BigTime Ratings

Overall

About BigTime

**Leader in Time Tracking Software by G2** BigTime will help you simplify budgeting, project planning/execution, team communication, task management, resource management, invoicing and project financials. BigTime gives your entire team the tools they need to deliver billable work on time and on budget, giving our customers an average improvement of 25% in gross margins and a substantial increase in expansion and referral revenue. "We looked everywhere, nothing beats BigTime!" - Matt M. Learn more about BigTime

David D.
Co-Founder & Partner
August 5, 2019

“Solid Platform for Professional Services Organizations”

OverallAutomating, improving, and reducing time and cost required to process weekly time and expense. Providing reporting and audit-ability across the entire process with a few button clicks vs having to sort through manual data collection templates.
ProsOverall, we have been very happy with BigTime and its use in support of our field consultants. Our production implementation went smoothly and their staff provided helpful training and support to assist us with our launch. In addition, we have been very pleased with the configurability of the platform - just about every time we wanted to do something a certain way, for example how we wanted to display the form for our field's timesheet data entry, there was a way to configure the system to our liking. Also, we have been very impressed with the speed of the system and the design of the user interface. It's very responsive, easy to use, and everything is laid out intuitively. Also, the Reporting module is very comprehensive and it provides a way to pull data just about any which way one could want. BigTime has also been responsive and helpful in helping to support us when certain custom reports were required and we needed some guidance. Special thanks to both CSRs for their support with our implementation.
ConsWe have no outstanding support tickets currently and we have only seen a few small glitches but once we bring them to the vendors attention there is usually a way to correct it or some type of acceptable workaround. As far as suggested areas we think they can improve upon, one would be having the ability to set up to send specific invoices to multiple customer contacts on the To: line. Another area for improvement is sometimes the bill rate isn't pulled into the invoicing module consistently so we have to re-enter all the rates in that particular project code. As far as platform enhancements to make BigTime even better, we have suggested the ability to enhance the Allocations module so a manager can forecast a resource across multiple projects within the same or multiple accounts from the same screen/grid. Today this must be done via clicking into each project in the Project List section which is time consuming and a little clunky. This would be huge for us since we have a number of consultants who work on multiple projects across a given week/month/etc. Another enhancement would be to provide easy-to-pull reports that show a consultants profitability (revenue generated minus cost) across a given date range. This is not currently doable with the platform, but all the data is there since the system maintains both bill rate and cost-level information. We are hoping these items make their way onto the product roadmap here in the relative near future.

By BigTime Software on August 8, 2019
David, First of all, thanks so much for posting this extensive review for us here at BigTime. It is most appreciated and valuable to get specific feedback from our users. We are pleased that you're finding the platform responsive and flexible enough to meet your needs and we are very pleased that both Jeff and Kevin have provided excellent support to you. Please do reach out to us here at Customer Success if we can be of further assistance in any way - we are always happy to help. Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team
August 5, 2019
Rhonda R.
CPA
November 6, 2017

“Experience was rough in the beginning. It would be VALUABLE for onboarding to be completed by someo”

Overallfull integration with our financial software - invaluable... there are many great software solutions out there that do what they do fantastically, however they lack full detailed integration with financial software... not Big Time! BigTime allows you to manage workflow and not miss deadlines. You can quickly reassign work, monitor deadlines, track phone calls/messages, assign tasks, view work in progress, allocate work, and also track all financial functions related to this work inside your financial software. No more having to track accounts receivable and client payments in two systems. After spending 8 months with 2 people trying and testing multiple practice management solutions, Big Time was the best and satisfied all of the "critical" requirements.
ProsThe ability to communicate in detail with QBD and QBO. FYI to all who job cost... You CANNOT job cost in QBO. It is not a limitation of BigTime, it is a limitation of QBO. Which is what i mean by my partial experience answer above... (allow more text there).. if onboarding is completed with a premeeting checklist about the firms existing workflow and time management and by someone intimately familiar with the industry that is using BigTime the cons below could be addressed upfront. The team at BigTime were difficult to get a hold of but once they were aware they worked like crazy to get us setup and working in the time frame we had. We moved our QBO file back to QBD (we had to do the testing on our own because the team at BT didn't know why job costing wasn't working in QBO) Once we moved back to QBD the job costing, invoicing, payroll work like a charm inside QBD. Hands down, it is the best integration with QBD of any practice management software out there... We had 2 people who spent 8 months testing many software solutions... most were lacking at least 1 "critical" requirement... Big Time was not. As we become aware and work through things like "terminology" we are becoming more and more confident in the workflow and keeping track of what is due when and who has what and what state the work is in. This is key as we go into tax season but also something we cannot live without on a day to day basis as 95% of our work is recurring on various time schedules. Thank yo
ConsThe wide range of terminology used in the software is confusing and causes errors to be made during implementation. Examples: Start Date and End Date... without these terms being defined you would think that start date is the day the work should begin and that End Date is the DUE DATE. Not so within Big Time. For recurring tasks, Start Date means Due Date in Big Time language. Another example: Completed vs Archived. Completed in most software solutions means that the job is finished or done; and archived means done and sent to storage with no recurrence nor future work is expected. In Big Time the term Archive means Completed or Finished or Done and removes the task from the workflow list and generates the next task in the reccurence. In BigTime the term Completed means something different... still unsure what it means because even when you update a task/project status to "completed" the task remains on the workflow list.
November 6, 2017
Denise T.
Finance Manager
April 15, 2018

“We use BigTime for Professional Services Automation. It is great for our multilevel company. ”

OverallOur company is not able to more accurately and completely track time to be charged to a project. Our systems are now more automated and more paperless.
ProsBigTime allows users from a variety of backgrounds to connect to the software from various platforms (desktop, laptop, smart phone) to track time per project, to track expenses on a daily basis with electronic submission of receipts, to run reports on time spent, to connect with external accounting software seamlessly.
Consthe software has some limits on "naming" items that do not always correspond directly to our external software and do not fit within our company culture. (For example: In BigTime, billable means charged to the project, may invoiced or may not invoice. In our company culture, billable means an invoice will be sent for payment to the client.

By BigTime Software on April 17, 2018
Denise, Thank you so much for the review - we truly appreciate the time and the effort you've taken to let us know how our software is working for you. We're very happy to hear that BigTime is working for you throughout your organization and that you're able to use the software across several different platforms - we work hard to make that happen! We're very sorry to hear that some of the terminology used by BigTime is inconsistent with your business processes. We try to make BigTime as flexible as possible, and you can change many of these terms within your Lexicon (check under My Company>My Company>Lexicon) but there are some terms we cannot change at this time. That being said, that feature might make for an excellent Feature Request. If you'd like to learn more about how to submit a Feature Request, please reach out to us at success@bigtime.net. Thanks again! The BigTime Customer Success Team
April 15, 2018
Sonia G.
operations manager
June 8, 2017

“The training sessions have been paramount to my success with using the software. Brea rocks!”

