Quetzal Ratings

Overall
4.3/5
4.9/5

About Quetzal

Quetzal POS is a cloud-based and mobile iPad point of sale (POS) solution designed and built only for specialty retail. A typical customer is in the fashion related space, but works very with any listed here; clothing, shoes, accessories, leather goods, handbags, cosmetics, fragrances, toy stores, gift shops and pet supply stores. This product is simple to use, easy to learn and built for one thing; retailing. The subscription has no additional/hidden fees. Learn more about Quetzal

Mel D.
Co-owner
Retail, Self-employed
April 21, 2017

“Great Start to a New Beginning”

OverallAfter considering several POS systems recommended by consultants and well meaning friends, we chose Quetzal because they demonstrated a good understanding of the Canadian banking system and were able to integrate their services with our bank. We were also very happy to be able to use the system without being locked into a long term contract. Navigation through the system features was somewhat complex and a little overwhelming at the start. I do not think I could have learned how to use this POS without the help of an expert guiding me through it. The person helping me learn the new system was very patient to show me every detail and answered all my questions thoroughly. He did have to ask an expert at Quetzal for advice about some of my questions, but I got answers within a couple of minutes while we were still on the call together. I am very pleased with the level of support I have received so far (two weeks into the relationship) and expect things will continue to be great in the future.
ProsEasy integration with the Canadian banking system and Moneris terminal services. Integration of all inventory offered in the storefront and on-line, managed in real time so on-line customers cannot see products that have already been sold in the storefront and storefront customers cannot buy products allocated to on-line purchases.
ConsMany features are buried deep in the navigation menus. I will likely need help in the future to use some of the system features effectively.
Recommendations to other buyersWe are a mobile vendor, popping up at various events. Regardless of where it is sold (on-line or at an event), all of our inventory is tracked through one location - the warehouse in our basement. It is good that we can track sales by each clerk or by customer, but we would also like the ability to track sales by as many as 100 different events each year, since we return to some of them several times a year. It would also be good to be able to integrate Quetzal's customer data with our newsletter database at Constant Contact. We currently have over 5000 customers in our Constant Contact database.

By Quetzal on May 1, 2017
Mel, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our product. We take customer feedback seriously, and in one of our most recent surveys, we got a LOT of amazing feedback from customers like yourself. Today, is the start of a completely new version of Quetzal POS. It's 100% new and now is even simpler, plus can operate 100% offline.
April 21, 2017
Amad E.
Editor
June 12, 2015

“Merchant Maverick - Professional POS Reviewer”

OverallQuetzal is designed from the ground up for one specific group of customers: forward-thinking and stylish clothing and shoe retailers who have one to two locations with ambitions to open a few more. Any POS worth talking about is going to have great historical reporting with the ability to filter according to different criteria, and it's no different here: check out sales by product, by size, by color, by customer, by cashier, by date, by brand, by buy, by golly. In retail, as in life, those who forget history are doomed to repeat it, and Quetzal uses the historical data to help you with your future in the Reporting Metrics screen, specifically the 'What to Buy' report. Here again you can filter the report to whatever criteria you like, and the POS will report to you the 'velocity' at which each item sells, essentially the sales per day. Based on this rate, and how many you have in stock, it then calculates how many you need to buy if you want to stay in stock for the next 2 weeks, 30 days, or 2 months (your choice).These are the kinds of predictive tools that the big box stores use to make sure that they're spending only the money they need to spend, and reaping the most profit on what they spent; One final note about the reporting is that it's not just confined to the Reporting window. If you're looking at a customer profile, you'll see her complete spend history. With the Back Display, you can sync up any modern mobile device with your terminal to show each item and the running total in a customer facing display, as it's being scanned in. I don't really like giving out five stars, because there's the implication of perfection that comes along with that rating. Perfection is impossible, though, with two exceptions: cheeseburgers and air conditioning, and Quetzal is neither of these. But if I go back and look at some of the apps I've reviewed and given 4.5 stars, I find that Quetzal outdoes all of them. Sure, its scope is narrower, and it isn't right for every retail situation. But that's what makes it so good. The makers of Quetzal identified a niche they could serve, and then went ahead and served the hell out of it. At every level of app design, Quetzal stands above its competitors, from the way it implements the functions you know you need to the way it gives you features you didn't know you wanted. For those of you who own the type of shops Quetzal is targeting, this is the POS to check out.

By Quetzal on May 18, 2016
Amad, Thanks for taking the time to review our products. It's only getting better : )
June 12, 2015
Kris N.
June 25, 2017

“Excellent customer service , Daniel Sanchez very available to help with any issues!”

OverallGenerally like the app/program . Customer service is excellent and always has been!
ProsIt's fairly simple yet does a lot. Any one who has iPad/smart phone will have no problem learning.!!
ConsStore Credit Customer name is not on receipt/S C amount/balance does not show at time of payment ...
June 25, 2017
Sandy R.
April 26, 2017

“Pleased with my choice of Quetzal POS!”

