FieldLocate Ratings

Overall
2.5/5

About FieldLocate

An intuitive field service management solution that helps HVAC companies efficiently manage service operations, take payments in the field, manage inventory and drive better technician performance. Learn more about FieldLocate

Al D.
General Manager
March 4, 2019

“Not a Finished Product - Beware!”

OverallDidn't deliver on promised features. Their licensing practices -- with the annual commitment -- is unfriendly and unusual in the software licensing world, in my experience. Terrible overall experience! Choosing FieldLocate hurt our business!
ProsThe best and only positive part of FieldLocate was when we finally ditched it and moved to ServiceTitan.
ConsFieldLocate is not a finished software product. Back in 2014, the company made all kinds of promises for features and then never delivered. Then the company was bought by FieldAware and, I believe, FieldLocate lost most or all of the developers / software engineers that had built and understood the product. At least, that's the only way I can rectify the lack of development that has occurred. The FieldLocate product is basically frozen in time. No new features of any significance have been introduced in years. The management may be happy to sell you the product, with the hope of trapping you into having to pay them and not be able to easily leave. Do yourself a favor and run as fast as you can away from this terrible product. There are far better products out there. FieldAware management should be ashamed of themselves for selling this product.
March 4, 2019
Mitchell C.
Construction, Unspecified

“Dont buy FieldLocate”

OverallThis company charged me for the product then failed to deliver a product that worked properly. It would route my technicians to wrong addresses, failed to properly import invoices into quickbooks, and had a host of other issues. When I called to get these issues resolved they created case #'s for the issues I reported, but there was never any follow up or resolution for those issues. I asked them to cancel my purchase and refund the money before the "free month to try it out" was over. The sales man, said I would get this free month to try it out and see if they could resolve the issues and make it work for me. But before that month was over it was clear that they were not even trying to resolve the issues I was having. No phone calls or emails regarding any of the complaints I had made. Then, after my "free month to try it out" was over they refused to refund my money.
ProsNone that I can think of. At first they sounded like a good company that could deliver a good product. But in the end it was a terrible experience.
ConsWay too many to list. The software is not a finished product. It is more like a beta version that is not completed. QuickBooks links are not set up right and it made a mess that I spent hours cleaning up in QuickBooks when it did the invoice importing. Routed my plumbers to incorrect addresses several times, sometime quite far away from where the job address actually was. When I first paid for the software it took them two weeks to set me up so I could log in. I spent a lot of time setting up all my customers and items and much time training my office and service staff to use the product, but it never worked right. There were over a dozen issues we had with the software, and like I said, none of them were ever resolved.
Derek O.
April 27, 2018

“Invest in a different HVAC software”

Prostaxable line item option on invoicing is a helpful feature, but to many negatives to outweigh the positive with this software, been waiting on improvements for 2.5 years and still waiting, time to make a change in a different direction.
Conssupport, the inability to sync with QBO correctly, waiting for 2.5 to have a customer approval for repair before making repair. No Admin mobile app.
April 27, 2018
Jennifer S.
October 5, 2016

“Terrible support”

OverallThe software is a good concept, however their support is less than desirable. We have issues that have been unresolved for over a year now
Prosgood concept
Consit doesn't work properly and the support is terrible
Recommendations to other buyersThey need to hire an adept programmer and hire a good customer support team that stays in contact with their customers
October 5, 2016
Christina R.
July 20, 2016

“Bad Product with zero support”

OverallNo support at all! No support at all! No support at all! No support at all! No support at all! No support at all! No support at all! No support at all! No support at all! No support at all!
ProsNone
ConsEverything
Recommendations to other buyersDO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE. READ OTHERS REVIEWS. THIS IS THE WORST PROGRAM I HAVE EVER USED!
July 20, 2016
Jeff B.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
March 5, 2018

“Dissapointing.....”

OverallI was a FieldLocate customer for a year. I fulfilled my contract and then decided to go in a different direction.
ProsField Locate is relatively easy for a technician to use, has a nice mobile app, and nice reporting features.
ConsAdmin has no mobile option, many steps involved in completing transactions, especially if you need to send pictures with a QuickBooks invoice.
March 5, 2018
Juli C.
Consumer Services, Unspecified
1.5/5
July 8, 2015

“Company Without A Clue”

ProsNothing. There is no positive with this software. You will be changing, it is just a matter of how long you let yourself be strung along.
ConsLack of knowledgeable employees, software does not perform as described, no real tech support, no follow up on issues, ffeels like we are beta testing the software for them, sales and support will not respond to customer email and phone messages when there is an issue, seems to be a "stick my head in the sand and hope they forget my number" attitude, higher management does not care and will not escalate issues either, every "upgrade" breaks other working functions, onboarding is a joke, if they tell you they can sync with QuickBooks, laugh and run! Oh, and get everything in writing even if it was a phone conversation, make them send you an email recap. They will lie and say they didn't agree to things if you don't.
Recommendations to other buyersCall current users and if they give you any negative feedback, listen to it carefully. The people they gave us as a reference were not completely positive but were hopeful. We were hopeful for the last almost 2 years. That didn't change the fact that FieldLocate is an inferior product with no real support.
July 8, 2015
Ryan P.
October 16, 2013

“Field Locate has changed the way we work”

OverallField locate has turned the way our company runs on its head. before we had 4 different systems keeping track of invoices, payments, scheduling and quotes. Now we use Field locate for everything, its seamless and has everything we need from a scheduling system. We even now take payment using the field locate swipers and it links straight up with out processing company. When we have questions there is always a customer service representative willing to help and resolve the problem as quickly as possible. Working in the office with field locate saves us hours each day as we can pull an easy report which will show revenue and if we have outstanding payments, it also has changed the way our service techs work by reducing the time spent on paperwork and job notes, they just pull the invoice up, take payment and off they go as the invoice is automatically sent to the customers e-mail address and is sat waiting for them. The whole system works very well and has helped us move forward with our company.
Deborah R.
Vice President
November 17, 2014

“Disappointed in support team after purchase”

OverallWe have been using Field Locate since July 2014. We are a Heating and Air Company. The inability to get Field Locate to SYNCH with Quick Books is a major disappointment for our administrative staff and management. This very feature was a major part of my purchasing decision. I have been trying unsuccessfully for 45 days to get this Field Locate synch with Quick Books issue resolved. I have several campaigns that depend on Quick Book data being synched. Also when the data was going over to Quick books no differentiation was made between checks and credit cards even though we entered the correct payment method!
November 17, 2014
Charles B.
June 11, 2015

“This software does not sync customer information with Quickbooks”

OverallThis software has great potential but is very lacking in customer support. Each time a revision is release they create more problems due to lack of testing before releasing the update. Each time you call cusotmer service you get the same song and dance with no results, they act like you are the only customer having problems. We reached out to other users and they are having the same issues. During one of my conversatons with Johnny Jones his solution was for us to use another software package instead of addressing the current problems. Do not use this software.
Charlie H.
October 16, 2013

“Rocking with F Lo! (FieldLocate)”

OverallAmazing work"ware"! Settles most problematic areas in our business, including invoicing, customer history and multiple locations for a single customer. In the HVAC world, I don't know how anyone with 2 or more employees wouldn't profit with F Lo. We have become great friends with Mynell (M Lo) and Helen(H Lo) in customer support. They are the Best! Their backup, Jameson (J Lo) is the Bomb when it comes to the Database! Oh that's right, I don't do backups anymore! It is all in the Cloud! Thank you, F Lo!