CakeHR Ratings

Overall

About CakeHR

Our end-to-end recruitment software accelerates the recruitment process with automated tracking, on-demand applicant screening, easily accessible data with mobile optimisation, advanced analytics and seamless integration with other CakeHR modules. Learn more about CakeHR

Stefan W.
Managing Director
Online Media, 11-50 employees

“Great”

ProsFor our company, it greatly simplifies the managing the holiday entitlement of our employees. Our employees appreciate the real-time view of their day-off and holiday balance.
Cons- Day Offs: In our company the day offs are flexible. Employees are supposed to take 2 day-offs per week, but sometimes these day-offs are shifted to the next week. (It's always within the same month though.) It would be great to have some way to be alerted/monitor if someone requests more day-offs than they are entitled to. Right now I have to count the day off requests to make sure it's within their day-off limit. (Right now a staff could request more day-offs that they are entitled to.) Having this said, I don't want it to be shown as a yearly quota, same holidays and public holidays, as these days can be taken anytime, while day-offs are not of that nature. However, a monthly quota would be fine. - Time Tracking: What is definitely missing is time tracking (for which we use HubStaff now) and overtime/undertime tracking. Our employees track their working time, and have a floating balance of time. Cake would be the complete and perfect HR solution if there was everything at a glance - the balance of Holiday, Public Holiday, Sick Days, Day-Offs and Over/Undertime. Ideally, being able to differentiate between freelancers and full-time staff - where freelancer time results in salary and full-time staff time results in time balance. Also, overtime should be able to be mutated (to holiday / day-off) or pay-off (define a per-hour amount for the time, calculate the pay-off, deduct the time from the balance.)

By HR Bakery on January 18, 2018
Hi Stefan! Many thanks for the detailed and honest review! We are making leave requests far more transparent for managers so that you can be alerted when they are overspent. I'm going to set up a call with you to make sure you're being onboarded to the new Timesheets module we have been developing over the last months!
Craig M.
Furniture, 11-50 employees
June 11, 2019

“Great software with a great team behind it”

OverallWe solve the complexity of holidays clashing with Cake HR. It's a a core part of our business that every employee uses.
ProsI love how simple it is for our team to request holidays and to monitor sick days also. The interface is nice too.
ConsThe app is a bit limited and it would be helpful if it offered a full calendar view.

By HR Bakery on June 14, 2019
Many thanks, Craig! In case you feel that you have any other feature suggestions you want to share with us, please make sure to post them through your app or profile, green box at the bottom of right corner :) Best regards, Viktorija
Anna R.
Head of HR
Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 employees
June 27, 2019

“Cake is great for small companies”

OverallOverall we are happy and will continue to use Cake for hopefully many more years. We hope our requestes will be taken to development
ProsIt was very easy to setup it´s quiet user friendly it allows some automations vie receipts price is based on users
Consas we grow very fast our needs change, even tough the cake team did implement a few changes to also accommodate our needs some are not satisfied yet: option to choose a worktime pattern when adding new user complex leave policy setup with formula for holiday allowance based on i.e. (age, number of children etc.)

By HR Bakery on July 2, 2019
Dear Anna, Many thanks for your honest feedback! I just wanted to mention that there is automation available for some other tools except recipes. Let's get in touch to discuss our further cooperation and make sure you're making the most out of your subscription with us. With thanks, Viktorija
June 27, 2019
Laura D.
Global Culture & People Happiness Lead
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
June 18, 2019

“Cake HR is a Strategic Partner for Findasense”

OverallHas helped us a lot in the optimization, automatization and agility to handle our employee data and processes like leaves, feedback, goals, etc. We have established an alliance with the Cake HR team and this has allowed us to customize the app to our and being able to find solutions to our daily needs.
ProsIntuitive for its use, user friendly, modern look, flexibility in workflows and constant improvements in the app. The best part for us is that we have constant contact with the support team and work very closely in designing processes and workflows to respond our internal needs.
ConsWe are working on having a more horizontal structure and be able to install a collective decision making process. So far Cake HR needs for everyone to have a "manager" for approvals in many of the processes so sometimes we need to think around that. This is not a mejor limitation since the app also allows for some processes to have automatic approvals, but would be interesting to evaluate new organization models.

By HR Bakery on June 20, 2019
Dear Laura, Thank you for having taken your time to provide us with your valuable feedback! Our goal is to keep new and existing CakeHR features fully customizable, therefore options for different organization models will be definitely considered :) With thanks, Viktorija
Lee P.
Principal Developer
Internet, 11-50 employees
June 18, 2019

“A great HR platform for smaller companies”

OverallOverall I am very happy with CakeHR. I am able to figure out who is in and out of the office with ease. My staff love how fast it enables me to approve/deny the holiday requests as it gives all the information I need to make the decision, including automated emails to me and the other administrators. I love how I have been able to integrate this with my google calendar too. The reporting gives good information to so we can better tackle our staff who are off on long term sick etc. Would definitely recommend.
ProsI like how simple the software is to use and setup. Your business can be good to go in a matter of minutes. The UI looks good and is a very helpful tool to the organisation I work in. Gives me a good overview of who is off and for what reason that day!
ConsI don't like the permissions model. The reason I stated for a smaller company is because as you grow, it feels the permission model can become a bit more problematic if you want to be setting up complex permissions. E.g. Users able to see everyone off on holiday that day, even if not in your own team.

By HR Bakery on June 21, 2019
Dear Lee, It's so nice to see that you are actually using a variety of features and find them helpful :) I can assure you that there will be more permission models available in the future, we are working on it. I'll keep you posted on the progress. With thanks, Viktorija
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
June 10, 2019

“User friendly HR app - highly recommend!”

