the receipt with my phone, and simply let Xpenditure do the rest. Great product!
ProsEasy to use. Decent mobile app, better web front-end.
ConsInitially, it took time to figure out where the categories / accounts were hiding. It would be nice to have a default currency setup. Sometimes, the application assumes I'm using a different currency, other than US dollar. Instead of asking me to verify something each time, it should just default to US dollar.

By Rydoo on February 13, 2017
Thank you for your review Alex! It's possible to set your default currency in your personal settings.
Shaluu B.
November 30, 2016

“OMG THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER”

OverallI was so tired of working with bills and excel sheets. I cant explain how much time is wasted every single day doing this crap. After all, time = money right? Then I found this gem. I contacted Charlotte on the website and asked a whole buncha questions and tested how the website works, and WOAH was I amazed! Its as simple as clicking a picture from your smartphone. Got a problem? Ask someone in the chat and they'll respond within 15 mins. Where else is the customer service so fast? Exactly, nowhere else. Would I recommend it to my colleagues? Oh hell yeah. Would I get subscription for year two? Definitely. This is my life long companion now. Really good job guys, kudos to you.
ProsEasy to use Prompt Response from the staff and they are kind :) Nice UI Comes with an App that you can use to click pictures and upload Export to PDF and Excel sheet. The invoices are numbered and the pictures are attached in the PDF, this feature got me.
ConsIn the app you manually have to turn off Reimburse every time you click a picture. (I could be wrong) Cannot upload PDFs of the scanned bills from CAMSCANNER.
Recommendations to other buyersThis is better and more easy to use than the competitors. Trust me on this.
November 30, 2016
Financial Services, 10,001+ employees
October 11, 2018

“Secures Your Travel Expenses in a Smarter Way”

ProsI travel extensively for my work and have a budget allocated for each of my visits. I find it time consuming to type all my expenses on a spreadsheet and was looking for a better alternative. I decided to search for a software that can help me reduce these steps. I found Rydo and this has minimized the amount of work in compiling my expenses. First of all, I take photos of all my paper receipts and gather the electronic ones, then I just upload them all at once. Keeps things simple and makes you work smarter. The best part, is that this software computes the different currencies and simplifies my job. It manages my reimbursements in a timely manner. I am secured that my travel expenses are in good hands.
ConsMy only concern is sometimes the software tends to lag and takes slower than usual. This is a pet peeve especially when you have multiple receipts. I hope they fix this problem.
October 11, 2018
Timothy W.
Accounting Manager
July 21, 2017

“Great Expense Monitoring”

ProsThere are several aspects I've come to enjoy about Xpenditure. Customer service is great, easy to understand, expense tracking and much more! Our sales people can upload receipts from anywhere they are located and they've finally become timely. The postage alone will pay for the software.
ConsThe only negative thing I can think of is that the software can run slow at times. Especially concerning the process of taking pics of receipts.
July 21, 2017
Bela S.
June 2, 2016

“Single best business app I use”

OverallI travel extensively all over the world and am horrible at keeping up with expenses leading to painful all-day "catch-up" sessions when my accountant gets on my case. This service takes all the pain out of doing expenses. The OCR feature is pure gold and I love how it tries to figure things out on its own. After I do a quick run-through to make sure all is correct, a simple step creates an expense report that I can send to my accountant for processing. Super simple. I used to work at large Fortune 50 companies and wish they had a system this simple (Oracle can learn a thing or two from these guys). Only negative side is the slow response and minimal communication when solving small problems. For example, I've let them know that when I pick a trip on the IOS app, by the time it's processed, the system often tries to outsmart me and changes the trip. Also, since it knows what country I'm in, the processing should default to that country's currency unless it's clear that it is another currency. I've fed these and other small things to customer service, got thanked for them, but then they seem to be in a black hole somewhere. I have many other suggestions from daily usage but don't bother. Overall, though, I can't recommend Xpenditure enough. Has already saved me countless hours as well as reporting nightmares. Now do something similar for multi-country/currency invoicing. :-)
June 2, 2016
John C.

