eVetPractice Ratings

Overall
4.4/5
4.7/5

About eVetPractice

eVetPractice is the leading cloud-based practice management software from Covetrus thats fully integrated and scalable for every kind of veterinary hospital. Accessible from any internet-enabled device with all the features and functionality you need to keep your team connected, eVetPractice opens your practice up to a world of opportunity through the Covetrus integrated platform for practice software, supply chain services and distribution, and pharmacy management. Special pricing available. Learn more about eVetPractice
  • "This is a very nice program and I shopped them all. Very competitive and works well."
  • "Reasonably comprehensive. Wish the developers were more motivated to improve and really understood my needs."
  • "Is flexible enough to allow for different working styles and preferences. Has staff consisting of super smart, creative, proactive, positive."
  • "EVetPractice is a wonderful veterinary medical records management program and we are extremely happy with our switch from a more standard system."
  • "The real concern's then came from the following. The lack of transferring complete medical history by missing vital signs and documents and then being told "that isn't their job."
  • "Disappointing, a waste of time, energy and money."
  • "So although the idea of live chat sounded really handy, it was very disappointing. Records being printed with missing communication logs etc."
  • "We consistently lost data across the board. When it was brought to the attention of eVet, they were unable to retrieve the lost data."

Pros

Cons

• "Disappointing, a waste of time, energy and money."

Caroline G.
September 25, 2019

“eVet Practice review”

OverallJust love the overall product
ProsCustomizing, customer service, able to get new function added,
ConsNavigating it takes a while to get used to, but worth it!

By Covetrus on October 1, 2019
Thank you for the kind review, Caroline!
September 25, 2019
Katie A.
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

“EvetPractice”

OverallEvetpractice is a good general software system if you are willing to set aside being heard and ignored for things that you suggest to be updated. It works but has much that can be approved upon.
ProsIts easy ability to quickly learn using the software. It has many features that are essential to veterinary practices. The customer services is generally good. Its nice to be able to access the software with any device that has internet.
ConsThe system and updates seem to have declined since Covetrus purchased it. Update are slow, issues arise alot more then before and customer service has started to decline. Many times we have asked for assistance and the agents have seemed annoyed. Requests for updates that are crucial seem to not be as important as they used to be. Its confusing because the Covetrus also owns several other veterinary software programs that have been around a very long time. Those programs have many of the options that are needed for this software yet they are not available on this system. I think there is much to be desired since the software was sold to larger company that values it customers less.

By Covetrus on September 11, 2019
Hello Katie! Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad that you like your eVetPractice software. I've sent on your concerns about the updates and support. We're focused on continual improvement and always looking for feedback on how we are doing. If you have any additional questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com. All the best!
nancy N.
Vet Tech, front desk
February 8, 2020

“It's pretty good”

OverallBeing the first time we're on the internet, it's been a nice change. Would be nice to have a written booklet to reference when trying to do something new.
ProsEase of emailing records, looking up information, inventory setup and edit. Nice to be able to scan in documents to medical history.
ConsPatient alerts and client notes do not appear on medical history. 'Check in' papers don't have enough info, not easy to read. Medical history takes a long time to load when over a certain amount of pages.
February 8, 2020
Stephanie M.
DVM, owner
February 5, 2020

“eVetPractice is awesome!”

OverallI am glad I chose eVetPractice when I opened, would definitely do it again & recommend them without hesitation.
ProsIt is user friendly & intuitive, if I need support, someone is there & ready to help, & new features come out proving the company cares.
ConsThere is a lot of clicking - I think with a little tweaking, it would be faster to use.
February 5, 2020
Danielle M.
Corporate Manager
July 11, 2017

“Disappointing, a waste of time, energy and money. Very sad. ”

OverallI really have no pro's. The "idea" of what this software was going to be, was very far from what it ended up being. I loved the idea of going to the cloud. I loved that we would be able to access both of our locations from off site. There were numerous ideas on paper that seemed like it could be an ideal fit. Unfortunately, the idealistic roll out in my mind was far from the reality. I'm going to say this... when you speak to the CEO after you request a meeting, and within 60 seconds of the call, that CEO you are hoping will address your frustrations, laughs at you? Bad start. Now, I know what the response will be after reading my blurb below... something like, "Mrs. McIver, we apologize that you aren't happy with our software" or another similar phrase. But I am writing this not because I want a response, they very clearly told me they completed a "successful" migration and there was no further action they would be taking... I am doing it because I want people to know the facts. Have they had good runs? I'm sure they have! But when they have bad runs, the company's integrity get's challenged, and I am extremely disgusted with the way myself and my employee were treated during our recent conversation.
ConsThe facts of our run: Our first migration failed after the eVet team believed we wanted our two practices to be merged (however, there is not a mention of the word "merging" in any correspondence). This caused multiple issues both in confusion and legal issues. Although the time invested into that was a waste, and the havoc caused by switching software's back and forth was frustrating for the team and clients, we decided to move on and the team corrected the issue by splitting the clinics. The real concern's then came from the following... > The lack of transferring complete medical history by missing vital signs and documents and then being told "that isn't their job". > The mathematical error's experienced (4 to be exact) in only the first 13 days; calculating invoices way off of what the actual amount should be (screen shot's have been taken). > The 82 inventory discrepancies after coming from a clean run on our old software. > Broken links. > The poor client service and amount of time it takes to get answers on anything. The team on their live chat often don't know how to address your concerns, which then leads to them asking for more time to get you answers. So although the idea of live chat sounded really handy, it was very disappointing. > Records being printed with missing communication logs etc. I know our life on eVet was small, but the issues were too big to continue with.