OverallOverall, an amazing experience. I did a bit of research as to what CakeHR can do, and when I approached the supporting team, they are very accommodating and patient in regards to the questions I have. Customer service is definitely one of the things that stood out to me, how responsive and helpful the team is - shout out to customer service who has been helping me along the way!
ProsHow easy it is to get a hang of using the app, which also makes it easier for us as a company to onboard members and encourage them to utilise the app accordingly. There are a lot of functions to play around, and I find 90% of the functions applicable to the company, and would be applicable to other companies too. Makes keeping track of employee's goals and tasks easier than ever, with notifications sent to certain individuals frequently yet not too much that they would consider it as spam.
ConsWish there could have more functions to track the personal development of employee(s), like having a roadmap or letting them see what is the next step for them to advance to.

By HR Bakery on June 14, 2019
Thanks a lot for such kind words, we really appreciate your feedback! If I understand you correctly, you are already using CakeHR Performance module. However, due to the reason that we are constantly updating our existing features, it would be great to arrange a quick call, to make sure you are getting the most out of your experience. Please get back to me, so we can agree on a time and date :) With thanks, Viktorija
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees
August 8, 2018

“Cake-hr for time-off management”

OverallIt's nice tool to solve a problem of availability visibility in the distributed team, easy to use.
Pros- easy UX and UI - convenient dashboard - ability to create different policies for various locations (if you have a distributed team it's fantastic) - integration with a google calendar & slack bot - custom actions to be done after a time-off request is provided - mobile app available
Cons- documents storage is not convenient for users and search - had few cases with support team when did not receive a reply in time - would be great to have a follow-up for managers if they do not approve/decline the request of their direct reports - request for few hours per day does not allow to give precise hours, simply [number] hours in the first/second part of the day. I would prefer specifying exact hours

By HR Bakery on August 20, 2018
Hi there, thank you for your feedback! :) I'm pleased to hear that you are enjoying your experience with CakeHR and I am sorry to hear that you felt our support team had't replied in a timely manner. I can ensure you that we are working hard on making sure every customer's needs are addressed with accuracy and efficiency, and we are constantly looking at the ways to improve our service, and your feedback is much appreciated. As it happens, our Document storage UI is being improved as we speak so if you have ideas how it would work better for you, please get in touch with us! Speaking of TO requests, there is a functionality to specify hours for part-day request, however it depends on permission settings defined by Admins at your company. I'd love to take our conversation further, so please do get in touch and we will find the answers! :)
August 8, 2018
Olga B.
Project Manager Assistant
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
August 7, 2018

“The Potential of the CakeHR”

OverallThe CakeHR, although with some issues, has quite the potential, especially if the developers continue improving and updating it. Not to mention that it is cheap in comparison to, for example, same BambooHR and it also fulfills pretty much all the needed options. I was pleasantly surprised with the customer support that I was provided while working with this software: if you have any questions or issues - the support team will always answer you within a day and try their best to adjust the software's settings to your liking and if you still have any further questions - they will arrange a meeting to help you solve the problem. The CakeHR is especially convenient for those companies that are functioning within one country. However, even if the company has several branches located in several countries it is still not a problem. Although it can be a bit confusing at first with all these access levels and settings that you will have to think about - with the right tags and teams you will manage it just fine.
ProsThe Cake is very convenient for employees in terms of usage: it is simple, understandable, and solves the problem with the time-off policies' usage tracking.
ConsThere were quite a few issues that weren't particularly to my liking; however, after mentioning them to the CakeHR support team - they were quickly fixed and changed in the way we wanted them to. Still, there is one thing that I think needs an improvement. As of now, when you want to upload the documents - you cannot filter/restrict them by location or the team. You can either upload it for everyone within the company to see it or upload it individually. As you might have already realized from that - if you want only one department or only one country's branch to see a certain document - you will have to upload it individually every time.

By HR Bakery on August 8, 2018
Hi Olga, thank you so much for taking time to submit your feedback. More options for documents share is due to be in production next week - so watch this space! :)
August 7, 2018
Edward M.
Head of People & Culture
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
June 18, 2019

“A solid option for a startup and SME”

OverallThis has been a great solution to managing the day to day HR ops. I also like that i feel that i am contributing to making this product better such is the interaction with the CakeHR team. I am starting to reach some scalability limits but this software is evolving and i wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a startup or SME.
ProsIt has all the standard features you need at a budget friendly cost and the customer support is responsive. The UI is intuitive, even for the employees who didn't really need any training to use it. I also like the G-Suite and Slack integration.
ConsIt needs more feature updates to have better functionality and scalability - the support team and community is pretty good at taking on requests and fixing bugs though.

By HR Bakery on June 25, 2019
Dear Edward, Thank you very much for your insightful review! Do not hesitate to share your ideas with us, your feedback really matters :) With thanks, Viktorija
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
June 25, 2019

“CakeHR review”

OverallThe best value for money, where HR processes get automated very quickly and user friendly.
ProsIt is very adjustable, features are updated each week with increasing functionality, accessible customer support, very friendly pricing.
ConsBugs. With such a speed in new releases it is almost inevitable that bugs pop up. New customer onboarding could be improved with clear guidelines. Knowledge base with instructions of use could be more informative. System could offer basic templates for all modules (survey, onboarding, offboarding etc)

By HR Bakery on June 27, 2019
Hello, We very much appreciate your feedback! I am sure you have also noticed how fast our developers fix a bug if one occurs :) As for the onboarding, I would be very grateful if you can contact me directly and share what can be improved, what information or steps you felt were missing during your onboarding process. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee that we will have templates for surveys available any time soon, due to the reason that different companies have different needs, therefore we try to keep all the features fully customizable. We are always giving as many examples as possible during the onboarding process, however, if you feel some additional information is needed, do not hesitate to contact us through the chatbox that is available on your desktop and app. What I can promise is that we will have our knowledge base updated any time soon, meanwhile, as I have already mentioned, please use the chatbox, we are always here and happy to help! With thanks, Viktorija
June 25, 2019
Julie W.
SVP

“Excellent Product!”

