SendGrid Ratings

Overall

About SendGrid

SendGrid is a leader in customer communications. Our trusted, cloud-based email delivery platform helps marketers and developers send with confidence. We are trusted by over 78,000 global customers, big and small, to drive engagement and business growth through their email program. In addition to our award-winning API, SendGrid's Marketing Campaigns offers powerful, one-to-many sending, straightforward segmentation, flexible and frustration-free campaign editing and actionable analytics. Learn more about SendGrid

Oscar C.
Gerente general
May 20, 2019

“The best mail service provider for marketing and transactional emails. ”

Overall I have been working with Sendgrid for more than 2 years and it really has been very helpful. It's perfect when you need to send transactional mails, for example password recovery or notifications to users from your website. or custom marketing campaigns. You can implement on your App easily with his Full Documented API or via SMTP. The free forever plan is perfect when you're starting a website or application and still do not have enough users. You can also easily upgrade your plan in order to get more emails monthly . Recommended with closed eyes.
Pros1. Have AB Testing enable. 2. Manage unsubscribe emails. 3. Easy to Integrate via API or SMTP. 4. Email Reputation indicator. 5.Full detailed report. You can see if the email it's blocked, bounced or delivered. 6. Have a Forever Free plan . (40.000 Emails in the trial period, then 100 Emails Daily forever)
ConsSend grid interface it's a little bit confuse. No more cons to highlight, for me it's a perfect tool.
May 20, 2019
Abigail N.
July 5, 2018

“An Easy to Use Email Marketing Software”

OverallThe detailed stats from each email campaign is amazing, and the Unsubscribe groups option really helped with GDPR compliance
Pros1. On the bottom left side of the dashboard is a small reputation percentage bar, that measures your reputation. The bar is updated daily based on your email sends, your reputation goes down if your email bounces or is marked as spam. 2. Stats: SendGrid provides A LOT of data on the performance of your email campaigns, these stats are: Requests, Delivered, Opens, Unique Opens, Clicks, Unique Clicks, Unsubscribes, Spam Reports, Bounces, Blocks, Bounce Drops, Spam Report Drops, Unsubscribe Drops and Invalid Emails. SendGrid also provides stats such as: Global Stats, Category Stats, Category Comparison, Subuser Stats, Subuser Comparison, Geographical, Email Clients & Devices, Mailbox Provider Stats, Mailbox Provider Comparison, Browser Stats, and Browser Comparison 3. A/B Testing 4. Unsubscribe Groups: This is without doubt my favorite feature from SendGrid. When you click on "Marketing" on the left side of your dashboard, and select tour from the drop down, it sort of lists steps to set up for sending marketing emails. Step 3 on the list of things to do is to create unsubscribe groups. Here you can Create groups that represent types of email that you regularly send to your recipients. If a recipient chooses to unsubscribe, they will have the option of selecting which of these groups they want to unsubscribe from.
Cons1. The Email templates in SendGrids gallery are a bit basic which initially wasn't a problem as I liked creating my own template, but I did not like how I couldn't modify the "columns" module to my taste. I wanted to create a template with three columns with the center column bigger than the two on the side. The idea was to have my client's images linking to their projects (On their websites) on the side columns, with the write up in the center column. However, that couldn't be done (At least so far it seems so as I can't find any option to tweak the size/width of each column) as each column has an equal width. 2. No automation function: I'd like to create a sort of If/Then sequence where I can resend an email to a group of people after x days, for example, I'd like to resend an email (With a different heading of course) to people who have not opened the first email after four days.
July 5, 2018
Anatoly G.
Founder & CEO
Information Services, Unspecified
August 1, 2018

“SendGrid offers a great transactional email API, but deliverability & support issues hold it back”

OverallEasy integration into our platform and deliverability metrics. Dedicated IP, if you pay for it.
ProsWe use SendGrid for transactional emails, such as welcome messages & notifications. Generally, SendGrid offers great tools to integrate emails into a variety of different application platforms and programming languages. We really like its level of detail when checking on the status of emails. Sendgrid is also free for basic transactional emails, which makes it easy to try and ensure it will work with your application. We use a third-party library called Nodemailer with Sendgrid, so switching from a different service to Sendgrid was trivial.
ConsWhile the service is easy to use and offers comprehensive email activity metrics, there are a few things about it we didn't like. First, because the free tier uses shared IPs, we consistently had emails that wouldn't get delivered because of IP blocks. There were a handful of IPs that we had that experience with, and it persisted for weeks -- without any support intervention. Sendgrid must have deliverability metrics on their side as well, so I am surprised they didn't drop these IPs from their IP pool proactively. We had to upgrade to the PRO plan, which was the least expensive plan that had a dedicated IP. We also had to pay extra for 30 days of email history, you get 3 days by default. I'd love to see all these options be a-la-carte, but I get that you need to make revenue somehow, and few companies send enough emails to justify jumping to the next paid plan -- unless you NEED that deliverability guarantee that you get w/ dedicated IPs, which we did.
August 1, 2018
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees
July 25, 2018