By Covetrus on December 21, 2017
The Vet Visionaries project was a disaster from the start. The conversion process was written and signed by them to merge both clinics, and only after we finished the conversion the group decided it wasn't what they wanted. So fine, mistakes happen, and we restarted from scratch. Then we finished that process and they decided to pull the plug. The failure of this project was communication breakdown, and that communication breakdown was on both sides. That is something we will strive to do better on in the future. The frustration in the review is because they thought they should get a refund on the conversion costs. We thought differently and they decided to write a negative review. We will take the lessons learned in dealing with this group and improve our processes for the better. I would ask anyone reading this to also read the 73 reviews prior that contain 4.5 to 5 stars.
July 11, 2017
Michael S.
September 11, 2019

“Great cloud-based solution for your vet practice”

OverallOverall we have been very pleased with eVetPractice.
ProseVetPractice is a very intuitive system, and it provides a great way to manage your vet practice's medical records, hospital workflow, and business finances.
ConsI wish there was a better way to know when someone has placed an item on the whiteboard for the logged-in user to complete. I would like to see some sort of alert pop up beside the whiteboard tab if there is a new item placed on there for me. I would also like my rabies report to be in order of tag number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Covetrus on September 25, 2019
Hello Michael, Thank you for your review! While the rabies report displayed in the software isn't sortable, we do offer an excel export (for all reports). I've sent over the whiteboard request, we're always looking for ways to improve usability. All the best!
Jeremy S.
DVM
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

“Excellent cloud-based software!”

OverallWe were a start-up practice in 2015 and did many trials of various cloud-based softwares. I had previously used Cornerstone and can say I am so happy we picked eVetPractice. It really does everything we need. We just finished our 4th year open and eVet has grown with us and met all our needs.
ProsI love being able to access our EMRs from anywhere. It allows me to work out of the office. It is also very intuitive to use and has many helpful integrations (QuickBooks, reference labs, etc)
ConsI have few complaints about the software. It has less report options than other programs I have used like Cornerstone, but the ones available have been all I have needed.

By Covetrus on September 25, 2019
Thank you, Dr. Shumaker! Happy to have you as a Raving Fan!
Juliann G.
September 6, 2019

“Easy to use, tons of functionality! ”

OverallWonderful customer service, very responsive to programming requests, debuts new changes often.
Proscloud based so can access from anywhere, easy to find information for clients and patients (not a lot of different pages), easy to navigate from calendar to record.
ConsNot great on mobile. Would like a sort of pop-op feature to notify other users of various things throughout day.

By Covetrus on September 11, 2019
Hello Juliann! Thank you for your feedback! I sent over your request for pop-up notifications via mobile to the product management team for consideration. If you have any additional questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com.
Autumn S.
Owner/Practice Manager
September 11, 2019

“eVetPractice - Islandside Animal Hospital”

ProsWe are very happy with this software. It streamlines our entire day by allowing us to be server-free and completely on wi-fi with our equipment (which also integrates well with evet).
ConsI wish we could select the Lot numbers we are using (via a drop down menu) when we are filling prescriptions rather than it being automatically assigned from the most recent lot available.

By Covetrus on September 25, 2019
Glad to hear you are happy with your software selection, Autumn. All the best!
Lisa S.
DVM owner
September 24, 2019

“Best bang for the buck”

OverallProbabaly the thing that has been the very most valuable is the ability to live chat with customer support. I also appreciate the no-fine-print subscription fees.
ProsI love the cloud based accessibility! I also love being almost completely paperless. Integrated ordering thru MWI and rep is a a time saver. Easy to modify templates for email communications, practice documents, and SOAP notes. Payment processing integration helps streamline the check-out processs and eliminate manual entry errors. QBO integration is a plus. The cost compared to competitors was a big factor in my decision - value for the money.
ConsInitial inventory setup was a bit painful and I ended up needing to back track to correct some errors due to some lack of information in initial training.

By Covetrus on October 1, 2019
Thank you for your detailed review, Dr. Shumate! Thank you for choosing eVetPractice to run your veterinary business.
September 24, 2019
Vaughn W.
Practice owner
August 9, 2017

“Could not be more happy or satisfied after my first year with eVetPractice!”

ProsI'm a small animal House Call practice, but we also set up Express Wellness Clinics in the Birmingham, AL area doing low-cost vaccine clinics. In July of 2016, when I started to do my county wide Express Wellness Clinics, I was looking for a good, affordable, reliable, and cloud based software system. All achieved. I had used eVetPractice working with a local shelter the year before. For a single doctor mobile practice, cost per month is so perfect for me. This software is very comprehensive ( the good thing), so be aware that it will take a while to learn all the ins-and-outs, but don't be discouraged, once you use this cloud based software, it's a win-win for you and your clients. Great support to get started (Webinars), and follow-up support is exceptional. I have had fewer calls for vaccine records, etc. because clients can access their own records from eVetPractice. I can access from any computer connected to the internet. I have personally integrated with HomeAgain and recently VetsFirstChoice. Wow, how nice to have client/patient information sent directly with no other effort. Lastly, the support from eVetPractice is so reliable. If you do have a question, the "Help" tab at the bottom of the screen will usually solve most of my issues, but the Live Chat is so perfect for me as I have never waited more than a minute to get help. I can only speak as a small animal mobile practice owner, the value is worth more than the cost!

By Covetrus on August 9, 2017
Hello Dr. Walker, Thank you for the wonderful words. Sincerely, eVetPractice Team
August 9, 2017
Sue R.
owner/veterinarian
September 13, 2019

“eVetPractice is an economical and useful tool”

ProsEase of use, easy to upgrade, accessible from multiple sites
ConsSome of the financial reports are difficult to use. We get conflicting results on our accounts receivable in different reports.

By Covetrus on September 25, 2019
Thank you for the kind words, Dr. Reiter! Check out the September 2019 release, we've made changes to our accounting side. Be sure to let us know what you think!
September 13, 2019
Nancy P.
owner/vet
September 17, 2019

“eVetpractice.com”

OverallHaving started with eVet 4 years ago this month, I have appreciated their customer support and the capability for the system to work how we need it to in most situations. Two years ago, I made the mistake of being lured away by another cloud based program, and after a grueling 13 days with that system, and being treated rudely by their staff (and owners), I quickly went back to eVet! Improvements are being made all of the time.
ProsIt is powerful and adaptable to fit your needs.
ConsReports are sometimes difficult to navigate, and there are not enough filters to generate reports that are useful. For instance, the on hand inventory alert report does not let you exclude inactive items, which makes the report useless.

By Covetrus on September 25, 2019
Hello Dr. Powel, Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you came back to us!
September 17, 2019
Jennifer S.
Administrator
February 22, 2017

“Winner! Functionality! Ease of Use! Cost!”

