Populr Ratings

Overall

About Populr

A professional communication tool that allows you to easily create & share trackable, one page websites via a drag and drop interface. Learn more about Populr

John M.
Financial Services, Unspecified
July 24, 2014

“Populr.me - an extremely effective way to share information for your deals”

OverallI love Populr and and use it more and more often. I'd been looking for something like this forever and was ecstatic (not exaggerating) when I came across it. I use it to organize and distribute due diligence information for the small corporate finance deals I work on and it is very effective for that. The only alternative was outrageously expensive and complicated "deal room" software that targets law firms and investment banks doing large scale M&A. I currently use a slightly modified version of one of the most basic templates offered, which is perfect for my needs - 10 or 20 documents grouped by type or subject matter in an attractive, organized fashion. My clients, who pay me to find financing for their projects, like it and so do the potential investors I share the projects with. And I like being notified whenever they open the Pop. I have looked at other Populr.me templates and their uses and I plan to adapt one or more as soon as I can for marketing my services to potential clients. There is a lot more I can do with Populr.me and I intend to.
Pros Attractive and varied templates that are easy to modify and use Uniformly positive reactions from recipients Great way to distribute information. Alternative to DropBox, ShareFile, static webpages, Deal Room Software
Cons The Help Pages could use some Help.
July 24, 2014
Individual & Family Services, 501-1000 employees
March 8, 2019

“Fast and easy”

Prosit is super fast and easy when making a page
Consi find adding a little bit widget confusing
March 8, 2019
BarryF .
October 1, 2013

“Pops Rock - Plain and Simple”

OverallI used to write emails to prospects. Often I wouldn't hear back or the reply would be a polite, 'we'll call you'. Now I send Pops... they call me on the phone. They book me. The power of using a Pop to introduce a product or service is remarkable. It takes the message from ordinary, to insane. I've tested - heavily in fact - the conversion rate with both cold and warm leads and the Pop wins every time. Even when the answer is 'no', it's a much nicer 'no'. If someone has a good reason for not using Pops, could you tell me? I can't see the downside. Favorite Feature: "Duplicate". Man... I have a few templates and changing an entire proposal or 'Welcome' takes less than a minute. It has eliminated cancellations from my membership site. By using a Tracker URL I know when they are opened and I can't hardly believe how often people go back to see what they got as a Welcome once they join. Great product... Among the best (and this from a guy that uses a LOT of products). Barry Friedman www.GetMoreCorporateGigs.com www.ShowbizBluepring.com www.30DaysSugarFree.com
ProsEasy to use Easy to duplicate Embed videos easily Customize as fast as you can type Beautiful templates
ConsI wish I had at least one... I don't.
October 1, 2013
Christopher Rippie .
November 21, 2013

“Populr: An Amazing Little Gem From Nashville”

OverallWe have kicked the tires on quite a many single pages site builders. From inflexible flier based templates to full blown "Code-Em-Up" site builders, each offers a differentiating layer of capability and potential. Populr falls smack in the middle of that field and provides the perfect blend of simplicity and creative flexibility allowing both developers and non-developers alike a chance to produce some truly incredible online pages. Great things come out of Nashville, TN, and Populr is yet another fine example of just that. This young start-up is primed to shine and change the entire Micro publishing landscape in the process.
ProsThe simple click and edit builder also features an embed tool that lets the more seasoned professional integrate some very powerful third party solutions into the page while amateurs will also find it quite easy create truly amazing one page sites.
ConsWhile you won't find a gigantic selection of themes just yet, the ones offered do provide a wide level of flexibility and differentiation. More themed templates are being developed at the time of this review.
November 21, 2013
Insurance, 1001-5000 employees
August 26, 2018

“Simple, easy to use and click-type of website creator”

ProsPopulr is a website creating software that I usually use to create more advertising for our company. Populr allows me to arrange my articles, company photos, company details and other important data regarding our company in a click-drag type of layout arrangement. It made website creating easy for those who have no experience in website coding.
ConsMinimal design and formatting choices which limits creativity but the present formatting possibilities are also amazing with so possibilities for design. Besides that, everything is great and the user interface is user-friendly.
August 26, 2018
Jeni W.
Marketing Strategist
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
November 9, 2014

“Easy way to increase marketing communications - without engaging a whole design/IT team”

