LearnUpon Ratings

Overall

About LearnUpon

LearnUpon's LMS helps you to train your employees, partners, and customers. Our platform is built to deliver high-quality corporate learning experiences in a scalable way. Manage, track, and achieve your learning goals all through a single, powerful solution. By putting your goals first, we make sure that every learning opportunity is an experience that advances employee, partner, and customer success so you can get more out of corporate learning. Get your FREE TRIAL now. Learn more about LearnUpon

Philip W.
Vice President, Enterprise Learning
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
September 5, 2019

“Intuitive, Aesthetic & Economical Solution with Rock Star Cx Support”

OverallWhen evaluating solutions, the LearnUpon sales team was responsive from day 1 -- you sometimes have sales teams who show up and read you their demo script, but LU showed up to listen first, and ask questions, and then demo how they could meet our needs. The trial version gave us an opportunity to test out branding and functionality requirements. Branding the trial portal to reflect our corporate look and feel was a slam dunk, took maybe 1 hour max. In fact we were able to go live with no additional portal branding effort, and our company maintains a high aesthetic bar. In the full version we spent time designing all aspects of the portal exactly how we wanted them. There's enough granularity to meet our need without the pointless option overload that so often can sacrifice intuitive usability. Our dedicated Customer Success Manager was ready, willing, and able to offer suggestions, take questions back to the team, and help us push the solution to maximum value. (I've worked with the LMS "big guys" too, who keep you on hold for 20 min to answer a simple question and dole out onboarding support by the spoonful -- LearnUpon always makes me feel like I'm one IN a million, never of of the million). Setting up SSO was a breeze with our Confluence gateway. We launched in April and are growing client users by about 10% a week. I honestly can't say enough good stuff about LearnUpon's customer support ethic. They "get" it.
ProsExcellent blend of intuitive aesthetic design and functionality -- LU works the way we need it to work, as we partition projects across portals and clients into self-contained user groups. We're able to maintain our brand presence for clients, meet our organizational goals and our customers' needs effectively -- with little to no compromise on our vision. On top of this, LU customer support is the best in the business.
ConsThere's not much to not like about LearnUpon. The system continues to mature and improve incrementally with each release. More attention could (and is) being paid to Reporting capabilities. Functionality to nest Groups would also be helpful, or minimally the ability to copy an existing Group.
September 5, 2019
Jeanette S.
Consultant and Trainer
Construction, 201-500 employees
September 3, 2019

“Easy for all with consistently responsive customer service”

OverallAn excellent addition to the business that has freed up staff time for coaching activities, streamlined the training function and enabled us to deliver a more comprehensive supported learning pathway for a remotely based network of staff.
ProsIt is quick and easy to develop content without the need for complex software and programmers. Our interactive courses achieve 5 star reviews simply using the tools provided with the system. All of our candidates, which now number in the hundreds, are able to navigate the system and complete our courses on a wide range of devices. We were concerned that candidates would need technical support we would be unable to deliver. We did not need to worry, technical queries for candidates have been almost non existent. The small number raised by our administrators and course developers have been answered and resolved quickly thanks to LearnUpon's fantastic team.
ConsThere isn't anything we don't like. More tools to help non developers create interactive courses would always be helpful in future developments to help us keep creating. One observation, the current pricing could divert small businesses from dipping their toe which would be a shame given they are the businesses that can most benefit from such a user friendly tool that doesn't require an army of expensive developers, programmers and in-house computer experts.
September 3, 2019
Chris S.
LMS/elearning Specialist
Sports, 51-200 employees
August 19, 2019

“Wonderful product and customer service”

OverallWe have a LOT of users that access our certification courses in LearnUpon. Some days we have over 1000 users logging in. This was a big undertaking for our company to switch our LMS provider. To be honest, the implementation and subsequent usage of LearnUpon could not have gone smoother due to the customer service response and the step by step collaboration they provided for us. This was a very seamless and efficient experience for USA Football.
ProsThe best part of this software is the customer service. I have used several LMS products in my career and, while LearnUpon is very user friendly and has many helpful options, the learning curve for implementation and use was made very easy with the customer support team.
ConsThe parts that were least likable about this software was perhaps the limited ability to change default settings. However, it appears that LearnUpon has taken this into account and are now working on some updates to the software that better align with our needs.
Chris J.
Online Training Manager
Mining & Metals, 51-200 employees
August 16, 2019

“Great Customer Service, Awesome Staff, and a Quality Product ”