OverallCan't even brag enough about EVetPractice for running a veterinary practice smoothly. The developers are top notch. Always available and responsive via their help chat box in the lower right corner. They make upgrades easily. The integrations, like VPR Cloud Formulary, Demand Force client communications, laboratory integration, email within the system- just cuts tasks down to a minimum. We use the anesthetic monitoring sheet, quick templates for histories and exams and iPads & laptops in our rooms. Best part as the practice manager - I can easily add purchase orders, schedule an appointment for a client or pull practice management reports from home! Practice Management made easy. The millennial generation jumps right in and learns this program in a snap- click friendly! And last thing, we had an emergency transition to this software and were up and running in 3 days with full data migration after extracting safely from previous system. Love, use and highly recommend EVetPractice!
ProsFunctionality, common sense approach, ease of use, employees find easy to train on using, cloud based accessibility, integrations from 3rd parties and of course- price!
ConsNot two way integrations with all laboratories
Recommendations to other buyersGet a demo. Cloud based software is the next thing- you can run this on your android phone, iphone, tablet, iPad, laptop - no special software required.

By Covetrus on February 22, 2017
Hello Jennifer, Thank you for the kind words! Eddie and eVetPractice Team
February 22, 2017
Jennifer K.
September 12, 2019

“Overall good program with lots of features.”

OverallCustomer services has been mostly helpful though they often are confused as to what we are having trouble with and it takes an excessive amount of time to fix anything. More often than not, we don't get our problem fixed and are told "that is just how the system operates and we have to deal with it." WHen we want to customize some features that frustrate our clinic, they are not available to change.
ProsThe system is intuitive and easy to use for the most part. I can find what I need easily and data entry is fairly easy. There are nice administrative features that give me the reports and data I need for analysis of company health. Client features are nice and look professionally when communicating with the client.
ConsThe printer settings are very difficult and we often have connectivity problems. I would like other options besides Google cloud to connect printers directly for easier use. We also have trouble with glitches frequently and get frustrated making sure our data is entered correctly especially invoicing and payments.

By Covetrus on September 25, 2019
Hello Jennifer! Thank you for your detailed review. I am sorry to hear about the experience you have had with some of our support, I've sent this over to our support manager to be investigated.
Stephen R.
vet
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
October 26, 2018

“Owner, veterinarian”

Overallthis is a very nice program and I shopped them all. Very competitive and works well. Reasonably comprehensive. Wish the developers were more motivated to improve and really understood my needs. Very happy though. Would recommend.
ProsEasy to use. Decent medical records.......could be better if they were more forward thinking Reasonable price.
ConsStupid little things.....why hasn't this been fixed. Lack of development....this is a very nice program but it coud be so much better if somebody with more inspiration was running the show. Medical records are nice but very basic I am just not sure they want to be better. Hard to control how many emails and reminders.......needs development. Sales reps nice but not effective They have this list of requested improvments that must be in a deep dark basement......never seem to get a response to requests.

By Covetrus on October 31, 2018
Dr. Romero, Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing that eVetPractice is easy to use for you and your team. We also appreciate your feedback surrounding areas where we can improve. I've passed this directly to our Product Management team for review. If you ever have questions or additional feedback surrounding eVetPractice, please don't hesitate to reach us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.
October 26, 2018
TERRENCE M.
OWNER
Veterinary, 51-200 employees
March 27, 2017

“You won't regret it!”

OverallCouldn't wait to get away from the 1990's server headaches and onto the cloud...but I was nervous. I researched and demo'd my brains out...couldn't find anything I liked until I tripped across eVetpractice. We Demo'd it for a month then took the plunge. There are pro's and con's to everything so there a few things eVet can't do that the old system could do...but I don't miss them. The pro's FAR OUTWEIGH the cons. It is wicked fast, makes being paperless a delight instead of a mystery. SUPER easy to use and learn...one of my staff members was introduced to it, used it for 10 minutes and announced, " It's the Facebook of vet software." She is right. It's not perfect but I am delighted for the price and service. We bought another clinic 6 months later and the first thing we did was move them from Infinity to eVet. Just get yourself a robust internet provider and do it. We use travel sheets, a ScanSnap ix500 scanner, (a must!), and a couple of Dymo labelwriters. Prepare yourself to even need less staff. Been using for over a year now and it's one of the best moves we have made in years for our business and our medicine.
ProsEASE, SPEED, ROBUST, COMPREHENSIVE, REPORTING
ConsORGANIZING TRAVEL SHEETS AND OTHER REPORTS IS TRICKY WHEN YOU FIRST GET STARTED
Recommendations to other buyersDO IT. DO IT NOW. ;)

By Covetrus on March 27, 2017
Hello Terrence :), Thank you for the great review! You know we love you guys too. Thanks Eddie and eVet Team
March 27, 2017
Moira D.
September 11, 2019

“Much better than paper records!!”

OverallThe software has streamlined things considerably, saving time with Rx labels, appointment making, invoicing, Rx documents, and e-mails.
ProsThe fact that I can type in rather than hand write all of my copious notes, all patient documents can readily be found, clients can be e-mailed directly from the medical file, client and financial reports readily generated, can access the software from any computer or device, medical records look good when sending to another clinic, so easy to do Rx labels, and even I as the vet can make appointments!
ConsI did find it easier to flip through paper records to find perhaps the last time I did a blood test and quickly see the results without opening a file, same for finding a previous Rx or other treatment - the computerized files don't lend themselves as well to that as you must open all exam forms and documents, even invoices, to find what you are looking for. A minor issue is that sometimes the software won't properly save the exam form that I've saved, leaving a red star by it, and I have yet to figure out why that occurs.

By Covetrus on September 25, 2019
Thank you, Dr. Drozdovech!
Michael M.
Vice President, Operations

“Review 9/6/19”

OverallSplit billing is great. The majority of the features are great.
ProsEquine Practice split billing, customer support and training, and price.
ConsWe do a lot of "monthly" billing not a lot of daily billing so software is sometimes awkward to use. The biggest problem is financial charges. Because some of our accounts are billed monthly and eVet charges FC on individual "visits" it's been difficult to calculate FC automatically.
Jennifer N.
September 6, 2019

“Among the top veterinary cloud services!”

