Hiveage Ratings

Overall

About Hiveage

Hiveage is a fast, simple, easy-to-use online invoicing and billing service designed especially for freelancers and small businesses. Whether its sending invoices, accepting payments or automatically charging clients, Hiveage helps you get your finances out of the way, so you can focus on the important stuff. Hiveage comes with a powerful free plan that lets you send unlimited invoices to unlimited clients. Learn more about Hiveage

Nathan S.
Creative Director
Design, Self-employed
October 24, 2016

“I was on board after my first invoice”

OverallHiveage has made my life so much easier. I can just set it and forget it with most of my recurring billing clients. It's definitely worth the $100 a year to me - just in time savings alone. It's so simple to set up for 1 or 100 clients on one-off or recurring billing. Step 1. Add your client's email and details Step 2. Add your own Paypal (or whatever you want) account info Step 3. Make your itemized invoice - set it to recur every X months. Step 4. Hit send Step 5. Wait for your money System automatically sends invoices, reminders and payment receipts and marks them as paid once the funds come in. I only use Paypal but clients don't need to have Paypal to make payments. You can even track when a client has viewed the invoice. It had perfectly scaled with the growth of my business, and I see loads of room for future expansion if I ever need it. Customer support has always been helpful and ultra fast.
ProsSimple to use and saves me so much time. Very inexpensive. No transaction fees, just my annual fee based on the services I use.
ConsSome functions take a few clicks to get to which could maybe be simplified & an alternate default view for showing which invoices are outstanding would be helpful.
Bernard B.
November 11, 2016

“Awesome little invoicing tool!”

OverallIf you're in the market for a simple and streamlined invoicing tool for your small business, Hiveage is the best and most thorough program out there!! We use this not only for billing, but keeping a handle on our businesses checks and balances. We get everything we need in one convenient place and for one low monthly rate. Customer service is always fast and friendly and our customers like the professional look and clear breakdown of what they are purchasing. From all of us at Senchant's Art of Teaching, Thank You Hiveage!!
ProsEase of creating clear and concise invoices that look professional. Ability to create income and expenses and export for tax purposes. Very inexpensive and great customer support.
ConsDefault payment button attached to invoices is sometimes confusing for our clients. We do not have this feature setup and would just prefer the button not be there.
Recommendations to other buyersHighly recommended for any small business!
November 11, 2016
Randall B.
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
June 16, 2017

“Hiveage is very easy to use. We use it for all of our recurring invoicing”

OverallEasy of billing and ease of pay for the customer
Pros1) We like the simplicity of the interface. It's so easy to set u new customers ant d to bill them. 2) We like that the Mobile and Desktop experiences are pretty much the same experience. That's huge for us. 3) The customer service is awesome and they have been really quick to add or tweak features that are really needed.
ConsThere are a couple of things that bug me. We don't get a notification when a customer in auto pay has a credit card that becomes invalid. That's really needed. Also, there is a weakness in Sales Tax reporting. It's based on invoices sent and NOT on invoices paid. In my state (Texas, USA), sales tax is collected when money changes hands.
June 16, 2017
Fedja H.
Digital marketing and sales strategist
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
October 24, 2016

“Perfect lightweight SME invoicing”

OverallI've tried many invoicing apps to support my consulting business accounting, and Hiveage is by far the most useful. When most of your attention is focused on running your business, apps that are either too complex are just as much of a problem as those which don't do everything you need them to. Hiveage strikes the balance I need perfectly, allowing me to breeze through invoicing with minimal effort.
ProsUser interface, ease of use, clarity, and reporting.
ConsCould use multilingual invoice templates
Recommendations to other buyersIf you can collect payments via an online gateway, the platform will track received payments on its own as well.
Daryl L.
Webmaster
Real Estate, 1001-5000 employees
November 16, 2017

“Great Software for Small Company or Individuals”

OverallEase of set up and use. Cost effective for the purpose. Others I looked at were very expensive and did way more than what I wanted. This is perfect for small companies/individuals who want to manage invoicing/billing.
ProsLove the ease of use for invoicing. Easy to set up and customize. I use it daily to invoice advertisers for our daily email newsletter and website. Very easy to maintain.
ConsWould like to be able to archive individuals/companies I bill instead of the only option is to delete.
November 16, 2017
Nathan W.
Photographer
Photography, 11-50 employees
December 19, 2018

“Reliable, easy to use invoicing for small businesses.”

