Yelp Reservations Ratings

Overall
4.2/5

About Yelp Reservations

Restaurant reservation management software with direct access to over 97 million users on Yelp. Features include online reservations, walk-ins, waitlist management, pre-paid ticketing, future table assignment, and direct SMS with guests. No cover fees. Learn more about Yelp Reservations

Anvita S.
Tutor
Education Management, Self-employed
September 11, 2019

“Yelp Reservations is Convenient”

OverallOverall my experience with Yelp Reservations has never disappointed. I find it convenient that the software indirectly indicates when a restaurant has reservations available or when they even accept them. I have made many reservations for my family or groups of friends at various restaurants and every time the restaurant has been expecting our arrival. I would recommend using Yelp Reservations especially when you are already browsing through Yelp for information on the restaurant you are planning on visiting because you can get everything done in one place!
ProsWhat I like most about Yelp Reservations is that if I am browsing reviews and menus on a restaurant I know I want to visit, I have the convenient option of making a reservation quickly online. I like that I do not have to call, and that Yelp Reservations basically "filters" for me which restaurants even have the option to make reservations. I also really like that they have a wide range of times that are still available, and that I can put how many guests and that I receive a confirmation email so I know that my reservation has been successful.
ConsThere is not much to dislike about Yelp Reservations as it is a straight forward software that allows guests to make a reservation. Because I am so detail oriented, sometimes I do not like the doubt in my mind that maybe the restaurant did not receive my reservation, or the uncertainty that maybe the online options are not the most updated ones. I remember being skeptical about how the reservation system worked via Yelp the first time I used it, because I felt more comfortable calling the restaurant directly to make sure it was scheduled, but it turns out those doubts were for nothing as Yelp Reservations seems to have the most updated times available. I dislike not being in direct communication with the restaurant, in case more/other guests have called the restaurant and scheduled reservations at the same time as me, because Yelp does not indicate the volume of reservations at your selected time, and if the restaurant is contacted directly they may be better able to suggest a time that is less busy, or can confirm that there are still plenty of reservations available.
September 11, 2019
Jennifer A.
Resident Property Manager
Real Estate, 501-1000 employees
January 31, 2019

“drive customers to your business that you didn't even know you had.”

OverallWe really have seen an increase in traffic and revenue by using this. Also by setting up a reservation time, we can make sure that we are fully available to assist those customers that are coming in at that time.
ProsYelp reservations is a great way to make sure that YOU are the place your customers are going to. With your business listing on yelp, this option allows for customers to make a reservation without having to call or go to your website. If someone searches for your type of business, not only will your business pop up, but they will also be able to make a reservation. We have seen an increase in traffic and revenue since we have added this feature. We have found that more people are likely to go to you if they know that something has been set up ahead of time. For us, we run a storage and this allows customers to know that when they come, we will be expecting them, and be able to help them.
ConsThe only issue is it took us a while to get our information correct. Mind you this was user issue and did not have to do with the yelp add on. WE were having reservations come in that were outside of office hours. Once we got this straightened out and actually added the correct hours, it was no longer an issue. I would suggest that if your closing time sensitive establishment, that you cut your available reservation time to the amount of time that it would allow for you to assist that reservation so that you don't have issues.
January 31, 2019
March 23, 2018

“Perfect for our 200+ seat restaurant”

ProsI liked that Yelp Reservations made it easy to mark/manage/update a very large restaurant floor plan in realtime. In addition, people could make online reservations easily without fuss, and there were lots of options to customize reservation making and restaurant pacing.
ConsI did not like that the functionality was slightly different between the main laptop used and the iPads. Some buttons functioned differently, some with less of the same options.
March 23, 2018
Kelsey L.
senior qa engineer
Entertainment, Self-employed
September 9, 2019

“Yelp reservations has been great”

OverallYelp reservations has been straight forward and helpful when trying to get reservations for a lot of restaurants that do not have the capability.
ProsYelp and Yelp Reservations have been great. It makes reservations easy and convenient as the information is all in one place.
ConsCan be a little clunky on mobile but otherwise, there isn't a whole lot to dislike about the software.
September 9, 2019
April 18, 2018

