Axonify Ratings

Overall

About Axonify

You need your employees to remember to do the things that matter most to your business every day. Axonify has the secret sauce to make those critical behaviors stick. Our platform serves focused, bite-sized bursts of information in the way humans learn best, continually adapting to fill individual knowledge gaps. It weaves in user motivation tools to keep bringing them back. And it's smart enough to help you clearly see ROI. We call it microlearning, but our customers call it a game changer. Learn more about Axonify

Adrian T.
Instructional Designer
Food & Beverages, 1001-5000 employees
August 23, 2019

“Innovative product headed in the right direction”

OverallOverall my experience has been positive, and I'm thrilled to be working with this platform. The days of clunky old LMS systems that can't adapt to a learner's individual knowledge level are over - Axonify sets a new bar. Companies want to know that when they invest in training for their people, those people will for remember it long after the training is delivered. Axonify can meet that challenge. I look forward to seeing what they do next.
ProsAxonify provides a fun, modern twist on workplace learning, delivering games with questions infused throughout. The platform navigation is very intuitive, providing learners with a straightforward selection of menus and a very visual interface. The game mechanics are solid - the gameplay and leaderboard have been hugely motivating to our employees and people truly enjoy logging into the platform each day. The rewards feature is another big draw, though we are developing our own reward and recognition system and haven't yet used the built-in features. The customer service and support teams have been phenomenal - we can get a person on the phone within just minutes if needed, and support tickets are responded to almost immediately. There is also a reward system for customers, so we can earn points by sharing tips with other customers and earn points to exchange for conference passes and swag. Our rollout has been a huge success, with over 90% participation and positive feedback from our employees. We are excited about the future with Axonify, so far they have been very receptive to our ideas and have taken action to implement suggested changes. The future looks bright.
ConsMy biggest concerns are likely "growing pains" due to being relatively new on the LMS-scene. Hopefully some improvements will come over time. For example, we can't edit html to customize our content, change the look and feel, swap out icons, use embed codes...as a designer, I'm used to having more control over those things. Many of my (admin) frustrations with the platform have been user interface and experience issues. The inability to bulk upload content means entering content is tedious. Not being able to upload .txt files means we can't use our third-party captioning service, so I'm doing it manually (we're hoping this is temporary). Lengthy side menus that don't collapse properly mean I'm constantly zooming in/out in order to access menu options at the bottom. There is no Dev system, so all testing and experimentation are done in Production, which means creating a fake person, fake email accounts, and then excluding our testers from data reports so the data is accurate. The spreadsheet used to communicate content changes to admins isn't formatted for printing, so I have to do it myself. The initial process of learning the design methodology could be improved. No one could explain why, although there are 5 levels of questions, they don't recommend using Levels 4 & 5, or how to take advantage of the platform's xAPI-compatibility (no one I've talked to about it knows what xAPI is). Again, my "complaints" are little things, mostly user experience stuff that can be fixed.
August 23, 2019
Ana Karen V.
Training Manager
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
July 18, 2019

“Growing with Axonify”

OverallThe platform is exactly as I expected based on my conversations with the sales team and the demos before I chose to implement it, this may not sound like much, but it's huge to me that there were no surprised. The implementation team was wonderful, it was easily the easiest implementation process I have ever been through and I still (over a year later) have a regular call with my rep so we can talk through the best way to accomplish my goals, proving ROI, pain points, upcoming features, the Axonify conference, etc. The best part: since they are constantly rolling out new features based on their user's feedback, it's an even better platform than the one I signed up for.
ProsI love that even though it is a good enough platform that it was my first choice when I was choosing an LMS, they have not stopped innovating. In many cases a new feature has been released just as I am anticipating a problem that would be perfectly resolved by that feature, such as the guided learning feature released last year.
ConsSome of the organization of the platform doesn't always make sense to me. Some features are split so setting them up can require the admin to perform actions in several different sections of the platform, however, this is most likely a byproduct of the frequent updates. Since this is only a minor annoyance, it is well worth it to in exchange for the innovations and many of these inconveniences have been addressed in the updates so in my opinion, this is only a short term inconvenience.
July 18, 2019
sarah w.
Learning Design Specialist
August 26, 2019

“Micro-learning is the way to go!”