OverallHIveage has allowed me more time doing what I love and less time worrying about who has/hasn't paid their invoices. Notifications on how long an invoice has been outstanding have been super helpful in terms of reminding outstanding accounts.
ProsHiveage has provided me a cost effective way to manage my small businesses invoicing without the hassle of learning something like quickbooks. Being able to access my invoices on the go has allowed me a freedom I din't expect out of a low-cost software. Also, being able to pull yearly reports has helped a lot during tax season! The interface is fast and reliable, I've had no problems with crashing or lost data.
ConsI wish there was an option to send out an invoice with an estimate header so clients didn't think the quotes I am sending are payable.
December 19, 2018
Theric K.
Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees
August 19, 2019

“Where is the customer support team?!”

OverallI had high hopes and want to continue using their service and vouch for their service but with the lack of customer service response on issues that affect our usage I can't recommend anyone using this if they rely on this service for their day-to-day operation. Should be as glitch-free as possible and even if there are glitches any customer service help we need should be responded back within a few days max whenever possible. I'm currently waiting at 7 weeks and counting with no reply back and that's unacceptable!
ProsOne thing I like about the software is that it has multi-currency invoicing which we need and an app where we can issue quotations and invoices on-the-go. Overall it should suffice for most businesses out there.
ConsThe lack of customer service response and also sometimes the platform is glitchy (e.g. you have a product preset and it doesn't pull up when you try add to an invoice, and if you add a new customer during the invoicing stage it doesn't add that new customer details to that invoice after you've entered all the necessary customer details and save those details). These are sporadic issues and becomes an annoyance after a while. They also pitched a custom domain option (which is one of the reasons we've signed up for this) and it worked initially and now doesn't work at all and says the feature is a beta feature (which was never mentioned on their website). When we have an issue with this and contacted customer service we get no response back and when they do they don't reply back. Live chat = non-existent. Email = no reply back.

By Vesess on August 20, 2019
Regarding the custom domain feature mentioned in this review: Hiveage continues to support custom domains, and the experimental feature that was discontinued was SSL support on custom domains (which was not promoted publicly). We were one of the few, if not the only, invoicing software to try this feature, but at the moment we do not have an ETA for re-introducing it. As a policy we refrain from publicly commenting on matters specific to individual customers.
August 19, 2019
Holly P.
VP
1-10 employees

“Great Service ”

OverallI have been using the Hiveage since day one and love it. So easy to use and great service!!! I recommend this for any type of business - small or large.
ProsVery easy set up and love the recurring invoices.
ConsNothing
Pavel S.
December 25, 2016

“Hiveage Review - Best bang for the buck”

OverallBest bang for the buck. Back in 2014, I reviewed various services and Curdbee (which turned into Hiveage) was the best for my needs. I am a private tutor (only 1 person accessing the account) that needs regular billing, a summary of all invoices with invoice numbers. Note that this is not a burn software (which is a good thing! Tax people like this!), meaning invoice numbers cannot be deleted/changed (as far as I know) - this allows you to keep records good for the Canada Revenue Agency.
ProsCost for software as a service. Too many other companies charge way too much for simple invoicing.
December 25, 2016
John D.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees
August 18, 2016

“Perfect solution to easy invoicing.”

