Fivestars Ratings

Overall

About Fivestars

Need a better way to reach your customers? Over 14,000 businesses use Fivestars to bring customers back 2x more often with text, email, and mobile app marketing tools. We provide you with a free Customer Touchscreen to sign up customers easily. With AutoPilot and Unlimited Promotions, stay top of mind by automatically reaching out to your customers with the right offer at the right time. We also provide detailed reporting on your customers' visit and spend behaviors. Learn more about Fivestars

alex R.
July 16, 2018

“We been with five stars for over four years now. Minus a few quirks, we'd do it all over again!”

OverallI cannot stress how valuable a solid email list is. Combine that with selective marketing and Five Stars continues to strive for my business.
ProsIt has been so long that I am really not sure but I think, the box doesn't even come with instructions. It's one of those things that really is that simple. When we first subscribed to the service I was like, what's up with the cost? I love being wrong, I was way wrong. This does the job of three employees and doesn't have "a family emergency" every Sunday. It gets down to the core of marketing. Gather your data base and learn from your customers. We really enjoy being able target specific emails or sms to your allocated groups. If someone hasn't been through your doors in a while. The dang computer sends them a sweet old "come back and see us message on it's own!" Come on!
ConsOkay, let's talk about it. It's more expensive than some of it's competitors. (After having s few, I'd rather pay the extra.) And dang it guys. Please someone in the IT department schedule updates during non-business hours. Pretty, pretty please.
July 16, 2018
Landon R.
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

“Software - lacking ”

OverallI want to be able to link to my POS system to automatically redeem points. I am not a fan of entering the rewards into two systems or having to manually enter it into the POS I would prefer it do it automatically or be able to click to redeem them and it syncs to the POS and eliminates the human error of entering the discount wrong. I also would like more options for sending out notifications to people. There are 6-8 template options but I would like a variety of more or the ability to create my own. I wish I could post more often as well; once a week sometimes isn't enough for our store. I don't like being restricted at being locked out so I can't push a promo for X days till it opens up again. It forces me to be more strategic hold all my cards for the big event/promo and if it flops than I can't do another push till it clears out... All in all helps to maintain loyal customers - it doesn't do much to bring in more people and extend your reach but does well and keeping our base.
Prosits ability to program and push promos to a wide base of people. I like using phone numbers to keep track of points cause then people don't loose them but it also makes you give away more discounts cause no points are lost. Its easy to sign up and people are more willing to participate in the rewards because it is so simple to do
ConsI don't like that it doesn't sync with my POS and all the rewards have to be entered manually.
Recommendations to other buyers-
Pam S.
General Manager
March 12, 2018

“Five Stars Loyalty simplified our loyalty program while improving our customer relations”

Overall can't say that there is anything I don't like about the program. I was able to schedule announcements in advance which saved time. My customers appreciated not having to carry around a plastic or paper punch card. The tablets were easy to set up. Customers responded so well with the program. I am very happy we decided to use FiveStars
ProsFiveStars not only helped create and maintain our loyalty program, but they also monitor customer interactions to turn a one time shopper in to a loyal customer. It is very user friendly. Customers use a tablet to enter their information and once they're in the system, we can reward them with coupons and incentives to come back to shop. FiveStars monitors how long a customer has been away from the store and allowed us to target certain messages to those customers who hadn't been in the store in a while. We were able to make our customer count stronger and created a sense of urgency with coupons and promotions. It was also beneficial that we could let customers know about upcoming events. I love that FiveStars wants you to be successful. They would call to check in and give useful advice and tips to continue to grow our business through the loyalty program.
ConsI
March 12, 2018
Mohamed B.
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
August 9, 2019

“Love local fivestar drive my business”

OverallI use Fivestars at Hideout, for calculating daily sales, use it as a tool for marketing and drive the sales thought multiple dimensions.
ProsLoyalty program, low cost and convenience
ConsNo yet has the customer pay by phone option.
Randell Q.
Journeyman Plumber
Construction, 201-500 employees
February 24, 2019

“Fivestars Review”

