ShareFile Ratings

Overall
4.4/5
4.2/5

About ShareFile

Citrix ShareFile is the secure file sharing and storage solution built for business. Featuring state-of-the-art, compliance-supporting security and proven secure infrastructure, it offers a custom-branded, password-protected online portal with unlimited file storage in the cloud and the ability to send files up to 100 GB in size with clients and co-workers, from any computer or mobile device. ShareFile is the choice for businesses looking to streamline workflows and get better data security. Learn more about ShareFile

Publishing, 11-50 employees
August 3, 2019

“Great as a File Storage System”

OverallWe put Sharefile in place without an IT admin or any IT specialists on hand. A group of four of us tackled the transition from our university's shared drive, handling the data migration and the set up of folder structures. Because of this, I'm sure we didn't have all file storage best practices down pat. I don't know that Citrix provides much in way of recommendations for how to structure the data; that said, we only purchased Sharefile rather than a more enterprise-minded solution. I am sure with heftier purchases that there'd be more consultation and interaction. For the several-thousand annual price we pay for a team of around 40, the benefits of Sharefile are immense. As with any system of this size that's cloud-based, there's a bit of a learning curve to get comfortable with the more in-depth features and functionality, but once we learned how certain aspects work, it's been great and has become a core part of how we conduct the sharing of files with clients.
ProsCloud-based and easy to understand web interface is nice. Onboarding and implementation was good and inexpensive. The check-in and check-out file features are nice, as are the abilities to share files with external users. The security and uptime as well as ability to resolve any system-wide outages quickly.
ConsSome frustrations in features that I was expecting to be more fully fleshed out, such as workflows or ability to work on documents online without the lag of connecting with 365 and handling some of those handovers.
August 3, 2019
Michael W.
June 29, 2016

“Beta tester turned daily user”

OverallI have a long history with Citrix. I beta tested the GoToAssist line of products. So they asked me to beta test the ShareFile product. In the beginning it was crap. I tried to upload my files (about 1 TB) and it croaked after 5 GB. I called support and they referred me to a company that was writing a migration tool. I beta tested that too. they asked for my honest opinion and I gave it to them. I told them Citrix should just fix their software and I shouldn't have to buy an extra tool to get my data into the cloud. Fast forward 2 years later, my Accountant tells me we are bleeding money paying for something we're not using (ShareFile) he said use it or dump it. So I download it again, started using it, uploaded my 1TB+ of data into it and was impressed. They have come a LONG way. I can even modify word documents and PDF's within the ShareFile client. Now they have an iOS app and droid app. I see improvements on a regular basis, like now they have a "save to sharefile" option on the iOS. This is Citrix after all they make good stuff. I am glad I stuck with them so long because now I have a grandfathered account type. It's coming along really well and I'm really happy I stuck with them. they used to support WebDav for windows integration, now they have a "Mapped drive app"
ProsiOS save to sharefile Easy to use interface progress bar when uploading files MODIFY DOCUMENTS in sharefile share a file/folder for a # of downloads share a file/folder for a # of days download notifications no sharefile account? no problem you can still see my files Ha Ha I FORCE you to create an account, to see me files because I can! (or because my regulations state I have to require individual accounts.)
ConsRelatively speaking they are coming late to the market, Box and Dropbox have been out a long time. I'm trying to think of some con's but the truth is I know they are improving the software as I type. Oh I though of one. In Microsoft word they don't have "save to sharefile" option like dropbox does, but they do have the "Drive mapper app" so you can save it to Z: or whatever. They don't synchronize with my NAS, it's deliberate. I'm a network engineer I tried all the tricks and workarounds, yes even symbolic links and hard links. They don't work. You're not supposed to do it. They're not trying to be a backup for your NAS.
Recommendations to other buyersThough sharefile is not as old as dropbox, they are enterprise ready. Specifically designed for business. I've looked at Anchor (acquired by eFolder), Box, dropbox, OwnCloud, QNAP sync. I use ShareFile.
June 29, 2016
Accounting, 51-200 employees
July 3, 2018

“I deployed ShareFile on my platform”

ProsShareFile is easy to use. The Outlook plug-in allows an easy way for customers to send secure files as well as secure emails with a few short clicks. Users are able to create their own folders and we share folders with our clients. There are templates for subfolders as well as retention periods for files. We are able to send attachments beyond Outlook's size limitations and ShareFile helps scan for potentially dangerous content. You can also control what network users access their ShareFile account. There are a lot of options available if you're looking to protect information that leaves your company.
ConsThere can be issues with downloading a lot of files at once from the browser. However; Citrix makes a ShareFile desktop app this helps speed up this process. You can turn two factor on, but you have to have each user go to their account and manually enable it. That makes us work with each user in order to enable two factor. The cost can be expensive, but we had reduced rate. Its well worth looking around for a good deal if you decide to implement ShareFile. A small downside is when a user goes to preview a password protected document, they have to download the file because ShareFile's website cannot prompt you for the password.
July 3, 2018
Levi F.
Supply Chain Coordinator
Food Production, Unspecified
July 10, 2018

“Turned a file sharing mess into an easy to use hub for our plants.”

