Spoonfed Ratings

Overall

About Spoonfed

Spoonfed is designed to make your drop-off catering business work better, while making your life easier. By automating processes and the transfer of information, Spoonfed will help you exceed customers' expectations and give you more time to focus on growing your business. With modules covering customer online ordering, back office order management, production lists, delivery planning, invoicing, menu creation, reporting and e-marketing, Spoonfed makes drop-off catering simple and efficient. Learn more about Spoonfed

Tony L.
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
August 28, 2019

“Longtime Customer Very Satisfied”

OverallOverall the best system that I have found that covers most of our very complicated business types.
ProsYes we are very please with Spoonfed and their product and customer service. We have been with them now over 3 years and after trying numerous different systems we have landed on the one that is able to handle most of what we do. We have an extensive menu over 500 menu items with several different types of services from Wholesale, Normal Drop Off and Full Service Catering to Custom events. Their system has been for us the best at handling all the different areas that were points of pain for us over the years. When we started with them they were primarily a Quick Serve and did not have any or many Catering, so it has been a process for both of us to build the system that meets our needs and the TEAM have been very accommodating to our needs and wants. If I can answer any other questions please feel free to give me a call.
ConsThe only thing that is on the hit list for us is their ability to handle a Third Party order and allocating the Fee (Negative) within the accounting process. There has been workarounds but not seamless at this time but is in the process.
August 28, 2019
Martin F.
Managing Director
Food Production, 11-50 employees
March 13, 2017

“This software is a must have for any Buffet Company.”

OverallI took over a business a while ago and they were using a manual method of buffet ordering and I decided I wanted to have an online ordering tool. I searched online and found spoonfed. The process of adding the my menu's was simple ( they did it for me) and since adding the portal on to my website have seen my buffets sales triple in the space of a few months. The order process for customers is easy and the functionality for me is great. This has also made the order process more accurate with very few mistakes and saves me at least a day a week of admin . The software is great and the company is constantly improving the system and whenever I have an issue nothing is too much trouble however minor. I cannot recommend this software enough, if you have this sort of a business then this software is just a must.
ProsIts ease of use for customers and me. How accurate it makes the whole order process.
ConsI need to have seperate software to manage customers payments on account.
Recommendations to other buyersUse it as soon as you can , it is easy to use and will benefit your business in many ways including saving immense amounts of time and increasing your sales at the same time.
Mark R.
Head of IT
Hospitality, 1001-5000 employees
May 22, 2019

“Spoonfed”

OverallGreat, the team are motivated, energetic and very customer focused. The product is stable, has to date a 100% up time and is developing all the time.
ProsThe Spoonfed team operate a very close working relationship with their clients and this allows quick access to any issues or advice the customer needs. It has a very user friendly interface that makes ordering products simple and quick. We migrated our existing clients from one platform to Spoonfed with ease and with little negative feedback. The interface with Sage Pay allows ease of access to online transaction reporting which makes answering queries or reconciliation fast.
ConsNone, its a great product and I'm happy to put my name to any endorsement.
May 22, 2019
Kris D.
Business Owner
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
November 11, 2018

“Aiding my business to grow and develop”

OverallSpoonfed is great! Invoicing customers is fast and just a few clicks of a button- Great for managing multiple customer accounts. Setting up customers on the system is easy- you can do this yourself or they can sign up themselves. Spoonfed also looks professional- you can link their platform to your own website so customers have a seamless ordering experience. I recommend!
ProsThis software has helped the business save so much time to collate and organise customer orders. We moved from a paper based/ email system of managing customer orders to having a fully flexible system that we can adapt to our business needs. The Spoonfed team provide training upon sign up and also set up your menus so you are good to go and offer the service to your own customers.
ConsThe invoicing element saves so much time when billing customers however this can sometimes be clumsy and cumbersome if multiple persons ( from the same customer account ) place orders. You can sometimes have issues combining invoices as the system does not recognise orders from the same account.
November 11, 2018
Hannah B.
Deputy General Manager
Food & Beverages, 5001-10,000 employees

“Just what we needed”

OverallUsing spoonfed in my business has made a huge difference. It has reduced errors in customer billing, reduced admin time and led to higher customer satisfaction as we are making less mistakes with orders. Spoonfed has also put some responsibility back on the customer as they place their order directly, without us having to transfer the info over (leaving room for errors) as we had in the past. The team at spoonfed have been very helpful in developing the site to better suit our environment and are quick to reply to any queries. If I moved jobs to another company, unless they already had their own great hospitality admin system I would recommend implementation of spoonfed. Please note that the comments above are my personal opinion only.
ProsEasy to use Live information Ability to amend cut off dates and prohibit certain order times Front page dashboard gives snapshot of the week / month
ConsCan be time consuming to update all the menus and add new things in
Angie M.
Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees
August 22, 2019

“Thank you!”

