ReservationKey Ratings

Overall

About ReservationKey

ReservationKey is feature rich yet the most cost effective solution for the lodging industry. Our users include, Hotels, Motels, Resorts, Property Management, and many more. We offer a 30-day free trial, free set-up, free customization, mulit-language with all the features found in other systems, but at a much lower price. Big enough to handle all your needs, yet low key enough where you can work directly with the owner and founder of the company. Serving thousands of clients for over 12 years. Learn more about ReservationKey

Daryl Ann K.
Host, Owner
September 17, 2019

“I love Reservation Key!”

OverallI love knowing that the online interface is up to date. I love being able to check just who canceled. I love that it saves everything even when I forget. I love that it connects to channel managers and Square. Did I mention that I love Reservation Key?
ProsFirst, this software is easy enough that an old Great Granny like me can do it. That in itself is a huge plus. Admittedly, it gives me an opportunity to learn and grow (senior brain plasticity is a good thing)! However, John and his staff are ALWAYS timely in answering questions. The Forum provides quick answers from Customer Support and gives suggestions in one spot. The Forum is one of my favorite places to head when I have trouble. The videos also show just how to set things up. On a very personal level, I know that team lead developed this software and has remained at the helm of the business. Dealing with the owner directly is a huge plus. I feel like a well-loved family member rather than a business customer. What incredible customer service! I also love the housekeeping reports. Those keep us clean and take the confusion out of running multiple reservations. This year we added RV Sites and Hunting to our facility. Customer Support help was timely and generous. We've used Reservation Key for at least 10 years if my (admittedly elderly) brain serves me correctly. I would not think of changing! Thank you, Reservation Key, for being part of our lives and business!
ConsThis software goes above and beyond my expectations. So grateful!
September 17, 2019
Pamela W.
President/owner
June 14, 2019

“Great partner for our business”

OverallWe are a small, family-owned, unique property with a loyal clientele. I spent several years searching for reservation software. Nothing was a good match for us. We found ReservationKey through a guest whose daughter was an innkeeper. We have a loyal customer since 2012.
ProsAs a former technology teacher, I appreciate representatives expertise with all the complexities when dealing with software and how to integrate with so many moving parts. He and his team are very customer friendly and responsive. representative is always open to new ideas and works hard to keep improving his software to meet customer's needs and changes in the market. ReservationKey is very customizable. It is easy to make large or small tweaks to one's reservation page or pricing without having to pay a programmer. While this may seem like a little thing, one of our needs was the ability to mark a reservation as 'Do Not Move.' Our loyal customers request their favorite units and trust that we will not disappoint. This need confused other software vendors, while ReservationKey had an easy-to-use solution. I see representative working out similar solutions for other businesses' unique needs. ReservationKey has many add-ons. The list of reports is extensive and are extremely helpful when making business decisions. I find the User's Forum useful, not only for the software but also for new business ideas. The software is easy to use and offers many built-in training tools for new staff. I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to try to run our business without ReservationKey.
ConsNot many. I struggle with some of the overall financial reports and find it easier to build what I need in Excel. However, that may be more a function of how I work rather than a problem with ReservationKey.
Michael v.
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
February 16, 2019

“Unless you are a chain hotel, there is no reason to use anything else.”

OverallPretty much flawless.....We've been using this system for about a decade now....I think it's gone down a total of 4 times during that decade (that's definitely over 99.99% uptime). Any downtime is minimal (usually a few minutes,) and things come back up with minimal hiccoughs. Honestly...this software...it's perfect for small-medium businesses.
ProsSimple, intuitive, easy to use. I love every view, and the flexibility of adding custom fields. Exporting customer data and payment data, through csv is a god send. The price is amazing for what you get...and the support is fast and reliable. I have used many different PMSs in my career, for both large chain, and small boutique hotels.
ConsIt would be nice to be able to have different custom fields based on the type of customer (Transient, group, business traveler, or a monthly tenant.) Rather than the same fields for every reservation. I wish the payment details report could also show taxes and levies (if any) paid for each line item. The expense reports need a bit of work...but they are INCREDIBLY helpful for smaller business who do not have their own accounting system. I love the expense by vendor page for sorting out Booking.com/expedia commissions (and I love how it automatically calculates those commissions through our connection through myallocator.) However, the dates of those reported commissions are listed when the reservation is created....not when the reservation actually checks out (which is when the commission is actually charged.) This makes extrapolating, or verifying commisions from monthly commission bills (from OTAs,) more difficult.
February 16, 2019
Marc Y.
Owner/Operator
September 25, 2018

“Great reservations system, integrates well with your web site, excellent features, highly recommend!”