“Sendgrid shines on mass mailing, but lacks some required features”

OverallTransactional email
ProsSendgrid is ready for your scale. From the smallest Saas apps to the largest enterprises, Sendgrid was built with scale in mind. It handles transactional emails very well, and is relatively simple to integrate into your codebase or product workflow. Templates come out of the box, but some coding knowledge is needed to style transactional emails. All templates can be easily versioned. Concerns on security and blacklisting are limited. As long as you follow their recommendations, Sendgrid will deliver your email. Pricing is very fair and generous. In years of use, I've never gone over a plan limit.
ConsFunctionality can be limited in interesting ways depending on your plan. On the most basic paid plans, several code features are just missing. Reporting is the most glaring issue, with basic reporting showing only a rolling group of recently sent emails. Without a deeper dive into your logs, you may miss issues. Transactional emails also lack some features that seem required, like weblinks for email and easy native unsubscribe. There are workarounds for both, but not without challenges. Version tracking for templates is also completely missing, unless you use new versions for each edit you make.
July 25, 2018
Ryan K.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
March 1, 2019

“Long time customer with 15+ active accounts”

OverallSendGrid was the first to market and has grown more and more powerful over the years, while keeping pricing low and even free pending your needs. Excited to continue plugging it into my side projects and companies.
ProsI've used SendGrid for years. They have a 1-click "provision" feature inside the Heroku app store that starts at $0 /month until you hit profit-worthy volume (10k+ emails /month). The API for sending transactional emails is great, however I have not tried their email marketing feature. I'm such a big SendGrid fan, in fact, that I built a free SendGrid analytics tool that generates reports for other customers (+ myself) to send better transactional emails: https://lesstransactional.com.
ConsWhile building our free SendGrid analytics tool, it became apparent that the "Email Activity" API has a much lower rate limit (ie 10 requests per 5 minutes) than the regular sending APIs. This required us to make restrictive changes to the app at the last minute, and their support team was unwilling to increase the rate limit for our use case.
March 1, 2019
David R.
Site Reliability Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
August 30, 2019

“Great email service for offloading website form emails from web hosting services”

OverallSendGrid is a great solution if sending emails from your website is critical to your business. It gives you the functionality to inspect and see what emails are being sent and to secure your emails using various security standards (ie. SPF, DKIM, etc).
ProsOften web hosts have email limits for websites and your contact forms or orders from your site can be shut off without warning. Using SendGrid means you can control your email services from your website and see what emails are being sent and whether they are being delivered. The SendGrid console allows you to view what emails are bouncing and which aren't being delivered (ie. fake email addresses), etc. Also SendGrid support is really great as well and will assist with how to go about securing your email using Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM) (or their similarly named solution of this).
ConsWith you could inspect the email bodies within the SendGrid console. Unfortunately you can only search on the email subject, dates, etc, but not the email bodies.
August 30, 2019
Prashant M.
Product Owner Lead
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
July 20, 2019

“Best ESP provider so far”

OverallYes for product I liked, for team, not so much.
ProsWe used Sendgrid for our Email Marketing. I loved the technology, the cost was okay and easy to implement. It also optimized to reach user inbox instead of spam. It could also be integrated to CRM of your choice which team liked.
ConsThe support, I mean, if you are paying $100,000 an year, we expect a dedicated person, which was not available. Even the sales team felt like more to make sales than worry about use case or team.
July 20, 2019
Alicia A.
Solution Alchemist and Dream Manager
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
July 23, 2019

“We use and recommend Sendgrid for everything”

OverallWe develop software and often have to send transactional emails, sendgrid helps us protect our domain for SPAM complaints and also provides great tracking information for the emails we send.
ProsMy favorite feature are the logs, we can always find information about a malformed email, a bounce an unsubscription, etc. I also like the ease of use and the ability to admin several domains under the same account.
ConsI don't think I have any specific dislikes.
July 23, 2019
Esra K.
Research and Development Director
March 9, 2018

“Awesome software!”

OverallWe send approximately 300K emails per month and Sendgrid made this job very easy for us. I strongly recommend this software.
ProsWe needed an email server provider for our web application and my friend recommended me Sendgrid 3 years ago. We are still using it without any problem. Our Pro 300K plan gives us a clean, dedicated IP address so our automatic emails don't end up in Spam folders. You can observe the email's journey and get various analytics on how many emails are delivered, how many people have opened, how many clicks etc. Our marketing team also started to use Sendgrid to send newsletters. It is very easy to manage contact lists and subscriptions. Customer support is great. They helped a lot whenever we have a question or problem. API documentation is clean and thorough.
ConsWebsite menu structure is a bit complicated and left menu fonts are faded. It is hard to read the menu elements. It's color should be darker.
March 9, 2018
Ruth L.
Database Administrator
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
December 5, 2017

“We use SendGrid to send emails from our database. It does a fabulous job!”

