OfficeTime Ratings

Overall
4.4/5

About OfficeTime

A time tracking software for Mac, Windows, iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch. OfficeTime records billable hours to the minute and expenses. Learn more about OfficeTime

Scott S.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
March 28, 2017

“Way worth the price, everything you would want in a time tracking app”

OverallI have used Office Time for a few years now, the app allows me to switch easily between projects, quickly add notes and adjust times, automatically pauses time when I leave and forget to stop the time, and makes invoicing a breeze. You can also create multiple rate categories for different projects or clients. The mobile app allows you to record time when not on your computer and keeps it all synced and organized. I would ( and have ) recommended this to anyone, especially freelancers, who need a solid program for managing their billing and invoicing.
ProsSwitching between projects quickly, multiple rate categories, notes for itemized logging, reporting and invoicing, address book, mobile app for time tracking
ConsReally nothing, the only thing (and this is minor) a PDF export for reports
Recommendations to other buyersIf you're wavering about getting this software, it is worth it, and best of all, it's not a subscription so you only pay once. The product will pay for itself easily, for me it was in lost hours I would forget to log while on the phone, when away from my computer.
Maleta S.
Creative pro
Graphic Design, Self-employed
January 8, 2019

“Easy to use time tracker”

OverallMy experience with OfficeTime has been very good. It provides me with the tools I need to accurately keep track of time I spend on projects for my various clients and projects.
ProsI love that I can track multiple clients and multiple projects for those clients with OfficeTime. Then I can select multiple projects and easily see how much time I have spent for a client.
ConsMy least favorite think about OfficeTime is that if I forget to pause or turn it off when I'm finished working on a project, it continues to track and when I come back to the computer after the extended time, my tracked time is incorrect. The software does recognize that I have been away and allows me to remove the excess time, but because of my error, I have to manually adjust the time.
January 8, 2019
Leonardo L.
Architects
Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees
April 3, 2017

“Great Software for Time Tracking”

OverallI have been using the software now for over two years. I track every hour of work and business development with the software. In the past I have also generated bills directly from the software and it works great. It is incredibly fast and simple, It does not use the typical week matrix for input so it takes some time to get used to it, since you are looking at one project at the time when entering data. The Review features are simple and great as well. I have recommended the software to colleagues and friends and they also purchased and love it.
ProsSimple and Fast. Allows me to track infinite amount of projects. Project Archive feature is great. Graphs and Review tools are also great. Amazing support from company, the software is continuously developing.
ConsFor my type of business I have projects that run years at the time - also I have a set of reoccurring tasks (about 5-10 at max), sometimes I wish I could see a matrix of project and weekdays and input my work hours ans simplified tasks that way. I understand this feature would be more specific to my office than most business.
Recommendations to other buyersI don't use the mobile version as I now sit in front of my computer most of the time, but the mobile features are also amazing.
Tom B.
Owner, Designer/Developer
Graphic Design, Self-employed
March 28, 2017

“An Excellent Time Tracker”

OverallI've been using OfficeTime for several years now and have been very pleased with it in every way. Tracking time is clear and simple, and the invoice template system allows me to customize my invoices completely (an important for me feature since I'm a designer and am very particular about the design of my invoices). I've only needed to reach out for support a couple of times and have found the rep to be very helpful and prompt in his responses. All around, this is a winner!
ProsSimplicity and ease of use, template system allows for complete customization of invoices.
ConsThere's been a persistent calculation issue when using decimal values for time in the invoice creation process. Certain time values produce an incorrect dollar amount when multiplied by the rate. That's about it, anything else I've wanted is being added to the next version.
Tim G.
Designer
Design, Self-employed
March 30, 2017

“The least-worst Logging App by far”

