Insightly Ratings

Overall

About Insightly

Insightly is a powerful, easy to use CRM software with native integrations to Gmail, Office 365, MailChimp, and other popular applications. With more than 1.5 million users in a variety of industries, Insightly is a leading CRM software. Businesses use Insightly to manage contacts at every stage of the sales process, track customer relationships, monitor their sales pipeline, and more. Learn more about Insightly

James D.
July 29, 2018

“Very easy to use and love the to-do list!”

OverallI like this program. I really do. I mean, that to-do list is so handy not only in theory but also in practice. The features make the program so easy to use and the fact that there is support on hand to explain any issues that the training videos did not cover is such a big bonus. We've had times during training where we were unsure of the functions, but one quick call to support cleared everything up. We feel like pros! However, the cost almost negates the good features. We are a small business and it's difficult to justify the cost when there are so many cheaper or free CRMs available. Maybe they'll come out with a small business version that isn't quite as expensive but has the features you need to run your day-to-day tasks.
ProsI absolutely love the to-do list. It makes it so much easier to assign tasks to my employees. I always prefer to have tasks written down to verbal tasks, so this program helps so much in that aspect. I also really like the clean, efficient look to this program. It makes it very easy to use and is not as cluttered as other similar programs. I loved the training videos that helped my employees learn the ins and outs of the program. The fact that there is tech support readily available is also a plus. I hate having only email or only phone support available, but Insightly has both!
ConsIt's rather pricey. The free version does not provide all of the features that make this product worthwhile over the competitors'. To get all of the features, you have to pay more, which makes sense, just not for small business owners. The fact that a higher plan is required to forward emails is a big minus. It's something that almost all businesses need but paying the amount for the professional version is not necessarily a cost that can be justified. I believe that if this program were a little bit less expensive it would be more useful for small and new businesses.
July 29, 2018
Financial Services, Unspecified
May 11, 2018

“A necessary tool to run my business. No more searching for client information.”

OverallEase of Marketing and Sales process. Total contact management software that include picture of person. What a plus. Great training videos to guide all level of users. Wonderful opportunity to scale the software as the company grows from startup to height unknown. Pricing is fair and Insightly is not living on past accomplishments it is improving product continuously.
ProsThey offer a free version to evaluate. Since it is without a time limit I used it and gradually became totally dependent on it. During a planning meeting with staff it was determined we could increase our efficiency by adding the professional version that includes email marketing tools and an easy interface with MailChimp. Now they have my paid business. It is with confidence that I agree to pay them for a monthly service that will be used by all members of my company. The program can accommodate the growth curve in a company such as mine. We started out simply needing contact management software. Later as our sales and marketing needs became more our focus adding these features was an easy decision. There are many videos to quickly bring a new user up to speed. The experienced user can use the videos to explore the many functions that may yet be used by a company as needs and goals change. The reporting function has recently become important as we need to know the results of our marketing and sales efforts. The tool is there and ready for us to implement. I think the more our company commits to using Insightly the more our communication between owners and employees improves. We openly share information on Insightly and our feedback has been positive. In the past before Insightly, communication was dispersed informally and sometimes led to bad feelings due to the inefficiency of word of mouth. Insightly is constantly making changes and updates to its software.
ConsIts not visually pretty. I know that is silly but staff has to look at it all day and they like pretty. When a new user/employee first looks at program they make the mistake of thinking it is an old program. While I am able to bring them along and show them it isn't true, their first impression is a temporary detriment to their learning curve and acceptance of the program. In order for Insightly to be the awesome tool it is, requires employee and leader acceptance. Everyone on the team has input and others depend on that input to do their job. Sloppy work seems to come from lack of acceptance. Part of this is my responsibility as a leader to insist everyone use the tools as intended but again, if the program had a new interface and pretty colors it might make a difference. Personally I always choose function first and then presentation but input from staff is a factor I have to consider. One other area I would mention is the difference between leads and contacts. They are not intuitive to some people and I think a better explanation and reinforcement in training videos would make it easier for the new user. This confusion has lead to some mistakes by my users that require a bit of corrective action by more experienced users. There is very little for me to find wrong with Insightly that isn't based on personal style and preferences.
May 11, 2018
Melissa B.
Management Consulting, Unspecified
3.5/5
April 29, 2015

“Insightly: The Sports Car of CRM's”

ProsHaving worked with clients using a variety of CRM's we've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. I often times refer to insightly as the sports car of CRM's because it allows companies to manage sales, contacts, projects, opportunities and client fulfillment in a very clean, efficient and user-friendly way. Some of the features I love best are their pipelines and activity sets. For companies that are managing lots of clients at different stages of fulfillment, Insightly's pipeline feature helps all the players involved know exactly what they need to do and when. The client profile makes it easy for me to link contacts to organizations or note other important relationships. The ability to save my email communication and related tasks to a contact has become an essential part of how we use Insightly and it's intuitive ability to save any attached files I send is another feature I love. Other favorite features are their mass emailing tool within the CRM. I can send a personalized email to a group of clients without having to write individual emails. A task management feature that allows me to see on one screen what I'm working on for each of my clients and in all areas of my business. With one click I can see what each of my employees is working on, what's been done. You can create custom tagging systems to easily sort and find clients in your database. In one place see all of the projects you're currently working on and where they are in the process of completion. Insightly's Gmail gadget makes it easy to assign tasks, create projects, save emails, add or update contact email easily from within your email. No more switching back and forth from program to program. Insightly University provides a good training source for new users in addition to their highly responsive customer service team. I also have to mention all the strategic partnerships that makes using Insightly with other programs really seamless. For example, Mailchimp, evernote, DropBox and Google Apps for Business to name a few. Sure, there are lots bigger more robust CRM's out there, but I don't want to drive a Mack truck every day. I like my sports car. :)
ConsInsightly's calendar doesn't work for me, but I use google calendar and haven't missed it. I wish you could customize what you want to see on the home page. Right now it's just a running list of the activity on your accounts, but not super helpful in my opinion. Right now you have to manually advance pipelines. It would be nice to set them to advance to the next stage once all the activity sets are complete.
Recommendations to other buyersBefore choosing a CRM Software, consider how your business will be using it. It's important to ask questions like, what repeating pipelines are we trying to manage? (ex. events, client fulfillment, client onboarding, employee onboarding, etc.) What information do I need to keep track of for each of my clients or leads? What other software is important to the workflow of my business? And ultimately you should always ask, if I could find a software that would do everything I wanted, what exactly would that look like? Unless you're willing to invest mega bucks into developing custom software, you're going to make compromises, but understanding your desired outcome is a huge piece to finding the right CRM.
April 29, 2015
Tom C.
Computer Software, Unspecified
April 9, 2015

“Insightly offers great features, ease of use, and low cost. ”