OverallThey consistently send out my emails and help us comply with the CAN-SPAM act. They help us make sure people are getting the emails they want but not the ones they don't. I can't imagine trying to manage our emails without them.
ProsIt sends emails from our database. The set up for that was extremely easy, and as a non-profit, the pricing is extremely affordable. It allows us to see general statistics for our emails as well as monitor whether a specific recipient actually opened a specific email or clicked on it. It also notifies us if someone clicks spam or unsubscribes so we can remove them from our database. It's easy to monitor what is happening to our emails. When we were somehow blacklisted by AT&T, we were able to catch that quickly and get it resolved.
ConsSendGrid campaigns is a little difficult to work with. Also, their unsubscribe groups doesn't seem to work as well as I would like. It is difficult to know exactly what categories of email people are wanting to receive.
December 5, 2017
May 29, 2019

“SendGrid is a reliable email platform.”

OverallI have been using SendGrid for the last two years. It is very easy to use. You can design your mail or edit the SendGrid templates. Also there is a code editor. So you can make changes in the code. So you can change the style or make it responsive by writing media query. So you don't have to be bothered about the design issues in sending a mail. Also marketing mails can be send to list of users just by a button click. There are many features which helps you in email marketing and automated email delivery. Thank you team for this wonderful product.
ProsSendGrid is the best email delivery platform I have ever used. I am a developer and to send automated mails from website was a major concern for me. But using SendGrid I can easily send mail. APIs is easily available and you can design your mail just by some drag and drop. Also there are many templates available in SendGrid. You can just edit the templates and add your images just by uploading to SendGrid photo gallery. Transactional mail templates can be created by desin or code. This is the main attractive part in SendGrid. Also you can upload your users base and send mail to multiple users just by a button click. So SendGrid can be easily used for marketing purpose. So I will say, this is a best option for email delivery service.
ConsEven if SendGrid is easy, for a beginner it is a little confusing. Because you will not know where to design your template in transactional or legacy . But once you are familiar with it, SendGrid is the best.
Robert G.
Owner/Webmaster
Design, 1-10 employees

“SendGrid Review”

OverallOur business Server is located with GoDaddy and their email delivery service is basically Black Listed which was a real problem for our mass mailer. We found SendGrid and decided to Port our Server's emails delivery via them. We ordered a dedicated IP address and our mailing have been flawless in delivery providing all the data one would need to manage email deliveries and an manage delivery to keep from being accused of spamming or popping up on Black Listings. If we have any issues or questions customer service is always there for us. Thanks for your business, RG Grant & Associates Web Service Your Window to the World Wide Web webmaster@grantweb.com
ProsFor a mail delivery service SendGrid provides all all the data and options a customer could ask for. Customer Service is one of the best. Courtesy and knowledgeable they are one of the few companies I actually enjoy speaking with.
ConsNone to speak of. Customer Service is always on the top of their game providing Superior service whenever it's needed.
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
September 26, 2018

“Send Effective Email Marketing Campaigns”

OverallSendGrid allows us to effectively and efficiently email market to a large database of B2B and B2C subscribers. It can be incredibly beneficial in reaching your target markets at the right time and the right place.
ProsSendGrid gives you the power to email market more effectively, regardless of your skill level. Whether you are looking to custom build your HTML templates, or would like to build out their standard templates, SendGrid offers an intuitive software to help you improve your marketing efficiency. The platform also makes it easier to build more comprehensive distribution lists, and allows you to target your messaging to the right people at the right time.
ConsThe only limiting factor of SendGrid is the fact that the tiered pricing may not make sense for all business models. It would be nice to have more notifications with regard to deliverability/reputation issues that occur.
September 26, 2018
Ramindu D.
Software Technical Lead
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
May 29, 2019

“Integrate serverless email functionality in to your applications, fast.”