OverallIt cut down the time it took our workers to properly catalogue and upload video records. It also was easier to track down mis-labled records and put them where they needed to be. Having switched all our plants over to Sharefile, we are better able to view and respond to issues promptly. It's ease of use has left us with fewer errors in our documentation.
ProsThe web interface was easy to pick up on. We migrated to Sharefile from another large file sharing site that was falling short in what we needed for our multiple plants. Sharefile gave a central space to the large amount of video files we use for inspections and documentation of various equipment that we own and lease. Having a central space to record and track all inspections was fundamental to our business needs. What impressed me most about Sharefile was the cleanliness of the website and the ease of use that it exemplifies. It took less than an hour to get all our workers on board with the how to use the site and catalog our files.
ConsThe only real down side is with the gross amount of folders we have, you have to wait for the page to populate when you reach the end of the first set. Enabling a manual shortcut (like typing in a folder name to take you to that folder) would be a great benefit.
July 10, 2018
Joey P.
Staff Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
August 8, 2019

“Secure File Sharing Solution”

ProsEasy to navigate UI. ShareFile has an add-on that integrates into standard Outlook email platform. The add-on allows you to email large files using a secure third party FTP, where sensitive documents can only be accessed by permitted parties. It's easy to set permissions if you allow the document to be shared with others. Works well for cloud sharing documents and files where collaboration is needed. You can set a time duration for files to automatically delete themselves, so that makes managing storage capacity easier.
ConsNo real cons that I can think of. Perhaps for some people who are not tech savvy might have trouble setting up their personal preferences, but this could apply to any software. I found it easy and intuitive to set up using the web app, mobile app, and the Outlook extension.
Matt "Griff" K.
Sales Representative at Geist, a division of Vertiv
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees
November 13, 2018

“Webhosted Data Storage”

OverallDepartments did not want to have files hosted locally due to potential server outages as we did not have a great server setup. This was achieved, but with internet outages it makes it difficult to access those files.
ProsSharefile at it's most basic a cloud hosted file server instead of hosting one within an office or company. It does allow also the ability to send download links, given the right permissions, for customers to upload or download specific files. Being hosted offsite, it definitely gives an upside for not having to maintain servers or an IT rack within the office.
ConsIf your outside internet connection goes down, then you have no access to your file structure. This happens to if you are a remote person trying to access an office hosted server. The other issue can be bandwidth for uploading/downloading to Sharefile. When we first started using it, it was also very slow and cumbersome, taking several times longer to upload or navigate than a locally hosted server. We also experience at least 1-2 internet downtime events a month, so people cannot access their work for certain periods of time.
November 13, 2018
Michael C.
April 15, 2018

“Great file storage and management that has grown along with our organization”

OverallSince jumping on board with ShareFile in 2012, the platform has grown along with our organization and has allowed us to reliably request, store and manage client advertising materials for our publication. It has also helped automate our internal and external communication processes regarding advertising material.
ProsOne of our most-used features of ShareFile is setting up our clients with individual folders to allow them to upload and store their advertising creative. This is similar to FTP, but ShareFile allows us to receive notifications based on upload, download, etc on a per-folder and per-user basis. We also set it up to notify the client when their ad is downloaded by a member of our team, thereby completely automating the ad delivery process for our publication. The other great feature of ShareFile that we use is desktop app synchronization. This allows ads to be curated by our ad manager and delivered to our production team automatically.
ConsThe web interface can be a bit hit or miss at times, and performance can also vary. The desktop sync apps also are a bit sluggish and would benefit from an improvement in responsiveness.
April 15, 2018
Banking, 11-50 employees
November 8, 2017

“Sharefile is a quick easy way to manage, store, host, receive, request, and transmit documents.”

OverallThis software gives me a peace of mind I couldn't get through many other document repository sites. I suppose the only issue is some of my clients aren't sure how secure transmissions of unencrypted data is via the site.
ProsI don't ever worry about Sharefile glitching. When my coworker experienced trouble syncing, she told me the support team she called stayed on the phone with her and walked her through everything and waited to make sure the issues resolved. It puts my mind at ease, which is very important when talking about all the documentation for everything I do. My business relies on my documentation. It's great knowing it's also cloud-hosted so I don't have to worry about losing access due to any potential hardware malfunctions.
ConsI don't have much to say in terms of cons related to Sharefile's service and product. It is so straightforward and user friendly. It's intuitive - my boss was shocked when I had downloaded, synced, and set up the whole company Sharefile on my new device before he got the chance to explain what I needed to do. I attribute that to the intuitive, consistent, helpful design.
November 8, 2017
Justin H.
Project Manager/Estimator
Construction, 501-1000 employees
September 4, 2019