“Xpenditure: my solution”

OverallI have been a fan & user of receipt / expense apps for about 3 years. I have used three different apps, each for long enough to get to know the strengths & weakness(s). Based on daily use, Xpenditure has been the best. I have a small Construction company, do not have a full time bookkeeper, and do a lot of my receipt & expense entry on the fly. Expenditure is simple to use, so you will actually use it, while at the same time, the quality of reporting and data access is very strong. I use it with QuickBooksOnline. Very satisfied!
Prosease of use
Consnone
Recommendations to other buyersmake it a habit to use Expenditure, it does make job costing and general bookkeeping much easier
Joachim C.
General Manager
Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees
January 13, 2017

“Good software supporting small businesses”

OverallIt is a good software, but in some parts possibility for optimization. f.i. in the mobile version it should be possible to enter all datas (VAT) and it should be possible to forward the bill to the boss. There should be a direct link from the report to the expense, without going the deviation via expenses and the filter there
ProsA lot of functions included - good for a small business
ConsAt some parts a bit complicated
Recommendations to other buyersSee last part.
Bart D.
Technology advisor
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
January 21, 2017

“Great expense tool !”

OverallWe love expenditure ! Great tool, web-service (interface) could be a bit faster sometimes (if you use on a daily base) - just scan and you are ready !
Pros- scanning service with great OCR - in belgium you can loose the original receipt (they keep it for 10 years) - swift interface - superfriendly support
Cons- interface a bit slow sometimes (probably because of growth -- invest in servers :-) ) - can't ready directly from KBC (important bank in BE° - cannot integrate with yuki or exact offline (only the online version which is a non go for our account because its too slow) -- so more export/api option should be recomended
Recommendations to other buyersKeep on adding features
January 21, 2017
Daniel A.
Application & Service Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
January 13, 2017

“Managing expenses of a Team”

OverallDear All, I am the Application and Service Manager of DORC Germany. With this tool Expenditure it is very easy to manage the expenses of a Team (6 members). You have You categories and can also select and analyze expenses to make a statisik. Good tool very good.
ProsVery easy to manage expenses of the Team (6 members)
ConsI only can approve expenses of the team on the website an App would be finde also to change the paramter to approver.
Recommendations to other buyersSwitch to approver inside the app to approve expenses inside the app.
hares k.
Accountant
Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees
June 17, 2016

“satisfaction with xpenditure”

Overallpreviously we had to sit long time every month on anlysing the expenses. but now it is just on one click. we can also make advances attributable to individuals and sets off their expenses into that.
ProsNow we not have to keep piles of expense receipts for future references. It automatically scans the receipts and post most of the data itself. it can be access from anywhere. it helps me categorize expenses.
June 17, 2016
Jeanette A.
Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
July 18, 2019

“Was ok, but got worse”

ProsWe used Rydoo, when it was Zenefits. It was mediocre then, but when it changed it's name to Rydoo, it became more complicated and less accurate we had to leave it and go to another program.
ConsIt was difficult to operate for both the staff and the administration.

By Rydoo on July 22, 2019
Hey Jeanette, Thank you for submitting your review about Rydoo. We're sorry to hear about your experience. As an evolving company, we are constantly working on bettering our system to create the best possible user experience for our clients. We have taken your review into consideration and have forwarded it to the the respective department. It should be noted that Rydoo has never been affiliated with Zenefits. Previously, our name was Xpenditure and we merged with iAlbatros to form the Rydoo of today :) Again, thank you for your submission. Have a fantastic day! Kind regards, The Rydoo Team
July 18, 2019
FRANK M.
Vice President
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees
December 13, 2018

“Downhill”