OverallWe looked at twelve Learning Management Systems before choosing LearnUpon. We needed and LMS that would host on a reliable server they maintain, integrate with Salesforce easily, and not break the bank. LearnUpon has delivered on all points, and more. They met, and exceeded, all expectations and continue to improve every month. Our decision was made several years go. Since signing on with LearnUpon, I have had the pleasure of communicating with several staff members in various scenarios, and all of them are great. I have permission from the reps to call them out personally in this review as outstanding, kind, intelligent, and amazing humans. (To be fair, everyone at LearnUpon is pretty great, but the reps are just too cool for words.)
ProsIt always works; servers do not go down. Learner issues are minimal. Any problems are usually due to issues outside LearnUpon's control. 24-hour support response is quick, robust, and almost always dead-on. When you sign up, you get an account manager who helps you through your implementation to suit your workflows. The team actually listens to upgrade requests and bug reports. I know, because I see solutions implemented. Further, a member of the team usually contacts me to let me know my request was addressed and available in the software. In addition to listening to upgrade requests and bug reports, the team actually seems happy that I contacted them with an issue. There appears to be a genuine desire to provide the best software and have the happiest group of clients on the planet, which speaks volumes as to the culture at LearnUpon. When your clients can see that you have a great culture, you are winning.
ConsSupport is via email. Sometimes it is time-consuming, or difficult, to communicate and resolve a problem in writing. That being said, I can always email my account manager for complex issues, who is happy to engage via a phone call; typically the same day. Things you want aren't always discoverable on your own. I have often called in to ask about a feature and am told someone has to flip a switch to activate the option. While I understand that this procedure is to keep the software usable and protect us from ourselves, which I appreciate, I also like the freedom to explore a little more on my own. To be fair, I rarely have time to read the blog posts and other information from LearnUpon. Perhaps these features are mentioned in the blogs. They do not offer an integrated Learning Record Store, so I haven't had the opportunity to use my xAPI data as robustly as I would like. I actually do not even know what I could do because I do not have a Learning Record Store to play with.
August 16, 2019
Richard S.
Chief Executive
May 20, 2013

“LearnUpon: Very Satisfied Customer”

ProsThe perfect LMS for commercial training companies. Great customer portal functionality, with really smart branding and white labeling options that impress our clients and are easy to configure. The LearnUpon LMS is intuitive, versatile, smart and affordable. It has great exam and survey features; easy to build, great learner experience and with useful, detailed reporting with filter and export options. Content writing within the LMS is great; can easily add text, images, documents, videos and audio content, as well as very simple upload of SCORM content. The technical support is first class; immediate and very helpful. The eCommerce feature is really easy to setup up (just need a PayPal account) and provides a professional purchasing experience for our customers, with added features such as discount codes.
ConsThe few limitations of the system that I have fed back to LearnUpon have either been immediately addressed or are planned for imminent updates. LearnUpon are continuously developing the LMS, with new features released every few weeks. In their clear commitment to developing the product they really listen to any feedback and take immediate action to improve the product. LearnUpon are a small company in their infancy, which was a slight concern when signing up with them initially. I asked myself the question 'will they still be around in 5 years time?'. After some research, trialing the system and speaking with them I was left very comfortable in tying our future to theirs. In just a couple of years they have developed the very best LMS for training companies on the market and it's still getting better every month. I am very confident they were the right horse to back and I'm excited about the opportunities for our company from their continuous investment in the LMS.
May 20, 2013
Richard L.
Learning Development Manager
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
July 17, 2018

“LearnUpon is easy to use as an admin and easy to imp0lement”

OverallEasiest LMS I have used to implement and manage.
ProsI tested several LMS' based on my requirements. The main thing I wanted to see if I could setup content and courses in each without having to dig into the user guide. I found once I figured out were to go for what I wanted to do the setup was easy. The SAML SSO integration was fairly easy and support was very attentive. Our Customer Success Specialist has been very helpful and provided a great plan for us to get started. I should have taken advantage of this resource more. They are in Ireland and we are in California, but you would never even know that when you contact support, they have been very responsive. Even if they did not have the answer they got back quickly to let me know they would get the answer.
ConsThe SSO Integrations was easy, but we are seeing issues with the enrollments not properly being assigned. It is hard to diagnose if this is from our end or LU. I have noticed a few issues where users are enrolled in learning paths or courses and their dashboard will not display the content. When you make updates to content (videos or assessments) I have seen a few occasions when the user is supposed to have to re-take the test or course and they cannot. Essentially they are stuck. In fairness, the setup I did caused this issue, but when it was adjusted they were still stuck. Reports are limited. I really need a monthly Users report, but it does not reside in reports. I have to actually export the Users list, then user Excel to sort and filter. I feel this should be this cannot be a simple automated report.
July 17, 2018
Trevor R.
Learning & Development Business Partner
Retail, 1001-5000 employees
July 23, 2019

“Great ROI from LearnUpon & Postive User feedback ”

OverallLU has enabled Eason to deliver impactful skills development modules and critical knowledge-building interventions with assurances on accuracy and consistency across our store-based workforce. This is achieved without any demand being placed on critical resource in store to deliver new knowledge and skill to the team. I continue to find the LU solution for Eason represents considerable return on our investment. User feedback on programmes hosted on our LU portals strongly suggest that our employees enjoy the learning experience on offer.
ProsWith a workforce in excess of 1,000 employees, many of whom have worked with Eason for over 15 years, almost all staff whether 'tech-savvy' or not, have found our LearnUpon portals to be easy to access, navigate and use. LearnUpon have made it easy to customise the look and feel of the portal with corporate colours and branding. This has helped to establish online learning within Eason as part of our overall L&D strategy and demonstrates to our teams that the organisation is making strong investment in the development of our people through elearning methodologies. Finally the support offered by the LearnUpon team means that any issues or requirements are addressed and resolved; far sooner than expected in terms of time, whilst also exceeding expectation on the practicality and usability of solutions offered.
ConsVery little. Perhaps some additional reporting criteria would be useful when tracking progress across numerous user groups.
July 23, 2019
Nathan M.
Director of Research and Development
E-Learning, 1-10 employees