OverallWe have enjoyed full integration with our own web pages such that you don't even realize that you are using RK's booking engine. It was fairly easy (if you know some HTML/CSS) to integrate and RK's support is fast and thorough, thanks to customer support staff. RK is fast and reliable for our needs and works well with our desktop computers, Android/Apple phones and tablets while on the road. The grid shows inventory status nicely with out clutter. Very configurable for colors, column sized and titles. This is the screen you work with almost almost all of the time, so it need to be what you want to see and allow you go make important elements obvious with color and fonts, etc. RK does it all! Highly recommended!
ProsMany pages of reports and settings, very configurable to our needs. Short learning curve to get going. Links are provided on many pages which can be sent to people or staff to load a selected report or page. Plenty of CSS configurations are available as well as "custom text" for things that appear on RK's pages. Lots of photos of your rooms and description space. Can be configured for rooms and RV/Tent sites as we have here.
ConsNot many, we have used this system for 6 or 7 years and once set up it is a daily part of our routines. I think there is still a small issue on bill totals, it doesn't agree with our cash register, off by pennies. Couldn't adjust for first nights deposit to consider multi-night discounts on that amount, so we still have to hand calculate the 1st night deposit for longer stays.

By ReservationKey on October 3, 2018
Thank you for the great review! Yes, we have worked hard to make things as configurable as possible, while keeping the interface clean and simple. We are glad to hear you are enjoying those features. We will take a look at the report issue you've noted and will see if we can correct that.
Ron L.
June 14, 2019

“Best Bang for your Buck”

OverallWe have been using ReservationKey for 8 years now and would give it an overall rating of 9.8 We have been very pleased with its functionality and capability and for our needs it has been a very cost effective solution. We would highly recommend giving this try.
ProsEasy to initially set up Simple to use and menus make sense for the most part Lots of capability for the money Very cost effective when compared to other products/services Integrates well and simply into our web site Integrates with Tripadvisor so you don't need to use an OTA Support is responsive when an issue has popped up RK is constantly working on improvements and upgrades
ConsThere are a few reports which could be added or improved The gift certificate function could be updated and provide more ability to customize
Sheri S.
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
March 7, 2019

“Love their Free Trial and the product they offer!”

OverallVery positive experience so far! I look forward to working with this tool more!
ProsI love the 30 day Free Trial they offer. The product is really easy to use and the free trial allows you to decide if you like the product and if it meets the needs of your lodging business. I found that I really like the ease of use. I've used other reservation software programs and have found that often times you aren't able to see all the pieces of the puzzle in one place. What I like about Reservation Key is that I can see at a glance the daily rate, the minimum stay and any promotions that I may have incorporated. With other products I've found that I have to drill down and open up several windows to be able to see all of this information. Not so with Reservation Key. I also like how quickly information about daily rates and minimums can be copies over to in the individual rate plans that you set up. I'm still learning Reservation Key but am extremely happy with what I've seen so far. The customer service is great! If you have a question and cannot reach someone via phone they return your call very quickly and respond to emails. Lastly I like the guest user end look. Availability is attractively displayed when a guest is searching for availability. The page is displayed well and is easy for a guest to use to quickly make a booking. There are also many features included in this product and at a very fair price. I like the email templates that are included and the flexibility of being able to change them or to create your own and schedule the emails automatically.
ConsI would like to see more ready made templates for the availability display that a guest does see. Reservation Key offers a few limited ready made options, that said...they do offer to customize the look of that page for a reasonable fee. Well worth it if you would like the user end of the system to match the look and feel of your website.
March 7, 2019
Peter R.
October 13, 2018

“Easy to get started and use.”

OverallReservation Key has been fairly faultless in helping me run my business. I wanted a simple platform to get me started in running a bed and breakfast and I have stuck with them for that reason, despite monthly calls from the competition.
ProsWe went straight on to Reservation Key when establishing our bed and breakfast some time ago. We wanted software that was fairly simple to get started and represented excellent value for money compared to the competition. Help was always available during this process and, since then, additional support has been readily available, often within 12 hours through e-mail and sometimes over the phone if necessary.
ConsCould do with a few more options for credit card processing. We went to Yapstone a couple of years ago and the cost of processing has increased beyond what I consider to be reasonable, especially for a small three room bed and breakfast.