ProsInsightly is a very powerful toolkit, and incorporates both CRM and project management into the same application.  This makes it easier to keep track of status, and gives a single list of tasks which can show everything that needs to happen organized by person or by project. Insightly has more powerful sales pipeline management, strong task management, and integrates CRM and projects.   I use Google Apps for Business. Insightly has a direct integration with Google Apps.  This makes user management simple, and allows me some "extras" because their tool works nicely with Gmail.
ConsOn the negative side, the permissions are more "liberal" than some competitors making it harder to block people from access to project information. You need to have a user account for every person working on each project, which may mean you have to buy a larger number of users than are in your organization.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you're not using A CRM tool today, or if all your info is in spreadsheets, stop reading this review right now and sign up for Insightly. There may be a "better" solution out there somewhere that is a perfect fit for you, BUT the value you'd get from using it is so great that you should stop wasting your time searching. One other thing: What PROCESS do you have for managing contact with your customers, prospects, partners and vendors? The best CRM in the world will be of little value to you if you have no idea how you'll use it. Make the time to really think about what you want from the tool, and your ROI from using the tool will be FAR higher. Problem: You need to organize, track, coordinate and follow up with leads and contacts needed to support the event.   Using spreadsheets is helpful, but it's hard to:  Make sure that you're using the right version, keeping everything in sync between versions (e.g. Tom updates a local copy based on his work, and Dexter updates a local copy based on his work.  How do you keep both sets of changes?) Grant and revoke access to people easily (if they have a copy, how do you take it away?) It's hard to find information in a large spreadsheet. People may not be consistent in the way that they use the spreadsheet - I might put email addresses in one column, and you might put the work email in a different column, or in a different format. Who are the people in my network? Who do you talk to in the course of your business? * Current customers * Potential customers/leads * Team members * Vendors * Partners * Sponsors The list goes on..... How do you make sure that you stay in touch with each group? Needed Features Ideally a system or tool would support: *Tracking who is "on the list" and what group they belong to *Track all communications - (tasks, phone calls, emails) * Provide a mechanism to assign work to others on the team * Give visibility to appropriate team members to make sure everyone is on the same page * Organize groups of tasks together by person, by team, by project milestone * An easy "dashboard" showing latest updates/activity * Easy access to the tool - lowering barriers, helping team members put updates into the tool. * Easy import and export of data * Low cost * Sales pipeline management
April 9, 2015
Iain M.
COO and Technical Director
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
October 5, 2016

“Long time user verging toward long-suffering user”

OverallThis is a product I wanted to like so much. We have been using Insightly for many years. We were attracted to it because it combined CRM and Project Management. Over the years they have improved the CRM aspect, but have left PM virtually untouched. Their support is haphazard and they often introduce new *features* which cause problems - like the day Google Contact Sync stopped working, or the day Google Contact Sync started duplicating contacts in Google etc. Because we signed up so long ago, we have an excellent pricing model. If we were paying more I would be really dissatisfied. Oh and they are just appalling at sharing their product roadmap. It's like driving a manual shift car as the mechanic is fitting new gears as you speed up.
ProsGreat CRM and Pipeline Management out the box! Contact Syncing for Google is great - despite minor issues. Good simple project lists. Links nicely to Mailchimp and Xero.
ConsVery very poor project management. You will need to use other packages for almost anything. No resource management. No Gantt charts. No visibility. Email integration is rudimentary. Task integration is non-existent. No Office 365 contact synchronisation.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you want a good cheap CRM, look no further. If you want an integrated CRM/PM, it doesn't really deliver.

By Insightly on October 9, 2016
Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass this on to our product team because all feedback helps us improve. With regards to exposing our product road map -- it's common that privately held companies do not make their product road map public. If you have specific questions on features please send an email to laura@insightly.com and we can let you know if they are on the roadmap. Thanks.
October 5, 2016
Nezar K.
Sales Manager
Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees
July 25, 2019

“Effective and Affordable”

OverallOverall for small or medium size sales organizations, this is a great vehicle to ensure all opportunities are documented and tracked. Scheduling follow up ensures that communication errors are mitigated and the email templates support marketing initiatives.
ProsThe software offers many free features that others charge. It is excellent for a small business on an operational budget but can easily enhance when necessary. Automated marketing email templates are effective and easy to use. The system also integrates well with other marketing products. The dashboard gives a snapshot of your sales opportunities and the user can customize.
ConsDocumenting phone call attempts and connects take too many steps. The Task portion is a bit complicated and again requires too many steps.

By Insightly on August 16, 2019
Hi Nezar, Thank you for the feedback!!!
July 25, 2019
Aaron F.
Construction, Self-employed
July 5, 2019

“OMG!!!”

OverallMy business wouldn't run without it. I have too much to keep track of and it now stays all in one place.
ProsEverything! There is so much here that makes things so much more organized! I have a virtual assistant that keeps it updated and I just roll through every day and continue with the projects. I'm in the field and upload pictures in real time that tie together. Projects run smoothly with all of the contact info for all of my subcontractors is right there in the project. My favorite feature is that insightly creates a unique email for every entry and I can CC: that email address whenever I email a client or subcontractor and it automatically stores under that entry. I can link projects to contacts and files and notes, and organizations. I can't say enough about this software! Oh yeah, automations and auto creation of tasks based on stages in the project. I create activity sets that automatically create and assign tasks with start dates and due dates with the click of a button. SUCH A TIME SAVER! Integration with my Google Drive, integration with my calendar, integration with my Quickbooks, integration with...... ..... ......
ConsIt has so much to offer that it can be a bit overwhelming to set up, but they offer a setup service. It works just great.
July 5, 2019
KELSEY L.
Business Development
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
July 20, 2019

“Insightly CRM Review”

OverallOverall, Insightly solved my simple problems and provided a solution to our financial services firm so we could track our leads/projects until completion.
ProsI previously used a version of Salesforce for small companies called Salesforce IQ. It didn't link contacts to leads, projects and companies well. It synced too much information from email and most of it wasn't relevant. Insightly solved all of these problems and made it easy to connect the dots between a person, lead, project, etc.
ConsThe software graphics were somewhat childish initially, but they have updated the graphics over time. It would be great if the software provided analysis / charts on some of the data that is stored there without forcing the user to do it themselves manually in excel.