OverallFivestars have really given me no issues that have needed any customer service to resolve. Therefore I can't give any useful info to anyone who possibly had issues with this app over all. All I can say is that if all apps worked this well I would have apps loaded in my phone like I have rounds loaded in my shotgun. May not ever need them but they aren't hurting anyone by being there, but when u need it, you know it's going to do what it's supposed too. Overall best app on my phone yet. In fact just got my first $5.00 savings this Saturday. Let's keep up the great work guys. Enter your number earn points and get free discounts, no reason for any negativity. Love you guys..
ProsI like being able to just type in my number and be able to see what my balance is and what promotions are available immediately for use. I also like being texted with all specials and deals that are available at the store with the dates and times that these deals are available. And as long as u click to agree to use those points once texted they are automatically applied to your account at checkout time with no additional info required. It's like it's all been saved in there for you, and ready to be used immediately.
ConsReally there isn't much I don't like about the app other than that cloudscape is a ways away from my house. So sometimes these sales are a little far from my home especially during the weekdays when I'm at work. Like they are Monday through Wednesday sales and I'm a plumber and very tired when I get home so to drive all the way there is really quit a drive. Especially the 405 freeway between 3 and 8 pm. So I have no choice but to stay home. I wake up at 3:00 am everyday and I'm bed by 6:30 pm everyday. So I can only go on weekends. Sometimes it sucks that I have to go somewhere else that this cost more to buy, but I'm so tired when I get home, that I have no choice but to go spend my money somewhere closer. I love this cloudscape shop and they have always been very honest, helpful and kind to both my wife and I. Especially since we r new to this whole vaping thing. So that's all I have negative to say
February 24, 2019
Amanda R.
November 3, 2016

“Worth The Investment!”

OverallAs a family owned business, we know the importance of customer loyalty. FiveStars allows us to see what motivates our return customers, and to keep track of the customers who are less regular. The set-up was easy. As soon as we received our tablets, a Customer Service person walked us through step-by-step. The software is user friendly, so we were able to implement FiveStars immediately. Their marketing specialists have helped us establish effective rewards and promotions. Technical support has been great too! In addition to their support phone number, FiveStars also has chat and e-mail contacts, which means we can always get an answer to any question we may run into.
ProsVery user friendly software - Customer support is super! We run 5 registers at one time, and we are easily able to identify customers at the front counter. After a customer has been in once, we can call them by name as soon as they enter their phone number.
ConsWe have had multiple customers log in with both their home phone and their cell phone numbers, and it would be nice if there was a way for us to merge those two numbers together into one account without having to contact FiveStars each time this happens. It would also be great if their information could communicate directly with our order entry. It isn't a big inconvenience, but that would remove one extra step at the front counter if we didn't have to make entries manually.
November 3, 2016
Research, 10,001+ employees
March 3, 2019

“Great paperless platform for rewards”

OverallFivestars gets rid of the hassle of bringing my rewards cards to the vendor/small business each time I order something. Usually I forget to bring my physical reward card, or lose it. It'd be cool if users could transfer their stars/rewards to other users through the software (from user to user, not just from company to customer).
ProsI like that I can easily gain rewards from multiple small businesses that I frequent through the same platform. All of my credit cards and information are tied to the same account, so that if I happen to use a different card, I still will accumulate benefits from the business.
ConsThe layout of the FiveStar software is a bit different at Urban Ritual compared to what I'm used to at other businesses. Finding how many stars I have is more difficult at Urban Ritual, since the screen is crowded with other information such as how many stars it takes to get 'x' reward vs. 'y' reward. It would be nice to highlight how many stars you have vs. how many stars you need for rewards on a uniform graph, such as a progress bar of sorts.
Trey R.
Retail, 51-200 employees
December 1, 2016

“Excellent Loyalty Rewards Program for Small Businesses”