“Great Experience - Always room for improvement”

OverallBe where your competition isn't!
ProsOn a website where reputation and reviews dominate, why not incorporate a way of making reservations through the platform as well. I love the idea of having a Yelp user check our website for pictures and reviews, and then further directly converting from the platform to make a reservation.
ConsMy only complaint is that the follow through with the leads we receive from reservations isn't super high. We have a huge drop off from number of reservations we receive vs. how many actually come in.
April 18, 2018
May 10, 2018

“Quickest way to make a reservation at a restaurant!”

ProsThe best features about Yelp Reservations include: easy of use, conveniency, and speed when booking a table at a restaurant. It's also really nice to have an option like this within the app because all the information, including reviews, photos, and directions for the particular place are on one page. It saves time as a guest because I don't have to call the restaurant directly, which saves both me and the receptionist time. Plus, during a busy evening at a restaurant, you don't always get through to someone.
ConsI am unsure of how quickly the platform updates cancellations or openings for its reservation windows. For example, the one good thing about speaking directly to a front desk person at the restaurant is that if they had a last minute cancellation, they can book you in that time slot immediately. There have been a few times where I've gone to book a reservation through Yelp, a time slot I wanted was unavailable, and I just called the vendor to see if there were any updates to the calendar and got in.
May 10, 2018
Medical Practice, 10,001+ employees
September 12, 2019

“Super cool option to save you time”

OverallThis is overall such a great resource for the average consumer! A must try for you during your next free time!
ProsYelp has always been a great resource for me to figure out more about the places around me and especially in regards to food options. Now this yelp reservations is an awesome tool for you to get ahead of the game and plan out your day and evening effectively to save you time and maximize your fun! Use it quick and easily with the app!
ConsThe app did have a few glitches at first, but recently it has really been on par. It's honestly at about the same level as other options out there, but I think more people using it and putting out reviews could really help point them in the right direction.
September 12, 2019
Accounting, 11-50 employees
August 1, 2018

“Pretty Standard and Easy Reservations App”

ProsI have always loved Yelp for reviews. Any time I try somewhere new, I always head to Yelp first. Having an app that allows me to make a reservation on the spot when I see something I like is super convenient, especially when planning dinners while traveling. I like that reservations, pictures, and reviews are all in one place.
ConsThe app versus the online version work a little differently so when you get used to one way on the phone you have to hunt for the function on the desktop. Not a huge complaint! Also, sometimes when I am searching for a certain location, the restaurants that come up are way outside of this location.
August 1, 2018
Megan V.
Account Manager
March 28, 2018

“Easy to use”

ProsReally like that the mobile app will go anywhere and can also track your location in order to get your opinion on the different places that you go.
ConsI really dont have any cons at this point. Just that new places should get on here asap so they can start getting great reviews and connecting with customers
March 28, 2018
Jenny M.
Brand Director
May 9, 2018

“I've used Yelp Reservations when I've been on Yelp and see reservations are available.”

ProsIf I'm already on Yelp looking for a restaurant and I happen upon a restaurant I definitely want to make a reservation at and see reservations are possible to book via Yelp directly, I'll use Yelp Reservations. The user experience is quick and seamless and comparable to reservation competitors like OpenTable and Resy. I like that because it's familiar, it's easy and it's not overcomplicated. The email confirmation follow-up is always good, too. Pretty standard, but good nonetheless.
ConsI dislike 2 main things about Yelp Reservations. First (on desktop) if you're on Yelp Reservations then decide to change what cuisine or what neighborhood you're looking for in the search bar, the search generates regular Yelp results vs. Yelp Reservation results. You have to click "Make a Reservation" again at the top, which is annoying and makes the experience slightly less seamless. It's not a HUGE issue, but one or two extra steps to a consumer is one too many since the reservation booking alternatives don't have this issue. Second, it's frustrating that the search results generate neighborhoods FAR beyond the neighborhood you're searching for. It makes sense for neighborhoods relatively near the original neighborhood search to pop up but it's just not OK for neighborhoods in different states to pop up. I'd MUCH rather have less search results pop up.
May 9, 2018
Özgür E.
Product Development Supervisor
Automotive, 10,001+ employees
May 27, 2019