OverallThis was a great app before Rydoo purchased Expenditure. It has gone downhill with every update since the purchase. I've never seen anything like it. They've turned a good app into absolute junk. I'm switching to another app even though I recently paid for an entire year.
ProsThis used to work great. It uploaded emails and camera shots without issue. Made doing a expense report a piece of cake. I had my entire sales team using it. It's been a steep downhill ride for the last six months. Our entire company is changing, most likely to Concur.
ConsWill no longer upload emailed receipts. Camera uploads are slow and often are duplicated. The software has a tendency to take the amount before tip, which makes it worse than useful. You have to check every receipt to make sure it uploads correctly.
December 13, 2018
Richard P.
Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

“Very Streamline ”

OverallI have enjoyed getting ride of all the receipts Xpenditure has cut our time and paperwork by 75%. Thanks
ProsEase of managing receipts
ConsAfter updating my phone it seems a little slower to start up
Jacob K.
Investment Management, 1001-5000 employees
December 31, 2018

“Rydoo is the best decision if you want to maintain contact with your partners.”

OverallWe as a work team are totally satisfied with the results that the App has shown. Rydoo seems to us that it is an application worthy of receiving applause, since it has practically no errors, except for its distortion.
Prosrydoo has brought us a new version of its already renamed App. rydoo is an excellent video calling application made exclusively for partners and companies, has a very modern and functional interface, and also has a great sound quality.
ConsIt has a single small error that we must emphasize, such as the fact that sometimes the signal is distorted a bit, but that also depends on the frequency of the signal, what we mean is that when making a call it is a little unstable.
December 31, 2018
Amber H.
Financial Assistant
Philanthropy, 11-50 employees
October 19, 2017

“Great Customer service”

ProsIt is user friendly and I like that you can customize just about anything. The reporting side has several options and is compatible with Quickbooks.
ConsThe mobile app has some gliches from time to time so we have to re download the app. I would like an easier way to attach multiple pages for a receipt.
October 19, 2017
Peter L.
Senior Finance Employee
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
July 6, 2016

“Xpenditure connects our business!”

OverallAs a financial employee of the administration of our German business, I am using Xpenditure software since for 9 months now. We (financial end) and the users (business end) use the software for approving and reporting invoices payable, as well as personal expense reports. My experience is that the software has a lot of features that enables me to finetune the use and output we desire. On a more philosophical note, the usage of Xpenditure is one of the means to connect our remote business office in Munich with shared service center in Amsterdam.
ProsLayout, instant customer support by chat, reporting format, reliable
ConsData is less editable then I would like to see, i.e. data should be able to be extracted as Excel file for instance.
July 6, 2016
Matthew H.
May 31, 2016

“Great so far”

OverallI'm really enjoying using this software so far (about 1 month, and 500+ receipts). It's simple, gets things right most of the time, and the customer service is excellent. I travel a lot and have expenses in several currencies. Although it makes a few mistakes and needs a check over, Xpenditure gets it right about 90% of the time without any intervention from me. There is a 200 receipt per month fair use limit, which when I decided to upload all my receipts, I hit pretty quickly. After the 200 the receipts are put in a queue and were ready the next morning - not too bad all things considered. The staff were quick to alert me to it, when I was asking them other questions, so at least no time was wasted trying to find out what was happening. The only negative point is I can't seem to find much online documentation - the FAQ are not great for anything detailed and it'd be great to be able to read through some things rather than keep asking the live chat staff (although they are very quick and thorough)
May 31, 2016
Martin S.
CEO, Chief Product Architect
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
April 28, 2019

“Too many issues!”