OverallAxonify has helped to engage the users on a different, more social level. Training was done independently and never discussed prior to the transition. Now our learners are engaged, excited and conversing about their experiences on the platform. In addition to their participation, they are also continuously learning and creating their own personalized path for focus areas to their needs.
ProsThe platform allows a unique approach to learning and changing the perspective that employees have on training in the business. It allows for quicker, more engaging and interactive learning on an easy to use and access platform. incorporating games and competition creates a social atmosphere where learners can learn along side having fun.
ConsWe really have to change the mindset of our learners to embrace the learning culture of Axonify. They are use to one-and-done style training and it is important to maintain the frequency of learning to ensure you stay current.
August 26, 2019
Paige V.
Certification Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
September 6, 2019

“Impacts on Learning are Impacts on the Business”

OverallI love the transparency of the organization - their successes, sidetracks, and the generosity of everyone on the team at Axonify. They are in a hot market, and are navigating the growth with grace. We have realized rapid increases in onboarding ability, product training, and building up knowledge around strategic initiatives that are important to the success of our business and entry into a new market.
ProsMy professional services learning audience spends on average one hour a month conducting some learning and engagement activity - broken up into micro-learning sessions of about 6 minutes each. The knowledge growth average is 13%. What other learning method can give me this kind of data, keep learning fun, and engage a diverse tech workforce? The use of Daily Questions, Intro Training/Guided Learning, and DiscoveryZone have made a significant impact on the learning experience across our professional services group.
ConsThat not all of our teams are engaged just yet. Give me time. There's a little bit of a lag with knowledge-workers participating with Axonify - some feel guilty about playing the games in between questions. I'm working on changing this thinking in our organization. I'm optimistic that our technology workforce will see learning as an opportunity that contributes to our agile development operations.
September 6, 2019
Aston M.
General Manager Human Resources
August 22, 2019

“Simple affordable and comprehensive tool to improve business”

OverallA very positive experience due to strong support from the Vendor and implementation partner
ProsEngages learners and provides measurable benefit
ConsI only wish I'd found it sooner. Needs some resource invested to get it providing all of the benefits but those are a great ROI
August 22, 2019
Grant A.
HR Executive
September 10, 2019

“"How to change your business culture " ”

OverallExcellent.
ProsPeoples capacity to learn and change never ceases to amaze me. When the change benefits them personally it creates even better traction. The introduction of Axonify into Incredible Connection has helped transform a languishing business culture which was formally apathetic to disinterested in the learning space to an organization that is hungry for knowledge. This change in mindset to learning has also had multiple business consequences and as a result is transforming our culture.
ConsHaving to wait for the time zones between RSA and Canada to align. The fact that reports are not structurally(organogram) based and require a lot of manual interventions. The fact that a drop down box functionality doesn't exist with regards to organizational units / hierarchies (is being looked into at least).
September 10, 2019
Jeanne P.
Sr. Project Manager/Instructional Designer
Pharmaceuticals, 10,001+ employees
January 4, 2019

“Axonify Delivers Stellar Support”

OverallIn Learning & Development, we are using Axonify to develop our salespeople's knowledge of a recently launched product in our Neuroscience franchise. Our objective was to provide them access to a methodology capable of being implemented on demand and without a lot of fanfare, accessible remotely- and available to individuals. We also wanted the method to be fun in order to increase engagement. Axonify has succeeded on all of these points.
ProsOnce a program is set-up, the software is easy to use. Our end-users have had NO issues becoming comfortable with the software.
ConsWhat I liked least had nothing to do with the software per se', rather the lack of formal training. I first began working with the Axonify software 1 year ago and quickly became the appointed Administrator for any and all Axonify programs at Shire. Having had NO prior experience with this type of software (let alone setting it up), I would have benefited GREATLY from training (live or e-learning) rather than walking through the steps via WebEx. Everyone I communicated with at Axonify was great, but I need a more formal learning approach so it has been very frustrating for me. Most recently, reps invested significant time to ensure my program was set up correctly. His patience and detailed explanations enabled me to understand where I made mistakes and what I needed to do to correct my mistakes. Most of this occurred the Friday of New Years weekend and the reps never once made me feel rushed or bothersome. As a result, the program launched successfully.

By Axonify on January 10, 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience with Axonify, Jeanne. We have excellent training resources available for our Admins that your Customer Success Manager can point you to, or you may access existing documentation and video content through our Customer Care Team.
January 4, 2019
Rolando I.
Food Safety Manager
July 13, 2017

“This has been a powerful program to train team members at all levels about the company. ”

OverallLearning about aspects of the organization that I don't get to interact in on a daily basis, if at all.
ProsQuick daily training. No more than 10 minutes which only varies based on the game you play, if you play one at all. The ability to challenge a team member is excellent since this allows the user to sometimes forget there is training going on. Ability to communicate with my teams is a very useful tool. We can say anything quick and short or upload a video if we choose to.
ConsIt does seem that they are still learning from the program. Sometimes in can be a bit glitch. For example, I once accidentally logged in on both my pc and mobile, and was able to start the training which probably skewed my results for that day. Aside from that, since the daily work is so short, I don't see many other cons.