OverallI can't say enough about my trainer. What a pleasure it's been to work with him. I'm a tough sell in this area because I have 25 years of experience in the exact field (software training) and have to say that Customer support representative exceeded all my expectations. He was courteous, helpful, patient, thorough, and the best quality of all is that if he didn't know the answer to my question, he was upfront about it and got me the answer from someone more familiar! He is a very large part of why I would recommend this software to others.
ProsWill fit my needs for my start up clothing boutique nicely! Great reporting! Love the integration abilities to the other hardware.
ConsNo access to dashboard on mobile device. This is coming soon though!! Would like ability to label discounts to show description on receipts. Labels don't seem to format as cleanly as they should.
April 26, 2017
Melissa J.
Regional Director
September 25, 2018

“Great POS if you are tech savvy”

ProsQuetzal has great features for the retail business, in depth reporting and accurate tracking of inventory.
ConsThe system takes a while to setup, printers, scanners and barcodes can be tedious to install and keep working. There are a lot of moving parts and if one thing does not work perfectly, it throws off the entire system. Not very friendly to other processors. (They are accepted, but seamless integration is difficult).
September 25, 2018
Melissa J.
Regional Director
April 12, 2017

“Good Software for Clothing Retailers”

OverallThis is a great software for boutiques and clothing/shoes retailers. Inventory is well tracked and when you get the label printer to work consistently, it is a seamless process. Customer service could be beefed up a bit as well as their support for payment processing integration. Overall a solid software option!
ProsCompatible equipment is durable and easy to find on sites like Amazon.com and do not have to be purchased directly from Quetzal. Specific to boutiques, which provides a lot of niche features that are not found on other software's.
ConsIntegration with some of the equipment can be pretty tedious and hard to up keep (ex. label printer, credit card processing). Customer service response time can be lengthy.
April 12, 2017
Vivian H.
June 12, 2017

“Quetzal is a great POS system ”

OverallOverall we would highly recommend Quetzal POS to all retail businesses. It has been a pleasure to work with all the Queztal team
ProsUser friendly Layout of home screen is very easy to navigate The entire Quetzal team has been very helpful Support is excellent! Specifically the Head of support. He was extremely patient and walked us through every aspect of the POS. System seems easy to integrate with other programs
ConsSystem is on the newer side and has some quirks as any newer system would
June 12, 2017
Michael M.
Creative PETrepreneur & Leader
Retail, 1-10 employees
November 3, 2016

“Incredible service, quality, functionality, & features!”

OverallAs I begin my business, Quetzel has supported and walked me through each and every step as we approach opening our doors. I did not purchase a product, I invested in a service, support network, & top of the line product. I am excited to continue my development & growth with Quetzel as a partner!
ProsEverything! The features, capabilities, & product offerings are many!
ConsNone to date that I experienced.
Recommendations to other buyersThink about the immediate and future needs of your business when determining your investment. I highly recommend that you consuser Quetzel as the option to meet your needs!
November 3, 2016
Amelia M.
July 26, 2017

“The best training and support I've ever had ”

OverallDaniel Sanchez is great
ProsFunctionality . I love the new layout of the pos. The flow is so much better for our business. Inventory and reports are also great.
ConsThe limit on colors makes it harder to list our products and do inventory. Once this problem has been addressed, I believe the software will be perfect for us.
July 26, 2017
Nicolas C.
Customer service
Furniture, 1-10 employees
December 6, 2016

“Quetzal pos Nick”

OverallQuetzal is amazing and knows how to deliver a very cool POS and specifically for fashion based retailers. Give it a few years and everyone will know their name.
ProsIts very easy to use.
ConsNot a lot of social media.
Recommendations to other buyersQuetzal support and sales replies are usually within a couple of minutes - please make sure your contact info is filled in correctly.
December 6, 2016
Charles M.
June 3, 2016

“Used in a Retail Store”

OverallGreat POS- particularly like the Customer features, use of Tags to show favourite brands. We also use the analytics to show when we are getting low on stock, how much to order based on historic sales. The slow moving stock feature also enables us to either move the stock around or discount. All in all a great POS and may move to Shopify e-commerce as Quetzal integrates

By Quetzal on May 1, 2017
Charles, thank you so much for your review. We've added a bunch of new features, plus a completely new design, so you should check out the completely NEW QUETZAL POS 3.0.
June 3, 2016
Amanda J.
Store Lead
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
June 21, 2017

“Customer service helps with any glitches. Very friendly and efficient - Daniel and Albert”

ProsI used the User Awards tab and hope that it comes back soon :( I also liked the goal thermometer and also hope that comes back. I enjoy the layout and ease for purchases
ConsOur scanners do not work with the ipads and sometimes that can be frustrating. I'm sure our manager is working on this.
June 21, 2017
Snow W.
Owner/Manager
Apparel & Fashion, Self-employed
August 17, 2017

“The Quetzal POS system is perfect for my specialized boutique.”

OverallDaniel demonstrates great patience when we work together and really listens to me. I never felt rushed to get through a session. I am encouraged to ask questions and give suggestions.
ProsThe training is outstanding. The navigation is easy and logical with recognizable screen images. Well done.
August 17, 2017
Pablo C.
Warehouse, customer service
November 28, 2016

“Great!!!!”

OverallI loooove this program best one ever i have to admit no bad comments about all greatness hoping to use it for a long time
ProsEverything is just wonderful
Recommendations to other buyersYou have to get it
November 28, 2016
Tara D.
Apparel & Fashion, Self-employed
December 14, 2016

“Good support”

OverallThe demo was very informational and helpful! It has an easy to navigate the back system and inventory management is crucial for my business.
ProsEasy to use.
ConsThe cost. For a small startup- the cost is always going to be a factor and roadblock would like to see it paired with online shops besides Shopify.
December 14, 2016