“Works just as we hoped”

ProsThis product was a part of a bundle deal we purchased with Podio. Podio was the original program we went after, but when we realized this would be part of the deal, we were very pleased. Before we had been storing files on everyone dropbox and google drive accounts, and it became tedious to keep up with all of the logins and which account the files were on. Now, all of our cloud files are in one place. It is very easy to share large files with other companies or our field crews through sharefile. It also has an addin for outlook that will automatically generate a link if the attachments in the email are too large (user defined size), which is fantastic. It takes out the guessing game of, hmm....I wonder if this email will go through or not.
ConsHaving used this product for over a year now, at least weekly, I have not had any issues with the software. We did not shop around too much for cloud storage services, however, I cannot speak for certain to the price and features of the competition out there.
September 4, 2019
Greg P.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
August 16, 2019

“Very versitile and easy to figure out program”

Overalloverall experience was very good and will continue to recommend it where I work and for my clients.
ProsThe software includes a number of additional features, including secure email, and the ability to easily and affordably add more. I have used this software now at three different companies. Set up was easy and the help center guidance was very good.
ConsSet up of folders was a little tedious and slightly cumbersome but was very easy to figure out and add/subtract people as needed.
August 16, 2019
maxime d.
Consultant (Data Scientist)
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
April 1, 2019

“Sharefile : A good product with unresolved bugs for years !”

OverallOverall, it's a very good/solid product, with usefull features and good UX/UI. Sadly, the persistent bugs and the slowness of the upload for multiple low volume files make Sharefile impossible to use as repository : it is a good tool to share 1/2 files with clients via emails, nothing more.
ProsEase of use, basic functionnalities do work properly, connectivity with Outlook (via Sharefile plug-in)
ConsThe recurent bugs / issues that see no corrections (for years). The first ones that come in mind : - every 4-6 months, you have to reinstall Sharefile desktop because the app is not the same anymore. Same for the Sharefile plugin for Outlook. - ~90% of the time, you have to launch Sharefile desktop twice to start it. It happens on all computers I've tested Sharefile desktop on (rouhgly 20 computers with different setups) - With 'double validation' connexions, you'll receive as many as 3 SMS, most of the time I receive 2 of them (only one containing the right validation code). Same happens for many Sharefile users I know.
April 1, 2019
Marco F.
Administration, Finance and Control Plant Manager
Packaging and Containers, 1001-5000 employees
January 23, 2019

“Very flexible business”

OverallShareFile is the business application that tries to replicate that "Dropbox Look and Feel" loved by millions users. Thought for organizations, it offers premium features like Workflow and highest security standards. The desktop app allow to sync local and cloud folders easily, and a plugin for Outlook is available too (it's a share link generator, embedded in the mail client). Main benefits are surely linked with security, because ShareFile can be implemented within the IT infrastructure, and becomes the safe-but-easy-to-use bridge between internal file servers and outside users (customer / providers / consultants / auditors / banks / other stakeholders).
Pros- Dropbox Look & Feel - Multi platform (Desktop apps + Mobile apps for Win / Mac / iOS / Android) - Advanced sharing option (like expiration date / upload-download notifications) - Users management (granular privileges can be assigned to any folder or file) - Versioning feature
ConsNo downsides or weaknesses, so far. Both desktop and mobile apps are pretty stable and servers uptime on clouds is near 100% (no issue observed in the first year of continuos use).
January 23, 2019
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
November 25, 2018

“Customizable, Secure, and Beyond Simple”

OverallWe began looking for an enterprise solution to file sharing/signing and was hoping to reduce user burden by having the solution serve a host of functions. We were particularly intrigued by the prospect of secure file collaboration but this feature was not as user friendly and compared to Google docs, there was a lot lacking. While this prevented widespread implementation, several teams nonetheless still rely on sharefile. The continued acquisitions by Citrix also make one wonder how Sharefile will continue to improve/integrate over the next iterations.
ProsBeing able to send clients to a personal, branded client folder to access whatever they need (with my customized security settings and email alerts) was amazing. Also a huge fan of the send me a file link that can be embedded into email signature blocks
ConsThe 2 main shortcomings of the product are what keeps it from being an Enterprise wide solution (though it is nonetheless superb for secure document sharing and signing). I did not test the Outlook plugin, but the Gmail plugin was not nearly as easy as it was made out to be.
November 25, 2018
aanchal v.
Business Technology Analyst
Management Consulting, Unspecified
March 31, 2018

“Best tool to share big files!”