OverallAll logging apps are awful - I've tried them all. Again and again. So, why on earth have I stuck with this app for over 10 years (count 'em), awaiting a version 2.0 throughout that time? TWO things: how much muscle memory control is available WITHOUT SWITCHING APPS via the global menu - a menu that's practically an ecosystem in its own right. And the way Officetime handles unattended time. Officetime can ask you after a preference settable time to choose one of 3 options: if you want to continue logging to the last timer, not log the time, OR (and this is I think unique) apply the time to a different project. This feature is GOLD. The clunky feel of the UI, the lack of a practically usable unified window of multiple projects for many use cases - these are ghastly tradeoffs (beginning to be addressed in the pre-alpha version I've been able to test). Issues which could probably addressed with a dot level update in the meantime. Before another decade goes by would be good. I will say, that the developer has been very responsive with support including helping with workarounds for self-inflicted wounds (corrupted data, migrations etc), and dot level updates have been ongoing. But back to the UX: most loggers make the assumption that you're happy to spend time switching apps, (or worse still going to a webpage), filling in stuff, and going back out to what you were doing before. Bad call. The best logging app is one that ticks away in the background prompting appropriately and remaining accessible without breaking your workflow. What happens after that can matter, but billings and reports etc are secondary. it's the data capture that's most critical. All time-logging software is awful (unless having to go onto a website to log time, or switch apps unnecessarily is your kind of fun), but because Officetime allows me to mostly stay focussed on my actual work and only interrupts usefully to check that unattended time is logged properly, I put up with such significant trade-offs. So with priority #1 done so right, its the UX post-data-capture and pre-reports which Officetime is well overdue addressing: Depending on your use case, (like the need to have multiple timers paused, as you switch between jobs) you may find yourself with 2343498 open Officetime windows. So I heartily recommend this app, as well as leaning on the developer to ramp up the most critically needed UX improvements.
ProsGlobal menu system, organisational concepts, prompts with optoins to assign 'unattended' (no keystroke) time.
ConsUX within the app when editing records ,lack of a unified view when running multiple paused timers.
Recommendations to other buyersA UX focussed Version 2.0 can't come soon enough.
March 30, 2017
Dan B.
Support
August 5, 2019

“OfficeTime”

ProsA great simple product that allows you to manage your time for billable hours. The product works with iOS and Android phones/tablets. It will allow you to sync data and clients with the above mentioned to either a laptop or desktop. It will also allow you to create invoices for clients on the fly, or after you have finished your work on site.
ConsNot many that I can think of, the product is now going thru a version 2.0, a lot of input from the individuals that are Beta testing the product. A little confusing sometimes, but it seems to be going in the right direction.
August 5, 2019
Jason F.
Systems Engineer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
March 1, 2017

“Awesome software to document my time”

OverallI've had very good luck with using OfficeTime as a documentation means for my consulting. I've gotten to the point where any time I need to document is done here. I can sync both my Apple Watch and iPhone time into a desktop version on macOS to print or transfer over to other applications. I highly recommend this app all the way!
ProsEasy way to document times
ConsIt's starting to age in its version and needs updating but as a beta tester I can say the representative is working very hard to make sure it gets updated!
March 1, 2017
Bernhard v.
Freelancing IT admin and support
Computer Software, Self-employed

“Simply indispensable”

OverallI use OfficeTime both on Mac and iPhone on a daily basis to track time for my clients and also to track time for my own projects. OT works without any problems, syncs flawlessly and I rely on its functionality to track the time I spend on various tasks. Creating invoices is quick and easy once you have set up your templates. So far it has never let me down. OT is one of the few software applications that work without problems.
ProsReliability, ease of use.
ConsJust a few hickups you can work around
Recommendations to other buyersReliable.
K H.
Information Technology and Services, Unspecified
March 28, 2017

“fantastic, easy to use software”

OverallI've been using this software for years and have loved it. Right now, mostly I use the laptop version but I like the mobile versions as well. The quality of the software is great - it's easy to use and does what I need it to do and saves me a lot of time. The customer support is awesome. Nothing but good things to say!
ProsEasy to use; saves me a lot of time; well organized; does exactly what I need it to do.
ConsNo cons about this software from me.
Recommendations to other buyersUse it!
Andi G.
Small Business Owner
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
December 11, 2016

“Great tool for freelancers”

OverallI loved using this software when I was doing desktop publishing work from home for different companies. I loved how I could just click to start the time and anytime my activity stopped for the time I set (10 minutes) it would stop timing and ask me if I wanted to count the time or not. I got distracted a lot and went back and forth between tasks so the software could almost read my mind about what I was working on and for how long.
ProsEasy to use, free or cheap, not bulky, simple
Consthe options were a little confusing to setup sometimes. The invoices that could be sent through the software could've been setup better and more attractive.
December 11, 2016
Linda D.
Art Director
Design, Self-employed
March 28, 2017

“So easy to track and invoice”

OverallIt has streamlined my billing and time tracking. It continues to improve with each release. I find creating invoices a breeze and I like that I can adjust time. I can also take it on the go with me and syncing to my desktop is instant.
ProsEasy, precise, flexible. Can subtotal categories for a client who needs to bill different cost centers.
ConsWould like to set decimal to 100's in invoice output.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
October 15, 2018

“OfficeTime”

OverallI am very happy with OfficeTime and continue to use it to track hours.
ProsOur company used this software to track time for individual projects. This software made it easy to track our time by specific jobs and pull a report of the hours we sent.
ConsI had no issues with this software. Everything was easy to use.
October 15, 2018
Peter W.
Consultant
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Unspecified
April 2, 2017

“Long time user of a stable and effective system”