OverallWhile the concept is really good and the general interface is good, bank linking is less than reliable, transaction uploading and matching are less than reliable and support is to slow. End of the day ... you've wasted incredible amounts of time.
ProsUser interface is likely the cleanest and most intuitive of all the systems I've looked at.
ConsIts an expense tracking app, but bank links import everything including payments meaning you have a lot of editing to do after the fact. Manually uploading transactions from a csv is less than accurate. Dates get reversed continuously again requiring a lot of manual hunting and editing to correct which is a huge was of time. I'm better off doing my own reporting manually using a spreadsheet. (FASTER!) When you're using this for business, you need responsive support, not hours later.
April 28, 2019
Liszt H.
business administrator
Human Resources, 201-500 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
November 3, 2018

“Rydoo review”

Prosvery useful, it allows me to create my expenses on the fly so that I can forget about the receipts very good support service, I find it useful
Consits mobile application is usually somewhat slow and complicated, it also lacks some features that its web version has, for me it is not so bad it is acceptable it is possible to get something useful I hope it will improve
November 3, 2018
Lisa J.
July 14, 2018

“A simple tool to track my expenses - but has the occasional hiccup”

ProsCapturing expenses on the go via the mobile app is simple and quick Makes it easy for my to get reports ready when it's GST return time.
ConsSoftware stil has occasional hiccups. Sometimes it seems to pick and change currencies at random and the mobile app does freeze occasionally. But I've also noticed significant improvements over the last 6 months so I'm confident this is being worked on.
July 14, 2018
March 13, 2017

“Xpenditure loses receipts”

OverallI've tried to use xpenditure with my iphone 7 plus just as anyone else would - to capture expenses as i incur them. There have been over four separate times now that i've taken pics of the invoice, and the app says it's uploading them and then it just hangs that way. But you only know that the app has hung when it hasn't successfully uploaded the image after about 24 hours. Then you know you've got a problem. When I've contacted support about this, they seem blissfully unaware of the criticality of losing an invoice. Their suggestion in this case is (cut and pasted from their email) - "Could you try to delete and reinstall the App please? (Note: If you have any receipts that are currently processing in your App, these will be deleted by doing this). Let me know if this helped". so basically even though you use this app, you'll either have to also keep the paper receipts or switch on the feature that also saves the receipt image into your iphone photos library - just what you want... So i would recommend everyone stays away from this app.
Prosseems easy to use until it doesn't work
Consloses invoices hangs often and the resolution is to delete the app (which deletes any invoices which haven't been uploaded yet (each upload takes minutes even when on wifi))
Recommendations to other buyersdon't do it - you'll lose money and they don't take this production issue seriously.
March 13, 2017
Martha H.
Hospital & Health Care, Unspecified
February 23, 2017

“second year”

OverallI started with xpenditure last year when i was doing my taxes and thinking "there must be a better way" to organize my receipts. This app/software has a lot of functions that I do not even use. I mainly use it for nonreimbursed work expenses, keeping receipt from travel for work, etc. Between my husband and I, there are 4 LLCs and 2 personal taxes getting submitted to the IRS each year. After seeing the report I was able to generate for the accountant, he is on board now and using the app. I like it and while I don't know how to use it to the fullest potential, the customer support is really great.
Prosease of use from phone to photo receipts
ConsToo many receipts bogs down the system. I photo-entered receipts yesterday from a week of travel and the app is still trying to upload them. I am worried that it won't work and I will have to do it all over again.
February 23, 2017
Luigi G.
UX research & UX Design
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

“Lifesaver!!!”

OverallIt's ok, but somethime the app freezes if you try to load to much stuff. Desktop experience is ok, sometime opening popovers is slow you need to speed up servers and make a more light JavaScript (I'm in europe). Filters can be improved, even multiple records selection can be improved.
ProsI love it because make everything is easy and automatic data recognition is fantastic
ConsDashboard can be better, navigation sometimes is strang and labels sometime not clear . UX can be fixed, you need an UX test. Create a a report is not clear, integration with debitoor is has some problems in control panel.
Recommendations to other buyersCustomers support question is wrong how I can rate it if I never use it?
Pedro K.
Market Analyst
August 1, 2016

“Great App and great service!”