“A Great Partner”

OverallI would wholeheartedly recommend Learnupon as an LMS. They are a cost-effective and customer-responsive company with an excellent product.
ProsThere are two benefits to working with Learnupon. The first is the LMS itself. It is easy to use, has a number of very helpful automated features which save me time and effort, and it integrates well with my authored content. The second benefit is the Learnupon staff. They are available when needed and if there are any problems they quickly follow-up and get my problems taken care of.
ConsOne frustrating thing with any LMS is integration with authored content (e.g. storyline). With authored content sometimes you don't know why things aren't working. Early in my e-learning career, I had a lot of problems getting my authored content to work properly on Learnupon. With some help and coaching from Learnupon, I found that it was mostly the way I was building my projects and, with some restructuring, things are now working great. Learnupon has helped me work through my own learning curve.
stephen G.
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
September 6, 2019

“Great product backed by a super team of people!”

OverallWe were one of the early clients and the one factor that consistently keeps us using the platform, above all else, is the fact the level of service from day one (when LearnUpon was only starting out) was amazing. As they have grown to become a leader in the LMS space, that level of service has never changed.
ProsWe have both used and engaged (via clients) with a broad range of LMS products. The LearnUpon solution is by far one of the easiest and effective solutions we have come across. They are constantly looking to increase functionality and in my opinion are working at the edge of the latest developments in LMS solutions.
ConsHonestly very little! I would like more flexibility around messaging as we deal with both the B2B market and also the B2C. The latter requires more frequency around messaging but we have found simple solutions to work alongside the LearnUpon platform.
September 6, 2019
Dave T.
Chief Business Development Officer
Restaurants, 1001-5000 employees
April 10, 2019

“A Great LMS - with an attractive User Interface”

OverallThe versatile training platform allows our employees to log in and view training material remotely on any device. New material can be uploaded in a matter of minutes. Easy to follow formats keep the learner engaged and on task. The easy-to-use Dashboard make navigation simple. A great product, I would promote to anyone.
ProsPros: Overall management, ease of use, functionality at all levels are major time-saving benefits. Being able to brand our company makes even our newest employees feel like they are rally part of something bigger. As an administrator, the ability remote connection from anywhere is amazingly effective. The Customer Support is Outstanding. Using Learning Paths for step-by-step training has simplifies the learning process.
ConsOccasional glitches with new user log in. However, any issues that have come up over the years were immediately corrected by tech support.
April 10, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees

“Excellent LMS! ”

OverallThis is perhaps the best experience I've ever had with a new product roll out. The customer service is leaps and bounds over any other company I've ever worked with.
ProsWe love the ease of use and the clean UI. It was really simple to jump in and start setting up our portal and when we got hung up they offer tons of resources to help you out. On the off chance that I couldn't find the answer, the LU team has always quickly answered me and I don't believe I've waited over a few hours for an answer from them.
ConsThe certificates are a little wonky, but I've been assured they are working on an update for this feature.
Jodi B.
Risk Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
August 28, 2019

“Learn Upon - Wonderful LMS and Customer Service!”

OverallCustomer Service is Awesome - we receive a prompt response to any question from our LearnUpon customer service rep and team, as well as friendly support and assistance throughout implementation of our employee training.
ProsOur Learn Upon customer representative is fantastic, along with the entire customer service team. The LMS is extremely user friendly from the standpoint of creating courses, up-loading and customizing content. Our employee-related user issues have significantly decreased since switching to Learn Upon.
ConsCan't really think of anything negative - any issues that are raised are immediately addressed.
Stephen C.
E-Learning Coordinator
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
October 4, 2017

“A fantastic LMS. Well-designed, regular updates, excellent customer service.”

ProsLearnUpon's features are robust, but it is still simple to use. It's easy to maintain on the admin side, and I don't get questions from my learners about "where do I click." I can't say enough about the quality of service LearnUpon provides to its customers. My LearnUpon rep regularly contacts me to ask about our needs and to keep me informed of new features. Tech support responds to any issues I have within hours, and they'll work until the issue is completely resolved. LearnUpon actually listens to its customers when deciding what features to add or update. Great company, great product.
ConsAs a non-profit organization, most of our e-learners are voluntary. We depend on learners' self-motivation to continue learning, so we would value more features (such as social sharing) that help users stay engaged with the platform.
October 4, 2017
Amanda K.
May 4, 2015

“Unbeatable customer service and constantly evolving ”