OverallThe pros: We are a large consignment clothing store and are fairly new to formal loyalty programs. The Fivestars program has been immensely popular and has definitely resulted in revenue increases. Out flash sales have transformed into buzz-worthy events where, before, they were hardly noticed. We strongly recommend Fivestars if you are looking into a rewards/loyalty program for your small biz. Retention has been very high as reward points/spiffs have become a valuable commodity for our shoppers. Now for the (minor) cons: There does not seem to be much crossover between our business and others that use Fivestars based upon our anecdotal eveidence. I wish it was more of a local movement. Maybe one day it will be. Also, as far as the technical underpinnings, the API should be exposed to worthy customers (or those willing to pay a modest fee) so that they might integrate it with lesser-known point-of-sale platforms or databases; the company essentially refuses to do this, even though it would benefit both parties. Also, the tablets provided are nice but not without the difficulties associated with wi-fi enabled Android devices. Sometimes they go haywire and we are shut down inexplicably. Let's hope hardware improvements come. ( i'd bet Apple iPads, for instance, would probably provide a huge boost to the overall system reliability.)
ProsSee review.
ConsSee review.
Recommendations to other buyersEXPOSE THE API TO CUSTOMERS SO THAT WE MAY USE IT WITH OUR OFFBEAT POS PLATFORM AND LOCAL DATABASES!!!
December 1, 2016
December 12, 2018

“The good and the bad.”

ProsFivestars is an excellent software that is easy to use and is great for rewarding current clients. You can customize the rewards you give to current clients very easily. The text out feature is also nice to get your current promotions out.
ConsWhen you sign up for the program they sell you on the business matching (marketing) for people that are on the app and near your business. You can create specials that pop up when people that use the app are near by. The problem is they don't switch on business matching for you unless you sign up 20 new fivestars members a week. I operate a spa that sees a lot of repeat clients and we don't always have 20 new clients a week which makes it very hard to be able to utilize this part of the service. I think smaller businesses should know this before they pay the big price tag for the hardware and service. Or they should find a way to include smaller businesses more effectively.
December 12, 2018
J Robin E.
Guest Service
Retail, 10,001+ employees
March 27, 2019

“easy to use...”

Overallsee previous entry. most experiences have been positive. unexpected loss of accumulated points is almost deceitful.
Prosfrom a consumer standpoint, very easy to use. tracks points flawlessly.
Conswasted points. when someone drops out of the program & you've been accumulating points towards a special reward, it is beyond frustrating when they drop the program without notice, leaving the consumer without recourse. providers should provide those with accumulated points sufficient notice to use their points (30 days) before the program is dropped from that location. Supercuts left my spouse & myself with enough points amassed for "free" services when they suddenly (and without notice) no longer had a terminal. when you usually get your hair cut every 6 weeks, notifying customers at the terminal would be pointless, advance notification to customers via email or app when a provider like Supercuts is about to drop, allows us enough time to utilize our points. we spent a lot of money getting to that reward level. we should have a chance to use them instead of having them disappear.
March 27, 2019
Faye Y.
June 5, 2018

“loyalty, simple”

OverallSending messages to customers to inform them our new promotion, which greatly attracts customers coming back and keep updated with the deals.
ProsBasically, it works as a loyalty program and at the same time, it offers the function of sending out the message to customers (who joined the FiveStar loyalty program). So we can directly send out the promotion info/deals to the customers and it's no limit of the messages' numbers under the subscription plan. Customers can check their fivestar point and receive the updates from different stores via the fivestar app.
ConsYou are not only paying per month for the subscription plan but also paying extra for every customer FiveStar help you attract them back to your store. Plus, the app and the software sometimes will down due to the technical issue, for example, the free drink voucher cannot be redeemed via the platform.
June 5, 2018
Nipuna R.
Aircraft Maintenance Trainee B1.1
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees
August 27, 2019

“Customer loyalty with STARS”

OverallFivestar is an user friendly program which helps to keep update with customers. Help to build loyal customers by sending them messages to inform about new promotion and keep updated them with the deals.
ProsThis is simple and user-friendly as well as it is customizable. Super customer service. It helps to get critical customer data.
ConsIts SOMETIMES hard to reach customer support quickly.
August 27, 2019
Tara N.
February 25, 2019

“Lies and then more lies”