By ReservationKey on June 17, 2019
Thank you for your long time support and use of the system. Besides Yapstone (currently 2.75%) we also integrate with a number of other processors - authorize.net, Square, GoEMerchant, and PayPal. Update: As of June, 2019 we now also support Stripe.
Reinhold M.
Co-owner, Manager
April 25, 2019

“many years of great experience”

OverallIn our experience the integration with MyAllocator was one of the biggest achievements that the company did and it happened just in time for us, when it became unfortunately necessary to join OTA to keep bookings strong. The customer service of this company is simply outstanding. Whenever you have question, they get resolved via the "forum" , which seems to be a great way to communicate. In our memory we never needed a problem solved over the phone.
ProsWe are using Reservation Key since 2012 and chose it because at this time it was one of the most affordable softwares around and easy ti use. The integration into our website and customizable look made it an outstanding choice. Of course the customer service was ready to help setting things up to our liking. Never once did we feel we made a wrong choice. The software definitely has all the features you might be looking and we must admit that we don't even take advantage of things that are there to run a successful business.
ConsFor us cons don't exist. Only this question seems to be a con since it is looking for more words.
Linde D.

“Flexible and Responsive”

ProsI've been using Reservationkey for years. It is reasonably priced, very versatile, so I can set up an interface that I prefer. It links well with other sites like MyAllocator, so all of my sites are in sync, which helps prevent double bookings. Most of all, the representative is very responsive. If I don't understand something or I want to do something unusual, he helps me get the problem solved quickly and graciously. Reservationkey is constantly being expanded and improved, so I am even more satisfied with it now than when I first started using it.
ConsIt can be wonky, sometimes I have to use a little html to get exactly what I want, but that just adds to the flexibility. I'm sure that if you don't know any html, the representative would take care of your needs directly, though.

By ReservationKey on October 4, 2018
Thank you for your very nice comments. Yes, by adding HTML to most of our fields it is possible to really get creative in what you can do. As you've noted, we are happy to help out with this whenever anyone has questions about it.
Josh B.
inn keeper
November 3, 2018

“C'est La Vie Inn B&B review”

OverallI have found Reservation Key user friendly and intuitive. I have appreciated the technical support when I have had questions on the inner workings of Reservation Key. We bought and started to run C'est La Vie Inn Bed and Breakfast a year ago with no previous experience in running a B&B. It was hit the pavement running and Reservation Key made this transition much easier with its day by day display screen showing current reservations and those that have, for a variety of reasons, have cancelled. I have enjoyed setting up rate plans for the rooms as well as the rate adjustments for local special events that tend to lead to peak occupancy. I would certainly recommend this product to others.
ProsI have found Reservation Key user friendly and intuitive. I have appreciated the technical support when I have had questions on the inner workings of Reservation Key. We bought and started to run C'est La Vie Inn Bed and Breakfast a year ago with no previous experience in running a B&B. It was hit the pavement running and Reservation Key made this transition much easier with its day by day display screen showing current reservations and those that have, for a variety of reasons, have cancelled. I have enjoyed setting up rate plans for the rooms as well as the rate adjustments for local special events that tend to lead to peak occupancy. I would certainly recommend this product to others.
ConsNone
November 3, 2018
Jessica D.
Proprietor
November 2, 2018

“Best system for the money, excellent support, great for newbies and experienced users!”

OverallAbsolutely excellent! From functionality, to support, to progress, 5 stars.
ProsLots of help to get set up and once you are up and running, super community for assistance, as well as developer assistance. The system of communication with our guests has been a huge part of our success in gathering reviews and staying in touch with our guests. The calendars and reports make the day to day management super easy and I love the ability to set up multiple logins to track the work of my staff. All the tools I could ever need at a price that I can afford for my small business! (No, I was not paid to write this! Promise....I've been using the system for well over 5 years and have met with almost every other provider out there...every one is missing a key feature and are charging more!)
ConsSince I am being forced to choose something I like least, I suppose I'll go with the themes, but that's not really a negative....ask for help and you shall receive!
November 2, 2018
David W.

“ReservationKey Software”

OverallExtremely cost-effective solution for easily tracking bookings and customers for my small B&B. I tried several others over the 16 years I've been in business and am very happy to have finally found something that works well for me!
ProsSuper-responsive customer support where you can talk directly with owner of the business who seems to be intimately involved in the actual software development. (Probably does his own coding, is my impression.) He engages with you until you have a solution, and is very appreciative of suggestions and feedback, always improving the software. This is full-featured software, but from a small business that is still super-responsive to its customers.
ConsStill a few odd quirks with the software, in my opinion. Like the tax is calculated by item and then added up afterward so it often does not match to the penny the tax that is charged by my credit card processing system - so I have to make manual adjustments on receipts.
Charla T.
Owner/Operator
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
October 4, 2018