OverallSendGrid enabled my team to build in email sending capabilities in to our applications within a very short period of time through a very simple API integration.
ProsSendGrid provides the ability to configure and set up a programmatic email service with your applications through the integration of a simple RESTful web service API. It is super easy to set up and manage, and also provides comprehensive reporting on how each email was sent and processed. It allows you to bypass the conventional arduous process of setting up your own mail server.
ConsI encountered some downtime and unsent emails when working with SendGrid, but more recently these problems seem to have been fixed effectively.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
May 14, 2019

“Reliable SMTP Solution with Highly Intuitive API”

OverallOverall, SendGrid has saved my business countless hours of setup and has been 100% consistent with its email delivery success rate using their SMTP services.
ProsThe most notable aspect of SendGrid is it's ease of setup. If you are looking for a reliable SMTP solution without having manually route your mail through your personal email account, then don't take the time to look for another solution. SendGrid has an insanely easy implementation process regardless of what platform you are developing on. My personal experience with the official Wordpress integration has been nothing short of incredible.
ConsThe developer docs with the node.js implementation could be a bit more expanded. I was slightly bummed out that there was not an dead simple guide for my react application, but after a bit of digging I was able to get what I needed from additional sources.
May 14, 2019
Kevin V.
Software Architect
Internet, 11-50 employees
July 5, 2019

“Great SMTP email service that checks all the boxes”

OverallOverall SendGrid has been a very solid solution for sending our product related emails. We have been using SendGrid for many years now and haven't run into issues, once it was setup we just left it alone and have sent thousands of emails over time.
ProsSendGrid is a very reliable solution for sending emails via SMTP or via their API. We have experienced great deliverability of our emails as well as excellent reliability with their service. SendGrid has good pricing as well and can handle sending a large number of emails without a high cost.
ConsThe initial setup took a bit of time, it wasn't entirely clear how to authenticate with SendGrid - the documentation was a mix between explaining normal SMTP email sending and sending via the API and it wasn't always clear which they were referring to.
July 5, 2019
Aravind V.
Senior Associate
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
May 27, 2019

“Using sendgrid for the last 5 years”

ProsWe have integrated sendgrid API. They provide us with good email deliverability which is a key factor for us. The stats about the email campaigns they send are near accurate and we can trust them. We also use an alternate service provider just to make sure that emails blocked by sendgrid are delivered through that provider. Sendgrid also provides us with interesting articles via their insiders program. I found that insightful and engaging. We can get opinions from experts in the area there.
ConsIf you are planning to reach out to recipients who have opted in to receive emails, then sendgrid works best. If you are planning to send marketing emails to anyone who didn't subscribe with you chose another email service provider.
May 27, 2019
Rocky K.
Course Building Technologist and Business Coach on the Education Team
11-50 employees
May 14, 2018

“Our email client backup”

Overallpiece of mind!
ProsMy course site sends about 50,000 emails a year, containing important information like login/passwords, due dates for content, and other time-sensitive things. Instead of relying on my marketing email client (which can end up in the promotions tabs, or users can mark as spam), my course emails are sent by SendGrid, and always land in the Primary box, because of it's incredibly relevant material. And it just works. It was easy to hook it up to my website, and quickly test.
ConsIt's not a email client. It's more of a backbone, that you use another piece of software to build the emails. Which is fine for my use case, since the course site builds the email, and SendGrid sends the email out to my student.
May 14, 2018
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
January 8, 2019

“SendGrid as a backbone”

OverallAs CTO of SteerIO - a French startup which helps project managers monitoring their projects' health - I've been able to easily transform a rather complex international emails system to a fully integrated implementation. And SendGrid provides me all the options I need to reducing spam flags on my emails, securing and signing links and images I add in them, injecting variables in maintenable templates, etc.
ProsSendGrid helps me on a daily basis with templating, delivering and monitoring emails. I've tested other solution and no one manages to provide essential features for marketing email campaigns and transactional emails with such an easy way. I'm pleased to verify each day how SendGrid has made bulk send of custom internationalized emails simple and robust.
ConsSendGrid is a great product but I regret it does not allow me to see more than 3 days of sent emails' status without charging me for an extra. I'm also a little bit disappointed that checking emails' status (received, bounced, in spam, etc.) is only possible through their website and not directly from an API request.
January 8, 2019
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
November 28, 2018

“Easy Email Relay Service”

ProsI know SendGrid has a lot more to offer than I actually use. I have it linked up with a database program and use it as a relay service for sending emails. It has been a solid service. There have been a few times I've had to get in touch with customer service for some help, and they were responsive and helpful.
ConsBeing on the lowest tier, we end up sharing an IP with who knows who else, so our messages are sometimes flagged as spam and bounce because of their IP source. The price jump to the next level which would give us a dedicated IP is hard to justify - several times the price for what I'm guessing would be going from a 99.5% success rate to what would probably be about 99.9%.
November 28, 2018
Patrizia I.
Lawyer
Legal Services, Self-employed
November 9, 2018

“It's great but needs small corrections”