ProsManaging Time Off for multiple teams and multiple types of time off. Makes it very easy to see where everyone is without having to manage a company calendar. Easy to use on the go with the mobile app and emailing capabilities. Easy to accept someone's time off request within the email with just a click of a button. Absolutely love this tool for our team's time off.
ConsCan't set the admin to send me just my team's requests, so I get a lot of emails for our whole company. very hard to edit time off requests. Don't like that after it's approved, it's hard for the user to go in and change their request and be assured it's logged correctly.

By HR Bakery on June 21, 2019
Dear Julie, It's so exciting to see that you are enjoying both, our software, as well as the app! :) It's so important to have the ability to manage work-related tasks on the go, right? I'll contact you directly, so we can go through the permissions and time-off settings to arrange them in the way it works best for you! With thanks, Viktorija
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
July 4, 2019

“Solid HR Management Tool”

OverallHave really loved using this across a distributed team while still giving us the feeling of being connected, cohesive, and consistent across the board.
ProsLoved using this for onboarding as it made the process seamless, especially with the app. The perfect option for growing teams who want a consistent employee experience across the board (form onboarding, to reviews, benefits, etc.) it all lives in one place and makes it so easy to access.
ConsThe only thing that would be nice to change is the ability to be more specific with requesting an exact number of hours so you can be more specific with your request for time off.

By HR Bakery on July 15, 2019
Hello, We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience! I'd love to help you out with those additional specific fields that actually can be added to time-off policies, therefore please contact me directly or use a Chatbot in the right bottom of the CakeHR screen. I look forward to hearing from you :) With thanks, Viktorija
Anna M.
HR Lead
June 11, 2019

“Nice service for a 20-50+ company”

ProsUX, simplicity of usage, nice colors, great customer support.
ConsBefore we got The Unlimited Vacation Policy I always had an issue with correct days counting.

By HR Bakery on June 20, 2019
Dear Anna, We are glad to hear that overall you are happy with your CakeHR experience. Just to remind you that whenever you are facing an issue or feel uncertain about any of the features, do not hesitate to address our team through chat box that's available both on your dashboard and your app. You will be contacted asap with a provided solution :) I'll get back to you to make sure you are all set! With thanks, Viktorija
Sarah S.
Operations Coordinator

“Piece of Cake!”

OverallRecently, we became aware that CakeHR offers time tracking. We had previously been using spreadsheets to keep track of hourly employees, which was at times difficult to use and run reporting on. Time tracking in CakeHR allowed us to make it easier for our hourly employees to clock in and out in a system that they were already familiar with, and the payroll reporting aspect is much easier as well.
ProsI love the ease of use CakeHR offers. It is very intuitive, easy to read (I love the appearance!) and easy to train new employees on. It is also very simple to use the CakeHR API to integrate with other software we use as an organization.
ConsI have no complaints with CakeHR. Everything is great!

By HR Bakery on June 13, 2019
Dear Sarah, Such comments makes us feel that we're moving in the right direction. :) We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience and please let us know if we can help in any way in the future. Thanks again! Viktorija
Anna J.
Director of Operations
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
July 4, 2019

“One of the quickest growing HR systems on the market”

OverallOnly second to one system, which is unaffordable for us. I look forward to seeing how this company develops. I recommend this system for any growing startup and SME.
ProsVery responsive team. Slack integration of the leave management is handy and updates in realtime Leave management is really good, I like that you can extra mandatory fields. We use this to track out of office staff, and remote working. It's also used to track time spent on their personal wellbeing. The app is handy, I know most of the staff use this instead of the web version. The org chart with collapsable levels and drag and drop changes is a very strong feature.
Consmost cons are just potential development and improvement as apposed to major flaws. Adding timesheets could be more streamlined, maybe a quick add from a calendar style overview would be nicer. Expense management - it would be great to be able to integrate with Xero.

By HR Bakery on July 16, 2019
Dear Anna, Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and suggestions. Let's hop on a call and discuss those in more details. I will be in touch with you :) With thanks, Viktorija
Angie K.
Director, HR and Talent Development
June 19, 2019

“Truly - a piece of cake!”

OverallGreat!
ProsSimple - user friendly where you can jump right in with little to no training necessary on most features
Consno sample templates or surveys for performance management to start using right away that can be edited/customized towards specific organization needs - would be great if there was a starting base to better understand how to use those features with best practices and samples showing ways to measure performance based on newer trends (OKRs, 360 evals, 1 to 1 meetings).

By HR Bakery on June 21, 2019
Dear Angie, Thank you very much for your positive review. We really appreciate you being a loyal client and helping to share the word about us. We provide only templates, as it is easier to adapt them according to one's specific needs. However, we are always trying to give as many examples as possible during the onboarding process. In case, some more inspiration required, do not hesitate to contact us through the chat box, we are always happy to help and share some tips and tricks. :) With thanks, Viktorija
Natasha M.
Office Administration Manager
Events Services, 11-50 employees
August 4, 2017

“Cake HR has removed the headache of having to keep track of each team member's time off requests. ”

OverallThe software nearly runs by itself - as long as each user is trained properly. This allows the Administrators to focus on other important tasks.
ProsI like the ability to create custom time-off fields for employees and being able to see everyone's future time-off requests for planning purposes. The "reporting" is very helpful for managers to use during our annual performance review process. Being able to color code the time-off fields makes the platform attractive on both desktop and mobile. I love being able to store HR-related documents for easy access. The entire platform has made our HR processes more efficient. LOVE, LOVE , LOVE!! :)
ConsAs an administrator/manager of the software, I find it difficult to navigate on my Android phone. I don't like being limited to this as I sometimes have to approve individual "time off" requests in the absence of the company President and when I am away from the office.