OverallHappy with Office time. Has operated reliably in the background not distracting from the work to be done. Have explored some feature enhancements and there is a real interest in evolving based on user feedback.
ProsReliable and adaptive to user requirements
ConsSome features important for tracking billing against time limits are not provided.
April 2, 2017
Frank B.
EVP
June 17, 2019

“Officetime”

ProsGreat product to keep track of time for customers, also has the ability to create invoices, will sync with PC and iPhones. You can walk into a client site, and start your billable time.
ConsIt takes a little while to set-up, but once you get it up and running you should be good to go.
June 17, 2019
Steve D.
design
Design, 1-10 employees
April 3, 2017

“OfficeTime has saved me years of time”

OverallI've used OT for years, it simply runs I click it on and leave it to do the rest, I love how it posts into my calendar and links with my workflow.
Proslink with existing workflow
Conscan be buggy sometimes in entering details
Michelle H.
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
March 28, 2017

“Nice desktop timer for project work”

OverallI have used OfficeTime for years now. I really like how easy it is to use and the timely updates and customer service is nice too. I would recommend this to any small business owner who needs to keep track of hours and invoice all in one place. Thank you OfficeTime!
ProsEase of use
ConsIt does crash on occasion, so that can be a little frustrating
Trang H.
Cad Draftsman
Architecture & Planning, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
January 13, 2019

“A great tracking time software”

ProsIt's very simple and easy to use. I can use it to manage my time and I can know how much time I spent on a project or a client.
ConsI don't have any complaints about this software. Really love it.
January 13, 2019
Kim Charles C.
Senior Compliance Analyst
Utilities, Unspecified
May 17, 2018

“Simple to use, takes care of business”

OverallEase of administration of invoicing and accounting.
ProsThe interface is extremely intuitive and easy to use. Additionally, with almost no training, I was able to set up accounts and send invoices as needed using this software.
ConsIt can be a little tough to set up the template you want to use for invoicing. Many times I had to go into the finished file and make changes there. It would have been good to include that functionality before the finished invoice.
May 17, 2018
Jim T.
April 1, 2017

“An indispensable tool for time-keeping”

OverallI use Office Time (it is always running in the background) to track all my time. At the beginning of the day I do a quick report on yesterday, then, copy/paste the data into a spread sheet. This becomes invaluable in numerous ways, such as 1) making future estimates I can go back and quickly understand what areas took how much time, and being there is a cost connected I don't have to do extra math to get subtotals. 2) projects can be easily separated. 3) On a rare occasion, if I need to understand what was happening, say 4 months ago, I can quickly narrow down by function and date data that would take a time to remember. Time to me is precious, you can't get it back, and OfficeTime is my go-to application for simplistically and accurately tracking time. I wouldn't be without it.
April 1, 2017
Ginni T.
Owner/Graphic Artist/Writer
July 27, 2015

“This program has proven invaluable for my business.”

OverallThis program has allowed me to accurately track the time spent on each project. As I provide a fairly extensive variety of services, I am able to bring up multiple windows to track several different client projects at the same time. I get a reminder when the computer has been idle for 5 minutes and then I can either accept the time or subtract it from the project. I searched for a long time and it was a review from another user that let me to this program. Where they fall short is replying to questions when a problem does arise. Although in the three years I've been using this program I've only had issues twice.
July 27, 2015
r d f.
owner/sole proprietor
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
October 10, 2018

“Office Time Saves you Time”

ProsThe software is easy to use and saves you time on your needs in the practice.
ConsThe least favorite about this software is the "newby" learning curve. A little patience goes a long way. Good support for us!
October 10, 2018
Dick S.
March 31, 2017

“First app i bought after switching to Mac OSX”

OverallAfter switching from Windows to Mac (years ago) the first app i bought was OfficeTime. I needed a replacement for my Windows utility. I never searched for another, for writing working hours, although i came across several. The ease of use, the quick reports and the calendar integration is perfect, and all i need. I had a few issues in the past (writing time entries after the clock had changed to daylight saving time. But this issue was solved in next releases. Good customer care!
March 31, 2017
Gourav S.
PHP Developer
Used the software for: I used a free trial
December 12, 2018

“less userfriendly but effective software for tracking office activity”

OverallOverall it is fine software but not upto that extent.
ProsGood software for tracking office activity on mac and ios devices. We can create multiple categories over it according to our use.
Consthe bad thing about it is its time-logging function is not user friendly for desktop versions.
December 12, 2018
Christian M.
March 28, 2017

“Excellent time tracking tool”

Overall I've been using OfficeTime for one year and three months and found its features quite beneficial for tracking my time for various projects . I'm a Woodworker and I find by categorizing the various steps required to finish a project I can accurately see at the end where my time is actually spent compared to my initial estimate.