“Easy to manage search, review and reservations from one app”

OverallYelp is amazing for the reviews; but has room for development when it comes to reservations. Restaurant network needs to be bigger and also communication with the restaurants need improvement for confirmation purpose. In short, requires still some time to be enough - but good as a start.
ProsYelp is an amazing app. Not only for the honesty of the reviews but also for the reservation feature as well. The best thing is that online reservation which prevent you to interact with restaurant employees; especially if they speak a different language. This really saves life when you're in abroad and looking for a restaurant. You can list and sort your reservations and also see contact information and address as well. You can also see it in calendar and manage.
ConsOne consequence is that Yelp is not common yet for the reservations. For example, Open Table is much more common. Another issue is that sometimes restaurants does not see the reservation; so you may be surprised when you go to the restaurant and ask for your table. You definitely need to download the app in order to manage reservations, read full reviews or e.g. menu photos to see.
May 27, 2019

“want it. get it. go.”

Prossimplicity. reliance on the crowd for ongoing validation and assessment. transaction support and integration
Conssometimes clunky. 'search' and 'results' are, too often, disconnected. multiple features and functionalities don't always work in synch
Julia H.
Personal Trainer/Small Business Owner
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
November 7, 2017

“Great way to find and compare restaurants, shops, hotels, etc. in any area I'm unfamiliar with.”

OverallEasy way to find local eateries wherever I am
ProsI love that Yelp gives you your proximity to current location, it's easy to compare places (if you click on a place that you are looking at, it opens in a new window which means you don't lose where you were looking). Reviews are by real people, and have typically steared me in the right direction. Great to have photos too!
ConsAnyone with an opinion can right it - whether they know anything or not. It's a bit of a catch 22 - anyone can provide a review but if they have a bad experience and rate someone horribly, star ratings go down and I do pay attention to that.
November 7, 2017
Joseph K.
Bartender
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
August 16, 2019

“Lot of set up intially”

OverallGreat experience with good customer service
ProsOnce everything is pre-set the system pretty much can run on its own
ConsA lot of time and planning is spent setting up how you want your restaurant flow to go
August 16, 2019
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
December 4, 2018

“Love this Yelp feature!”

OverallOverall I really enjoy using Yelp Reservations, and find myself reaching for it all the time.
ProsI like the ease of use with this software the most. It makes the process of making reservations incredibly streamlined, and allows for a ton of flexibility with scheduling/re-scheduling.
ConsOne issue would be the lack of solutions for when reservations at a restaurant are booked at a certain time. Showing alternative locations nearby with the same time slots would be a nice addition to this software. Perhaps notifications for if a certain time slot were to open up would be nice, too. One other issue is the lack of consistent use of this software by restaurants. If Yelp could work on expanding this feature to more restaurants, it would be even better!
December 4, 2018
jamison o.
support
Business Supplies and Equipment, 201-500 employees
March 13, 2018

“I use this when I don't want to wait. It cuts down time when you are busy and on the go. Easy to u”

OverallVery easy to use, Its quick and fast, and you review and decide if you want to go the establishment or not. Can be used from any device.
ProsThis is easy to use. In a fast busy environment this tool is convenient. I use this mostly on the weekends or when we have lunch meetings. This has saved me time. You walk in and in most cases directed to your table. The reviews are nice and links of the establishment. You can put this on any device.
ConsSome establishments don't honor this application. Hopefully in the future establishments will get on the right track.
Michele D.
Property Manager
February 15, 2019

“Great tool to use when traveling and looking for a good place to eat.”