OverallLearnUpon's mission was to build an LMS that is quick to setup, super easy to use and backed up by exceptional customer support. They have, without a doubt, succeeded on all three goals. I was up and running with my first course in minutes. The interface is intuitive, easy on the eyes, and super clean. My clients have benefited from LearnUpon's quick portal set-up. I have been able to create customized demonstration portals, fully branded and populated with example user groups, courses, assessments, surveys, and reports, in a matter of hours allowing me to show the value of a learning portal to my clients based on their unique needs. It is fun to see how LearnUpon's LMS can solve challenges my clients and I have. As I experiment with the array of options for course content, learning paths, assessment, and reporting I frequently refer to their detailed Administrators Manual and well organized Knowledge Base to make sure I am utilizing all of the possibilities LearnUpon's LMS had to offer. When I have a question the documentation can't answer, LearnUpon's superior customer service offers expertise and professionalism unlike any I have experienced with a software product. Shane, Lisa, Carrie, Ian, Des and everyone else on the LearnUpon team are a pleasure to work with. My questions are often answered within hours and those that require a little investigation are followed up on in a timely and professional manner. The knowledgeable and prompt customer service LearnUpon provides has helped me build trust with my clients who have been burned in the past by apathetic support from other vendors. LearnUpon is always improving their product and services to their customers. They look to the industry for what features could help learners get the training and education they need to succeed. I highly recommend them if you are looking to invest in an LMS for your organization or for your growing training business.
May 4, 2015
Brian B.
IT Support Specialist
Food Production, 51-200 employees
January 8, 2018

“Excellent Customer Support & Easy to use!”

OverallOur training can be done remotely and without very little help from us for setup and use. Keeps the trainee more interested in learning. Less worry about having to redo old PowerPoint Slides and other documents Constantly.
ProsI like how easy it is to cost, setup, management, ease of use, branding per company and remote connection from anywhere you have an internet connection. Above everything else the Customer Support is Outstanding and one of the main reasons we chose this company.
ConsThe video functionality and importing. We had to buy a 3rd party app to product content because it LearnUpon does not support certain file types or editing. The upload can take a while depending on how much content and bandwidth you have. We actually found that using a 3rd party app for our videos works better for us than most other software can offer. Ultimately, this inst that bad of a trade-off for the customer support and constant functionality updates to the program.
January 8, 2018
KariAnn D.
Director of Education
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

“User-friendly”

ProsThe ease of use on both the administrator and user side is fabulous.
ConsThere were some features that I needed/would have liked to use. With the suggestions, they have been moving forward with their development team to make changes and improvements to their platform. My Customer Success Manager meets with me frequently to discuss any issues I have and to update me on any changes that will be forthcoming to the platform. The level of communication from LU is excellent.
Translation and Localization, 501-1000 employees
September 20, 2016

“LaernUpon - great product, excellent customer service”

OverallIn an organisation with approx. 1000 employees an LMS was an essential part of our professional development program. The implementation was simple and live within 3 days. The UI is clean, intuitive and allows both users and administrators to focus on receiving and delivering content rather than figuring out how to navigate the system. Within the first 5 months after implementation, 76% of our global team members undertook some training within LearnUpon and reaffirmed our organisation's serious commitment to training and developing talent.
ProsSimple, clean UI Intuitive Unlimited and timely customer support Cost effective Progressive development (takes on customer feedback to make decisions on new features) SSO integration
ConsOne or two features which would have been useful (eg integration with webex tools) but this is now on the roadmap
Recommendations to other buyersI would definitely recommend LearnUpon - quick, easy, simple to use and highly effective at delivering your training content
September 20, 2016
Richard Smith .
November 10, 2013

“The perfect LMS for commercial training companies”

OverallI highly recommend LearnUpon to any training company serious about providing its customers with a superb eLearning experience. We invested heavily in developing stunning eLearning content and needed an LMS to match. After six months of trialing countless different systems I was losing hope of finding one, then I discovered LearnUpon and haven't looked back. I don't feel like I have just bought a product, I feel like I have entered into a partnership with a highly skilled, ambitious and professional team of LMS experts. They're a young, vibrant, ambitious team who definitely put their customers at the very centre of what they do. They understand that their customers aren't buying a system, they're buying a means for taking their eLearning products to market. I believe that you can only be as good as your worst supplier - since adopting the LearnUpon LMS our customers and their learners have gained much added value and overall a superb eLearning experience. We use LearnUpon to provide direct access to our eLearning to end-users and we also provide our larger clients with a branded portal on the system so they can administer and manage their staff's access to our eLearning courses. It works perfectly in both cases.
ProsGreat customer portal functionality, with really smart branding and white labeling options Intuitive, versatile, smart and affordable. Really easy to use and maintain.
ConsNone. It does everything we need it to do and more. Our eLearning courses are relatively short (60-90 mins). I therefore cannot speak for how well it would work with heavier courses, although I see no reason why it wouldn't be just as good.
November 10, 2013
Gregory B.
Chief Business Officer
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
August 26, 2019

“Learn Upon hits the mark!”