ProsThe feature that I love the most is that I do not have to checkin any document. Its simple drag and drop feature makes it very easy to use. Every time I have a big file to share, Sharefile is always my first preference. Unlike other file sharing tools, Sharefile lets you share a direct link with anyone. The person at the other end does not really have to worry about the whole file structure, the only thing visible is the one particular file that has been shared.
ConsThough the tool is extremely easy to use, there is no lock feature available. If the environment were to be accessed by multiple users at the same time, there could be version related issues. Though the different versions can be seen easily yet this tool does not seem to have the required amount of sophistication required for a very professional setup.
March 31, 2018
Magali S.
Motion Pictures and Film, 1001-5000 employees
February 20, 2019

“Yur rft fl shr ltfrm”

ProsThs ltn hs lt f lugns s u n ntgrt t wth dffrnt rgrms nd llt ur dt frm sftwr lk Mrsft Outlk r Ggl Chrm. Bus I wrk wth lnts, It s vr nvnnt tht I n snd thm bg fls thrugh ths ltn nd th wll b bl t ss t wthut n rblm. Als, f I wnt, I n hd rsnl fldrs frm m -wrkrs whh s vr nvnnt nd mks wrkflw smthr.
ConsOh, sdl, thr r sm thngs, tht I dn't lk but ths . Fr xml, I dn't thnk t s vn ssbl t wrk wth PDF fls n ths ltfrm whh s trmndus ltdwn. Mrvr, fr sm strng rsn, dskt hs fwr fturs thn th brwsr vrsn nd vr ftn t uss hs mng wrkrs r vn lnts. And f u, fr sm rsn, dn't wnt t us thr lug-n n Mrsft Outlk nmr, u nnt dlt t, whh s strng, t s th lst.
February 20, 2019
Kevin H.
IT Director
Law Practice, 51-200 employees
August 23, 2019

“Great if you need HIPAA compliant sharing”

OverallThe biggest issue we had was that we needed HIPAA compliant file sharing, and it fits the need perfectly.
ProsAs a Citrix product it carries the usual value for the price, ease of use, and reliability you can expect from them. A huge plus is that it is also HIPAA compliant, and was the most cost-efficient solution we found that was.
ConsWe haven't had any negatives at all with using ShareFile so far, and we've been using it for about 2 years now.
August 23, 2019
Construction, 501-1000 employees
August 28, 2018

“ShareFile is great for sharing data with others”

ProsShareFile has a plethora of tools to help you backup and share documents. The new drive letter access available in Windows Explorer is fast, just like any other drive on your computer. This makes it easy to save and share documents. The google mail sharing extension also allows you to quickly create a link to a document with an expiration date.
ConsWebsite features change and there is little communication about what is being updated. On rare occassions, there are problems accessing files due to a database error or a lack of website response that may require help from ShareFile. Lastly, files generally have an automatic expiration date when they should auto-delete in 365 days, but sometimes do not.
August 28, 2018
Tapan J.
Data Analyst
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
January 31, 2018

“Sharefile - File sharing made easy”

ProsSharefile has attempted to enable the users share files larger than what their email servers support without doing anything different than the usual. They can still attach a large file using Sharefile plugin and send the mail to the recipient. It also provides an option to upload the file on their server and then share the link to the file with the intended recipients. It facilitates file access from anywhere and any device for the recipient. Files are always secured by encryption while they are stored in their servers as well as during transit. One can be in complete control of their content and change the access permissions anytime from anywhere.
ConsIt doesn't provide a feature to add another layer of protection such as 2 Way Authentication which can make the user feel more secure rather than just rely on Sharefile's security expertise. Also, it doesn't have a software client which can be installed on the machines which hampers the ability for all the contents in a folder to be in sync at all the devices.
January 31, 2018
Holly R.
Office Administrator
February 19, 2018

“Easy to use, awesome customer service!”

OverallIt's very user-friendly, easy to use and the customer service is outstanding. They are always offering free webinars to help you get the most out of their product,
ProsSharefile is very user-friendly which is extremely helpful for our clients. Sending huge files that contain personal information can be scary, particularly to our clientele,. So, to have something that is easy to use, yet safe, makes a huge difference. Their customer service is outstanding. If you have a question of any kind, they are always available to answer questions and offer solutions as to how to get the most out of this software.
ConsThe biggest issue I have is that not everyone uses it. In the Elder Law arena, many clients and even state and county offices are resistant to change and technology, and would rather just rely on using tons of paper. I'm really hoping that this changes in the near future.
February 19, 2018
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
September 17, 2019

“Essential for Cross-Office Collaboration”

OverallOverall, this program is great for collaborating with people in and out of the office. You can access the files anywhere via the internet. We upload a lot of large file sizes and have never had an issue where the file was not able to be uploaded or downloaded. The administrative permissions are easy to edit as well, making it possible to customize what other people have access to view when you share folders/files.
Pros-Provides a way to store files off of the company server which saves space -Easy to upload and download files -Stores large file types -Share documents easily via link or on-site sharing -Option to keep older versions of files with the same name (won't save over old files if you specify this) -Ability to share entire folders with a customization list of people (via email)
Cons-It does compete with a few other file sharing sites, however this one has worked the best for our large file-sizes
William M.
Chief of Operations
June 19, 2019

“Security with Ease!”