OverallHave used this software for around 16 months now and would not be able to use anything else. It is super easy to get used to and my customers also find it easy to open invoices. Very simple but effective software. Almost functions as a office administrator as it always reminds me if there are any outstanding invoices to chase.
ProsVery easy to use and navigate
ConsNone at the moment
August 18, 2016
Mark Z.
Financial Services, Self-employed

“Hiveage is Great”

OverallI have been using Hiveage for several years now. I am a financial adviser in the states and, unlike most financial advisers, I bill my clients directly. First I used Hiveage's free service but I upgraded two years to take full advantage of the system. It is a great value! It works very, very well for me. It is easy for me to use and just as easy for my clients as well. I am not an IT expert so it is important that the system be as simple as possible. And Hiveage is! I can't imagine getting more value for what I pay for Hiveage.
ProsEasy to use and very effective
ConsI have no cons
Boy S.
Founder & Creative Director
Design, 1-10 employees
September 28, 2016

“Hiveage does it right! ”

ProsIntuitive interface, quick and easy to set up, domain integration, great customer service, 14-day free trial.
ConsSimply, no! They offer everything I need to run my admin smoothly. It would be nice to create estimates/invoices from the mobile app but they're working on that!
Stephanie H.
Lead Graphic Designer
December 17, 2018

“Easy to Manage our Clientele”

ProsI love this program! We all work remotely in our company, so this program makes it easy for us all to access client info if we are working on multiple projects. We can easily save images, pdfs, any files to their account within Hiveage.
ConsOnly thing I do not like is when I go to download an attachment from the client's portal within Hiveage is that it opens in a new tab for me.
December 17, 2018
March 30, 2018

“Excellent invoicing software compatible with many gateways”

ProsI like the customizable invoice page, the customizable domain, the variety of gateways to choose from, the ease of use, the reliability, and just the overall experience. I have been using it for over 2 years and not had a complaint.
ConsThe only con I would have is that it can be a little difficult to set up if you aren't tech savvy. I did not have a problem but I've held back on recommending it to some folks because I didn't think they would be able to employ it.
March 30, 2018
Ishan S.
Translation Studies Wiki Developer
March 28, 2018

“Good Software, Mobile Apps lack a few features”

ProsHiveage is a great software for freelancers and consultants and has almost every feature you'll ever want. They have usage based plans which allow you to pay for only what you want.
ConsMobile app lacks some reporting features and it can be hard to see some information that's readily available on web.
March 28, 2018
Rachael E.
Partner
Research, 1-10 employees

“Exactly What We Needed”

OverallHiveage has delivered a portable, easy to use invoicing program for our small business. The features have developed over the past few years so that we feel it has every feature we need and nothing that we don't. And it's completely affordable to boot!
ProsAffordable, easy to use and not over complicated
ConsNot much I don't like
Recommendations to other buyersNope.
Scott C.
October 6, 2016

“Works for me.”

OverallI've been using Hiveage for years to help run my graphic design and Adobe software training business. From the beginning I've always liked its simplicity, pricing, and support. Perhaps there are other solutions with more features, but for me Hiveage just works.
ProsSimplicity and support.
ConsLack of more export options.
Recommendations to other buyersHighly recommended.
October 6, 2016
Erich B.
Owner/Founder
October 22, 2016

“10 years + from curdbee to Hiveage I'm a life time lover ;) ”

Overallsuper low friction fast setup, I recommend it to clients all the time. great support, great people behind the product.
Proseasy to use and great support.
Consno cons.
Recommendations to other buyerspopulate your network as soon as you get started and set all your defaults.
October 22, 2016
Pieter E.
Design, Self-employed
October 20, 2016

“Perfect, quick and sufficient!”

OverallPreviously I hate to do my invoicing and postponed till the last minute, often way beyond due date. Hiveage just make it so much easier, quicker, it's without hassle, so user-friendly - cant ask for more, and the big bonus I have the comfort of knowing where all my invoices are, available at any time. I will recommend Hiveage at any time to anyone.
ProsUser-friendly, need layout!
ConsDid not find anything yet.
Recommendations to other buyersNo.
Dan K.