OverallIt has been a very easy partnership. We were cautiously optimistic about the customer service during the sales process and have become raving fans post with our actual experience.
ProsThe tool is excellent and meets all the needs we identified in our acquisition process... but the customer support is what has made it a great decision.
ConsSome of the intricacies of how the platform works... an example would be...building test questions in a test bank and pulling them into the course- 2 steps instead of just building the questions in the course. Customer support helped with items like this and helped us build out the process needed to be successful.
August 26, 2019
David E.
May 17, 2013

“Learn Upon - the best LMS for training providers”

Overall100% recommended. I really can't speak highly enough. For our education clients to be using this rather than their own moodle environment speaks volumes to me. Can't recommend it enough
ProsIt is designed for training providers who on-sell both training and managed services to their clients. Many of the features that make this possible are chargeable extras on most LMS platforms are free and built in on LearnUpon. Publishing courses couldn't be easier and adding documents to the course player has been more stable for us than using the functionality within Articulate. We have Universities and a Local Authority that has migrated learning over to our LearnUpon platform so and they are absolutely delighted The quality of customer support is outstanding The frequency of well thought out updates is also impressive. These guys have great vision and really savvy technical skills. The ability to add custom data fields for mass importing saves so much time as we can sync reports with our customers standard systems. I have used dozens of LMS systems and this is the best by a country mile.
ConsNone as yet I would like to see standardised API outputs and I know that this is on the development plan for 2-13
May 17, 2013
Kayla C.
Talent Administrator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
February 25, 2019

“LMS Extraordinare!”

OverallLearnUpon has allowed us to provide options for ILT sessions, taking administration off of the learning team to focus on strategy and design. In addition, LearnUpon puts learning in the hands of the learner!
ProsThis learning system allows for a lot of flexibility in the way it is designed. You are able to setup eLearning, webinars, videos, readings, podcasts / audio, ILT sessions and more! I think the functionality is still growing, but will be maintained in that only relevant features that we need will be added. The LearnUpon team has a great roadmap for development that clearly is based on customer needs for social learning. I think this modern LMS is a strong tool for those interested in implementing an LMS to support their learners' needs.
ConsAlthough the menus are easy to get used to, it is not immediately simple to find for new users. Setting up management reporting relationships can be difficult in this system.
February 25, 2019
Mo Q.
Education Manager
June 17, 2015

“The best LMS for our needs”

OverallWe went with LearnUpon after doing extensive research. They came up top in terms of value for money, having the features we needed, user-friendliness and support. I was concerned that it was too good to be true having had disappointing experiences with LMS's in the past which promise the world then deliver much less than what we expected. With LearnUpon the interface is extremely user-friendly and allows you to upload anything you need whether that be a SCORM module, PDF, video, pictures etc.. The best part is you can customise everything at any time on your own for no cost. If you want to change a banner, welcome message, course description, sign-in screen or store details; you can do so immediately without putting in a build request and waiting for support to get back to you. If you do need support they are always happy to help and guide you every step of the way. We also had to transfer thousands of enrollments from our previous LMS and I had concerns about the transition. The support team at LearnUpon went out of its way to meet our requirements and the few custom builds we required were handled brilliantly with little fuss and at very reasonable rates. They provide extra features we actually use like multi-language platform support, batch uploads and detailed custom reports. With LearnUpon we received an excellent product, within budget and with excellent support along the way. I couldn't be happier with our decision to select them as our LMS.
June 17, 2015
James W.
IT Support Specalist
December 1, 2014

“LearnUpon is a great company to do business with”

Overall LearnUpon is a great company to do business with. They are very responsive to our needs. We had an issue where we had to import several hundred questions into their LMS. They built a custom solution for us that saved us hundreds of man-hours. They also built a custom report that allowed us to import LearnUpon score data into our CRM database. The customer service is outstanding. Whenever I submitted a trouble ticket I usually had a response the same day. The people at LearnUpon made our transition to their LMS problem free. The LearnUpon LMS is pretty robust. The biggest pro here is that it is easy to create content. Uploading pdf files, powerpoint presentations, and videos is a snap and the editor is quite powerful. You have a lot of freedom to determine how your content is presented. The only con with this LMS is the way the User Interface, UI, handles disabled features. If you don't have a feature enabled then all the functionality for that feature disappears from the UI. This simplifies the UI somewhat, but it can cause some confusion when a user wants to do something and the feature has disappeared. As far as the overall impression of the LMS the pros far out weigh the cons. This is a very powerful, and easy to use LMS system. The people at LearnUpon have been willing to work with us to solve our urgent LMS business needs. They have been tremendous asset for us.
December 1, 2014
Leslie D.
MIS Administrator
April 21, 2015

“Great for teams with no dedicated IT staff!”