OverallEase of use with Quickbooks integrations and lots of customizations for staff
ProsStraight forward navigation on all tabs makes all operations easy. I like that all of the administrator functions are kept fairly simple; there are a lot of great ways to customize almost everything, without being overwhelming to learn. Most customizations are nice since you really only need to set them up once, then make small tweaks until everything is just right. The software will be very easy to train new employees to use. I love that it links to Quickbooks; I have so much less leg work than my previous software when it comes to data entry. So far a fairly smooth transition from the previous software.
ConsWhile there are a lot of ways to customize the appearance of pages for employees, the invoices are still fairly restrictive. I find it odd that I can't change little things like: justifications (Overall message stuck in the center of the page and I can't indent it lower), and the job name is right justified and continues long names to the next line mid word sometimes; the color or boldness of each text line (ex. I would like the job name bold or larger font and some lines to be in color). I know these changes can be made as a word doc, but then it won't change my template in Big Time.. Second, creating a report to my liking has been very challenging. I need a monthly report for each project manager with an individual detailed overview of each project every month. However, when I have tried to tailor existing reports or make my own I always get an error that my report can't be created. Third, our billing cycle falls mid month and it would be preferable if timesheets and billing could be broken up by custom billing cycle rather than monthly. It's hard to track the cycle with just a weekly timesheet view. It's a change we can work with, but it requires a lot of extra work for the admin to constantly filter in invoicing. Lastly, the character limit on job titles is painfully small. We have a hard time getting all crucial information to fit. It would help dramatically if the job info screen had a place to record the address of the job.
June 8, 2017
Scott S.
Operations Manager
July 30, 2019

“Flexible Project SetUp and QBO Integration”

ProsWe support many different kinds of projects and contracts. We have T&M, Fixed Fee, Recurring and some Fixed Fee with a T&M Element. We like BigTime because it is easy to set up a project with tasks (line items) that match our contracting terms. Also, it is possible to set Cost and Bill rates at the Company, Project or even Task Level. This kind of flexibility makes it easy for us to produce invoices that match our contract setup. We also needed something with fairly tight QuickBooks Online integration. BigTime deliveres here also. Lastly, the reporting facility in BigTime is very usuable.
ConsThere is not really anything that I find I don't like. From time to time, I have a feature request for the BigTime team. They communicate very well regarding their roadmap.

By BigTime Software on August 1, 2019
Scott, We are so very thankful for your review - we really thank you for taking the time to post it. :) We are very happy that you're finding BigTime's flexible invoicing system able to provide what you need when it comes time to send your customers the bill. Also, we love that we can make it easy for you to setup your diverse projects with all their various bill rate structures and unique needs. The fact that you are utilizing our Quickbooks integration as well and it's working for your business, well, that's just icing on the cake! Please do reach out to us and let us know if there is any way that we can be of further assistance to you. Thanks again! The BigTime Customer Success Team
Mary Z.
IT Systems Administrator
Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees
May 18, 2018

“I still recommend this product after having using it for 10 years”

OverallTime tracking, expense reports and invoicing all comes out of the same information that is entered in one place: BigTime We use QuickBooks for accounting and the BigTime information flows easily into QuickBooks at a nightly synchronization.
ProsThe ease of use and setup, management and flawless connection to QuickBooks to post information and allow us to invoice clients, print and pay expense reports and collect project information in an easy to use project database. Time tracking is a breeze and built in reports allow us to view important information with a few clicks.
ConsThat the BigTime monitor is not a service but it requires an account to be always signed in in order to run. I hope it can be converted to a service that we don't have to worry about.

By BigTime Software on May 25, 2018
Mary, Thanks so much for your review - hearing good things from our customers always makes us happy, but hearing good things from our customers from the past decade really makes our year! :) We're very pleased to hear that we're doing things well in your book and we're going to try really hard to keep doing so and maintain your positive impression of us. Regarding the Sync Manager, it's actually the security requirements of Quickbooks that prevents us from creating a stand-alone service, so as long as Quickbooks keeps their security as is, then our hands are unfortunately tied. Please do let us know if there's anything else we can do for you, or if we can assist in anyway! The BigTime Customer Success Team
May 18, 2018
Research, 11-50 employees
May 14, 2019

“Good Basic system that is easy to use”

OverallOverall BigTime is a good system that works for what it is suppose to and is simple to use for someone that knows how to use a computer. We have been able to track hours against certain projects by person which helps us with cost estimating. I am sure there are plenty of good systems out there but I have been satisfied for my responsibility when using BigTime.
ProsThe ability to pull out job lists with titles is very convenient for having team review meetings. You are able to pull out most reports into excel and filter and sort from there. Having the task status is very useful for those who utilize that feature. My office does not take full advantage of the capabilities this system offers but does work for us when being used.
ConsFor the new Gantt chart feature I have not been able to use very much but am disappointed it is not able to be exported into excel like the other reports. The difficulty with this system is that it is only as good as your weakest link. For my office enforcing full participation is difficult and that prevents us from taking full advantage. I do not work in accounting but apparently it does not sync as well as it used to for quick books and other software. This makes work duplicated on that end which is really inconvenient. Another item that is irritating is when pulling complete job list you have to do it a certain way or else it will not pull old jobs that you were not listed as team member for. That caused some confusion/concern during review meetings.
May 14, 2019
Derek C.
Operations Manager
Maritime, 11-50 employees
April 26, 2019

“Bigtime Review”

OverallMy company is able to use Bigtime for time and job management. All of our employees utilize it and is pretty user friendly. Customer support is extremely important to me and I have been working with representative who is the Manager for Customer Success and she has been great to work with! Without her support I would not have been able to learn how to utilize all of the functions that are beneficial for our business. I look forward to continuing to work with representative with helping me grow my knowledge of the software and utilize all of the great functions Bigtime has to offer. Thank you representative!
ProsI like the functionality and how we were able to have some custom features made that are helpful for my job/company and how we use Bigtime.
ConsI don't like that there are some advanced features offered but they are not completely working when I try to set them up.

By BigTime Software on April 30, 2019
Derek, Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review for us here at BigTime. We're very pleased to hear that your interactions with Chris are helping you to understand all of our software's functionality and how you can apply your business processes to it. This is great to hear! As well, be sure and check out our Knowledge Base, which has hundreds of detailed articles on all of BigTime's functionality - these articles will prove to be invaluable as you continue to learn about BigTime's advanced features: http://kb.bigtime.net/ We hope this helps, and thanks again! The BigTime Customer Success Team
April 26, 2019
Eman J.
Recruiting Coordinator
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,001+ employees
August 30, 2018

“BigTime saves the time in timekeeping!”