OverallSendgrid is an efficient tool for email marketing. It allows sending emails with a high rate of delivery and very low bounce one thanks to its reliability. It is really convenient!
ProsThere are different templates ready to use to create your marketing campaigns. If you don't find a template that fits your needs you can laying out yours using the design editor or the code one. With regards to the design editor, you can set up an appealing template only by dragging and dropping the modules available on the tollbar placed on the left side of the page. The code editor allows writing the custom html code of your layout. Sendgrid offers an A/B test function to test the effectiveness of different texts, images, objects, and so on. Checking the insights you could easily choose the most performing email you created. After composing an email you can send different email tests (with no limits) to multiple recipients. Schedule option available. You can switch from desktop to mobile view in just a click. You can update your contact lists and organize them by segmenting the users. On the homepage you can see your reputation calculated according to the percentage of bounced emails and spam reports you got in your campaigns. The reports and the insights collected by the tool are really useful, reach and detailed.
ConsThe design editor and the coed one are not synchronized. If you create your template on the design editor and then edit it in the code one you might lose many formatting options. Sometimes you can't undo your actions.
November 9, 2018
Retail, 11-50 employees
December 12, 2017

“Good Product, Not Great”

Pros-SendGrid has recently in the last year, come up with a better pricing model for its newletter service. Our E-mail service provider spend was cut in 1/2. -Easy to use. API is well put together and good for programmers. -Reporting is good. I can get to the information I want fairly quickly and easily.
Cons- Lacking some features / integrations we'd like to see, like with social media platforms - We feel we significantly overpaid for services from SendGrid in the past, and nearly left SendGrid due to completely being unwilling to works with us in getting something back for that. - Web UI is still a little buggy. - Fixing bugs and new feature implementation seems slow
December 12, 2017
Ivan S.
Head of Product Management, Mobile Apps
Internet, 11-50 employees
June 11, 2019

“Exceptional value for the money”

OverallWe're sending all our app user communication via SendGrid (password resets, user communication, scheduling and reminders).
ProsSendGrid is very easy to use and integrates with our product exceptionally well. Aside of all the automated and user-related emails that our application sends via SendGrid, I found it to be very useful for targeted email campaigns to track which users reviewed updated SOPs and training and so on. The support is great, when our account got hacked the were immediately on it.
ConsSendGrid has recently reduced sending history to just 3 days, which is s bummer, because we were using history for monthly audits.
June 11, 2019
Harimohan S.
Technical Consultant
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
December 19, 2018

“SendGrid - Easy configuration, Budgeted plans”

OverallOverall experience with SendGrid was good and fulfill our requirement for what we are searching.
ProsSendGrid app is a great tool for any organization for their emailing solution in terms of marketing and transactional emails. SendGrid is very easy in configuration as minimum need for support documents. you can manage lots of things like white listing of domains and support IDs, email templates, reporting etc. Tech support is always available. there are multiple budgetary plan you can choose according to your requirement.
ConsImprovement is always better than the things running as usual. so reporting system could have been better.
Philanthropy, 51-200 employees
January 7, 2019

“Sendgrid is my first choice for email deployment at scale”

OverallOverall, very happy to be using Sendgrid. Generally easy to use, and a good team to help us figure things out when things go sideways.
Pros- Lots of options to integrate (marketing campaigns vs API) - Now supports dynamic templating via Handlebars - Reliable for improving deliverability - Great team - constantly making recommendations and working closely with us to help improve our email marketing
Cons- Sometimes support can be a little basic/frustrating till we get escalated to someone more advanced - Dynamic templating currently has a character limit in the subject lines (it's a problem for us as a global business)
January 7, 2019
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
August 5, 2018

“An integral piece of software to ensure delivery of our mail from our custom solutions”

OverallSendGrid is helping us schedule a mass amount of automated emails internally to our various departments to assist them in their day to day jobs.
ProsSendGrid gives you so much visibility on what is going on with your email campaigns. I can see who has opened, clicked, and viewed the emails being sent out, verify that they are going out, and get statistics on volume and visibility of these emails. For our team we are using SendGrid with .Net and Azure functions since the integration is already built out and very functional. All we had to do was configure an account and link our profile in Azure and SendGrid basically handled the rest.
ConsSome of the definitions for how users are interacting with the messages can feel a bit arbitrary but overall is pretty good.
August 5, 2018
Samim S.
Sr. Marketing Manager
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
July 17, 2019

“SendGrid solving our email deliverability ”

OverallWe are using SendGrid for our Magento2 Ecommerce site to send transactional emails such as new registration, new orders and order updates. We found this very affordable and almost 99.99% rates of email deliverability unless the email id is incorrect. We are even using this for our newsletter and there as well the delivery rate is very good and also spam complains is very low. Previously we have used some other tools but this is giving us very good results.
Pros- Affordable and cost effective. - High delivery rates. - Easy API integration & easily create API keys to use. - Very good for transactional emails.
Cons- No such cons found till now so cant say exactly.
July 17, 2019
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
September 15, 2018

“SendGrid makes emailing and associated analytics easy”

OverallOur Enterprise application needed the ability to send emails to customers and partners and track their delivery/ response and action taken from the email. SendGrid allowed us to roll this out fast, cheap and frictionless
ProsThe SendGrid software and AP make it very easy to provide email functionality within applications. Whether you are using it's API s or the web interface it is a breeze. The free tier is good enough to get started without any costs. I loved the software so much that I even started using it for sending New Year greetings
ConsNone. Absolutely love this software and it's ease of use
September 15, 2018
Petr V.
Developer
July 22, 2019

“One of the few providers that allowing to send marketing emails even for free.”