By Insightly on July 22, 2019
Thanks so much for your kind note, Kelsey. At Insightly we work hard to make sure our customers have a great experience with our platform and are able to build lasting relationships with their own customers. Your feedback means a world to us and inspires us to keep up the good work. Cheers, the Insightly team
July 20, 2019
Kevin L.
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
November 6, 2018

“Frustrating to get started”

OverallOverall, I don't think Insightly is the right tool for me due to it's complex setup which I think can improve if there a bit more videos in their help-section. The walkthrus for basic setup are good, but I'd love to see more videos or improvements in workflow automation. I only trialed the software so I can't speak on it as if I were an expert, but I think Insightly has some benefits but just not the right tool for me.
ProsI was looking for a G-Suite CRM and stumbled upon Insightly. I decided to give it a go and try out the free trial upon reading a few reviews. The main area I was interested in and found to be good was Insightlys e-mail tracking. I sent a test e-mail to both Gmail and Yahoo e-mails and found the tracking to be accurate. I can see how Insightly would be a value add for monitoring sent e-mails, and then creating an automation workflow to auto-add any leads who reply to a pipeline, but I wasn't able to figure out a workflow for it. I do believe it's possible however to not only add to a pipeline but even export the contacts who replied and save to perhaps something like Mailchimp for another customer-journey.
ConsMy first thought was that it looked really in terms of the feature set but I was a bit overwhelmed with the setup and it took me about 2 times to connect to GSuite although, it could have been a bug on my end rather than theirs. After connecting my GSuite account, I started to play around right away, setting up the leads section as I plan to use Insightly for Sales Tracking and lead scoring. I found the UX/UI a bit sluggish, and creating pipelines with custom attributes a bit cumbersome. I was hoping for a rich data-enrichment where all Company/People info would be filled out, but that aspect wasn't there.
November 6, 2018
Broadcast Media, Unspecified
November 16, 2014

“Great program that can sometimes be "An un-tappable resourse!”

OverallWe are a small start-up company and have been using Insightly for about 5 months. I have used several more complex CRM's in the past. While I "Get" CRM and I like the program, there are enough questions to drive a user crazy! To wit: When entering a phone number you have to insert the dashes. A minor point that gets frustrating very quickly! One should be able to set a "Default Country." Entering United States every time gets tedious! On other CRM programs, I can enter a contact once and, if there is another person from that same company, I can choose to retain the information and simply change the name and e-mail address. Not so with Insightly! You have to re-enter ALL of the info for each contact! Upon entering the program, Insightly proudly announces that they have teamed-up with "Microsoft One drive" and Google "Whatever." I'm older but not that far gone, yet I haven't a CLUE as to what these programs are and how to use them! Finally, the big frustration: How does a task differ from an event differ from a meeting differ from notes? Now, don't get me wrong, the Insightly team always returns my e-mail questions promptly but, how many times can I do that in one day? There really needs to be a manual (not videos!) for this stuff! I looked for an "Insightly For Dummies" book on Amazon but there isn't one. This CRM is obviously geared towards twenty-something's and not us older folks.. And yet, we outnumber them and in many cases make more $$$ than them! Are you listening Insightly?
ProsInexpensive with basic functions that are easy to use
ConsNo easy way to get answers to questions

By Insightly on November 19, 2014
We'll pass the feedback on entering data on to our product group. With regards to tutorial information to help you get started we have a number of resources for first time Insightly users -- many of them are on our resources page on our website (www.insightly.com/resources). Our Getting Started Guide is a ebook on the resources page. Our our online knowledgebase has great FAQs (i.e. what are tasks and how do I use them?) and short 3-4 min tutorial videos (Insightly University). You can access our online knowledgebase at help.insightly.com (and there is also a link to our knowledgebase from our resources page). Also if you are a paid customer we offer phone based '1 on 1 Help to Get You Started' (www.insightly.com/pricing). On a positive note, I'm glad that you are pleased with the response from our support team. With regards to age, the bulk of our users are in the 35-50 range so we welcome users of all ages :>) Hope this helps.
November 16, 2014
Susan A.
Sr. Manager-Business Operations
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
July 24, 2019

“A reliable and completely user-friendly tool with immense productivity.”

OverallInsightly CRM offers a wide range of services for our business to improve our customer services and have provided us with benefits to enhance our marketplace. It has allowed us to successfully engage our working relationships with the clients in a more reliable way. I have also been performing project management tasks with this tool.
ProsInsightly CRM is itself a very reliable tool which allows the user to gain the most of the advantage with its easy to use features and efficient tools. We can also easily integrate it with other tools to improve the overall productivity. It's super responsive when dealing with the customers. We can easily maintain our sales cycles and ongoing customer service to provide extra care for the clients. The user-interface is also quite easy and manageable than other such tools.
ConsChrome extensions are bit of a clunky addition which further complicated the working procedure so mostly avoid it. The other tools integration is right on point but the social media integration misses few of the parts and continues to be a wastage of time for us. In the end, it proves to be much effected on our overall work and improves the efficiency of our work routine.

By Insightly on August 16, 2019
Hi Susan, Thank you for the feedback. The Chrome Extension you're talking about is actually sunset. Try the new Add-On. :)
July 24, 2019
November 27, 2018

“Insightly - Punching above its weight”

OverallWe manage our business in Insightly and integrate it via their API into other systems. As such it is a real boost to our productivity.
ProsWe have been using Insightly for many years and have seen it grow. While there is now a lot of very advanced functionality on it, the application is still simple and intuitive to use. It still appeals to small businesses but at the same time has a lot of functionality that you would expect on a much larger CRM system. For example it is possible to create custom objects and pages in order to adapt Insightly to your business' needs. There is a an API that allows for integrations with other applications and a workflow module to apply longer running processes.
ConsInsightly started out targeting smaller businesses but can see the value in larger paying clients. As such the development contributions made to the lower tier subscriptions appear to be lacking. There has been a lot of new functionality aimed at the higher subscriptions whereas a few smaller but obvious wins have been ignored. This irritates the longer term loyal but smaller client base.
November 27, 2018
Matt R.
Managing Director
December 6, 2016

“Insightly is a good choice for small software-savvy operations ”

OverallOur small agency needed a small CRM and Project Management support package so we went looking for a good fit. The person who chose Insightly did her due diligence in terms of functional comparison and interface design. The problem was that the person who selected Insightly had no experience with lead tracking or project management, let alone the software packages that save time and enable information sharing. Still, upon installation, the Insightly program did a fair job. Where there was friction and frustration was having to devote the time, and align our thinking with their software designers, to implement the software on different Windows platforms we had among our small team. (Our problem, we know.) While the newby on the team found she could use Insightly after some (time consuming) tutorial watching, the guy with more CRM, contact management and project management experience found Insightly to be less intuitive and more clunky when it came to smoothly integrating with Outlook, Google contacts and calendar. Take all of this with a grain of salt, please, because we loaded the free version. Still, before paying for any upgraded functionality, we are looking for a product that behaves as intuitively as it should it it was designed by busy agency professionals who need to switch functions on a dime, just after a client contact, or integrate easily with other packages.
ProsVery simple, non-intimidating interface. Tries to be homey and welcoming to very small businesses. Earnest effort to serve up helpful hints. Looks like it doesn't require a lot of time to use.
ConsNot particularly business-like, visually. Cutesy. Not as intuitive an interface as expected. Glyphs and symbols are not immediately intuitive. More clunky when it came to integrating with Outlook, Google contacts and calendar.
Recommendations to other buyersIF you are a savvy software user, and you have per-user per-month fee to spend (which needs to be paid annually), then Insightly could be right for you. If you're looking to move into CRM/Project Management software for your small firm (1 or 2 users) and want to try before you buy, then plan to devote 6 - 18 hours on installation, tutorials and connectivity with other programs. Still, a pretty good deal IF you are savvy, patient and willing to spend the time. Remember, though, any CRM/Project Management software will require care, feeding and near constant use in order for it to work FOR you, rather than bog you down with data entry (which can seem to sap your energy and divert time away from more action-oriented tasks. That's going to be a challenge no matter which package you choose.
December 6, 2016
Thomas E.
October 4, 2016

“Almost Perfect - But not quite!”