OverallIf you want to have the confidence in the accuracy of how many hours you bill your client for a certain project or if you want your employees to save time in creating their timesheet, choose BigTime!
ProsBigTime saved us from doing biologs, logging out and also the need of us to keep track by ourselves the time we spent for a single project. It is an online application where you can input how many hours did you consume just to create or to lead a single project versus the other projects that you are doing. BigTime saved me more time in logging in and logging out, and also keeping track with how many hours of work I did for the day.
ConsWhat I don't like about BigTime is that sometimes when you submit your timesheet, it creates duplicates times. So instead of just sending 40 hours of work in a week sometimes it gets doubled or tripled.

By BigTime Software on August 31, 2018
Eman, Thanks so much for posting a review for us here - we really appreciate everything you have to say and your taking the time to post a review. :) We are very pleased that our software is saving you time and freeing you up to do your job and run your business - that's precisely what we created BigTime to do! Regarding your duplication of time, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team (support@bigtime.net) if this persists, as this is definitely not the norm for BigTime functionality. We'd be happy to help out and get this corrected. :) Feel free to reach out to us on the Customer Success Team as well. Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team
August 30, 2018
Kate H.
Vice President
January 24, 2018

“Great interface for timesheets and expense reports”

ProsI like the intuitive interface that generally does not confuse me. I also like that if I have a specific question, I can typically get it answered quickly through the support team.
Cons1. I would love to have access to timesheet and expense review through the app on my phone 2. I would love a more hands on 'onboarding' process where someone really walked through the interface with Quickbooks for us as business owners

By BigTime Software on January 25, 2018
Kate, First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review of Big Time - your review means a whole lot to us! We're very pleased that you've had a positive experience with both our intuitive software and our responsive support. :) Regarding Timesheet/Expense approval on the mobile app, we understand completely and you're not alone - other users are asking too, and we hope to have that feature live as soon as we can. The idea for a Quickbooks centered training is an excellent one, and we'll make sure that we take a close look at adding that option into our On-boarding as well! We do offer Success Points, which your firm can purchase for additional training about any topic you like (such as Quickbooks' interaction and interface with Big Time) and you can find out more about that here: https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/442598/Success%20and%20Support%20Content/Success%20Services/Success%20Services%20&%20Points.pdf Thanks! The Big Time Customer Success Team
January 24, 2018
Shannon D.
Architect
Architecture & Planning, Unspecified
December 8, 2015

“BigTime is a huge asset”

ProsI have been using BigTime for about 6 months now and could not be happier. In my previous company, I purchased a time tracking software for my employees and bookkeeping and it was a disaster. It didn't integrate with Quickbooks, was cumbersome to use, fouled up our taxes and was extremely expensive. Conversely, BigTime has been a huge breath of fresh air. It integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks, allows me to easily track my time, expenses, and create invoices. I can readily see where I am with project budgets verses time spent and can easily gauge when it is time to bill. I am now a sole proprietor and have to wear all of the hats of the business. Having BigTime has been an indispensable tool in being able to manage the "business" side of the business easily and efficiently. The customer service (specifically through my personal Account Manager) is outstanding. If I ever have a question, he has solved it through timely and knowledgeable feedback or it has been resolved with a quick online chat with support. As you can tell, I can't say enough about this software and am so glad that I found it (and wish I would have found it sooner).
ConsI honestly can't think of anything that I would change
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are looking for an easy, but robust, time tracking software, BigTime is at the top of the list. Before I purchased, I researched many different options, looking at things like mobile availability, QuickBooks integration, budgeting tools and the ability to manage multiple clients and multiple tasks/phases within each client/project. I "test drove" many software programs and found the hands-on experience with each to be very helpful. You are able to do a trial version of BigTime to see if it works for your needs - something that I highly recommend prior to purchasing any similar product. BigTime had everything I was looking for and more. After using the software through my trial and going back and forth a bit with my Account Manager to discover more of the features of the program, I purchased BigTime confidently and am so glad that I did.
December 8, 2015
Chris F.
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
July 30, 2019

“Excellent time management and customizable invoicing system”

OverallWe were looking for a solid time management and invoicing system and were hard pressed to find something that was really specific and tailored and not a huge SAP system. BigTime was an amazing find! The system is easy to configure, easy to use and the support has been amazing. We're very happy with the system.
ProsEasy to use, easy to configure, brandable and great support
ConsWish the documentation for the custom invoices was stronger.

By BigTime Software on August 2, 2019
Chris, Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave us a review here at BigTime! We really do appreciate it and we're super excited that you're finding our software so easy to use, configure and brand! We're also very pleased that your experiences with our Support Team have been positive as well - we work very hard to make sure that is the case. Please do let us know if there's anyway we can serve you more (or better)! Thanks, The BigTime Customer Success Team
Mike A.
VP Operations
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11-50 employees
December 5, 2018

“Data Visibility And Project Cost Management”

OverallOverall, BigTime has been easy to do business with and the software has optimize our back office. The front end time and expense reporting system allowed us to kill static Excel forms and provide our users with a clean modern interface to start the data entry process.
ProsBigTime allowed us to optimize how we track project dollars and hours. In the past we would manually enter the data multiple times to different forms and systems - it was always out of date static information. Now, we enter the data once and have real-time access to project costs and hours. The data flows to invoices, reimbursements, and reports.
ConsOverall, the software is solid. There are a few navigation workflows that can be improved. BigTime is aware of some click stream patterns that result in getting too deep into a project where you need to click back out to the "home" screen to restart a navigation into a project. This happens more on the administration side - the time and expense entry process is simple.

By BigTime Software on December 7, 2018
Mike, Thanks a ton for taking the time to post a review for us here at BigTime - we know your time is precious and we appreciate you giving a little of it to us! We could not be happier that BigTime has made your life easier and allowed you to optimize how your business runs - that is one of the main reasons why we created the software in the first place! Getting rid of those static spreadsheets and freeing your employees up to do their jobs - that's music to our ears! Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you! Thanks again for the review, The BigTime Customer Success Team
Alyssa F.
SysAdmin
May 9, 2018

“Does its job with ”

ProsThe integration with Quickbooks makes our lives much easier. The support staff is really good too - they always get back in a timely manner. The integrated task timer is a nice feature as well.
ConsThere isn't anything I really dislike about BigTime, but there are some features I wish it had (like automatically creating tasks in new projects)

By BigTime Software on May 21, 2018
Alyssa, Thanks so much for your review. We here at BigTime really appreciate your taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review and we're very pleased that our software is making your life easier! Regarding the auto-creation of tasks, please feel free to send us a Feature Request for that! You can always submit a Feature Request to support@bigtime.net to potentially add a new feature. Please make sure you put "FeatureRequest" in the subject line of the email when you send it and provide as much detail in the body of the email as possible so that we're sure that we implement the feature properly. Our Development Team examines each Feature Request very carefully and many of the features you use in BigTime today are the direct results of customers requesting functionality in the past. We hope to hear from you again soon and thanks for the review! The BigTime Customer Success Team
May 9, 2018
Josephine K.
Vice President
March 15, 2017