“Super Easy to Use”

OverallI have been using Hiveage since it used to be Curdbee many years ago. Hiveage revamped some features to give users options from like an a la carte that I find very handy. Super easy to navigate and connects with my major forms of payment. Allows the ability to upload your business logo and just plain works. Its nice to have it send PDF copies of invoices to clients for their records and receipts for payment. Couldn't be happier with my experiences at a price that doesn't break the bank.
ProsFlexible, budget friendly, connects with major forms of payment, has a mobile app.
ConsI would like to see the ability to create an invoice from the mobile app.
Boy S.
Founder & Creative Director
Design, 1-10 employees

“Hiveage does it right!”

OverallI've used tons of online invoicing solutions in the past. For me, Hiveage is the only one that does it right! I was sending invoices minutes after getting started. The interface is fast, intuitive and the invoices look professional. At the beginning of this month I've sent 6 invoices in less then 5 minutes, I knew exactly when people viewed the invoice and with the iDeal & Stripe integration all the invoices were paid in less then a week. One more thing, they're offering a 10% discount on your monthly subscription for a full year! Not sure if the coupon code is still valid but you can atleast try: SAVEMONTH10 Good luck everyone!
Luis P.
English teacher and blogger
Education Management, Self-employed
March 13, 2019

“Simple yet advanced invoicing system”

OverallOverall, I'm loving Hiveage. It's helping me and my students process payments more easily and keep track of my income and expenses.
ProsHiveage provides me with a great way to invoice my students and other clients from one platform. I can create customers and link one-time or recurring invoices. I can also have my customers pay online (I'm using PayPal and Stripe, but it has more options). So I'm finding it really useful. Besides, you can also keep track of your expenses, adding one-time or recurring bills, which is nice.
ConsI believe the UI could be improved a little, and maybe the initial set-up process should be simplified. But it's nothing too complicated, to be honest.
March 13, 2019
Jonathan G.
Copywriter
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
October 20, 2016

“Easy-to-use and customisable - a great tool for freelancers.”

OverallI am a freelance writer and I use Hiveage for all of my billing. It's very straightforward, you can customise your invoices and then send them to your clients. I deal with a few different agencies and so it's a pleasure to be able to have a contact book set up that will automatically send the invoice to the relevant person. I pay $7/month and it's worth every dollar. At tax time, having a straightforward breakdown of my earnings for the financial year is very useful. If you are looking for an easy invoicing system, I recommend Hiveage.
Pros- Very easy to use - Invoices can be customised with ease - Contact book helps me keep track of the relevant person to send the invoice to - Low cost
Farman A.
Creative Designer & Web Developer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
October 20, 2016

“The best of all services in invoicing and Billing”

OverallI had a really great experience billing my clients via hiveage. Its never been so easy to handle all the bills and client list, with respect to their country currency and contact information
ProsUser Experience, Invoice, Bills and Client Data
ConsEverything is perfect
Recommendations to other buyersEverything is perfect, just need to lower some fees
April 4, 2018

“Fantastic invoicing for consultants. ”

ProsIt's incredibly easy to invoice and collect recurring payments. I spend almost no time dealing with AR anymore.
ConsSometimes recurring invoices don't get sent if you enter them in too early, or screw with the dates.
April 4, 2018
Steve L.
February 1, 2016

“Simplicities the key.”