OverallAfter using many CRM systems from Salesforce, Zoho, Apptivo, Pipeline Deals, Pipedrive, Base CRM and more, Insightly is a 'breath of fresh air' (even though that is getting a bit stale lately - more on that shorty). Frankly, after looking at many of these systems, I was tempted to design and create my own system (I have been a software engineer for 30 years and own a software development firm as one of my companies). Yet I decided to give Insightly the last shot. It works great - almost the way I would have designed. There are some weaknesses as well, most of all the lack of the support teams response to multiple request of the same kind and promising future fixes that 'are just not coming'. That all said, Insightly is well rounded, has lots of integration options and works very well for most CRM needs, especially around customer service, contacting, tracking and task planing. Even light weight project management is included in 2 different forms - pipelines or more traditional but more complicated to use project management optionsl
ProsHere are just a few pros: * Easy to use and learn * Integrated Light Weight Project Management * Fast Response * Great note taking * Easy task tracking * Great for sales cycles and customer service alike * Useful Integrations * Better User Interface than most (every tried Salesforce and couldn't find anything?)
ConsA couple of Cons: * Service - The guys and gals at Insightly need to learn to listen and pass information 'up the management chain' * Task and Event Handling need improvement as reported by many clients * Need fully functional 2-way sync with Google Calendar * Need real workflow functionality instead of clunky Project Management (to their defense, lots of systems 'miss this one')
Recommendations to other buyersThough there are some negative, I would say this is the best of the pack and relatively in-expensive for all you get. I would make looking at Insightly seriously a must for anybody wanting a flexible and easy to use CRM - that is from small to medium size businesses.
October 4, 2016
Mathew W.
Executive Vice President
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees
July 30, 2019

“Highly customizable and advanced CRM tool with easy to navigate features. ”

OverallInsightly , no doubt have been a great addition to our tools for perfect customer relation management. We can track customers, mails and leads and project at an in-expensive subscription providing us with great and handy features.
ProsInsightly CRM has the most intimidating interface with easy to understand and quite productive features. It is a perfect tool for the customer relation for mid-size and small organizations. We can easily customize the tool in order to get it properly synchronized with our working and requirements.
ConsFrom the initial look, it is not very much professional but rather seems to be a visually appealing tool. The integration with the other tool is also not so easy and reliable and affects the overall performance. The project collaboration tools also gives me a tough time so there needs to be some improvements required.

By Insightly on August 9, 2019
Thanks so much for your kind note, Mathew. At Insightly we work hard to make sure our customers have a great experience with our platform and are able to build lasting relationships with their own customers. Your feedback means a world to us and inspires us to keep up the good work. Cheers, the Insightly team. I'm more than happy to help review your integration concern. Integrations shouldn't slow the system down.
July 30, 2019
David k.
Retail, 1-10 employees
March 20, 2018

“Easy to implement and it's very affordable”

OverallKeeps thing organized, the price is right.
ProsWe've been using it for 5 years. Small Retail online/brick mortar for customer follow up. 3 users, it makes it easy to follow and get updates about tasks. the gadget that interfaces with gmail is convenient.
ConsMy staff that are in their 20's say the new UI is confusing and harder to use, so we stay with the older UI. The side bar chrome extension was suppose to make things easy but after trying it for a month my staff avoids it. Customer service is mediocre , they only wanted to help if I were going to upgrade to a higher level. I wanted to fist resolve over 700 contact dups. They said I had to do it manually! Emailing - Bcc'ing insightly each time I send an email seems so old style. When I get a rely the email does not go into the same thread, seems to me that is standard now a days. I've been using it so long I know what it's missing so we take extra notes or have links from the email in the notes so other staff can see or find the thread.
March 20, 2018
Kevin H.
October 7, 2016

“Great Potential, Lack of Foresight”

OverallIn general, the product is easy to learn and use. It has the potential to be great with just a few changes, but the programmers don't see the possibilities.
ProsGreat cost. Fairly powerful CRM system and reasonably intuitive to use.
ConsWhenever you push events from your Google calendar to Insightly, the Insightly calendar makes it private with no display of time, so nobody else can see it. It just disappears for everyone else. Likewise, any event you put on Insightly marked private doesn't show on the calendar as busy. It just disappears for everyone else. So, this bug makes the calendar essentially useless for showing team member availability and for scheduling. It also prevents other scheduling app integrations from functioning properly. Tasks are simply Events that don't have a start and end time. Events should act just like Tasks and be reported the same way. A simple solution is to scrap Events altogether and simply take the code used to create beginning and ending times on Events and apply that to Tasks as an option. The Task reports and all its functionality are great. Events is a little better, but generally poor. It's not needed if the features of Events are simply added to Tasks. This would make managing tasks and events in projects incredibly easy and much better than now. Right now, you have to use another program to manage simple workflows because this is so inadequate and inflexible. To fix this and make it far better only requires a couple of simple tweaks. Project management is not great. They haven't figured out the advantages of drag and drop.
Recommendations to other buyersI would definitely consider it as a strong possibility for your CRM. If you don't have heavy team coordination or project management needs, it will work well. Otherwise, you will be frustrated.
October 7, 2016
John T.
Regional Manager
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
June 10, 2018

“CRM software that promises ease of use, but just can't seem to deliver”

OverallInsightly's CRM software has been essential for our sales reporting and tracking requirements.
ProsThe dashboard interface is convenient and graphically easy to navigate, and it is an attractive interface. Some of the sections are simple and understandable by anyone first using the software.
ConsIt is difficult to generate reports unless those reports have been pre-configured. To generate a new report requires a substantial amount of input in fields which are not easy to understand. Though the dashboard is easy to understand and navigate, many of the other opening pages are not. And it offers some very confusing pop-ups, such as in "Projects" it asks you to "Check out the Kanban view for projects" without explanation of what exactly the "Kanban" is. Additionally, if you enter a sales lead, it is very difficult to convert it to an "opportunity." Also, when you create a new contact and associate it with an existing company or account, you wold expect it to give you the option of importing the account's address and phone numbers to the new contact's fields -- but it doesn't, and you have to enter those again. Finally, I do wish there were more "help" menus (question marks) surrounding some of the entry fields that you could click for an instant explanation or guide.
June 10, 2018
Tracey M.
Professional Freelancer
March 8, 2018