“Review of BigTime After a Month”

OverallAfter reviewing four options for Time and Expense Tracking software we decided on BigTime for two reasons: Ease of Use and Invoice Templates. The Time and Expense entry for the engineers in our office was intuitive and easy to learn. The mobile app works very well and is used more than we anticipated. From the administrative aspect the setup is relatively easy and the user interface is easy to follow and understand. I really like how the screens navigate from one to the other and how I can customize what I want to see on each screen. The clicking on the column headings to view the information in varies ways is great. We create about 50 - 60 invoices each month where the format may vary depending on the client for each one. BigTime does a good job of providing a base of invoice templates with the flexibility customize. The one thing that is really missing from the invoicing option is the ability to display the Total Cumulative Amount Invoiced as of the current invoice (prior amount + current invoice amount). I have requested this change and hopefully it will be added. The last aspect is customer support. Two training sessions were included in the software subscription. The first one was good for the very basic information, maybe a little too basic. The second session was much more informative that gave us some good practices to use with BigTime (Brea was very knowledgeable in both). The day to day support seems short handed. Most of the time you have to send an email and wait for a response which could take hours or the next day. As a new user that was a little frustrating. I don't necessarily need to talk to someone on the phone but a live chat would be great to get an answer and move on. That is the one area that I would recommend BigTime address. Overall we are happy with our decision to go with BigTime and I would recommend BigTime to others.
ProsThe user interface is very intuitive and easy to learn
ConsI cannot display a cumulative invoice total in the budget summary for invoicing (prior billings + current billings).
Recommendations to other buyersTry to staff the LiveChat for customer support. It would really help with quick questions.
March 15, 2017
Amy W.
Design Director

“Big Time Review”

OverallI really love Bigtime because of the customer support. Without that this would be extremely challenging. I hope there will be more development to make the program more fluid for various types of projects.
ProsSimple interface, fairly user friendly, and customer support!
ConsThe behind the scene formulas are not always intuitive - negatives mean positives and vice versa. There isn't a ton of flexibility with customizing the workflow as it relates to the process in our studio. For instance, we had to set up our tasks as labor codes and each timesheet entry that has a different labor code needs a new line. There is often a lot of back and forth to understand workarounds. Also trying to understand how to display something the way we want to see it is challenging and without the support we would have been lost.

By BigTime Software on October 17, 2018
Amy, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post a review for us here at BigTime. We are very pleased that our software and support and proving helpful to you. Also, we wanted to let you know that in addition to our support offerings, we have an excellent Knowledge Base that can also be used to assist you when you have questions. Feel free to check it out here: http://kb.bigtime.net/ Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions - we look forward to hearing from you! The BigTime Customer Success Team
Michelle H.
Assistant Controller
September 6, 2018

“Big Time Migration”

OverallWe were switching from an antiquated time & expense software that had reduced technical support to the point where we were almost at a standstill. Big Time was easy to use and set up and we had great support from our account executive from the initial demo all the way through our trial period to quickly getting us set up. Our office has breathed a sigh of relief at having a more nimble and intuitive product to record time & expenses. We were able to quickly set up clients due to the ease of integration from Quickbooks. We love the ability to change reports easily based on what is useful for us and to be able to adjust invoices fairly easily based on what each of our clients like to see. Our staff training has so far been quite minimal as it was easily picked up by everyone. We are in the early stages so we might run into problems later but so far so good. This program also has the flexibility to help us figure payroll overtime with reports rather than having to wrangle the information from an excel type exercise. We have not used this software for any project management type of viewpoint and there are probably better programs out there if that is your mail goal for roughly the same price. However, if you are looking for a time & expense recording, payroll and invoicing program -- especially if Quickbooks integration is also a pro -- then this is a good bet. We have not had to go back to technical support very often as the program is very easy to pick up on. There are lots of options for invoicing looks as well so you will be able to find something that will work for you. There are some quirks or shortcuts that the program uses so please use the set up team and don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand because they are very responsive.
ProsEase of Use for time entry and set up Technical Support Mobile App Quickbooks integration for both online and Enterprise version
ConsThere are some quirks to the product as far as knowing where to click to make changes. Minor issue really and is covered by support calls pretty quickly.
September 6, 2018
July 29, 2018

“At last we could prioritize our client support in proper way”

OverallIt was a good quick option to organize our support team billing.
ProsOne of our projects is in support stage. Team of 15 people is still there on all lines of support. The deal is that requests from our clients are coming at random moment of time and require from 1 hour to several days to handle. I feel with BigTime it came to more order. Now we can form kind of backlog of client requests and also track time people spend for their processing. For clients that have series of similar requests, we are able to find past communication history and get all required stakeholders together to sort out things once and forever. From other side, some of clients have paid support contract with us. As they see how each of their requests is priced at the realtime they also prioritize their requests in more smart way.
ConsI am unable to view most of reports on my mobile phone. Also there's no way to create shortcuts for the most useful functions that sometimes are hidden deep inside the app.
July 29, 2018
bridget d.
Accounting/Business Manager
Environmental Services, 11-50 employees
May 3, 2018

“Efficiency that is well worth the money.”

OverallProject management efficiency
ProsBigtime gives us the ability to manage our projects time and expenses more efficiently and work together cohesively as a team.
ConsAlthough I love the ease of reporting, it is a little messy. Granted I have too many... but I would love to see them identified better somehow in the list. bullet points maybe?

By BigTime Software on May 7, 2018
Bridget, Thanks so much for posting your review - it means a tremendous amount to us here at BigTime - your opinion matters to us! We are most pleased that our software is able to make you and your team more efficient and increases your overall cohesiveness. Those are some of our primary goals, so seeing them reflected in your review really makes our day. Regarding your thoughts on the presentation of reports - that's a great idea! How about submitting it as a Feature Request? We love getting new ideas from our users here at BigTime and if you would like to do so, simply send an email to support@bigtime.net. Please make sure you put "Feature Request" in the subject line of the email and provide as much detail in the body of the email as possible so that we're sure that if and when we implement the feature, it is done properly. Our Development Team examines each Feature Request very carefully. We hope to hear from you soon - thanks again! The BigTime Customer Success Team
May 3, 2018
Sharon A.
Finance manager
March 30, 2018

“Easy to use and to get support”

ProsEase of use and prompt service, the invoicing and time tracking is invaluable. Budget monitoring is easy too and the connection to Quickbooks is perfect!
ConsWhen I can't fix a problem on my own, it is frustrating and does slow down my productivity but the support by BT is prompt and just have to send an email to get it fixed is easy.