OverallI wish I had known about this solution sooner. The time my staff save and the overall ease of use make it a wonder product. I feel very secure in Citrix's hands with this product.
ProsCitrix ShareFile works seamlessly with my Office Outlook and provides piece of mind for me and my clients when sending sensitive information through email. The robust functionality allows me to control who and for how long certain individuals have access to confidential information. Gone are the days of encrypting individual documents, just drag and drop and ShareFile will take care of the rest. It's a real time saver.
ConsIt may be a little pricey for small businesses (i.e. Sole proprietors).
June 19, 2019
Peter W.
Clerk
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
December 19, 2018

“Convenient means to store, share and organize files, it is also great for collaborative tasks”

OverallSharefile offers a secure way of storing and sharing files within our organization. You can send even the big files fast and securely. You can also send links to specific file to a colleague and this ensures they download the right file.
ProsI like that ShareFile allows us to keep all important documents safe and secure. It allows you to upload large files even those that emails cannot send. Only the authorized persons can access files and this makes it safe for sharing crucial/sensitive files. It offers file backup since everything is stored in the cloud. You can access file with any devices at any time from anywhere.
ConsThe cost is high and the free trial seems too short. The desktop app seems to work well than when you access it with your PC browser. We have not had any major problems with this tool but poor internet coverage might block you from accessing files.
December 19, 2018
Rob B.

“Cloud-based file storage”

ProsThis program is great for small to large businesses alike. ShareFile gives you multiple tools to access your data including a desktop app, sync tool, drive mapper (to emulate a drive that links to your data) and an Outlook add-in that allows you to send and request files. The add-in even lets you set the attachment size so that anything larger will be turned into a storage location within ShareFile so you don't clog peoples' mail boxes with a lot of large attachments.
ConsSupport is not always that fast. If you have a lot of information to transfer you need to be patient as the upload tool for the initial file transfer can take some time.
Tracey F.
Sales & Events Coordination
11-50 employees
March 28, 2018

“We used ShareFile as our primary file sharing program. I upload, download, and share files daily.”

OverallI like that our files can be easily shared internally and externally and are mostly organized. I am able to access files from my phone or any computer.
ProsI love that you can save a version to your desktop and it works just like a regular file folder. It is also nice to be able to access shared files on the internet wherever you are. I also like that you can star your most used folders and only sync content that you use the most, but still access anything you need quickly.
ConsSometimes, multiple versions are created if people forget to check out files which is confusing to sort through, and on heavily used files, there have been we have lost modifications.
March 28, 2018
Miguel R.
IT Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
October 16, 2017

“Flexible and easy to use Business Class Secure file sharing”

OverallBenefits include: Secure file sharing and collaboration tool. Support is great and is inclusive in subscription.
ProsCollaboration tools built-in are easy to use without need for training. Setup and configuration are simple and intuitive that can get an entire agency running up quickly. Rules and policy are easy to deploy where your able to use tracking tools. Overall a great business class sharing tool with many options that supersede others in the same market space
ConsIts not free. You cant compare to google drive or MS onedrive, however Sharefile offers better security and tools. Support is part of what you pay for as they provide full support of system.
October 16, 2017
Kurt M.
Co-Owner
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
September 13, 2017

“ShareFile is great for small business in health care industry”

OverallEase of use cloud-based data base that is encrypted far above and beyond the requirements of HIPAA. This is a great product.
ProsThis is one of the easiest software applications we have employed and is HIPAA-compliant. That is very important for small businesses engaged in the healthcare field and dealing with PHI. Small businesses not using this software are doing themselves a disservice.
ConsFor small businesses, I would prefer that they have a flat fee for companies less than 10 employees. The cost per person is a bit much when we have to have fees for part time people, as well. Outside that, there really is nothing we dislike about ShareFile.
September 13, 2017
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

“ShareFile Review”

OverallOverall, I've had a satisfactory experience with the app, but there's some room for improvement as detailed above
Pros- Very intuitive interface, easy to get up to date on usage in no time. - Great plugin support, such as the Outlook plug-in makes provision for secure file-sharing with customers as well as secure emails very easily. - Flexible folder creation and sharing - Great security and data protection considerations, such as frequent scans for potentially harmful embedded media. - Offers great control for users to select folders and files access over the network
Cons- Multiple attachment download simultaneously can be a bit slow - The web application can be buggy sometimes, and synchronisation with the desktop app and other platforms can occasionally be a bit laggy - Offline connectivity and access could be better in times of network downtime, to at least access cached files
11-50 employees
March 13, 2018

“Cream of the crop file sharing”