“Insightly has awesome customer support and works well for a with 3 remote locations”

OverallOverall a good product. I would recommend starting with a list of what you need from software, then what you would like then a nice to have list. See how many ticks this software gets. Compare it to at least two pieces of other software of the same nature before making your final decision. This is what I recommend for any piece of software. Also, check out their own forums of customer support, and social media sites to see what other customers have had to say about the software.
ProsIt is easy to have three branches of a business integrated into insightly in a relatively seamless way. It takes the CRM and the Project management aspects of running a business into the cloud along with scheduling and solves a lot of problems for the business I set up who are still using it today. They have used customer support extensively and appreciate their dedication to the product.
ConsLooking forward to better social media integration - this is currently not a real feature and something that our heavily social dependent business would really benefit from
March 8, 2018
October 13, 2017

“Great Software, Easy Too Use, Needs more Features”

OverallWe were disorganized across a few methods of tracking individuals who engaged with our work. This helped us to centralize the information, and to function better as a staff. We did not need to re-invent the wheel with each new contact or program.
ProsThe ease of use means a short learning curve when introducing it to new staff members. I specifically like the integration with Gmail to be able to add relevant connections from email with one click. Projects are a great way to track contacts and add comments and attachments to have all the relevant history of a specific project in one place.
ConsIt is very sales driven, and works for that capacity. I was using it as a non-profit, tracking volunteers and donors, and so I needed to "back door" some of the features to work for my uses. I wish the tagging features had sub-tags to help sort a bit better without having so many top level groups of tags.

By Insightly on October 16, 2017
Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your feedback on your use case as a non-profit. Our Customer Success team put together this great webinar to learn more about how to manage your non-profit's activities with Insightly should you need more ideas: https://support.insight.ly/hc/en-us/articles/220630127-Recorded-Webinar-Do-More-Good-Spend-More-Time-Growing-your-Non-Profit. Thank you! The Insightly Team
John T.
Doctor of Chiropractic / Director of Marketing / Editor
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
October 11, 2018

“Free trial without limitations”

OverallGreat product.
ProsThis product has a wide array of CRM tools and applications to work with including Google suite, Gmail, Docs, MailChimp, Outlook, Evernote, QuickBooks and more. The mobile accessibility was incredibly useful for on the go client relation management and is compatible with iPhone, Mac products, and Android phones and tablets as well. When navigating the "dashboard" Insightly offers real time reports and even probability of gaining new business and the value of specified clients. The project management function is fantastic. Once you've opened an account with a client, you can manage follow-ups and track progress on commitments and business along with history of conversations and specific details that can be utilized in the future for personable experiences. Insightly does a great job at distinguishing leads from clients, it's highly customizable, and removes the requirement of other project management tools you may be utilizing. The layout is similar to Facebook.
ConsSome additional features that are highly useful need to be payed for in addition to the software. Transparency on this would have been useful. If you're in healthcare, you may run into an issue with HIPPA compliance.
October 11, 2018
Tim J.
Voice Over Artist / Owner
October 13, 2017

“Insightly was my runner up when picking a CRM. The automation looked awesome.”

OverallWhat I wanted to do would be more work in Insightly, but for a lot of businesses, this one is it.
ProsInsightly is a great contender in the small business CRM market. I had looked at many others (there are a TON of CRM out there), basing my criteria on integration with accounting software, ease of managing client information, and ease of managing client projects. Unfortunately, none of the CRM I looked at has strong integration into the accounting software that I ultimately went with. Insightly seems to have some great automation to help out with managing projects, but where it got beat out was the managing of client information. Since a lot of my business is conducted through social media, another software beat it in ease of integration with those applications.
ConsAs with some of my other reviews, I don't find much not to like with Insightly. It does what it does very well, it just isn't as integrated into social media as some of it's competitors. If I were doing less prospecting and research on clients- such as if I had a business where people were coming to me to get something made or repaired, then Insightly would be the winner. As it is, I spend most of my day finding prospects to put in the pipeline, and that would be more work with this product.
Jackie P.
Executive Director
Philanthropy, 11-50 employees
December 6, 2018

“InSightly for Non-Profit Use”

ProsEasy user interface The InSightly University provides lots of quick, well made instructional videos Free for a limited number of users Great for tracking grants, related documents, & timelines
ConsIf you have over a certain number of records the platform begins to charge a fee - this would be fine if there was an easy way to delete "records". For example, if I'm working on a grant that is finite and generates 200 "records" -- if I only desire to keep the final project and do not need the records generated along the way; I have to go in and delete each one. As a non-profit with a relatively small budget, this is a great tool, but is too time-consuming to go back and individually delete. Right now, we are a small growing non-profit. I would pay for this service eventually but cannot do so at this time. So freeware platforms will end up with my business now where InSightly delivers on quality - affordability isn't there.
December 6, 2018
Eliot G.
Director of Business Development
July 2, 2018

“Good CRM for small business. Easy to use - Easy to import lists”

ProsI've using Insightly for years. It is a very easy process to import prospect lists. Since I am the main user in my organization I've been able to use the basic functionality without needing the reporting and audit capabilities. Easy to cc outgoing mails to the prospect listing. Simplicity is the biggest benefit for Insightly. Anyone can import without needing IT support. Search function is incredibly simple. Setting follow up is a click and done.
ConsIf I don't set up a next step or follow up for a prospect, it is easy to lose track of the prospect forever. I don't use the formal opportunity function as I found it easier to keep track of progress by setting unique follow up listings.
July 2, 2018
Jennifer F.
CEO and Founder
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
October 23, 2018

“Robust features - except reporting”

OverallI use Insightly for one of my companies. It meets most of my needs for that company, especially around understanding people's relationships to one another and in social media. I've also used the project management feature when managing group activities.
ProsI really like how it tracks relationships among the records and makes it easy to pull a list using tags. It also has robust features like project management. Data entry is simple and I like the way it uses actions/tasks. And it is very awesome the way it manages social media account information.
ConsI get frustrated with the poor report features and when I want to download and manipulate in Excel, I get all the tags in one field, so essentially I can view the tag list nicely online but I can't export that (for example to send an email to the group). I'm also frustrated with the limitations on standard contact information. I work with business people and while I start with employment contact, getting personal contact signifies a much deeper relationship. Not having standard personal contact info spots is troublesome.
October 23, 2018
Katy A.
Owner and Principal Consultant
Legal Services, 1-10 employees
December 8, 2014

“Insightly - great offering”