OverallOverall, while eVet has weaknesses, it's a strong entry to the veterinary cloud EMR market and has a reasonable cost for value. It may not be perfect for everyone, but I certainly recommend it to most users.
ProsCloud-based equals no updates, no downloads, and 'anywhere' access from any device. It's generally intuitive and new employees can pick up the basics quickly.
ConsThe formatting leaves something to be desired, with lots of scrolling up and down needed and never a good complete overview available on one page. The pop-up or hovering windows are inconsistent, and overlays cover up important things in odd ways that can be frustrating. Reporting is a weak area and definitely needs to be improved.

By Covetrus on September 11, 2019
Hello Dr. Norton! Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad that you find eVetPractice easy-to-use. We're always working on improving functionality, I've sent over your feedback about formatting improvements. If you have any additional questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com. All the best!
Joe C.
Owner/veterinarian
July 11, 2014

“Conversion to eVetPractice ”

OverallJust wanted to share my experience with converting from a server bases PMS to a cloud based PMS over the past weeks. I decided to go with evetpractice as my initial interaction with the owners (husband wife team) was so awesome. I found them to not only be very nice, but extremely receptive to input for product improvement. I was very skeptical as to how all my data would be converted yet extremely pleased at this point (having the expectation that it wouldn't be perfect and take time to determine if it's all there helped :)). It was a bit of a leap as I converted from the oldest PMS for macs. Although my previous PMS was feature rich with lots of customization options, there were many reasons why I left. Knowing that 25 years ago how unpopular Mac operating systems were, many programs needed to be created to allow function, especially with a label printer (limited to 2 specific, antiquated dymo label writers; one they don't even make anymore so good luck finding an SE300 and the other has an incompatible firmware that is the latest dymo has for the SE450). In addition my previous PMS was never willing to correct many of the very functions that allow for increased work flow, including inventory glitches (think nightmare). I'll stop venting. My decision to go with a PMS at the other end of the spectrum (2.5 yr old company with a young product) was clear when, after the demo and me inquiring about prescription refill function that didn't exist that day, became available; the Rx refill option was completely developed, functional and pushed to all users that SAME EVENING to be used the following day!! And that was the first example of the numerous changes that they have been so receptive to incorporating. No more waiting to see if that function was incorporated in the next software upgrade. No waiting until down time to install only to learn that function you have been told would come is absent, even after >4 years of requesting. Eventually the CEO ignores the request. So far I am very happy with my decision to migrate to evetpractice.
July 11, 2014
Tanner R.

“Thanks”

ProsI like that it is fairly easy to use (new hires catch on quickly, even if they have never used it before). I like that there are new updates and that it is always being improved upon. really customizable, and I love the access from anywhere and using my smart phone in a pinch.
ConsThere are a few features I would like to do that we cannot currently (include one package within another, rather than re-creating them each time, being able to edit the names of procedures on an individual basis once it is entered into an patients treatment). Sometimes there is a lot of clicking, when I would like to view certain information all on one screen, I cannot and have to look at things separately.

Thank you, Dr. Ross!
Amanda S.
Veterinary, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
June 5, 2019

“Great Option for SA or Mixed Practices”

OverallGreat product, in my opinion. I would 100% recommend a demo at least if you are looking for a cloud based veterinary CRM
ProsI've always used Avimark in SA practice. When I moved to FA practice we started looking for a CRM to fit our needs. Unfortunately, as we are a poultry specific practice, many programs do not meet our specific needs. However, I found the demo to be very intuitive, flexible and there were many features similar to Avimark. Overall, if the software had worked for our practice, we would have signed up in an instance
ConsI didn't like the demo of the software. You were restricted in that you had to practice within their demo model. Many companies will give you a free trial for a month, allowing you to enter in your own clients, logo, forms, etc. This would have been beneficial if we had in fact gone with this software, as we wouldn't have had to enter in all of our information twice.

By Covetrus on July 24, 2019
Thank you for your kind words, Amanda! I've shared your feedback regarding the demo model to our Product Management and Sales teams. If you ever have any additional feedback you'd like to share, please email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com. We wish you all the best finding the right fit for your unique poultry practice!
June 5, 2019
November 5, 2019

“Did a veterinary hospital even test this first before launching??”

OverallE-Vet has the potential to be good but they should have (if they did it doesn't show) had veterinary hospitals test the program. Every person I know who's used it has been unhappy and would rather have Cornerstone or Avimark. It has so much wrong and so many things that should be changed to make working more efficient but it acts as a set back instead. The help desk via chat is sometimes helpful but usually they'll just say "Do you want to be added to our list for when we update/remove that feature" and have not once ever seen an modifications. It's not user friendly and beneficial for veterinary hospitals.
ProsFor the most part e-Vet is easy to use. It's very self explanatory in most aspects and can easily be customized (to an extent) for your practice.
ConsLOTS of flaws. -You cannot search by phone number, the feature does not work properly -You can quick add a client, but cannot quick add a patient to an existing client -When using the quick add feature, it does NOT flag if a client is already in the system & it will duplicate -You cannot work with more than one tab open or it will cross add/delete the info on the next tab of the patient/client you're on -If using multiple payments, you have to manually do the math, it will not give you the new total, it won't give you the amount they still owe for the remainder of the split payments -The medical record when printed does not give dates that treatments were done, only when they're due which 9/10 hospitals ask for the date vaccinated - The communication entries cut off mid word if it's lengthy, it won't put the next word on a new line but instead will split the word in half. EX: hospital should be moved down but it will cut it in half so "hos" is on one line and "pital" is the start of a new line -You cannot suspend a reminder - if a client no longer wants a vaccine or they had a reaction to it, you are not able to suspend said vaccine/reminder -You MUST search with at least three letters. We have patients whose names are RJ, JJ, etc. and cannot search for the pet because there isn't three letters in their name -You cannot have a name such as "Daisy Duke" in the system because when you search under the full name or partial using just "Daisy" OR "Duke" it will not show
November 5, 2019
John H.
Veterinarian/Owner
Veterinary, Self-employed
September 9, 2019

“Great for mobile practice”

OverallI am very happy with eVetPractice. I have recommended it to multiple individuals and continue to do so.
ProsThis software is very convenient for mobile practice. No need for a lot of computer equipment. I can operate the system off of my cellphone if I'm in a bind.
ConsI wish there was an option to use the software without an internet connection. As a mobile veterinarian in a rural community, I still land on farms where cell phone reception is non-existent. If there was a way to enter information then sync with the cloud when cell reception is restored, the software would be perfect.