OverallI run a small company and hate admin. This is great and produces professional looking invoices. It took very little time to set up and start using. I didn't use all of the features on offer during the trial period and being honest I could probably get away with the totally free option if i really wanted to. but I have gone on a basic package hat removes the Hiveage branding.
ProsQuick and easy to set up, free trial for a month. Customer support was swift when I needed advice.
ConsSome of the optional things don't make a lot of sense and no obvious explanation as to what they are and do.
February 1, 2016
Newaz C.
Digital Marketer
August 22, 2019

“Great invoicing and estimate software for small businesses”

OverallOverall, it's been pretty useful. I use it to send quick estimates instead of proposals to people who are looking for a quick quote.
ProsI really like that you can send quick quotes and invoices to clients quickly. You can send recurring ones as well. Great for freelancers.
Consfeatures are pretty basic and I think there can be more things. I'd like to see when/time the receiver opens the estimate/invoice like nusii.
August 22, 2019
Stephen D.

“Great product!”

OverallHiveage is a great user friendly tool for managing our business invoicing needs. Being a small business, we need a simple and fast system for efficient invoicing, and Hiveage is perfect for this. The product is under constant development, and we welcome more features in the future.
Gina D.
October 7, 2016

“Awesome invoice program for small business!”

OverallI started with a free trial and l only needed the invoice portion of Hivage. The great part was I only have to pay less than $3 a month for only this portion. I did not have to purchase the entire program. It is great an easy to use for small and large business' alike.
October 7, 2016
Negroiu T.
September 29, 2016

“Highly recommend it!”

OverallI have been using Hiveage for one year now, since I opened my own little business and I am very happy with it. I like that is very easy to use all the features it has, everything is very clear. You can keep track of the history payments and invoice. You can see your income for the last 12 months in a very nicely created dashboard. I also like that I can save in my preferences the products that I sell, with discounts or other features that I need. I highly recommend it!
September 29, 2016
Keenan P.
September 26, 2016

“Definitely the subscription ”

OverallI downloaded the trial very soon after they launched - thinking I would use it for free as long as I could. I've been paying for a subscription for over year now because it was so undeniabley useful. I love the stats and overall format. Very worth the small monthly fee.
Rich P.
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
March 5, 2019

“A Very Appealing Invoice Solution”

ProsThe software is clean and easy to use, accepts a number of payment portals, and allows for recurring billing -- all of which are great assets.
ConsIt's a shame one can't create a "profile" for users on this software. This would be a small addition and, in my view, greatly enhance the software's potential.
March 5, 2019
Paulinho F.
Translator
Computer Software, 51-200 employees

“Thumbs up!”

OverallBefore Hiveage, invoicing took ages. I tried many other tools for freelancers, but Hiveage really serves the purpose. Simple, practical and quick! There are options for different currencies and service packages.
ProsIt is not time consuming.
Anthony H.

“Nice Product”

OverallBeen with Hiveage for a while. Very happy with what it does. Simple for me to use with the right functionality. Without the invoice tracking it offers, I'm sure I would be losing money.
Paulinnho F.
Translator and Interpreter
Translation and Localization, Self-employed

“Thumbs up!”

ProsIt is not time consuming!
ConsNon.
Kevin M.
Presideent
Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees
September 30, 2016

“Product does what it is supposed to...”

OverallWe have had a good experience using Hiveage. It does what it is supposed to do and it is really easy to set up. We are 100% satisfied.
ProsEasy to setup Professional Cost effective
September 30, 2016
Madeleine C.
December 6, 2016

“THE BEST FOR FREELANCERS”

OverallI have been using this program since they were Curdbee and it is the best. So easy, so good, customer support is great and fast with everything. Makes the boring stuff kinda fun.
December 6, 2016
Dan O.
October 3, 2016

“Ideal invoicing tool”

OverallThis is an ideal invoicing tool for freelancers and small business owners like me. It is very easy to use and great value.
October 3, 2016
Lee S.

“Great online software”

OverallReally delighted with Hiveage, it makes keeping track of invoices and billing extremely easy. Support is fast and friendly whenever needed which to be honest was just once at the very start, highly recommended.
ProsSimple to use, very straightforward and clean interface.
ConsNone that come to mind at all.
Recommendations to other buyersDefinitely worth considering if you want to make handling invoices straightforward.