OverallFANTASTIC! Love the customer support team!
ProsSpeed and the friendly prompt customer support!
ConsJust was a bit rough during roll out for the compatibility with the actual companies firewalls Exxon Mobil
August 22, 2019
Martyn C.
Company director
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
August 21, 2019

“Best software for Corporate Caterers”

OverallVery easy, the support team are always very quick to offer advise
ProsThe easy of use, once set up is key to this software. Clients can easily order online, and see there bookings, it is also really easy to see past orders
ConsYou have to log into the programme to view orders. It would be an ideal feature to have intergrated google calendars, showing the basics of the days orders!
August 21, 2019
Christine B.
Director of Openings and Projects
Restaurants, 501-1000 employees
May 24, 2019

“Spoonfed is a great catering tool!”

OverallThe team at Spoonfed is incredible. Any problem (which are very few) that I have come across, they are very willing to help. They are also very accessible if you have any questions! Overall amazing program.CSRs have definitely contributed to our success. Thank you!
ProsI love how easy it is to input an order and send a guest a confirmation along with a request for a credit card. It is also very convenient that you can add automatic guest notes along with production notes that the guest can't see on their end.
ConsI don't like that you are unable to "preview" a BEO. It automatically downloads the PDF. I also dislike that you are unable to add a menu item "on the fly". The system requires you to add it as a menu item on the back end.
May 24, 2019
daniel m.
Food & Beverages, 501-1000 employees
March 8, 2017

“Le Pain Quotidien Catering service”

OverallWe use Spoonfed daily. We send five hundred orders through Spoonfed monthly and it is now an essential part of our business. We utilise the majority of functions to streamline the ordering process and to provide critical data to support our restaurants.
ProsCalendar function and dashboard. The ability to see a summary of orders for defined dates. The ability to amend orders with ease and to communicate changes to customers easily.
ConsIdentifying an order and clicking on it does not then provide a shortcut to the customer profile. I need to search for the customer thereafter which adds time.
Recommendations to other buyersNo.
Mehmet U.
Food Production, 11-50 employees
September 13, 2019

“Not flexible enough”

OverallThe account ming side is really poor. I was initially advised by executive that they are not an accounting software which is why, however its still not good enough. I dont expect any extreme accounting facilities anyway. Where all orders are kept on the software, i should be able to issue invoices easier and FOLLOW UP on these. Customers who paid by card, for some reason cannot be sent an invoice. I was told the email they get when they pay acts as an invoice, however this email clearly states "This is Not an invoice". I dont find the software flexible enough. I have some customers who would like to set up a standing order, yet this is not possible. They have to log in and duplicate the order every day. The first page requires post code, date and time, but further down the process the date is required again. A lot of customers find this really annoying. Most customers just want to see our menu first without having to put in any detail. The customer service was great when executive was around as he always had an alternative to a problem, however since he has left to move abroad, I feel my questions aren't really answered and problems not solved.
ProsWe moved from analogue to this system so it is great. Customers can now go online and place their order themselves without a hassle. All orders are kept in track online
ConsInvoicing, Not able to place standing order, cant send invoice to those paid by card, etc.
September 13, 2019
May 21, 2019

“Great catering software”

OverallExecutive has been the best to work with. Super helpful & responsive.
ProsThe personal attention & help from executive is a main reason why we use Spoonfeed. This software works best for our company because we do mostly drop off catering as opposed to full service events.
Cons European date format sometimes causes problems. Creating menu items & menu item categories is not intuitive. Menu codes are not necessary. Special notes do not print on a delivery sheet. There is no need for both a delivery sheet as well as a kitchen sheet. It would be helpful if the contact person in the order would automatically be the delivery contact. I end up entering the same info again 90% of the time. Would like the # of guests to print on reports. Would like the option to make orders visible to the restaurants or "release" the orders at a certain time. We are using multiple 3rd party catering companies- these are listed as "other." would like to be able to have each 3rd party listed as its own payment method.
May 21, 2019
Jessica S.
Director of Operations
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
March 7, 2017

