Groomsoft Ratings

Overall

About Groomsoft

Groomsoft is the simple way to run your pet grooming business. Groomers have told us that Groomsoft text message appointment reminders eliminate no shows. The only grooming software that lets you send pet loss sympathy gifts at the click of a button. Great mapping features for mobile groomers saves time and money with Optimized routing, satellite view, automatic mileage tracking and more. Packed with great features such as, groomer scheduling, time blocking for no grooms, waiting list and more. Learn more about Groomsoft

Shelley M.
Veterinary, 1-10 employees

“Ease of use”

OverallI have had an overall positive experience with Groomsoft. The prices have been reasonable in comparison to other subscription prices. I would highly recommended to anyone that is running a grooming business. It is paperless, a good place to store grooming instructions, and record pass grooms comments. As well as, incidents and customer complaints to avoid future issues with clients. It allows you to set appointments anywhere (mobile phone, home computer, etc). It is a good place to keep track of finances. It easy to see at a glance from month to month and year to year how well the business is doing. In the past, if I had a problem it was easy to get someone from customer support on the phone to walk me through my issues.
ProsI have been using Groomsoft for over over three years. It is easy to use and train employees to use. It allows us to keep track of customers, prices, pass and present groom instructions, incidents, and comments.
ConsCan be confusing to set recurring appointments. Especially when a customer ask for their next appointment. If a customer cancels or changes a recurring appointment it is hard to reset the appointments or restart the appointments from that time on.

By Groomsoft on January 23, 2019
Hi Shelley, Thank you for the great review it really helps us make Groomsoft better for everyone. The Groomsoft Team :-)
Adys M.
Dog Groomer
Used the software for: I used a free trial
July 16, 2019

“I'm Loving this program the more I learn”

OverallMy experience with Groomsoft has been excellent and I will refer your software to others.
ProsThe software itself is very easy with a little help on how certain things work its a great software. I needed something that had everything in one program and this one did still needing the online booking and its is complete great for the money!. and I have been shopping with 123Pets, Gingr, MoeGo and Pawfinity which which was much higher in price and some didn't even have Forms template in them.. Very useful might i add.
ConsThe only problem i see at this time is Groomsoft doesn't have online booking :(.. for most of us groomers we need this its important!

By Groomsoft on August 20, 2019
Hi Adys, Thank you for the great review. Online appointments will be available soon. :-) -The Groomsoft Team
July 16, 2019
Debra N.
Certified Feline Master Groomer
Veterinary, Self-employed
March 13, 2019

“Groomsoft for Small Grooming Salon”

OverallIt is fairly easy to use. Quite basic but for a small business it is adequate. The customer service is very good and Representative is VERY quick to reply when contacted.
ProsQuite customizable, I can keep a lot of information on the client and pet, as well as unlimited photos and information about each groom on each client's pet. I also like that I can enter the services/fees and have it all calculated for me, including separating out tips and I think the "reports" are very good.
Cons1) I really dislike not being able to put just a birth year in for a cat. Many clients do not know when their cats were born as not all are purebred...many are from shelters. I have to skip that entry and put a birth year in the "notes" and then I am unable to quickly glance at the cat's age on future visits - I have to look at the date of their first visit and calculate from the year to the present to see their age. I would like to be able to put: - day/month/year OR month/year OR year and have it automatically show me their age each time I enter a new appointment.

By Groomsoft on March 18, 2019
Hi Debra, Thank you for the excellent review. :-) The Groomsoft Team
March 13, 2019
Katie W.
vice president
Hospitality, 1-10 employees

“Great Program!”

OverallOverall we have been very happy with Groomsoft. I love that you take suggestions and upgrade it regularly
ProsThe ability to make appointments anywhere and any time. I can easily see what is booked for which groomer at a glance. It really is very easy to use once you learn it. The customer service, as rarely as Ive used it, is fantastic and fast.
ConsIt takes a little while to figure out all the ins and outs. I feel like some things are a little repetitive and others are not as useful as they could be. I love the idea of the waiting list but am finding that if i move an appointment as opposed to creating a new one, it stays on the waiting list. I also would love to change the time that the reminder texts go out and haven't been able to figure that out.