ProsI enjoy the reviews and pictures other users share to help me make a more informed decision on where to choose.
ConsNothing, I love this app. I have enjoyed everything about it.
February 15, 2019
Kenneth Z.
Administrator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
January 26, 2019

“Yelp Helps!”

OverallI used Yelp Reservations at a very trendy restaurant that just opened in the area. The lobby was crowded and wait times were ridiculous. We were seated immediately and had a fine meal.
ProsI enjoy using and reading the reviews on Yelp when considering going to a new restaurant. Each review gives you an idea of how good a place can be. If I decide to attend a restaurant I enjoy the idea of quickly making reservations via Yelp. The process is easy and I never had a problem using this service. I appreciate that I can go to a crowded restaurant and be seated quickly knowing the reservation will be honored.
ConsI really don't have a problem with this software!
January 26, 2019
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
December 12, 2018

“Helpful app for reservations”

OverallI do like Yelp reservations but for the cost I think that the app interface should be much better.
ProsI like the simplicity of this app and that I am able to customize the tables to mimic what my restaurant floor looks like - makes reservations easier to manage
ConsI do not like the interface of this for mobile devices. I use two iPads to manage reservations and they will not sync with each other. One will show a table Is available and the other app will not update and show the same.
December 12, 2018
Cami B.
Real Estate, 5001-10,000 employees

“Yelp Reservations Rocks”

ProsI love this app! I make all my reservations on Yelp and have not had one fall through or be a problem. I select the restaurant, time and number of people and once I submit the request, I get a text confirmation with my details and off we go to have lunch or dinner. Great for setting up meals with clients or friends and family. Love love love it.
ConsNone at this time, I have not had any negative or less than positive situations while using Yelp Reservations.
Ryuta I.
March 12, 2018

“Easy reservation app”

ProsGood when you need to make reservations online. HIt also has reminder systems by email and text messages.
ConsIf you are the one who is getting the reservation through this app, there will be a lot of no shows. Should have some penalty to users who do not show up without canceling.
March 12, 2018
Dana D.
Back Office
Restaurants, 51-200 employees
April 25, 2019

“great way to tie into reviews and reservations”

ProsYelp is one of the most visited sites so it naturally helps restaurants. We like using their reservation system as it helps attract new customer base. Typically those who use it for reservations will also use it for a follow up compliment or review.
ConsHaving the back end/office side more user friendly for expanding reservation base. Updates via app so we can constantly look and change our books.
April 25, 2019
Erin H.
UIUX designer
Design, 1-10 employees
December 31, 2018

“Yelp app review”

Proslarge database of restaurant and value reviews
ConsYelp Elite Squad system is confusing for user
December 31, 2018
Omar A.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
August 17, 2018

“Do not use it for advertisement, it is great as free service only”

OverallGreat as free service, and the worst platform for the worth of dollar for advertisment.
ProsAs a user Yelp is good and helpful, even though we have some reviews which are not reliable.
ConsI did got an offer to do paid advertisment using the Yelp business platform. It was my worst experience ever. The sales person gave me very good statistics about my business and other business for the paid ads. They pushed me to sign a contract with them for 6 months with a minimum amount ( i cant remember exactly). When i started, i found that the avarage click payment is much higher than expected. Then when I requested to cancel the contract, they requested me to pay a penelty fees. This shocked me, and I found my self that I have to continue with them. I did continue but I was totally unhappay and I told them this is cheating. After 6 months of paid ads, I didnt recieve any valuable leads from yelp. I told them I dont want to deal with your company any more. And after that I am recieving sales calls once or twice every week!!! I told them I dont want to deal with you, and the calls are still going till today, more than two years.
August 17, 2018
Kelly F.
February 7, 2019

“Yelper special”

OverallI love it and makes life on the go much easier .. it helps me really tackle a new city when it comes to dining
ProsI love that this app is a like a one stop shop for me. I'm busy on the go and constantly travel, so not only can I find reviews. Coupons. Numbers and directions I can also get ahead and make my reservations . Love love love it!
ConsI wish more restaurants would catch on and upload their information.
February 7, 2019
Automotive, 501-1000 employees
April 12, 2019