“RK helped me grow by business”

OverallWe love it! If you have a handful of units and are still using spreadsheets to keep track of reservation data, do yourself a favour and sign up for RK. Easy set up, and helps owners provides a higher level of service to their guests. Definitely worth the investment.
Pros-That the designers truly cared. They were active in the User Forum. We could suggest ideas and see them be implemented. -The price point made it a simple decision to to sign up even when we had just a few units. The time saved by using RK more than paid for the Monthly Fee. It was a great return on investment. -We love the AutoEmails, Yield Management Settings, being able to easily take resrverations online,
Cons-It doesn't push our listing content to Online Tracel Agents. We just update those manually. -The Property Listings have just a TextBox to describe the prooerty. It would be nice to have some standard fields like "# of Bedrooms" or "Square Footage" so that the information could be displayed more consistently.
Margo R.
July 9, 2019

“Great product”

OverallHave been using since 2014 and not planning to change any time soon. I was able to set it all up with a minimal help. Support is great. Even though I am in different time zone it never takes long to get the help. Thank you, it makes my life easier.
ProsOnce set up the system is easy to use and update the info as needed.
ConsThere is nothing that I do not like about it.
July 9, 2019
Judy B.
September 25, 2018

“They Anticipate Your Needs!”

OverallOver time with experience, I have been able to communicate with my guests more efficiently. It makes my website look much more professional with this software and it presents my property as an up to date, modern facility with the technical capabilities of a much larger property.
ProsI can modify so many things on my own. Whenever I need an answer to a dilemma, I just go to the Tutorial Page and search out my problem. Or, I just sign onto the Forum and look for a similar situation to my own. Case in point, I was able to adjust my confirmation template on my own just by using the search mode on the Forum and I'm all set with a solution to a problem.
ConsSometimes I wish there was a chat option but I understand how the team feels about this program and they have very hands on.

By ReservationKey on October 3, 2018
Thank you for the nice review and idea about having a chat option. That could be a nice enhancement we add in the future. We are glad to hear you find our forum and tutorials useful.
Steve F.
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
September 26, 2018

“Been using Reservationkey going on 8 years”

OverallI love that fact that when we had a question the founder of the company would respond. He was always willing to solve problems or create software to solve our questions. He is great and I hope he never sells the company to a larger company that does not care about its customers like he does.
ProsIt essentially runs the back end of my business as well as it links to the front end through our website and online calendars.
ConsIt was difficult to set up but one it was set up any questions I had got answered quickly. I would like to to be able to add a cleaning schedule that links with my calendar so I could create a schedule for my cleaners that showed specific check in check out dates and the names of the parties.

By ReservationKey on October 4, 2018
Thank you for being long time users and for your nice review. We do have two housekeeping reports that you could take a look at to see if those would work for your cleaners. We also have a way to link to calendar reports, so perhaps those could be used for the cleaners.
Jeanine P.
Owner/Office Manager
June 14, 2019

“So easy and so many options ”

OverallWhen we started our business, we had never used any software for the hospitality industry. We picked it up in about five minutes of training. You constantly are learning as they bring on new reports, and updates to the software. For a total of only 8 cabins, this is the best price we have ever found, still to this day.
ProsWe are Rustic River Cabins, love ReservationKey. So easy to add, remove, and quote guest for reservations. We have been running ReservatioKey for seven years and would not have any other software. The calendar, on the page is one of my favorite features. I can not only see all my reservations, but I also can see my schedule by just clicking in a box.
ConsHonestly, I can not think of a thing.......support is great, community will help you out if you cant figure something out.
Laura F.
May 3, 2019

“Excellent value for the cost”

OverallOverall I am very happy with the service provided by ReservationKey, and am particularly pleased with the excellent customer support and ability to directly communicate with the developers.
ProsThe software is highly customizable, so it can be made to fit your property exactly the way you want to run it. The visual layout of the calendar is excellent, and the direct booking platform is easy to manage.
ConsManaging pricing is still a little tricky, though they've been making ongoing improvements ever since I started using the software in 2015. Basic pricing, discounts, and things like minimum stay requirements are easy enough, but once you start getting into the really fancy stuff (multiple rates per room varying by season, to be super specific), the software is still functional but currently lacks elegance.
May 3, 2019
Jim H.
February 15, 2019

“Suggested by Innkeeping friends”

OverallHaving used pencil and paper for our small motel for over twenty years Reservation Key allows us to offer guests the chance to book or view available rooms online and cuts out a ton of telephone calls.
ProsWe have used for several years, price is reasonable and it does what I need. Prior to using Reservation Key we used pencil and paper and took reservations by telephone (many years) wife isn't a computer person. Reservation Key allows our guests to book online and does a good job in my view. I check the RK forum often for new ideas and my education.
ConsAt the moment I can't think of any negatives, does what we need. I see others comments about minor differences in money totals, having worked with a database in a prior job, well every bit of software seems to round a bit differently.
February 15, 2019
Keren C.