By BigTime Software on April 3, 2018
Sharon, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review - we really appreciate all our customers' feedback! We're also very pleased that you've had a a good experience with our support team - we work hard to make sure that we provide the best service out there. The fact that our core services: time tracking, invoicing, budget management and integration with Quickbooks are useful to you is stellar - we're pleased that we can help you run your business better! Regarding fixing problems on your own, be sure and check out our BigTime Knowledge Base (https://kb.bigtime.net/) and our Blog (https://www.bigtime.net/blog/), both of which can be excellent sources of self-driven learning about BigTime. We certainly hope these help! Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team
March 30, 2018
Tammy C.
Office manager and bookkeeper

“Bookkeeper”

OverallI am delighted with representative and the rest of the staff at BigTime they provide topnotch service! You definitely get your bang for your buck $$ with Bigtime.
ProsThe bosses and staff enjoys working with BigTime because the support is so wonderful. They are friendly and very knowledgeable, If I have questions and concerns with various issues the BigTime staff has been amazing. Several times I have had representative. as a support technician and if I cant seems to explain myself she will make extra effort to verify what the issue is.
ConsSo many options it can become overwhelming.

By BigTime Software on February 21, 2019
Tammy, Thanks so much for leaving this wonderful review for us here at BigTime - we truly appreciate it! We are very pleased that you are finding our support staff knowledgeable and helpful - we work very hard to provide the best services and software in the business. If there is anything else we can do for you, please do not hesitate to reach out to us here at Customer Success. Thanks again! The BigTime Customer Success Team
Mike T.
CFO
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
March 20, 2018

“Long time users. Software works will and employees like it”

OverallChance to comment directly to the company
ProsEasy to understand for the end user and easy to administer. Sync function works as designed and interface has improved with phone app and new version.
ConsMissing one feature - Let the admins setup and apply Holiday defaults to employee timesheets. This would eliminate a lot of issues that come up every pay period that includes a Holiday . For example, employees inadvertantly use a regular work code for a Holiday or they manage to use the Holiday code for the entire work week. If it defaulted on the sheets that would eliminate most of this distraction.

By BigTime Software on March 26, 2018
Mike, Thanks so much for taking the time to submit a review! We truly appreciate your words and we're most pleased that you and your users are enjoying BigTime. Regarding the ability to setup and apply holiday defaults, we'll be sure to enter this as a Feature Request! We certainly think that it would be a useful feature to add to BigTime and it's a great idea. Again, thanks so much! The BigTime Customer Success Team
March 20, 2018
Aaron D.
November 15, 2017

“Bigtime is a game changer for design budgeting, billing and project management”

OverallManaging our time and invoicing more efficiently and put it into a functioning system and process rather than just using spreadsheets.
ProsThis software has really made it possible to track everything in one place and it can easily be customized to fit your type of business and how you operate. The customer service is second to none. The initial training is top notch and they can walk you through everything to help you get set up. They are quick to respond and get you through every problem you encounter along the way. Worth every penny
Cons4 stars for "ease of use" is because of the flexibility to handle numerous types of companies the amount of options can be overwhelming but once it's set up correctly and can comprehend the work flow for your company it gets easier to manage changes and additions to your system. Some of the important functions in the system are often small text links hidden at the bottom of the screen and are hard to find especially if you're not used to navigating the system. It would be great if they update these to buttons on the screen in a place that is easier to find.
November 15, 2017
Charlotte G.
Accounting and HR Assistant
Construction, 11-50 employees
October 11, 2018

“Expense/Time Tracking Made Easy”

ProsThat it sync with our Quickbooks account, makes tracking time and expenses easy and accessible to our employees who work in the field, and the support team is always prompt and helpful.
ConsThe mobile app can be glitching. I recommend to our staff to enter time and expenses on the app, but to review and submit them through the desktop version.

By BigTime Software on October 16, 2018
Charlotte, Thanks a bunch for posting this review - it really does mean a lot to us that you've taken time and effort to post this for us! We are very pleased that our software is making tracking your time and expenses easy and we work hard to provide excellent customer service, so we're happy to hear that your experience there is positive as well. We understand your issues with the mobile app and we've recently done a fair amount of work to update and correct some of these glitches. Please be sure and download an updated version from your app store and many of these issues may now be corrected. We hope this helps! Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team
October 11, 2018
Phoebe J.
Administrative Asssistant
Banking, 51-200 employees
January 25, 2019

“Outstanding Customer Service”

OverallBigTime helps us maintain time for everyone to bill. Setup is easy to sort for reporting.
ProsSoftware is very user-friendly and easy to learn. Someone is always available to help with questions.
ConsReporting could use some enhancing. Some numbers come out as dates.

By BigTime Software on January 30, 2019
Phoebe, Thanks so much for posting this review for us here at BigTime - we really do appreciate it! We could not be more pleased to hear that you're happy with both our software and our services, as we work very hard to ensure that you get the very best of both from us! If you're having difficulty with reporting, there are many, many Knowledge Base Articles that you can access for free on our Knowledge Base - here's just one to get you started: http://kb.bigtime.net/using-bigtime/#using-reports Also, feel free to check out our BigTime Reporting Webinar as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS_lGlFvy9o Please do let us know if there's anything else we can do for you - we're happy to help in any way we can. Thanks again! The BigTime Customer Success Team
January 25, 2019
Terri K.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
August 23, 2018

“BigTime review”

OverallI use it daily, and I do like the system. There is a lot I don't know how to use, but hope to get more familiar with it.
ProsIt is user friendly once you get to know the system. I hope to be able to get myself more familiar with it.
ConsThere really isn't anything I don't like about BigTime.

By BigTime Software on August 28, 2018
Terri, Thanks so much for posting a review for your BigTime - we're very pleased that things are going well for you and to hear that there's not anything about our product that you don't like! There are many ways to learn more about BigTime and its features - here are just a few: The BigTime Knowledge Base - hundreds of step-by-step articles on how BigTime works: http://kb.bigtime.net/ The BigTime Blog - brand new articles almost every week about new ways to leverage the features of BigTime: https://www.bigtime.net/blog/ The BigTime Webinars - weekly live training where you can ask real-time questions: https://www.bigtime.net/webinars/ The BigTime YouTube Channel: hours and hours of recorded training at your fingertips: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDr27IE3VSKwe8po3IzDwCQ All this is 100% free as well, so enjoy! Also, do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions - we're happy to help. The BigTime Customer Success Team
August 23, 2018
Al O.
Network Administrator
April 10, 2018

“BigTIme makes time and expense tracking easy.”

ProsThe web interface works well and is very intuitive to use. Since it is cloud based you can aceess it from any web browser.
ConsI would like to be able to have more than one timer running concurrently, but I understand wht this is not allowed.