“Good Software; Great Customer Support”

OverallSpoonfed has ok features, but what keeps us as a customer is their great customer support. The great thing is the company is receptive to feedback and seems to be always working on new functionality to improve features. When issues arise, customer support is quick to respond and help out and keep any interruption in service to a minimum. Very easy to use overall.
ProsEase of use especially as it relates to ability to update menus and hours as needed.
ConsBoxed lunch functionality needs an overhaul - but it sounds like this is in the works. Also looking forward to the much-needed label printer.
Recommendations to other buyersMichael has been great to work with! He is always very helpful and quick to respond.
Peta G.
Financial Manager
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
May 31, 2019

“Does what is says on the tin”

OverallSpoonfed has provided us with brilliant software to manage a busy corporate catering business with many individual orders per day.
ProsEasy to use and understand. Easy to enter data into the program.
ConsCannot produce an invoice for an order that is being paid by credit card
May 31, 2019
John L.
Food Production, 1-10 employees
March 8, 2017

“Changed the face of my business”

OverallSince introducing spoonfed to my business we have become more organised, structured, cash flow has improved and because of this we have free'd up some extra capacity and have taken on more customers! couldn't speak more highly of the service provided by the team, in particular Bobby.
ProsEasy to navigate, online ordering has reduced phone calls, invoicing system makes it easy to keep on top of cash flow
Consinvoicing system restrictive not a full api with xero
Scott R.
Operations Manager
March 7, 2017

“Fantastic Software at an Incredible Price”

OverallOur catering business was growing quickly, and the variety of different systems we used was making it difficult to stay organized. I reluctantly began to investigate different software options, but I was hesitant because I know how expensive setup fees can be. I was blown away by how low the setup costs were, especially compared to some of the other vendors we spoke to. The setup process was very quick, and we were guided by Michael the entire way. He offered direct training to our employees and answered all questions quickly. The invoices that generate look professional. The production sheets are configurable. And online ordering is such a great convenience for customers and staff alike. I almost don't want to share how good this software is because it gives our business such a great advantage! Long story short, I recommend Spoonfed without any reservation whatsoever.
ProsCost, clean look, ease of use.
ConsYou are unable to generate a pdf invoice for credit card orders.
Recommendations to other buyersDelivery zones make it easy to enforce order minimums and delivery fees for specific areas.
CJ E.
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
May 28, 2019

“User friendly sales generator ”

OverallWe are capturing more sales with more ease. Setup of the platform could not have been easier.
ProsVery easy to set up and implement. User friendly. Detailed reports. Great support team in place.
ConsClient/customer data entry has limited autofill and data carryover - a bit time consuming/repetitive.
May 28, 2019
Clare T.
BDM
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees
March 7, 2017

“Easy to use, very happy”

OverallHappy with Spoonfed, it works to help all departments have their reports and know what everyone is doing. The web interface is great as it integrates well and looks good. I would happily recommend it
ProsEasy to use Customer support is great looks professional on our website
ConsThere are a couple of things that I would like to add but I am sure they will come in the future Cost for us is a little high per month as we are non profit and we mainly use the back end but are looking to grow in online orders
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
November 22, 2018

“Improve business efficiency”

OverallVery good experience with Spoonfed. Their customer service is always quick to answer to any query
ProsIt generates great production sheet, and reports, that allows you to smooth the production in the kitchen
ConsClient interface would need to be refreshed, and would need now to create an Spoonfed app since more and more clients want to order via their phone, and the website is not easy to handle on a smartphone.
November 22, 2018
Robert S.
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
March 28, 2017

“ Great team on your side! ”

Overall I first inquired about spoonfed as a result of their email marketing campaign. Rep followed up with me and as a former Caterer himself, was able to convey the value and quality of the spoonfed experience. The features really do make sense and are quite time saving. It is nice to have one point of communication with your customer which includes the menu, order entry, credit card transaction, email follow up and marketing. Best of all is the customer service: Rep is always available to answer questions, offer help and ideas and set aside time for further training even after the sale. That has made a huge difference in my capabilities with spoonfed and has resulted in a more efficient catering operation for my business.
Pros Customer email integration, menu flexibility.
Cons Some things have perhaps been over-thought, and could be simplified.
Recommendations to other buyers Simplify the terminology on buttons for the user. I.e.: "Print Order"
March 28, 2017
Richard G.
Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees
September 12, 2019

“Spoonfed makes catering a breeze!”