OverallI've been trialling Insightly and Solve360. I really like Insightly but there are some limitations versus Solve which are making me think twice. I can only customize 25 fields in contacts when I need more - SOLVE has unlimited custom fields. The other great thing with Solve is that you can give a contact a tag and apply only some custom fields to that particular category which is great for what I need. Another advantage Solve seems to have over Insightly is that you can share a "project blog" in Solve with an external person such as a client. That's fantastic when you want to be able to show your client how far along a project you are. Instant access. You can also operate all your gmail from directly inside Solve - total integration. That said, Insightly looks better to my eye and has unlimited storage. I think if you could get up to speed with SOLVE on the other items, you'd be at the front of the pack and I would be IN for sure.
ProsUnlimited storage Intuitive Great gmail gadget
ConsFalls short of full webmail integration Only 25 custom fields - too few for my liking and no ability to have subsets of custom fields No ability to share a project with a client

By Insightly on December 9, 2014
Hi -- Thanks for the feedback. I just have a couple questions. What is your use case that requires more than 25 custom fields? I ask just because for most of our customers 25 custom fields is plenty. Also I don't quite understand what this means 'contact a tag and apply only some custom fields to that particular category which is great for what I need.' I'm not sure if you are applying a tag at the contact level or the field level. At this time, we don't have the ability to share a project to your customers via a portal. With regards to manipulating your gMail, did you check out the Insightly gadget which works with Google Apps gMail? If you would like to discuss further or would like additional clarification, please feel free to email laura@insightly.com. Thanks
December 8, 2014
Accounting, Unspecified
March 13, 2018

“Great CRM tool for small and growing businesses”

OverallGreat for tracking and progressing sales opportunities and general business development
ProsThe option to create custom fields was a real hook for our business as we require a great deal of specific data and capture it in specific ways. The pipeline feature for defining custom workflows is a great feature which allows us to carve out our own procedure and modus operandi.
ConsThe UI feels a little outdated at times. The important date reminder feature is not as user-friendly or functional as hoped. We really require projects/workflows to auto generate on a defined schedule and struggled to make the best use of this software without addressing that need.
March 13, 2018
John David A.
Director of Marketing & Technology
11-50 employees
March 7, 2018

“Very powerful tool. Must be setup correctly and is only as good as the data you have in it.”

OverallIt helped us to solve a problem that no other software was able to solve.
ProsWe wanted a tool that would be very easy to for our sales team to implement. It needed to be something that would require a lot of training and that they would actually be able to use. Insightly is a tool that is easy to use and doesnt have alot of extra bloat that we don't need.
ConsInsightly is only as good as the data you put into it. Without high quality data going into the system and you have set it up correctly (meaning you have set it up how its meant to be used) Insightly becomes hard to use/useless. This is true of any system but unfortunately there are not good way to "Idiot Proof" the system so bad data cannot be entered. There is also a slight learning curve for this software to fully get users into and integrated with the software.
March 7, 2018
Mike M.
Realtor
Real Estate, Self-employed
August 30, 2019

“Very versatile CRM”

OverallI can access my data on the fly with their app, send emails from within, track documents, import/export contact info and more. I like the ease of use and expansive custom field options and ability to create tags enabling grouping of contacts or leads.
ProsAble to connect relationship between different contacts. It has the ability to create reports on a whim. Price is fair for the functionality and ability to customize to fit your industry's needs.
ConsNot specifically geared towards the real estate industry.

By Insightly on September 3, 2019
Mike thank you for your feedback and enthusiasm about Insightly CRM! Your experience and satisfaction with Insightly CRM are our priority and we're excited your experience reflects that. We look forward to creating many more great Insightly CRM moments for you. Make sure to keep up with Insightly news and updates, follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
August 30, 2019
Joel M.
Consultant
Non-Profit Organization Management, Self-employed
July 27, 2019

“Easy-to-Use Customer Relationship Management System”

ProsWhat I like most about this software is that it is an easy-to-use customer relationship management (CRM) system and also offers project management. What makes this software even better is that they offer a free version for business and individuals that only need 1 to 2 users. They begin to charge, per user, above their free 2 users.
ConsThere's not much not to like about this software.

By Insightly on August 12, 2019
Hi Joel, thanks so much for your kind words. We work hard to make Insightly a preferred CRM for businesses like yours and are thrilled you're making the most out of our platform. Thank you for being our valued customer. We look forward to helping you and your team reach new heights!
July 27, 2019
Justin R.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
May 29, 2019

“Powerful CRM Tool and So Much More”

OverallInsightly makes managing client relationships, prospecting, and marketing as simple as a single, fully-integrated platform that allows you to utilize and compare insights across all of those arms of your business.
ProsIts seamless integration across all devices and its full feature platform that functions not only as a CRM, but also a project manager, lead router, and marketing automation hub. It is the one-stop shop for pretty much every internal software every business needs.
ConsBecause of its multi-faceted functionalities there can be a bit of a learning curve associated with onboarding the product, and it also can get relatively expensive compared to other CRMs. Although, once you factor in the fact that it replaces several other tools you are likely already paying for, the value makes up for itself quickly.
May 29, 2019
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
December 4, 2018

“Exactly what we needed”

OverallAfter using for three years, I'd go back and do it all over again without hesitation.
ProsEase of use combined with affordability - a winning combination. The tiered pricing levels allow your investment to grow with your business. The pipeline features where tasks can be assigned to certain project types is a phenomenal timesaver as is the ability to associate emails with records of organizations or individuals while still using your email client.
ConsA small learning curve, but a minimal inconvenience for the power Insightly delivers. And the help menus are incredibly easy to locate and helpful to implement.
December 4, 2018
Gordon M.
IT Support Technician
July 31, 2018

“Insightly has grown with us quite well.”

ProsWhen we first decided on Insightly back in 2016 we fumbled around for a month or two importing leads and creating pipelines that no longer exist now two years later. Insightly now hosts a massive data base of our clients and is our first go to when interacting with them. Our company now depends heavily on Insightly every day and through the years has become ever more familiar and easy to use.
ConsJust the initial start up and launch as Insightly has many many functions to utilize and improve your customer relations management process, but through trial and error Insightly now easily makes up for the rough start.
July 31, 2018
Dave R.
Entertainment, Unspecified
April 14, 2017

“HORRIBLE experience with Insightly.”