By BigTime Software on April 11, 2018
Al, Thanks so much for leaving a review for us here on Capterra, we truly appreciate it. We're also very happy that your BigTime is making your life a little easier by helping you record your time and tracking your expenses via the web! Regarding your question about running multiple timers at once - the reason for this is straight forward: BigTime timers are not a clock-in/clock-out system, but are tracking your time minute-by-minute, second-by-second, like a stopwatch. If you could run multiple timers at once, then, there's a possibility that you might double-charge some customers, or even accidentally charge "Customer A" for work that was actually done for "Customer B"- and no one wants that. However, it's very easy to switch from one timer to another - just a click! If you'd like more info on timers, please check out this KB Article: https://kb.bigtime.net/using-bigtime/tracking-time/using-timers/ We hope this helps! The BigTime Customer Success Team
April 10, 2018
Yael C.
Director of Professional Services
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
August 2, 2019

“Easy and effective”

OverallIt captures and organizes my team´s times and expenses, providing great operational and management reports, plus information for Project Management EVA (Earned Value Analysis) control.
ProsThe simple and straight forward interface, information structure and ease to operate.
ConsThere isn´t anything I don´t like. The only issue I had so far was exporting reports to Excel 365 on a Windows 10 laptop.

By BigTime Software on August 8, 2019
Yael, Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review for us here at BigTime - we truly appreciate it. :) We're very pleased to hear that you find our interface straight forward and easy to operate and that you've got no complaints to speak of! We work hard to provide excellent software and services to our customers but please feel free to reach out if there's anyway we can assist you further. Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team
August 2, 2019
Rose J.
rjimenez@jaystargroup.com
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
November 14, 2018

“Awesome”

OverallHelping us manage our task easier.Reports are also much easier to create and change and drill down on.
ProsThe chat feature. Customer support are awesome and always help you work through the issues
ConsSome of the screens are not conducive to all the changes we would like. But BigTime took our thoughts down and hopefully in newer versions they will be available.

By BigTime Software on November 27, 2018
Rose, Thanks so much for your review! We're very pleased that you're enjoying the chat feature - it is certainly a big hit across all of our current customers too - people like that instant response time! We're also very happy that you're participating in our Feature Requests - many of the features we currently enjoy in the current version of BigTime are the results of past Feature Requests, so BigTime is always improving and making our customers happy at the same time. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if there's anything else we can do to make you happy. Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team
November 14, 2018
Robin S.
Actuarial Analyst
Insurance, 51-200 employees
November 28, 2018

“could be better”

Prosthat things stay in place from one week to the next
Conshave to write the same comments over and over - our last system saved comments to re-use

By BigTime Software on December 3, 2018
Robin, Thanks for leaving us a review here at BigTime - we're very pleased that you're happy with your BigTime and we understand your cons 100%. You might consider submitting a Feature Request to have this feature added to BigTime. A great number of the current features we enjoy were suggested by users just like you and BigTime made the changes and now everyone can use them. If you would like to submit a Feature Request, simply send an email to support@bigtime.net. Please make sure you put "Feature Request" in the subject line of the email when you send it and provide as much detail in the body of the email as possible so that we're sure that if and when we implement the feature, it is done properly. Our Development Team examines each Feature Request very carefully. We hope this helps! The BigTime Customer Success Team
November 28, 2018
Bryson A.
Office Manager/Marketing Coordinator
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
December 2, 2016

“Lightweight and Flexible”

OverallMy company has been using BigTime for over a year now. We're a busy office of 25 architects and logging hours and expenses is one of the lesser enjoyable activities of the day. Before we were using Deltek and found their interface too exhausting and burdensome for the team to actually use the software or for me to learn how to use it. My experience with BigTime has been great so far. The interface is intuitive and has allowed for more accurate data from the team and more efficient administrative processing on my end. There is the occasional glitch: sometimes I can't export to a spreadsheet but I can export to a word document, sometimes approving expenses doesn't work and I can't figure out why and the mobile app won't upload expenses for only some of the staff, etc. But these aren't the end of the world and response from customer support is always timely, friendly and efficiently solves the problem. We don't currently use it to its full capabilities, but we hope to soon. In the future, it would be great if BigTime were able to sync with an HR and/or payroll app.
Prosease of use, interface
Consthe tasks section seems like too much information for my firm. we don't use it and it's fine.
December 2, 2016
Angela R.
Firm Administrator
August 30, 2019

“Overall solid product ”

ProsEase of use. Cloud based application provides users ability to enter time in the office or remotely.
ConsDifficult integration to QB with our current version

By BigTime Software on September 3, 2019
Angela, Thanks so very much for leaving a review for us here at BigTime - we sincerely appreciate your feedback! We're most pleased that you're finding BigTime to be a solid product that is easy to use, especially for your remote employees. We are also very sorry to hear that you're having some difficulties with the QB integration, but please do reach out to our Support Team for additional help with that, or feel free to leverage our Knowledge Base, which has many articles on this topic: http://kb.bigtime.net/results?query=quickbooks Please feel free to reach out to us here at Customer Success if we can be of any assistance too. Thanks! The BigTime Customer Success team
August 30, 2019
Jennifer S.
General Manager
February 20, 2019

“Excellent choice for us”

OverallExcellent
ProsThe software is a perfect fit for our firm. The support staff is a great rep & super helpful too!
ConsWish we had found it sooner. Would like to be able to have a "retainer" function too.

By BigTime Software on February 26, 2019
Jennifer, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review here at BigTime - we sincerely appreciate the time and the effort taken to do so! We are very glad you found us now and that you're enjoying both our software and our support services. We work very hard to make them both best in class. :) Regarding retainers, you can always use BigTime's Manual Invoicing feature to do basically the same thing. Here's a KB Article that shows you just how to make that happen: http://kb.bigtime.net/using-bigtime/invoicing/creating-draft-invoices/creating-manual-invoices/ We hope this helps and please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we can be of further assistance! Thanks so much, The BigTime Customer Success Team
William S.
Chief Financial Officer
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
July 25, 2018

“I was unable to report on the connection between task and the corresponding QuickBooks item code. ”

OverallTime entry and project tracking. BTW, CSR was awesome! She is the first one to actually respond to an email with an actual solution. Better keep her!
ProsTime tracking and the first level of project set up is good. It is fairly easy to work with once you take into account the cons below.
ConsLack of field name consistency is a huge issue. It makes it hard to do reporting. The same information has multiple field names so you have to test everything over and over to get the right data point. Also, you lack customized calculation fields - that is a major issue with the software. Any user should be able to create a custom calculated field for measurements.

By BigTime Software on July 26, 2018
William, Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review - we agree that Nancy is pretty awesome and yes, we do plan to keep her! We are very happy that she was able to provide you with the assistance you needed. Also, regarding our reporting, we hear you loud and clear and our development team is working hard to provide solutions to all of the cons you listed, so thanks again for letting us know your thoughts and opinions - they really do matter to us here at BigTime! Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you, The BigTime Customer Success Team
July 25, 2018
Ann K.
Business Admin
Industrial Automation, 1-10 employees
July 31, 2019

“BigTime”

OverallI always have great experience with BT and when in a bind, customer service always helps fix any of my issues. Rep was great today!
ProsIt is simple to use for time tracking and has a smooth transition to and from QB
ConsI have no issues with bigtime at all. They are always able to fix my issues with ease.