OverallPretty simple to use, with a good user interface, producing professional looking pages quickly. Was easy to test as well, with all the same functions during freemium use only with greater branding present. The tracking is fairly basic, but great to have individually for each page. We are in China and I have no problem to integrate videos hosted on the video platforms here.
ProsFreemium same functions as paid Easy to use Quick page response Automatic saving (but not posting live) Can collaborate easily (and delete collaboration rights easily too) Good range of functions Good range of example pages, great for ideas
ConsWould like a "Blank" slate design (I am always deleting all the modules before I start a new page) Font size, colours, could have better choices (currently it is all in themes and limited) Some bugs (occasionally content deletes itself)
November 9, 2014
Barry F.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Unspecified
January 21, 2015

“I Don't Want to Think About Business Without Populr”

OverallI came across this product during a webinar and, even if I live to be 115, it has paid for itself many times over. I often go from idea, to proposal at the speed of typing. No need to even think twice about 'who is going to lay it out?', 'where will I host it?', 'what if I need to make edits?', 'how will I know if it's viewed?' - and a dozen other concerns that are no longer mine!
ProsFast Easy Beautiful design Can publish to my own domain(!!!) Many templates Amazing customer service New templates being added all the time Totally clean Web 3.0 look/feel Unlimited POPs on my account Easy to collaborate with others More
ConsI'd like to be able to publish to more than 3 domains (I play in a lot of worlds!) I honestly can't think of another one
January 21, 2015
Paul S aka "driver49" .
November 23, 2013

“What The Web Has Been Waiting For! ”

OverallI've been creating web pages for almost as long as there's been a World Wide Web - like, since 1995. I used to use programs like Dreamweaver to create HTML docs, but that's so... 2002! Now, whenever I need to knock out a fresh web doc, I go straight to Populr.
ProsJust about every tool you can possibly need to create rich web docs can be found in Populr. Whether it's text, photos, video or embeds of almost any type, you can build your doc quickly and easily with Populr.
ConsOh, it could probably do with a little more font formatting, and sometimes I wish I had a little more control over how photos are cropped, but they've probably fixed both of those issues since the last time I used the service to create a new doc.
November 23, 2013
Laura Creekmore .
December 1, 2013

“Populr is becoming indispensable to me”

OverallI've been using Populr off and on for a year now. It's taken a little while for me to figure out the best way to use it to communicate -- but it turns out, the answer is, lots of ways! Populr has become my go-to platform to share information -- sometimes with a group, and sometimes with just one person. It makes it easy to create a visually appealing page, and that makes it easy for my audience to connect and to act.
Pros* Makes you think in chunks -- which is a great way for your audience to receive information * Flat-out easy to make information visually appealing * Audience finds it easy to receive information this way
Cons* May change the way you think about communicating -- but that's not a bad thing!
December 1, 2013
Jason M.
Entertainment, Unspecified
October 21, 2014

“Excellent!”

OverallOver the last year I have become a huge fan of Populr. Since I have no knowledge of web design, I use the easy to create pop pages for business proposals. My clients have been blown away by the proposals that I have put in front of them using Populr. Highly recommended.
ProsEasy to integrate video clips, photos, pdf files. The layout is extremely easy to change and customize. The entire system is very intuitive.
ConsIt does take a little getting used to. And from time to time the system runs slowly (although that could be my internet connection, too)
October 21, 2014
Jessie .
November 24, 2013

“Notes from Trying Populr”

OverallOverall, a great option. Users need to be pretty facile with technology, but not professional. I've used for personal and business purposes.
ProsEasy to choose and set up templates. Examples are helpful in generating ideas. Sending and posting are easy and intuitive. Analytics are helpful, as are ability to edit teams and domains.
ConsOnly as good as the human user and also the logo/graphics you have available to you. In other words, Populr can make your content look great, but can't make a great logo for you if you don't already have one. Steep learning curve!
November 24, 2013
Dr. JL Anderson .
December 22, 2013

“Populr in Education”

Overall        I am just getting started with Populr and I am enjoying it! I can see so much great potential for using it in my school with faculty, staff, and students. My favorite thing so far is how you can integrate so many different mediums onto one page! When I have an important message to share that I want to be sure people hear correctly, I will be posting it on a new page!
ProsI really like that I can place different media in the same document: Video clips; pictures; documents; and links. It is an easy way to put together a complete message!
December 22, 2013
Megan Wage .
December 3, 2013