OverallHorrible Their rep made promises and now that he is gone they will not honor anything or even acknowledge my issues
ProsIt is super easy to use, anyone can figure out how to use it from the front or back end
ConsThe representative who signed us up told us it was a year contract. At the end of that year we could cancel, he promised there would be no new charges after the prepaid year. He no longer works for them. Shortly before payroll was due Fivestars pulled $2400 from our account. We had no warning. I called them, they set up a phone appointment. They never showed for two of those phone appointments. I finally spoke with Silvana who told me they would refund the $2400 if and only if I signed a new contract promising to pay them monthly for the next year We did not want to continue the service, but if i didn't sign that, they would not give me the $2400 back. Even after I signed it, it took them over a week to give the money back. It has been 10 months and we received an email stating that we needed to let the know if we don't want to renew next year. We never received that email the first year, but all the same I clicked on the link to let them know there was no way we were renewing. Guess what? They set up a phone interview, you can't cancel on their website. I got the call from them today and I was able to terminate the contract for two months from now, when the 12 month contract i signed under duress expires. But then, she told me we have to mail back the two tablets. I was quite sure we paid for those becuase that's what their rep who signed us up told me. So now we were told we paid for those up front, but we have to send them back, we even have to pay for t
Jessica B.
Preschool Teacher
Education Management, 51-200 employees
July 17, 2019

“Pretty Standard, Nothing to Sneeze at.”

OverallFivestar picks pretty good companies, or vise versa. That gives me the impression there is a good level of trust there, and Vendors that I speak to about it out of curiosity. This is encouraging when giving this sort of feedback. As a consumer/customer, I find it pretty easy to use and easy to navigate!
ProsThis is a pretty neat idea to have as an extra little something when you visit a favorite business of yours or to try something new. I have personally noticed that some "perks" are offered by the business pretty casually, but nice to have them all in one place. I will say that it is a neat and accurate feature to try out what is in the area. Not ideal too much if you don't live in an area should you never have a chance to use it continuously, but great for local places.
ConsThis app works rather accurately with what it claims, so no real complaints. I cannot wait to see more places that will jump on and use it.
July 17, 2019
Kesari F.
Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees
March 5, 2019

“Deals made convenient ”

ProsIt's always fun walking into an establishment and seeing the FiveStar console, knowing that I am either going to see a new deal and save money, or I am going to contribute to a future deal. I even like the encouragement it gives me to try something new when, say, the deal is "free dessert" and I've never had the dessert at that cafe before! The whole system in general is a really great way to buy and consume products with a little more mental comfort about my wallet and a little more excitement about the fun deals and discounts I'm about to receive!
ConsMy least favorite thing is that the cashier and I see two different screens. I'll see a deal and sometimes they don't acknowledge it and finish my order before I can add it, or add a deal before I've confirmed I want to use it. This mostly depends on the cashier and not the software itself, but it can be frustrating trying to communicate to cashiers that aren't present or listening to my desires when it comes to using my FiveStar points!
March 5, 2019
Marcus K.
Senior Partner At Mad Ox Games & Comics
July 24, 2018

“We have increased our customer satisfaction greatly, and easu/ ”

Overallcustomer frequency has increased greatly. Quarterly customers become monthly, and monthly customers become weekly. It adds up quickly. Customers enjoy the rewards programs, because it requires no membership card, and it is easy to redeem rewards.
ProsEase of use. My staff required nearly zero training on this product, and the down time for the hardware is less than 1% of our operational time.
ConsIt is a little pricey. That is why I rated it 4 stars for value at cost. But, it is very worth the expense. The question about how often do we use the software does not allow for our actual frequency of use which is closer to "every 5 minutes" than Daily, which was the most frequent response allowed.
July 24, 2018
Kyle B.
Restaurants, 11-50 employees

“Easy interaction”

OverallI like the paperless idea for the rewards. Saves me time and money dealing with people who lose thier cards and coupons. I also like that i am able to send different offers to customers who have not been back to our restaurant over a period of time. It gives me the ability go offer these customers whatever i choose and also lets me offer all my customers some offers. The only thing i dislike is when the network isnt strong the tablets lose connection
ProsPaperless. The offers i can extend to lost customers. And how i can track thier points and visits very easily. They are easy to get ahold of to resolve problems
ConsThe network connection and how it goes down. The charge of the tablets doesnt last very long. Sometimes to many points get added to peoples accounts and i which it had a button asking if ur sure before u add those points. Some people are old and technology is hard for them.
Recommendations to other buyersNope. That sums it up
Kerry H.
May 10, 2019

“Five Stars is great for discounts”