By Groomsoft on January 22, 2019
Hi Katie, Thank you for the great review. :-) A team member from support will be emailing you so we can better understand your experience while using the waiting list and help answer your question about changing the appointment reminder times. The Groomsoft Team
Eri T.
Groomer
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2019

“Precious Groomsoft!”

ProsIts quite efficient! Life saver. We are a team of 4 groomers and we all are very satisfied on how easily we can set up appointments keep grooming notes, and super easy access to read previous grooming notes, upload pictures of doggies, running commission and tips reports, tender a transaction is wow!! its all there.!!
ConsThe only thing missing is online booking feature. I use square appointments and its a pain updating appointments to groomsoft. When will it be available?

By Groomsoft on September 13, 2019
HI Eri, Thank you for the great review. We are always working to add more features to Groomsoft and online booking is on our list for 2019. Please call us at 866-677-0909 or email us at support@mrrtech.com if you have any questions. Have a great day! The Groomsoft Team :-)
September 12, 2019
Michelle A.
Dog Groomer
August 13, 2016

“Great Technical Service”

OverallGroomsoft is very easy to use and has many features. Groomsoft now allows you to create your own templet, which is an awesome feature. Shawn in the Tech dept. did an awesome job working with me to create my own personalized templet.
ProsEasy to use, very automated, very affordable, helpful customer service, great overall format.
ConsA couple of options not currently available for mobile groomers, but hopefully will come in the future. The mobile version does not always communicate with the desktop version.
Recommendations to other buyersWould love to have a mileage variable to add to my templet. Would love to have a option in the services section for adding discounts. For example, being able to select a $5 discount for a client which would automatically minus $5 off their total price.

By Groomsoft on August 14, 2016
Thank you for the awesome review. We do have coupons in Groomsoft that if added to the appointment would deduct the discount. Coupons could be created by going to Settings > Manage Coupons. After they are created, you can add them to the appointment by clicking the Coupons link in the receipt area and selecting the coupon.
August 13, 2016
Judy N.
Owner, Professional Dog Groomer
Animation, Self-employed
February 11, 2019

“Love this iCloud appointment service”

OverallThis software became available approximately 1.5 years after I started my business. Lifesaver! I was so tired of all the laborious record keeping I needed to do on calendars, spread sheets - Keeping handwritten grooming notes on cards etc. I always felt things were incomplete. Groomsoft saved my sanity and I gained confidence. Always a glance away is the schedule and details needed for grooming my furry clients.
ProsIt is easy to use and can be accessed through all of my smart devices as well as the desktop computer. Away from the grooming shop, no problem I can set appointments on the fly if I receive texts or phone calls from clients.
ConsCan not say there's any thing I feel negative about.

By Groomsoft on February 12, 2019
Hi Judy, Thank you for the great review. :-) The Groomsoft Team
February 11, 2019
Dawn P.

“Groomsoft Review”

OverallBeen with Groomsoft for a few years now and so far so good!! Whenever I have a problem they get back to me right away and get the problem fixed as soon as possible. I would recommend Groomsoft.
ProsIt's easy to use and if you make a mistake on something it can be easily fixed. I like that I get a response from Groomsoft right away when I have a question or problem. It has everything you need to keep track of your business needs for grooming.
ConsStill could use some updates (to be able to split tips and add multiple groomer to one dog)

Hi Dawn, Thank you for the good review. :-) The Groomsoft Team
Wendy M.
Master Groomer/Owner

“Great Program”

OverallI have nothing bad to say at all. When I have ever had an issue, or even an idea , I email Groom soft and get a response with in hours. They fix the problem or help me fix it, and they actually look at the ideas that I have submitted and even put one to use. This is a great addition to your business.
ProsThis is easy to navigate and make changes. I love that there are so many things you can do with this other than just scheduling appointments
ConsThe help menu could use some work with subjects that or not common and if they are maybe a one word search for them.

Hi Wendy, Thank you for your great review and feedback. :-) The Groomsoft Team
Loel M.
Owner/Groomer
Veterinary, Self-employed
March 6, 2019

“Mobile Grooming by Loel in Walnut Creek, California”

OverallGreat from the get go!
ProsThe flexibility and the responsiveness of the staff. I love the color coding which I actually use for charting my routes.
ConsI have wanted to make a note in a client's appointment that only applies to that day - rather than having to go through a more formal process of entering it under client notes or pet notes. This would be a handy addition to the appointment scheduler.