OverallWe're a small non-profit that offers training to learners outside of our organization. We were using an enterprise LMS that was fully customizable, but VERY expensive, and not at all user-friendly. We needed a hosted system that was affordable, customizable, and allowed for several different training modalities (documents, videos, SCORM content, and Instructor-led sessions). We also needed something that didn't require us to have dedicated IT staff to manage it. We found ALL of this in LearnUpon. We've been using LearnUpon for almost a year and it has been working very well for us. It is a template-based LMS with so many customizable options - and all of the "behind-the-scenes" work is already done! The user interface is very intuitive and easy to use. You can add artwork, change color schemes, customize user data and email templates, add your own certificates, etc. With the "template" design of the system, we did have to figure a few "workarounds" to make it work for us. I have found their customer service to be top-notch. They are responsive, professional and helpful. Any issues I've had, they worked with me until we found a solution. They also seem to be very responsive to the needs of their customers. In the time I've been working with the system, I've seen several improvements based on customer feedback. I would recommend this company to anyone needing an LMS solution!
April 21, 2015
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

“LearnUpon Customer Experience”

OverallGood software, but too expensive for our business
ProsIt is fairly easy to brand and has lots of sensible tools for engaging with your client base
ConsI needed to be talked through a lot of the tools. The online help & support is okay, but quite difficult to understand
Ewa K.
Inside Sales Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1000 employees
August 5, 2019

“Easy to use & flexible to implement across multi-functional company ”

OverallUniformity of training across all business units - same message and materials are delivered to all learners at the same time
ProsLearnUpon is very intuitive for both administrator and the learner. It provides great options for providing training/learning materials without being overwheliming with bells and whitles.
ConsMany options that I have not been able to explore and use! It is not a con... I need more time to learn about LU to its fullest capacity.
August 5, 2019
Rebecca M.
Content Developer
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
January 8, 2019

“Feature packed, easy to use, AWESOME support”

OverallI've worked with several LMSes and this is by far the best in terms of ease of use, functionality, and customer support, and cost.
Pros- Easy to use - Packed with features that are intuitive and that work to your advantage - Rarely ever have to use workarounds to do what I want - Customer support is WORLD CLASS.
Cons- Migration of your transcript information from your old LMS to LearnUpon comes at a fee. The rest of the work (migrating content, migrating users) is up to you. - Occasionally there are features I wish did a certain thing, and I contacted my success representative and he helps me figure out how to do it a different way! This is very rare!
January 8, 2019
Alex A.
eLearning developer
May 23, 2016

“Stable, clean, and streams beautifully (even in Australia!)”

OverallIn soliciting Capterra to help choose an LMS for my client, the main need was to stream SCORM mods globally in four countries. Many providers are US focused and can't deliver a seamless experience (dire experience with Litmos!) Migrating to LearnUpon has been effortless and with support in both hemispheres my client felt truly supported. LearnUpon has just the right amount of features for corporate training without all the unnecessary bells 'n whistles. However, more features are in the pipeline and in a matter of weeks a brand new sparkling UI (User Interface) will be launched which will afford a more natural, gamified experience. The system took a little while to get used to in terms of defining and setting up roles so am hoping the new UI will make it more obvious what the nuances are. A big issue we had was getting our articulate mods to be responsive which is not currently supported. Again, the new UI should make this more usable for mobile users. Overall experience has been great and where we had issues or queries our Account Manager has bent over backwards to assist. Would highly recommend.
May 23, 2016
Brian C.
Online Coordinator
December 13, 2013

“Outstanding LMS.”

OverallPros : Easy to use, intuitive, reliable LMS at a great price. Excellent customer service. Extremely courteous and accommodating. Incredible technical support. Course creation doesn't get any easier. Great reporting functions. Constantly updated with the latest market trends and developments. Catered to our needs perfectly. Cons : Any initial minor issues that we encountered were quickly addressed and solved for us. Overall : When starting up an online education business, finding the right Learning Management System is the crucial first step. Having trialled numerous LMS systems, I was beginning to feel that we would have to take the plunge and build an extremely costly personalised system. I then came across LearnUpon and was blown away with its ease of use, great features, great personal service, and extremely competitive pricing. From the first time that I logged in, I knew that I had found the ideal LMS solution and haven't looked back since. Highly recommended Learning Management System. Intuitive and affordable, with a great team behind it. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to deliver online courses.
December 13, 2013
Charles C.
IT Technician
November 10, 2014

“A constantly evolving simple and cost effective LMS with a second to none support team”

OverallAfter reviewing three alternative LMS systems and chatting to each provider LearnUpon stood out from the crowd immediately. LearnUpon is simple to use, quick to configure, highly cost effective and scalable to your business needs, you can tailor your subscription level up or down with the needs of the business. Another element I liked about LearnUpon is the constant development and openness to embrace customer feedback to improve the product towards the customers needs. LearnUpon really is a fantastic product and I would recommend it to anyone - before our journey in finding an LMS provider I had no knowledge or expertise in training and now feel competent in the knowledge, support and experience LearnUpon has brought to us here at THMG. Brendan provided a fantastic overview and went above and beyond to answer all of our questions before we agreed to run a trial. Even throughout our trial period Brendan and the LearnUpon team couldn't do enough and the quality, support and level of customer service really is unbeatable and like nothing I have experienced before. Thanks Team LearnUpon!
November 10, 2014
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
September 12, 2019

“Easy Set-Up and User Friendly”

OverallGreat organization and we are very happy with our decision!
ProsThe set-up for LearnUpon is amazing. We converted over from an older LMS in less than a month and were up and live for our users. The interface is also very easy to use and I've taught several others in my office how to use some of the administrative features.
ConsMy only wish is that you could change the look and feel of the way courses display in a list. They display great I just wish after a while we could switch it up to be a tiled view.
September 12, 2019
María Magdalena Z.
e-Learning Experience Designer
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
September 22, 2018

“eLearning made easy and nice.”