OverallSendGrid is my favourite because they have a free plan and they are really fast in delivery and easy to use.
ProsAvailability of SMTP Relay function (not only API). Meaningful free program to test a load and after that we can even use it in reasonable limits for free. Possibility to purchase dedicated IP address and multi-user management. Available tools for creating email campaigns right in the app. Easy configuration on own domain and good stats.
ConsAPI plan with "only" 100 emails per day for free, but it's understandable.
July 22, 2019
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
May 3, 2019

“A++ SendGrid - Well Done!”

OverallI've been extremely satisfied with SendGrid and it has really helped us drive results for our business. I'd highly recommend to anybody looking for an ESP.
ProsThe ease of use and the ability to customize through their API is extremely easy. The reporting aspect is easy to use and great to incorporate into daily metrics.
ConsWe did the SendGrid Consultation to get our reputation better. Although they gave good insight I thought the value we got out of it didn't offset the actual cost. Also, to keep an ongoing report, it was additional money that was a bit pricey.
May 3, 2019
Ebrahim F.
C# Web Developer
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
January 2, 2019

“Reliable email sending with tracking capabilities”

OverallSendGrid is always reliable as ell as accurate. From the free version to the paid, the quality is always 100%.
ProsI like that you are able to see exactly when a mail was sent and delivered and in some case when it was read as well. It makes tracking so easy. I have had a number of cases where clients requested proof that an email was sent to them and SendGrid never failed to ensure that the needed proof was avalable.
ConsSometimes navigation is a bit of an issue. The menu structure takes a bit getting used to, but I wouldnt change it though.
January 2, 2019
Kyle R.
Transaction Coordinator
Real Estate, 201-500 employees
December 20, 2018

“Amazing customer support team backing a great campaign manager”

OverallWhenever my team has needed assistance, the customer support team has been quick to provide answers (and then follow-ups when we need further help or clarification). They are not there to give a fast answer and be done, they truly want their users to be happy. So that, coupled with their campaign builder and contact manager, we've had a great experience.
ProsA startup I work with needed a way to create, manage, and contact our growing email list. SendGrid really came to the rescue here - because we were constantly collecting new information (new people, but also getting more data from current customers) we wanted a way to update our client records without overwriting everything. SendGrid takes any new data you enter and finds the appropriate record to merge with, rather than overwrite. So we have all of our communications and statistics for clients back to when we first opened the account still!
ConsThe biggest concern is that we need to "warm up" our IP address when we finally splurged and got a dedicated IP from which to send emails. I wish SendGrid would take our email campaign that we want to send and have an option to "batch send" - something like sending out 25-50 emails every hour, rather than all 1000 emails at once.
December 20, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
December 18, 2018

“The most reliable email service provider out there”

OverallI'm a happy customer with numerous different accounts for over 5 years now.
ProsFirst and foremost, reliability. Sendgrid never let me down, their sending infrastructure works like a swiss clock. You might want to go the dedicated IP route if you're serious about your deliverability but it's totally worth it, the transparency and insights you get with it are awesome. They have a lot of small smart things built around their platform, like the drop-in Wordpress plugin for instance Their support service is quick and to the point
ConsThe more advanced features will likely push you to the API, which isn't a bad thing per se, just be aware of it if you want the best integration with 3d party software. The billing part can sometimes be uncomfortable: if you go over your plan limits for say, an hour in a month - you will get billed for the whole next month of the service.
December 18, 2018
Rizwan H.
IT Manager
Wholesale, 51-200 employees
November 20, 2018

“Good Service, Bad Support”

OverallWe are using SendGrid to send out confirmation emails from our website, as well as newsletters. The service works as expected, they have a lot of FAQ's that will answer majority of your questions.
ProsThe functionality of the software is great, sending through SMTP or API calls are quick. Very reliable tool to use for sending mass emails.
ConsNot a fan of their support. There is no number to call, cannot contact support without logging in, which is an issue when they lock out your account. Their support teams takes too long to contact you, and they are bad at following up.
November 20, 2018
Radhika M.
Software Developer
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
May 24, 2019

“Best email marketing software”