By Covetrus on September 11, 2019
Thank you for your review, Dr. Higdon! I'm happy to hear eVetPractice is working so well for your large animal practice. We love that you are a Raving Fan! All the best!
Catherine P.
owner/veterinarian
September 9, 2019

“Great PM software for my small, 1 doctor mobile practice”

OverallThis has been an excellent management software choice for my small, growing one doctor mobile practice. I highly recommend it for any mobile business.
ProsI love that I can use it anywhere. I am on-the-go most of the time, and it's easy to pull a patient's record up on my phone if I need a quick look.
ConsI don't like the way that the records print out. I feel like they are hard to follow. I still love the way that records look in avimark, particularly with the reminders and master problem list/diagnoses at the very top of the records.

By Covetrus on September 11, 2019
Hello Dr. Powell! Thank you for the review! We're happy to have you! I've sent over your feedback on medical record printing for consideration. If you have any additional questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com. All the best!
Sheila R.
January 30, 2019

“EVetPractice: step into the future ”

OverallAffordable but complete veterinary software. I am so glad I chose this system over others.
ProsThis software doesnt require a huge investment and a huge computer system to maintain a fully functional practice. It is very agile , portable and you can work from anywhere with internet. I also love the extensive client access capability.
ConsSometimes updates result in glitches that are challenging to work through.

By Covetrus on February 1, 2019
Hi Dr. RiceWatkins, thank you for your feedback! We agree that our eVetPractice software is a flexible option for veterinary practices and offers extensive options and features to meet your practice needs. I've sent a note over to our Product Manager regarding your feedback surrounding our updates. If you ever have questions or additional feedback surrounding eVetPractice, please don't hesitate to reach us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.
January 30, 2019
Trisa F.
July 22, 2015

“Not a good fit for mixed or large animal practice, continued soliciation phonecalls and emails.”

OverallOnceI was out of the initial purchase and training period everything went downhill quickly. From the first payment I had an issue with using my rewards credit card; specifically an error message that information was missing and transaction had to be reentered. When I called eVetPractice they stated that it was an issue with Intuit, and they could not help me. I chose to do business with eVetPractice, not Intuit; eVetPractice chose to use Intuit for their payment system and should be doing the legwork. We practitioners are busy, our time is valuable, and I was paying them for their service. These are the truly frustrating issues of practice ownership. In the end it was a lot of hassle for what turned out to be a glorified vaccination reminder program for my practice. To summarize my issues: 1) The system is cloud based, yet not apparently functional for all browsers. Frustrations were akin to Zoetis' website/dashboard. 2) Solicitation. I received several calls and from their partners wanting me to use their payment systems, or buy their product. I am still getting these emails and calls months after discontinuing eVetPractice. This is frustrating especially after the experience with Intuit. 3) Not user friendly for other members of my staff, they became frustrated quickly, even though one had sat in on the training with me. No one besides myself even attempted to use it. 4)At startup I had asked about what would happen to my client records if I chose to no longer use the program. I was told that I would have access to the records, just not be able to use the program or change anything, for a few months afterward. This was not the case, I was locked out as soon as my subscription was over. Even as I was writing this I received a call from Bluefin, asking specifically to speak to me (not my manager, who is capable) during office hours. The representative stated that eVetPractice had asked them to reach out to me and that he knew he was catching me at a bad time.

By Covetrus on July 23, 2015
We regret that you did not enjoy the software. The payment situation with Intuit was frustrating. We contacted Intuit¿s IT as we do not have access to their system. We did follow up, but you ended our service shortly after. The system will run on browsers including: IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. Recent versions of these browsers should have no problem, but outdated may. Bluefin does reach out to clients to explain benefits of an integrated payment solution. You were our contact, they would have asked for you. We don¿t have any other partners that should have contacted you. The system is designed to be intuitive, but we encourage all staff be trained during the setup, and we check in regularly. It is not possible for us to tell who is comfortable with the system unless it¿s communicated. It is not standard to store data after ending service. We can provide that for a reduced cost, upon request. You asked that we end your service and said there was nothing else needed.
July 22, 2015
Rehanni K.
Veterinarian/Founder
April 13, 2015

“Excellent customer service and user friendly product”

OverallI was hesitant to use an Veterinary software system from past experience (and frustration) with using AVImark years ago. I remember countless updates that would make my whole reminder system crash and hours I would have to spend to fix it. Ugh. AVImark, never again. However being a mobile Vet, paper files are cumbersome and using a simple word document was not time efficient when it came to updating the file, providing receipts, etc. I read a lot of on-line reviews and decided to contact eVet. The customer service (Mel Heinz) was the deciding factor that made me choose to try eVet before trying other products. She was extremely professional, helpful and courteous. I have been using the product for several months now and it has cut my administration time down significantly due to the ease of being able to update client files from any computer anywhere, automatic receipt generation (which I was previously making out by hand). The automatic client reminders, which I did not have before, have increased client compliance at returning for rechecks in a timely manner and the appointment reminders have reduced/eliminated missed appointments. Overall I am very happy with this system. My only complaint is that for someone new to a Vet software system, there are so many various options in the system and that in itself can be a bit overwhelming at first. However, customer support has always been there immediately to point me in the right direction and now that I am getting the hang of using it, I am extremely happy with the product and love it the ease of it's design. For anyone with a paper system (or a software system that is not fitting your needs), I would highly encourage you to try this program. Great people and a great product. Thank you eVet and thank you Mel Heinz!

By Covetrus on April 13, 2015
Hello Dr. Khaseipoul, Thank you for the very kind words! Mel and team
April 13, 2015
kelly b.
veterinarian

“Very Pleased”

OverallStill learning new things to use on it and probably always will. For moving from paper to paperless it has been very easy.
Proseasy to navigate, integrated with many other services like IDEXX,
Conswon't pull up owners by their first name, last name, pets name etc. The ONLY thing we don't like about it.