“We Love ReservationKey”

ProsThe software is easy to use and intuitive. If you have a question, it's easy to search the FAQs and find a detailed answer with links to their blog and videos on how to get where you need to go. Additionally, they are pretty quick about getting back to you about a problem.
ConsThe only thing we think could make this better, is easier integration with the third party sites, without having to buy another piece of software to interact.

By ReservationKey on October 4, 2018
Yep, we agree, we need more direct connections to OTAs such as booking.com and Expedia. These projects are top on our list. For these channels we work currently through a channel manager. We do have a direct connection with TripAdvisor TripConnect and iCal links work well for Airbnb and VRBO among other. Thank you for your very nice review, and for being a long time user of the system.
Burney B.
October 13, 2018

“ReservationKey is a good value”

OverallReservationKey has worked well, and has been improving over the years that we have been using it. Customer service has been good when issues have come up.
ProsThe platform is flexible, with the ability to make many different reservation pages. It also works well with MyAllocator and iCal calendars for interfacing with outside platforms.
Cons1) Guest addresses are all in one text field...organizing marketing efforts to previous guests by zip code is problematic. 2) Only one alternate rate plan can be used in a reservation page...it would be helpful to have more available to apply to various marketing sources.

By ReservationKey on October 30, 2018
It actually is possible to split the address field into multiple fields. This is an option under the Settings tab, Account Preferences. Thank you for using the system and for your review.
Robert K.
October 11, 2018

“Reservation Key is Invaluable to my Business”

OverallI started a small hotel 7 years ago with never having been in the business and no idea where to start with a reservation system. Another hotel recommended Reservation Key and I am glad I followed their advice. From the beginning, it was very easy to set up and learn. Also, they continue to refine and add features. I am also amazed how fast and thorough the support is. The system is very easy to use but it also has LOTS of functions that I can sometimes forget. No question is too small for an answer, and it is easy to search on their support site for most answers. I do not hesitate at all to recommend Reservation Key to others.
ProsFlexibility, amazing support for questions, ease of use, email templates (with tracking capabilities), access on my computer and iPad.
ConsThere really is nothing I am unhappy with.

By ReservationKey on October 30, 2018
Thank you for your very nice and supportive comments!
Thomas C.
February 14, 2019

“Reservation Key helps me manage my B&B business”

OverallI have been using Reservation key for more than 5 years to manage my 3 room Bed and Breakfast here at Dreams Come True on Maui Bed and Breakfast. I looked at other alternate systems both before and after deciding to select Reservation Key. It is the least expesive option and seems to give me everyting I need to accept online reservations, manage my calendar, including synching with my airbnb and VRBO calendars, and analysing my data for tax reporting and setting up policies to maximize my occupancy. I would recommend Reservation Key to any small accommodation provider from a single unit vation rental to a 50 room inn.
ProsI like that it allows online reservations and collects and helps me manage the data.
ConsIt is a bit complicated to set up and get ot to do exactly what you may want it to do. But once you set it up, it is easy to use.
Stacy K.
October 30, 2018

“The *best* reservation system!”

OverallExceptional!
ProsThe customer interface for my guests is simple and easy to use. The back office contains numerous useful reports: occupancy, revenue by room, year-by-year comparisons, taxes collected by month or quarter, even sales by item so innkeepers can easily view which add-on packages are selling the best. There are so many reports that I've only used about 50% of them!
ConsIt's sometimes a little difficult to find the information I need because of the numerous reports & pages. However, a huge portion of this difficulty is me not remembering where to find something, like the url link information. There are a lot of training videos available to help users navigate though the system.
anthony s.
October 11, 2018

“Excellent software as well as support”

OverallAnytime you have a problem they take care of it for you. You need something changed ask and it will most likely be done. Really quick response from support and 100% satisfied
ProsI literally spent about a month researching different software programs for our reservation needs and reservation key hit the mark. We have over 50 properties that we rent and appreciate the ease of use and functionality of reservation key it makes our lives much easier and helps us get more business by freeing up our time to focus on renting.
ConsI honestly can't think of any negative aspects of the software it really fits our needs quite well and we are completely satisfied we have been a customer since 2007 and we are not going anywhere
Jim S.
Owner/Manager
September 25, 2018

“Easy to use & cost effective”

OverallFast support and great forum allow anyone to get quick and easy solutions for any lodging establishment without having to hire tech staff. It's all included with ReservationKey
ProsAs the former IT Director for a billion dollar retailer I appreciate that with ReservationKey anyone can afford a well designed, easy to understand reservation system. It is so flexible it can meet the needs of any lodging establishment, small or large
ConsThere is nothing I don't like except that the interface with expedia isn't done yet.