By Groomsoft on March 12, 2019
Hi Loel, Thank you for the excellent review and the suggestion. :-) -The Groomsoft Team
March 6, 2019
Melissa F.
Pet groomer/ Owner
January 16, 2019

“Groomsoft is Awesome!”

ProsGroomsoft is easy to use and is very useful in many ways with my pet grooming business. Making appointments and especially the reminder feature is awesome! They listen to your ideas and make changes and updates all the time. Helpful online help with any issue you may have. FB Community page is great too.
ConsNothing bad to say!! If you dont like something then let them know!

By Groomsoft on January 17, 2019
Hi Melissa, Thank you for the excellent review. We really appreciate it. -The Groomsoft Team
January 16, 2019
Beth T.
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
June 24, 2018

“We have been using GS for 3 years and live it.”

ProsPrice is great. Easy to use. In 3 years it has never been down except for once and that was only for about 20 minutes. Great customer service.
ConsWhen printing the receipt I wish it had the groomers name on it. I also wish it would let you edit the text messages sent out because I don't want them to reply back.

By Groomsoft on January 17, 2019
Hi Beth, Thank you for the excellent review. I added your comments below to a list we maintain for consideration on future updates to Groomsoft. -The Groomsoft Team
June 24, 2018
Leigh W.
March 10, 2019

“I love it”

OverallI love that I can access the program anywhere and at any time. The report features are super convenient. Text reminders are a God send! The new mass text feature is wonderful.
ProsIts packed with features and is affordably priced!
ConsNot being able to easily identify days off. Not being able to add multiple vacations, or individual vacation days.

By Groomsoft on March 14, 2019
Hi Leigh, Thank you for the excellent review. :-) Your suggestions are great and will help us make Groomsoft even better. -The Groomsoft Team
March 10, 2019
Carrie G.
February 1, 2019

“Review for Groomsoft”

ProsMy business loves Groomsoft. It is very easy to use. The software often gets updated and I am always pleased with the new features. Dog grooming is a challenging schedule, so I am so pleased to find software that really understands how to navigate the complexities.
ConsI like everything about the software. No complaints.

By Groomsoft on February 7, 2019
Hi Carrie, Thank you for giving us an excellent review. :--) -The Groomsoft Team
February 1, 2019
Jessica M.
Owner/groomer

“Great software”

ProsGreat price, easy to use. Groomsoft helps me keep track of income, expenses, customers and appointments. Also sends reminders which cuts down on the number of no show appointments.
ConsThere are a few features that I would love to see added, however groomsoft is always improving its software.

By Groomsoft on January 23, 2019
Hi Jessica, Thank you for the review. :-) Please send your suggestions to our support team at support@mrrtech.com.
Magda A.
October 1, 2019

“Listening to the customer”

OverallExceptional
ProsThis software is exactly what we need to keep our business in control and keep on growning, the team is amazing on listening to our suggestions and implementing them
ConsNothing we have been growing together, it has been a great experience

By Groomsoft on October 9, 2019
Hi Magda, Thank you for the great review. :-) -The Groomsoft team
October 1, 2019
Joe I.

“Great program”

OverallVery good
ProsI like the ease of the program and the reports. I am a apsentee owner and with this program I can see everything that is being charged and how it was charged right on my phone. I can even book an appointment when the shop is closed with no problem.
ConsI would like if it had a business program like quick books in the program

By Groomsoft on January 24, 2019
Hi Joe, Thank you for the great review. :-) Quick books integration is in development. If you have not done so already, join the Groomsoft Community Facebook group. The Groomsoft Community group will get the the latest news regarding Groomsoft and its a great place for Groomsoft subscribers to help each other. The Groomsoft Team.
Tammy J B.
Owner / Operator
Retail, 1-10 employees

“Easy and Functional”

OverallGreat! Love the software and the customer service is excellent.
ProsIt is easy to use and customize for every groomer by color coding.
ConsThe cost of text message reminders is kinda high, but so is every other scheduling software.