ProsThis is hands down the best file sharing utility out there. Tons of authentication methods including SAML, Windows Integrated and very simple to use. This tool has variants which are geared towards every industry imaginable such as healthcare, finance, legal, etc. The ability to have things such as stub files suing the drive mapper is an excellent way to deliver files without the use of much storage.
ConsThe price can be a bit steep especially when using cloud based storage. Other than the price, there is really no reason to not use this software, it is excellent in every way.
March 13, 2018
Cristian Sebastian F.
Construction, 201-500 employees
August 9, 2019

“Easy and useful”

OverallI use this software to store and share documents on the go, It is easy to use, A good tool to me.
ProsEasy to set up and easy to use, easy to share.
ConsI think this is a good software and as long they keep it running good I think it will be fine.
August 9, 2019
Jon J.
Data Services Manager
Market Research, 51-200 employees
June 27, 2019

“Tight Security File Transfer”

OverallThis software assists us in staying compliant with the transfer of PII.
ProsThis is an easy way to transfer information securely. It has excellent encryption. Sharing files is easy and they have a drive mapper and a plug in for outlook. Administration is very easy with everything being point and click. There are a lot of options depending on the level of security you want. The company even has a HIPAA partitioned server so we can stay compliant
ConsThe outlook plug in is a little clunky. It does not work on all computers. They just have some bugs to work out.
June 27, 2019
Jason F.
Managing Partner
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
June 21, 2019

“The best way to store and share company data”

OverallI have used Sharefile and have cliients that use it as well. It is used to store important company info in a distributed network, as well as sharing information with clients and consumers. They make it easy to do all these things quickly and securely.
ProsSharefile makes it easy to store and share company data. It gives you the ability to share this data with your internal team, or with non-team members. The security features ensure you have complete control with your data. The apps they have make it easy for end users to utilize the service on a daily basis.
ConsSharefile works. That's all you can ask for.
June 21, 2019
Tim B.
Practice Manager
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
February 22, 2018

“THINGS ARE CHANGING”

OverallWell, after around 10 years of using Sharefile without any issues and only using customer support about 2-3 times we were told that the charges would be basically multiplying by ten times the amount and if we didn't like it, TOO BAD!!!! No negotiation, no warning period (don't consider a 30-60 window after being told you're screwed to quit service or pay a valid warning), no understanding, just "do this or else... don't like it, we don't care.... see ya later scrub." Very unprofessional and in my opinion can and maybe will break your company. With a marketing plan/ploy like that where you corner customers and then on top of that don't care about them in the slightest sense you are heading for disaster.
ProsI liked that it was affordable, easy to use, and we could do more if we wanted to. The actual log in and navigation was easy to use for the most part after some updates and the customer care used to be okay the few times I needed it.
ConsThey have now hiked up the prices basically telling Small/Medium Businesses to pay up or leave (only about a 30-60 day window to decide do I want to pay more or not). For most small businesses it's an easy choice as alternative affordable pricing is out there all over as I found. I guess they only care about big time companies now that they are "Big Time". Lol, while searching for them I see that they were one of best in 2017... big heads? Seems to be the case. I think this new change will make everything they were doing go down hill fast... good luck shareholders (if they are public).
February 22, 2018
Rachel O.
Escrow Officer
Real Estate, 11-50 employees

“Sharefile ”

OverallIt has been good to use and i would recommend it for anyone who needs to access files on multiple computers.
ProsI like that there is an app that integrates to my computer (and my coworkers computers) to basically make a folder that acts like its own hard drive on our computers. We can all access and share it (haha share files!) and it just works well. I can also log in online and access files if I am not on my desktop.
ConsSometimes it loses sync, but honestly, not been a big deal. Nothing major has caused me to not like the program.
Jeffrey E.
Senior Estimator
Construction, 11-50 employees
September 17, 2019

“The best FTP and file sharing app I've ever used”

OverallI downloaded the full function trial and got right to work uploading all my employees (all 5 seats), all my clients (about 40) and several projects. Not once in what wa sa short 2 hours did I run into a single problem or hiccup. Halfway through I decided to format my file tree differently and was able to just 'shift stuff around' where in other apps I had to delete and re-upload. Sderiously, I'm usually hyper-critical of most apps as designed by morons for idiots-no intuitivity, no flow poor products but THIS! THIS is a masterpiece of design that most apps would kill to possess. Highly reccomended and two thumbs way, WAY up!
ProsExtremely intuitive and easy to use. Powerful interface and high functionality. After using just about every major file sharing platform, it just works-so well that it nearly disapears.
ConsDifficulty getting the branding loaded. It's DEFINATELY a coding problem and it took 3 different tech people to finally get it right, but this was a minor annoyance comp[ared to others
Lee O.
Accounting, Self-employed
March 11, 2018

“Wonderful file sharing app”