By HR Bakery on January 18, 2018
Natasha! Thanks! It sounds like you're all set to go! I hope our recent update to the mobile has benefited you in terms of user ability. We want to make sure that you are efficient even when on-the-go.
Madeleine H.
HR Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
June 11, 2019

“Great, easy to use tool”

OverallCakeHR makes it easy for us to save and document our time-offs, no matter if its vacation, sick days, business trips or home office days - finally everything is put in one place. Due to the great Slack integration, the chatbot informs us about absent employees every morning and makes it easy to plan our resources. Costumer support is amazing!
Pros- saves all our time-offs - overview above vacation and sickdays - reminder for birthdays and work anniversaries - Slack integration
Cons- a bit too less flexibility regarding time off policies (e.g. it would be great to have a policy where working students could enter when they are in the office, not out)

By HR Bakery on June 14, 2019
Dear Madeleine, Thank you so much for taking time to submit your review! I will get in touch with you, so we can go through policies and set them up in the way it works for your company. All our features are fully customizable, so I am sure we will find the way you get the most out of it :) With thanks, Viktorija
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

“UX is great!”

OverallCakeHR is a much better experience for our employees than other HR services we have used. We have gotten positive feedback about it from our team.
ProsReally appreciate the amount of effort they put into designing this app out. The visual experience is far superior to any other HR app I have used in the past.
ConsThere is additional functionality that can be hard to find, such as where to put documentation like the employee handbook. Also, I would like to see users be able to be grouped into multiple different teams or views.

By HR Bakery on June 12, 2019
Hello! I'm pleased to hear that you and your team are enjoying experience with CakeHR. I would love to have a further chat with you to review our document management feature, that is very handy in use. This feature gives you various possibilities to organize, store, as well as, notify employees on added documents, give specific permissions, so it's easier to keep a track. CakeHR also offers possibility to add as many teams as you like. Access to team's profiles, documents, reports, and much more can be set according to your needs. There is so many options we can offer you to make your work life easier, let's get in touch so I can give you a more insight! :) With thanks, Viktorija
Amanda L.
Operations Coordinator
November 2, 2016

“CakeHR make PTO sweet and simple”

OverallWorking with CakeHR has been a dream! There interface is incredibly user-friendly and makes managing our PTO policies a breeze. Managers love being able to accept/deny requests directly via the email notifications, and our employees love having quick access to submit time on the mobile app. CakeHR is well thought out and designed, but our company has a few needs that CAKE does not directly meet. However, their support team is absolutely tremendous! They respond very quickly despite the time zone difference, they are always asking and open to our requests for features, and they immediately jump on any issues we encounter and resolve them with flying colors! Finally, we love the integrations with other apps and our IT guys love being able to use their API to sync employee data to our internal company pages, simplifying PTO for our employees even more.
ProsCredit/debit of days Set auto increase of allotment based on employee hire date Documents Section to store all our onboarding/benefits info Being able to edit/enter time off that has occurred in the past
ConsWould like to see more detailed customization such as: View my PTO balance as days remaining for year vs. days accrued thus far For PTO less than a full day, it would be nice to enter the exact time the employee wiht be out of the office. More control over notifications for Admin level users.

By HR Bakery on January 18, 2018
Hi Amanda! Many thanks for your honest review :) We're about to release an employee Scheduling feature that will allow all employees to see full attendance lists of employees. I'll make sure your introduced and set up for this module!
November 2, 2016
Rachel A.
Team Lead
October 30, 2015

“Impressive, no fuss, tidy little package.”

OverallI've been trailing CakeHR for two days. Below is my experience so far. What I really love: 1. In the cloud. We're a cloud based company ourselves so this is a massive plus for me. 2. Nice friendly UI. Easy on the eye, logical flow, nice modals, profile pictures for team members. 3. Can add additional Time-Off Policies other than Holiday & Sickday. 4. Can add Public Holidays that don't count as team holidays taken. 5. Can add Black Out days where no one can book holidays on certain dates. 6. Ability to hide certain tabs from team members like Benefits, Documents, Emergency etc. 7. Can hide calendar from other team members so they can't see who's on holiday etc. 8. Can add categories to Documents. 9. Lots of reporting! Bradford Factor & Employee Growth is a nice touch. 10. Can create teams, support team, dev team etc. 11. Ability for team member to log in and submit holiday requests. This isn't something I've enabled yet as I'm still trying out CakeHR however I can definitely see the benefits of this - less emails & notes! I'm not calling this list 'Cons' as I don't have any cons. The below points are suggestions: 1. I had to add each Black Out day individually. We have a 6 week period where no one can take holidays. Would be nice to have a start and end date ability here. 2. An app. How cool would it be to have a CakeHR app that you can approve/decline requests on the spot & see who's available on your team that day. I know I'd use it! Android of course ;) I really love CakeHR's approach to time off management and would recommend to anyone with no hesitation.