OverallWe've been looking around for a new system for the past few months. Insighly has a lot of great features but we've run into way too many problems using it.
Pros* CRM and project management together in the same application * Easy navigation between clients, leads, tasks, etc * User-friendly interface
ConsFar too many features are missing and it seems like Insightly just isn't in a hurry to make the necessary features available such as: * Can't send HTML emails from within Insightly. It's 2016 -- HTML email has been around for a long time. It's so hard to believe that this isn't a priority for them. * Can't PRINT any of the data from within Insightly. This is a necessary feature for our company (and I'd think for ANY company). What good can our data do for our company if it can't be printed out? * There always seems to be some kind of bug with the Google calendar integration. Items appear as one date inside of Insightly and another date inside Google Calendar. * Cost of service is ridiculously overpriced when compared to the basic functionality that is missing. Cost of $35/month per user means that it could cost us $350/month to migrate our team to Insightly -- we simply CAN NOT JUSTIFY SPENDING $4200 per year on a system that isn't fully functional. * SLOW, SLOW, SLOW customer service / tech support. I reported an issue last September and I received a notification 7 months later that it has been resolved. Why do simple fixes take so long? * They do NOT listen to what their customers want and instead choose to roll out new "features" that no one was asking for in the first place. We want HTML email and we want to be able to PRINT. Why is that so hard to do?
April 14, 2017
Noah M.
Sales Associate
Banking, Unspecified
April 7, 2015

“Insightly's Information Management System Increases Efficiency”

ProsBy linking organizations, contacts, and emails with opportunities, Insightly saves users a ton of time searching for contact information, company information, or your past correspondence. Insightly is also highly customizable for various different kinds of businesses. Its features can be changed to mirror practically any kind of preexisting organizational system. Lastly, Insightly's search function allows users to quickly look up contact information, sent emails, and other information.
ConsInsightly automatically links your associated social media sites to your account. If you sign up with your gmail address, for example, anything linked to your chrome account will show up on your Insightly account. This is great if you want to get your name out there on Twitter or other sites, but can also result in users unintentionally showing personal accounts to coworkers and clients.
Recommendations to other buyersInsightly is well suited for businesses that need a forum for employees to share their work and to access common information. If only one employee drafts reports and then emails them to the rest of the company, then Insightly might not be necessary. However, if a team of workers consistently collaborate on reports, then Insightly is far superior to email. Insightly is also well suited for companies that make sales or frequently reach out to new clients. Insightly allows each employee to record their progress, allowing all future employees to continue on from where others have left off.
April 7, 2015
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
February 5, 2019

“This CRM had all the features we were looking for”

OverallInsightly was a great CRM for our team. We used the software for over 2 years with no major issues. More expensive solutions may be available but the value addition may need to be looked at.
ProsInsightly has all the features that a small sales team could ever need to run efficiently. It was the first CRM we used and most of us had no trouble getting started. It was a breeze to extract the reports The email integration also helped save a lot of time.
ConsThe solution could do with some of the features like auto-population of leads social media information and auto-recommend while filling up sections like the city in the lead information. The email integration could also be improved. perhaps it could also pull details like phone number and address that were mentioned in the email
February 5, 2019
Jenna M.
Communications Manager
Philanthropy, 11-50 employees
January 23, 2019

“Perfect CRM for Small Businesses”

OverallOverall Insightly is an affordable CRM that is intuitive to use (for its most basic features) but also has a slightly steeper learning curve to truly grasp all of its capabilities.
ProsInsightly is a powerful, affordable CRM that has all the necessary features for a small business. The feature that my team finds most beneficial is the task assigning and tracking to make sure our 'to do lists' are getting done.
ConsInsightly could use offer more social media and email integration. My organization would like all customer email communication to be sent with Insightly but we are not able to because of the limited emailing capabilities.
January 23, 2019
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees
January 14, 2019

“Simple and straightforward tool that will help your sales process”

OverallOverall, Insightly has been a pleasure to work with. I use this with a smaller team so it's been easy to start-up and run with. I have some concerns about our business "outgrowing" it but hopefully it grows alongside us!
ProsWe use Insightly to identify and manage the relationship with our customers and what I enjoy most about Insightly is that it allows us to tailor the product to fit our own needs. I have used CRM software in the past that forces a process or method down your throat but every process is different so I want a software that can be molded not a software that molds me. By finally getting a software that was easy to use and incorporated our methods we were able to get through the sales process much more efficiently.
ConsThere are some additional features that could be added and the upload feature is a bit limited as well which made it somewhat difficult to transfer existing contacts into the software.
January 14, 2019
Accounting, 11-50 employees
December 8, 2018

“Insightly CRM ”

OverallIt's a nice tool which accuartly shows our team where clients are in the pipeline. The CRM is useful. Cost is prohibitive for us to get our entire firm on the system, so we've started tracking client data in our project management platform.
ProsWe use this platform to track prospective clients and our sales pipeline. We then use custom reports to generate a weekly pipeline report that our team reviews. It's nice that it's a completely customizable CRM, that is pretty easy to use. It's one of the few platforms that we haven't replaced in our firm in the past 5 years, which is saying alot.
ConsWhen we set up the system, I don't think we accounted for certain reporting limitations based on customized fields, which has resulted in a very fragmented export / reporting process for us. For example, contacts and organizations aren't linked in an export, so I have to do a vLookup to get a client list by organization. Quite a pain, but I'm guessing it was our own doing.
December 8, 2018
Rachelle S.
Director of Operations
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
January 26, 2017

“Nice product - especially if it is a first CRM for you!”

OverallI highly recommend Insightly for small to medium sized businesses. I first got to know Insightly several years ago. Our company was established but was doing business all around the country off of spreadsheets! We needed a CRM. We looked at several other options (including SalesForce), but Insightly was right for us. I'm with a new company now and within two months of my hire we ditched Infusionsoft and went with Insightly. Transferring the data from one database to this new one was easy for a non-tech person to do. A good mobile app that goes anywhere with you. Good report generating functions. Great tutorials and videos. It doesn't have all the advanced bells and whistles that some of the big programs have, that's not what these businesses needed.
ProsEasy to learn and use. Has plug ins that are very helpful, we use it with MailChimp and QuickBooks Online. Very affordable and has lots of functionality. It helps us keep track of all we need to get done.
ConsIt takes a while to learn some of the more advanced features. Plug ins could be more seamless, but that will come in time, I'm sure!
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are a sole proprietorship or a start-up, get Insightly and get your stuff organized right from the start. It's super affordable for anyone on a budget. If you're a small to medium sized business that doesn't have a CRM or is underutilizing your CRM, consider moving to Insightly. It will be easy for all of your team to use, and when you become fabulously successful, it can grow with you. I've had no regrets with Insightly!
January 26, 2017
Michael D.
Client Liaison
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
September 15, 2019

“Saves my life”

OverallInsightly is responsible for being my memory storage and helping me keep promises through constant reminders and simple organization.
ProsI like the tasks feature the most on Insightly. The ability to easily share, track, include comments, attach emails and prioritize today's tasks makes life manageable.
ConsI like least that there are still features I don't know how to use. I wish that there weren't so many ways to assign tasks - to organizations or people.

By Insightly on September 16, 2019
Hi Michael! Thank you for your feedback and enthusiasm about Insightly CRM! Your experience and satisfaction with Insightly CRM are our priority and we're excited your experience reflects that. We look forward to creating many more great Insightly CRM moments for you. Make sure to keep up with Insightly news and updates, follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
September 15, 2019
Tobias d.
Commercial Manager
Internet, 11-50 employees
September 9, 2019

“Price is great, UX/UI not so much.”