By Covetrus on September 11, 2019
Hello Dr. Bruner! Thank you for your feedback. We're very happy that you like your eVetPractice software. We have webinars that can help you on your paperless journey! keep an eye on your email, we send out the schedule a couple of times a month and include a link to the recording library. I've also sent over your feedback on owner record pulling for consideration. If you have any additional questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com. All the best!
Dan S.
February 10, 2015

“Superb customer service and a lot of flexibility!”

OverallOur animal hospital transitioned to eVetPractice to take us "paperless" from traditional paper medical records and from Intravet for practice management. There was a steep learning curve for our staff and doctors to go from paper to paperless along with going from Intravet to eVetPractice for the invoicing and reporting. Fortunately, the staff and owners at eVetPractice have made the process as painless as possible. Whenever there is large amounts of data converted from one system to another, there will be some hiccups, but fortunately those were very few with our conversion, and all issues were resolved very quickly and efficiently. Some strengths of eVetPractice include the amazing flexibility of setup for your individual practice, super-responsive customer/technical support, access to records online anywhere, and intuitive medical records. Every time we have asked for a specific functionality, the answer has been affirmative, and a solution has been created for our needs very quickly. The cost of implementing eVetPractice was quite affordable. Our biggest cost was upgrading our computers, network, and internet access to make sure that we didn't have any issues getting online to have access to our cloud-based system. Weaknesses have been few - biggest from my point of view is the lack of "canned" reports that take only 1 or 2 mouse-clicks to generate quickly and conveniently. I would not let that deter anyone from giving eVetPractice a try, because the reporting is very flexible and you can pull out almost any information you are looking for, it just may take a little longer than with some other systems. That reporting functionality is the only reason to not give 5 stars overall. Overall we have been very pleased with our choice of eVetPractice.

By Covetrus on February 10, 2015
Thank you Dr. Smith for the kind words and great review! Mel and Team
February 10, 2015
Angela C.
Owner, veterinarian
September 8, 2019

“Convenient cloud based software”

ProsCloud based makes it easy to check the schedule from home or on my phone. Live chat is key when we have questions and the webinars are very helpful
ConsI am disappointed with the Pet Portal. I have it set up where owners can create their own account, which sometimes creates duplicate accounts. There were also a lot of kinks when setting up Rapport for reminders. I partly chose Evet b/c I wanted the option to text clients reminders. However, we had to sign up for an additional service for this

By Covetrus on September 11, 2019
Hello Dr. Chesanek! Thank you for your feedback! We're always adding new webinars to the schedule, keep an eye out for the scheduled via email. I'm sorry to hear about the Pet Portal issues, I've sent on your feedback to the Product Management team for consideration. If you have any additional questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com. All the best!
September 8, 2019
Jessica G.

“Wonderful upgrade”

OverallIt has been a smooth transition since day 1. Tech support has always been helpful and quick to fix any issues. We have not had any problems with the new software.
ProsThis software is user friendly, convenient and customer service is always helpful and efficient. I love that it is customized to meet your clinic's needs. The invoicing is easy, scheduling is easy. Once you know your way around the software, it is very easy to navigate. We love the fact that it is cloud based and can be accessed from anywhere. Also, email reminders are automatic and the appointment reminders are amazing.
ConsThe only con to me is the calendar. I would like to be able to go to the client and then view/select an open appointment.
Santiago D.
DVM
March 23, 2017

“Easy to use, can personalize to your needs and friendly staff!”

OverallI started my own practice 6 months ago and decided to give evetpractice a try after researching different softwares for weeks. I couldn't be happier with their product and attention to detail. I have an exotics only practice and have been able to customize the software to my specific needs. They are always one click, email or phone call away. Have been able to answer all my questions and they keep making monthly updates that make using the software even easier. I can write records from home or assess information from my phone/ipad/laptop anywhere I am. I would highly recommend this software to anyone looking to start a new business or in the process of switching from paper records. It synchs with other softwares and companies, so getting results from labs, registering microchipped pets and even using quickbooks has never been easier. My staff also loves the software and are very thankful for all the paper we save! Great team and great product!

By Covetrus on March 23, 2017
Hello Dr. Santiago, Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your support and feedback! The eVetPractice Team
March 23, 2017
Vanessa O.
September 18, 2019

“The Best Veterinary Software I've ever used”

OverallI've been a vet for 13 years using Cornerstone, Avimark, and Petware and E-Vet practice is better than all of them. Easier to use, easier to navigate, they are constantly updating and changing the site to make it better, the customer service is always fantastic, and I can access the system from any computer or smart phone at any time.
ProsEasyto use, easy to navigate, they are constantly updating and changing the site to make it better, the customer service is always fantastic, and I can access the system from any computer or smart phone at any time.
ConsI am currently frustrated with the payment system for the card readers.

Thank you, Dr. Orasky!
September 18, 2019
Lisa O.
Office Manager and Co-Owner
September 16, 2019

“Evet review”

OverallIt works well as business software but also as a bookkeeping tool.
ProsEase of use, features that facilitate quick access to info and invoicing
ConsI hate it when we generate invoices and these is a huge gap between the services listed - waste of paper and does not look professional.

By Covetrus on September 25, 2019
Hello Lisa, Thank you for your review. I've sent over your feedback on the invoicing, that is definitely a waste of paper! Thank you for trusting us to help you run your Equine business.
September 16, 2019
Berni W.
August 15, 2019

“There are much better options!!”

ProsI can not think of 1 thing I like which is why we are switching.
ConsThere are a lot of bugs with this system. On a daily basis it calculates invoices incorrectly, randomly decides which patient it wants you to be viewing, and it asks you for you pin number several times while you are trying to do something (System is supposed to ask for pin when its been idle for 10min or more). I have brought these bugs to the attention of the company multiple times and even provided them proof of the said bugs. It been over a year and they do not care to fix these issues. Also if you decide to switch software, good luck getting anyone at evetpractice to get you all the information you need to switch.