OverallI am glad they team is constantly updating it! It means constant progress and better outcome! 100% recommended for small businesses and organizations.
ProsIt has a simple look and feel. Some people don.t realize how important this is to any learning process. No distraction, no competition with content. That is the most valuable asset of this LMS. It is very intuitive and smart. Students love it at first sight because it makes the learning process more approachable. I
ConsNon really. I just wish the constant updating won't mess up with the system simplicity.
September 22, 2018
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
April 4, 2018

“Easy to use, easy to administer, regardless of the size of employee base.”

OverallQuick and easy administration and reporting. LearnUpon also appear to welcome and act upon client feedback and improve their product accordingly.
ProsThe dashboard! I love when an online resource that has lots of functionality provides a dashboard with quick and easy links to the tasks that you typically perform the most. We currently only use a relatively small amount of LearnUpon's functionality so it's great not to have to trawl through all the admin settings to get things done. The reporting is also very useful and easy to navigate.
ConsI honestly don't have any major issues with the software. In terms of categorising users, I'd like to be able to archive users so I can only see active employees, but I understand why the software presents all users initially.
April 4, 2018
Sergey P.
Design, 11-50 employees
March 30, 2018

“We trialed this solution with our client. ”

OverallExcellent Learning Management System with Salesforce integration.
ProsThis software is easy to use and has all the features needed for medium-sized business to implement a learning management system. A killer feature is, to my opinion a Salesforce integration. Not many LMS have this.
ConsThe pricing was a bit prohibitive, and with our client we decided to choose a free option. After that our client plans to return to LearnUpon - after they battle-test everything and decide which features they really need.
March 30, 2018
Blayne G.
Instructional Designer
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
March 30, 2019

“Easy to Use and Beautiful Interface”

OverallBecause our company works remotely from one another, it's been great to use an easy system like LearnUpon that doesn't require us to all be in the same room. Also because we're building and selling fast, I'm grateful that it's easy to use and easy to edit content!
ProsI've used a few different Learning Management Systems before, and this one is the most intuitive.
ConsGetting up-to-speed on any LMS is tough. Just learning where everything is and how to make edits when you're in the middle of selling and building the next course.
March 30, 2019
Genevieve M.
HR Clerk
April 22, 2015

“Learn Upon”

OverallThis is my first time working with LearnUpon and I really enjoy all its features and the individuals who work with it. I have had the pleasure of speaking with Des a couple times (typically when I am experiencing human error issues) and he is always very polite and helps me work out whatever the issue is or sends me to another individual who's specialty is what I am dealing with. I have also talked with Carrie and went through all the cool little things you can do on LearnUpon and it really helped me develop the site more for the company and have people really enjoy taking courses (more than before). There are so many awesome features on this program and now that we are able to access it on our phones (via app) it is awesome. I feel the app is just way more convenient for those who are constantly moving or busy. I look forward to more developments from LearnUpon. Thanks!
April 22, 2015
Katie B.
Volunteer and Leadership Co-ordinator
July 13, 2017

“Excellent platform which is both admin and user friendly”

ProsHow easy it is to navigate is definitely one of the biggest pro's. There is also a lot of scope for personalisation and for interactivity within the software which makes training so much for relevant to users.
ConsThere are no major cons so far except that when you have one platform but several people managing it you need to be sure that the course completion emails are going to the correct administrator.
July 13, 2017
Sarah W.
Customer Support Specialist
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
August 21, 2019

“Excellent Platform!”

ProsLearnUpon is an excellent platform that allows us to reach our customers across North America, as well as potential customers internationally. It is easy to use and share and makes our company look very professional and dedicated to education.
ConsI think at times it can be confusing to navigate through the courses/learning path.
August 21, 2019
Ryan C.
Partner
May 28, 2015

“LearnUpon has been wonderful to work with and use!”