“A Lifeline in a New City ”

OverallI love how easy it is to find new restaurants and make reservations right from an app on my phone. Yelp Reservations allows me to make reservations without calling the restaurant. I have never had any issues with this software and will continue to use it both at home and in new cities.
ProsI love how easy it is to find and make restaurant reservations.
ConsThere is nothing I would change about this software.
April 12, 2019
Brian O.
Patient experience specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
October 4, 2018

“Great feature in a great app”

ProsThis makes the already great product more comprehensive. I tend to uses and select services that have this feature enabled. It shows me that they are really trying to be customer oriented.
ConsWhile this is a great feature it doesn't seem as seamless as it can be. I feel that it can be a bit more seamless and have less steps when making reservations.
October 4, 2018
February 15, 2018

“Found so many hidden gems thanks to reviews! ”

OverallBroadened my food choices!
ProsI love what I find on here. I can find quality restaurants that are normally not seen, though thanks to wonderful reviews I uncover hidden gems in NYC.
ConsSometimes there are establishments listed that are no longer in business saying they are currently active. It would be great if the locations were updated on a more regular basis.
February 15, 2018
Gina C.
Project Coordinator
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
September 17, 2019

“Simple reservation option”

OverallIt's been an easy way to check availability and to make reservations.
ProsYelp Reservations makes it easy to make reservations at nearby establishments. It takes the guesswork out of whether there is availability.
ConsIt's so simple that there is exactly one function - making a reservation. If you need anything more or even just slightly different, it can't help you.
September 17, 2019
Joshua M.
Territory Manager
September 10, 2019

“Make Reservations at Your Favorite Restaurants ”

OverallI've never had any issues with them. The benefits are being able to get a reservation at the time you want at your favorite restaurants. I wish more restaurants used this platform.
ProsI like that I can make a reservation at my favorite restaurants anytime I want. Especially on the weekends when some of the places are extremely busy. It makes it very easy to make sure I get a table and don't have to wait for a chance to sit down. It is an extremely useful tool. I really prefer it to some of the other competition.
ConsI wish it were a tad bit more interactive where I could actually talk to the business. But other than that this is completely a good platform.
September 10, 2019
Diego d.
May 15, 2019

“Yelp Review”

ProsYelp has changed the way I look for restaurants. Now it is as simple as going into an app and look for nearby restaurants or shopping malls. Yelp includes their price range, location, descriptions, reviews, and photos. This allows the customer to have a full virtual idea of the place they are looking into.
ConsYelp works best in the US which makes sense since it is a US company but it would be great if it worked internationally like in Central America.
May 15, 2019
Ramin L.
Mortgage Loan Officer
Real Estate, 501-1000 employees
April 24, 2019

“Easy to use, does what it needs to do- on the site anyway, may as well use it. ”

OverallIt's an easy tool. I would even advise Yelp to extend it towards gyms and healthclubs something similar to a classpass model where people can just sign up for a class through Yelp.
ProsIt's simple and since we're on Yelp trying to determine where to go, what to eat it's a great tool to just take care of the reservation while we're on the page instead of going to opentable.com. There's not a lot more to rave about, it just does what it needs to do!
ConsI cannot think of anything I would dislike. I've used it a handful of times and so far the restaurants seem to have a handle on it. I would actually use this more often if restaurants utilized the services more but I would imagine it costs money to do so.
April 24, 2019
John M.
Partner
April 9, 2019

“As good a way as any to make a dinner reservation - dare I say a better way?!”