By Covetrus on August 30, 2019
Thank you for your feedback, Berni. We are so sorry to hear about your experience and understand your frustration. We reviewed your account and saw on 8/5 that a request came in to obtain a copy of data. Unfortunately, due to an internal error, your request was accidentally overlooked. Your follow up contact on 8/15 is when we were made aware of the error, and we immediately scheduled the data pull. Please know that the delay was not intentional, and we are working to create an automated process to prevent future delays and ensure a better experience for those who need a copy of their data. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to address your needs. All the best, The Covetrus Software Services team
August 15, 2019
Veterinary, 201-500 employees
April 22, 2019

“Maybe it's the learning curve...?”

OveralleVet has its quirks. Maybe it's the learning curve but somehow I find myself more frustrated using this platform than any other software I've used in vet med. There if definitely room to grow and I am excited to see the promising future eVet holds.
Proscloud based, can log in and access anywhere internet connection is achievable. Platform is also customizable.
ConseVet seems to have more "bugs" than I am used to using other softwares in vet med.

By Covetrus on July 24, 2019
Thank you for your feedback! We agree that eVetPractice is easily accessible and customizable. Keep an eye out for upcoming webinars! We are always adding new classes. Schedules are delivered directly to your inbox- we use the email listed on your account. If there is ever something specific you're looking for, we're here to help. Please feel free to send any questions, comments, or concerns to us via email at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com or using the chat within your eVetPractice software.
April 22, 2019
Jessica S.
Veterinarian/Practice Owner

“eVetPractice”

Proscloud based; integrated with Antech; customizable; tech support has been great; the software is constantly being improved and upgraded
Consthe fact that all patient reminders (including expired) don't show up on the client's homepage the print outs for customers could look a little more professional the reports can be cumbersome when trying to comb out date

By Covetrus on September 25, 2019
Hello Dr. Stumph, thank you for your review! We're focused on the continual improvement of our eVetPractice software. We hope that you are enjoying all of the latest features.
Stacy M.
April 25, 2016

“Turning a sceptic into a believer”

OverallGoing paperless has been one of my biggest fears and something I never believed I would ever do with my practice. I couldn't perceive how entering information into a computer for a patient's medical record could ever replicate the feel of having a physical chart in hand or even be able to effectively provide me with that information in the same way. I am a doctor who thoroughly records every little detail about the patient. Evetpractice has totally changed my mindset and turned me into a believer. Not only has it given me everything I need to effectively keep records and notations, it has provided me with a means to do even more than before with my charts and streamlined it all in such a way that is much more convenient and time efficient. All of our X-ray's, blood work, photos, etc... go straight into the patients record and can be easily pulled up for referral from anywhere that has internet access. The evet tech support is patient and goes out of their way to make things work. I had some concerns during the transition but Mel and the team were always there ready to help. There were a few migration issues that arose, i.e. discounts not moved over from the old software, inactivated clients were hidden in the new software and a few other small things; but, all in all went very smoothly especially considering we have a 10,000 client base that were moved over from a dated system. There are some things I would like to see changed and made more convenient in order to see results - fecals and OHW test being the main two. Overall the program is extremely user friendly and receives my highest recommendation.

By Covetrus on April 25, 2016
Thank you so much Dr. McCarty! We are honored to be working with you.
April 25, 2016
John T.
Owner - Veterinarian
September 20, 2019

“Great Software”

OverallWe love this product.
ProsI love the fact I can finish notes at home or anywhere if I need to. Also love the fact that they support wellness plans and monthly payments for those plans. Easy to use software that you can customize more than I will probably ever do.
ConsNot anything that I can think of at this time.

By Covetrus on September 25, 2019
Thank you for the kind words, Dr. Tiemann!
September 20, 2019
Linda M.
Veterinary Nurse
September 23, 2019

“100% Mobile Vet”

OverallHaving a dependable cloud based program allows us to work efficiently anywhere. The ability and ease of Covetrus (VFC), Idexx & Antech to easily pair and report directly into evet has been phenomenal.
ProsWe LOVE the portability of the software. Being 100% mobile allows us to be anywhere and use evet.
ConsThe inability to easily change to allow online access to our clients.

By Covetrus on September 26, 2019
Hello Linda! Thank you for your review. We're very happy to have you as an eVetPractice client. Glad to hear you are enjoying the full Covetrus ecosystem too! All the best!
September 23, 2019
Nicole K.
Veterinarian/ Owner
September 6, 2019

“This software is fantastic”

OverallIt has made my business very efficient and I have less IT hassles than with previous software I have used.
ProsExtremely Intuitive to use and there are quick videos and instant chat if you can't figure something out. It is also fantastic that I have access to my medical records whenever I need them on any device.
ConsI don't like that I have to do individual estimates for multiple pets in 1 family.

By Covetrus on September 11, 2019
Hello Dr. Kuhlmann! Thank you for the kind review!
John M.
Owner/ Manager
June 25, 2014

“It is greener in the cloud!”

OverallFor someone that has been a veterinary hospital owner since 1995 I came to the conclusion that I just had to suffer with less than adequate veterinary practice software until my business partner came across eVetPractice late last year. And boy am I glad he did. I know for all practice owners and office managers changing practice software can be horrifying because we all hate change BUT that's eVetPractice's strong suit - ease of changeover because of absolutely OUTSTANDING customer service. Our story is simple, our software was crashing around us because our old vendor had not planned on the next iMac update and we had to switch in 1 week (yes 7 days!) and amazingly eVetPractice made it happen - conversion of old data, online training and the willingness to customize some reports that we simply couldn't do without. Am I happy? Hell yes! Do I want to tell my competitors? Hell no! But it is great software, very flexible, intuitive and easily customizable. Our record keeping is better but our doctors do go a little slower, but our medical records are much better which saves us all time in the long run, and since we've gone to EMR we haven't misplaced one file. The integration of lab work into the medical records also makes client communication much easier and better and my doctors love using the software from home to follow cases. I couldn't be happier and would be pleased to answer any questions a prospective user of this software would have. I'm on the Dean's Advisory Council at the Oregon State University College of Veterinary Medicine and I'm recommend they switch to eVetPractice - that's how much I like it.
June 25, 2014
Barbara T.
October 21, 2015

“So happy that I found eVetPractice!!!! ”

