OptiTune Ratings

Overall

About OptiTune

OptiTune is a cloud based solution that lets you manage the PCs in your organization. Deploy apps, install updates, check for malware, view performance data, and perform a complete hardware and software inventory with OptiTune. You can also provide remote assistance to end users through OptiTune's built in Remote Assistance feature. It's free for your first year (for up to 10 computers), and only $3/computer per month otherwise. Learn more about OptiTune

Ricky R.
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
December 19, 2017

“Awesome, great, and totally happy!”

OverallI can support my customers without a lot of extra work. I know usually that a machine has went offline before they do. It allows me not only to support them but be proactive.
ProsI like the fact that it is so affordable and that it just flat out works. The customer support has been great along with top notch product. I can monitor workstations and servers in real time and get alerts when something is not available. I also love the fact that I have the little local support agent to give them a place to let me know what machine they are on and what link and page I have available to them.
ConsThe lacking part of the software is the remote control agent on our side. I wish that it would snap the screen to fit my screen so that there were no scroll bars. I also would like to see copy and paste from my machine the remotely controlled machine. The ability to have keypresses such as the windows key and other keys as well.
Scott W.
Prinicpal Consultant
December 19, 2017

“Switching to OptiTune from a competing product has been great for my customers and business.”

OverallTime savings, cost savings and operational efficiency.
ProsThe customization capability through OptiTune is perfect for my business. As a small MSP, flexibility of the solutions we deploy and the ability to customize them to fit our needs and allow us to deliver better service to our customers is critical, and doing it cost effectively is always a priority. The features that benefit us the most are reporting and notifications as well as deploying customized operations. Being notified, reliably, of issues in our customer environments ensures we're able to keep our customers happy, regularly addressing issues before it affects customer operations. The flexibility OptiTune offers to deploy custom tasks has taken several tasks that were previously done manually, or without any monitoring, and made it so they can be both automated and monitored.
ConsWhile there's not much to not like, it would be ideal if the mobile capabilities were better suited for a highly mobile administrator, and mobile remote access was offered. Additionally, better grouping throughout the user interface would better help us manage and locate a specific asset quickly.
Hillary M.
IT OFFICER
Banking, 51-200 employees
December 20, 2017

“This software makes managing the network easy and fast”

OverallThe pro-active way to managing the domain. We also could know who else is using what software on the company machines and deal with them appropriately
ProsThe remote control functionality as well as its pro-activity. it used to advise me of PCs with threats and those yet to update well on time.
ConsThe system could not suggest sites where to download specific drivers identified as needed from. It could simply identify the needed driver but could not offer where i could get it from.
Tavis C.
System Administrator
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
December 19, 2017

“I switched from Windows Intune to OptiTune, primarily for the features to price ratio. I love it!”

ProsI like that OptiTune is basically a central database of all hardware, software, and location of your monitored computers. I also use it to alert me when a server goes offline, updates fail to install, a detected infection or attempted malware infection, etc.
ConsThe alerting can be a little challenging to setup for a newbie. Sometimes alerts are inaccurate - such as occasionally I have offline alerts for servers that are still online. This may be a bad route or something to the monitored server, however.
Russell T.
December 21, 2017

“Overall a great product with some needed tweaks”

OverallSimple setup and deployment make it easy to sell and profit.
ProsOpti Tune is an easy set up and simple install on the customers machines. The dashboard is well laid out, and easy to read. SMS notifications when there is a problem is a nice feature.
ConsLack of simple and scheduled reporting. There is an option to export data to either CSV or XML, but I want simple formatted reports that can automatically be sent to clients each month. The remote agent needs work so that it will automatically scale to my screen so there is no scrolling back & forth to see the entire client screen.
December 21, 2017
Claus J.
Administrator
Textiles, 11-50 employees
December 20, 2017

“I have been very pleased with the product, it has worked all the time”

OverallI have used it in the company's first year, but is now switching to Desktop Cental 10, as it's free up to 25 computers. That it's free for up to 10 computers, without a physical server and that single licenses do not cost quite a lot, was the reason why I chose Optitune. So the benefits were, saving time and money...........
ProsThe price and that I could control all my devices from one location. See the status of health. Centrally manage updates. Buying multiple licenses is easy. Users can easily ask for support.
ConsEndpoint protection does not support Avast. The lack of Prepackaged Tasks. Windows 10 APP administration.
Steffan L.
December 19, 2017

“Great RMM agent that is easy to use & effective”

ProsBest bang for the buck!! No minimum amount of agents required. No monthly "web management" fee. Can pay monthly and not locked into a contract. Is HIPAA compliant. Can use two-factor authentication. Go here and look at column "L": https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JdoFZup24bGueP1L7pFKToiGfOsDdkaJAJUGS9B3nLk/edit#gid=1326170256 Compared to the rest, Optitune is the best bang for the buck!!
ConsWeb management interface is not as sleek as its competitors. But compared to the price you will pay for others, it was easy to look past.
Normandie P.
Consultant
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
December 20, 2017

“I love your product it's great”

OverallSoftware is right for the money, kept me personalized to my clients and keeps me connected in case I have to give them support. I enjoyed the software and looking forward on the new tweaks and tools in the future.
ProsThe personalized desktop icon and the cool seamless feature for getting connected with client. Had no problems with the software and it did what it was capable of doing. Was to help me create a link to clients.
ConsI wanted something for easier deployment and distribution when I install the probe to a client. Don't want to go back to add features. There are a lot of improvements that can be done and will keep this software on my mind to review later on again.
Brian F.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees

“Straightforward, responsive support”

OverallFaster user support without needing to travel to troubleshoot their issue on site.
ProsEasy to understand state of all managed PC's at a glance. Feature rich tool with fantastic developer support for adding new features or troubleshooting issues. I especially like the remote desktop support and remote command line for remotely debugging issues on PCs.
ConsLooks best on a reasonably large monitor, otherwise you have to scroll left-right to see edge of some graphs.
Branislav B.
CTO
Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees
December 29, 2017

“Does the basic jobs very nicely ”

ProsThe price is right. User friendly user web interface. Light pc agent without dependencies. Good security model.
ConsLimited to native WMI functionality and Windows base features. Limited integrations and advanced features. Single platform.
December 29, 2017
December 30, 2017

“It was a decent program for the trial”

ProsThe life raft icon was cool. I also like the unattended access features. The interface was decently easy to maneuver.
ConsThe trial was ok but I wished it was really free for a small amount of machines. It seemed like I was being baited to buy the product.
Guy W.
I.T. Consultant, Marketing Consultant, Business Systems Analyst
January 8, 2018

“Great product!”

Overallreduced time, increased profit margins. It does exactly as advertised and I am very pleased with it.
ProsCan automate nearly anything Great monitoring service Access the dashboard from anywhere Amazing price
January 8, 2018
Leo H.
December 19, 2017

“A pretty decent experience”

ProsIt had a lot of features right out of the box. Anything from remote uninstall to startup management...it was there. The remote command prompt access was a biggie and scripting is set up pretty good.
ConsNo integrations or plugins. No PSA Patch Management needs a little work as far as the interface and reporting.
Jeff T.
Owner/President
December 19, 2017

“I could never get a hold of customer support. Very limited patch management options”

ProsInexpensive. Lots of areas useful. Easy to manage groups. Nice to have RMA and CMM all in one package.
ConsNot user friendly or reliable. I would setup perimeters for patch management but half the time they would not push on schedule. The only option for antivirus management was Microsoft Essentials, no other options available. Sometimes remote management would work and sometimes it would not. Very unreliable product.