OverallYelp Reservations is an awesome and needed innovation. I have used it with success many times, and I'll continue to use it :)
ProsYou can make reservations on the same app that you use to find new restaurants, or to find restaurants in an unfamiliar place, meaning you don't have to go find that restaurant's website to book, find hours, etc, or open another app like Open Table or Tock! Cuts out extra steps, makes things easier, super valuable for the traveller, the recent transplant, or the simply hangry!
ConsYep does a lot, but it does SO much that sometimes the feature you want/need is difficult to find. Busy interface, plus the fact the the restaurants don't necessarily check or correct the content of their Yelp page means sometimes things don't work out like you expected. But Yelp does a good job of being accurate most of the time!
April 9, 2019
Jeff C.
Marketing Manager
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
January 29, 2019

“Great Resource For Restaurants”

ProsI work with a lot of restaurants and have found Yelp Reservations to be solid tool. I've integrated lots of other reservation systems for restaurants on their websites and have always had a good experience with yelp. Very easy code integration...and on the consumer side, you can book a reservation in less than a minute...very easy system to use.
ConsAll restaurant reservation systems are sort of expensive now a days and Yelp is no exception. It does include table management and some trackable analytics that can be very helpful. Overall it's a good system to use for restaurants with a decent amount of traffic.
January 29, 2019
Faith M.
Nurse
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
August 13, 2018

“Yelp Reservations Review ”

OverallMy overall experience with this software has been great. It's not perfect but nothing is perfect. We can't expect perfection even with this. But surely appreciate using it!
ProsThe thing I like most about this software is how easy it is to get a reservation at restaurants I want to go to.It's just so much easier especially when it's a bigger party I'm reserving for. It just makes like a little simpler instead of waiting for someone to pick up the phone for long periods of time.
ConsThe thing I like least about this software is that sometimes it is not fully updated. There are times when it's lagging and won't allow us to push forward with the reservation causing us to still call and wait to see if it was valid or not.
August 13, 2018
Construction, 51-200 employees
June 18, 2018

“Big fan of Yelp”

ProsEasy to use. It's great to be able to look at a restaurant's reviews and any photos and then reserve through the app without having to leave and reserve through another app.
ConsSometimes a location I'm looking for has moved or closed and Yelp can be a little slow to update this. I don't have too many complaints.
June 18, 2018
amy m.
student
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
August 22, 2019

“reviews are very useful”

Overalli've made over 20 reservations with those software, it's great!
Prosi like using yelp to read reviews on certain restaurants and subsequently reserve bookings at those restaurants
Consunfortunately, not everyone has it, and not all restaurants can be booked through this software, which i would love
August 22, 2019
Tamieka G.
Program Coordinator
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees
July 19, 2018

“Yelp is awesome!”

ProsI love the fact that you are provided with a list of restaurants, but you can search for the restaurant that you want to dine at and book a reservation with ease. The process is very simple and fast! It can use your location to find restaurants near you, or you can simply search by a different location on your own. You can even search by cost and that's awesome!
ConsThere is nothing bad that I can say about this software! It's one of the easiest to use so I have no complaints at all!
July 19, 2018
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees
July 13, 2018

“I always use Yelp!”

ProsThe app is really easy to use. So making reservations using the app beats having to make a phone call for reservations. You can also receive message updates regarding your reservations.
ConsNot all the restaurants listed accept reservations. I noticed Yelp is slow to update information on restaurants that have moved to a new location.
July 13, 2018
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
May 31, 2019

“Very easy to make reservations via Yelp”

OverallI use Yelp whenever I plan to dine outside. It has been a great experience using Yelp because their reviews are generally honest. The Yelp Reservation has made me even more convenient when using Yelp.
ProsWhen I first reserved a restaurant through Yelp, I wasn't sure if this will work. But surprisingly it is very convenient and accurate. Only few clicks are needed to reserve a spot for you. It saved much time for me because I used to make phone calls to do it.
ConsI am not sure if Yelp charges a fee to local restaurants when I reserve through Yelp. If this is the case, I will feel sorry for the local owners. I wish Yelp makes clear about this matter.
May 31, 2019
Jennife N.
Marketing Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
July 16, 2019

“Super easy to make reservations”