By HR Bakery on February 1, 2016
Hi Rachel! What an intense two days of trialling you had! The feedback is awesome and you know that we have been able to address your "nice to have" list at the bottom. It is feedback like this this really... feeds us! We have the Android app releases imminently! I will let you and VSware have first-look at the app!
October 30, 2015
Will B.
Sr Software Developer
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
May 30, 2019

“Great PTO Scheduling & Tracking”

OverallBeing able to submit a request for time off easily from my phone through the app, have it notify the correct people within our organization to give approval, and then notifying me when the approval is made has greatly simplified PTO tracking for me. I can easily how much time I've used, how much I have left, and view a calendar with my scheduled time off as well as others within my team. CakeHR has many other features that I don't personally use but could see being very useful to others.
ProsCakeHR lets me to submit requests for vacations, be notified when they're approved, as well as see when others on my team will be out making it easier to plan for time off.
ConsThe web interface was a little messy but they've mostly fixed this now and cleaned it up. I usually use the mobile app anyway which has always had a clean interface.

By HR Bakery on June 12, 2019
Dear Will, Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback with us. We are happy to hear that CakeHR makes your daily routine a little bit easier. Just wanted to point out that there is possibility to organize your dashboard, enable/disable or customize some of the fields the way it addresses your needs. I would love to schedule a quick call to discuss some hints & tips - let's stay in touch :) Best regards, Viktorija
May 30, 2019
Gary S.
HR Director
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
January 27, 2019

“User friendly and easy to use.”

OverallCake handles the things we use it for well. Tracking holidays, managing certain manually entered HR processes, but it lacks a lot of functionality which would be needed by an HR system.
ProsWell presented and easy to use for admin and for users.
ConsStill Missing features I would like to see from an HR control package

By HR Bakery on February 8, 2019
Hi Gary, Thank you for your feedback! :) I know that you have been in touch with our team before about various functions and features that you would like to use for your People Management, and I think we should get on a call to touch-base on our latest enhancements as I believe you will find them very useful and handy! I'll be in touch with you directly to arrange a call. Thanks Ilona
January 27, 2019
January 18, 2019

“Nice but too young yet :) ”

OverallCould be a good choice, but functionality has to be improved
ProsUser friendly Flexible (at least in concept)
ConsNo recruitment module Not enough fields in recipes (I am pretty sure that it is possible to let user to use much more variables and logic operators (jumps, triggers) and play with boolean search and complex logic). No calendar of upcoming appraisals for all the company, which could be useful for HR service to plan the load (I mean, standard calendar table view for the whole year) No recurrence (you should duplicate the same task manually, instead of setting of recurrence 'once per every 6/12/18 months etc") When you change initial task itself, the workflow which includes this task, still contains not updated version. As for me, if any component has been changed, it should be relevantly changed in any more complicated structures which contain that 'brick', instead of manual searching where this component could be used and further manual changing.

By HR Bakery on January 22, 2019
Hi there, thanks so much for leaving a detailed feedback - this allows us to constantly review our product and improve! :) As it happens, we are about to release our new shiny Recruitment module! You are very welcome to test it out in the beta version - please get in touch with me directly and we'll set it up. We are also constantly adding more Recipe variables, and there are to meet our customers' demands. If there is anything in particular that you think should be added to the Recipes, please get in touch. With onboarding tasks, it has to be looked at each case specifically as one scenario will not fit all and therefore cannot be applied automatically. I would love to go through these points with as you directly I can see some very good ideas there. Please write to me :) Thank you Ilona
January 18, 2019
Sarah W.
V/P of Operations
Wholesale, 11-50 employees

“So easy”

OverallWe track holidays by anniversary date. Before CakeHR it was a daunting task to keep track of everyone's entitled time. Now we don't have to worry at all.
ProsThis software is easy to learn, easy to use and great for tracking holidays, sick time, appointments, training etc..
ConsTime off per individual should be the first page or we should be able to customize our views.

By HR Bakery on June 21, 2019
Dear Sarah, I very much appreciate your feedback :) It's actually possible to customize your dashboard, add or delete information blocks based on your preference and needs. I'll contact you directly and will show you how it's done! With thanks, Viktorija
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees

“Easy ”

OverallI love the attitude and easy way of working with Cake HR! attitude, customer oriented mindset and ability to look on us as unique client , to listen to needs and respond ... My experience is really great! and even if there is missing some functionality - cake hr is seraching for the ways to improve it.
ProsCake HR helps to fix the basics, to have a structure for people management matters. Excellent soft, have helped a lot in case where we needed to start from scratch and move from excel to something more up to date in HR .
Conssome functionality is missing what I have experienced with global providers. example - access rights, management between different companies if on holding.

By HR Bakery on June 14, 2019
Thank you for you review and pointing out those things! We are already working on mentioned features, most actually already done! If you want to know current status please contact us and we would be happy to give you more details and arrange some demo call :) With thanks, Viktorija
Liz W.
August 15, 2017

“Cake HR is a very handy tool”

ProsShows how much holiday allowance is left in a straight forward manner. Very user friendly and simple to navigate around the site.
ConsThe price went up recently which isn't ideal as we're not getting more for our money. Probably could offer more things on the site.

By HR Bakery on January 18, 2018
Hi Liz I hear your concerns about the price going up but without any new features. The pricing increase was our first in 6 years - since CakeHR began. "plans" became legacy and we made the cost much more easier to manage. The problem with the plans was that you would essentially pay double for a new hire that would take you from Plus to Premium, for example. That being said, this year, we're releasing the following: Timesheets & Scheduling Performance & Appraisal management Expenses Training Applicant Tracking All of the above whilst we are also improving on the current features! 2018 is going to be a hot year! If you want to talk about the pricing more personally, I'm more than happy to make arrangements for that and make sure you value CakeHR and your company correctly.
August 15, 2017
Mohammad I.
Retail, 11-50 employees
August 20, 2017

“Fantastic easy to use leave management software.”