OverallI really like that software and ease of use with it, but I can't stand their customer support. I'll be contacted by 3 or 4 people in one week about an issue that one person can handle. They don't seem to have a lot of communication between team members, as well as not being able to just solve simple issues without making a big deal out of it.
ProsI like that this system integrates with the POS that we already use. This helps a lot when training new employees as it's somewhat simplified. I also do like that I can send out messages whenever I choose to notify our customers of sales/promotions we may be running.
ConsI don't like that they automatically send texts to our customers to get them back in the store within 30, 60, or 90 days. I don't want my customers to be too overwhelmed with texts from this system.
May 10, 2019
courtney m.
Owner/Manager
Tobacco, 1-10 employees
July 13, 2018

“This loyalty service has been awesome for our company, brings back tons of repeat customers. ”

OverallRepeat customers, new customers, happy customers!
ProsThat it keeps encouraging repeat customers to come back. You can provide any type of reward for your customers and all the points/ redemptions are customizable. They come out with software updates and those are automatically installed.
ConsSometimes it can be slow, even when it seems that our internet has good connection. However it's hard to be certain if that's their system or ours.
July 13, 2018
Susie M.
October 25, 2016

“Loyalty Program”

OverallI signed up with 5 stars to help with repeat traffic in my resale store. It started out pretty good until we needed to make changes to customers accounts. Phone numbers could not be changed by us. Customers were frustrated because some people do change numbers. They ask me to give them name and numbers to be changed and they would do it on their end. Once i gave them the numbers they said it was too many to change. The system would go down or Freeze on several occasions and every time they would call it was hard to get through and when we did they said the would look in to it and call us back. Most of the time they would never call back. We would type in a customers phone number and someone else name would come up. Causing confusion. I have customers complain including my self (business owner) that could not receive emails or text messages. They said they would look in to it. I ended up giving them another email because they didn't know why. It began to get hard for my employees to call for support because they would be on the phone a very long time for Fivestars to say the cant fix our problem but will look in to it and call back. They would not call back and we would have to start over calling. This was suppose to help my business, but when customers can not receive the emails, text or change phone numbers, they get mad. After 2 years of trying to make this work with them i told them i wanted to cancel my service. They ask why i told them to look at my file and see all the problems i have had that they couldn't fix. He looked and said yes he understood. A few days later i got a call from Fivestars saying they think they have fixed most of my problems and they would drop my monthly fee by about $75. At this point i told them i do not trust them and wouldn't use them if it was FREE.
October 25, 2016
Steve K.
Software Engineer
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
March 26, 2019

“Fivestars brings loyalty programs to all restaurants”

OverallFivestars allows for enhanced customer experience through customizable loyalty programs.
ProsFor the business owner (not just restaurants), this enables you to incentivize repeat customers without having to set up your own program. The most valuable part of Fivestars is the data that they provide regarding customer visits and spending patterns. It's definitely worth it to provide a discount or free item in exchange for all the repeat business. Fivestars will provide a tablet with an app and you can go ahead and custom the type of deals you want to offer.
ConsFivestars relies on the customer providing a telephone number as their UUID. This is quite the security risk and also isn't the best customer experience. They finally have a mobile app now but it's mainly for checking progress and points. It would be best if they setup some type of NFC so that you can just tap to check-in.
March 26, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
August 15, 2018

“Take your customer loyalty to new heights”

ProsThis product is amazing, it is not available everywhere but will definitely become widely used across all major cities. It makes your business look professional and passionate. They provide the sleek looking tech that customers use to enter their phone number and help is always around the corner when needed. Well worth the money! Social media is a crowded market place and using this to send customers rewards is a great way to add a personal touch. Sure there are other reward platforms out there, but from my experience this is the best yet. It is so simple to keep track, change rewards, upload data and contact your consumer base. If you are still thinking about it, this is me telling you to do it.
ConsNot available everywhere and the only people you are reaching are the ones that are already customers. There is a feature in the app that you can search other fivestars businesses in the area but since it is still new, this feature is not useful in attracting new customers. Also in order to send SMS it is an extra cost.
August 15, 2018
Nadjaliette M.
Sales assistant
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1001-5000 employees
April 11, 2019

“Props ”

OverallI used Fivestar years ago when I worked at metro pcs and went to college back in 2012. I always told people to download it and it was a great app. I'm glad you guys did a great come back. I love it! Getting more involved! I would love to work as a sponsor.!
ProsI love that it helps find nearby places that are a part of five star.
ConsMore offers and deals within companies. Maybe a rewards within fivestar.
April 11, 2019
Josh S.
Restaurants, 1-10 employees
November 30, 2018