OverallWe use it to manage expenses for a small start up. It's the best option to report expenses we found after great searching. It does exactly what we needed: to see where the money is going away.
ProsReally easy to use. Even our most senior partners learned to report their expenses after a short tutorial. It's really intuitive. Costumer support is also great.
ConsIt's a little bit expensive, but it's worth it. Free software doesn't work well with teams.
Recommendations to other buyersA more intuitive and fast way to submit expenses on the go. The user should be able to report the expense between paying and getting the receipt (it can be done, I use http://saverapp.co/ on a daily basis).
August 1, 2016
Marco P.
June 3, 2016

“Fantastic tool tracking expenses, but with some technical flaws”

OverallI've been using Xpenditure for more than a year now, and it is indeed an amazing piece of software. Considering its costs, it saves me personally at least 50 hours of work a year just in building reports for expenses, both for clients and for accounting. At a business meeting and buying donuts for all your clients? Take your phone, snap a picture -> BAM, done. I am slightly dissatisfied with the UI interactions in their website, but I already reported this, so they are aware of some known issues, and gladly collected my feedback. Their support is friendly, quick, understanding and useful, and that's really something important when things go wrong (it's software, after all) and you need that report for the next day. The overall experience is good and integrates well with external data, such as bank account transactions, credit card transactions, etc. I would endorse Xpenditure to every business that needs to track expenses (pretty much every business).
June 3, 2016
tony g.
national field manager
Chemicals, 10,001+ employees
July 14, 2017

“it is a very clear system that provides a lot of easy working and handling”

OverallEverything works perfect, it is very easy to use and gives a clear view of the possibilities.
Prosfast and flexible, clear overview. Good explanation of what to do, in a good time you load your expense notes and get it in the system
July 14, 2017
Kieran T.
COO
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
February 14, 2017

“Great product, recommended ”

OverallThis product by as greatly simplified the expenses process for us. The ability to capture and dispose of receipts, to summarize expenses and to automate aporoval workflow is excellent.
ProsSimple and comprehensive
ConsAporoval set up not so Simple
Christine P.
Office MAnager
Medical Devices, 1-10 employees
January 20, 2017

“Xpenditure Survey”

OverallI really like the use of Xpenditure. Updated App on my phone & do not like having to log on email and password every time I need to enter a receipt on my phone.
Proseasy to use . Don't have to keep paper receipts anymore
January 20, 2017
Nicole M.
Trustee
July 19, 2016

“Xpenditure for a VERY small business”

OverallI have had exceptional live chat service throughout my trial period and it was a huge factor in deciding to go ahead with a subscription.
ProsEase of use and set up was relatively easy compared to other accounting programs I've used before. For such a small business, we needed something simple and this seems to suit our needs exceptionally well.
ConsSetting up the GST component for Australian businesses and not having an Australian ABN in the set up. The wording in particular is confusing when trying to set it up in Aus. It is set up to show 10% but if you are only putting in partial GST you have to remove the GST and select something different because the program wont allow you to adjust the amount.
Recommendations to other buyersThe only other suggestion would be to make the webinars available online to view in our own time. Being in Aus, most of the webinars are on at midnight or later and would be beneficial to view them at a more appropriate time. Could be great to submit questions beforehand of what we need advice with.
July 19, 2016
Christian V.
Sales Director Europe
Pharmaceuticals, 1001-5000 employees

“CV Review 2017”

OverallThis is just a great time saver most of the job is done with the Phone. A last review on computer remains necessary. Round invoices to be double check as it can be due to the format of some invoice (ie. when the figure in the bottom is the cash that you gave, not the amount that you paid)
ProsTime saving
ConsSome date enter in the Phone disappear (countries). Country list on Phone is not user friendly (need long scroll down)
Recommendations to other buyers
Derek N.
Pilot
1-10 employees
August 18, 2016

“Great product so far”

OverallI need to track reimbursable and non-reimbursable expenses. So far this has been the easiest way to do so. I plan to integrate it with my accounting software as well.
ProsHow easy it is to import, categorize, and edit information. I like that I can track all kinds of expenses as well as reimbursable expenses.
ConsLoading a bulk of expenses takes a bit of time, especially when you must click on each one to edit. My only other complaint is about the iPhone app. I wish the taking a photo of the receipt, it would crop out the surrounding area and make it look like a scan like scanner apps do.