By Axonify on July 17, 2017
Hi Rolando, Thanks for taking the time to review Axonify! We're thrilled that you and your team are enjoying the platform! We'll take a look into your comments regarding overlapping logins from separate devices since what you've described isn't the intended behavior/experience. Thanks again Rolando and we'll touch base with you shortly!
July 13, 2017
Rick H.
Online Learning Coordinator
October 2, 2019

“Microlearning for Retail from a new User/Admin”

OverallWe are not far enough into our product launch to determine any business goal effects yet, but the support received from the company has been much higher than I expected. After having problems with my account at the very busy conference, one person who helped me greeted me by name the next day in the halls. The people at Axonify seem keen to get to know you and your problems to help you succeed.
ProsI find the organization of the administrative tools intuitive and easy to use. Axonify support has provided a lot of online resources, learning opportunities at their community conference, and easy access to knowledgeable support staff who know how to solve a problem quickly and easily, or move the request up the chain to the right people. As for the end user experience, the software is incredibly easy to use. We are still just a few weeks from launch but I find the training tool easy to use and the interface is easy to understand and not visually cluttered. There is a visual update coming in November 2019 which will improve the look even further to make it take on a more modern, "web-app" look.
ConsI've had some issues with logging in because of the process involved with changing passwords that have been altered by the Admin. However my CSM and other support people I spoke to at the community conference were very helpful in getting everything straightened out.
October 2, 2019
Camille D.
Training Consultant
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
June 23, 2019

“Goes beyond our hopes”

ProsThe basic function of sending out randomized daily nuggets of learning in an engaging way is already meeting my team's needs - to the point where we have closed our important knowledge gaps and now have to keep finding more knowledge to consume! Turning this group into avid learners was beyond what we could have hoped for, and we have been using Axonify less than a year. I can't wait for the opportunity to explore all the features we are not yet using to see what those results will be!
ConsThe tool itself is not very intuitive, so we needed a lot of support initially to understand how to build content, structure teams & read reports, and we continue to need that level of support every time we want to explore using another feature. The great news is that the Axonify support team is great - fast to respond, knowledgeable, and personable, so I never feel like I won't find a way - I just wish I could self-serve more easily.
June 23, 2019
Maurice G.
Learning and Development Specialist
Telecommunications, 1001-5000 employees
August 21, 2019

“An all in one tool geared towards excellence.”

OverallWe are currently solving our major areas of missed opportunities within each of our LOBs. We have also noticed an increase in overall Quality Scores for the Organization.
ProsThe ability of the platform to be geared towards each of our organizational needs; Training, Quality Assurance, HR and even Operations.
ConsThe inability of the platform to track participation progress on a daily basis rather than over the past 7 days.
August 21, 2019
Azeem A.
Performance Enablement Coach
Consumer Services, 10,001+ employees
August 28, 2019

“The best Reinforcement Learning Tool!”

OverallIts a great learning tool which impacts greatly towards your business goals.
ProsIts a great tool that keeps the knowledge fresh...also provides leaders a snapshot of what's working and where they can help improve the results.
ConsReporting can be improved for example participation report shows 0 vs N/A or blank for people who were not in the tool at the time they were not active in the tool. Reporting can be simplified.
August 28, 2019
Russell D.
Training Coordinator
February 8, 2019

“Axonify Review”

ProsThere are very few issues with associates utilizing content across multiple platforms.
ConsI like Axonify a whole bunch, and I'm struggling to think of a con.
February 8, 2019
Julie A.
Manager, Customer Experience Learning and Development
Oil & Energy, 1001-5000 employees
August 27, 2019

“Axonify Delivers”

OverallThe Axonify team has been extremely supportive and has continued to provide ongoing support as we gain momentum to increase employee participation.
ProsWe launched the platform approximately 2 months ago, and are already seeing promising results. Participation and engagement is continuing to grow, as well as employee knowledge on the topics/content we have released to date. The implementation/launch went very smoothly and the ongoing support is stellar.
ConsAt this stage, I am challenged to identify any negative issues with the software.
August 27, 2019
Nicholas M.
Supervisor, Retail Learning
Retail, 10,001+ employees
April 27, 2019

“Getting the hang of it”

ProsThe amount and types of data that we have available to us
ConsThe navigation throughout the platform can be challenging
April 27, 2019
March 16, 2019

“Axonify”

ProsA create tool to disseminate content through microlearning. Very user friendly and powerful reporting features.
ConsRequires a lot of managing to upkeep questions database, if not buying full support to manage that piece.
March 16, 2019