By BigTime Software on August 5, 2019
Ann, Thanks so very much for leaving us a review here at BigTime - we really do appreciate it! :) We're very pleased that you're finding the software and the transition into the software simple and smooth - we work very hard to make it so. We're also most pleased that your interactions with our top-notch Support team have been great, that's another thing that we work very hard at. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us here in Customer Success if we can be of further assistance. Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team
July 31, 2019
Rebecca M.
Account Manager/HR
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
November 5, 2018

“BigTime software review”

OverallWe use Bigtime mostly for time and expense tracking and the software works quite well for that.
ProsBigTime covers all of our needs for time and expense tracking as well as connectivity with QuickBooks. The reporting is quite robust as well.
ConsThe learning curve for BigTime is pretty steep. I spend a lot of time in the knowledge base, as well as with customer support. Once figured out, the functionality is great though. There are some bugs, but BigTime customer support is always on top of helping with correcting my software/reporting problems.

By BigTime Software on November 16, 2018
Rebecca, Thanks again for posting a review for us here at BigTime! We're very happy that the software is covering all of your needs, it is a pretty extensive package, which is what makes the learning curve so steep. However, we're glad to hear that you're figuring it out and that our Support and Success teams have been helping! Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help - we're always ready and willing to do so! Thanks, The BigTime Customer Success Team
November 5, 2018
Stephanie M.
Proprietor
February 7, 2018

“My support rep was very responsive and addressed my concern.”

Prosits easy to use and navigate. Support response quickly. And it's intuitive making it comfortable for all levels to use.
ConsI don't import to an accounting package and would like to be able to mark time as paid in order to run an unbilled report.

By BigTime Software on February 8, 2018
Stephanie, Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are very pleased that you've had a positive experience with our excellent Support Team - they really are among the best in the business. :) We're also happy that you find the interface easy and intuitive - we work hard to make it so. Regarding your issue with being able to run a billed report, I'm afraid that the root of that issue has less to do with what accounting package you're using (or not using) and more to do with your current Big Time package. If you would like to upgrade to our Pro Package, then you would be able to run an unbilled report as soon as you're done invoicing. If you would like some information about upgrading to Pro, please do not hesitate to reach out to us immediately - sales@bigtime.net We hope this helps! The Big Time Customer Success Team
February 7, 2018
Melonie M.
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
September 27, 2019

“Great support!”

ProsEasy to use and when I had some technical difficulties I was able to quickly connect using the chat now feature. :) Even better, I got the help I needed.
ConsIt would be nice to click on an entered time in a report and have all entries in that month, populate.

By BigTime Software on October 3, 2019
Melonie, Thanks so much for leaving us a review - we really appreciate it and the time it took you to post it. We are very pleased that you're finding our Support Team helpful and that you're getting the assistance you require. Please do reach out to us and let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team
September 27, 2019
Jessica H.
Director of Operations
January 2, 2019

“A company that actually wants your business and cares”

OverallI spent a full year looking for a better timekeeping software that did both timekeeping and expenses in one platform with a sprinkle of DCAA compliance on top. And surprisingly not very many companies A:) have those capabilities or B:) care enough to actually respond to requests for information or demos. Then I was introduced to Big Time. Big Time hit the mark on capabilities but even more importantly, they showed genuine interest and spent the time to make sure that their solution was the right choice for our company via tailored demonstrations, ample trial time, and an understanding on how my particular industry and field of work use timekeeping and invoicing platforms.
ProsSoftware is super customizable and can be tweaked to meet most needs and company quorks. Sync agent works well with ability to do both one way sync or two way sync if desired. Customer Service is stellar. Regular updates and improvements
ConsThe software does not have a built in PTO request option and tracker nor does it have a custom branding option however those items are on the road map for development/integration.

By BigTime Software on January 4, 2019
Jessica, What a lovely review! WOW! We are so thankful for your words here at BigTime - they really do brighten our day. Thank you so much. We really do care about our customers here at BigTime and everything we do: from our software design, to our support, to our sales and success efforts, they are all geared toward making the customer's life easier - I'm very pleased that we're able to do that for you! Please reach out to us if we can assist you further in any way, and thanks again! The BigTime Customer Success Team
January 2, 2019
Maria L.
Accountant
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
October 19, 2018

“Customer Service is top-notch”

OverallVery easy to use, and on top of that, the customer service reps are always very helpful and available. You don't have to wait a day or two to hear back from them.
ProsThe software is very easy to use. The user-interface is very streamlined. Information flows well to QBs.
ConsSome features from old BigTime software are still unavailable, but it is not a huge dealbreaker

By BigTime Software on October 26, 2018
Maria, Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review - we are so pleased that you're finding our Support team as "top-notch" - we work hard to make it that way and it's good to see our hard work paying off for you! Please reach out to us here at the Success Team and let us know which features you're missing - we'd love to know ways that we can make BigTime better for you. Looking forward to hearing from you and thanks again! The BigTime Customer Success Team
October 19, 2018
Anne O.
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
April 11, 2018

“We've used BigTime for many years. With the new IQ product we are expanding beyond just timekeeping.”

OverallBetter project tracking for project managers
ProsTimekeeping and tracking are super easy. You can report on most anything and being able to export info is great. The support staff is quick, efficient and friendly.
ConsA few things take a lot of steps to use effectively - you'll have to enter info, run a report to see the results and then change the info.

By BigTime Software on April 16, 2018
Anne, Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review - we truly appreciate you taking the time to do so! We're tremendously pleased that you're utilizing many of our product's other features beyond timekeeping and we hope that you find them just as simple and straightforward. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you out in any way with your BigTime - that's what we're here for! Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Department
April 11, 2018
Dan G. V.
Project Director
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
March 22, 2018

“Employee log and time allocation tracker”

OverallIt allows our company to see if we are properly allocation our resources to all our clients. We also are able to detect if we are over staffing our projects.
ProsWe use Big Time to properly track how much time each employee have devoted to a certain project on a daily basis. In this method, we know how we can bill our clients, and how we can properly allocate our resources.
ConsAn error may occur sometimes when submit your time logs. It sometime duplicates the times you have worked on a certain task. The workaround is that you have to make sure that your total time is equivalent to the actual time you have worked. Nonetheless, the admins can clear the incorrect entries if you have submitted it by error.