OverallOur previous leave management was managed using spreadsheets and this has made things a lot easier.
ProsVery easy for staff to be able to request time off and for managers to approve these requests. The interface is laid out well and is very easy to use for both management and staff alike.
ConsThe app has limited functionality, there is no option to facilitate scheduling and rotas for staff members, it is not possible to define different hours on a weekend (each day worked is assumed to be the same number of hours). There has also been an issue that i believe remained unfixed where the annual leave year commences on the same day as a public holiday. It throws the whole system off.

By HR Bakery on January 18, 2018
Hi Mohamed, We've wanted to impress you for a long time and I know it has been a long time coming but our developers have been working hard and we¿e finally ready to show you our full-blown Scheduling module for CakeHR. I'll set up a call to take you through the product and you can then schedule your staff with ease!
August 20, 2017
Teona B.
HR Director
Investment Management, 11-50 employees

“HR Module”

Overallit's comfortable in use comparing with our previous HR portal, but definitely it's not tailor-made for customers and our contact person in support team is negligent and not professional
Prosit's easy to use. has nice interface. n/a
Cons1. unfortunately phone application it's not comfortable for managers. Computer version is more friendly than mobile app 2. support team does not support in professional and western manner, couple of times they didn't answer my e-mails and removed me from correspondence and contacted my IT manager instead, when the issues were very specific related to HR and couldn't be answered by IT alone 3. Presence monitoring is not relevant. If employee takes first half of the day as an annual leave, you see it all day long (i.e. it doesn't disappear in the second part of the day and information is so long that you should scroll down a lot to see all staff leave data) , if employee adds second part of the day as annual leave it shows employee's data twice on bar. same goes with all type of leaves. If employee is late, it shows whole day long, why? what't the value? My IT contacted support team as they don't answer me and he said that it's like this though illogical. 4. Support team uploaded staff info provided by me, and they didn't even check that some data were missing i.e. personal information of employees were missing and they didn't double-check if every box was filled or missing something

By HR Bakery on June 13, 2019
Dear Teona, Our entire team apologizes that our service did not satisfy your expectations. We set a high standards for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that those standards were not met in your interaction with our business. CakeHR team love helping clients and I am sure we did not intend to make you feel left out by contacting your colleague instead. We will internally investigate this situation to make sure those misunderstandings does not happen again. I will contact you directly to determine how we can provide you with a solution that will make you smile :) Let's get on a call and address this asap, we value your business. Thanks so much for letting us know! Viktorija Customer Success @ CakeHR
Nicole S.
Business Manager
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
June 10, 2019

“Easy to set up and run ”

OverallAlthough we are only a small company, we were trying to manually record our employees' holiday and sick leave as well as days in lieu, but found that we were losing track of vital information. CakeHR lets us keep all this information in an organised way, and lets our employees also keep track of their accrued allowances, as well as requesting leave in a more formal and organised manner.
ProsI really liked the choice of price points, depending on the needs of your business. The user interface is also intuitive, and the calendar integrates well with Outlook.
ConsThe trial version didn't have New Zealand public holidays automatically included, so I had to add these manually.

By HR Bakery on June 14, 2019
Dear Nicole, I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience with CakeHR! There are a lot of features we keep updating on a weekly basis and, probably thanks to you, now we have possibility to import also public holidays of New Zealand. So now, for certain, you can refer us to your New Zealand friends and colleagues, we are all set :) With thanks, Viktorija
January 30, 2018

“CakeHR has provided me with an excellent balance between feature and cost.”

OverallAs a small business and only two (2) employees I was able to find a cost-effective solution for managing my employees.
ProsIt fulfils the critical requirements for managing Human Resource meaning a means for storing employee information , onboarding and offboarding features, time off management and a neat asset tracking module for assigning specific assets to employees.
ConsWell the software does not have an attendance tracking feature, however I understand that this feature is in the pipeline.
January 30, 2018
David B.
Internet, 51-200 employees
January 25, 2017

“Great tool to strength you company culture”

OverallAn important part of our work culture is flexibility. Cake HR has helped us manage our time off, work from abroad, work from home, and sick days policies in a very easy way, without taking time from managers, and giving transparency inside the company.
ProsEasy to setup. Even gives you an organizational chart as you add everyone with their reporting lines. Integrates with Google Apps. Easy approval of time-off requests with one click from email. Dedicated customer support.
ConsSome of our policies were a bit tricky to setup (non US nor European company).

By HR Bakery on January 18, 2018
We love working with you, David! Policies can be a tricky thing when you have employees in other countries but I'm really glad that we get you set up and making the most out of CakeHR for years!
January 25, 2017
Andrea S.
Education Management, 11-50 employees
June 18, 2019

“CakeHR works for Early Education”

OverallThis has created a smooth way to communicate with staff about their work/life balance and we use it for both 8 hr day shifts and 10 hr days too.
ProsI like that my staff can see who else is requesting time off, so they can work as a team. Our workspace requires that no more than 1 person can be off at one time (due to ratio) so this feature is great. The customer service is outstanding and fast! Love the chat room.
ConsThat when a new staff joins, the future black out days need to be "re-checked" for the new employees and this can lead to mistakes/misunderstandings since the code "blackout" wont' read correctly for them.

By HR Bakery on June 21, 2019
Dear Andrea, Great to know that CakeHR made it easier to focus on work-life balance, something very encouraging to hear :) I'll look into this matter and will get back to you with a solution as soon as possible. With thanks, Viktorija
Robert H.
June 10, 2019

“Cake HR - Solid Technology”

ProsIts simple, does what it says it will do. Personally I like how it syncs with the calendar.
ConsI took a week off during easter. We have down on it a company day on Good Friday and Bank Holiday on the Monday. Both days were taken from Annual leave.