By ReservationKey on October 3, 2018
Expedia integration is high on our list. Also booking.com. These are the two channels we see our clients connecting to the most so we are putting a high priority on building these direct connections. Thank you for your support and for being a long time subscriber.
John A.
February 21, 2019

“ReservationKey review”

OverallWe have easily linked to Expedia, Bedandbreakfast.com and other lodging web sites. I'm sure that if we ever do run into a problem, it will be addressed and solved expeditiously.
ProsWe have been using reservationkey for several years and appreciate the fact that we no longer have to search for reservation management software. Before we signed on with reservationkey we would find ourselves searching for a new system every so often because we had some problem with the one that we were currently using. We can now find no reason to look for another, as reservationkey provides everything we need in functionality, support and ease of use.
ConsCan't really come up with anything here.
February 21, 2019
Jessica F.
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
June 20, 2019

“Seven years on continuing improvement!”

OverallI initially decided to use Reservation Key over seven years ago because they provided the ability to restrict arrivals and departures on certain days of the week. Sounds like a small point, but for me, it was very important. My reps and his team have continued to refine the experience and make Reservation Key more user-friendly as well as keep up with the more internet savvy guests of today. New improvements are constantly being implemented and the forum allows us to make specific requests, many of which are taken into consideration.
ProsThis system is very easy to learn and to use. The online tutorials are very helpful. You can't beat the price.
ConsI wish there was a better integrated way to incorporate sales from our gift shop.
June 20, 2019
Zachary W.
November 12, 2018

“Excellent Option for Online Reservation Software!”

OverallOur Bed and Breakfast has a lot of nuances that many other reservation software companies could not accommodate where ReservationKey excels. After the initial set up, ReservationKey has saved us a significant amount of time on repetitive day-to-day tasks. We look forward to all the new features that will be added in the future!
ProsThe ability to customize your reservation page using ReservationKey is a major benefit. Additionally, the staff are very responsive to customer input and continuously make improvements to better serve their clientele.
ConsSome of the features require multiple settings to be set up perfectly otherwise the system doesn't work as intended.
November 12, 2018
Karen B.
September 25, 2018

“You will love using Reservation Key”

OverallI love the fact that if I can't figure something out, the team will respond to my request in a reasonable timeframe to help me resolve any issues I may have. Great customer service.
ProsWe have been using ResKey for several years now. Love everything about their system. When I need to change something on our system, the forum offers lots of answers and the team has created videos as tutorials to assist as well.
ConsThere isn't anything I don't like about the software.

By ReservationKey on October 3, 2018
We really like making custom videos to answer questions and teach the system. We find it is one of the best ways to go. Thank you for mentioning you have found our videos helpful, and of course for all your nice comments here.
Yves B.
June 16, 2019

“Very complete software”

OverallI would certainly recommend it to any small hospitality business. I assume it would also work well for bigger establishment as it as a lot of options that I don't even use !
ProsReservationKey is a great software, very complete (and we only use part of what is offered, as we are a small B&B), customizable with custom fields, automated e-mails, and integrates with MyAllocator. Tech Support is great, and whenever we find a bug, Rep fixes it very quickly. They are also quite open to suggestions. Price is very reasonable.
ConsNot much... everything I need is in this software!
June 16, 2019
Santiago C.
General Manager
October 30, 2018

“Great Value for Money and all the functions you need!”

OverallVery good!
ProsGreat value for your money. We also really like all the features that the tool offers, like reporting tools, calendar view, customer data base. The tool is very easy to use, and efficient.
ConsThe booking page is very old school, and not very pretty. It also does not give you a lot of room to edit if you are not an advanced coder. Having said that, it works very efficiently. Direct bookings come through without any issues, howerver I would like to provide to my guests a more user friendly, and modern reservation page. I am sure Reservation Key will improve this part of the tool.
Jeff M.