OverallI am very much satisfied with the software. It helps to save time for designing emails since it offers a great feature called drag and drop facility. It take very less time to design an email and send. It also offers test email before sending the final email.The pricing is little bit when your contacts and email limit increases otherwise everything is fine.
ProsIt is an easy drag and drop email marketing software. Anyone without technical skills can use this software for sending marketing emails. It is very easy to design emails. The emails will be of responsive so it will fit in all screen sizes. There are so many templates available so you can choose any one and customise according to your need. It is very easy to setup and start your email marketing campaigns. It also offers API for integrating into your website. AB testing helps to know which campaign is performing better. Reporting is very accurate and helps to know how it is performing. Overall a great software for all types of business.
ConsThe template needs to be added more with different categories. The current templates are of old styles.The interface needs to be upgraded with more user friendly panel. Sometime email is getting delayed to deliver.
May 24, 2019
Joe C.
CTO
April 29, 2019

“Excellent Service”

OverallOverall, SendGrid has been a good partner for us and I would recommend them to anyone.
ProsSendGrid is very easy to integrate into existing systems and their API is top notch. The service performs very well and we have not had any issues in this regard. The service has also been very stable with issues very few and far between.
ConsIt is a little on the expensive side. Some of the features are a little limiting in certain circumstances, e.g. batch sends with subusers. The web UI can be a little clunky at times.
April 29, 2019
Martin E.
Senior Programmer
Computer Software, Self-employed
April 12, 2019

“SendGrid solved our email problems”

OverallI've been using SendGrid for years, and recently carried out an update to a CMS system to start sending mail through it. It solved a bunch of email issues that the company in question has been facing for years.
ProsSendGrid takes the headache out of email. No longer do I waste my days trying to work out why outgoing emails are failing, or being reported as spam. I can monitor all outgoing email, generate reports, and spend my day doing useful things instead!
ConsSome of the useful services are paid extras, but that's business, right?
April 12, 2019

“Reliable service for transactionals”

OverallThe service is providing what is paid for. The customer support is on point and reliable.
ProsThe interface seems to be quite professionals. They also offer an abundance of documentation in regards to your sending. They offer additional services to improve deliverability and if you are to send usual promotional emails you can use the warmed up IPs from their essentials package. If you are sending transactionals I would have to recommend only PRO accounts.
ConsThey currently lack substantial features in contact list management ( a bit rigid). They do have an automation feature in BETA that seems to be coming together but still waiting for an official version.
dan vincent t.
Fullstack Web developer
March 24, 2019

“Sendgrid Review”

OverallOverall it is very helpful and you can really used the free plan for small applications that involves more or less 10k emails per month. thats good enough for me given its stability and consistency.
ProsOne of the things i like most in sendgrid is the 99% no bounce rate. it has easy-to-integrate sdk for developers like me using several languages like nodeJS and python or php. In the web app, the representation of your entire activities and transactions are well presented nicely. and you will found out the very little times the email wasn't delivered. You can create your own email template in their for you not to code it upon integration, you will just need to provide the exact fields you are requiring. also one of the fastest delivery time in email. also in the past 3 years i think i subscribed a free plan which has 25,000 emails/month.
ConsJust an improvement which is to make 100% no bounce rate in email sending. and maybe an email notification whenever email bounces. Also the free plan currently has a lesser free emails per month compare before.
March 24, 2019
Ingmar P.
February 4, 2019

“Annoying billing problems every month”

OverallSending 100K emails each month to our customers.
ProsDelivers your emails. Almost always to inbox, sometimes to spam box.
ConsSendgrid is not able to retry billing. If one billing attempt files, then angry message is sent and then you need to have access to computer with whitelisted IP to click "update payment details" or else billing will not happen and service is stopped. Paypal is not possible. This is most annoying and I do not suggest sendgrid to anyone. Cannot trust or suggest service like that.
February 4, 2019
Florencio M.
Business Architect
Information Services, 1-10 employees

“Send and Forget”

OverallYears ago, every time I send emails, I must call to check if the mails reach their destination. The main feature I love in SendGrid is the "Send and Forget"... like a Ground-Air Missile... You fire and your target is dead. All my applications uses Sendgrid because when a Customer calls and say: "I didn't receive the business alerts!" we simply say: "Check your settings and server... We use Sendgrid" and the conversation is over. Aim.... fire.... and forget.
ProsI love the Accuracy, Easy to use and bullet proof stability
ConsPrice scales... it could be more flexible and customizable
Sports, 1-10 employees
November 2, 2018

“Functional, but not perfect”

ProsWe are able to send mailing to our very large list using SendGrid as an intermediary. We actually still use our servers for the actual send.
ConsThey've recently updated their template builder - forcing our hand into a more "dynamic" build option, less WYSIWYG option. This is fine, but the new version of the software doesn't work with our server. So, we are using the "legacy" version. If they ever turn off legacy, which I expect they will, the tool may no longer be useful for us.
November 2, 2018
Ivan S.
Product Manager
July 13, 2018

“Our database sends 1,000+ emails a day via Sendgrid”

OverallWe did not have to set up our mailing server and worry about compliance. Sendgrid would monitor reputation and ensure deliverability.
ProsWe've been using Sendgrid for our notifications since 2013. It was easy to set up, and I once we did it we haven't touched it for years, everything has been working smooth since.
ConsSengrid has recently limited the view of email activity to 3 days. We've used this feature once a month reviewing bounces and drops to maintain our reputation score above 99%.
July 13, 2018
Ajay S.
Co-founder | Data Scientist at Blubyn
June 13, 2018

“The best transactional Email service provider, Email management..”