“Great Loyalty Software”

OverallWe used to use paper loyalty cards and clients were losing those all the time, so they could never redeem their loyalty points. Also, I was spending a lot of money in new cards because when a client lost a card, they got a new one. This has saved me time and allows the clients to actually get their reward points, which is great! It's offered at a reasonable price as well. I've seen an influx in customer engagement with my loyalty program since I started using fivestars
ProsFivestars is an easy to use, great customer loyalty software. Clients can earn reward points each time they come to my business. It gives them an incentive to keep coming back! The promotions you can create are really easy to set up.
ConsThere is nothing I dislike about fivestars
November 30, 2018
Jonathan I.
Sales Manager
April 4, 2018

“Best rewards program out there”

ProsRewards programs are an ingenious marketing tool and I think no one does it better than FiveStars. The way users can conveniently "check-in" with their phone number, receive text messages with new offers from FiveStars and earn rewards with points. I really like how mostly local, small business are have offers from FiveStars. It makes it even easier to support them over the large corporate chains, which I enjoy doing.
ConsMy only gripe is losing points due to businesses that switch to a new rewards program or those who have gone out of business, I wish there was a way FiveStars would convert points in these scenarios, so that I don't feel like my loyalty to a certain establishment was for nothing.
April 4, 2018
Accounting, 1001-5000 employees

“Fivestars Review”

OverallOverall, I'd say I've had a satisfactory experience with the product. Loyalty levels and retention shot up after adopting the system for 6 months, which is something to note, something like loyalty needs long cycles to study improvements, so don't be in a hurry to get results.
Pros- Super intuitive interface, low learning curve for getting up to speed for new users - It offers great segmentation and unique targeting of customers based on when last they came visiting. Which comes in very handy for retargeting efforts of customers gone cold.
Cons- Handling cases of duplicate entries could be smoother, such as multiple unique identifiers (such as a phone number) being inputed for the same customer. perhaps a merge feature to take care of such would be great. - It is a bit pricey, but I'd say it's worth the penny, when considering the extra value created for customers after a long time of use.
EDDIE E.
MANAGING PARTNER
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
November 16, 2016

“FiveStars Reward Program”

OverallOne of the best decisions that we made at Gauchos Gourmet Market was implementing the FiveStar rewards program. Its a great tool in retaining your clientele and keep them informed of specials that you may have and also a great to communicate any event that you may have. Our clients a very much into the program and they love the discounts that they received with their purchases.
ProsIts pretty self explanatory and easy to use.
November 16, 2016
Carla L.
General Manager
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
October 27, 2016

“FiveStars at Gelato Paradiso”

OverallWe've been using FS for about 10 months now, at first some our customers complained about giving out their phone number and they refused to do so until they realized we weren't going to bombard them with info and that it was totally worth it to receive deals in addition to the point rewards. My only complaint is that the tablets haven't been very reliable for us. They constantly disconnect from the internet or stop communicating with each other and we have to troubleshoot them AT LEAST once a day. The chargers are flimsy as well. We've had to order new ones and we're going to be ordering more here soon because one of them broke again already. I do not know if we will be renewing after a year.
ProsWhen it works, it is easy to use.
ConsThere are often connection errors- between device communication AND wifi connection.
Daniel V.
Realtor
Real Estate, 1-10 employees

“Get On Board!”

ProsAs a business owner, it is an amazing tool to reach new customers via networking with other businesses. As a user, great tool to find great deals at businesses you like.
ConsI would say the only con is finding the time to make it to all the great deals out there!
Krislyn I.
homemaker
Retail, Self-employed

“Very convenient to use”

ProsWhat i like about Five Stars was you don't have to bring any sort of member card. And, points can accumalate too for freebies. If you download the app, you can checkout for most of their good offers
ConsI don't see any con about this. It is free membership so no cons
July 20, 2018

“Great Loyalty Program”

OverallImproved Loyalty program over the paper punch cards. Improved conversion and customer satisfaction. Saved time and frustration over lost paper cards and missing rewards.
ProsThe dashboard design is easy to use and customizable. The autopilot functions show the results in an easy to read format that makes it so nice in seeing what works and what doesn't.
ConsFor a while the customers name showed up on the admin page and you knew exactly who received the points. The latest updates removed the name from that screen - you can still look up the customer by clicking on the link, but its a step I wish they hadn't removed.
July 20, 2018
Annie S.
Sales Operations Analyst
Telecommunications, Self-employed
March 12, 2019

“Easy way to earn rewards!”