OverallWe have been using LearnUpon for about 2 years now and I do not have one negative thing to say about the company or the platform. It is extremely easy to use and navigate, and some of the features just surpass what other comparable LMS systems are doing. Working in the leadership coaching field, we deal a lot with customer relations, and LearnUpon has been nothing but a revelation to work with. They are quick to answer questions and get you the help you need, as well as constantly updating and improving the system based on what their customers are looking for and submitting to them. I would recommend LearnUpon to anyone looking for an LMS system.
May 28, 2015
Andreanne C.
Training and quality control
November 12, 2014

“Learn Upon in a call center environment ”

OverallI work in a 24h/7 days operational call center in Montreal, Quebec that specialize in messaging services. I am in charge of training and coaching agents on more than 700 different accounts and since I cannot be on site all the time, I use LearnUpon to do a big part of my training. I am able to put videos, tests and documents for my coworkers. We also use the surveys which allow the management and myself to have feedback from our coworkers and obtain answers to general questions. Learn Upon is easy to use even for someone not really tech savvy and whose first language is not English. I get a lot of positive comments from my colleagues and Learn Upon is used daily.
November 12, 2014
Layne N.
Director, Global Education and Training
May 15, 2015

“LearnUpon is an excellent LMS solution”

OverallThe LearnUpon team is extremely responsive to our organization's needs. All requests for support have been answered within 24 hours (and most usually within a couple of hours). The system was extremely easy to brand and add content. Versioning was a little confusing at first but is no longer a challenge. Metrics show that our external customer learners are pleased with the system and courses available within it. More than 90% responded that they "Strongly Agree" that the system and modules were easy to navigate. The value for what the system has to offer is pretty amazing and they are continually adding new functionality and features.
May 15, 2015
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
September 9, 2019

“Great product!”

ProsRobust functionality exceeded our needs, awesome support team with great response times, and easy to roll out across the org for different teams to use.
ConsNo major critical feedback. We're happy with the service!
September 9, 2019
Lynette B.
Associate Director, Business Operations
July 10, 2015

“Outstanding Learning Management System”

OverallLearnUpon has been our LMS for the past two years. There are many LMS choices on the market and deciding which system to select is never easy, but we simply couldn't have made a better choice when we selected LearnUpon. Navigating in the system is intuitive at all levels (student, instructor, and administrator). The system is reliable, flexible, and convenient .... and the LearnUpon staff delivers the highest quality of support and service! LearnUpon designs their courses and delivers service to ensure their customers' success. You simply couldn't ask for a better LMS partner and product!
July 10, 2015
Debra M.
ELearning Developer and LMS Administrator
March 7, 2016

“Opening the Door to a New Portal... ”

OverallI like that LearnUpon is a robust student-centric LMS. It gives students the ability to download content, manage their learning modules and ultimately print a Certificate. On the Admin side, it is powerful too. In some ways, it's a lot like Word Mail Merge. There are lots of {fields} which show up in email notifications, certificates and reports. There is a learning curve and there are oodles of features which can be enabled or disabled. I have learned a lot from both the Support Team and the Knowledge Base. Thanks to all!
March 7, 2016
Justin H.
Coordinator, Office of Teaching Effectiveness
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees
October 3, 2018

“Learnupon”

ProsLearnupon presents a strong e-learning platform in an affordable package. The technical support is outstanding, and has been incredibly responsive to feature requests and resolving issues. This product has allowed my team to easily create and deliver high quality trainings.
ConsThe company is quite young as I understand it, so that may be considered a con. However, we have found them to be incredibly responsive, which may also be due to their youth and size as a company.
October 3, 2018
Eve M.
Project support.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Unspecified
October 2, 2017

“Learn upon has been been a great addition to our service and a breathe of fresh air.”

OverallThe independence of uploading our own content that is copy protected. This is a big thing working in the NHS.
ProsThe functionality and ease of it is a great positive compared to our old package. The customer service is what is really a great sell for Learn upon. Regardless of the question the team is always so happy help and to send over any training material we need. I would recommend it to anyone and i am confident when using it now as i have had training from very patient trainers form learn upon.
October 2, 2017
Mateus S.
Suporte
Translation and Localization, 11-50 employees
August 6, 2018

“Great option for LMS and pretty easy to use.”

ProsI had a few experiences with LMS and LearnUpon is by far one of the easiest and robust out there it supports a plethora of software such as PowerPoint, word and so on, so you can work with the most popular tools out there and its very simple and easy to maintain even on the admin side.
ConsA few additional features would make the software more appealing such as (integration with webex tools and more supported formats for media upload).
August 6, 2018
Stephanie P.
March 16, 2017

“The ease of use and amazing support sold us!”

OverallIf I could give more than 5 stars for support, I would. The support on this platform is amazing. We needed an easy-to-use platform and their competitive pricing and extremely simple platform made it easy to consider them. When we experienced their support, it sealed the deal.
March 16, 2017
Rachel M.
Head of Training
Construction, Unspecified
June 17, 2016

“Perfect for the Technophobe!”

ProsEasy to use with a very comprehensive help guide that talks you through everything you need to set up. The technical support offered by LearnUpon is second to none - very quick responses and friendly staff.
ConsIt would be great to be able to change the front dashboard screen to put a training calendar on there or other notifications
Recommendations to other buyersCheck it is compatible with your internet explorer and go with a provider that offers a monthly subscription
June 17, 2016
Jess S.
Archivist
March 7, 2018

“Great way to train”

ProsLearn Upon is a software that I would recommend for training a team of individuals in a way that is tailored to their schedules.
March 7, 2018