By Rydoo on August 22, 2016
Hi Derek, Thank you for your valuable feedback. I'm happy to announce that we're working on a new mobile application containing 'the scanning & cropping feature' you described in your review (along with some other cool improvements). The good news is that you already can subscribe for the beta version here: http://beta.xpenditure.com/. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have other remarks or questions!
August 18, 2016
Sandy C.
Business Manager
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
July 16, 2016

“Xpenditure Review”

OverallThis product has helped free up my time from spending countless hours processing expense reports. So far it seems to be a very valuable tool for us.
ProsIt is very easy to use. I was able to add one of our employees and with very little instruction they were able to upload and submit expenses.
ConsOne feature that would be nice to have is the ability to edit transactions from within a trip. I am still struggling to figure out the per diems but I am sure that will come with time.
Recommendations to other buyersSo far we love this software and hope to be using it for a long time to come. Your customer service is excellent.
July 16, 2016
Sonya M.
Administrator
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
July 9, 2016

“So far so good”

OverallI just joined and am helping a friend with some organization! So far, it's been a great tool! I was looking for a way to organize his many receipts and this seems like it's doing the trick!
ProsI love being able to upload the pictures of receipts so easily. I tried several programs and found this one worked the best for me. It was much user-friendly than the others.
ConsI'm still learning how to do it and I can't seem to figure out how to export a report with out like 50 fields. Wish I could choose which fields to export to save time when I get the report downloaded.
July 9, 2016
Steven T.
Chemical Consultant
Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees
September 23, 2016

“Easy Way to Track Expenses”

OverallI have used Xpenditure for almost year. Most of that time was at a company that used it, and the pdf expense reports were extremely convenient. Now, as a 1099 employee, it has made tracking my expenses and saving them in pdf the best possible solution to providing secondary way to confirm my expenditures. Oh by the way, the price is right too. Steven
Pros-PDF reporting with pictures -App -Website w/expenditures graph -Price
Cons-It does take a while for the pictures to load...not too long...but in the inpatient world of today it does take some time.
Recommendations to other buyersNike said it best, "just do it"!
September 23, 2016
Rob T.
CEO and Founder
Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees
September 2, 2016

“Good scanning, reliability an issue”

OverallI use Xpendiure for the fact that everything I scan is recognised, even handwritten restaurant bills. The user facing software has a number of issues however: * Occasionally it stops syncing, or starts to give an error when uploading and I need to reinstall * Its impossible to add a new category from the Android app * the overall app interaction is a bit clunky - would benefit from a good UX designer review: - target areas for major actions are small (e..g 'add' button) - asked same questions repeatedly (e.g. to use camera)
Proseverything I scan is recognised
Cons* Occasionally it stops syncing, or starts to give an error when uploading and I need to reinstall * Its impossible to add a new category from the Android app * the overall app interaction is a bit clunky - would benefit from a good UX designer review: - target areas for major actions are small (e..g 'add' button) - asked same questions repeatedly (e.g. to use camera)
September 2, 2016
Kye G.
Director of Product and Service Development
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
January 14, 2016

“Lets you power through a big stack or pick them off one at a time on the go”

OverallI have used this both to catch up on a huge stack of receipts or add them on the go when travelling. Painfully I had a stack of over 100 receipts that got dumped on me. Clearly going to have to teach some employees the basics of travel and expense reports. ;-) Anyways, so far so good. All of them are uploaded and I am just going through to tidy them up. It gets the names, dates and amounts right 95% of the time. When it didn't the receipts were faded etc. You can separate the taxes out by adding the tax rate for the various jurisdiction you were in. Did up a PDF report and it was pretty slick. First time I've tried one of these apps and actually can tell I will stick with it. Entering them on the go is pretty awesome. Snap and pic and then clean up the details. Perfect way to pass the time in a cab or at the airport. Instead of on the couch at 10pm like I am now...never again.
ProsAccurate, efficient, simple, sales taxes easy to add, reports seem great
ConsSupport area of the website is kinda lame. Parts of it require you to log in but it doesn't recognize your password.
January 14, 2016
Thomas S.
Business manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

“Great tool!”