Hi Tammy, Thank you for the excellent review. :-) The Groomsoft Team
Michelle M.
Owner/Groomer
Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

“Wonderful”

ProsConstantly updating to new and useful tools. Customer service is great. Easy to use. Great features.
ConsI have ideas I wish I could implement myself. But I'm not a member of the tech team. Boo. Lol

By Groomsoft on January 24, 2019
Hi Michelle, Thank you for the great review. :-) We want to hear your ideas. Send an email to support@mrrtech.com or use the help menu option within Groomsoft to send us your suggestions. The Groomsoft Team.
Chris B.
Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

“Great software ”

OverallI love it but it's annoying to go back to the appointment that was just checked out to switch to completed. Checking out should switch it automatically to completed!!
ProsEasy to use customer friendly but needs updates
Cons Checking out, should automatically switch to completed

By Groomsoft on January 22, 2019
Hi Chris, Thank you for the great review. We really appreciate it. :-) When checking out an appointment the appointment status changes automatically to "Checked out". Groomsoft considers both Checked out and Completed appointments as the same. To make it easier to see both Completed and Checkout Appointments you can give them the same status color.
Sheriese H.
Owner/operator
Veterinary, 1-10 employees

“How Groomsoft Rocks”

OverallI like that groomsoft adds up me numbers for me.....makes managing the IRS a lot easier.
ProsI love all the different reports you have to chose from. I need to learn more about the expenses though.
ConsI like all of it.....wth..like I said, you Rock!!!!

By Groomsoft on January 29, 2019
Hi Sheriese, Thank you for the great review. :-)
Katarina K.
January 30, 2019

“Great scheduling system for services providers ”

OverallWe like it a lot!
ProsI like the ease of use. New employees always learn it quick. Allows you to choose text message appointments reminder great feature. We wonder if it could be day before appointment as second reminder? I know they remind almost a week prior an appointment..
ConsTo send appointments reminders day before actual appointments as second reminder or 2 days before.. also when employees leave company and you need to edit them as inactive they disappear of the scheduling as well which is strange.

By Groomsoft on February 1, 2019
Hi Katarina, Thank you for the great review. :-) Yes you have the option to send appointment reminders 1 day prior. Check out this video from our YouTube options. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBKUA2SYuIQ This video explains how to manage your appointment reminders. The Groomsoft Team.
January 30, 2019
John R.
Owner/groomers
Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees
January 26, 2019

“Thank you”

OverallGroomsoft has taken a lot of paperwork off of me and has given me a lot of time with my family back. Not having to remember to send reminders out every night is a blessing!
ProsI love the SMS option. Customers love not having to remember, the software does it for them.
ConsI wish that when a customer texted the reminder number we could get a notice somehow that someone had texted that number

By Groomsoft on January 29, 2019
Hi John, Thank you for good review. :-) The Groomsoft Team
January 26, 2019
Jessica L.
Pet Groomer

“Easy to use!”

ProsGroomsoft is very easy to use and I am able to keep all of my clients and appointments organized.
ConsThere is nothing about this program that I don't like

By Groomsoft on February 2, 2019
Hi Jessica, Thank you for the awesome review. :-) The Groomsoft Team
Laura L.
Dog groomer
Self-employed
November 14, 2017

“I love this software and the customer service is A+”

OverallEasy database to use and search , easy scheduling and checkout
ProsEasy to use, great search features a nd if something is cumbersome or difficult you just call and you get help . He is always open to feedback
ConsI am happy with the software as it is. Any feedback I have given has always been met with software changes.

By Groomsoft on November 15, 2017
Hi Laura, Thank you for the great review. Sincerely, Your Groomsoft Team
November 14, 2017
Masa N.
Used the software for: I used a free trial
July 19, 2019

“It like your own personal assistant!”

ProsVery intuitive software that has all the necessary things to run a business. Its not clunky and is easy to learn.
ConsI needed a feature that this software did not have but its because I do some different things, not a con but just throwing it out there.

By Groomsoft on July 22, 2019
Hi Masa, Thank you for your review. Please send your suggestions to support@mrrtech.com :-) Team Groomsoft
July 19, 2019