By HR Bakery on June 14, 2019
Dear Robert, Thank you very much for reaching out! I'll contact you directly, to go through Leave management once again, as mentioned issue can be resolved, a few clicks is all it takes :) With thanks, Viktorija
Nereida B.
ANALISTA CONTABLE
April 30, 2018

“Management of employee permits and other human resources tasks.”

OverallA big problem that I have been able to solve with CakeHR is that I receive email notifications of employees' free time requests and approve or reject them by the same email. This has made things easier for me.
ProsWhat I like most when using CakeHR is the ease of registration and access; the function "history of changes made" to facilitate the tracking of changes in the data is very good; and when generating reports with a single click is wonderful.
ConsA big disadvantage of CakeHR is that it integrates with payroll systems, but not with benefit portals or learning management systems. We are waiting for you to integrate all this.
April 30, 2018
Alina S.
August 16, 2017

“CakeHR is pleasant and hopefully it will be developed further. ”

OverallToDo -lists and deadlines (e.g. Onboarding and offboarding activities are now under control.) Directories and archives (e.g. company assets and documentation)
ProsI like especially the look and feel of the software and that it works quite intuitively. Also, the dashboards are great.
ConsIt would be great if one could configurate it a little bit more. For example the holiday practices. And the user rights, e.g. so that all users could see each others' work contact details. Also, it would be great to have a personal training section for each member of the personnel.

By HR Bakery on January 18, 2018
Thanks, Alina! We're currently building a training section of CakeHR so you can keep track of certificates, documents and much more year on year! Using the Android or iOS mobile app for CakeHR, your employees can view the company's directory along with employee work contact information.
August 16, 2017
Rodrigo D.
COO
Retail, 11-50 employees
November 16, 2016

“An HR "silver bullet" ”

OverallWe turned to CakeHR when we got to 9 employees. Until then we were tracking MyShowcase on a clumsy spreadsheet that was always wrong. From one day to the other everything was easy and clear. We've kept on using CakeHR. We now have 27 employees. Never have we done any training. CakeHR is super easy to use, new employees seamlessly get on with it. I strongly recommend it for any small to medium sized company.
ProsEase of use Feature set fully meets our needs
Consnone

By HR Bakery on January 18, 2018
Thank you, Rodrigo! CakeHR is perfect for the scaling and growing company. I'm really proud that we hit it off with your employees.
November 16, 2016
Matt S.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
July 2, 2019

“Simple, easy to use HR software”

OverallResponsive to concerns, no reliability issues
ProsOur team uses it to manage our paid time off and remote working policies. It's super simple and easy to use and very cost effective.
ConsThe way it is set up is probably designed for larger teams and takes a bit of effort in order to see everyone's calender as opposed to only the individuals on your 'team'

By HR Bakery on July 15, 2019
Dear Matt, Thank you very much for your feedback! We suggest using also our CakeHR app, that will help you to manage time-off policies much easier and it's more convenient when you are on the go :) With thanks, Viktorija
July 2, 2019
Dominik H.
VP Delivery

“Review”

ProsEasy set-up of policies Flexible recipes Good integration to Slack
ConsNo option the save configurations for reports! Really needed! Automated reporting cannot be configured in detail and custom reports cannot have their parameters saved. Org chart is not flexible enough, only based on the direct managing lines. Hard to reflect the administration structure of approvals in it. Also need urgently an option

By HR Bakery on June 14, 2019
Dear Dominik, Thank you for pointing out those things! We are already working on mentioned features, let's take our conversation further and I'll give you more details! :) With thanks, Viktorija
Jahana U.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
August 3, 2017

“Great for our agency of 25 people.”

OverallTotal organization of our company's tasks and projects.
ProsThe dashboard is my favorite feature. After about a year I have the perfect system set up to control all my own tasks while managing and overseeing everyone's tasks in the company. Timesheets are also great.
ConsCreating recurring tasks can be tedious. Support helped me figure out a way to duplicate entire projects, but then making changes don't apply across the board. If there was more ease of use, Wrike would be perfect.

By HR Bakery on January 18, 2018
Hi Jahana, It sounds like you've reviewed Wrike but not CakeHR :D Not to worry, I'm going to set up a call and make sure you're happy with our solution!
Nikolay A.
COO
August 3, 2017

“Good and very intuitive tool. Some country features are missing. ”

ProsIntuitive tool. Employees like it . Good management workflow. Good ability to manage approves via emails.
ConsWe still need to support two tools. We count vacation from start day of the employee, but CakeHR count vacation days from the physical year

By HR Bakery on January 18, 2018
Hey Nikolay I'm going to set up a call to make sure your policies are set up correctly. It seems you have missed one important feature in policy settings so I'll spend some time with you to make sure it is correct.
Gambling & Casinos, 201-500 employees
July 18, 2019

“Cake HR - it's how you manage and track your people!!”

OverallGood experience using the app but used it only during requesting for tine off, holidays, or onboarding employees with meetings and catch ups, the app is too segregated from all the other apps and software that are used in the company, except the linking with slack. That's the good part,
ProsIt's easy to use, and has all the info of people in the organization. The names, job description, if the employee is in or out, and/or on holiday. You can set up meetings and schedule on boarding of employees in your department. Request for days off through the app, and set goals and tasks for yourself and other employees. You can also send support and vote for people that contribute most in your organization, or give credit to others that help a lot. Selecting your absence policy and time of absence is also great
ConsDoes not have enough features to get users engaged on a daily basis. Needs that extra functionality and features to get the users more engaged,

By HR Bakery on July 23, 2019
Hello :) Thanks so much very helpful and insightful feedback! I would be very grateful if you can contact me and share your observations and thoughts on extra functionality and features that, in your mind, will make your company employees more engaged and eager to use CakeHR on a daily basis. I am very much looking forward to hearing from you any time soon! With thanks, Viktorija
July 18, 2019
Nick M.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, Self-employed
December 14, 2018