OverallFor me this tool is a simple and very efficient way to handle all those burdensome expense notes. The risk of
Prosease of use and perfect reports for the accountancy
ConsOnly a few details: pictures of notes are always rotated 90° when I take them. But it's extremely easy to rotate them back
Recommendations to other buyersNo. The product suits my needs.
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
October 5, 2019

“Gets the job done”

OverallI don't have much control over whether we continue to use this software or pivot to another reimbursement system, but dang that stupid mobile app makes me so mad.
ProsI love that I can snap a picture of my receipt and open my phone to submit my receipt/ reimbursement request immediately. It's nice to be able to report the spend in the moment so I don't have to worry about keeping the receipt and turning it in when I get back to the office.
ConsThe mobile app SUCKS. It takes so long to load and then the screen will freeze as you type, so you have to type one letter at a time and wait for it to load. That doesn't sound too bad but I promise you when you actually have to sit and wait for every single letter you type to pull up into the comment box it can make your blood boil.
October 5, 2019
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
April 4, 2019

“"great software to keep track of your expenses"”

ProsIt is a great app to keep record of your expenses and all your transactions. as all the calculations are solved my software, any probability of mistake is eliminated. I would recommend this software without a second thought. I loved its application version.
Conssometimes the modifications done on app does not synchronize to desktop. also sometimes it becomes sluggish. Overall it is a great software.
April 4, 2019
Sundeep M.
Manager, assurance
January 9, 2018

“Simple small business solution”

OverallIt centralizes expenses easily and quickly
ProsThe software is very easy to use and has the functionality required for a very small business to keep track of expenses
ConsIt can occasionally take a while for larger reports to get uploaded in comparison to other accounting softwares.
January 9, 2018
Phil C.
November 7, 2016

“Expenses made simple”

OverallThis has made my life so much easier, I used to use other apps for expenses but they were unreliable, more expensive, unsuitable for use in the UK or less comprehensive
ProsSImple to use, quick, automatic scanning and dropbox support makes it a breeze (just add PDF to dropbox folder and it automatically extracts all the information!)
ConsNew app crashes alot but likley this will be sorted with updates (the support team assures me)
Recommendations to other buyersA wise investment! go for the trial and you wont regret it
November 7, 2016
September 9, 2016

“Does exactly what we needed”

OverallThe fabrication company I work for was looking for an expense tracker to categorize and link with the quickbooks accounting we already had implemented. We can load receipt and pair them with projects, accounts, and add notes. This helps tremendously for a small company going through consumables daily! Great software and very intuitive.

By Rydoo on September 13, 2016
Dear Mr/Mrs, we appreciate your positive feedback about Xpenditure. Great to hear that Xpenditure helped your company managing its' consumables. If you have any questions about our integrations or features, just let us know!
September 9, 2016
James R.
Managing Director
June 1, 2016

“Expenses Made Easy”

OverallI have been using Xpenditure for a few months now and can thoroughly recommend it. Very easy to use and saves me at least couple of hours a month in the expense claim process. Love the ability to report at the end of each month with pictures of all receipts. So easy to snap a picture on your mobile device and have all your claims ready for review/approval at the end of the period. I was going to give 4 stars, but as the mileage sub rate has just been released, I have boosted to 5 stars. Well done, you have now completely converted me from manual entries and I also no longer need to use TripCatcher for my mileage too.

By Rydoo on June 1, 2016
Hi James, thanks for your kind words, we really appreciate your feedback. We're glad you like the mileage sub rate, and we hope we can surprise again and again in future releases.
June 1, 2016