“Populr is an amazing tool”

OverallI have found Populr a quick and easy way to create and send out information online. The personal one pagers (POPs) are versatile and great to use for personal use or for business. I have used Populr for everything from creating a sales POP for potential leads to party invitations. With a few easy steps I had an awesome webpage I can send out to whoever I needed.
ProsVersatile Easy to use Integrates well across platforms Abundant features New features added regularly Great support
December 3, 2013
Vivian .
November 28, 2013

“support desk is very quick with answering questions”

OverallWe decided to make a online birth announcement so that we can send this to everyone (family, friends, colleagues, etc) and attach pictures to this site. Making a birth announcement is easier than choosing a birth announcement card.
Prosusing own creativity support desk is very quick with answering questions
Consmissing a google address uploadbutton for uploading all my google contacts in 1 time.
November 28, 2013
Steven V.
Account Executive
51-200 employees
February 27, 2015

“Populr makes it easy”

OverallPopulr makes generating one pagers and marketing collateral as easy as typing up a document in Word. I don't have the time to spend perfecting a document's layout with other means, but with Populr it's simple; type it out, select or upload a background, move anything around if I have to, and publish.
ProsEase of use, professional look, customer support
ConsHaven't found any yet.
February 27, 2015
Gabe G.
Technology Delivery Director
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
September 16, 2015

“Flexible Landing Pages for Market Testing”

OverallI use Populr for building landing pages to test different value propositions for different customer segments as I hone in on early adopters for business and product ideas. It makes the process of creating and hosting them fast and simple. Love what they've done.
ProsEasy to use. Great variety of layout choices. I don't have to think about hosting or any technical stuff.
ConsGetting lines to open in a new window is a little clunky, but I'm sure they'll make it a more integrated feature soon. Certainly not a deal breaker.
September 16, 2015
Jeff J.
Venture Capital & Private Equity, Unspecified
April 17, 2015

“Great value! Measurable results.”

OverallOur print and digital media properties provide advertisers with a wide variety of programs and platforms to reach their target audiences. Populr, provides us with a cost effective way to update and market these options to our advertisers.
ProsTurnkey, no learning curve. Sharable templates. Good measurement tools.
April 17, 2015
Stijn W.
Business development manager Mobile and Cloud Solutions
51-200 employees
February 9, 2015

“Stumbled upon it”

OverallI stumbled upon it and started using it. There is no learning curve since everything is so straightforward and even when you need help , you get a reply/help with in a day. On top of that ,the build-in analytics really provide you the view that you need
Pros* straightforward * decent analytics
Cons* Realtime collaboration
February 9, 2015
Jackie H.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
August 13, 2014

“Very flexible and secure way to share information”

OverallPopulr gives me an easy way to share my training materials with delegates. I also use it for proposals - so much more impressive than just sending an email with an attachment.
ProsI like that I can share my files with people, and give potential clients a nice surprise with a personal page with my proposal.
ConsCan't think of any,
August 13, 2014
Christopher L.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Unspecified
June 28, 2015

“Great Application ”

OverallPopulr is a great tool that is amazingly simple platform and at the same time provides a well designed professional look. The ease of use and tracking makes this a great upgrade to improve my communication over email. Support is via IM and handles support effectively.
ProsSimple Value Effective Tracking of opens Access from any device
ConsSome fields when embedding links need coding to size accurately FAQ could use some beefing up. No simple interface to review sent communications
June 28, 2015
Matt W.
COO
Oil & Energy, 1-10 employees
July 29, 2014

“Easy-to-Use, and Produces Great Looking Pages”

OverallI have been using Populr for the last year to build landing pages for Seminars. The tool provides easy to use layout that I found to be robust enough to build a nice looking page without needing a lot of html knowledge, but also provides access to css to make more technical changes in design. Love the product
July 29, 2014
Simon S.
Hospital & Health Care, Unspecified
July 23, 2014

“Great way to get the word out”

OverallPopulr is super easy to use and allows you the opportunity to send out multiple messages in no time. Plus, the ability to track activity helps you determine what messages work better than others. Bottom line: great bang for the dollar.
ProsEasy to use
ConsProminent Populr branding on free version
July 23, 2014
Anthony M.
Music, Unspecified
July 15, 2014

“Great Website Hosting”