OverallI own a house call practice exclusively for exotic animals and I'm always on the road. Keeping paper files was very challenging and I had being looking for a digital solution that could be stored in the cloud for a long time. I researched a lot and after I met the staff at one of the conferences I was really impressed. After you sign up it gets even better. It still feels like a family business and treat every client in a special way. The customer care is AMAZING. They truly make you feel special and they listen to all suggestions you might have. SO different than the big companies that just treat you well at the beginning to get your business and then don't care. Not to mention the difference in price. The website is easy to use and very intuitive. It allows a lot of personalization and you can even create your own forms and menus. Initially I had to customize it a lot for exotic animals but I got excellent guidance from the support team and learned how to make changes and add things very fast. I have been using it for almost 1 yr now and it always worked properly, without delays and never crashed. I love that they keep on adding functions to make it better and better. If you have an idea about something that could work well you can talk to the support team and they will try to create it for you. I use it in my computer, iPad and even iphone. I strongly recommend eVetpractice! One of the best things I did for my practice!

By Covetrus on October 21, 2015
Hello Dr. Tomaras, Thank you for the kind words! eVetPractice Team
October 21, 2015
Kholood H.
Veterinarian/Practice owner
May 14, 2019

“Easy to use from the beginning”

OverallWe started off using another cloud based service and it was TERRIBLE. Looked at Vetter and eVetpractice and decided on the latter due to how easy it seemed and the customer service is FANTASTIC. I have some minor complaints, but compared to other platforms, I'm very happy with this decision for our practice.
ProsVery straight forward, easy to learn and use.
ConsDoes not integrate with our radiology unit, would like to be able to customize some features

By Covetrus on July 24, 2019
Thank you for your kind words, Dr. Hassan!
May 14, 2019
Stacy R.
September 12, 2019

“Animal Medical Center Evet”

OverallOverall experience is great. It was easy to learn and integrated well.
ProsEasy to manage. Being able to go from one screen to another quickly.
ConsWe as a group don't like how the program tracks open invoices. It's a little confusing when there is an account balance. When a payment is made, it goes toward the oldest invoice so it is hard to tell whats been paid on.

By Covetrus on September 25, 2019
Hello Stacy! Happy to hear that you are enjoying eVetPractice. Check out the September 2019 release, I think you'll be happy to see some of the accounting changes we've made. All the best!
Anne C.
Veterinary Technician/Office Manager
September 13, 2014

“eVet Conversion - the Tale of 2 Offices.”

OverallWith a practice with 2 separate locations - there is always "extra" worry when it comes time for a data conversion. eVet was very attentive to our concerns and made the transition as seamless as possible. Any issues that arose were small ones and were taken care of almost immediately. As with any new system there is always a learning curve - and Eddie and his team have shown the utmost in patience as we made good use of their live support system. Response time is really remarkable - and suggestions for customization are always meet with a positive and timely response. The Lab Dashboard has really streamlined our communication with our clients regarding lab work and all communications are easily accessible via the "Communication Log". The ability to create our own templates for reminders, emails, documents and reports was really one of the strongest points for our choosing eVet. With a little coaching from the eVet team we are creating custom forms for all aspects of our office - something that we were unable to do with our previous system. Because we are not a paperless office yet - there are some features of eVet that are not as user friendly as they would be for a completely cloud-based EMR office. But I have no doubt that as we continue to work towards our goal of a paperless environment - eVet and their excellent support staff will be there to make the transition as smooth as possible.
September 13, 2014
Karen U.
Practice owner
December 7, 2016

“Lost a lot of data during our data migration”

OverallIf you are 100% paperless, you will lose data during the migration. We consistently lost data across the board. When it was brought to the attention of eVet, they were unable to retrieve the lost data. It's a very imperfect system. Fortunately for us, we have always printed paper copies of our records as a backup so we can still access our patients's medical records.
ProsLots of reports - still learning what they all do Appointment book is easy to schedule Sending mass emails is easy Can monitor chronic meds and non-wellness testing
ConsData loss during migration. Customer service must be over online chat or email. Linked items do not populate invoice/estimate when they are in a "Package" Can't link a County Dog License # to the "License" code Can't automatically allow all active clients to access client portal (have to do this individually) Vaccine quick reference box includes ALL vaccines given (even those that have expired and have been updated with new vaccines)
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are 100% paperless, do not choose this software because you WILL lose data.

By Covetrus on December 7, 2016
Hello Karen, I'm sorry to hear you have had some challenges. We will email you regarding the migration and look into what might be missing. We migrate from Intravet all the time and have had no issues in the past bringing in the data. As of now, we have corrected everything that was reported to us during the migration and go live period. Apparently that isn't the case anymore and we will work hard to resolve. Our support is available by phone, email, and chat. You also have access to your trainer AND account manager via email and phone. If you need to call into it, please call 866-973-3622 ext 1 to speak with a support technician. Thank you for the feedback and we will work with you to help resolve. eVetPractice Team
December 7, 2016
mesfin w.
Medical director
March 25, 2016

“Dependable. Customer service and technical support is wonderful.”

OverallPros: Cloud base accessibility, easy to navigate, reminder system and inventory system is great, Appointment Management, Billing & Invoicing, Boarding Management, Image Storage, Inventory Management, Patient Records, Prescription Labeling, Reminders, SOAP Notes, Treatment Management Cons: No clickable physical exam screen to record normal/abnormal findings that then shows on patient record, , not integrating with IDEXX ref lab, not able to email documents/lab results scanned or saved in evet as a document straight from evet, most often need to restart PC to have lab work from Abaxis vetscan transferred. Can't owners sign on a treatment plan unless it is an estimate; Can't make packages from smaller packages, would like to see more features in reporting,

By Covetrus on March 25, 2016
Hello Dr. Mesfin, Thank you for the kind words. We should be able to help address the clickable physical exam screen comment. That is something our system allows you to configure. I'll have your account manager reach out for assistance. We are integrated with IDEXX's reference lab, but we can only bring in the results. We are working with IDEXX to help us support bi-directional. If you need help setting that up, please use the live chat. I will write up the other suggestions if they do not already exist and hopefully we can get them added very soon. Thanks again for the review! Eddie and eVet team
March 25, 2016