OverallGreat program, easy to use and earn rewards. I use it at all the places that offer it!
ProsLove that I can use this at multiple businesses and don't have to carry around punch cards to all my favorite places and remember to use them when I'm there. Fivestars is there at the cash register and easily reminds you to type in your number and receive a point!
ConsI have different credit cards that I use and the points are attached to each card. I wish all would connect together with my phone number. Some coffee shops I have enough for free drinks, but since I've used different cards it doesn't show.
March 12, 2019
Zach L.
Operating partner
Restaurants, 1001-5000 employees

“Compensation”

OverallIn the longevity it's a good idea. But the inflation of costs of products in stores with 5 Star seems to only have taken effect when they installed the softwares in the stores.
ProsThe implementation of a rewards system with stores is a great idea. The chance to get discounts based on the frequency of people shopping in the specific store.
ConsThey raise the prices of items to counter the margin loss of the rewards.
Lukas P.
Teaching Artist
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
February 21, 2019

“A great service every business should take advantage of!”

OverallI have had great benefits from using Fivestars. I find myself using this software to track rewards very successfully and I'm able to try new products that are advertised by various businesses.
ProsI like the fast, consistency of the software. My transactions are updated in real-time and my points are added within minutes of leaving the counter. The app is very easy to navigate and the notifications are always helpful. I not only have gotten some great offers from the businesses I shop at using this program, I have also tried some new products that I never would have considered without a small discount or incentive.
ConsI believe there is nothing missing in the software. I think more businesses should take advantage of this because it could really help boost business and customer retention. The only downside is when certain businesses forget to tap your rewards on their end and I have to remind them. Not a big deal though!
February 21, 2019
Rohan B.
Marketing Executive
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
August 13, 2019

“Fivestars”

Overalloverall it is a good and easy software.
ProsIt is easy to signup and people are more willing to participate in the rewards because it is very easy to operate.
ConsThe software is more expensive in comparison to other software.
August 13, 2019
Chris R.
The dude
Retail, 5001-10,000 employees
February 26, 2019

“The Dude like the rewards”

OverallI've had it for about four years. I haven't redeemed and points yet. I like that it rolls over each year, and doesn't expire. Sweet program.
ProsI enjoy checking the point balance on my account. That way I can dream about several free beers in my future. I stockpile the point in case, one day, I really can't afford quality beers. And I don't see myself giving up. Fun for me to watch the beer total grow.
ConsI'm sure there is a proper list of other establishments that use five star, but how would you ever know, unless you are looking at the app? I never think to ask anywhere else.
February 26, 2019
April M.
Safety
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1001-5000 employees

“Great App! ”

OverallI have not had any problems at all and I always see the updated points.
ProsI like how quickly my points were added to my account and I could see my coupons.
ConsI don't really see anything that stands out as a problem.
Shannon H.
manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

“Custom program ”

OverallWe really appreciate that Five Stars tweeked the "1 point per dollar spent" feature to our specific store needs which is "1 point per $25 dollars spent". Our customers are loving the FiveStar option and look forward to the little bonuses we are able to send out. A feature that our paper card can not offer. We are very pleased to be FiveStar affiliates.
ProsAnytime there is any problem...the customer service team walks us thru the quickest way to fix it.
Richard D.