OverallThe CRM tool does what's required, but the UX/UI isn't intuitive to me. It happens too often that I need to click too many buttons to get done what I wanted.
ProsCompared to other tools out there it's priced very reasonably. The graphical design (colours etc). are nice.
ConsThe User Experience/User Interface. It doesn't work as intuitive as other CRM systems I've experienced so far.

By Insightly on September 10, 2019
Hi Tobias. Thanks so much for your feedback. We'll use it to further improve our products and services. We hope you're also using our Resource Center to get answers to your questions/concerns and pick up tips on how to make the most out of our products and services. As always, thank you for being our customer.
September 9, 2019
Frank L.
Captain, Yacht Broker, Self Employed
Maritime, Self-employed
February 26, 2019

“Best CRM for the self employed!”

OverallInsightly has been a real game changer for me, there is no way that I could keep track of all my customers, leads, and projects without it. And the free version is great for people just starting out with not budget for CRM systems.
ProsEasy to use, the free version is pretty robust, and there is no "click here to upgrade" clickbait. The iphone and iPad app is really good even on the free version.
ConsI'd like to see more customization options on the first level of a paid subscription. I'd also like to see Insightly offer some platforms for certain industries, such as yacht brokers like myself.
February 26, 2019
Ted T.
Account Manager
Writing and Editing, 11-50 employees
September 25, 2018

“Good value for money”

OverallI really enjoy using Insightly, overall. It has helped our team collaborate extensively, and has really cut down on back and forth on account ownership/account coordination/etc. I highly recommend it!
ProsI really enjoy the ease of use, the collaborative aspect, the customization, the integration with outlook, and the ability to live within the ecosystem. I have experience with other CRM systems (SalesForce, Millenium, Abila, Raier's Edge, etc.), but this one has an easy and functional learning curve.
ConsEasily the most difficult aspect of the software is the inability to change certain core features. Specifically, the inability to add more than one email address (e.g., add a secondary). I understand that it is this way because of reporting requirements for the hard-baked report options, however it makes certain aspects of the software less intuitive and workable.
September 25, 2018
Nicj C.
Managing Partner
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
August 1, 2018

“Growing up: Insightly”

OverallInsightly would be a great beta. However, if you are looking for a developed and smooth interface without a huge learning curve it is not the best choice.
ProsSeemingly easy to navigate, though using its full feature set will require some passionate googling. Also, seems to integrate with Google well (ish). The ability to customize the CRM with project management is nice. I like the idea of project management being right next to the CRM. It's wonderful. There are opportunities to automate some of this. The initial price is great, however, the extras are a bit pricey.
ConsInsightly relies on tired party apps/integrations to create its streamlined workflows. Syncing contacts from Google requires an extra per user from a third party. I was surprised at the lack of basic function there. Setup interface is more of a giant control panel which is a bit overwhelming. Knowing where settings live takes a lot of click and hope. The interface is kindly described as clunky. Think google groups vs Trello. This app is more on the google groups side. It's functional. Insightly's feature set is somewhat deceptive when they are in sales mode. Yes it can do what it says. But, it's not as easy as it looks. As in, time can go die in their settings panels.
August 1, 2018
Vince K.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
January 24, 2017

“Now that I use it, I can't live with out it!”

OverallWe searched long and hard for a CRM that would help us organize and run more efficiently. I can't tell you how happy we are with Insightly. The workflow automation saves us untold hours. We use the Project and Task list extensively to keep our team on task and to keep from missing a single detail. I've referred Insightly to several other businesses who came to love it, too. If you're looking for a powerful CRM that won't break the bank, this is the one you want.
ProsTons of features like task assignments, activity sets for recurring actions, and gmail integration make this invaluable to us. Also, they have tons of video tutorials that are very well done.
ConsWe've been using Insightly for about 1.5 years now and I don't have any complaints.
Recommendations to other buyersI would definitely recommend this to any business looking for a powerful CRM.
January 24, 2017
Morgan H.
Insurance, Unspecified
April 16, 2015

“Insightly works for small teams.”

ProsInsightly works well with Gmail. If you already use Gmail everyday, the insightly Gmail gadget will make your life a dream. Also, the ability build workflows and assign tasks in insightly is very well executed. The ability to integrate with quickbooks online, and mail chimp make this a powerful crm for enterprising small businesses (like mine)
ConsThere is nothing I could single out as disliking. Perhaps the limited number of custom fields I can develop. I am in the insurance business, and we store many many data points on our clients, far and away beyond the simple birth date or expiration date. It would be nice to be able to customize some of the data fields to round our our client information.
Recommendations to other buyersYou will not go wrong with giving Insightly a try. The learning curve can be a little steep if you have not used a CRM before, but following the videos on the online Insightly university will help. You can get all your data out if you ever decided to leave Insightly, BUT (this is a big but) the emails you save will not follow out from the database.
April 16, 2015
Nicholas D.
Founder, Creative Director
Internet, 1-10 employees
December 7, 2018

“Really Good For Small Businesses”

OverallWe started using Insightly as a very small company when we recognized we needed a way to keep track of our clients as a team. We had outgrown email chains and had a growing client list and team, and Insightly was a free way to get started. Since then, we have upgraded plans with Insightly twice and they still do a very good job of keeping track of customers, projects, sales, and pipelines.
ProsKeeping track of clients is easy, email integration is solid, and workflow setup is improving.
ConsI wish there were a little more sophisticated automation for marketing purposes.
December 7, 2018
Yan F.
February 22, 2018

“I've used a free version of Insightly, but decided not to go with paid one. ”

OverallGood contact management system.
ProsIt's a good solution for a company that wants to combine CRM and Project Management solution and uses G Suite from Google. I liked that you can use Web-form-to-Lead feature even in a free edition - something other companies have on more expensive plans.
ConsIt is heavily geared towards the company (or individuals) that use Gmail - basically it seems to be a plug-in to Gmail and mimics its interface. We are more used to Microsoft and that was one of the reason I decided not to go with paid solution. Another one was that canceled paid month plan. Now paid plans starts with higher price and there is lack of features - at least for us.
February 22, 2018
Melissa P.
Digital Productivity Coach
July 11, 2018

“Was fine before the new update”

ProsI like that we are able to keep track of our clients and somewhat customize our task views to work for our process.
ConsThe newest update was not a great idea. I'm not sure if it's just because of our processes or if other users feel this way, but our ability to customize things has seriously diminished. The client view is not nearly as user-friendly. The activity view is really horrendous - when you mark a task complete, it doesn't disappear unless you refresh. When you delete a task, it takes you all the way out of the contact's record. We've actually moved our client note/task tracking to OneNote and it's working much better for us.
July 11, 2018