Pros-Industry tailored workflows: Sharefile has 10 key industries and the workflow will match that industry. For example: for accounting, the app will display options for clients to sign documents, which cuts out on them having to post or fax documents. -There are great mobile apps that make it very easy to send files - they even have apps for Windows and Blackberry users! -Integrates with Microsoft Office and Gmail which makes it even easier to use.
ConsNo real cons. The mobile apps can be a little on the slow side, but this not a major issue. The interface can be a bit overwhelming as it has lots of options, but you quickly get use to it and the options are all useful.
March 11, 2018
Sean W.
Professional Services Lead
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
October 10, 2015

“ShareConnect + Sharefile = Powerful”

OverallSharefile and now Shareconnect have been part of my toolkit for organisational transformation for 8 years. I've deployed 6 separate instances for widely varying use cases and each has worked well. I would rank Sharefile as important to my deliverables as GoogleWork ( Docs + everything else google does). I work in the more traditional end of the market and find that while Cloud and Hybrid cloud solutions are entering enterprise use now in 2015 most end users need the immediate deployment and quick time to value that Sharefile and Shareconnect offer. Post Sales Support from the Raleigh team does a great job of looking after remote time zones and only the occasional start-up phase hitch appears.
ProsProdcut and services are Top Grade 1. Great Scale 2. Easy Deployment 3. Good Support
ConsA. Complex multi tier Reseller / referral / distributor model handed down from Citrix management ( really, it does suck ) B. Global Storage Zones generate the occasional " ticket - storm" when a problem arises its hard to keep informed on "just" your exposure, a trade off for the transparency. C. Self provisioning is a little too prescriptive. If you self provision the wrong plan then watch out its not an "easy undo". Getting Level 2 help can take longer than you'd imagine.
October 10, 2015
Nevena D.
Online Tax Specialist
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
October 24, 2018

“Sharefile”

OverallI recommend it to all
ProsVery good product especially with the recent changes in data saving in Europe(GDPR) you can share files using this via email for example and the file is protected when it reaches the recipient as only recipient can open the file, if same email with the file is forwarded to third party it wont be available. You can sign and use it as a toll in MS Outlook
ConsNo issues so far as product provides different options to customize or adjust the functionalities.
October 24, 2018
John M.
Planning & Investment Analyst
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2019

“Best Document Sharing Software”

OverallShareFile in our opinion is the industry leader in document and data sharing. At this time we would not even consider a competitor and think of it as an integral tool for interacting with clients and other professionals. The security of sharing files, especially in financial services, is crucial to how we conduct business.
ProsSharefile is the undisputed industry leader in document sharing. Since becoming users of Sharefile we can now share documents in a secure and encrypted manner and more importantly request documents from clients in the same secure fashion. It has made data sharing with clients infinitely easier and is an integral part of how we interact with clients and intermediaries.
ConsWhile not a major concern some of the features in the web app are not consistent with the desktop application that can be installed on the operating system. The features are mostly identical but I have found some permissions that I am granted on one version do not appear on the other. I cannot seem to figure out why that is the case.
September 12, 2019
Lily C.
Sales And Marketing Specialist
Food & Beverages, 5001-10,000 employees
May 30, 2018

“Very easy to use and is another step in the right direction in terms of safe file transfers”

ProsWe can scan all information about our customers and create folders for everything we need. ShareFile is great for configuring files that need to be configured the same every time, that is, tenant files, client files, etc. The templates allow several employees to use the system in the same way. ShareFile is also great for sharing large or multiple files with suppliers or third-party partners.
ConsThere is a bit of a learning curve getting ShareFile templates and user profiles set up, but once you are set up it is very user-friendly. In addition, I would like there to be more customizable features when receiving shared documents.
May 30, 2018
Charles S.
IT Manager
Insurance, 51-200 employees
April 14, 2017

“Great way to send large files.”

OverallWe have used Sharefile for about 3 years, It helps to have the option to send large files securely and fast. We have saved files on the Sharefile website to send out to different customers.
ProsThe ease of creating a link for someone to download files or documents, that otherwise could not receive attachments.
ConsA less complex downloading screen, some customers did not understand the link and thought they had to sign up to download the files.
Recommendations to other buyersJust that it is a good product, give it a try.