By BigTime Software on March 26, 2018
Dan, Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review and to let us know about your experiences with BigTime. Regarding the error you mentioned, please reach out to our support team (support@bigtime.net) to see if we can provide some solutions for you - this issue is not one with which we are familiar and we'd love the opportunity to assist you further. Again, thanks so much for your review. We're hoping to help you more in the days ahead! The BigTime Customer Success Team
March 22, 2018
Grace B.
Office Administrator
April 5, 2018

“a very robust program. I am still learning.”

ProsAccess online and ability for support team to look at data. Quick set up. Further training available for purchase.
ConsI would like to work in tables for quicker input. Because it is complex and captures a lot of data, report drafing can be challenging.

By BigTime Software on April 9, 2018
Grace, Thanks so much for posting your review! We really appreciate both your time and your effort to let us know your thoughts about BigTime! Regarding your con, this sounds like something that would make for an excellent Feature Request. If this is functionality that you think would make BigTime better, we encourage you to submit it as a Feature Request. We listen very closely to our customers and evaluate every Feature Request we receive and many of the features within BigTime today are direct results from past Feature Requests from customers in the past just like you. If you would like to do this, simply: 1. Send an email to: support@bigtime.net 2. Be sure that the Subject line reads: "Feature Request" 3. In the body of the email, provide as much specific detail as possible, to help inform our Dev Team Again, thanks so much for your review and the great idea. Looking forward to hearing from you soon! The BigTime Customer Success Team
April 5, 2018
Harold C.
Sr Automation Engineer
Computer Software, Self-employed
May 8, 2019

“Easy to use”

Overalltime and expense tracking. Chris P the Manager of Customer Success has be really helpful in getting us up and running
ProsVery easy to use both the website and the iPhone app.
ConsYou have to submit expenses from both the website and the iPhone app

By BigTime Software on May 9, 2019
Harold, Thank you very much, sir, for leaving a review for us here at BigTime. We are most pleased that you're finding BigTime easy to use on both the site and our iPhone app - that is excellent news. Regarding your message here about having to post expenses from both the website AND the app, however, that should not be the case. Please reach out to us here at Customer Success or Customer Support (support@bigtime.net) and we'll be happy to assist you more with this. We're also super pleased to hear that your interactions with Chris are helpful - she is super awesome and a true cornerstone here at BigTime. Please do reach out to us and let us know if there is anything we can do to help you more! Thanks! The BigTime Customer Success Team
May 8, 2019
Mailinda H.
Accounting, 1-10 employees

“Great product”

OverallOverall, BigTime is easy to use and helps keep our billing efficient.
ProsBigTime is great for meeting our time-keeping needs.
ConsOnce in a while we experience sync issues with BigTime and Quickbooks.

By BigTime Software on December 6, 2018
Mailinda, Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review for us here at BigTime. We are most pleased that you think well of our product and that you find it easy to use and that it is saving you time. We understand, too, that there are occasional issues that arise, as with any software, and we encourage to you to continue to rely on our top-notch Customer Support Team for any problems you might encounter. If there's anything more we can do for you, please do not hesitate to reach out to us here at Customer Success as well! Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team
Doris S.
Design, 1-10 employees

“Time Keeping/Project Management”

OverallThis all is one software works perfect for our small office. Staff learned to use the software in one training and they've had no problems. BigTime is definitely a timesaver for our office.
ProsHaving an easy to use software for both timekeeping and project management is a huge timesaver. Being able to review/approve timesheets, as well as keep track of task completion proved to be exactly what the project managers needed.
ConsNeed the ability to customize invoices more than allowed.

By BigTime Software on October 23, 2018
Doris, Thanks so much for posting this review and letting us know your thoughts on BigTime. We could not be happier that the software is saving you time and money and is working as a major solution for your firm - these are things that are truly music to our ears. :) Regarding the ability to customize your invoices more, we've just released some new features that allow for even more customization for your invoices - you can read more about it here: https://www.bigtime.net/blog/bigtime-august-2018-release/ We hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any more questions. The BigTime Customer Success Team
TRISHA R.
Office Administrator
July 18, 2018

“Easy to Use and Great Tech Support”

ProsEach time I've needed Tech Support they've been able to fix the problems I was having really quick so I can continue working! Thank you!
ConsThere's nothing that I've come across about this software that I don't like. It's easy to use and customer support is wonderful!

By BigTime Software on July 20, 2018
Trisha, Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review here on Capterra - we really, really appreciate it here at BigTime! We're very pleased that everything is working so well for you with your BigTime and that our Support has been able to assist you - we work hard to have some of the best Support in the industry. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us to see if there's anything we can do to assist you more. Thanks! The BigTime Customer Success Team
July 18, 2018
Denise T.
Consultant
December 13, 2017

“The customer support at Big Time in my opinion is superb. Live Chat offers quick easy access.”

ProsThe software offers a great way to keep track of employee projects and PTO time. The reporting feature is extremely helpful in pulling quick data, such as hours worked in a specific range or remaining hours for a project/PTO. Training employees on the software is quick and clean because the software is comprehensible.
ConsWe've struggled with some intricacies that we've asked if modifications can be made. The response was if an area of the software is changed it affects all clients of BT. One example involves invoicing. It is confusing to us why hours entered by an employee are available to invoice even if the hours have not been approved. We have a few admins, so there are different admins approving hours and invoicing.

By BigTime Software on December 14, 2017
Hi Ms. Denise, You asked and we responded! As of our release last week we now have an advanced filter which allows you to only see time that has been approved in your WIP. Let me know if you would like some additional information. Best, Brea Customer Success
December 13, 2017
Juliana C.
Controller
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees
July 6, 2017

“Great Support”

ProsWe have been with Big Time for the past 6 years and have recently went from Enterprise to IQ Pro, and we just are so pleased with all the improvements. Brea, the BT consultant has been fantastic in helping us transition. We have had a great response with the support team! she has gone over and beyond in getting our needs met. I needed some customized reports, and she was able to turn around in just a few hours. Overall, we are very pleased and happy to be a part of the BT family.
ConsThe syncing tends to be an issue at times. Once synced, the data tends to not always be correct. We work closely with the Support Team to resolve
July 6, 2017
kristen s.
Assistant Account Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
September 17, 2019

“Awesome customer service, product lacks in many ways”

ProsI love that Big Time has the capability of integrating a variety of content that can help us organize systems and better perform.
ConsI find that the software is not as customize-able as it appeared during our trial period. There are many things we can't do that we were hoping it could . This won't keep us from using the product but it has complicated the process for us.

By BigTime Software on September 18, 2019
Kristen, Thanks for this review - we at BigTime really appreciate the time you've taken to provide us some feedback. We are very pleased to hear that your customer service has been excellent and we would love to know more about how you see the product lacking. We're adding new features constantly to BigTime, many of them submitted by our users just like you via Feature Requests. Please feel free to reach out to us here at Customer Success if we can explain more about Feature Requests, or if we can help you more in any way. Thanks! The BigTime Customer Success Team
September 17, 2019