“Human Resource As Sweet As Can Be”

OverallCakeHR is a great way for small companies to feel like they have the presence of a HR department. Although it doesn't replicate all the services it makes sharing information, organizing time off, and more easy for anyone to do. As someone who used it as an employee of a company, it made putting in time off requests easy and the customer support was fantastic the few times I needed to reach out.
ProsCakeHR is a system I've had to use as an employee. Being forced into a system can often be intimidating and confusing. Using it as an employee has given me the confidence I would need to use it as an administrator if I ever wanted to. The accrual system is fair and responsive and the scheduling and permissions of other users allows everyone to be in sync. For instance, I can see when my co-worker is planning Christmas vacation so I can ensure I'm not taking the same days.
ConsThe only con I can really think of is for United State businesses is that the company is in the United Kingdom. This can cause time zones to kind of be wacky in certain circumstances but they've been providing more and more support in that regard in recent updates and company based decisions.
December 14, 2018
Banking, 10,001+ employees
September 20, 2018

“WELL-ORGANIZED; EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN ONE, ORGANIZED PLACE”

ProsI am astonished on how well-organized this software is. The feedback feature allowed our team to determine employees' rates. Scheduling and Time Tracking features are punctual. It is easy to use. As a Human Resource Specialist, this software has removed almost half of the paperwork and stored it in one place.
ConsUndertime and overtime tracking is not a feature of CakeHR, we use a different software for that. It would be a great update in the future since it is one of the most needed time tracking option for most companies.
September 20, 2018
Mark T.
Media Production, 11-50 employees
January 20, 2017

“An invaluable tool for our business!”

OverallCakeHR allows us to ensure that our staff make the most of their holiday entitlement, track their achievement and manage to run a progressive, agile company without the need for a dedicated HR member of staff.
ProsEasy to use, great to navigate.
ConsHistorical data is more manual to access than current data.

By HR Bakery on January 23, 2017
Hey Mark, Thanks for the feedback! We're going to be enhancing how CakeHR reports on historical data very shortly :) It will be a breeze to get those end of year reports that were missed off!
January 20, 2017
Denee B.
Program Director
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees
June 19, 2019

“CakeHR use for non-profit organization”

OverallIt is tracking leave for 40+ employees at our non-profit organization.
ProsCakeHR is easy to use, with little to no training necessary. It is accessible online, through app, email, etc. It keeps a detailed track of leave.
ConsI have not found any cons at this point.

By HR Bakery on June 25, 2019
Dear Denee, We are very glad to receive your review, it's nice to hear you are happy with your experience :) With thanks, Viktorija
Faïz D.
People Happiness Support
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
August 6, 2018

“It's a good tool !”

OverallAs I said Cake help us a lot to register holidays, goals, 1o1 ... of our employees. The only improvement area would be the availability of help when needed
ProsIt's definitely a good tool ! It has a lot of functionalities.
ConsUnfortunately, the customer relation is not that good as the tool itself. When I required help, I didn't receive a quick answer.

By HR Bakery on August 20, 2018
Hi Faiz, thank you for your feedback! :) I'm pleased to hear that you are enjoying your experience with CakeHR so far and I am sorry to hear that you felt our support team had't replied in a timely manner. I can ensure you that we are working hard on making sure every customer's needs are addressed with accuracy and efficiency, and we are constantly looking at the ways to improve our service, and your feedback is much appreciated :)
August 6, 2018
Education Management, Unspecified
August 5, 2015

“Cake HR”

OverallCake HR has been a huge help streamilining the PTO system at our preschool. We have around 17 teachers and the transparency of who is off and when they are off, makes my jobs easier. Teachers can see what dates are available and what are not, so I don't always have to be the bad guy!
ProsI really like the calendar and the upcoming two weeks schedule. I am in charge of scheduling employees and I try to do the schedule in two week clips, so it is an easy way to see who is off. I also appreciate that keeps a record of people's use of PTO. So I can look back over the past year and see the dates and reasons people have taken off.
ConsIt would be helpful to get reminders when people are close to having used all of their PTO, instead of having to through each employee and check. I would like to be able to set an automatic "roll over" to the next year, since we allow three days to roll over.

By HR Bakery on August 5, 2015
Thank you! Great points. One main feature we will be rolling out within weeks is a customisable alert system that you can make to your requirements. Great idea to use it for tracking PTO usage. We already have the ability to carry over dates from the previous period or year. Email lee@cake.hr and he shall set that up for you!
August 5, 2015
Afshan A.
HR
July 4, 2019

“Cake HR is a excellent software ”

OverallTracking of holidays is quite convenient and easy.
ProsTracking of holidays is quite convenient and easy.
ConsThe software can be improved further for importing data which gives yearly details of the holidays taken by employees.

By HR Bakery on July 25, 2019
Dear Afshan, Thank you so much for your review! We actually already have a possibility to generate a report and review yearly data on time-offs taken by each employee from each policy. Let's get in touch, so I can show you where to find it and we can have a further discussion whether there is still something that can be improved :) With thanks, Viktorija
EBIN E.
Founder & CEO
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
March 30, 2019

“One of the best HR management solution on the market”

OverallWe can now manage our employee details in a single click and though a dedicated mobile app.
ProsCake HR is the best tool to manage the employees and their day to day data. We use Cake HR to get employee attendance and to have their pay slips ready at the time of salary dispersal. HR application that has all the needy features can be seen only on Cake HR. The most impressive feature we have seen and used is the automatic salary form generation so that we don't want to manually create the salary form to be filled by the employee.
ConsThe salary slip generation is a bit slow and takes a lot of time on mobile app, please have a look on it.
March 30, 2019