By Gradeweb on April 14, 2017
Thank you for your review and the feedback Charles, we appreciate your business!
April 14, 2017
Justin C.
March 12, 2019

“Great encryption - Add-ons need work”

OverallStill an excellent software that we use heavily.
ProsDrag 'n drop encryption for clients, and easy "upload" portals to receive information.
ConsWe use the Gmail plug-in heavily, which has become a problem. More often than not, the 1st time we upload a file with the plug-in fails. We then have to reload the screen, and upload a second time for it to work. In our busy season, our bandwidth allocation for the product adds up quick when uploads are duplicated.
March 12, 2019
Legal Services, 51-200 employees
March 11, 2019

“ShareFile is the Gold Standard”

ProsWhat I like most about this software is how easy it makes the sharing of documents as well as it's various integrations into Microsoft Office and Windows.
ConsMy biggest con for this software is its lack of a taskbar shortcut to access their software to upload documents. Dropbox has one and it's the biggest complaint I get from users even though Sharefile has other alternatives and shortcuts to upload and access documents.
March 11, 2019
Mark D.
September 17, 2018

“I like the security, they could improve functionality”

OverallGood so far, though I'm open to switching providers at this point. Cost is a bit high for the market.
ProsI have a professional business and so I like the clean, professional look of this service. It reflects well on my practice and appears more legitimate than something like Google Drive.
ConsI think their functionality could be a bit more robust. I would really love to see an easy way to collect signatures from clients (without paying a ton extra), for example.
September 17, 2018
Ronda C.
Executive Assistant
Market Research, 1-10 employees
October 30, 2018

“Almost, but. . .”

OverallShareFile is a great program--when it works. It is wonderful to have many ways to access your documents and information. It is integral to virtual offices like ours. Support from them for our issue is lacking. If they could help us resolve that, I could give higher ratings.
ProsShareFile is portable and can be used either online or in the desktop application.
ConsShareFile is unpredictable. Over half the time I try to open and edit a file it says that the action cannot be performed.
October 30, 2018
May 4, 2018

“Works Great - One of the Best File Sharing Options”

OverallIt lets me concentrate on MY job more because I am not constantly being interrupted to upload and download for others. Additionally, we have offices in several states so it means I don't have to make hard copies to mail to them anymore.
ProsIt is super easy to set up a folder for someone and make them an administrator so they can upload, download and delete files themselves. Now I don't have to spend half my day doing these tasks for people.
ConsIt seems to generate a new link every time you ask to share a link on the same folder. This can get confusing if too many people are working on one particular folder.
Fazal K.
Project Architect
Architecture & Planning, 201-500 employees
March 28, 2019

“Makes file sharing easy”

ProsGreat interface and easy to use. Good integration with outlook Multiple methods of sharing files Allows for updating file versions without re-sending a link Tracks file downloads Allows sending someone else a link to upload files to send to you. Fast uploada and download times
ConsIt would be nice to have a password protect feature for links when needed. It would be great to have a "refresh" link feature since links often expire before the files get deleted. In line with the comment above having a summary page of links generated in last "X" amount of days so a user can choose to refresh it. Web based PDF viewer is mediocre. It would be great if a PDF did not open by default and user had the option to download before it opens.
March 28, 2019
Retail, 51-200 employees
December 5, 2018

“Great Solution for Sharing Content for Approval”

OverallWe share marketing content with clients for their review and approval. They provide feedback and click "approved" once approved all within ShareFile.
Pros- Approval Workflow for collecting feedback and getting approval from partners - Very simple and easy interface - Ease of adding new clients - Unlimited number of clients - Pay per user (admin) - Notifications and automatic reminders
Cons- Can't click links within a workflow - Sometimes it'll time out and we've run into a few bugs - Can't change admin in a workflow and only the administrator who started the workflow can add a new workflow. It would be nice to be able to reassign this because if someone is out of office or we need to change ownership, we have to start a new workflow and this confuses clients
December 5, 2018
Elizabeth B.
July 12, 2018

“Business User”

ProsWe use this product to help our clients bring in documents to us safely. It has been a great tool for us and them to know our client's info is secure.
ConsThe only thing I have found that is a bit weird is the permissions to each folder. Some times I can't click a certain staff person to get downloads or upload notification. They are grayed out. Other than that it has been a good thing for us.
July 12, 2018
Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees
May 15, 2019

“ShareFile helps with workflow of video files”

OverallThe overall experience has been great. We have used this software quite successfully for over 2 years.
ProsI like how the software will notify those who are signed up to the folder if new files are uploaded or downloaded. I also like how the permissions work for the folders
ConsIt sometimes didn't always seem to like to take uploads of big files. It would sometimes stop uploading.
May 15, 2019
Jeanne C.
Administrative Coordinator
Law Enforcement, 51-200 employees
January 19, 2019

“Nice for sharing secure files”

OverallEvery time my computer is upgraded, I request to have ShareFile reinstalled on Outlook. It is very helpful in accomplishing tasks in my profession. I never have issues with it on the user side of things. I've only had one attorney request that I send actual attachments in stead of the secure download link. I think it's because he's not very tech-savvy!
ProsPart of my job is to email confidential files for lawsuits to our attorneys so this software works great. It provides a secure download link where the receiver has to enter their credentials in order to download the files. It is also helpful when sending files too large for our email system to send.
ConsOccasionally, receivers have trouble downloading the files. It's hard to tell if it's user error or program error though.
January 19, 2019