OverallPopulr is a user-friendly drag and drop website hosting platform that works for people like me who need information to be displayed in a clean and cohesive manner! I'm thankful a website service like this exists for people like me who are not designers but love the look/themes of a well-designed platform!
July 15, 2014
April 2, 2018

“Landings for everyone”

ProsPopulr is the best way to create a good-looking landing page in just 15 minutes. It allows very nice formatting and customization, so you can build a page you want really quickly.
ConsSometimes it doesn't work in Safari really good, but other than that it is really nice tool. Just go for Chrome or Firefox when you are using it.
April 2, 2018
Real Estate, 1001-5000 employees
July 14, 2014

“Love to Pop”

OverallStarted on the free plan and I was just having to much fun popping!!! I'm now on the pro plan and it is the best 20 bucks I will spend a month. I believe our customers want more than just an old looking email or ecard, it's ok now and then but what a treat to send them a Pop from Popular.
July 14, 2014
Kelly B.
Construction, Unspecified
May 13, 2014

“Incredible and easy to use!”

OverallI absolutely love the Populr.me platform! It is so easy to create, share and track analytics and it comes out looking like a graphic artist created it! Great tool that is perfect for newsletters, follow up emails or even inner-company communication. Highly recommend!
May 13, 2014
Primary/Secondary Education, 1001-5000 employees
April 29, 2014

“Thanks for the demo! ”

OverallLoved using Populr because it is so easy. The boss loved it even more because the embedded emails look great. So excited because he has given me the go ahead to purchase the pro version!
ProsEasy to use and you can embed the page in emails now which is a huge plus!
April 29, 2014
Shriram Bhashyam .
November 25, 2013

“Populr for On-boarding new employees”

OverallI used Populr to onboard a new hire and the platform was great. I was able to put all the relevant administrative information, provide relevant background reading and materials, and on-boarding documents for execution. It was very easy to set up the whole thing (15 minutes).
Financial Services, Unspecified
September 17, 2014

“Neat new product”

OverallNeat way to follow up with referrals, send out proposals and market yourself outside the box.
ProsI'm not creative, so it is easy to use and look professionally assembled.
ConsLearn it on your own.
September 17, 2014
IStewart .
November 30, 2013

“So easy to use!”

OverallMy needs are pretty basic, but PopURL fits them perfectly! Makes my job so easy.
ProsThe ability to easily duplicate pages makes specific client info so easy to implement.
ConsFor what I use it for it works perfectly.
November 30, 2013
Brian Raney .
November 25, 2013

“Solid option to clearly communicate a message to your audience”

OverallWe used Populr to communicate our message and were able to get a page up and running in minutes. Our audience loved it and it was super simple to setup.
ProsEase of use Clean interface Quick to launch
Brad Z.
Professional Training & Coaching, Unspecified
September 8, 2014

“Populr works”

OverallSo much easier, more convenient, and better looking than doing it myself or paying someone else tons of money every time I want a simple but effective one pager!
September 8, 2014
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
September 4, 2014

“Great App”

OverallThis site was unbelievable, made building a webpage simple, especially for someone who is old school like me and not too computer savvy. Thanks guys!
ProsAwesome app
ConsNone
September 4, 2014
Great Tool .
December 4, 2013

“Great program”

OverallEasy to use and a great tool to get your message out to people in a very effective way
ProsEasy to use
ConsWhen sharing on Linkedin you can not scroll through all the contacts.
December 4, 2013
Liz D.
Media Production, Unspecified
June 1, 2015

“Great application”

OverallPopulr really helps me send rich content after an initial meeting. The content is well formatted and looks professional. Love it.
June 1, 2015
Ed F.
Brand & Synch Manager
201-500 employees
February 12, 2015

“Populr”

OverallWonderfully simple and effective tool. Easy to use, looks great and incredibly useful for a number of purposes. Thanks!
February 12, 2015
Publishing, 201-500 employees
August 12, 2014

“create and share pages!”

Overallincredibly easy to use. finding it very useful to create custom messaging for our customers.
Proseasy, cost effective, helpful
August 12, 2014
Insurance, 10,001+ employees
July 12, 2014

“Great!!!!”

OverallGreat way for me to stay in front of my clients as well as to communicate to my associates and potential recruits.
July 12, 2014
Benjamin F.
ZA
201-500 employees
August 7, 2014

“Love Populr”

OverallVery easy to setup a great client-facing page.
ProsEase of use.