ProsYelp always makes everything dead simple to use. It's reservations product is no different. I like the number of restaurants to browse. Super easy to book a table.
ConsNothing. It couldn't be easier to use when you need reservations in a pinch.
July 16, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
February 19, 2019

“Great way to make reservations”

ProsThis is a great reservation management system. I always use this to ensure my reservations are correct . I have never been disappointed. It saves me so much time!
ConsThere was nothing that I disliked! Everything was great about this program
February 19, 2019
Jess L.
Software Analyst
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
February 1, 2019

“Yelp is amazing !!!! ”

OverallGreat software/application! Definitely recommend!
ProsReading food reviews on yelp and picking restaurants for when I travel out of state is the easiest!
ConsSometimes it provides me with restaurants that are out of my mileage.
February 1, 2019
Diana H.
Dispatcher
February 20, 2018

“This is absolutely the best ever application ! Super easy, just download and you are ready to go.”

ProsGreat!!! Awesome!!! We actually use this application a lot. Ever trip that we go on to be exact. My children's first words are, mom look on yelp! When we send out tech's out of town we use this app to help them find places that are close to them.
February 20, 2018
John H.
Managing Member
August 15, 2019

“convenience at your fingertips”

Prosease of use and functionality comes to mind as a major Pro. Also, lots of choices make it handy when I need to use it.
Conswish more people and restaurants used the service.
August 15, 2019
Elyse B.
Real Estate, Self-employed

“Save time”

ProsOnce day I remember wanting to grab a tasty brunch with the girlfriends. Being that we were going to do a specific search for brunch, we knew that it would be a wait wherever we went. Sure enough, the highly suggested place had the option of showing an updated wait time and an option to make a reservation. We jumped on it right away. I use yelp a lot but had never made a reservation, nor remembered it was an option. Totally convenient and a completely smart concept.
ConsNot all locations have this option though.
Jayden F.
Student
Recreational Facilities and Services, 201-500 employees
August 12, 2019

“Takes almost all of the pain out of a night out in the city.”

OverallIt is the ultimate timesaver, both as a host and as a customer.
ProsIt is incredibly simple on the users' end. Simple locate a participating restaurant's Yelp page and add your name to the 'waitlist'. Here you are given an estimated wait time, how many tables are ahead of you, and averages for how long that particular location usually seats folks under similar circumstances. Now instead of waiting for an hour or two on site on a Friday night, you can simply add your name and head out when the app notifies you.
ConsThere is no email or texting service. You are at the liberty of the app, making it difficult to confirm or double check, should you make any mistakes. However, once you are 'in-line', there are very few ways to mess anything up regardless. However, a lack of any "signup" or confirmation takes some security off the table.
August 12, 2019
adrienne l.
nursing student
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
August 1, 2019

“yelp review”

Prosi like that yelp lets me book reservations easily and provides reviews about the places i want to visit
Consi don't like that not all the restaurants i like can be booked through yelp
August 1, 2019
Shelly K.
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
July 25, 2019

“Yelp has it down!”

ProsYelp alone is the go to app for finding just about everything but the feature of adding a reservation button just made it easier! So now when as a consumer I'm looking for somewhere to eat and then I can on the same page make reservations as well. We love using in. And working with the software it's good to know we're able have people come directly from the browsing into our store.
ConsThey only problem I find is that not all restaurants have it. I think if more restaurants had this feature it would be more commonly used.
July 25, 2019
Rebeka S.
Self
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
July 22, 2019

“Yelp Reservations”

ProsYelp Reservations has really streamlined the process of restaurant reservations, since so often you're using Yelp to scope out where you want to eat. Now if you like the reviews and you want to physically go, you don't have to go to another reservation site to see if the restaurant is on that platform; you can just easily make the reservation directly with Yelp. I also appreciate the email and calendar reminders that Yelp defaults to.
ConsThe only thing I wish was different (and maybe this functionality exists, I just didn't look closely enough) is that the reservation defaulted to my google calendar and I primarily use my Outlook calendar. If the option to choose the calendar is there, that would be great.
July 22, 2019