ProsEasy to setup, use and update, great customer service and support, helps improve productivity
ConsNot always easy to edit and update menu items and menu categories
Nicholas R.
Owners
Food Production, 1-10 employees
March 30, 2017

“A Great Way to Save Time and Make Money”

OverallTaken on spoonfed as my CRM and customer ordering module has allowed me to save time and make more money. It was easy to create the menus and ordering interface for the customers. All the time I spent taking orders is now in the customers hands. all the time worry about credit card info is now in theirs too. And guess what, customers are likely to order more and be more generous with tips when they are doing the ordering. This has been a big win for me.
ProsEasy to manipulate
ConsNo design options
Recommendations to other buyersnot at this moment
March 30, 2017
david g.
chef manager
Hospitality, 1001-5000 employees
August 29, 2019

“spoonfed review”

Overallsaved alot of time back of house
Prosvery easy to use and invoice clients, generally great tool.
Consnone to be honest its ideal for what we use it for
August 29, 2019
Alan P.
Proprietor
June 9, 2015

“Easy to use but complete enough to drill down to the detail we required. ”

OverallIt is very easy to use although like anything the more time you put in with setup the more you can get from it so initially it can be a little time consuming if you're overhauling your menus but I think that is normal and the spoonfed team really helped us with this. The dashboard is great for a quick glance at your figures so you can track your targets each week and month. It also presents clear and flexible invoicing with just a couple of clicks. The fact that we can access it from anywhere with internet access is also extremely useful, vital in fact. It is often updated with handy extras that clients have suggested and spoonfed have identified. The only con is that I find it a little cold and slightly unintuitive for clients to use at first but this can often be a symptom of your menu rather than the spoonfed software. I'd simply say try it
June 9, 2015
Jase L.
March 10, 2017

“Stellar customer service. ”

OverallCustomer service is one of the best features of Spoonfed. It's quick, personal, and very helpful. Spoonfed as a program does mostly everything we need it to. Sometimes what you can do is limited (can't add random discounts or items, need to configure through a long menu configuration progress) but this also helps keep the business consistent.
ProsCustomer service, lots of features
ConsDesign, intuitiveness
Alan M.
Business Development Manager
April 27, 2015

“Spoonfed gives you the confidence to grow your business and keep your customers”

OverallIn just 8 months Spoonfed has helped us grow our corporate catering turnover by 1000%. Beyond that bottom-line impact we have been given the complete confidence to grow the business, retain customers and attract new ones by the simple fact that all our back of house operations are taken care of in one place. I cannot fault the Spoonfed experience in the slightest and I am speaking genuinely when I say that it has revolutionised our business.
April 27, 2015
Julia P.
President of Business Development
Restaurants, 1001-5000 employees

“More customization required”

ProsIt is designed specifically for drop-off catering.
ConsThe software does not allow customization of messages we want to convey to our customers. For example, we have no ability to alter the messages that are being sent to our customers. There are also many other counter-intuitive features, which we have talked to spoonfed about over the past couple of years with no real development based on our feedback.
Angela W.
March 13, 2017

“Portsmouth Hospitality goes Online”

OverallSeamless change to online ordering for our busy hospitality section. Spoonfed were particularly patient and supportive throughout the whole process.
K C.

“Spoonfed love”

OverallThe representative has been a joy to work with and followed our pace as we were able to grow. Looking forward to them improving functions even more.
Audrey M.
Marketing
April 18, 2019

“Great overal product!”

ProsThe product is great! Also, thumbs up for the customer service! User friendly and the client has control over his or her order, so it makes everything easier.
ConsI can't think of anything I disliked...
April 18, 2019