“The best there is”

OverallI have been using ReservationKey for about 5 years. I was skeptical to move to this platform as I have tried other reservation systems only to be disappointed. The move to ReservationKey was the single best thing I have done to grow my business. ReservationKey allows me to handle more clients in less time and take reservations while I sleep. Customer service is very quick with all questions answered within 24 hours. Thank you ReservationKey for transforming my rental business. Jeff Musto www.puerto-vallarta-rentals.com
ProsReservationKey allows me to handle more clients in less time and take reservations while I sleep.
ConsIt does take a while to set up but once you have it set up it is like auto pilot.
Carla S.
Owner/Manager
June 21, 2019

“System works well for us ”

OverallThere are several options to accept credit card payments. It's easy for all of our staff to use. It works great for us.
ProsWe are small lodge and this system works well for us. It's easy to use and keeps our reservations organized. The best thing for us is the accessibility anywhere. Even when we are away from the lodge we can check availability on our phones or laptops.
ConsHonestly, I can't say anything bad about this software. They have great support and service. I'm sure there are other great systems out there but we've been happy so why look anywhere else?
June 21, 2019
Marlene E.
April 25, 2019

“Great Value for a small B & B”

OverallThe cost for value is great, as is customer service. I am very pleased with this product. Rep is great.
ProsThe customer support from rep is fabulous. There is always a quick reply and the problem is addressed or fixed. The system is reliable and is easy to read quickly in terms of availability etc. The reports generated are helpful.
ConsThe 2 areas I would like to make additions to are: 1 - adding a pre-tax total line on the reservation form and 2, the setting up new payment schedules. I don't do the second option often, so it is likely "old brain" issues.
Toni W.
September 30, 2018

“The best for small independent lodging businesses”

OverallLove that you deal with the owner directly and reasonable requests for improvements are usually implemented rapidly. You never feel that issues go unaddressed.
ProsFlexibility to customize for your individual needs and the company is not corporate run!
ConsThe company is super eager to please and the few unavoidable problems that occur with the software of this complexity were always addressed and solved.

By ReservationKey on October 4, 2018
One of the things we like about being a non-corporate type company is that we are able to work so closely with our users. Without our user's input and ideas we never would have been able to build the system that we have. Thank you so much.
September 30, 2018
Scott H.
September 26, 2018

“The best of all I have used”

OverallWe have run 2 Inns with a total of 20 rooms for around 18 years. Reservation Key was my 4th software program that I had used and I started using it around six or seven years ago. Hands down, it is the best. I have recommended it to several other Inns in our area B&B society and they are all glad they made the switch.
ProsTaking reservations on my cell phone while in a grocery store is nice. There is nothing else I need it to do. I set it years ago and it works great.
ConsI am not having any problems with the software at all.

By ReservationKey on October 30, 2018
Thank you for the nice review! We are glad to have been able to work with you over the years to help with refining and developing the software.
Cristian C.
September 25, 2018

“#1 Reservation and vacation Rental system ”

OverallI get good bookings, easy for my clients to reserve online, I just love it!
ProsFast, no errors, great service, fully responsive, i am very happy to have found this amazing system.
ConsIt is only in English. It would be great if the reservation page could have multi languages.

By ReservationKey on October 3, 2018
Thank you for your very positive review. Note, we actually do have an option to make reservation pages in Spanish, or whatever language you like. It uses our custom text feature, where it is easy to enter your own translations of our English terms (or load one of our Spanish, French, or German templates and edit from there). Then it is easy to add a new page in every language you need.
scott c.
July 25, 2019

“Excellent PMS Software for Bed Breakfast”

OverallResevationkey is pro-active in solving issues, has forum, can email the owner and he will respond by picking up the phone or shoot you an email to let you know he's working on the problem. I would recommend this software to a friend.
ProsWell written instructions about the software, "how to set up", features, and videos to assist further with the education of the software
ConsA short learning curve, but worth the effort !
July 25, 2019
Lynda M.
June 14, 2019

“So Many Features, Saves So Much Time”

OverallThe experience has been great. I feel like we are heard and helped if there is an issue. The forum, the videos, and all the staff helps to get us and keep us running smoothly. The calendar has so many great features I really can't begin to name them all. You really should try it out.
ProsThe custom color coding of the stages of the booking. I look at the calendar and know exactly what stage of completion each booking is currently.
ConsSome of the reports, especially , the owners report needs tweaking. Also, I would like to see the development of a mobile app.
Patrick C.

“I Love It!”