OverallWe have a startup, Sendgrid provides us free 30000 Email. We have implemented Sendgrid API into our product to send Welcome Emails. So it helps us a lot.
Pros- Provide best transactional Email service - High-grade deliverability, scalability, and reliability when it comes to email management - Very easy to use - Drag and drop feature enhance the efficiency - Campaign email management is easy - I love the template mail feature because it helps in my product a lot
ConsI am a programmer and wanted to implement Sendgrid API in my startup company to send Welcome messages. I used Python, but the official documentation of Sendgrid in Python is very poor. There are lots of issues on Sendgrid Github repository. Apart from this Prices for Sendgrid Services are bit high as compared to other competitors.
June 13, 2018
Mike L.
Author
Publishing, 1-10 employees
April 15, 2018

“Great email delivery service. Can't beat the price!”

ProsSendGrid delivers almost ALL my email reliably. For my volume of email, it's a FREE service. Allows me track my emails through the delivery process, and manually resend when necessary.
ConsThe FREE service does not allow you to use CHAT support. I'd be willing to pay for this feature! They use to move me to better IP groups when the IP group I was in became blacklisted, now they don't. The NEW version of their website's User Interface is not as good for me as the previous version was.
April 15, 2018
Colin W.
Director of Operations
Hospital & Health Care, Unspecified
March 7, 2018

“Awesome software for our company.”

OverallGreat software for any company that send a lot of emails to clients. Automation is key!
ProsSendgrid manages and distributes all of our email notifications to the clients. We normally send about 10,000 + a day and this program lets us monitor who's received it and who's spammed or bouncing them back.
ConsThe layout is hard to navigate if you're logging in for the first time. It does get easier. I wish there was more criteria to search for. Error message reasons do not make sense sometimes.
March 7, 2018
Joel Isaac M.
Co Founder
September 23, 2019

“The marketing email sender”

Overallvery satisfied with sengrid, I really love that you not only can send emails but receive emails and post it to an endpoint URL in your system and catch the email, this functionality is a very useful feature
ProsI've been using SendGrid for 2+ year and it works very well, once you configure all your templates you are ready to start with a complete marketing campaign
Conssome times you have blocked emails coming from your platform because sendgrid IP changes every time you send an email.
September 23, 2019
blake t.
September 19, 2019

“Used to be great but new API is both non functional and not supported at all”

OverallCurrently we are extremely frustrated and disappointed with both the support and the product itself. I would leave tomorrow if we could.
ProsOriginally it gave us full visibility into our emails and helped us get much better tracking on who was receiving what and when. Important to know emails had been delivered as we deal with large numbers of payslips and emails for our clients.
ConsRecently there's been a change with their new API which has been nothing short of woeful. We've had multiple clients either having emails not sent (where did they go?) or sending emails twice because they are getting incorrect feedback that the email hasn't been sent. (delivery report being wrong). This has been for invoices and payslips which are highly sensitive information to be missing or duplicated. It's made us look like fools repeatedly and our clients are furious. Sendgrid literally has one function which is to send emails and it's failing to do that accurately. The response for help in these scenarios has been non-existent at best and negligent at worst despite having been a client for over a year. We haven't had a response to urgent requests for over 4 days and our clients are furious.
September 19, 2019
Andrew R.
Director of Business Intelligence
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
February 14, 2019

“Email solutions to fit your needs”

ProsManaging the delivery of our emails from multiple websites is easy. They make A/B testing painless, and their reporting features are above what I would have expected. Managing unsubscribes is quick to do as you only need to search by name or email and uncheck a box!
ConsFound that some reporting is done on their server's time, and not the timestamp from the sending server, which sometimes makes tracking of emails a bit difficult.
February 14, 2019
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
February 6, 2019

“Sends Emails”

ProsWe connect to SendGrid to send emails through our ERP software. Thousands of emails are sent daily and we rarely have issues. When we do, it's a unique situation.
ConsOccasionally, SendGrid goes down with no notification to us. So we suddenly have hundreds of emails being returned or erroring out and have to chase the problem. I understand that outages happen but a heads up when an error causes downtime for more than an hour would be nice.
February 6, 2019