“Kinda worth the money”

OverallIt's a pretty turn key loyalty system and there is well thought out support behind it. But to be fair, we do a lot of work pushing the 5 star brand too, so it feels like we're paying for a service, but also paying to promote you. We pay for lots of apps and 5 star is the most expensive so therefore the least ROI. Every month, I reconsider if it's really worth it. A monthly fee of about $100-$150 seems a better value that I wouldn't question.
ProsIt works, no glitches.
ConsA little on the expensive side.
Humberto A.
Teacher
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
August 11, 2019

“It's always great to receive an added bonus”

ProsThe software is easy to use for customers. You just use your phone number and create an account. So many companies use them for added bonuses when you buy something using their membership. I've gotten discounts, free meals, and even gotten recommendations for new places because of Fivestar.
ConsHonestly, I haven't had any issues with Fivestar at all as a customer. The only time I've gotten frustrated with it has been because the store or restaurant that uses Fivestar has had internet issues and I don't get my points.
August 11, 2019
Cathy O.
Customer
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
April 5, 2019

“User friendly ”

OverallHave had no problems. Easy to speak to customer service
ProsVery easy to use and navigate. Every business should look into this software.
ConsNothing. The software is fery user friendly
April 5, 2019
Jacob R.
Debt Consolidation
Accounting, 11-50 employees
March 31, 2019

“Ease of use, and Amazing customer base”

OverallI have enjoyed fivestars since day one. As a client and a customer, it really helps connect with new people, and connect with the old on a whole new level. In marketing being able to connect is a really big deal. They are GENIUSES.
ProsFive stars allows businesses to reach out to customers and bring them in easily with incentives. There has been many times where even a new customer will be rewarded just for walking in. It is easy to be on a first name basis with the customer as well building a relationship.
ConsI really dont have anything bad to say. Fivestars is amazing.
March 31, 2019
Military, 10,001+ employees
March 9, 2019

“Booster box”

OverallVery friendly and knowledgeable local business. Best place for Pokemon and related items.
ProsFree packs from points and future items.
ConsNothing, the service and attention to detail is top notch.
March 9, 2019
Denise J.
Retiree
Human Resources, Self-employed
March 3, 2019

“Crossroads is awesome for everyone! Use of their system is so easy and rapid!”

OverallAwesome
ProsEase of use and how rapidly it works, easy to read.
ConsAbility to mark the discount you want to use at the time, so the cashier doesn't have to ask again or forget.
Holly F.
manager
November 29, 2016

“Great value for the price, easy to use and consumer friendly!”

OverallWe love that our customers get texts. It has increased sales and awareness about our store! Great way to grab their attention. I've had customers say they turned the car around to come shop due to the coupon I had just sent out!
ProsImmediate response
ConsThat my customers are not savy enough to know how to use it and there is not educational info to hand to them to tell them what to do next or how to better use the features
Andrew S.
Sports, 51-200 employees
October 27, 2016

“Golf Course Review of FiveStars”

OverallWe have only used FiveStars for one season so far. It gives us great and immediate access to our best and most loyal customers. The automated system does a great job of creating return business. The ability to create custom promotions pays for the monthly fee. The most important thing is to give your staff training and incentive to sign up your customers to the Five Stars Program. My only complaint is with the birthday promotion. It needs to be more flexible and allow for more detailed offers.
ProsSeamless integration with POS system.
ConsNeeds the ability to be a little more flexible with regards to promotions.
Recommendations to other buyersNo
Coty T.
September 12, 2019

“Great option for loyalty programs!”

OverallOverall, Fivestars has given us the chance to reward our customers and a great price and and an awesome way to manage our promos and program! I'd highly recommend them!
ProsFivestars made creating and managing our loyalty program in store so fun and easy! It allows us to create promotions, coupons, track loyalties, and customize every aspect of our program!
ConsUsing this software, I have no experienced anything about this that we did not like. It has been a very pleasant and fun experience
September 12, 2019
Jorge C.
August 7, 2019

“Good back up for keeping track of your customers”

OverallIt worked pretty well for our business for about a year after we upgraded our POS and migrated our customer database in we no longer needed five stars, unfortunately. But it works
ProsIt keeps track of emails of customers and gives them automatic points based on how muchoney they spent, or how many visits, you can custom this however you want
ConsMost POS systems already come with a customer loyalty program, and sometimes its easier to use those than five stars. If you have the extra cash for the service do it.
August 7, 2019
Lauren L.
Barista
Food & Beverages, 5001-10,000 employees

“Amazing ”

ProsIts super easy to use and understand and customer service is very helpful and knowledgeable.
ConsIt doesn't always show local business that use fivestars
Tralena S.
Artist
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed

“Amazing App”

ProsI love that its so easy to sign up for and easy to sign in at shops and easily collect points with.
Consi have no cons about the app or the program.