OverallReservationKey very reliably runs my business for me. Well, almost. I guess I do a little, but it's so easy it's like having a full time staff helping me.
ProsReservation does everything I need it to do, and a lot more. The ReservationKey staff are very responsive, both to technical support questions and to requests for product enhancements. Almost every month there's some new feature added, often something I never even thought of, but once it becomes available, I can't do without it!
ConsI'm happy! No cons. ....................
Catherine B.
owner/manager

“Easy to use”

OverallThis software is inexpensive, easy to use, and the support team responds quickly and patiently to requests.
ProsI am new to the tourism business. Reservation Key has been very easy to get used to and use as a tool to keep track of reservations, payments etc . It has an activity button that reminds you each thing you did within the program in case the need to undo a mistake.
ConsI miss the feature in which you used to hover the mouse over a name and it would show the balance due. Also, you used to be able to right click and in the quick view change the status to 'checked-out' where as now you have to open the reservation which takes just a few seconds longer.
Anne B.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees
October 11, 2018

“Great software system for small properties”

OverallI love this system. It is perfect for small properties and has all of the features we need but we are not paying a huge monthly fee for things we would never use
Pros-we can tie our three properties together so we can see all three in different locations -completely web-based so we can carry it with us on vacation -links to other businesses in town that use the system so we can see availability to refer -exceptional pricing -support has always been exceptional
Cons-sometimes the system repopulates rooms as available after cancellation but once it happens you just check -sometimes in the AM, i think central is upgrading and we do not have access to the system for a time
Anne M.

“Great Reservation Software”

ProsWe have a small inn and found that this software was very easy to set up and use on a daily basis, and also a terrific value. I appreciate that the support is very accessible, and personnel respond specifically and personally to each question. I have to say I do not utilize many of the features that I probably could.
ConsI had a glitch with "ghost reservations" when initiating ical links, but it was resolved quickly. Not really a con because it was worked out.
December 28, 2018

“Great Value Excellent Customer Service”

OverallWe find ReservationKey vital to our operation. We always have a fast response to emails we send to the technical team. They do continue to improve the software and we appreciate the attention to detail.
ProsThe software is very user friendly with several instruction videos. Reports are easy to navigate and run.
ConsAs the company expands sometimes we can experience a lag in response. They have worked on this and we now are not experiencing problems. Fast response to emails when we do contact them with problems.
December 28, 2018
Mare P.
Owner/Innkeeper
October 12, 2018

“8 year happy customer”

OverallMarketing to my customer history base has been easy and we've promoted our property every year. Our high season guests always need reminders and this software is easy to set up to accomplish that mission.
ProsCslendar ease of use, including drag and drop! Email templates, auto sending for payments, confirmations and followups. Just the best software I've used continuously for the lifetime of my Inn.
ConsAlmost too many options, to be able to learn. But the ease of "on the fly setup" makes the learning easy

Thank you so much!
October 12, 2018
John S.
Innkeeper / Owner
October 4, 2018

“Great Company to Work With.”

ProsReservationKey is very affordable compared to other systems out there. It can be customized to fit your needs and if very easy to use. When you need help with features you can post to the forum and the customer representative will get back to you in a timely manner. You can also search the forum and find answers to almost any questions you have.
ConsThe initial setup can be a little time consuming but between the forum, FAQs and help videos it is not too hard.
Julie B.
October 4, 2018

“Great Vacation Home Management Software Program”

OverallWe have been using ReservationKey for several year and not had any problems with the software. There is always quick response on all questions that have came up. I would recommend this program to anyone.
ProsThe thing that I like the most about ReservationKey is how easy it is to use. It is simple to use but has options to personalize to what best works for our company.
ConsI like everything about this software.

By ReservationKey on October 30, 2018
Thank you! We have tried to develop a fairly sophisticated product, but one that continues to be easy to use and learn.
Brad S.

“Long Time User”

OverallWe have a small (4 rooms) bed and breakfast. The simplicity of the program means I have been able to teach any staff member the basics in a few short minutes, allowing complete continuity when we are away. When a problem arises ( I am not the best computer problem solver), representative patiently gives me whatever help I need.
ProsI guess the ease of use, plus the modest cost were what sold me on the program in the beginning.
ConsI really have no significant negatives, which may explain why I am one of representative's longest users.
Iris J.
Innkeeper/owner
March 16, 2019

“Fantastic Service”

OverallMy income has increased, no more double bookings or forgotten bookings. It has made my life much, much easier.
ProsThe pros are the ease of use, even for me. ReservationKey is very intuitive and where there are questions, they are super responsive and ready to help. I love being able to look at the How-To videos and the forum is full with fellow innkeepers ready to discuss and answer questions
Consnothing. It's perfect for my small business
March 16, 2019